Designers » B » Floral Aquatic « Groups

sand
marine
salty
Beach Bobbi Brown for women Pictures

Beach captures the atmosphere and attitude of summer with a lightly intoxicating blend of sand jasmine, sea spray and mandarin. Available as 50 ml EDP. Beach was launched in 2009.

Jasmine Mandarin Orange Sea water Sand

Lolavie

Beach Fragrance Reviews

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

This perfume is pure sorcery. It smells exactly like surf and sand. I bet if you put your ear to the bottle, you can hear the ocean. Best blind buy ever.

sokoblonde8
sokoblonde8

I totally agree with purrz11. This was a blind buy for me as well. I read about it on sephora and ordered a roller ball Immediately. Instantly fell in love. It reminds me of an adult version of copper tone water babies sun screen which to me is the BEACH and summer!! Very nostalgic. I've never been to the ocean and to me the beach is the lake but it still screams summertime. I got a lot of compliments on it and I love the way it smells on me. My new favorite! Even though it reminds me of my favorite childhood sunscreen, I don't find this scent powdery at all, just very fresh which makes it even better. I just wish it would last a little longer.

miss mills
miss mills

I just tried this on today in my local dept store - it does smell just like the beach! Salty sea air, sand, I think I actually relaxed a little as I sniffed it, might need to order a sample vial for those days when I need a pick me up..

lolipophead
lolipophead

I just got back from a few days camping and the only fragrance I happened to have with me was Beach. Amidst all the chaos, I found myself chasing after a scent....someone smelt fabulous, and it was driving me crazy. I even sniffed the necks of people to discover who it was....you've guessed it....me!! Something happens to this scent when it is worn under your clothes, just lovely, a little piece of everyday magic.

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

I'm still on the fence with this because I just got the rollerball today.

I ordered it sight unsmelled from Sephora based on the notes listed.

I wanted more of the coppertone/suntan lotion aura,and while it IS in there,
there's something else that smells like a sharp weed on my skin.

Perhaps it's my chemistry,but this doesn't smell like the beach on me.

It's more like an old lady frag on me.

glambert
glambert

I sampled this today and I absolutely love this scent! The sand and sea water notes make it smell exactly like the beach! The Jasmine and Mandarin orange notes make it wearable for everyday, or as a comfort scent. I would wear this on casual days or on days when I feel down or sad. This is definitely a comfort scent for me because I grew up in Southeast Georgia and this reminds me of sunshine and happy days by the ocean.

OKcololo
OKcololo

Simply put, milky jasmine + marine notes. That might sound offputting but it's actually very pleasant and humorous, and lasts a long time. It's a lot like Vanilia, in the sense that it's cheerful, a bit vulgar, and goes perfectly with brash summer beach-parties. Unlike Vanilia though, it hasn't been discontinued and is not overpriced, hence I highly reccomend it!
4/5 - 9/10

heymoe9
heymoe9

Tried it yesterday against 2 other summer perfumes. It smelled great and lasted through a shower and until morning. It smells like sand, sun and the beach. Just what I wanted. This will be my next purchase.
There are those that ask why you want to spend this much on a perfume that smells like suntan lotion, but it is so much more. It is memories of the beach, hot dogs and fireworks, riding the surf and catching sand crabs. No amount of money can pay for memories and feelings of my youth.
Summer love bottled.

DandelionPicker
DandelionPicker

The beach...it a bottle. Smells a lot like suntan lotion. Love it on a hot summer day.

MLK
MLK

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter to purchase some makeup and decided to have a spray of Beach fragrance as I had heard so much about it. As I was paying for my makeup purchases, I just could not get over how light this fragrance was (reminding me of my days at the beach with Coppertone tanning oil all over me) - I bought a bottle on the spot and have been wearing it all week. It just lifts my spirits and makes me feel relaxed and happy. It is not overpowering and easy to wear to work and everyday. I think my next purchase will be Bobbi Brown's Almost Bare perfume.

Tovah

My husband says this is the most beautiful fragrance in the world. He absolutely loves Beach, and he cannot understand why I would ever want to wear anything else. Back when Amazing Grace first came out (long before the formula was changed) he loved that scent, and he wanted me to wear it all the time. He is a very consistent man. Amazing Grace used to be very similar to Beach...they are both clean, musky florals with a carefree, clean, beachy feel.

Contrary to the usual common fragrance fates, I think Beach has improved! I owned it a few years ago, and I enjoyed the "Coppertone" accord of my childhood, but I felt Beach smelled too much like suntan lotion.

The bottle of Beach I bought a few days ago smells much more of a real "perfume" than an edt mimicking a scent memory. The pikake note is fully present, and the musk seems much less metallic; higher quality. It's so lovely.

Musky4
Musky4

I tend to really like mandarin notes in perfumes, but couldn't detect any in this one. To my nose, this isn't a 'beachy' scent at all. There's nothing tropical or exotic about it. Something about it does remind me of that 'hotel' smell, but I don't find it very pleasant or summery. This would definitely give me a headache.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

This is sort of like a Coppertone "solifore"! :-P

The main note is of Coppertone, but on me, it also has a salty briny note mixed in, with a jasmine weaving in and out through everything. It feels simple, but PERFECT if a day at the beach in perfume form is what you're craving. It also lasts quite a while, unexpectedly, about 4 hours on me. I adore this.

Hellokt
Hellokt

It's Coppertone and Giorgio Beverly Hills (80's version), although a bit subtler.

The smell of Coppertone is one of my favorite smells so of course I love this. Although, if I can find the original Coppertone oil, I'd buy that and save money. :)

afartherroom
afartherroom

Not an exact copy of the smell of vintage Coppertone (for that, try CB I Hate Perfume's At the Beach 1966) but rather, Coppertone as seen (smelled?) through a hazy filter of nostalgia. The suntan lotion here has been cleaned up a bit, made more presentable, prettified. That high, nasal, chemical sunscreen edge is still in evidence, of course (after all, if it were entirely absent, then how would you even recognize this as suntan lotion?), but it's been toned way down, allowing the scent that the functional perfumers responsible for the smell of Coppertone were probably actually aiming for to come through more cleanly. And what scent is that, once you strip some of the chemical edge away? What's Coppertone, once it takes off its glasses and lets its hair down? Well, it's primarily jasmine and orange blossom, with a complementary citrus up top. Why, Miss Bain de Soleil! You're floral!

This is a simple scent, and those who tire easily of jasmine or who have a low tolerance for white florals in general may find it just a little bit cloying after a while. It's not entirely linear, though: after a few hours, the flat mineral smell of dry sand finally puts in an appearance -- I had thought that it wasn't going to show at all, but just when I'd given up on the 'sand' note, there it was! The other beachy scents the notes claim, however, elude me. I can't smell any salt water or sea breeze in here at all. That's okay, though: the suntan lotion associations are strong enough that my imagination can halfway fill them in for me anyway.

As beach nostalgia scents go, I far prefer the photorealism of At the Beach 1966, but this is certainly a cheerful summery fragrance, and I'm sure that it will bring a smile to many faces. Longevity is good -- this one can see you through an 8-hour workday -- and it stays politely close to the skin.

Sherihan
Sherihan

This wasn't launched in 2009, it was before that I'm sure. It's great scent,that kind of perfumes that will be a masterpiece in the history of perfume!! Yes, I loved it very much,it has a nostalgia with me. As I like to wear soft,clean, fresh perfume at night, I can do that with this. Last word, it's a twin sister to Paradise by Estée Lauder , but I like this more,as it is softer and cleaner.

leighhannah
leighhannah

2 hours into it, I can actually smell the sand! Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it is accurate.

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

Sun in the skin!!! Afternoon or early evening in the beach... sea,sun and mainly sand.

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Bobbi Brown's Beach was a "blind" purchase, but I have no regrets! It evokes a clean, tropical breeze of orange blossom with salty, classic Coppertone notes. Beach is a vacation in a bottle! Reminiscent of Yankee Candle's "Sun and Sand" fragrance. This eau de parfum is my new favorite; an instant mood lifter! Sillage is moderate and longevity is about 3 hours

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

I was looking for a perfume that would smell like Coppertone sunscreen which, to me, smells as a combination of coconut and tiare scents. I read the reviews and decided to try “Beach” by Bobbi Brown.

"Beach" by Bobbi Brown is a light and pleasant fragrance of weak longevity, sadly. It starts off as a quite artificial scent (which initially disappointed me) but it gradually builds up to a fresh, clean fragrance with a pleasant hint of jasmine and sea breeze.

It is a likeable, crisp, daytime, summer fragrance which smells nothing like Coppertone as it does not have that intense, sweet and warm coconut smell which is the Coppertone signature scent, it is pleasing nonetheless.

It just wasn’t what I was looking for.

I recommend “Beach” by Bobbi Brown if you are looking for a cheerful, congenial, breezy frangrance with a jasmine twist. It is not a signature frangrance that may hunt you forever (like the classic, recognizable fragrances like, Samsara by Guerlain or Tresor by Lancome etc) but it is pleasant to wear and I would definitely recommend it for younger girls as it feels carefree and youthful.

I would not recommend it however, if you (like myself) are searching for a warm, intense, sweet, creamy coconut scent.

Enjoy the perfume quest!

violethippy
violethippy

I was given this perfume out of the blue by my stepmother. I love new perfume's and admired Bobbi Brown's cosmetic line but had never tried her fragrances. I was very delighted. It is a fierce feminine fragrance. Very sexy. Deep and quite earthy on my skin. However, no notes of suntan lotion smell that everyone keeps comparing it to. More like an undertow of sunshine in a bottle.

aqua76239
aqua76239

This doesn't smell like sunscreen at all, sorry. I live in tropics and wear sunscreen year around although I prefer Hawaiian Tropics because it smells better than some of the other. However BB Beach doesn't bring that smell to mind at all-it smells like clean salty water with fresh flowers floating on it. Not my thing but if you want to smell like ocean water and sand, with some detergent(but not sunscreen), this one is for you
P.S. Review by Bandit is right on-I am European and I totally agree with what she is saying.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Beach is a breezy summer fragrance reminiscent of a relaxing day in the sun. It smells of warm sand, Coppertone sunscreen, and fresh jasmine flowers. The Coppertone scent certainly dominates in the opening notes, mellowing out once the fragrance has been on my skin a while. The sunscreen vibe always remains present, providing a warm-skin backdrop for the other notes. The jasmine is quite strong as well, becoming a hint grapey in the mid-notes. By the drydown, I mostly get the scent of sun-warmed skin and sand, with the soft aroma of delicate jasmine flowers carried on the ocean breeze.

This is one of very few "beachy" fragrances that manages to evoke the beach without smelling like coconut or sweet tropical fruits. While I do enjoy the scent of coconut, Bobbi Brown's fragrance recalls the beach with the realistic scents of sand, ocean breeze and flowers instead. There is a degree of oceanic freshness in this fragrance, but it doesn't smell salty to me. There are also none of those overbearing "fresh" chemical accords that are often characteristic of aquatic fragrances. This projects nicely in the first few hours, and the lasting power is quite good for me as well. I enjoy this fragrance a lot.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

Coppertone. Very strong coppertone. Not necessarily a bad thing. Once again it evokes an emotional response of long, hot school summer holidays, bicycle rides, crab apples, damson stained clothes and faces, and your mum, taking five in the garden, slopping the coppertone on from the distinctive copper coloured plastic bottle. It makes me think of mum. It fills me with nostalgia for more innocent and exciting times. It makes me 16, finding out that fake tan on my legs works better than tights with a gypsy skirt and petticoat, with a motorcycle jacket slung over my Boho shoulder. When I need to remember my mother's smile, I will spray a bit of this into the rays of the sun coming in through the window and run through the atoms. I'll saunter up to the motorcycle showroom to smell the petrol and stroke the chrome, re-appraise the middle aged bald guys with goatees who used to be young, wild, slender, long of hair Jim Morrison types with Levi's and 'tude. Bittersweet fragrance. A sign of the times.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

I was skeptical of the reviews here and skin tested.

No actual beach, just straight-forward Coppertone. They're 100% right.

"Beach" lasted almost 7 hours on me.

MarillaV
MarillaV

A very straightforward perfume that knows what it is. This is for all of us who hung out at the beach, slathered in Coppertone. It is salty, sandy, and full of jasmine. Great for days when you are at the beach or wish you were. One sniff can instantly improve my mood. Definitely takes me back to lazy days spent without a care in the world.

Gingersnpr

I have wavered with two samples this and CB I hate perfume at the beach. Trying to decide which to purchase for the long haul;) I chose Bobbi brown and the longevity is so much better than I expected! The scents are so close that I am sure either way is a win but BB is cheaper and it's amazing. If you don't like suntan lotion smell though, you won't like this. I am a huge coppertone fan and this hits the spot!!!!!!!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

This is my new best friend, happy, sunny and beachy, beautiful and long lasting, smells like body that was sun lotioned and soaked in the ocean. This came as a swap all the way from Norway. Thanks new swap fried pinky7.

tiger1962
tiger1962

This is another favorite of mine. Perfect for the summer or anytime you want to be reminded of your childhood when your mom put Coppertone all over you so you would not burn. It reminds me of the beach, vacation, all good things and it lasts too. I bought the lotion and the perfume and layering them makes it last even more. Smells just like you think the sand, sun and ocean would.

laurenchanel
laurenchanel

i really like wearing bobbi brown beach during summer months. i've been wearing it for years. it will always bring memories at the beach hanging out with friends. great daytime fragrance for the hot months. the bbobbi brown beach oil is really nice when you get out of the shower to put on for your skin.

surfergirlpuppy
surfergirlpuppy

Smells like salty beaches & how Coppertone suntan lotion used to smell. Reminds me of sun-shiney days on a beach in Florida. I love it.This is one of those great memory producing scents. I never want to be without it.
I also want to try some beachy scents that remind Europeans of their beach days. Please message me your favorites so I may add them to my scent rotation.

prettyswag
prettyswag

just got this for summer...my go to scent after the gym! summer , sand , beach..and my muscular arms!

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

This scent brings me right back to the carefree days of summer; before life was complicated; simpler times and happy fond memories. I grew up on the beach and often wore Coppertone, or sometimes Hawaiian Tropic (still looking for the perfume version of that one!!)

Bobbi Brown Beach is the perfume version of Lenny Kravitz' song "California". It smells exactly like Coppertone, but I can wear it without the greasy residue of sunblock.

These days when summer is here, I put the convertible top down, blast some Lenny, wear my sexy sunglasses and beachy sundresses and a spritz of beach (with a layering of Manoi moisture melt or BBW coconut lime breeze lotion) and it's another perfect sunny day in L.A!! Bravo Bobbi Brown and thanks for the happy happy memories.

RGR
RGR

I was reluctant to write a review of Bobbi Brown Beach perfume. It is a perfume that brings back so many fond memories I cant even put into words. I didn't want to exaggerate anything because I know I will sound crazy but all I can say is I Love Love LOVE this stuff! And just letting you guys know I can't dissect this fragrance like I usually do because I just can't. So here's my opinion on Beach perfume>

It was winter time the first time I smelled this. Right in the middle of sweaters and scarves I was reminded of a little, 6 year old, wide-eyed me being slathered by my mom in suntan lotion. I remember skipping gladly into the sun. My little feet sinking into the hot sand and dwelling for hours on the shore looking for colorful seashells, stones, pebbles. Those days are now gone and never coming back. I had to grow up to learn this.

Anyways, I always enjoyed the beach. I also remember my swimsuit getting filled with sand and being taken away from the beach kicking and screaming just as the sun went down. My mother always looking in my direction through 70's style sunglasses. Now I know she was watching over me. But back then I was a tiny and oblivious child. This makes me smile and remember how careless those days were.

All of this because of a little jasmine and sand scent I encountered while shopping in a department store. Its not complicated, I am just another victim of nostalgia. I'm not going to point out notes in this fragrance. It's seems useless at this point because now I am a young woman that worries about everything else in life. Smelling this perfume makes me remember about NOT worrying and enjoying the moment. This is just price-less to me. I can't bring back the places, the people, the time and the little wonders of those moments. All I have left is what I can remember. Bobbi Brown made me remember all of this.

Now I bet people wear this perfume in the spring or summer. I like to wear it under sweaters in the dead of winter, when I feel a little homesick, when I feel nostalgic, when I want to go against every other winter fragrance out there, when I feel like I need a dose of sun and sand, when I need warmth in the cold. I will always have this even if people think this is expensive. I do not care what other people think. All I know is I enjoy every bit of this.

Bandit
Bandit

I wouldn't believe it, although the Perfume Shrine told me so (I should have known better than to doubt her):

There is a big cultural gap between Europe and US when it comes to beach fumes. For us Europeans it is ambre, coconut and ylang ylang (mostly Ambre Solaire, but also those good old fashioned coconut oils without sunblock at all, lol, times change), for Americans it is "coppertone".

Coppertone for me has nothing to do with beach, I mean nada, zero, nothing, überhaupt gar nicht. It smells like a generic jasmin-orange blossom combo, which I smelled before, but never liked a bit. Soapy, chemical and very unpleasant. I cannot stand this smell. Actually it reminds me of detergents cleaning ladies used in Spain in the eighties, so I get some holiday memories, but not the right ones.

This is a pity, as I wished for an experience like the US perfumistas have while sniffing "Beach", CB's Beach scent and the others, in which coppertone is mixed in. I am soooo jealous!

I want that, too! Gimme an Ambre Solaire or Delial fume!!!

;)

agiuliano87
agiuliano87

smells just like sunblock. If anyone likes yankee candles its pretty much identical to the sun&sand scent. Im in love with it so far :)

Nadia31
Nadia31

Beautiful Hawaiian tropic scent, totally 1980s on the beach! Marvellous!

Gingersnpr

I just got my sample today. I have Jennifer aniston parfume and I am waiting for my sample of CB I hate the beach. Anyway, hand shown so far Jennifer wins on the "beach" scents. Bobbi browns smells like walmarts sunblock spray(which I don't mind seeing I love beach smell) but jennifer has captured something a tad sweeter,less chemically. Less coppertone. But I know that if I had a bottle of this for like 15 bucks I'd wear it. Lol. Just not for the price tag it sells for. Also this would be perfect paired with Victorias secret beach lotion.

Yamba1
Yamba1

Bobbi Brown Beach is an ode to coppertone and sun filled days on the beach. I've had my share of such days, drenched in coppertone, taking lazy dips in the ocean before settling into more sun bathing so this scent has taken me back to those days immediately. (Oh the guilt! I now have to check my moles monthly to detect skin cancer). Anyway, for some reason, it *just* misses the mark to nail it completely. Upon opening, there is a definite citrus note that soon gives way to an overly sweet note (jasmine?) that is definitely present in the coppertone lotion, but what it lacks is enough saltiness in my opinion to call it completely authentic. This sweetness dominates the perfume for the first 30 mins or so, then it starts to fade quickly into barely a skin scent.

It is very similar to CB I Hate Perfume At The Beach 1966 which in my opinion is a better coppertone/beach interpretation due to the more dominant salty note.

Mons
Mons

I really like this fragrance, clean and fresh - but not in the aquatic manner.
It reminds me of the air by the ocean in the morning, before the crowds swarm the beach. It is a very feminine and comforting scent, however, it does not last very long and one must lean in to catch the scent because it isn't very strong. This does have its advantages, naturally, but I do need a little more umph from a scent. I'm on my third bottle of beach, I won't lie-- I go very heavy handed with this. It mixes very nicely with Balmain's Ivorie.

freddinos
freddinos

Being a Mediterranean girl and having spent my summers in the greek islands in the 80s and 90s I have to say that this perfume doesn't smell like the beach I used to know:( I'm still looking for something to bring me that memory. I still like it though and have purchased it twice, and think about getting it again. I also found that the new version (square bottle) smells less like jasmine, which was quite overpowering in the previous bottle version. It still smells mostly like jasmine (more than anything else to me) and I almost don't get the sand or sea smell unfortunately:( Also I noticed that whe I wear it in the summer it smells better, as compared to wearing it on a winter cold and windy day (bug spray resemplance) Maybe I should try I hate perfume's beach version and see if I have more luck there!

seneca
seneca

One of my favorite summer scents - warm, thick, hot yellow sand - reminds me of Miami - South Miami Beach to be exact. Love this juice. Can't wait until I can afford some more.

This is 'Beach' in a Bottle. Nothing cold or Marine, nor even oceanic about it. If you love the beach you will really like this :))

Surprisingly, Bobbi Brown's Beach does actually smell like a day at the beach. To my nose, it's the scent of sunscreen, wet sand and salt air.

A floral aquatic is just about spot-on when describing this fragrance. The jasmine accord is fairly dominate in Beach, particularly in the opening. When the scent first hits the skin, you could be forgiven for thinking that Beach was a light and airy white floral.

The sand accord in Beach is not unlike Dior's Dune for Women. I like both of these fragrances, and much prefer them over and above other beach related scents, ones that resemble the synthetic smell of suntan lotion and cheap, fake tans.

The drydown does have the tendency to smell a little bit like sunscreen, however to my trained nose, I realise that it's only the scent of creamy jasmine blending with the warm sand.

I've only recently moved to a suburb close to the beach, and since Summer is not far away, I'm eager to test Bobbi Brown's Beach in the surroundings that it was intended for. Many reviewers are saying that Beach smells a lot like Coppertone Suntan Lotion. I'm an Australian, so I'm not familiar with that product.

The sillage is fairly soft, however I found the lasting strength reasonably impressive. It lasted a good four hours on my skin. I recommend.

aristouka
aristouka

Yeah,yeah! Coppertone suntan oil in perfume!!!
Why not!? I love to smell like i have just come back from a lovely day at the beach,and sun has been captured in my skin leaving me warm and happy,smelling like my suntan oil but clean just out of the shower and not feeling itchy from the salt on my skin after swimming!!!...that's BEACH for me!
(i will add and the appropriate song for this perfume if i am allowed... TEXAS-Summer Son)
For those who looooove summer and those who looooove Coppertone!
It lasts......and lasts...

Majesty
Majesty

A very realistic 'sandy' scent,just sand and sea water on my skin. It reminded me of Bourjois Shower Gel Sable Blanc!It doesn't remind me of suntan lotion,it's not sweet or cloying,it smells like warm sand and sea waves!There's a whole line behind this perfume,body lotion,shower gel and body scrub,which accompanies Bobbi's Beach. Warm salty skin and hot sun,that's Bobbi's Beach perfume. Great longevity!!!

NikkiChantel
NikkiChantel

I am really wanting a bottle of this, and if anyone has one they do not want, I would be willing to trade, providing I have what you want to trade for. This scent really and truly reminds me of the old Coppertone suntan lotion. Brings back many memories.

sofababe
sofababe

This smells nothing like the beaches where I live, on the North Sea coast of England, where the sea is a suspicious shade of browny-grey and no-one sets foot on the beach due to the lack of sand and over abundance of stones and litter.
BUT.....it does smell like a tropical, white sand, clear water holiday type beach. Thank Goodness.
I never really noticed that sand had a smell, but this fragrance definitely reminds of a hot sand, the kind that you can't walk barefoot on as its so hot from the tropical sun. Its salty, sharp and I really like it very much. it was a blind buy (I really should stop doing that!) but a very successful one. Summer is finally looking like its arrived in England and "Beach" is perfect for tricking the mind that I'm in a much nicer place than I am in reality.

katemcq
katemcq

This is not a typical perfume. My positive reaction to it is because I love being reminded of the beach. It's taking advantage of my memories to fool me into thinking it's a good perfume.... or maybe it is a good perfume? It is impossible to know for sure.

The scent itself is extremely synthetic which, granted, much sunscreen is. It's a bit strong on the salty and chemical notes, but the overall effect isn't unpleasant.

It's what I'd consider a great novelty perfume and great for when you need a change from the day to day.

misscareyann
misscareyann

First of all, I love how this smells like sunscreen. But there is a slight kick to it. There is a very slight citrus floral in the beginning, then it dries to a warm jasminey sand. It is gorgeous. I cannot wait to spend a hot day outside, wearing this fragrance. It dries down very close to the skin, and I'm hoping that the hot weather will boost the sillage a bit. 'Beach' really does carry out it's namesake. Double thumbs up for me!

lalaland
lalaland

I do like this scent, but i find that it can easily smell like sunscreeen to me. I do like it, though...

Aspendina
Aspendina

whoa! holy moly this might be the best beach scent ever, VERY nice and VERY true beach scent. I maybe be adding this to my wish list.

karlee79
karlee79

One word for this awesomeness and it is " coppertone"!!!!!

dkny27
dkny27

Went with the body oil on this one.... Compared to the EDP the body oil is richer, not to mention moisturizing, and the texture is reminiscent of the original application of the scent, which was "apply while on a warm sunny beach"! This is sand and sun and beachy goodness. There's no other way to translate. I can't imagine wearing this for anything other than warm, sun kissed days of summer....

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

I bought it today and i love it!!summer in a bottle

SarahSk
SarahSk

I have to agree with those who say, "Coppertone!!!" I am a child of the 70's and 80's and remember the scent very well, having been a regular at our local pool. It has a salty/briny undertone that is subtle enough to be refreshing, and some floral notes (I don't recognize different florals very well; I know what I like but can't elaborate on it). I find the scent nostalgic, essential summer in a bottle, free and warm, definitely not to be worn in any other season because it is SO summery. It would smell out of place in any other season, so since I have other fragrances, why fight it?

Jellybean
Jellybean

This does NOT smell like a beach at all, but rather like wallpaint/cleaner/floral mixup.
The initial impression is waaaaay toooo much!

It slightly mellows to strong jasmin and floor cleaner scent. Utter disaster. Good thing I only purchased a tiny tester.

Coppertone spf lotions from 80's and 90's smell whole lot better than this weird thing called Beach?

If you like this and want a much cheaper version try Suntan by Demeter, it's an exact copy of each other.

SS79
SS79

WOW! Found this today in the mall.. and well it smells IDENTICLE to Jennifer Aniston's perfume! (which I already own) I cannot belive it! So if you can' tfind this or its too expensive I would go for JA.

MaiCecile
MaiCecile

This smelled almost bitter to me, nothing like the loveliness of Jennifer Anniston's beachy scent, or the wonderful memories of Coppertone. Is it possible the tester bottle had gone off? I will have to try it again another time...

rikkistein
rikkistein

loved the scent in the bottle. definitely a trip back to childhood on happy beach days...but can't wear it without getting a headache. the jasmine just does me in.. so i take a sniff of the bottle, now and then, when i want a little nostalgia. definitely vintage coppertone.

purrz11
purrz11

Got my blind buy bottle of this today. It smells exactly like Coppertone sunscreen. This is nice for when you're feeling nostalgic about childhood days at the beach, mom rubbing you down with sunscreen. A nice casual scent. I'd say it has medium sillage and longevity. It's nice. I might try layering it with coconut lotion for a little different kick.

edit: I went ahead and layered on some Aruba Coconut lotion by Bath & Body Works...it is a divine concoction!

Tovah

To me (and many others) this smells like Coppertone circa 1974. Happy childhood memories! Beach is a warm, sunny scent that smells deliberately artificial. I think it's an actual attempt to smell just like vintage Coppertone, not "beach flowers" or something like that. We used to call sunscreen "suntan lotion" back then. I usually opted for baby oil, to get the darkest tan of all. My how things have changed! It's wonderful to be reminded of carefree days. Beach also reminds me a bit of Bond No. 9 Fire Island, but Beach is better. I wish it was longer-lasting, but it's not too bad. This is great for overcoming seasonal "blues".

Windy
Windy

Coppertone! To my nose this was a perfect replication of the famed suntan lotion.

carmon.hodges
carmon.hodges

BEACH IS CRAZY GOOD!!!! LOVE IT:) easy to wear, makes me happy!

derkargy
derkargy

Perfect frag,brings me happy memories while I was been sunbathing covered with Coppertone suntan oil.

Repogirl
Repogirl

I love this scent. At first, it smells very flowery and synthetic. But the drydown is addictive, it's like a memory to me of summers past on our lake. Unfortunely, Beach does not last long on me.

CB I hate Perfume "At the Beach 1966" is another coppertone smelling scent. The water perfume does not last long on me either but the absolute lasts a bit longer.

augusta
augusta

Beach is a rip off of Coppertone suntan lotion.

pipi1
pipi1

for me was a headache in a bottle .Tooo strong jasmine and made me sick.But if it suits you you are lucky,because is good perfume and long lasting

Beach by Bobbi Brown 3.84 out of 5 based on 235 ratings and 67 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bobbi Brown Beach fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bobbi Brown Beach, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Beach by Bobbi Brown. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Beach by Bobbi Brown represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.