Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

Real Patchouly Bois 1920 for women and men

Real Patchouly Bois 1920 for women and men
dislike

Real Patchouly Bois 1920 for women and men Pictures Real Patchouly Bois 1920 for women and men Pictures

Real Patchouly by Bois 1920 is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Real Patchouly was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Enzo Galardi. Top notes are lemon, mandarin orange, celery seeds, caraway, cedar, thyme and artemisia; middle notes are patchouli, sandalwood, eucalyptus and french labdanum; base notes are tobacco, vanilla, benzoin, musk and amber.

Lemon Mandarin Orange Celery Seeds Caraway Cedar Thyme Artemisia

Patchouli Sandalwood Eucalyptus French labdanum

Tobacco Vanilla Benzoin Musk Amber

Ambre Sultan

Real Patchouly Fragrance Reviews

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

At first spray, I thought maybe I should send this back. After a small sprits on my wrist, I went to bed thinking I'll revisit this in the morning.....

Well, I am glad I didn't give up; I took a shower and sprayed some on and went off to a meeting and MAN O'MAN was I impressed!!!! This fragrance has to be given some time to macerate (on you that is); a blind buy and I am glad I did!! If you like Sushi Imperiale you will like this!! Sushi Imperiale is sort of sweet with a minty kind of a feel...great by the way; this is different in that it possesses a kind of sweet musk.

This fragrance gives you that Christmas in a bottle feel, again very different than Sushi Imperiale. Give this a minute to dry down before giving up. Unlike Sushi Imperiale, this is not as pungent. This fragrance is a bit more reserved as it dries. I recommend buying a sample first and wearing it to decide whether or not you like it. I can sometime act on impulse rather than with logic; you may not be that kind of a person, if so, again try before buying.

By the way, if you have this you don't need Relativamente Rosso!!

harperhilton
harperhilton

i really loved this the minute i smelled it on the box it had arrived in (and leaked into.) i put it on immediately -- and oh, patchouli-cistus heaven. i don't get the "this is luke-warm & boring" comments for this -- on me it is deep and intense and beyond lovely. (and both patchouli and labdanum have been among my most favored notes for neigh on 2 decades -- so this is saying something.)

earthboundSound
earthboundSound

Real Patchouly is a misnomer, which is to say that it's pretty bare on... you guessed it, Patchouli. What should we call this instead? Real Labdanum, because the parfum has got to consist of 80% or more of the stuff. This doesn't make the juice bad, it's simply dishonest. It's like selling someone chocolate ice cream and when they open up the tub they find strawberry instead.

That said, being mostly labdanum it has all of the traits you might expect with the dark, sticky, pungent goo: a powerful, persistent scent with crazy sillage and a very linear progression. There is no dry down: what you get the second it hits your skin is what you get (more or less) the next day when you take a whiff. It's a one-note-wonder, but it's not for everyone, and it's definitely not patchouli.

vandam
vandam

Amber and patchouly. Reminds me of Patchouly Leaves by Montale. Longevity is excellent. The scent in one word: boring.

DR521
DR521

This is a good starter labdanum patchouli blend. It's like a chord from Amber Absolute minus the vanilla and the heft. It's long lasting and has projection and is easy and inoffensive, unisex. If you want to smell like a patchouli amber and don't want to think about it this is a decent option.

Personally I tend to agree with Colin Maillard, in the world of patchouli fragrances and labdanum amber there are far more interesting frags.

hadassa
hadassa

This is fabulous. Nothing new here, it smells like a very good, qualitative niche brown juice. Non-edgy, simple, no-nonsense amber with patchouli, vanilla, and musky undertones. I can name many similar perfumes: Coromandel, Prada Amber, Alambar, and the closest (in my opinion) - Ambre 114. Still, this one is a bliss for those who like their powdery sweet amber with chocolatey patchouli.
The scent is quite safe, no mold, not that much of earthiness, it's also genderless.
I'm wearing it now, it's a very hot and sunny Middle Eastern day today, and it still works: sweet, but gracious, airy, although quite strong. Projects very well, I sprayed 10 jours ago and it's going strong. I'm going to enjoy it in winter as well, it's so warm, like a good mug of hot chocolate. The drydown is delicious: amber, vanilla, chocolate, coke. It's a typical comfort scent.

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

REAL PATCHOULY, a box of 'assorted chocolate' for you oriental lovers. It has all your favorite notes beautifully and thoughtfully laid out, guaranteeing to hit the spot for your amber/patchouli/vanilla cravings.

It's thick, luscious, creamy, decadent, classy and well calibrated.

Sweet, full, plush and resinous, with excellent sillage and staying power.

It has common genes with other decadent patchouli-centric orientals such as Chanel COROMANDEL and PRADA EDP. It's got personality but also quite likable.

I smell a lovely plummy-nutty note which cuts through the thickness and heat well, making REAL PATCHOULY an all year round fabulous choice.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I went to one of favorite stores where they carry higher quality fragrance's. They showed me Bois, after trying it. I found the aroma from Bois very herbal, sweeter, mysterious, seductive having a animalistic quality.
Patchouli as a note has been introduced in fragrances as a sweeter note maybe that's why I found myself gravitating toward Bois...a real patucchli aroma.
Longevity and Silage is excellent lasting over 8hrs
Finally thoughts
Bois has created a juice that's definitely worth having as part of personal collection. I wholeheartedly agree 100% with those who find it LUXURIOUS AND SEXY. What's key that makes this juice ABOUSOTLEY SEXY is Amber and Benzion with a hint of woodsy base from sandalwood. There's nothing else that could be added to enhance the fragrance, it's 99% perfect. I'm very happy that I bought it thou it was slightly more than what I wanted to spend but I have no regrets. 8.5/10

mrs2241

بعضیا
نتهایی که در خیلی از موارد اشتباه و یا کم و زیاد اشاره شده

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

Apparently "real patchouly" smells like amber. Because that's primarily what I'm smelling. I get the patchouli primarily in the opening which is a gorgeous, deep, boozy patch, really great actually. It doesn't last more than five minutes though before bowing out in favor of the amber. The amber is also very nice, reminiscent of Ambre 114. It fades to a skin scent after a few hours but otherwise it's beautiful amber scent with a patch opening.

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This fragrance is a heavy patchouli bomb. I have some P oil and it smells exactly like this scent, so I am not sure what other notes are really being showcased here. If you like a heavy patchouli, you will certainly go nuts for this one.

My Score 6

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

One of the dullest patchouli's I've ever tried, at least if we refer to niche market. Initially it smells of, well, patchouli (in the palest, most conventional, most artificial and static meaning ever) with smoky, woody and ambery nuances: pleasant, if it lasted for more than 10 minutes. Then it mutates into an ambery scent with some Iso E to provide woodiness and possibly a faint vague feel of incense. Basically anything a designer scent could do at a fraction of this price (I recall Vento di fiori by this same house which was hilariously identical to Terre d'Hermès, they seem secretly fond of designers' mainstream market).

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

أذا كنت محبا للباتشولي او محبا لعنبر سلطان او عنبر بريشيو لا اعني تطابق هنا لرائحة العطور التي ذكرت وانما نفس الاجواء سيعجبك كثيرا ايضا محبي رائحة التبغ.

الحقيقه امتزاج رائع بين الباتشولي والتبغ ولمسة الفانيلا اللتي لطفت الاجواء بتقليلها من حدة المكونين الشتاء قادم وانصح محبي العطور التشوية باقتناء هذا العطر

جمال الرائحة 10/9
اتقان التوليفة 9/10

مناسبا لمحبي العطور الشرقية والمكونات العميقة

ecojoe69
ecojoe69

I get a very forward pine/fir incense smell that is quite pleasing, rounded with a sweetness of vanilla, amber, sandalwood and sweet spices. This is interesting considering that incense isn't even in the notes profile. I was really looking for a patchouli note but I don't find it to be the most forward smell like most others. I smell just like an incense cone that I burned in the past which I loved for a homey, pine smell in my house but I am not sure I want this as a signature scent. Its pleasant, but nothing I expect to garner compliments except maybe from those who are reminded of pleasant camping trips as I walk by them.

Edit= My review was based on a sample that might not have been pure or real.

I've read a number of reviews and I see some truth in all of them.
Boring?- yes, but only in the fact that its fairly patchouli forward which is what most people want.
Strong?- yes! Be careful with this stuff! I don't at all get when people say this is a light, skin-scent.
Amber and Labdanum?- I'd agree with that. Its not PURE patchouli. It has a creamy, vanillaness to it. Thick and resinous might be a descriptor for the scent labdanum.

I'm keeping it!

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

Madly in love with this sweet interpretation of patchouli!
Like an image of walking through a spice market or the Grand Bazar. It's a rush of scents coming to you from everywhere.

Despite the name, patchouli is not the only star here but in very good company. The first thing I get in the opening is a sweet scent of burned caramel which will gently fade. Then it is patchouli wrapped and surrounded by spices, some dark & sweet textures and also some more luminous. All of this combined creates this warmth that surround you all day. Extra-long lasting power on me. If applied lightly, you will have it for hours close to you without intoxicating people around you, cause it can be strong… at least on me.

A very good companion for cold winter days!
Leaves an amazing scent on your shirt at the end of the day.

In one word… warmth!

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

Real Patchouly is sweet, yet not cloying or synthetic in the least bit. Sweet Amber and Vanilla compliment the nice rounded patchouli which possesses a touch of earth. I have steered clear of vanilla for a while due to being severely let down by the cheap synthetic junk used in some fragrances. Real Patchouly has one of the richest authentic vanilla sitting beside patchouli I've tried so far. The rest pale in comparison. The amber and patchouli are legendary. Light tobacco and sandalwood compliment this. There is some development, however stays relatively linear on me.

If you like sweet Amber/Patchouli this is a must have.

Karenin
Karenin

I´m rather ambivalent about patchouli in fragrances, especially those that place the note in the limelight. I´ll never forget sampling my first patchouli fragrance which was none other than Lorenzo Villoresi´s “Patchouli”. I consider myself to be tolerant when it comes to perfumes, but soon after applying the fragrance, I felt an overwhelming urge to scrub it off my wrist. Villoresi´s patchouli note possesses an intensely earthy (I´d even say dirty-smelling) character. From that time on, I´ve been approaching patchouli-centred scents with a considerable degree of caution. A couple of months ago I tested Histoires de Parfums´ “Noir Patchouli”, which (to my surprise) presented a ”friendlier” face of the note, mainly thanks to its menthol-y vibe. That sampling gave me hope that patchouli was not necessarily a no-go area for me. The most recent patchouli fragrance I´ve tested is “Real Patchouly” by Bois 1920.

“Real Patchouly” starts off with the unmistakable smell of patchouli. Albeit a tad earthy, this is in general a well-behaved patchouli note. It gradually mellows down and a hint of sweetness becomes detectable, signalling the arrival of the second dominant note in the composition, namely amber. The amber in “Real Patchouly” exudes subdued sweetness and stays “glued” to the skin for quite some time. It´s not an extroverted type of amber like the one you´ll find in Parfum d´Empire´s “Ambre Russe”, yet it´s still immensely pleasant and satisfying.

“Real Patchouly” is all about patchouli and amber. I´m sure there´s a whole host of supporting notes, but my nose does not pick them up. I must confess I enjoy the metamorphosis which takes place as the scent develops on my skin. Although it´s not a groundbreaking fragrance and its price may raise a few eyebrows, I do recommend this perfume to anyone looking for a solid, well-structured patchouli/amber composition.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Good fragrance based on patchouly, but nothing sensational. Without infamy and without praise.

ChefnNose
ChefnNose

What an amazing fragrance. I wear only a handful of over the counter scents. My signature cologne is a custom blend, BUT this fragrance may quickly become my new signature scent. Wow Real Patchouli is just amazing. Warm and inviting, sultry and just absolutely intoxicating for me. Amber, vanilla and tobacco mingled with the scent of patchouli, the citrus is so very slight the addition of eucalyptus is rather unusual but is much more agreeable than had it been mint. If a fragrance can make you sexy this one will blow the scale off the chart. It ages on the skin with a nice mellowing doesn't last with good longevity but still its and amazing fragrance. As a patchouli fragrance this is tops I was blessed and fortunate enough to find my bottle on clearance at an amazing $40.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

A bit harsh in the opening, but then - wow! really good! I smell leathery-woody labdanum and dusty ambery notes with spice. But what really surprised me here was the eucalyptus, it seems juxtaposed to the the balmy woodiness and provides with cool freshness, it almost makes me think of sauna where you smell the wooden logs and they add eucalyptus oil to the water or something like that... I like the tobacco in here too, it's blended nicely and discreetly into the composition. In any case, it smells awesome, like when you get out of hot steamy "banya" in winter and take a breath of icy cold air in the woods!

janine76
janine76

absolutely loved this fragrance, tried it at a fragrance meeting, and I couldnt stop smelling it, it was so morish, I haven't smelt a fragrance as good as this in a long time.....
not sure if id buy this for myself or my man it was that addictive !!!

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Urgh, what an odd concoction! Very 'different'.

I'm not too sure about pacthouli and I'm certainly no expert on it! But the opening I find is that of very musty/'damp' yet slightly sweet play-doh/tobacco liquor- being boiled n' bubbled up in a barn!

Vanilla, tobacco and benzion? Like, really? Lemon? There's nothing remotely that sweet, nor pleasant here!

It resembles the aroma of a well-kept hamster cage, with the hay, the strange earthy notes and damply-sweet, raw tobacco.

Sounds a bit gross; I think more an acquired taste but not mine this time, no way.

It's not the unsanitary, cat-pee ranchy animal pen sort by any real means, just picture 'clean' unused hay just sitting near the entrance to a barn, waiting to be used next, lol. But maybe the 'hamster-hay' is better suited.

Certainly I do not detect any real citruses on top, nor Caraway, vanilla, thyme and labdanum?! No resinous/rich amber here either, or it's drowned out by the tobacco (not smoky).

Strangely soothing at times, but a little to 'farmyard' for me to be thinking of wearing this about!

Scent: 3/10.
Quality: 8/10.

The moment I donned Bois 1920 REAL PATCHOULY, I thought immediately of Montale BLUE AMBER. I was expecting a chewy patchouli perfume--instead I'm wearing rich labdanum amber! Is my memory playing tricks on me? I'll have to compare these two gorgeous creations side-by-side in order to determine the answer to that question. Fortunately, this will be possible, as I have been collecting samples from Montale--the house whose mission is obviously to cater to perfumistas afflicted with hard-core OCD. Is it even humanly possibly to test all of the Montale perfumes? I ask most sincerely. In any case, BLUE AMBER awaits another sniff. Be back in a jiff...

Whoops: definitely *not* BLUE AMBER! There is no blue facet to REAL PATCHOULY whatsoever! So I wonder which labdanum amber I am remembering? Well, it's something that I need to acquire--either that or this splendid labdanum amber patchouli. Smooth, golden, and--could it be Histoires de Parfums AMBRE 114? I do not believe that it is Serge Lutens AMBRE SULTAN. In any case, Bois 1920 REAL PATCHOULY will do quite fine to fill my amber yearnings come wintertime. This composition manages to avoid what some regard as the "boring" quality of unadorned ambers such as L'Artisan Parfumeur by including a dose of patchouli hefty enough to notice but not overwhelming and not very sweet.

Beautiful!

desertrat
desertrat

LOVE it! It's a dead ringer for Prada (Amber) Prada. Slightly bolder than Prada they are nearly interchangeable to my nose. Both are rich and Divine...

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

This is difficult to describe...but patchouli is like that in general.
It starts warm and spicy, but soon developes into an earthy dirtiness, reminding me of wet rotten leaves in early spring. Luckily the flavor in enhanced by some sort or liquer-like subtle sweetness, and becomes warmer and warmer; tobacco is definitely there, more like a Cuban cigar than cigarettes, but not green enought to remember of the plant itself.
A little bit of amber and vanilla too make this very very smooth. There is a hint of "body odour" mixed with mint or something resembling mint. It must be the patcouli! The juice turns more more more woody after a while.
The silage and lasting power are average.
While this is an expensive perfume, like all other Bois 1920, it doesn't disappoint. Do I wish is had more power? Yes, but as it is, I still find it seductive and mysterious.
I haven't smelled it on anyone other than myself, it's surely not popular. Very unisex and unique, I think it's a masterpice!
Talking about how unique it is, it just occured to me that I have "tasted" this scent before: not in a perfume, in a very distinct drink made by French monks since the 17th century to present called "Chartreuse". If you know what that is, well, this is it in a perfume version!

calyx93
calyx93

Love this potion - although it's hard for me to accept the name sometimes. Most patchouli smells nothing like this - but most people smell young/unaged patchouli and I mean REALLY aged when it achieves that wine-like effect.

This fragrance can come across a good bit more ambery than one might expect too - in the manner of Ambre Sultan. This has a dry, herbal element to it the way that the Lutens juice does. However, it's very, very smooth and very hypnotic - delicious, actually. Lighter that one might expect - but it has great depth, sillage and longevity.

Lady-Robins
Lady-Robins

I agree with all of these reviews. Its amazing!

The largest part of me wants to keep it a secret and wonders why I'm even writing this, but the other part of me says this sent is too beautiful and needs to be honored and praised.
Yes, women can and should wear this. very sophisticated and comforting, this starts out like a new dresser, or wood chips but with a warm citrus burst. Then turns into a yummy pipe tobacco (the kind you want to keep smelling), but stays fresh and lovely.

Very special.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Trying to describe the smell of patchouli to someone who has never smelt it is nigh on impossible. The closest I could get to it is that good patchouli tastes like a mouthful of dirt. And this IS good patchouli.

Beginning rather raspy, deep and throaty, RP is rather masculine due to the dryness and the tobacco, which is very prominent.

About half an hour in, after some ungracious thoughts about the monotony and skeletal nature of it all, a sonic bomb seems to go off and all of a sudden there is a glorious rich warm aftershock. It reminds me of the image (not the smell) of dim libraries filled with old books, warm swirling cognac and horses.

It is a wonderful fragrance and while I can see women rocking this scent, I think this would be glorious on male skin.

While I find it all a bit too much for my personal use, this is my reference samle for patchouli. It truly captures the full breadth of the patch experience.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

Real patchouli is sweet and cosy.It is easily wearable even by someone who doesn't like that much the note of dusty and mature patchouli.Spicy,woody and milky balanced really well.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Not like any other patchouli I've ever smelled. This is the Real Patchouly! It's more like magical spiced patchouli liquer aged in exotic wood barrels, decanted only in stealth and by the light of a blue moon. It was so special, I felt I didn't want anyone to know what I was wearing when I tested it. It inspired greed for the scent itself.

rebella
rebella

Yes, this is for certain real patchouli. The top notes are very aromatic, spicy, hot and kind of raw. The citruses add a bit of freshness.

When the heart notes settles it become smoth and very pleasant. Woody, powdery and some gentle strokes of sweetness. Not at all a hippie kind of patchouli, much to tasteful for that. A pathchouli for confident grown-ups with expensive taste. Like a handcarved wooden box filled with fragrant sachets with strange, unfamiliar but very pleasant herbs. You can sit and sniff in the box such a long time, forgetting about the things that you have to do.

So, it´s a pleasure to test Real Patchouli, what are you waiting for?

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bois 1920 Real Patchouly fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bois 1920 Real Patchouly, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Real Patchouly by Bois 1920. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Real Patchouly by Bois 1920 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.