Designers » B » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Intense Boadicea the Victorious for women and men

Intense Boadicea the Victorious for women and men
dislike

honey

Extremely feminine, this fragrance is a luscious interpretation of the classic white flower perfumes. But it could also be worn by men.

Terrific modern composition, with a fruity twist, has a rich, woody background of vanilla and honey. The heart is floral, made of rose, white lilly, tuberose and jasmine.

It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDP and 100 ml atomizer.

Intense was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is John Stephen.

Fruity Notes

tincture of rose Lily Tuberose Jasmine

Woodsy Notes Vanille white honey Patchouli

Agarwood Collection Passionate
Elixir Charnel Le Boise Torride

Intense Fragrance Reviews

tandaina
tandaina

This is Boadicea's non battle wear. This is a queen, totally confident in her power dressed in a simple silk shift, her hair down, her jewels set aside because she knows *she's* a jewel.

Beauty decanted into a bottle that would pass as royal treasure. This is clear light honey, still shimmering with pollen from a whole countryside full of bright spring flowers. It's the mead in the queen's cup, and the sweetness of her kisses for her paramour.

Absolutely breathtaking. On me it starts strong, and then settles into the sort of soft background scent that wafts throughout the day, coming and going. Just went you think it's faded to the very edge of nothingness you move and it's like a sudden breeze filled with the scent of flowers. Obviously I love it, I bought a full bottle and I have no regrets at all.

shushkin
shushkin

Now Im worried. I might get chased by a swarm of bees! lol I was expecting Zoologist Hummingbird to be more like this instead of all the musk which was very off putting. It doesnt get more honeyed floral than this. Its amazing that it never gets heavy and cloying. Its totally delicious. Moderate sillage but outstanding longevity

marbledcat
marbledcat

This scent is GORGEOUS! It's lush and still manages to feel pure and clean. Not clean as in soapy, but rather clean as in not being convoluted. It starts out with a mouthful of honey and builds into a bouquet of sweet floral happiness. I haven't had it long, and need to try it more but it seems like one that could be a unique signature scent. It's different enough to pull that off, but also not headachingly strong to wear at work or around other scents.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

From my experience this is definitely a warmer weather perfume, colder weather makes it more sharp and that sharpness gives me a headache. But, in the warmer weather, honey richness really shines through in a soft beautiful way. You can pick up some fruits and florals in the background, and how they are mixed together, makes this fragrance very sophisticated, almost like a mix of a modern perfume art and classic vintage style. But, don't get me wrong, this doesn't have a vibe of something from the 50's, it just has it's sophistication.

I think it's totally full bottle worthy if you're into white florals and honey, floral gourmand type of lover.

pravda48
pravda48

Wearing for the 2nd time today (bought a fb to split):

The opening is LOTS of white honey, big globs of it, mixed with some fruits (I'm leaning towards saying white peach but maybe that's just a honey association) and a decent amount of lush, almost-powder-edged jasmine on my skin. The base of patch is present mingling with that rich gooey honey 50/50, keeping it from skyrocketing into the wearable confection category.

I think it's the particular type of jasmine in this that's reminding some people of a Mugler, but the honey in this ties for THE best I've ever smelled in a scent (with the opening of Olympic Orchid's honey scent). It has a more natural feel to it, I really feel it resembles a kind of clover honey I ate as a child.

This is just the opening, I'll observe more since I'll be wearing it the next 2 days for the Nov challenge!

[11.18.14, 2 sprays on wrists]

ETA: 2nd day now, I decided to decant into a dab bottle to be able to use just a DROP of this powerhouse. Ahhh, that's better! I literally put a dab on one wrist and dabbed them together and now the volume is more to my liking. INTENSE is correct!

A honey-drizzled cornucopia of super ripe fruits and lush lily/jasmine bouquet sitting right beside, also dripping shimmering drops of thick white honey. Patchouli is the table decor the cornucopia and bouquet are sitting on, adding its aroma to the honeypot.

I'm not sure it's for me (I'm still duking it out w/ the jasmine/lily types that are in it) but WOW is it lush, rich, powerful, and clearly marked by quality.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Ugh, sorry people but I'm just getting the same strident-sweet honeyed-floral just like in Passionate and the drydown of Emprise.

But it's huge here. Maybe this is much more suited to women as with my chemistry it just didn't do it. I think I prefer the syrupy resinous honeys mixed with denser notes and spices.

It must be the lily note. The honey and vanilla are completely different to the theme in Tobacco Vanille say, there it's thick, rich and gourmandy. Here, it's very light, thinned-out and airy-floral, like a spiked nectar of some sort.

I think it would definitely suit a woman with lily and the parade of floral notes I clearly get after just 10 minutes in. Also a very faint watery hint, also maybe due to the lily.

All these resemble floral, honeyed lily/magnolia aromas so far.

Just not for me sorry, but very likely great on ladies!

Scent: 5/10.
Quality: 9/10.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Intense by Boadicea opens with a blast of vanillin and tonka on a dry woody accord, slightly salty too, with earthy and rooty nuances. At the heart of the scent, a nice pollen-caramel "roasted" accord of dry, resinous honey sweetened by a silky floral breeze and light fruity hints. I must admit this honey accord is quite well played, it is thick and compact, dry and crunchy, quite compelling too, and it beautifully and effortlessly blends with the earthy-woody side of patchouli, and with the flowers. It is not sweetish and not cloying like it often happens with this type of scents, despite being quite bold and strong it's still pleasant. After a hour or so, the pollen-resin-honey notes move a bit aside leaving the main stage to patchouli and dry flowers, in a way that it does not really "change", just feels like the harmony makes a 180° twist – now the center is patchouli and flowers, and they are sweetened by honey and resins. So in short, a nicely executed honey-floral gourmand scent, a bit affected, far better than the average gourmand scents, still with a couple of defects in my opinion – mostly due to the fact it is quite bold, so you better try it carefully before wearing it. For "aficionados".

julieekerr
julieekerr

My skin can often make perfume smell peppery or soapy but this remained true and beautiful. great longevity . It has an overriding sweet vanilla honey small on me which my husband found sexy. I Don't get much floral tones. The silage is good. Purchased it in winter and suspect it may be rather overpowering in very hot weather. Also have BV Ardent which is my all time favourite. Ordered a number of samples from B V (most not to my taste). Although sold as unisex think this perfume better suits women

alberto1964
alberto1964

Another big shot of Boadicea The Victorious. Here we are in the house of a rich and beautiful courtesan, delicately scented with creamy oils, leaving a trail of honey and summer flowers! Inviting! I want to love her!

I first tested Boadicea the Victorious Intense a while back, and my only note to myself was: "Smells like Nirmala". That would be Molinard Nirmala, which many reviewers have compared to Thierry Mugler Angel, though Nirmala appeared half a century earlier. This variation on the theme, from luxury perfume house Boadicea, was apparently launched in 2008. I've smelled this sort of thing coming out of other niche houses as well, including Micallef.

This creation definitely captures the general feeling of what has become a veritable genre: vanilla, patchouli, some fruitiness--it's all here. I would say that anyone who likes either Nirmala or Angel would like Intense. It's a sweet oriental with a big burst of patchouli. I do believe that the honey is even more marked than the vanilla in this composition. I am not convinced that this is better than good old (super economical) Nirmala. It is a bit less fruity.

Ginger Kitty
Ginger Kitty

Giles Howe... "I may daydream of licking myself like a cat covered in cream".

To an old cat like me, this sounds like it should smell (and possibly taste) blissful :o)

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

For women? Had me fooled. Definitely unisex. So I bought a flacon. Lots of honey, dark tropical honey, and one of my favourite accords: the hard to describe 'sexy playdoh/erotic plastercine' vibe. If I wore it every day I'd quickly tire of it but I liked it enough to buy a whole bottle. I will look forward to whipping it out for special occasions, to events where I may daydream of licking myself like a cat covered in cream or indeed a human dripping in honey. Sweet, but not innocent.

Cereza
Cereza

I have tried few perfumes from Boadicea the Victorious and have not been impressed. I used to think that they are more "hype" than actual quality.

Until I tried "Intense". I have fallen in love with this from the first dab upon my wrist. The honey is so true and intense that it is hard to resist. It is in no way cloying as honey sometimes is, the honey here is a bit bitter, with the hint of beeswax.
The heart is filled with my beloved tuberose and jasmine. It is gorgeous, but never overpowers the honey note which is what dominates the perfume.

It has an excellent sillage and I can still feel it 10 hours later on my skin.

I will def. purchase a bottle, it is such a grown up and elegant gourmand perfume. Everyone should give this a try.

antfarm
antfarm

In the sample vial this smells dreamy and like golden honey bliss.

However, on my wrist it became oppressive, not just intense. It was honey, honey, honey mixed with something that smelled like throw-up.

Another disturbing one from this line. Too bad, as I love their bottles.

Londonchick
Londonchick

I havn't smelt it but MY GOD the bottle. my kingdom for the bottle !!I'm a fan of Celtic design so this is a must have. ADORE the name of this range and who wouldn't kill for the bottle. I hope I get to return to England one day and buy this delicious sounding honey delight !!!

babylon_baby
babylon_baby

The honey's little bitter and faint scent remind me of SL Miel De Bois

Majesty
Majesty

Boadicea the Victorious Intense is my second successful attempt on Boadicea the Victorious line.Intense is a very refind,well crafted honey-white flowers perfume.Honey here is not sickly sweet or ''cheap'',it is so well blended with lily and tuberose that to my nose it is the ultimate gourmand masterpiece.Cold white flowers lay down under a velvet honey accord.It is exquisite,almost tropical to me!I can see a bride wearing this,it's just so ethereal,so romantic!Very good lasting power,sillage stays close to skin!I do feel like the Queen Bee wearing this!

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

INTENSE is honey sweet and creamy floral bouquet on the bed of patchouli. The honey note is strong and prominent in the fragrance. Perhaps it is the patchouli influence but the honey seems dark and intense with a bit of beeswax.

The opening has a slightly medicinal note like a camphor oil with the sweet and intense honey. The scent softens towards the heart note. The rose, jasmine and lily bouquet is intensely sweet but also very smooth and creamy. The lily is not overpowering but at times I catch its freshness which adds a beautiful dimension to the heart notes. The honey sweetness wraps around the floral bouquet like a warm cashmere shawl. The dry down is sweet honey with beeswax and a bit of vanilla.

INTENSE is comforting and cozy fragrance like most honey perfumes but it is also seductive, tempting and delicious. I like this dark and sweet honey floral bouquet a lot. The combination perhaps is not new but the synergy of honey, patchouli, rose and lily works quite well in this fragrance. The sillage and longevity are intense.

Passionflower
Passionflower

Very nice heavy but feminine honey scent. It reminds me of a friend from long ago, artistic, her own style, a bit gothic... it would have been worn well by a medieval lady. Romanticflower describes it well. Mysterious but also very recognisable as honey. I love it. And that bottle definitely makes it a 'must have'.

romanticflower
romanticflower

this fregrance opens with lot of withe flowers immersed in a honey vase.more the parfume warms on my skin more it became creamy and very well focused on honey note that is reinforced by vanilla. when i smell it i figure out a woman dressed with a black laced long dress with her dark hair gathered up, she looks seductive and provocative, she's a panther came out from the deep darkness of the night.
who really loves honey have to try it!

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

Tested this one today and instantly loved the rich and exquisit honey note in it. Sweet but quite unique and not overpowering. Longlasting aswel. I can smell a hint of it even 6 hours later. All bottles from this range are gorgeous too. Recommended!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Boadicea the Victorious Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Boadicea the Victorious Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Intense by Boadicea the Victorious. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Intense by Boadicea the Victorious represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.