Designers » B » « Groups

RED+MA Blood Concept for women and men

RED+MA Blood Concept for women and men
dislike

RED+MA Blood Concept for women and men Pictures

A SUBTLE GAME OF BLOOD AND MILK.  WHEN INNOCENCE IS LOST THEN PLEASURE IS SIN.  A STOLEN KISS.  IN A FORBIDDEN DREAM.

RED+MA hypnotizes the nostrils, playing with contrasts. Inspired by life's first fluids—blood and milk—, the fragrance is a “pink” scent, where the white and red don’t blend, but set a mutual, dual seduction game where no solution is expected. RED+MA is all about the sharp and thin line BETWEEN innocence and transgression. RED+MA was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Antoine Lie.

RED+MA Fragrance Reviews

Adrian_jacobs1984
Adrian_jacobs1984

This smells awful I have a sample just nasty YUCK in the trash my sample goes

Syzygy73
Syzygy73

This freaks me out. I admire the idea behind it but it makes my skin crawl. The metallic note is far too hostile. Utterly unpleasant.

andros06
andros06

A very weird, sweet, synthetic, clove-like scent. I definitely agree with the reviewer below who said it was like clove. There wasn't anything very seductive about this fragrance. I don't really remember the metallic or blood note in this either.

batabidd
batabidd

Notes
aldehydes,metallic notes, milk accord, cedar, violet leaf, musk, sandalwood

Well, well, well... This is much better that you may think.
Yes, it does smell synthetic as you may expect, but I adore avant-garde synthetic perfumes. This is a perfume meeting the anti-perfume. A battle of warm and cold.
The opening is brutal (if honest), so ferous and sharp-metallic that I can easily taste the "blood" in my mouth. There's aldehydes (lots), metallic note(tons) but not clean as represented in the ABOAB serie. In Red +MA it tends to be a saline, even mineral rusty-like accord if you like, a deja vú of that smell that remains in your hands when you have contact for a while with old, rusty metal.
This accord goes hand to hand with the aldehydes, which tones down through the life of this perfume.
Now, in my skin I can't really get much the "lactic effect", maybe at the drydown, accompained with the cedar, wich resembles to my nose, like a warm milk smell, but eventually, it turns into a clean, aseptic, "laundry smell" accent, as its little brother "+MA" has.

In a nutshell. RED +MA = criminal metallic notes+ clean notes+ creamy floral-ish cedar.

Does it smell like blood? Yep, (especially after 1-2 hours of application) but damm yummy blood!
Beautiful, a piece of art.
Wearable? Yes. Deffo!
Get it if you suck for perfumes like the Comme des Garçons avant-garde conceptual launches.

PS: I love the polarising, weird, saline, ripe floral spirit of "Secretions Magnifiques" but I do find it hard to wear. Red +MA moves in another direction, as it is surprisly wearable... In fact, I wore it today at work and I had loads of complimets... As I said, surprised! I didn´t expect this at all!

Brilliantly put by @Gileshowe...

'Though you'd have to be very, very enigmatic indeed, and self-assured, to pull off smelling so unsettling.'

So true.

This fragrance is nuts!
So metallic and unusual it beggars belief. The initial blast of aldehydes is weird but not unpleasant and lasting throughout. I can only really identify cedar and maybe some musk in the base but not a lot else. It's mainly about sharp metallic notes which evoke a cold stone or flint accord, with the majority of these fragrances bloody all the way.
I don't think it's fair to compare this to Secretions magnifiques in a a negative regard because that is much more offensive than this. I can totally see the connection though, metallic and strange definitely applies to both of them.
Red is not as much of a scrubber in my opinion it's fresher sweeter and more playful but still I'd never wear it.

Cologniac
Cologniac

Just got a sample of this and ELdO Sécrétions Magnifiques today and did a side by side comparison. I much prefer the ELdO offering. In fact, i did not like this one at all. I dont really know how to descibe it but let's just say that i agree with some of the more colourful reviews here.

I will give it credit for sillage though, especially since the last Blood Concept sample i tried (Black B) was so weak. At least with this one i could smell something...it's just not something i want to smell again.

Q80
Q80

it smells like a fresh Egyptian mango that just been picked from the tree. a bit sour, but very mango, not the annoying mango of the first Angel Men perfume, but a very pleasant smell. only the FEW will like it so DO NOT buy it unless you have a sample or try it. it will NOT fit you if you are not the risky or someone who likes to try new things and smells. so again try it before you buy it. although i like to read the description and the inspiration behind the perfumer's creation, but please skip this one and never read it untill you try it first (just as i did) because i got disgusted reading the inspiration behind this perfume which did by itself created some illusions and imaginations even though i already know how it smells. so please neglect the description and go for the SAMPLE first if you are a fan of a sour fresh Egyptian Mango (the Mabruka Mango منجا مبروكة).
note: there are 21 kind of egyptian mangos and this one is not the smell of the famous alfonso Mango, but it is the smell of Mabruka mango

asheble93
asheble93

This is definitely a perfume you wear for the sake of perfumery. At first it seems very unfamiliar and unapproachable in its complexity and contrast. (I understand why no notes are listed) However, after the first 30 seconds and a few good whiffs, a few notes do stand out: lemon or some type of citrus, floral accords, and I do smell something like milk, only more metallic. All in all, the overall concept in my opinion is achieved: there is no clear motif, but rather a slew of contrasting notes all vying for dominance; each one cycling onto and off stage without conclusion for the audience. It is frustrating but impressive at the same time, in that it makes the reviewer stop and think rather than simply smell.
8.0/10

kamilleisamansname
kamilleisamansname

Brought to you by the same nose behind Etat Libre D'Orange's Secretions Magnifiques. This one is arguably even more challenging than SM. Upon application it smells like what I can only describe as a strange mix of apple juice, urine (and not in a Kourous "cat piss" sort of way, I mean the harsh-smelling, deep amber colored urine produced by someone dehydrated), rust, salt, condensed milk, caramel, butter, cinnamon, and the faintest bit of lemon zest. It's awfully sweet, salty, and metallic and only gets slightly better with the drydown.

Excuse the unpleasant imagery, but this fragrance really does smell like someone took a bloody piss on an apple pie, complete with a scoop of ice cream on top.

Natalia78
Natalia78

These two guys have reconstructed my comprehension of a fragrance. MA+ is not a perfume but a form of art. It transgresses every possible dimension of olfactory universe. Never smelled anything like it. Get it!

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

Revolting blood, breastmilk, puke. Ideal for those people who like the taste of metal spoons or tin foil against a filling. There is to me a curious and strong note of clove and if you are looking for a totally bizaare clove perfume then you might well like this. Though you'd have to be very, very enigmatic indeed, and self-assured, to pull of smelling so unsettling.

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

I just got this in the mail, from an Ebay seller in Italy who had this and other Blood Concept items listed under cameras/photo, etc.. This was my second purchase from them, so I know the products are authentic. The box was really fun to try to figure out how to open. That was the good part. This smells more awful than Secretions Magnifique. I may be selling decants of this shortly..

TakeABiteOfMe
TakeABiteOfMe

First review!
I'll start saying that I appreciate Blood Concept. They're very creative and original, the concept behind their perfumes (the fact that each fragrance wants to describe a step of the evolution of the human being and all those things) is really intresting, and the packaging is amazing.
So when I saw that they made a new perfume, I went crazy!
I wanted to try it and see if it was as challenging as the previous other perfumes.
I have to say that +Ma was not the best from the line, but it was quite good, like an aseptic gourmand with pure, milky, creamy and clean notes. Not bad.
But Red +Ma is so much better! It keeps the aseptic gurmand style of its predecessor, but taking off that strange, artificial smell and adding a more gentle and toothaching note (maybe vanilla) and blending this beautiful accord with the metallic, unmistakeable blood scent.
They define it the point of conjuction between innocence and sin. Blood and milk.
Better than it doesn't seem.

RED+MA by Blood Concept 2.78 out of 5 based on 31 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Blood Concept RED+MA fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Blood Concept RED+MA, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify RED+MA by Blood Concept. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of RED+MA by Blood Concept represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.