Designers » B » Floral Green « Groups

Bliss Bliss for women

Bliss Bliss for women
dislike

ozonic

Bliss Spa’s e mission is to ensure that you feel good. The company launches its first fragrance, named Bliss, inspired by the blend of essential oils that scents every Bliss Spa location.

The fragrant composition is developed by Cecile Hua, promoting and providing good mood with a fresh mixture of bright bergamot, dewy cucumber and vivid flowers, such as lilies, violet and ylang-ylang. This unique blend is light enough to be your signature perfume that you wear on special occasions. Bliss is, simply put, a spa in a bottle.

Top notes: bergamot, dewy green notes, cucumber.Heart: lily, ylang-ylang.Base: violet.

Bliss fragrance will be sold in two sizes: 10 ml roll-on and 50 ml EDT. Bliss was launched in 2010.

Bergamot Green Notes Cucumber

Ylang-Ylang Lily

Violet

Bliss Fragrance Reviews

Carnelian
Carnelian

I don't agree with some of the other reviews that cucumber dominates this fragrance, but I do think that perhaps each person's nose will be most drawn to a particular note in a frag, for different reasons - whether it's notes that we love or hate. In my case, my nose picks out the ylang ylang strongest, perhaps because I have worked with this oil myself, and to me it offers a suggestion of banana, not always my fave in frags. But I like ylang ylang and find that the other oils balance out the "banana" and make this frag relaxing and refreshing, particularly in summer heat. It really is an excellent representation of the oils most commonly used in spas overall, not just Bliss. Also glad that it's not yet another so-called "relaxing" lavender-vanilla blend! Good for daywear.

Sassygirl18
Sassygirl18

This fragrance is a calming spa retreat in a bottle. Soft aquatic and fruity notes. Very nice, soft fragrance.

LuiLui
LuiLui

I LOVE the smell of this scent on my skin.
L.O.V.E. I.T.!!!!!

demurevelvet
demurevelvet

This is too sharp and bitter on me. It smelled like it was turning. Even though it was a few dollars at TJ's it had to be returned.

Tracyarts
Tracyarts

I find this fragrance to be fresh and calming, but also soft and feminine. The cucumber opening notes fade fast, then I get the aquatic notes, and finally a drydown of something soft and slightly flowery. It's a very short-lived fragrance on me, but that's okay. I swim most mornings, and always keep a rollerball vial of Bliss packed in my gym bag. After I'm showered and changed, the fragrance not only helps me relax after my workout, but carries the freshness of the water along with me while I run my morning errands.

aficionada
aficionada

There is no words to describe how much I love this perfume. The scent is simply divine. It is so fresh and uplifting. Can't stop sniffing my wrist. Definitely a headturner. My only wish it lasted a little bit longer.

Bliss EDT is actually not bad for an inexpensive Summer scent. I had initially expected this fragrance to be quite citrusy, and while the bergamot note is certainly present, a sweet, green lily accord provides a softer, more feminine feel.

I've recently discovered that I tend to enjoy Summer fragrances with cucumber in the scent pyramid. More often than not this note appears in popular masculine fragrances, for example, Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren and Eternity Aqua for Men by Calvin Klein, both of which I really enjoy smelling on a man. I think the cucumber in Bliss EDT works well alongside the sweet bergamot and lily blend.

Bliss EDT is quite a simplistic and crisp fragrance. I only crave these qualities during Summer, and it works especially well during Australia's dry, hot spells. It tends to remind me of pool parties, so I'd say that it's slightly reminiscent of an aquatic. I also smell a subtle hint of sea salt in this composition, that can at times present itself as being rather sharp.

You'll come to realise that Bliss EDT is either a love it or a hate it. Some may detest the ozonic nature of this fragrance, in particular the lily and watery cucumber blend. In all honesty, I do have to be in the right mood to wear Bliss EDT. The weather also plays a big role in determining how well this fragrance works on my skin.

heatherine
heatherine

As is noted several times in reviews, the cucumber opening is very strong. However, on me the drydown didn't diminish the cucumber. It's refreshing to have a cucumber note without it competing with melon. I didn't detect much bergamot but it was there in the opening. The ylang ylang was noticeable to me on the drydown. Sillage and endurance are surprisingly good! This is a very fresh scent and unlike any of my usual go-to frags, but is great for the work day; I can see using it at the beach, or perhaps after a workout and shower. I would not pay the SRP, but find it was definitely worth the $10 blind buy at Marshall's and the bottle is a cute keeper.

EDIT: after possessing this little gem for nearly a month, I have to say it has earned a place on my favorite, "go-to" shelf. It's such a comforting scent, it keeps me going throughout the day and is absolutely perfect for hot, hot weather. I find myself scanning the shelves in TJ Maxx and Marshall's to stock up! I believe I really would pay the SRP after all.

keoneill
keoneill

i wore this out and one of my guy friends said i smelled like salad. i guess i can use it as room spray...

Kellylovesperfume
Kellylovesperfume

This perfume has a nice, light beginning, but the dry down is extremely strong, slightly acidic, and doesn't depart for many hours....think it's giving me a headache..which in my book is the opposite of "Bliss" :-(

Sizzler
Sizzler

Hot Cucumbers - not Blissful. Fragrances can have that sense of warm or cool to them. I would think this should have a cool sensibility, but somehow it comes off burning hot in the beginning with a strong cucumber note (burns my nose). Once that calms down it does have a nice "spa" scent...an interesting fragrance.

I love the package design and the bottle!

Edit: After living with this a bit and learning more about what I think I'm smelling..I think Licorice is what I'm getting in this scent. Licorice could be the spice that seems "hot."

Booogie
Booogie

This one is slightly spicy on me as well! Hmmm... It's weird but in a good way. Definitely smell cucumber and aquatic-type stuff, floral as well. It's fresh, light and strangely spicy but not overly so. Just barely. I do enjoy this, probably not enough to reach for it often. It would make a great room spray! Very refreshing, interesting, but not my idea of "bliss".

EDIT- I'm enjoying this scent more and more! At first it seemed so strange, a dewy, watery, green floral with noticable cucumber. But as I'm getting used to such a scent, I can understand it much better. It really isn't spicy, that was just how I was interpreting the cucumber. I like this scent a lot now! Clear and crisp, calm and happy. It has lasted overnight, too!

peppermint136
peppermint136

If a cucumber, fresh cotton, and fresh water had a baby, this would be it. Love it!

Bottle: 9/10
Staying power: 9/10 (good for an EDT)

Plus I found this at TJ Maxx for $5!

nannaje
nannaje

Smells like crowberry juice! Fresh and green without the regular horrid aquatic-citrusy note fresh scents all seem to have. Something spicy in there as well. I use it as room spray...

Hollie
Hollie

Surprisingly spicy/woody on me initially......in a slightly "off" way. I can't put my finger on the smell but it somehow reminds me of Indian food and soap at the same time...just not right. After maybe ten minutes,I really smell the cucumber and water lilly but that lingering initial scent turns everything into a severely peppered, warm cucumber soap mess. Doesn't last long and luckily fades into inoffensiveness within twenty minutes.It obviously is well-liked by others so it must be my chemistry and/or perception. I will give it another try in the future....often times scents smell entirely different to me at a later date. I'm SO glad I only spent ten dollars ( 1.7 oz bottle at TJ Maxx.) Phooey.

UPDATE: Well....some time has gone by so I decided to give it another try. I wore it out of the house this time and to my surprise, I received two compliments within an hour.Strange because although it did smell less offensive to me than when I reviewed it earlier, I still did not notice anything particularly special about this scent.One of the "complimentors" said she smelled lavender and after that suggestion...yes.....it smells like lavender to me now. I guess that's where the sharp,soapiness comes from.Imagine lavender now....combined with cucumber and lily, and it takes me right back to the Indian food/soap concoction as mentioned the first time. It makes a little more sense to my nose this time around so I guess I'm not repulsed by it anymore but I still do not love it.......apparently other's enjoyed it on me though so when I'm in an unselfish perfume mood(which is rare),I'll go ahead and give it a spritz....take one for the team.

Hayven
Hayven

I didn't think I would like this, but I ended up liking it a lot! It's fresh and the drydown smells like genuine cucumber (not paired with melon). Also the bottle looks really cute!

papergurl
papergurl

Sometimes a gourmand/oriental lover has to take a "spa break". This is my "cleanse the palate" scent along with BBW Sea Island Cotton. Put some shea butter cream on my feet and spray either one then put on comfy socks. Marshall's had this for $10 on clearance and this is more cucumber than marc jacobs cucumber splash. I do get the ylang ylang a bit and definitely the lily and bergamot which keeps you from smelling like a watery salad. It is clean, but not aquatic/crisp. There's no violet in the mix. I think I will put it in the fridge during the summer, not worth the retail, hence multiple bottles and roll-ons in clearance.

dmaw
dmaw

My teenage daughter says it smells "shower fresh". It's the cucumber.

TillyWave
TillyWave

This is a relatively simple fragrance that is subdued and muted in character. It isn't paticularly 'fresh,' but it is clean smelling. Basically I detect a soft cucumber, a bit of woods, a general herbal/essential oil accord, with a drydown of papery violets. It lasts for 4-6 hours if you apply enough with minimal sillage.

While I like it, I think it's because I bought it blind at TJMaxx for only $15. The SRP of $54 for this is just ridiculous. I would never pay that much for a perfume like this. It just confirms my suspicion that Bliss sells overpriced hair/body care products to people who enjoy using expensive stuff, rather than good stuff.

karencherries
karencherries

Pretty much pure cucumber and lily to my nose. It's very clean and smells like laundry detergent or dryer sheets. The staying power isn't very good though.

melslalter
melslalter

Love this! I am a medical esthetician and nurse. It is extremely refreshing!

Alinaboo
Alinaboo

I love this stuff but sadly is don't smell as good on me as it does out of the bottle!

Wet cucumber and dry lily pretty much sum up the story of BLISS. The opening has a strong fresh-sliced cucumber character, and the drydown is a slightly woody-smelling lily. I would have guessed vetiver, actually, but it is not listed among the notes. I do not smell violet at all.

Cucumber fragrance lovers (you must be out there somewhere...) may be disappointed at the fleeting appearance of that note in this composition. Lily lovers who do not abhor cucumber (or are willing to hold their breath for a minute or two) may enjoy wearing BLISS. Will this induce "bliss" in anyone? Frankly, I have my doubts. I will say that this is fragrance is more appealing to me than anything in the CLEAN line I've tried to date--which appears to be aiming for a similar effect and marketing to a similar niche.

diabolicalsister
diabolicalsister

I find cucumber scents always really refreshing...this was anything but. The cucumber note is missing any crispness, instead it's that whiff reminding you that you left a half-eaten salad out from yesterday. I even imagine this is what the foot baths might smell like at the end of a busy day at the spa. I'm not saying that this smells foul, or disgusting, at all. I just mean there's a tiny residue of something un-fresh in there. It's coming up a warm, slightly salty-floral scent, with an over-ripe cucumber opening. Dried-down, I don't mind this on a passer-by. But on my skin, I feel like I need another shower tonight.

adele l
adele l

Very light and clean- the cucumber is prominent, the flowers very subdued..can't detect ylang or bergamot. pleasant and certainly safe to wear but not really my style, more so for those who enjoy the Clean line of scents and their ilk.

floof
floof

I have been to the bliss spa many times and it really does smell like this. Its great to spray the room. its very cucumber/violet/ylang ylang. Refreshing and cool, while still being relaxing. Also the lasting power is surprising and price point for the really cute bottle is appropriate.

cloyd42
cloyd42

This perfume will have a very specific appeal to those who like the scent of cucumber. It is the purest and most persistent note in it. I find the astringency of cucumber bracing and refreshing but the floral notes are subdued, particularly in the roll-on version. The violet and lily are there and add sophistication but I can't detect the bergamot at all. This perfume will definitely turn heads because it's so unusual but it's definitely office safe and probably would be an excellent unisex scent. The floral is somewhat more forward in the EDT, which I would highly recommend as a cooling spritz on a bright sunny day.

Bliss by Bliss 3.30 out of 5 based on 84 ratings and 27 user reviews

Parfum 3.4oz
Bliss - Steep Clean Facial Mask 3.4 oz. No Color - Beauty
Bliss - Steep Clean Facial Mask 3.4 oz. No Color - Beauty
Gift Set 1oz
Clinique Travel Set Makeup Remover DDML Moisture Surge City Block SPF40 Eye Serum Lip Smoothie Strawberry Bliss Mirror Bag 7pcs 1bag
Parfum 1oz
Bliss - The Youth As We Know It Serum 1.0 oz. No Color - Beauty
Bliss - The Youth As We Know It Serum 1.0 oz. No Color - Beauty
Parfum 1.7oz
Bliss - The Youth As We Know It 1.7 oz. No Color - Beauty
Bliss - The Youth As We Know It 1.7 oz. No Color - Beauty
L'Occitane Fleur D'Or Acacia Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
L'Occitane Fleur D'Or Acacia Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bliss Bliss fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bliss Bliss, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bliss by Bliss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bliss by Bliss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.