Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

Ardent Boadicea the Victorious for women and men

Ardent Boadicea the Victorious for women and men
dislike

beeswax

Ardent by Boadicea the Victorious is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Ardent was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Christian Provenzano. Top notes are coriander, carrot seeds, saffron and turkish rose; middle notes are rose, beeswax, jasmine and hedione; base notes are benzoin, vanilla, labdanum, agarwood (oud), patchouli, musk and amber.

Coriander Carrot Seeds Saffron Turkish Rose

Rose Beeswax Jasmine Hedione

Benzoin Vanilla Labdanum Agarwood (Oud) Patchouli Musk Amber

Noir de Noir
Tintura Spiritosa

Ardent Fragrance Reviews

shushkin
shushkin

This is lovely and I can totally see why someone has noted the similarity with TF Noir de Noir. I love both fragrances. I do think though that NdN is a bit deeper and smokier. I think its the bees wax in this which gives this a softer feel. I dont think Ardent develops much like NdN either. The rose, vanilla and wax are very evident on the opening. The patch, benzoin, labdanum and oud give that wonderful sweet, woody and smokey warmth. Its like a lovely warm cardigan. Moderate sillage and good longevity.

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

Quite easily the best rose fragrance I have got my nose on to date. I don't care much for rose dominate frags as much as I like the note in a composition. It's got to be well balanced, this was able to make rose the main note but turn it in to the best smelling rose frag ever! Perfect blend of spice and sweetness, it does lean a little femm on my skin but I don't care, I like it. I'll wear it!

AlyDoll13
AlyDoll13

Whatever you might think,that there ain t anything new in this fragrance,or that you may have met before in others,please give it a try.Don t judge before testing,just smell this masterpiece!

moodypaws
moodypaws

Ardent is haunting me. I dabbed a few drops in my wrists a few days ago and some rubbed into the leather strap of my watch. I'm still catching wafts from it! It catches me totally unaware and it makes me want a full bottle.

I don't find this rose particularly feminine, it's a chiaroscuro of bright florals and deep woodsy/sweet notes. The drydown is magnificent, chewy with beeswax and creamy woods.

Not sure it's worth the money they are commanding, so will look for an unwanted bottle first before I inevitably surrender to a full price purchase.

muneerah
muneerah

I just got mine today ..heaven in a bottle smells very feminine rich sweet in a very good way

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Nome perfetto. E' una rosa turca ardente stupenda.
Verde legnosa rugiadosa come Rose Ishtar, pungente e balsamica come Rose Anonyme AC, dolce e vanigliata come Brulure de Rose PG...Insomma una rosa complessa, elegantissima, travolgentemente romantica, viva.
Non cremosa, un tocco di oud le dà profondità, un tocco di miele le dà morbidezza.
Mi comunica passione e bellezza.
L' immagino indossata da Catherine mentre cerca Heathcliff nella brughiera affrontando la tempesta..
L' unico, diciamo, neo è il suo costo stratosferico, ahimè...
Comunque FAVOLOSA.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

محبي نوار دي نوار من توم فورد وكذلك من لمعجبه عطر نوار دي نوار مدعوين لتجربة هذا العطر
الذي مزج عبير الروز الرائع وروائح الورود مع روائح الجزر مع لمسات من الفانيلا والعسل والعود الغير مزعج مع الباتشول (المائل لرائحة التربه) لينتج لنا عبير جذاب وفخم
افضل هذا العطر كثيرا على نوار دي نوار فالعطر هذا اكثر اشراقا واتقانا وامتاعا. من نوار دي نوار ..... مكونات طبيعية في مجملها تطور رائع ومزيج لذيذ.

julieekerr
julieekerr

Tested this in Selfridges and fell in love. My skin can often make perfume smell peppery or soapy but this remained true and beautiful. Could still smell it the following day. It has a sweet softness that just envelopes edging on sexy. The silage is excellent. Purchased it in winter and suspect it may be overpowering in very hot weather but it is my all time favourite. Ordered a number of samples from B V (most not to my taste)but more recently purchased Intense, however Ardent still my favourite. Although sold as unisex think this is a perfume for women.

Kterhark
Kterhark

This entry reaffirms my belief that this house is better named 'Bodaciously Self-Glorious'

It seems every one of their fragrances opens with a pompous belch. They need to work on their tops notes; these should be inviting and fresh.

Instead of a pyramid Ardent wears like an hour glass; top heavy in both opening and closing. The 30 to 90 minute stretch was the most enjoyable. Here it wore like an oriental floral, giving me wasps of honeyed rose and gentle greenery. Still a little loud, though. I would not feel comfortable wearing this to work.

The two hour mark is when the horror happens. Something in the dry down does not mesh with me. It's like putting on a Tshirt that you forgot to wash, but not realizing it until you are in a crowded elevator. This just goes rank on me. I rarely wash a fragrance but with Ardent I have to.

Tested today and fallen in love!
It is such a lovely, soft, elegant rose!
This smells almost as a soliflore, but I see there is a lot going on in it.
Aoud? No aoud. If aoud was noticeable, then aoud-hater bf would have killed it.
Instead this was one of the very few times I put my wrist under his nose and straight he went: "Nice!"
The rest of the notes are just so faint or rather well blended that the final result is all about rose of the most fresh dewy kind and yet there is substance here.
Only after a couple of hours at least the woody musk comes out and it is just delicious and soft and lasted after a shower!
Good, really good stuff, but crazily priced. Unfortunately.

EDIT: ok, I'm less enthusiastic than first time, but I keep spraying this from testers because I like it, but it's not so convincing for shelling so many euro. The rose becomes too fruity. Anyway the scent is longlasting and lasts even longer on fabrics in the form of an ambered rose. Nice.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Boadicea the Victorious Ardent fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Boadicea the Victorious Ardent, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ardent by Boadicea the Victorious. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ardent by Boadicea the Victorious represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.