Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

Mackie Bob Mackie for women

Mackie Bob Mackie for women
dislike

yellow floral

Mackie by Bob Mackie is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Mackie was launched in 1991. Top notes are pineapple, raspberry and peach; middle notes are tuberose, orange blossom, narcissus, jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose and honeysuckle; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk and vetiver.

Pineapple Raspberry Peach

David Yurman Fragrance

Mackie Fragrance Reviews

LunaTaylor
LunaTaylor

I just blind bought this because it was $4.
If Id only checked fragrantica...tuberose = NO for me. Its a rather nice scent IF you like tuberose, I can see why people appreciate it but it gives me a headache. Full bottle if anybody wants to swap message me.

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

Mackie is almost a dead ringer for Amarige on my skin-only not quite as potent. I get a colorful tutti-frutti like melange that is jubilant, sweet and fruity. No aldehydes, no hairspray or worse yet no bug spray as some have suggested.

I find it difficult to associate this fragrance with Makie's fashion sensibility. I always found his look to lean in towards matronly. Too much Vegas in the 1970's The clothes worn by the mother of the bride hoping to look younger by virtue of becoming more adventurous with shiny fabrics and bold patterns but nevertheless slipping uncannily into that undesirable fashion category steriotype: women of "a certain age". Fashion-wise, a place not one of us knowingly would want to go out of our way with our hard earned money.

I have been wearing Makie for about an hour, and I am liking it more and more. It's lighthearted, sweet and bubbly like a nice Asti Spumante.It is not too anything, moderate in every way. It is soft on sillage and because of the quality of the sweet accord, I think it would be great for any age group. As long as you are not of the unfortunate who get the aldehydic explosion.

Would I again? Yes, if I am successful in downscaling my fragrance library to only my soul sisters and I come across it in my travels. Not as loud as Amarige, and less synthetic to my nose. That just reinforces my belief that pricetag does not guarantee greatness. And you can't beat the price..

oktober
oktober

I got sucked in cause of all the fruit notes and cause of the ylang ylang.

Buuut... this is just an aldehydic bomb, with a hairspray overdose.

A scrubber. I don't understand how anyone can like this awful hairspray- aldehyde jar scent.

jb
jb

My first review, here goes... This is an interesting scent. As many people have said here, it has a touch of hairspray, gum (Juicyfruit?)and the slight smell of a 1970's mother's purse. Starts out a bit strong and then mellows into something akin to the cloud left behind after the woman wearing Gorgio walks by. Womanly, playful, a little sexy and fun. A great scent that adapts differently to each wearer. If you try it and it isn't for you, it shouldn't take long to find a grateful friend who'll wear it happily!

Kelsi87
Kelsi87

Bubblegum! That's what this reminds me of. Bubblegum and a slight hint of hairspray and cigarettes. I know what you're thinking, I should hate it, but oddly enough I love it!

Not for everyday wear, but perfect for those, "I want something different" kinda days.

Bought blind out of curiosity after reading all the reviews. Glad I did.

7/10.

possession83
possession83

It was a blind buy, after reading all the reviews I was so curious, that I just had to HAVE it. After first spritz I was very disappointed in how sweet and peachy it was. I thought I will give it away but after a while I smelt something really unique. Fortunately that peach notes fade fairly quickly on me and I'm left with flowers, musk and something earthy I can't quite put my finger on it but I enjoy it a lot. It smells even better on my clothes.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Iconic 80s tuberose that you love if you were there to remember it - even if you don't intend to love it at first. At first it's a lot of things at once: pineapple, flowers, and woods. Then, rather than settling into a progression of notes, it settles into a personality. If you imagine that Amarige got a spiral wrap perm, blew it out with a third of a bottle of hairspray, then went out in a satiny floral print dress with shoulder pads and had a good time in a place filled with cigarette smoke and Sade, finally getting home in the early hours of the morning and kicking off the 4-inch pumps, you'd get an idea of the personality this owns.

It's got just enough citrus and woods that a VERY secure metro male could wear it on Saturday.

redrapturelove
redrapturelove

The gentle peach pineapple and soft florals are beautiful,unique, and special. This fragrance has such a sophisticated essence and I love its staying power. I felt adventurous in trying something new and I am glad I did. I think you could wear this everyday or for special occasions. A new discovery from a bygone era that was simpler and sweeter..

elsie.oliveros
elsie.oliveros

I just purchased a botlle of this and, maybe it's a new formulation but I honestly don't get the notes described here nor the reviews. The opening is very green (I don't like green notes). It takes over an hour for the green to evaporate, then the heart notes are not very pleasant (a bunch of flowers, in a bad way). I am now waiting for the dry down. My skin and nose so far are saying: no, no, NO!

rosembloom
rosembloom

Dear Mackie... I fell in love with you quite a while back and now I return to your vintage self and cannot help but adore you. Mackie opens like an exotic drink fizzing with citrusy peach and raspberry nectar. Lushious, juicy, rich and potent, this one is not for a child but a well dressed woman with flair. Do not let the affordable price mislead you: this smells expensive!Full-bodied, potent and syrupy, it smells like a CLASSIC fragrance which is never outdated but sophisticated and deliciously decadent. As the florals set in, I detect a clean jasmine and a rich rosejam wrapped in creamy tuberose: the effect is stunningly sweet and rich. Sweet Ylang-Ylang renders it sensual, amping the honey to the 20th power. Orange blossom adds a freshness which I detect especially in warm wheather. It is a full-bodied fume with an 80's edge and a powerful allure. It settles down to a comforting and elegant peaches and cream luxurious floriental tinged with rich vanilla ( not listed). The resins warm it up with sweet amber and creamy sandalwood whereas the muskiness of this fume is tempered by fresh vetivier that freshens the senses and a delighfuly light patchouli . The drydown is a fruity honeyed spicy scent I cannot get enough of and which lingers in my room like a midsummer's dream. I have recieved numerous compliments on this lovely since I started to wear it again and now I know Mackie and I are made for each other. And the price... I am shocked that this rich bodacious beaut is soooo affordable yet smells like a fruity and rich Elie Saab. Looove!

pamelamadhamma
pamelamadhamma

For me, it initially comes on really strong (reminds me of Obsession) but then tapers off to a really soft flowery, fruity, and powdery smell. I need a strong scent or there is no longevity. I definitely get the rose, honeysuckle and raspberry scent with this one. Overall a very nice scent. More for evening than day though. Reminded me that I do like Obsession but this scent is much better as the scent doesn't remain really strong and musky, like Obsession does. Will definitely buy again.

Rochellesc
Rochellesc

One of the most chameleon-like scents that's EVER been made. Regardless of all the notes this fragrance encompasses, after the dry-down, it smells unique (but identifiable) on everyone. This is one of the things I miss about the heady late 80s/early 90s fragrances: the complexity and richness of multi-layered fragrances that offered something for all body chemistries. Today's scents come off as much more linear, one or two-note, and only offer minimal silage. I've been looking for something as rich as Mackie and just haven't been able to find it yet.
If you find this gem at a great price, definitely get it, as you have so little to lose and so much to gain from a fragrance that could do AMAZING things on you.

drugstore classics

Sweet Sea Pea, you are right on!

I was gifted a bottle of this by a lovely fellow Fragrantican about a year ago. Since then it has become one of my most thrilling discoveries, quickly followed by a back up bottle!

During cold weather, Mackie becomes less sweet and more spicy in nature - with a WOW factor that's hard to beat. Spicy, green, rich, heady ~ what more could you ask for?! But Mackie IS more. Here's why:

1. The longevity of this fragrance is unbelievable. I can spray it on before bed and still smell it on my skin in the morning. That's VERY unusual for me, to say the least.

2. And the drydown? Oh, SO worth the wait! I almost don't recognize this as the same fragrance, because Mackie has now become sophisticated, musky Patchouli..... A changeling!

In my humble opinion, you can't buy a floriental better than this one. FIVE STARS

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I'm laughing because this smells like overly strong perfume, cigarettes, and hair spray on me. But I kind of love it and can't stop smelling it! This must be what Studio 54 smelled like! I think I may have put on a little too much in my haste to try it after blind buying at Marshalls for $7.99. I was torn between getting 1 oz of Mackie, or 3.4 oz of Queen Latifa in the red bottle for $9.99. After reading reviews for both on my phone, I just had to get Mackie! I will try again later with a lighter hand and I'm sure it will be more wearable, it's just so amusing what I am getting right now. It's been almost an hour too, so the dry-down is either late in coming, or this is quite linear on me, which does't match up with other's reviews.

Update: Believe the hype. If you are an enthusiast of classic fragrances, get this when you come across it. When applied with a very light hand (I did one wafted spray for my wrists and one wafted spray into my blouse/decollete) this is a marvelous and crazy long lasting fragrance. There's a spiciness which I associate with carnation, a lovely musky powder, and a blend of subtle fruits and florals. Not contemporary sugary fruits, but old fashioned fruits, and to my nose the florals are not distinguishable. I can't emphasize enough the lasting power, because most of my fragrance experiences with EDTs and even many purported EDPs is that they have no lasting power at all. I believe this has the most lasting power of any fragrance I have ever worn. Plus, you are getting a vintage formulation of a 23 year old fragrance for pennies. The specific notes may not be to everyone's taste, but to anyone with fragrance interest this is a safe blind-buy because even if you hate it, you can probably find a home for it. Or try it periodically and experiment with application techniques to see how differently a quality fragrance wears from the low concentration crap we are being sold as "perfume" today.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Thick and syrupy, a fragrance born from yesteryear, Mackie is not for the inexperienced. Mackie is full, rich and quite enjoyable.
Bodacious with rich spices and bountiful florals, wearing this fragrance will garner compliments and render you helpless in constantly wanting to sniff your wrists. This is a relatively inexpensive fragrance that goes unnoticed on store shelves, yet should be snatched up for its delicious aroma.
The initial blast is forceful. Be careful when you spritz this wonderful juice on yourself. One spray on your wrist, then whooshed through your hair will get you through hours of a delightful vintage-smelling perfume at an equally delightful price.
Peach steals the show continually, along with a ripe fruit scent while the florals wrap around the sides as if you're walking down a blooming garden spring path. Sweet patchouli, warm sandalwood and a sensuous musk complete Mackie with a very gentle powdery finish to make this a cozy perfume to reach for over and over again during the cool winter months.
You'll be pleasantly surprised upon awakening the next morning to sniff traces of lingering Mackie. It's a perfume that stays with you. That's an added bonus for the price. Mackie has that old-fashioned feel to it because it is a full-bodied perfume.
It's not light, it's not fruity, it's not a pear/plum compote with synthetic vanilla tossed on top that dissipates in an hour or two. Does that make Mackie dated? Not at all. It simply makes this a worthwhile addition to your collection. It makes spending your money on a bottle of perfume worthwhile. Why? Because it's a perfume that has lasting power, it's a perfume that is different and it's a perfume that has oomph to it. You won't find many wearing this and that's a good thing. You'll stand out smelling intoxicating.
Mackie stands up to the heavy-hitters of times past. Paloma Picasso, Opium and Poison are all strong perfumes from those decades past and are still going strong. Mackie is a keen competitor and is also still being worn.
This is sweet without being cloying, musky without the attic, floral without the hothouse, spicy without Mediterranean flair. It's such a mix that is blended so expertly, so creamily that you can truly enjoy all of these notes together without any overload. Even the powder effect doesn't take precedence over anything else.

raeosun
raeosun

Fell in love with this perfume in college even though it was too old for me. Compliments from men and women. Would love to try it again now that I am older.

On me this is mostly about narcissus. Very heavy, honeyed narcissus.
The fruit notes all kind of blend together into a general fruity/juicy base for the florals. I'd say peach is the strongest, with a sort of musky peach skin note.
I get a certain sweet/spicy impression as well. Perhaps it's just the amber.

dreadpiraterachel
dreadpiraterachel

The initial blast nearly scared me away. It smelled like something a televangelist's wife would have worn in 1994--all artificial flowers and Aqua Net. I'm so glad I toughed it out, because about five minutes after application, it settles down into a pleasant floral oriental, and about fifteen minutes after, it becomes an addictive amber scent that makes me sniff my wrist obsessively. The amber, vetiver, and sandalwood really shine through on my skin. I'm wavering between "like" and "love" on this one, just because I kind of have to hold my breath when I first spray it, but it's SO GOOD once it dries down, and it just keeps getting better. I just make sure to apply it a good hour before I want to smell amazing.

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I purchased this at a outlet type store for $14.99. I remember my sister used to love it about 20 yrs ago and I grabbed it. At first it smells kinda old lady but as it settles is starting to smell more amberish and oriental. I dont smell fruit at all. It reminds me as one person stated like Tuscany per donna. Very warm and spicey-sweet. Definitely winter. Imagine this on a comfy sweater by a cozy fire in a cabin.

JaxTheMinx
JaxTheMinx

I ordered 2 x 100ml bottles from NY as I was told it's a "dead ringer" of Gucci Accenti. I don't entirely agree. The opening is LOUD, reminscent of a soapy bodywash and rather chemical. I don't get the berry or pineapple on my skin but definitely the peach. The loudness dies down soon enough to a wonderful, warm, slightly powdery floriental. The middle notes do remind me of Accenti and in my opinion the middle notes stick around for quite some time. After several hours of wear, I smelled something else - also familiar but not Accenti. It smelled very much like Ralph Lauren SAFARI! I'd be interested to know if anyone else got the whiff of psuedo-Safari on the dry down. Soft and beautiful in the end. In my opinion it is a lovely fragrance once you get past the opening boom. The spray nozzle releases a gush of fragrance, so best walk through the mist before you douse yourself in this one.
UPDATE: I love tonka bean in fragrances but if you spray this on your clothing/hair by accident, you'll wish you hadn't. The tonka bean is cloying and causes nausea. As regards my earlier remark of Ralph Lauren - that was a once-off experience. It has not resembled Ralph Lauren Safari since.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I absolutely love Mackie.. It has everything I want in a perfume. a spicy, floral, sweet oriental that has huge sillage and lasts forever (12+ hours on me).

It screams "I AM WOMAN - HEAR ME ROAR"

One of my top 5 and I have over 100 so it really fits me.. NOT for work or any small spaces. Gotta use lightly as it can quickly become overwhelming.

Definately a love or hate fragrance

scythe
scythe

So I bought this blind because it was almost free somewhere random. I spritzed it on while on the bus and was a little uncomfortable right away because it was kinda loud and smelled like white flowers and about a thousand different things all at once.

I didn't have high hopes for this but I like to give all of my scents a good wear so I put a spritz on before work. Maybe about ten hours later I got off work and it was late at night. Standing at a street light waiting for the light to change a man started talking to me and I did the smile and nod thing I do when I don't want to be rude but don't want to talk either. After (creepily) asking where I was coming from and where I was going, he proceeded to ask me what scent I was wearing. He said I smelled very good and that he wanted to buy it for his girlfriend. As the light changed and I bolted away, I heard a plaintive " please just tell me! I want to buy it for my girlfriend!" fading into the night.

So although my feelings for this orange amber juice were mixed at first, when it elicits a response like that I guess I have to keep it clasped tight to my chest forever. This smells good on chilly autumn nights (apparently). And I dig the richness, the ambery white floral and brandied fruit quality of Mackie. It lasts and lasts too.

naomigirl11
naomigirl11

This is nice for the winter and smells a bit like christmas. On the first spray it smells like shampoo which I wasn't too pleased with. However, after about 20mins, the initial shampoo smell went away and the dry down smelled nice. The dry down has a woody and light spicy scent. I bought a 30ml bottle on clearance for 7$ at winners.

mhubbard
mhubbard

This is a strong white floral. I don't get any of the fruity, jasmine or other notes people have mentioned. I would not call it a floral/oriental either. Rather it seems to have a strong gardenia note I don't care for. It does improve a bit as it dries down. Basically it is a fairly average and generic perfume-y smelling scent, probably more suitable for cooler weather.
Not awful, but outdated. It reminds me of Elizabeth Ardens' scents. Great price for those who like it.

sissu
sissu

Oh my dear Bob Mackie, I am so glad that I found you. You are so gloriously 80s (well...techniqually early 90s) and deliciously retro!

I actually like the intial "hairpsray" note but it is during the drydown that this baby really shines. A warm fruity fragrance with a bit of sweetness. Being a child of the late 80s/early 90s something about the feel of this scent reminds me of my childhood. This to me combines little bits and pieces of all the different perfumes I associate with my youth. They all come beautifully together in a bottle called Bob Macke. I don't think my mother ever wore this particular perfume, but I like to pretend that she did when I inhale this deeply and think of her. Almost like having her with me still. For this reason I find this scent to be very comforting, invoking pleasant feelings from my childhood when everything seemed right with the world.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

No! No! No! or maybe. I hated this when I first sprayed it - it smelt like a bad cheap rip off of Opium (which I used to have but never loved). For over an hour all I could smell was cheap 80's oriental edt. I only bought it because it was compared to Tuscany Per Donna (disagree totally!). Finally, once it's settled it's a much nicer sweet oriental. That said, I think I've been over super oriental scents for a while now. Not sure if I'll keep it or pass it on.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

The opening on this is fruity, but there is a powdery, soapy note that throws it off for me. About midway through the dry-down I get hints of Coco (my favorite!), and then further in it settles into a soft, pleasant peaches and cream scent. Silage is good, longevity good also at several hours. Mackie isn't love for me, as it takes at least an hour for that powdery soapy note to settle. However, for $10 this is a great buy. Good for days when you don't want to waste your more expensive fragrances but still want to be noticed.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I mistakenly bought this for 8 bucks at TJMaxx thinking of Bill Blass. It is a VERY strong, 50's style exotica fragrance. Very similar to Gianfranco Ferre. Reminds me of the original Jordache, Oscar de la Renta, and possibly Valentino if I remember correctly. I smell cherries, honeysuckle, other tropical flowers and musk with sandalwood. I can see Dita Von Teese wearing this. Too much going on in this one.

Update: I just smelled Roberto Cavalli in the box and the smell reminded me of Mackie.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

I like this, but I don't know why. When I think about it, it's strongly peachy, almost cloyingly sweet, with a strong overlay of soap or hairspray. But smelling it on myself without stopping to deconstruct it, it's quite nice.

EDIT: The drydown is like peach sweet-tart candy with light cream to me. I was in the grocery store, and I was about to compliment a woman on how good she smelled, when she left and I realized that yummy "peaches and cream" smell was ME! My boyfriend smelled it on me many hours after application and said, "You smell really good, like the beach, when we went down to Gulf Shores." So, sweet soap,a whiff of hairspray, peaches and cream, and maybe a beach vacation...I think I'll be wearing this one a lot more.

drugstore classics

I can certainly see why some people love this fragrance and others hate it! So many notes that could go wrong, and a heady melange of fruits......

To be truthful, I don't smell each and every note distinctly here, and I seldom identify notes with ease. The aura is what interests me. Since I received this as a gift from a delightful fellow fragrantican, I just felt HAPPY to have Mackie to sniff. :)

The happiness continues! Mackie smells utterly fantastic on me ~ rich and floral, not dated. This is a very lovable scent on the right chemistry, and I am pleased to state that mine is Right! A friend tried this recently, and it was overwhelmingly sweet on her. She usually prefers the sweet orientals that I set aside, but Mackie almost did her in. I understand. This is a fragrance with quite a punch!

To be precise, the orange blossom and honeysuckle stand out most on me, with a lovely background of tuberose and something rather green and slightly bitter ( perhaps the narcissus? ). This touch of bitter green saves the day, keeping Mackie from becoming cloying OR boring. And the fruits blend so well with the florals, that I'm left with the impression of a cinnamon spiced, tropical bouquet. Not too sweet, not too soft. Perfect!!!!

If you love orange blossom and can tolerate tuberose, give Mackie a try ~ she's a BEAUTY.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I'm a little bummed about this scent. Based on the notes I should love this scent, but I don't. It just has one note in it that does not sit well with me. The only upside is that the dry down is decent. This will make a nice gift to someone.
Update- This scent, very honestly, is giving me the dry heaves. I think this is the 2nd frag in my life I would actually throw away. Ugggghhhh!

tourmali45
tourmali45

The most prominent notes I hear in Mackie are daffodil, peach, sandalwood and a distinctive smell of hairspray (I wonder why it's not included in the pyramid:). I have a bottle of Mackie bought a couple of years ago, so it's not a true vintage scent that I judge, but I loved Mackie out of my own bottle better when I wore it before. Maybe the weather was different, 'coz now I'm in the middle of a cold winter and it was summer or late fall the last time I wore Mackie, maybe something else, but I no longer love it, I just barely like it. What a disappointment. This time it smells on me like a too harsh, too annoyingly cloying without being lovely - just another loud 80s scent. I just wore Gloria Vanderbildt yesterday - approximately the same idea of a scent, and Gloria wins hands down. I'll give Mackie lots of chances though, as I remember how I loved it before...
UPD: Now I get it: on me Mackie works only when it's hot outside. No ugly hairspray in the beginning (it was delightfully replaced by a buckwheat note), dry flowers and a bit of fruit. It's not overpoweringly sweet, just the natural sweetness of flowers. And it's not a fruity scent on me as well - just the flowers and woody base. Like it again, yay!

Anywho
Anywho

I had my eyes on this one for quite some time but wasn't sure. In the end I gave in and I am glad I did! With the first spritz you are enveloped by rich fruits Senso-style accompanied (at first to my horror) by bubblegum and hairspray (and I should dislike it). Then enters a slightly spicy note a la Bijan (original) hinting at Red Door (now I should really dislike it) and instead of being the hideous concoction I expect it to be, all notes manage to perform a dance where every note sticks to its allotted spot and keeps the whole thing rolling nicely without tripping. I like Mackie - very much indeed. It has a unique character, quite some sex appeal and is thus more suitable for the mature amongst us. Probably one of those numbers you either love or hate. It has good sillage and excellent longevity and is not cloying in the current hot, subtropical climate I live in. Now I have to wait and see how Mackie performs in cooler weather.

Hollie

I've already given my review.......almost a year ago. I haven't worn it in several months though and have tested and purchased so many since. I have so many to choose from and this one sits down low on my "vintage" shelf ( it's not a vintage bottle but vintage in terms of when it was released originally) so it sometimes get's overlooked. I just had the urge today to wear it and.........OMG.......I forgot how much I love it. I think I love it more than I did before. It's so rich and soft and comforting. Today I could really smell the pineapple...more than I have before. It's not a fruity scent though. I think "Oriental Floral" is very fitting. It's spicy and so so soft and sweet.I'm sniffing my wrist every five seconds....no joke. I have a nearly full bottle but I saw a big, discounted one for $9 the other day at Ross.....I could kick myself for not buying it as a back up. For me, the longevity and sillage are great....my skin has a real problem with that with alot of scents. Sometimes I wonder if I smell too "mature" to other people when I wear this.....I guess I don't wonder enough to really care though.I think I already mentioned this....and others did too...but it does smell alot like Tuscany Per Donna but I like Mackie better, it's not as "sharp" or "bitter" and it's a bit softer. I think the fact that the weather is really cold right now might also be affecting my love for Mackie...in a good way. Part of me doesn't want to tell you all this good stuff.....it wants to be selfish and keep this stuff on the down low ;0)

jessigirl
jessigirl

I noticed this perfume in shoppers drug mart on sale, and I was always curious to try it. I finally purchased the 3.4 oz and I have to say this scent is amazing! On my skin I notice the Orange blossom and some fruity vanilla. It's really a gem. I think it appealed to me because it's an early 90'd scent and I feel like it suits me, even though I'm 24. I don't know, I just really like it.

cmoca
cmoca

The bottle design reminds me of Carlos Santana (a fragrance I love).

The juice is fragile and light (jasmine and pineapple).
It's gentle and endearing like a mother's hug.

The top notes seem to be just another office frag for me. However, I must say I absolutely love the ambery-woody finish.

Soft and beautiful.

(Edit: rather reminds me of Red Door by Eliz Arden, but this one is soft and pleasant, whereas Red Door I gave away for free :)

Anndr81451
Anndr81451

I don't know..I just purchased a huge bottle of this and I'm thinking it just is not the Mackie of old. I smell absolutely No spicy peach and raspberry ..just a jumble of smells that I cannot identify..maybe it's me, but I am so very disappointed

This is truly a hidden gem. This may have been popular at one time, but not a lot of people will recognize it these days. This smells warm and rich. Sweet amber and fruits mingle with spicy florals to make a perfect scent for fall. This one gets me more compliments than I would expect.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

This is powerful stuff! I really like it. Mackie reminds me most of Amarige from Givenchy. This is definitely a strong, sweet all year round fragrance. Also, the price is right 15.00 on Overstock for 3.4 oz. Since you only want to spray 4 times max, it should last awhile.

Happy Perfuming!

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

I wore this in the early nineties and remember it being a nice scent, but a little over sweet and strong for my current preference. Stronger scents I wore years ago now five me headaches.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

On my skin this resembles several 80's classics mostly a less mossy/green Ungaro Diva and Valentino Vendetta which I have long been trying to replace. It also has subtle hints of Escada Margaretha Ley, a Clove-less Spellbound, a honey/lily of the valley free Red Door and I can detect a bit of Jovan skin musk in here. When first sprayed I get a bit of raspberry but an hour or two later I get a peachy (but not syrupy or over-ripe) rum type of skin-scent. Loud when first sprayed but definitely calms down into a musky very hard to define fragrance slightly fruity but not sweet, oriental but balmy and somewhere I can smell spearmint. A very weirdly bi-polar fragrance - at first I thought it wasn't me and then every now and then I get delicious whiffs of it so for now I will keep it.

EDIT: this has grown on me and is a favourite. Gorgeous classy sweet but not overly so with the right amount of green and musk - if you share similar tastes as me (check out my faves) you will be very pleased with this.

Unfortunately even though I love this my partner hates it and everytime I wear it he complains about it's smell and how strong it is. I had the same with Tresor - I love it but it will have to be re-homed where it will be appreciated. I still love this nonetheless..

lmktacwa
lmktacwa

I happen to love Avon's Rare Gold. But I'm not getting the similarity. My problem with this one, is it is soapy. WHY oh WHY does that happen to me? Opium and Cinnabar do the same thing to me. I can't for the life of me figure out what note causes these perfumes to go soapy and thus become INTOLERABLE for me.

*sigh*, I was hoping to like this because my dog walker RAVES about it. I finally gave in and bought it blind just on her love of it.

Guess what my dog walker is getting for xmas this year? :D

PávelHenry

G
*-*

KSBelle
KSBelle

For some reason this smells like a lighter version of Ferre edp on my skin. It's not as complex as Ferre, or as strong (on me), but I like both for their similarities. In fact I like Mackie more. It was very inexpensive on-line (which is probably the only place it can be found). I like the unique bottle and geometric shapes. Neither seem dated or cheap to me, and oddly if it was more expensive would probably sell more. I get more compliments on this than other $200 perfumes. It lasts a long time on my skin, and is a nice light perfume for summer. By light I mean not overpowering. I'm not a fan of "skin-scents". If I spray it I want to smell it around me. Mackie definately floats in the air softly surrounding me for about 6-8 hours. Just when I think it's gone someone says "I love your perfume! What is that?!". Inexpensive doesn't mean cheap. In this case it means a good buy. Not my top 10, but certainly worth trying (if you have $10-$20 to spare). I've certainly made worse buys for a lot more. Sad they discontinued this. I would love to smell an edp of this fragrance (for those days I want to challenge the air-space for territorial rights over those big name "expensive" fragrances). It's always fun to see a long forgotten $20 perfume give a power-house perfume a run for its money.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is a beautiful floral. It is warm, spicy and a bit almost "green." It has excellent lasting power too. Perfect for Summer!!!! Love it!

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

I love Mackie. It is warm and sweet, with a little bit of powder, but not too much. It reminds me of boozy fruit, then a musky, ambery drydown. Kind of reminds me of Raffinee, Aviance Night Musk, Organza. Simply delicious.

sheridanellis

If you like Bob Mackie, may I HIGHLY recommend: Senso, Margaretha Ley by Escada, Rare Gold by Avon. These are all heavy, rich, floral, aldehydic and rich with a bubbling depth and silage that is unavoidable, in part (IMHO) due to neroli or orange flower. I love them all. It has a bit of an 80's vibe (strong, I am woman hear me roar, blah blah blah) but it is a refreshing change from the watered down candied celebrity scentsations of late.

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

To my nose, this is very light and fresh. I get a lot of floral notes, but no fruit, which I'm disappointed about. I was hoping for a richer, fruitier, sweeter scent. I do detect a bit of what another commenter downthread described as a wintergreen lifesaver-type smell, which I actually kind of enjoy. It's refreshing, and I could see this working in the Spring. This one has grown on me, and I find myself reaching for it more as it's getting warmer out. You can get this super cheap online, and the sillage and lasting power is great for an EDT. Not quite what I was hoping for after reading the rave reviews about this one online, but a decent blind buy none the less.

Scarlette
Scarlette

I have been purchasing this beauty since it came out, and still do. Very 80's in its silage and longevity, but is quite smooth. I smell a warm, orangey-amber soaked in spiced peaches and sweet pineapple.

I feel the thickness of vetiver & patchouli as well. Is quite patchouli dominated on my skin, similar in feel to Allure Sensuelle, but much fruitier....

My boy really likes this one...
Intoxicating & Rich.

Hollie

I have just recently discovered this lovely scent and there is something so incredibly comforting about it.Apparently it came out around the time I was in middle school. It does smell a bit dated but not in a negative way....more in that it smells classic,strong,rich and perfectly blended. In the first few seconds after application there's a slight,sweet bitterness with a touch of green (which reminds me of carnation but it's not listed) then it becomes so soft,sweet and creamy as it dries down into a slightly spicy, warm and creamy floral with just a hint of the softest, well rounded fruit. I have to say that the only notes that feel slightly dominant are the ylang ylang, tuber rose, narcissus and vetiver but it is so well blended that it is not piercing in any way but more creamy than anything else. To me, this isn't sexy or fresh but just comforting. A scent I want to cuddle with. Each time I wear it, I have more appreciation for it and there's something about the hefty feel of the prizm shaped bottle that I love and the box is a fun rainbow of colors too!
EDIT: P.S. I wanted to add that everytime I wear it I think of Spearmint...."think" mind you....not necessarily smell. Anyone else???

snooky21
snooky21

My ex got me this perfume cause it was his favourite. I tried over the years to wear it and like it. He was 9 years older. I never fell in love with the scent. Felt like it was too strong. Felt like it was something all the girls wore when he was in high school. Sorry if you love it. I tried.

CozyCat
CozyCat

I wear my Mackie with a sexy loose chignon piled behind my head, a black turtleneck top paired with my sleekest pencil skirt and my sharpest stilettos, it completes the look perfectly...this is one of the more affordable scents in my collection but also one of the classiest. To my nose, it's mostly a peach-tuberose scent with noticeable sour/citrusy nuances of orange blossom and a deep, dry sweetness from sandalwood. I like it more than most mainstream Chanels I've tried and Mackie is every bit as elegant a scent. It smells expensive with a sort of intellectual flair that is alluring, sensual and somewhat carefree rather than cold and biting. I'd very much recommend this if you're looking for a sophisticated scent that's affordable and has fantastic longevity and sillage. The fact that it is a fruity floral also makes it hard to dislike as well, so you know you won't offend others (as long as you don't overdo it, because it is quite strong). I must say, I especially enjoy Mackie in the colder months, a couple of spritzes on my coziest sweater, very comforting, so warm, so rich, so juicy....Truly a hidden gem.

rosso72
rosso72

I like Magie Noire, Fendi, Luciano Soprani Strass, Jose, but Mackie 100ml Edt is not mine fragrance, really was looking forward for my delivery and a little disappointed. Too sweet, not oriental for me and base notes are too weak for my sense of smell. Just ready to exchange...?

olga1780
olga1780

I would classify Mackie as a comforting scent.....very pleasant, moderately sweet, something I enjoy wearing in a relaxed home atmosphere. But it doesn't have enough personality to make any kind of statement......neither sexy, bold,nor cheery.....just cozy. A great scent to fall asleep with.
Great sillage and longevity...it becomes especially pretty after about 30-40 minutes of application.

crystalnd
crystalnd

Love it! It was the only perfume my beloved grandmother would wear. I can pick it out of a crowd full of strong scent. However... I can't wear it. It just makes me think of my grandmother so much it is painful. (she died over 10 years ago) The memories are still so strong. But I LOVE to smell it on others.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Nice, I would buy again. This is a goodie and cheaply priced. The fruity vanilla woodsy dry down and lasting power reminds me of these: Estee Tuscany per Donna, Il Bacio, Davidoff Good Life and Nicole Miller original signature.

Jellybean
Jellybean

floral and creamy, kind of strong at first, the lasting scent is amazing.

sheridanellis

I JUST got my Mackie in today, and have been anxiously awaiting for the 7-10 business days since I ordered it off line. As always, I worry about perfumes being rancid or having turned when you order from a site unsniffed or unseen, but this was a keeper.
I love to buy from Cosmetic Mall (online). They are great and have wonderful customer service.
Anyway, this perfume has wonderful staying power, silage galore, and my husband keeps coming up and nuzzling my neck and telling me how good I smell. (He doesn't do that with all of my perfumes...).
It reminds me a bit of Spellbound by Estee Lauder, and even a bit along the lines of Raffine (the old version) or Escada Margaretha Ley, or even the old Senso by Ungaro which I adore. I think it must be the narcissus flower coming out, which can often mimic (to my nose) carnation when it is intertwined with a lot of spice. I love this fragrance and will keep it in my scent wardrobe for some time to come!
This smells nothing like White Diamonds to me, and I just can not understand the comparison there. Just goes to show that every man's sniffer is different... :)
Cheers!

Angel10
Angel10

White Diamonds? Really?
I don't get any soap or stuffiness like I do from WD.
Mackie is a great sexual scent that my hubby always buys me! Love the peach & raspberry, slightly fruity without being foody. Just sensual.

Reminds me more of Ciara than White Diamonds. The patchouli and vetiver are verry smooth in this one, and very deep.

Good stuff....lasts verrrrry long.

peeachediva
peeachediva

Hmmm, I just got a 3.4 oz tester today. I haven't tested it on my skin, yet, because I have a scent on (Maja EDP)... Anyhow, I sprayed it on a tissue and it's an hour later, and HMMMM it smells like WHITE DIAMONDS.... I'll try it on my skin, maybe tomorrow, once I've scrubbed today's scent away. If it still smells like WHITE DIAMONDS on me, I might end up buying a bunch of empty roll on vials and see about trading it with people on this site, perhaps for something I'm really interested in trying. UNTIL then, fellow olfactory addicts, HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE.

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

Its a classic. Like fine wine , better and better as we age. A little strong on first pump but settles down to a wonderful floriental. I remember the first time I smelled it on a girl on the elevator. As she came on it was just heady and beautiful. I agree with others that it smells like a million bucks and cannot get over the price.

weegee
weegee

This is the only Mackie I have and while it's certainly affordable and nice enough (not offensive), I now find it utterly boring. Also a bit sour, as overripe peaches can be sometimes. The florals are all jumbled together - again, nice enough, but still...

I purchased it unsniffed when I was new here & gullible enough to buy without trying after reading a rave review by a member who later left in a major snit after removing all of her reviews.

I'd be really hesitant to buy another Mackie unsniffed. I actually use my tester bottle as my warm weather air freshener in my car... (in winter I use a Shalimar knock-off I got for $1.00!!)

If there's even one other fragrance on your wish list I'd advise you to skip Mackie and put the money aside for something else.

ShorTea
ShorTea

This is really nice for me, a great bargain deal. It smells very similar to Chloe on me, I don't get any pineapple or berry in the top notes, it seems to go right to the tuberose and amber at the end is so warm. Longevity is fantastic, 2 sprays lasts all night and feels great.

Sissi
Sissi

The opening starts off fruity with tangy
Pineapple and ripe raspberries then dries
in a few minutes to an to an Honeylike sweetness of Tuberose to dry off the tuberose is spicy orange blossom turns
deep with the note of Narcissus with it's
Intoxicating properties sharp semi masculine greenish note of jasmine slowly
steeping though the sweetish narcissus
dries with the velvet texture of Ylang Ylang and the powdery finish of rose

The base is a bit spicy with Vetiver
musk and amber if synthetic is a bit impressive and ends with dry sandalwood.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I must be tuned to a different radio station because all my skin is hearing is complaints.

The fruits in here are just not working for me. They are quite heavy and smell a bit rank.

As the perfume progresses it becomes more floral and powdery sweet but that rankness is still lurking underneath. It makes me feel very uneasy.

The omnipotent skin chemistry strikes again!

guest_Kay
guest_Kay

Are you kidding me??? Even you guys are raving about this perfume! "I've been lurking on this site for a while" and noticed you some of you guys gave bad reviews even for ESCADA. I've REAALLY got to try THIS one if most of you guys are saying this is great!!!

mymlan
mymlan

After reading all the positive comments from other fragranticans I was still surprised: Eventhough I expected something good, I'd never expected something this good: Fresh and sweet juicy fruits in the start like a mix of both Gucci Accenti and the lovley peachy beginning of Chanel N°5 edt. Then follows soft and sensual rose, tuberose and jasmine, all supported by gentle and slightly spicy basenotes.

On me, Mackie becomes a bright and mild floriental with a tiny mote of Poison and original Chloe dancing around in the middle. It is so easy to wear, has a good staying power and is totally breathtaking in all it's simplicity. So well worth buying considering the fair price. It's not a classy fragrance, rather a cuddly floriental that makes you feel both beautiful and comfortable.

edit: The bottle is kind of outdated and close to ugly. But trying Mackie is like kissing a frog - that instantly transforms itself into a beautiful (and sexy!) prince - who offers you a really big diamond ring and... happy ending :)

nyoka
nyoka

i sprayed,and outburst a mothwatering fruit salad.sweet,juicy.in the 2nd note,i was aware of lots of tuberose,wonderful jasmine.as the dry down came,i smelled a incense woody,musky end.more than worth the money.little as it is.out preforms more expensive ones

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

One of my top oriental!sensuality and sophisticated!woman frag and well made oriental.mwahrvellous!

rithacha
rithacha

Is it really ok to buy such good quality perfumes for such low prices? I somehow feel like the cheap priectag is a sacrilege to the divine potion inside. But how much more lucky for those who know about it, no?

Mackie is a gregarious oriental, perfect for those fearful of the overwhelming spices typically associated with oriental perfumes. On my skin, Mackie is mostly about fruits, with happy peach drunkenly leading the tune. The rose, vetiver, and other spices not listed compliment it adorably. I'd describe Mackie is the youthful signature scent of a funky 20-30 year old artist/dreamer who lives in the moment and doesn't take life too seriously. She would liberally apply this cheerful and spicy scent for a daytime of frolicking, before switching to more heavy-duty perfumes for a night of partying.

Mackie has decent staying power. I stop noticing the sillage, but people around me can smell it. I guess Mackie is a smell that doesn't like being ignored.

I can really easily compare Mackie to Gucci Accenti's spicy peach or to Coco Chanel spicy character, watered down and minus the animal notes and plus the fruit.

Highly recommend.

vioversilver
vioversilver

This is a juicy & exotic potion,the citruses, peach & raspberry are sweet & bright but in a natural way - as far as the florals go , rose & jasmine stand out , tuberose lends perfect creaminess to this perfume, the whole effect is splashy in a very good way.
The resins are in perfect harmony here, there's even some earthiness which I personaly gravitate to in scents , a perfect base for this rich aroma - this fragrance is ambrosia for the nose - it really is that divine in my opinion. A lovely perfume ,long lasting too! - a treasure that has the bonus of being very affordable.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

This one surprised me - I tried it because I expected it to be amusingly outrageously awful, like Cher in that huge black feather headdress - but the joke is on me because It's actually quite lovely!! The opening is strong but not the blast I was prepared for and moments later it mellows into a rich but pleasing scent - reminding me a little of Badgley Mischka in that 'fruits in brandy' phase. The drydown is amber/vanilla and very long-lasting. I hate to mention money,but at less than £10 for 100 ml, you could do a lot worse!!

Sassy1
Sassy1

I've read so many good reviews on this one amd I'm a big floriental fan, so I purchased it unsniffed.
It is a typical 80'/90's frag, right down to the orange color. It's in line with Red but smells almost exactly like White Diamonds with more fruit and no aldehydes. A very nice fruit and floral mix. Until the drydown...
The drydown is odd. I get wintergreen lifesavers. It's pleasant enough, but a little unusual and not all that feminine. So, even though I like the top and middle, the base kills this one for me. I'll finish the bottle, but probably won't repurchase.

mack
mack

Mackie IS and will ALWAYS be my fav scent!...

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

I really like this fragrance however the staying power just isn't there for me. The note combination is genius. It smells fantastic and my husband went wild for it but as stated it just doesn't last on me.

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

I love this perfume.This is MY perfume. About 12 years ago my daugter and I went shopping for my signature scent. We smelled so many perfumes and I gave up. As we were leaving the store I quickly sprayed this perfume on one of the sample cards. I forgot about it until we were almost home.As soon as I smelled it I knew it was my scent. We turned around and drove all the way back to that store to buy it.I have tried and worn other perfumes but this is by far my very favorite.

sharyssa
sharyssa

My new signature scent.I am so glad I bought this and a lady at the store kept telling me it was a good one and said she had received compliments and I basically ignored her suggestion and I finally bought it and wore it and smelled it ALL day! Lasting power is very good and that is how I like it! Mackie is such a nice fragrance and I highly reccomend. Although my sister hates it and says it is old fashioned I don't care I proudly display this one on my dresser and I have a lotion and a back up bottle! This my s*@*!

margierose
margierose

I love this fragrance. It's a fruity floral with the rose and jasmine coming through nicely. I also love the musk note in this. I have gone through about three bottles,it is that lovely to me.

Mackie by Bob Mackie 3.72 out of 5 based on 268 ratings and 78 user reviews

Mackie by Bob Mackie for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Mackie by Bob Mackie for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Mackie Perfume by Bob Mackie - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Mackie Perfume by Bob Mackie - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bob Mackie Mackie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bob Mackie Mackie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mackie by Bob Mackie. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mackie by Bob Mackie represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.