Designers » B » Woody Spicy « Groups

AB Blood Concept for women and men

AB Blood Concept for women and men
dislike

AB Blood Concept for women and men Pictures AB Blood Concept for women and men Pictures

AB by Blood Concept is a Woody Spicy fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. AB was launched in 2013. Top notes are green pepper, methyl pamplemousse and bergamot; base notes are white wood and musk.

Green Pepper Methyl Pamplemousse Bergamot

White Wood Musk

AB Fragrance Reviews

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

Blood Concept AB
Perfumer: Phillippe Boussetton of Takasago
Notes: Bergamot, Green pepper, Metyl-pamplemousse, Mineral notes, Piperonale Accord, White woods, Musk

Imagine a picture of a man's armpit, caked white with deodorant residue. That picture pretty much sums up what I'm going to say about this fragrance but - and perhaps this shouldn't be surprising given what an odd bunch we fragrance fanatics are - it's actually a positive.

When I first got this sample I was instantly intrigued as the opening is quite interesting, but once it got to the drydown on paper, I wrote it off as being synthetic shit, as it smelled kind of like a cheap designer deodorant.

It took a full wearing for this one to really click.

This starts off with an acrid grapefruit accord that is quite sulfuric. Very similar to the sulfuric grapefruit of Sulphur (I've smelled this accord more and more recently - a new chemical perhaps?), although this one is immediately flanked by some ethereal white musks, and a hint of the piperonal (heliotropin) that will play a larger role later on. The acrid grapefruit and whatever spices are comprising the mineral notes give this the qualities of ripe body odor, but the smooth and sweet "white accord" of heliotrope/white musk and some smooth aldehydes juxtapose a cheap but pleasant "freshly applied deodorant accord" against it.

And that there is the intrigue, and dare I say brilliance, of this scent. It's very Humiecki and Graef in that first glance it's just pleasant and modern and fairly synthetic, but with a bit of a deeper analysis you can see how it sneaks in some avant-garde qualities quite under the radar. The pungency of the opening sulfuric grapefruit quickly quiets to a level few would find offensive, and yet remains present enough throughout that the entirety of the scent feels like a deodorant barely reigning in a hint of fresh-but-beginning-to-sour sweat.

There's a hint of a wet concrete note in the heart that must be part of the mineral notes - which is interesting as it serves as a bridge between the more pungent notes and the faintly powdery, fresh/sweet/smooth deodorant accord - and also because it adds an inhuman element to the otherwise very human battle between dirty and clean.

The dry down eventually does begin to feel more like a modern mainstream deodorant as the acrid notes soften over the hours, but the transition is so slow and seamless, and the pungent human accord never fully disappears such that the late stage doesn't feel like a let down.

Fans of rich vintage scents that shun all things modern will hate this, and understandably so, but I do recommend it to fans of the Humiecki & Graef aesthetic of modern with a twist, especially for those looking for something clean.

batabidd
batabidd

Terrible. Starts beautifully with a sharp grapefruit accord accompained with a mineral note.
Then it turns into something generic and ugly. Smells cheap and (bad) Lynx-like deodorant. Argh!
Nothing like the original, glorious AB. next!

Sharp grapefruit, Bergamot and green pepper in the opening of this fragrance and it's another wow!
Strangely reminds me of something I've smelled before, like some generic masculine antiperspirant or something? Normally this would put me and others off, what is supposed to be an innovative and expensive niche fragrance but somehow it remains more complicated and too aloof to be pinned down.
It's a musky, woods and some bizarre synthetic feel.
This could be coming from a piperonial/heliotrope accord which TBH I usually don't like it is so odd and lends a new dimension to what is in effect, quite a simple composition.
I really like that familiarity coupled with mystery in a stripped back juice which has a gentle freshness and close skin drydown.
I'm not crazy about this scent and it's an interesting outing but not really for me.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

So AB is a very interesting fragrance along this line. I only tried a sample a couple of times so I didn't get as good of a test as I'd like, but I did get a decent impression. Opening up, AB gives me an impression of green peppers, bergamot and a synthetic kind of note. It's not bad, but the combination gives me the impression of a skunk, as weird as it sounds. If you've ever smelled a skunk from a distance, you know what I'm talking about. The opening notes aren't *bad* - they're just a bit unusual. As the scent moves on it dries down to a light wood and musk. Good longevity, not too heavy, probably can be worn in most weather as long as it's not overapplied.

sameh
sameh

It's a strange & very unlikely idea , but the truth is I like all the notes in the Blood Concept Black Series especially the very unusual notes like ( cannabis, carrot seed , mandragore, angelica seed , gun powder , Inoki accord ) , honestly I CAN HARDLY WAIT 2 TEST THEM !

P.S. I wish I was rich so I could have gone 2 the Florence in the course of Fragranze 11 .

AB by Blood Concept 3.63 out of 5 based on 8 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Blood Concept AB fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Blood Concept AB, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify AB by Blood Concept. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of AB by Blood Concept represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.