Designers » B » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Sushi Imperiale Bois 1920 for women and men

Sushi Imperiale Bois 1920 for women and men
dislike

cinnamon
Sushi Imperiale Bois 1920 for women and men Pictures Sushi Imperiale Bois 1920 for women and men Pictures

Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920 is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women and men. Sushi Imperiale was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Enzo Galardi. Top notes are bergamot, mandarin orange and lemon; middle notes are pepper, nutmeg, jasmine, rose, star anise and cinnamon; base notes are sandalwood, vetiver, patchouli, tonka bean and madagascar vanilla.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Lemon

Pepper Nutmeg Jasmine Rose Star Anise Cinnamon

Sandalwood Vetiver Patchouli Tonka Bean Madagascar Vanilla

Sushi Imperiale Fragrance Reviews

m-hani
m-hani

یه عطر همه کاره،هر جایی و همراه.من کاری ندارم که از چه نت هایی تشکیل شده.دوبار تمدیدش کردم و همیشه یکی ازش همراهم هست.

Buckeye
Buckeye

Elegance in its simplicity describes Sushi Imperiale the best. Sushi Imperiale is a cozy, spicy, mescaline, and inviting fragrance that can be comfortably worn in autumn days at work.

I receive so many compliments when I wear it during Christmas season.

Johnnyacl
Johnnyacl

This fragrance is ok, but, in my opinion, too cloying. And I mean to the point of making me feel a bit sick. It´s very similar to Profumum Roma´s Confetto. I will give it a try during cold weather, though.

picknenders
picknenders

I think I appreciate this one more than any other fragrance I own. This was not a love at first sniff. I was actually put off by something - the mixture of spices maybe? At any rate - I found myself wanting to grab for it again, but couldn't figure out why. It was a really weird deal. Now I am thoroughly enjoying this scent. I do believe it can be worn year round - and i'm positive it will really pop during the cooler fall weather. The spices/orange make for a very calming scent when it soaks into your skin. I think this is what a country bakery would smell like. If you, like me, didn't like this at first - give it another shot and let it ride out. Great scent!

E-Jam Q
E-Jam Q

This is a very mature scent.It is very long lasting en I enjoy this very much.after a couple of hours it sits close to the skin but for the wearer very noticeble.8/10 for my taste.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

The opening of Sushi Imperiale is one of the strongest “déja vu” I’ve experienced so far with fragrances, and sadly, it isn’t really a flattering one for this Bois 1920 scent. In fact it smells basically halfway Opium pour Homme and a bunch of cheap nutmeg-spicy Oriental designers, like Lagerfeld for Man from 2004. But most of all, it’s very, very close to Opium pour Homme, and I’m surprised nearly none noticed this. Unless my sample has been altered, it’s a blatant ripoff of that. For the worse, actually, as it’s actually a bit more mediocre than the YSL’s – flatter, more static, and just cheaper overall. Nothing horrible, but surely nothing special either. Basically Sushi Imperiale (why this name, by the way?) is a gentle, inoffensive, a bit simplistic citrus-spicy fragrance with a nice sort of sweet anisic-fruity “transparent” texture mostly built on cinnamon, anise and nutmeg, running throughout the main spicy woodiness which makes the bone structure of the scent: but it’s basically nothing more than a mediocre designer, quality-wise and, well, everything-wise. I smell nothing creative or particularly “quality” here, just a tame, fairly flat and very averagely decent fresh spicy scent which would have gone completely unnoticed if we were in the mid or late-1990s. But we’re in the era of below-zero creativity and “revivals” everywhere, so... *sighs*.

MrBumblepants
MrBumblepants

Thanks Nemophilist....I got my decant today. I do like it, but I think it's gonna be too strong for me and it falls into those type of scents that give me a headache unfortunately. But again it's a lovely fragrance and I wish I could pull this off. I may try again and see what happens.

Smells like apple pie and a little cinnamon. A very warm, and on me, powerful scent. Projects like crazy on my skin. I would certainly recommend this one to try if those notes appeal to you.

Nemophilist
Nemophilist

MrBumblepants: The Perfumed Court have samples of Sushi Imperiale available for purchase.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Sushi Imperiale is another fall fragrance that I love. Anise, nutmeg and cinnamon at the beginning give it warmth. I smell some vanilla in there as well. Then in the dry down comes wood and some citrus to balance it out. Lasts a long time on me.

lilalina
lilalina

This scent is amazing! It's spicy and has a underlying freshness to it that to me comes across more masculine. It's a very well crafted perfume, it's smells very high-end to me. This is definitely an all-year-round scent, summer or winter.

Platinum1
Platinum1

~ This is one that I am glad reverses any fear of "expectation vs reality" in a good way! "Sushi??" No! Yummy apple cider and sweet cinnamon? Yes. This is as close to a gourmand as I care to get but it does make my nose seek out the tables of my youth filled with Grandmother's Apple pies and turnovers. As a man I can definitely see this generous gift sample (thank-you) turning into yet another larger sample and perhaps a FB of this amazing comfort scent! How this sweet, spicy "fall is in the air" scent doesn't get more attention is beyond me? If fragrance fans can chase high dollar trendy scents like Ambre Narguile then this comforting nutmeg and spice beauty deserves a lot more Love to. The perfect sillage with just a hint of floral makes it a personal scent and that is exactly who I would want it for, me. The longevity lasts long enough to spend a lazy fall afternoon day-dreaming of aromas of my youth or heating up some cider for quiet time, a swing and a good read. This is not challenging or complex and won't win you droves of compliments but it will satisfy you the wearer in a very good way!
Kind Regards, Plat ~

matty64

Like I said last year, this stuff is the bomb in cooler weather.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Bois 1920 is just a disappointment across the range for me I guess.

This starts off like a chameleon on me - many times on dabbing the sample vial I get a rather damp, pungent dull citrus mainly resembling mandarins (what else) - but, sweetness at the same time - all mixed with a pungent slightly gone-off cherry-cough syrup(!)

Few times it gives me a very cheerful , bright and slightly sweet lemon/orange fruit splash mixed with a little dusty patchouli/semi-sweet earthyness. More like what 1 would want to expect.

But for me it's still odd. Certainly after 10 minutes it falls into it's place of resembling other's views of being a comforting apple/citrus pie akin to Ambre Narguile, so I'm not sure what to judge - the start is again just a bit too deal-breaking for me.

And still, I would much rather they had just gone with apples, rather than oranges/mandarins again.

Ambre narguile is more pleasant at the opening too, a nice rich honey instead of the odd pungent vibe for the 1st 5 minutes here.

Pass all day long.

Scent: 4/10.
Quality: 9/10.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

This is my new love along with Sables. It has everything going for it in the right direction. Citrus, spice, sweetness and some woods for added depth. Plenty of dimensions and versatile enough to wear throughout the year. Very long lasting with great silage. It has jumped into my top 5. The only drawback is that it is more masculine than feminine which is fine since I am a guy. It has been discounted on occasion and I am very tempted once my decant runs out!

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

This is my definition of a comfort fragrance.. Smells spicy fresh and edible. An eat me up gourmand due in large part to the nutmeg and cinnamon.. Listed as unisex but definitely more masculine IMO. Has a woodsy, powdery dry down as the nutmeg/cinnamon combo subtly lingers on.. Love this scent! I believe it is versatile, can be worn during any occasion and any season except maybe the summer I tend to go with extreme fresh scents in the summer. However that's me, but because of the citrus notes a person might be able to get away with this on a summers night.. Projection and longevity are above average, and so is this offering from Bois 1920..

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

I like this one. It has an old school oriental vibe to it. It comes off pretty sweet, but easy for a man to pull off. I don't reach for it often even though it can work pretty much year around. It kind or reminds me of 1 million, original santal or allure. I don't get huge compliments with it, but it impresses on me when I wear it and that is fine enough by me.

My Score: 8

RevADGriffin
RevADGriffin

If I can swing it this may happen sooner than later...

matty64

I wore this today in cooler weather and It's the bomb!

aeg8193
aeg8193

To me this smells like a well done version of a typical men's designer release. With that sharp citrus / spice that I smell over and over again in the designer game. Which is not a bad thing but its a bit like eh, been there smelt that. Nice to sample it but thats all it will be for me. Reminds me a bit of 1 million.

lucifera
lucifera

no idea why they call it sushi xD its a nice scent but kinda meh for me..better for a man to use it

kris919
kris919

sweet spicy cinnamon apple cider w/ a little nutmeg. I know apple is not listed, but that's exactly what I smell. It's a a little over on the masculine side of unisex, but the right woman can pull this one off . There's star anise in here too, just a little bit though and it's reading to me a little like mint...maybe that's the same note people are comparing to shaving cream? Projection is very good, it's long lasting, and despite the unfortunate name it has, this is a nice perfume

Eos
Eos

A true fragrance for autumn.

Sushi Imperiale smells EXACTLY like a special hot drink my grandmother made each autumn when I was a child. Fill a 6 qt sauce pan with half fresh squeezed orange juice, half apple cider plus one tablespoon of good quality vanilla extract simmered with 3 cinnamon sticks, 6 star anise pods and one Earl Grey teabag. The drink is delicious and so is this perfume. I swear I could smell each of those ingredients as notes in this scent. Spicy, citric, appley and slightly sweet with no discernable floral or resinous notes. Its a more classically masculine scent IMO, but with the right chemistry it could smell fabulous on a woman too (its smells alright on me, but better on my husband). Longevity is about 4 hours on my skin with slight projection.

nypdblue
nypdblue

This is a MUST Have in any collection! This Beautiful Fresh scent was Love at first spray, I was at MiN New York and was introduced to this Beautiful fragrance by Alejandro, he said this was a must smell and he was right!The Notes are just incredible,The Lemon,the Nutmeg and the Vetiver and black tea are just amazing.It does last a while, I must have had 3 Complements from different women on the Train ride to work this morning! I truly love this Fragrance and am So Happy I purchased it..

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Sushi Imperiale is so very, very complicated. This isn't an everyone thing - this isn't an everyday thing - THIS is as individual as they come.

At first, I didn't understand why this was named Sushi. However now, during my 2nd time wearing it, I totally understand. You know that sweet yet salty smell Sushi has because of the seaweed wrap? Think of that - and then imagine that smell teaming with whatever herbs and spices (including sweet spices) used in the rice filling part of the Sushi. Think AROMATIC rather than Gourmand - and there's the Sushi element. And I don't eat Sushi, but damn I love the smell.

Star Anise, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, fresh Pepper meet Patchouli, Vetiver, delicate florals and vanilla - then they briefly mingle with the citrus notes which are not overpowering in anyway, they exist just enough to give everything else a little bit of extra shine. It's sweet yet salty, spicy yet fresh, floral yet in NO way girly, feminine yet masculine...AMAZING.

Both men and women could get away with this - but I'm guessing this one is either going to love your body chemistry or hate it, so I would never recommend blind buying with this particular perfume.

Verdict? Amazing longevity & projection, great silage and one of the most unique, exquisite perfumes to ever sit on my skin. This is timeless in the most original way!

Update 27th Oct 2013: I never put perfumes into categories in terms of gender myself (I believe ALL fragrances are unisex personally) - however I've had three different people now ask me what aftershave I'm wearing when I have this on LOL. To men, it smells masculine - and to women, it seems to smell masculine as well. To me, it still smells of unique, exquisite perfume wearable in any weather (Definitely not just in cold weather, it's a humid Spring day here and Sushi Imperiale smells like it was made for this weather).

Jwaks
Jwaks

Perfectly sweetened cinnamon bark, anise and nutmeg create a warm, inviting opening showing masterful balance with hints of fleshy citrus. Gentle bergamot, piquant ginger and flirty pink rose show up fashionably late to the spicy party as silky tonka, lightly creamy sandalwood and hints of dark brown sugar bring it all together. Stunning, nearly edible and oh so smooth without any sharp edges; Sushi Imperiale handily bests even my moderate expectations. I love it. Bois 1920 is quickly becoming one of my go to perfume houses while earning a reputation for making rock solid fragrances. Try this, you're in for a treat!

Projection sillage and longevity are spot on.

Score 7.5/10

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Sushi Imperiale is a sweet and warm masculine perfume.
It opens with citrus and cinnamon bark on me, I also get nutmeg and spices. The anise adds something like a "dark cherry" vibe to it. It's like a masculine counterpart to Sandalo E The (which is a spicy lemon tea). Sushi Imperiale is strong, too, so only one spritz for me. Very good scent.

antfarm
antfarm

Sheer genius. This is powdery and sultry while incorporating notes like ginger and citrus and something even slightly sushi-like. This fragrance gives me the kind of excitement of smelling wasabi and ginger at a sushi bar. (But have no fear--it won't make you smell like actual raw fish.) This is a very unique scent, and in my opinion, it accomplishes being natural and organic-smelling as if you are wearing a living compound.

aveilhe
aveilhe

I assume the name Sushi Imperiale was not intended to be literal, but I can't seem to stop making associations with Japanese cuisine when I smell this! I swear I get a bit of vinegar, salt, and sugar (from sushi rice) with shaved ginger on the side, and a cup of sweet sake. Don't let anyone ever tell you there's not power in a name :)

I really did want to like this one -- it has so many notes that I love: spices, vanilla, citrus, tonka, sandalwood. But, to my nose it is just a bit too overpowering. It has huge sillage and lasts forever, but unfortunately, it is headache-inducing on me. It is definitely borderline gourmand, but the spices, along with some vetiver and heavy patchouli in the base put it more on the oriental end of the spectrum.

Many reviewers have said they smell apple pie when they wear this, but there are too many dispararate things going on here for me to pick up on a distinct apple note. Frankly, I would love a fragrance that smelled like apple pie out of the oven!

If you like intensely bold, spicy, sweet orientals, then this might be worth a try. Unfortunately, for me, it's just a jumbled mess of Japanese food, winter spices, sugar, and heavy woods.

Scrilla
Scrilla

Really nice. The apple pie scent I wouldn't take too seriously. I just received my sample and was terrified of it smelling too much like baked goods. It has enough floral notes to soften it. Really clean dry-down (probably the Vetiver). I would recommend this scent to almost anyone. It's cheerful and balanced. I think it would actually be best in Fall or maybe even Spring for the floral notes. Mostly a year-round fragrance.

calyx93
calyx93

Please correct the above description - this was NOT released in 1920 - try 2005.

"Sushi Imperiale" is a cute name - but it doesn't smell like Sushi (luckily) :-) Also it doesn't smell pleasant. I guess I won't be giving Bois 1920 anymore tries. I found them all horrible so far.

butterblades
butterblades

Hot apple pie. After 10 hours on the skin the silage is still great. Reminds me of the holidays with wassail brewing in the kitchen. Cinnamon & spice and everything nice! 8/10.

Taleb
Taleb

Fantastic orange with spices, most notably Cinammon. Though the price tag is hefty, the performance in the longevity and projection departments, are solid and strong. Oh, and it's way way much better than Opium pour homme.

There must be a story behind the name of Bois 1920 SUSHI IMPERIALE, but I have no idea what it is. All I know is that this perfume is a straightforward designer-type oriental composition with about double the usual concentrations of the various components. I have no doubt that this creation features genuine sandalwood and flowers. But the items included are really very standard fare, and they are combined in normal designer floriental proportions--again, just twice as strong and of very high quality. Reminds me of something by Linari, actually.

SUSHI IMPERIALE is a very rich concoction with big sillage and excellent longevity, but I cannot understand why someone would buy this instead of one of the ubiquitous designer analogues. I'd save my niche bucks for something with originality in the composition, not the name. I'm sure that if I had a bottle I'd wear this in wintertime, but it's nothing new at all. Which is not say that everything has to be earthshatteringly revolutionary, but if it is not, why pay this price?

Given the strength of this elixir, people will ask you what you are wearing, no doubt, so then I guess you can have a hearty discussion over the provenance of the name.

I'm honestly getting tired of companies pretending we buy old fragrances with new names. Sushi Impreiale smells nice but it smells just like tones of spicy orientals of the last couple of decades. Opium Pour Homme anyone?

thehanna
thehanna

So nice!! Apple pie spices, incense, and men's shaving cream. Complex, hard to put a finger on notes which make you want to keep smelling. I thought this was an elegant, vintage gourmand oriental, a bit masculine. I've hear a lot of Christmas-like associations for this and the notes would give that impression, however, I found this much more adult and not nearly so sweetly nostalgic or amiable.

My associations are all tied into knowing it is from 1920 and called Sushi Imperiale. I wonder if I would feel differently if I didn't know the back story.

I was very interested to see how this developped and thought it was very intriguing. Unfortunately, this gives me a nauseated headachy feeling, an unusual experience for me with perfume and something which sadly precludes me from enjoying this.

$$
$$

Wowzers!Sillage like a muthapucker! This is dope i luv the apple pie like scent when you first spray it to skin then the middle and base notes smooth it all together.VETTY VETTY GOOD!!Plus it last forever.8+hrs

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

At first this smells like a fougere made with a huge dose of tonka, but soon it takes on a light, almost metallic floral note. Within a couple of minutes it morphs into a spicy, fruity, apple pie scent that’s not overly sweet, and then just stays that way. It’s the filling of the pie without the crust, just fruit and spices, mainly cinnamon, nutmeg, and a sugary sauce. It’s a pleasant quasi-gourmand scent that eventually dries down to a nutmeg-tonka combination that reminds me of a men’s shaving product. Sillage is considerable, and it lasts at least 6-8 hours.

I have no idea what connection there is with sushi, imperial or from the little shop around the corner, and my cursory internet research doesn’t reveal any explanation. The bottom line is that Sushi Imperiale is a spicy, fruity, dessert scent with some incongruous masculine touches, one that's a little too foody for my taste.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Leans masculine right at the top with fresh bergamot, vetiver and pepper. Dry and refreshing, but soon becomes warmer moving toward the middle of the gender scale.

Cinnamon brings in a feeling of comfort with a few petals of soft flowers and earthy anise.

Missing from the notes is Madagascar vanilla which is beautifully present without being heady at all, just pure joy with a woody warmth and earthy spice finish.

Very wearable and great quality, everything about it is appealing except the price. For me to pay that much, I'd want something a little more distinct.

Cereza
Cereza

Warm, cudly, but somehow fresh. It has most amazing quality, the sillage and longelivity is beyond hopes :)
At the opening I can detect "black tea" F_A already mentioned, but the most noticable note for me is anise, which I greatly love - it's fresh and sweet. There are bits of cinnamon and pepper spicing things up here. At this point the scent becomes a little bit masculine, but not too much.
From the flowers I feel only rose which here is not dominant and just gives feminine and elegant twist to the all scent.
What I like is that this, even being an oriental, isn't heady and "too much" as it sometimes happens. It's just extremely wonderful, warm and enjoyable without being "in your face". I'm impressed as it's very easy to wear and works very well with my chemistry.
And I must say - this is an extremely sexy perfume as well, it has this sensual quality that it's hard to resist sniffing my wrist all the time.
DO TRY! :) You won't be dissapointed.

moly
moly

Wonderful scent! The beginning reminds me a bit of SL "Five o'clock au gingembre", but it's lighter. Lovely, warm, delicious.

elusivek
elusivek

Love at first spray!!

When I first spray this I get an irresistible wave of citrus and freshness.

Next I get the floral which is done to perfection!! The rose/jasmine blend brings out the best in each imo and is done in a way that you can identify the floral without it being cloying or ever taking over in the blend.

Then comes the spice and apple, at this point I think I had a full on scentgasm. It does smell a bit like apple cider (fine by me).

It progresses to the warm woody, still slightly spicy base.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Tarya
Tarya

Not very spicy, hardly oriental, because it's so light almost unisex. Aromatic, with light citrus and anice notes. Very special and delicious!

guest_safa
guest_safa

first up i get vetiver, pepper & lemon. i can see how black tea and lemon could be felt... maybe a little patchouli peeking through. very interesting and unusual. a little nutmeg starts to peer out, then the sandalwood becomes more pronounced... vaguely some cinnamon.

have reapplied now...

mmm... as above... just enjoying the unisex flavor of this fragrance without being too loyal to either side, just very well balanced and happily sitting on the fence. if you like a citrusy, oriental spicy unisex fragrance, as a woman i can totally appreciate this on a woman, as much as i can on a man.

yum. sample it if u can (luckyscent) ;)

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

I love the ingredients in this scent and it sounds divine but can't get my head around it's name - "Sushi" because it means raw fish. Can anyone explain if this word has an alternate meaning?

Chris2448
Chris2448

This stuff is INTENSE. It so strong and concentrated that it still smells after 8 hours and a shower. Among all the people I know, I have very acidic skin and nothing seems to last long enough on me. Believe me, this thing LASTS.

Migotka
Migotka

Finding niche perfume where I live is pretty difficult. I ordered Sushi Imperiale without trying it, and for a really banal reason and without even looking at the notes, but I just liked the name so much! Only after ordering did I start getting worried, since this is not really a kind of perfume I would wear (not being a fan of citrus notes). However, once the bottle arrived, I was nearly ecstatic, it was probably the best “pig in a poke” one could ever get. I have sprayed on my wrist the other morning and could not help sniffing it throughout the whole day.
Sushi Imperiale is a wonderful unisex fragrance. At first it smelled more masculine and fresh, very spicy and reminded me of my father's cologne, but there is something so warm about it at the same time. The combination of nutmeg, cinnamon and lemon won my love for this perfume and I don't think I will be able to part with it during next months.

F_A
F_A

Very nice freshly warm fragrance. For my nose it smells like a strong black tea with lemon and black peppers (yes you read right!), and the sweetness of anise. It is somehow energising, very nice fragrance for everyday use, and it holds really long on skin:)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.