Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

Vetiver Ambrato Bois 1920 for women and men

Vetiver Ambrato Bois 1920 for women and men
dislike

Vetiver Ambrato Bois 1920 for women and men Pictures Vetiver Ambrato Bois 1920 for women and men Pictures

Vetiver Ambrato by Bois 1920 is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Enzo Galardi. Top notes are bergamot, lemon, petitgrain, cloves, geranium and artemisia; middle notes are patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood, cedar and lavender; base notes are tobacco, vanilla, amber, musk, benzoin, french labdanum and galbanum.

Bergamot Lemon Petitgrain Cloves Geranium Artemisia

Patchouli Vetiver Sandalwood Cedar Lavender

Tobacco Vanilla Amber Musk Benzoin French labdanum Galbanum

Vetiver

Vetiver Ambrato Fragrance Reviews

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

Vetiver Ambrato opens with a sharp, yet, woody opening. As the fragrance evolves, it rests in the soft (not too soft) sweet powdery neutral zone; there is the sandalwood, ambergris character found in this fragrance that brings out the fragrance.....Vetiver Ambrato yet, restrained.

Gentlemen, enjoy smelling like an aristocrat!!!!

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This is a semi-exotic and surprisingly challenging scent to rock for me. I think it is the amber, as I typically don't like amber. I think this fragrance is just too grey and powdery. It really needs a bit more of that itallian bergamotte sunshine or something to stretch its legs into the evening like some resinous notes. As it sits, this is just too challenging for me to find a place to pull this one off. Too dark to wear during the day and not dark enough for the night.

My Score: 6

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Really nice on paper, as it carries Bois 1920's signature freshness and elegance, with a gentle and powdery note of vetiver blending with the sweet richness of amber, but... all that vanishes on skin. This is just beyond subtle, more closer to pure absence. I barely smell the opening. Which is sad because on paper it smells heavenly, bright, coloured, delicate and natural. However if you like "close-to-skin" scents, this may work.

My niche emporium-procured sample of this perfume is labeled Bois 1920 Vetiver e Ambra, so I assume that it is really Vetiver Ambrato, since nothing else in this house's line-up comes close.

As I have come to expect from Bois 1920, this perfume smells very fine. In this case, there's lots of both labdanum amber and ambergris, the texture of which really comes through in the dry down. The woods are assorted--not only vetiver, but cedar and probably others as well. In the note pyramid I saw that tons of different components are listed, so Vetiver Ambrato is rather far from being a simple vetiver coated with a touch of amber. In fact, the name seems reversed to me. Vetiver Ambrato is first an amber perfume, then a vetiver (woody) composition. Others have called this a green composition, but to my nose it's more brown than green. Brown with a golden gleam.

Anyone who enjoys the Bois 1920 treatment of amber is bound to like this creation. Smooth, rich, enticing. An excellent wintertime amber perfume, it seems to me. It also smells nice on a cooler summer day. I love both labdnamum amber and ambergris, so it's not that surprising that I find this perfume quite pleasing. I'm pretty sure that other amber aficionados would agree.

Jwaks
Jwaks

A green, rich and intensely complex example of a vetiver scent with lots of galbanum, labdanum and patchoulli,. It settles into a play-doh type scent with hints of amber. In the drydown there's hints of tobacco, benzoin and vanilla under the gobs of labdanum. A very masculine and odd take on a vetiver scent. There's little to no grassy, smoky or peppery vetiver in this one! A shame, the name should be labdanum. I much prefer warmer, dryer vetiver scents like Montale Red Vetiver and Terre d'hermes.

Blimunda
Blimunda

I'm not that familiar with vetiver based fragrances, so I have no clue whether this one reached some high point of originality, but what I smell from it is a woody base with sharp musky-patchouli accords and warmer amber balsamic tones creating an interesting composition that is both fresh and warm.

After a while, it settles into aromatic galbanum, I'd say, leaning towards unisex fragrance, unlike the very beginning when it had so strong and powerful man's nature.

Chasm
Chasm

My love could not stop sniffing this on my wrist after we walked out of Barney's. She was literally ready to rip both our clothes off before we even got to 5th Ave. Needless to say, I went back and bought a bottle.

Deeply complex and intensly masculine, with spicy amber resin notes surrounded by tobacco topped with sandalwood, lavender and vetiver. This has become one of my favorite scents, day or night. Probably won't appeal to boys in the party set, this one is for men who are comfortable with their maturity and taste.

As noted, close to the skin but stays with clothes. An aura that one wears like a bespoke wool suit.

Cereza
Cereza

I am always, and I really mean it, always amazed of every one of fragrances by Bois 1920, the quality, depth, complexity is simply amazing and breath taking, even if the fragrance doesn't suit me or I don't find it to be "my style".
The same thing is with this one, it opened lovely with burst of lavender and spice mix followed by marvelous, warm resins, amber and tobacco. It is definitely not my kind of scent as if I wouldn't like to wear this, but I would sure love to smell it on other people.
I don't find this to be extremely masculine, okay, the opening might be too harsh for some woman, but the dry down is well suited for a woman - warm, comforting and very inviting.

Do try, worth every penny.

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

This reminds me of walking into an old-fashioned barber shop, the ones with stripey poles outside and cut-throat razors, all manner of vintage brushes and soaps on display. I used to sometimes wait for my father to have a shave & haircut in such a place - there are a number of these shops still running in my town, which favours its historical establishments.

My first choice of the Bois 1920 line had to be this, as vetiver is one of my all-time favourite base notes. From the first spray the vetiver is apparent, but not in an overpowering way - this is a highly fresh, clean smelling fragrance that I think would mostly appeal to men.

Certainly the top notes are - to me - intensely masculine. These settle quite quickly into a soapy, sandalwood fragrance that is nostalgically comforting and I would be happy to wear. An autumnal or winter daytime scent, this isn't going to offend anyone. The lasting power I found to be very good, but subtle - not a long silage that will fill a room. The type of fragrance one would notice most when cuddling with your beloved and kissing their neck. Very pleasant, but a bit too subtle for me. However, I may purchase this for *my* beloved man and enjoy the scent this way. ;)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bois 1920 Vetiver Ambrato fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bois 1920 Vetiver Ambrato, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vetiver Ambrato by Bois 1920. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vetiver Ambrato by Bois 1920 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.