Designers » B » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Agrumi Amari di Sicilia Bois 1920 for women and men

Agrumi Amari di Sicilia Bois 1920 for women and men
dislike

Agrumi Amari di Sicilia Bois 1920 for women and men Pictures Agrumi Amari di Sicilia Bois 1920 for women and men Pictures

Agrumi Amari di Sicilia by Bois 1920 is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Enzo Galardi. Top notes are grapefruit, orange, lemon, mandarin orange, petitgrain and caraway; middle notes are jasmine, patchouli, lime, lavender, black currant and sandalwood; base note is musk.

Grapefruit Orange Lemon Mandarin Orange Petitgrain Caraway

Jasmine Patchouli Lime Lavender Black Currant Sandalwood

Musk

Agrumi Amari di Sicilia Fragrance Reviews

VITO79
VITO79

This is a very good scent! Refreshing and elegant.

lilalina
lilalina

This citrus has too much of a cleaning-citrus vibe imo.. Grapefruit and lime are prominent, the musk makes it kind of dull opposed to fresh or vibrant.

cytherian
cytherian

Bois 1920 has an interesting array of fragrances, but not very many "winners". I don't see anything that truly stands out. My first exposure was Extreme. It's very similar to Davidoff Zino, almost enough to make Extreme redundant. Then in my next blind buy spree, I finally decided on Agrumi.

This is VERY nice, as so many have pointed out. A truly summery kind of fragrance, reminiscent of the fragrant Italian countryside with herbs and flowers in full bloom. The quality is undeniable, and certainly one could see this coming from the house of Acqua di Parma.

Agrumi has its own signature. I don't know if it's the prominent petitgrain paired up with black currant and citruses, garnished with traditional lavender and jasmine, that makes it distinctive. Alas, it is a bit fleeting as is typical of citrus predominant fragrances. But, I don't think that is a stark negative. If a citrus fragrance would have bold longevity, I imagine it would have a thickness that makes it cloying in hot weather. You can't really have both. I'm happy to re-apply later in the day.

Vahagn
Vahagn

Summer, warm sun, the breeze and good mood- that's my associations with this perfume.
There are a lot of fun, not sharp citruses and jasmine in this perfume. Lavender flavor gives a velvety shade and currants- piquant sweetness to this perfume. I hear a tender musk near to the base.
Agrumi Amari di Sicilia is positive, cheerful, fragrance for the summer. it's gentle, but very simply, even resembles something from the mass market. Sillage and longevity are about mediocre.

peter.aitch
peter.aitch

fantastic dirty citrus. summery, yes, but with backbone. definitely a masculine on me,

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This is a lovely spring and summer scent. It is certainly unisex, though I feel it leans a bit to the feminine due to the strong floral presence. That said, this fragrance is a nice blending of citrus and flowers to create a very fresh and unique take on the genre. This fragrance would fit right into Creed's collection for example. As I continue to explore Bois 1920's excellent lineup, I find that this might be my favorite scent of my 20ml exploration pack. I think my 20 ml will last for years though as the floral sweetness keeps me from using it as often as I would like. I have even worn it to work, so I wouldn't say that it is a difficult wear, just slightly effiminate for my taste. I add a spritz of Jo Malone Grapefruit on top to boost the citrus sometimes and find that to be nice as well.

My Score: 8 due to it being a bit too sweet, but it smells incredible to me.

zaetown

Ive been only reading the notes on this one so far and some of the reviews alone are compelling enough to pull the trigger on a blind buy with this stuff for this summer. Its gets pretty hot here and ive been searching for that refreshing summer day scent that makes me feel refreshed and last through most of the day. Soooo wat do think my fellow frag heads, fb worthy?

Karenin
Karenin

Citrus-based scents are a tough act to pull off. First of all, fragrances belonging to this category are particularly prone to falling into the “been there/done that” trap. Next, longevity is a big issue since it is very often the case that they provide their wearers with only a brief moment of olfactory pleasure. This leads to a dilemma we, perfumistas, have to face: why on earth are we supposed to invest considerable amounts of hard-earned cash into such short-lived fragrances requiring endless reapplications? All of this occurred to me while I was testing a bunch of samples of citrusy perfumes. Most of them were okay, some of them even memorable, but the one that stood out above the rest was “Agrumi Amari di Sicilia” by the Italian niche brand Bois 1920.

To put it simply, “Agrumi Amari di Sicilia” is an olfactory celebration of summer. Composed by Enzo Galardi, it exudes an air of effortless (Italian, perhaps?) elegance. I find the structure of the fragrance relatively simple but definitely not flat or dull. “Agrumi” starts off with a mouth-watering mix of bitter citrus fruit: lime, grapefruit and lemon. This is my favourite stage as the citruses have a refreshing as well as uplifting effect on me. They are later joined a black currant note which sustains the fruity nature of the scent. A slight herbal undertone is provided by petitgrain and the whole composition rests on a soft, musky base.

“Agrumi” is by no means revolutionary. Nonetheless, it´s a delightful composition, likely to appeal to those who prefer their summer cologne to be both uncomplicated and elegant. For a summer scent, its sillage and longevity are decent, which does not mean, of course, a few reapplications will not be necessary. If you´re looking for a fragrance that will manage to put you in the right mood for the summer, “Agrumi Amari di Sicilia” is a strong contender.

profumi73
profumi73

Sweet scent...summer in bottle.
I would want to buy a bottle if you have it contact me.

ManliAnoen
ManliAnoen

It was late August, I was visiting Siena, walking through its narrow streets with my boyfriend in a fresh summer afternoon, while a light rain was picking up from the wet ground all these evocative and rich scents of a Italian ancient city that only who loves Italy can understand: wet ancient marbles, smell of the trees, the spices, the food, the magic... So we were jumping from a store window to another trying to avoid to get too wet, when we saw this tiny ancient perfume shop close to Piazza Campo, a typical place where you can only find treasures.
So we get into the shop attracted by the new Villoresi's Mare Nostrum displayed on the window, but since it was already sold out (they don't keep too much products since they're a small business) the knowing salesman of the shop selected few other juices to make us try: nasomatto, laboratorio olfattivo, villoresi... One better than another, but anything so incisive to push me to make a instinct buy. At last he made me try this Bois 1920, a single last spray on my wrist, without any presentation but just according to my tastes I told him, as a gift he left me before I left the shop without buying anything for my indecision.
The magic comes: as I put my feet out of the shop and I gave a sniff to my wrist, I had to close my eyes and enjoy a rapture that only certain emotions can give you.
This stunning and absolutly beautiful Bois (yes, it was Agrumi Amari di Sicilia) made me go back in my memory, precisly in a hot and golden lighted afternoon walking through the secret garden of Giardino degli Aranci in Rome, surrounded by the charming colors of the Ethernal City, admiring a breathtaking landscape on the panoramic terrace caressed by the breeze, where the air around you is full of an orchestra of citrus and orange flowers' perfume, giving you a deep feeling of joy, that taste of mediterranean summer that make you smile, and make you want to fall in love for the first time again.
So you can understand what make me turn back on my own steps and walk in the perfume shop again, where that young salesman was smiling on me, as he knew that I would have come back for this bottle of italian summer paradise in every sense.
He even made me a great price since it was the last precious bottle he had, so I went out of the the shop smiling as something fabulous just happened but not sure of what, a hint of love I suppose.
As soon as we got back in the streets, we were drawn into the festive crowd celebrating the victory of the Palio of Siena occurred two days ago, so now with this new beautiful tresure in my company, the magic journey continues...

This Fragrance is sweet, sour, woody, fresh, flowy and fruity at the perfect balance. Make you mouth-watering as only you can do when you're peeling a fresh sicilian orange or squeezing a just picked bergamot orange. Because of the my affection related to this perfume, I can't use it without feeling in love.

Roge'
Roge'

There are certain qualities that i look for in a summer scent. I need glee, give me mirth, give me vibrance. Does it have the ability to turn my normal day into a weekend? Those are qualities that matter to me. Bois succeeds in doing so. You really can't go wrong with this. Well actually, let me take that back...The only way that you could go wrong is if you aren't easy on the trigger. The petitgrain in conjunction with the lavender can become very cloying especially if you spray too much. This aromatic scent will surprise you because it has the longevity of a cooler weather scent. Once it dries down, Agrumi rides off into the sunset leaving you with a clean base of sandy musk. A perfect way to end any summer night.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Summer in a bottle . yes .. for shure ;)
This is so bright citrusy and wonderfull . This i easely can see work just as well for femals as for mails .. just refreshing and warm at the same time.
Its like drinking lemonade a tad sour in the sunny garden whit lavender close by and the smell off summer and flowers all around . I cant say i detect the blackcurrant to much. there is a spicy feal to it but not enough that i can tell them apart on my skin , just a warm fealing. The petitgran is promenent as a green citrusy delight . I normaly dont like this so much in perfumes but in this its a beauty
Easy to wear . long lasting , but not a enormas sillage . just right IMO

Bois 1920 AGRUMI AMARI certainly is a bitter fragrance, as one would guess from the name. Essentially, this is a citrus cologne, but it also has a galbanum-like twanginess which reminds me of some chypres, perhaps in part also because of the patchouli.

I believe that this is the first time I've perceived black currant as having what some refer to as a "cat urine" facet, which certainly adds some extra complexity. I do detect the black currant as black currant, but this composition also has just an edge of urinesque dirtiness to it, making it initially refreshing but then just a tad bit disturbing.

I am grateful to PBullFriend for providing me with the opportunity to experience this distinctive take on the citrus cologne. Unique!

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

Just on reading the notes alone, I want to be an owner of this fragrance. The price is scaring me away. Three or four utility bills can be paid for the cost of Agrumi Amari di Sicilia.

Thank you, PITBULL FRIEND, for the lovely 10ml decant of this GORGEOUS scent from TPC!

When I opened my swap package of a few months ago, I knew there would be "surprises" in there, but I NEVER expected anything like this. Argumi Armari...what?!? (I found out that means "Amari citrus from Sicily", BTW!)This is, perhaps, the TRUEST citrus perfume I have EVER sniffed.

WOW! What a scent...truly Mediterranean and amazingly elegant and simple, but no less beautiful! Fresh citruses garnished with green leaves and a just a bit of warm spiciness. Though I am in the US right now...I FEEL, after sniffing AAdS, I am sitting on some patio somehwere in the Italian hills and overlooking groves of fresh fruits and smelling warm and balmy breezes blowing gently around me. The citricity is amazingly balanced and well-blended. Grapefruit, maybe more so than orange or lemon, takes the lead but is not in this alone. I am not only smelling the flesh of these lovely summery fruits, I smell their rinds and the actual zest, too! The citrus in the heart is much more tart, but neither too bitter nor overly sour. Currants add a dark sweet-tartness to it as well. The words "clean" and "green" come to mind, with nuances of soft warmed blossoms and ancient sun-dappled trees and rich fertile earth. God, what a beautiful creation this is! The base has MUSK as the only listed note and, if there is any here, it is the sheerest most sexy skin musk there is, like the clean saltiness of warm skin. This is the first BOIS 1920 scent I have ever smelled and immediately I fell in love; this is like a summer abroad (with all its beauty, wonder and romance) in a plain glass bottle.

Sillage: above average
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4.75/5

I love how this company makes all their bottles (for the most bart) the same, and let the JUICE do the talking! A must have for the serious mediterranean citrus lover...and the quality of the raw materials in this perfume is very high and the blending is nigh on divine! Though it could be (I guess) considered somewhat LINEAR in its development, there are subtle changes here and there but the beauty of this is not in its complexity, as much as in its down to earth richness and "au naturelle" appeal!

Grazie, Bois 1920...GRAZIE!!

Sissi
Sissi

With a burst of Orange; Lemon; and suger
make this A Delectable Scent.
Like driving though Orange and Lemon
Vineyards with the summer sun & Wind
Blowing though your hair with your cotten white dress with Blue flower prints.
you see little children picking Oranges
from there groves and giving it to each other it's just adoroble sight.
and the Elders from an old Southern Italian Village staring singing and dancing to Folk songs of their village
Laughing playing Cards Smoking there
heavy Cigars and Pipes drink Deep Red Wind It's like a sceen from the Movie
A Walk in the Clouds. or Fairwell to arms. In a Bottle.

the_good_life
the_good_life

An amazingly dull, inferior, overpriced and thus entirely superfluous citrus fragrance. I like Sandalo e Thé, perhaps because it's a rip-off of Tonatto's Sandalo per Teti, but I've found the other BOIS 1920 scents to be rather too conventional affairs considering the horrific price. This however is simply bad. The grapefruit-centered top lacks the refreshing punch you expect from a fragrance called bitter citrus of Sicily. Neither petitgrain nor cumin help to give the lame pamplemousse a hard citric-orangy edge or some suggestive dirtyness. Instead, an irritating synthetic haze hovers above the fragrance, not too dissimilar from the little helpers that ruin the current incarnation of Farina Gegenüber. It would be nice to get some good jasmine and patchouli notes in the middle, but there is nothing of the sort in here, just the inchoate fruitiness of a thankfully brief drydown to cheap wood and musk notes that would make even Ulric de Varens cringe. It's embarassing to smell this besides Acqua di Parma or Eau de Patou or any quality Eau de Cologne. In fact, Monsieur Balmain, 100ml of which can be had for around 15 Euros online, is a vastly superior citrus fragrance.

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

Bois 1920 have captured the essence of a midsummer's day with Agrumi Amari di Sicilia. This is a holiday in bottled form. The zesty opening is pure sunshine, balanced with a background of petit grain and caraway seeds. The black currant is very true to nature, here, and is a fascinating blend with the jasmine, patchouli, lime, lavender and sandalwood. One might imagine, reading this list, that the fragrance would become overwhelming - this certainly isn't the case. It melds with the wearer and never overshadows the personality behind perfume.

This is a perfect fragrance for warm, sunny days, even unbearably hot climates would find this a beautiful & refreshing fragrance to wear. Somehow it's both energising and relaxing - an uplifting scent for males & females alike. Wearing this I feel optimistic, I see myself sitting in the shade with a floppy straw hat on, sipping a cool drink and overlooking the beautiful countryside of Sicily.

Message in a Bottle: Relax, take time to enjoy your life.

Agrumi Amari di Sicilia by Bois 1920 4.23 out of 5 based on 79 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bois 1920 Agrumi Amari di Sicilia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bois 1920 Agrumi Amari di Sicilia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Agrumi Amari di Sicilia by Bois 1920. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Agrumi Amari di Sicilia by Bois 1920 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.