Designers » B » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Andy Warhol Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

oud
Andy Warhol Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

Bond No. 9 signed an argreement with The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts to produce fragrances under the Andy Warhol name. They started with Andy Warhol Silver Factory in 2007. Since that 6 fragrances, including the very new one, have been introduced.

Andy Warhol by Bond No 9 is housed in a standard Bond No 9 bottle with an image of the artist himsel, which is repeated on each side of the bottle. "We chose a photo-booth portrait of a youngish, clean-cut, Mad Man-esque Warhol, circa 1963 - 1964, when he was 35, wearing sunglasses, along with the era’s essential trench coat, white business shirt, and tie." Andy Warhol was launched in 2011.

Citruses Bergamot Cypress plum

Jasmine French labdanum Patchouli Rose Agarwood (Oud)

Musk Sandalwood Vanille Olibanum

Andy Warhol Fragrance Reviews

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

Love the reviews, having tried this...., there is NOTHING MORE I could say than what most of you guys haven't already covered: Incense, dark, a bit smoky, Oud, Plum, sweet, but not overly sweet, mysterious, purple, mellow, boozy, beast longevity..., BRAVO

marathonmike86
marathonmike86

This right here. Manly vanilla , and plum with a deep smokey feel. Damn it's addictive ! Your gonna get some hair playing from the ladies when you walk by with this on too..

Travis453
Travis453

This does actually remind me of a church also, but it also makes me think of some badass that was out smoking cigars all day while gunning down bad guys. It's sweet, but it's so smokey, it's relaxing but intriguing, it's church but it has a dark side. I guess they really made one that fit Warhol's personality. I just have to wait until winter to wear it now... In the summer this will cause asphyxia.

maxforti
maxforti

Smells very similar to 24 gold-scent story! For the price tag I don't really think it's worth having, there are better options for this scent, NOT a knock your socks off kinda sent!

Scent - 8/10
projection - 7/10
Sillage - 7/10
longevity - 7.5/10
overall - 7.5 fragrance!

nuitnoir
nuitnoir

Pretty unique and so seductive - I love it. Lasts forever but its not that great to have such a price tag!

braen80
braen80

csodas illat és beszerzem :)

hamednoohi
hamednoohi

smells like burberry woman like almost identical

rzetzm
rzetzm

I have had a large sample vial of this for months now. I actually stumbled upon Bond over a year ago looking at "Best fragrances for men 2011." This made the top 10 list.

I probably sniffed it mid summer... maybe in August? Apparently that didn't sit well. Fast forward to January... I was more intrigued. Now I just plain want a bottle!

I can attest that this smells only faintly of incense, but more of smoke. I adore the honeyed, plum, deep, dark fruit base that this fragrance rests on. There's some vanilla and woods... but different types, you can tell there's oud, but it also smells of trees...

Lovely cold/cooler weather scent. Really has me craving that smell.

Mirza
Mirza

It seems i have to try this one but there are not products of bond no.9 in my country :Hoam

TakeABiteOfMe
TakeABiteOfMe

Made in Heaven featuring the Devil.
Absolutely amazing.
Andy Warhol By Bond is one of my favourite perfumes of this brand (with Coney Island and Madison Square Park).
I don't love Bond scents, I find them very subtle and quiet, and I prefer chaotic and theatrical perfumes (Serge Lutens ones, Angel by Mugler, Black Orchid by Tom Ford).
But this is something subtle and gentle, but in an extravagant way.
Incense base, very deep and dark, with olibanum and oud, and a fruity heart of sweet, greedy plum.
And this couple is so strange, but so good!
The oud gives a particular aroma of liquor, plum and vanilla give a pretty twist to this dark blend.
Stunning scent.

Vidalia
Vidalia

This is another incredible bond scent. If you love frankinscence like I do- you will love this fragrance. I was looking for a scent with Frankinscence in it and I finally found one. Worth every cent.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

I grew up Irish Catholic & this totally reminds me of the incense ball that the priests spread around during mass. You know, where it is dangling from the chain and they swing it back & forth over the parishioners. Does anyone else know what I am talking about?? I found the scent very soothing & comforting. I would not buy a FB but I enjoyed trying it out.

aventus88
aventus88

I got a sample from saks and I tried to see people reaction i got good complements but they thought. I was wearing dolce&gabbana The One but more sweeter. Its a good fragrance but is the price is not worth. It.

iMaverick
iMaverick

When I first smelled this, thanks to a great SA at the Bond No. 9 counter, my first reaction was "they finally did it right!" I was comparing it to Silver Factory. When I first smelled SF, I fell in love with its light, woody, incensy smokiness, but later discovered there was an undercurrent of something that smelled urinous, or at least that's how my mind interpreted it. The love was gone...

Andy Warhol is an addition to the study in incense, probably still a work in progress. Striking is the warmth tempered by the incense itself, although I would've exercised a little more restraint in order to fully make obvious the oud note, which just sits inbetween the incense and the plummy sweetness. The amount of oud is perfect--it's not superinjected like many offerings, therefore it doesn't smell sweaty or out of balance.

In humid weather, like where I live most of the time, the scent billows and envelops, but in air conditioned settings, the scent is well tempered, light smoky and sweet.

AW is pricey as with all BNo.9 oud tinged offerings, and as with such high end niche perfumery, I gotta love it to buy it--I only liked it.

Grottola
Grottola

Plum, incense, oud, labdanum. All of these come together to create a sort of less intense, but not-as-satisfying Jubilation XXV. Still, the drydown is seriously one of the few oud-heavy drydowns I'd recommend, and the stuff lasts all day long.

I'd honestly rather get Jubilation XXV, but definitely check this one out.

Scentrist
Scentrist

This probably requires a bit more adjustment, so I can only give some initial impressions.

The plum in the top is nice, not overly sweet, but a pleasant note for the fragrance. I wish it had more of a chance to unfold and develop, which sadly it didn't before the entire mixture evolved into only the distinguishable notes of sandalwood and vanilla. I'm told it's a Madagascar Vanilla, but it's so subdued that it also is underdeveloped and doesn't emerge from the base. And perhaps it's an unfair comparison since I've had the chance to wear Spiritueuse Double Vanille recently, and the Bond pales by comparison.

This isn't bad, but I don't see this as the best effort Bond has put forth. The plum and other elements could have either been explored more fully or removed to make the core elements more pronounced. This is a melange that didn't have much chance to open up beyond a very vanillin/sawdust base. People might examine for the sheer novelty, but this could do with more of a reformulation to bring it from its present state of mediocrity.

$$
$$

Incredible!Sweet but not too sweet like blue sugar or rochas a masculine sweet plum,vanilla,oud,sandlewood great for winter.Last great scent for the class of 2011!!!

Purple seems like the perfect color for the image of Andy Warhol on the bottle of Bond no 9 ANDY WARHOL, because it contains a very inky, plummy, incense perfume. Oddly enough, there is also a very marked peach note, which hovers over the top of the composition and can be teased out by my nose (if I concentrate..) from the more intense purple amalgam which dominates the scent.

The inkiness reminds me a bit of the opening of Lalique ENCRE NOIRE, but the dark plum and peach really make this unique. There is a strong, deep, cooked fruitiness to this composition, without its being very sweet. With such *great* longevity and pretty big sillage, this latest entry in the Bond line up seems to me like a straight-up perfume, not a cologne. I don't think that it is more feminine than masculine, but it definitely has a depth and heft which are more characteristic of women's fragrances than men's. Apply sparingly for full enjoyment. (-;

First impression; I love the presentation but not so much for the scent. I get a weird plumy sweetness throughout, strong patchouli, dry and spicy oud (best part), some sandalwood with a mild spicy kick, and something powdery. It gets sharp silvery smokey later and I suspect it's the frankincense. The scent is heavy at first but will settle down and last a long time. I think this is a unique Bond. I like the smokey and woody quality in here, but this confirms that I am still not a big fan of the plum. In fact, I don't even like to eat plum. :( I would like it better if the sweetness comes from something more oriental like amber. I would to try again tho. Maybe my mind will change about this.

Andy Warhol by Bond No 9 4.56 out of 5 based on 90 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Andy Warhol fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Andy Warhol, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Andy Warhol by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Andy Warhol by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.