Designers » B » Chypre « Groups

Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue Bond No 9 for women and men

Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

The collection dedicated to Andy Warhol, American artist, central figure of pop-art, illustrator, painter, and avant-garde artist in one word, started with the first perfume of the popular brand from New York - Bond No.9.

Third edition of the Andy Warhol collection was named Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue, after the location where Warhol had his first apartment, at 242 Lexington Avenue, very near Murray Hill, on Manhattan. The bottle is cheerful, dynamic and decorated with different colours, with a shoe motif from his old sketches.

The necklace which decorates the bottle is made of sterling silver and has 4 pendants in shape of a shoe, which were also inspired by Warhol's sketches, will be available as limited edition for holiday season. It is creation of Robert Lee Morris, and its launch date would be on September 2008. with suggested retail price $575.

The perfume was created in cooperation with perfumer Claude Dir of Givaudan, and is composed as a chypre-floral one. It consists of blue cypress, fennel and cardamom, the middle notes are made of pink peony, Florentine orris, crème brûlée and pimento berry, and the base includes patchouli and sandalwood.

The perfume Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue is available in two sizes: 50 ml and 100 ml. It will appear on the market next month, when Andy Warhol would have turned 80 years old.

Cypress Cardamom Star Anise Fennel

L’Enfant Terrible

Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue Fragrance Reviews

ejtannster
ejtannster

It starts AMAZING. PLEASE STAY THIS WAY! Will update.

Rose Zircon
Rose Zircon

Majalis Les Parfums De Rosine reminds me of Bond no. 9 Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue..

MAJALIS : sweeter, warmer, spicier, more feminine, more powdery, elegant-powerfull-sexy..

ANDY WARHOL LEXINGTON AVENUE : darker aura, fresher, less spicy, more masculine, just a little hint of powderiness, sweaty-i wanna lick u in bed-sexy.. XD

BOTH ARE complex, stunning, heady, unique, love both.. ;D

StopHammertime

Well, I got a large decant of this frag from a lovely fragrantica member, and have decided this is definitely a love. However, I have to put this in the same catagory as Prada Candy when it comes to sillage and longevity. Both of them smell so great when they are first sprayed, and for the first half hour you are in heaven, but after that it vanishes and you are left wondering where all the $$ you just spritzed yourself with went.
This is a 5 times a day fragrance. I believe my 15 mls will soon be gone, and idk that it will be worth it to buy more after that, considering the sad longevity. This seems to be a recurring issue with Bond No 9 too - I have noticed this with ALL the Bonds I have tried, and I have read it in many reviews. Not all as bad as this one, but I have never had a Bond frag last more than 3 hours on me.

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

This is a love hate fragrance, I fell in love the first time I used it. Smelled the cardamom and it's delicious with the creme brûlée. One time I think I sprayed too much, I think I detected cumin or maybe the cardamom and patchouli combination and my skin chemistry just didn't work well, I detected a BO note and it was sprayed too generously on my forearms. This afternoon while decanting it. Got wafts of the creme brûlée and the burned sugar on top of it, don't think this is like pink sugar with that strong burnt note, it doesn't it's just quite creamy and syrupy sweet at the same time. Yumminess in a bottle. I am currently splitting a 100ml bottle still 60ml up for grabs.

StopHammertime

I currently have a sample of this. I am trying to decide if I love it or not.
An EXTREMELY nice ebay seller included a plethora of gourmand niche samples in with the decant I purchased. It was like this person knew me personally, the samples they sent me were so spot on. Anyway, I gave up on Bond No 9 a while ago, I thought I had tried all the fumes they put out that might be interesting to me and disliked them all. So when I see this bonbon sample in my package, I was like... meh. But all the other samples they had sent me were so perfect that I was like... what the heck, this person knows what's up. So I open up the cute little bonbon and dab some on my knee.
At first I am reminded of an old man. This smells like an old guy's cologne, one that is zealously oversprayed because the dude's sense of smell started to go a while ago. A minute later it starts to smell like the Hallmark store around Christmastime - gingerbread, cinnamon. It dries down to be powdery, kinda like Chanel No 5, kind of retaining the Christmas smell.
Still can't tell if I need to have this oddity or not.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

Received a sample of this from a member. I like the fragrance, but not something I would pay that much for as it is too light for me. Nothing against the fragrance.

mymlan
mymlan

This is such a beautiful fragrance. I was surprised to find Bond Lexington Avenue very similar to Helmut Lang edp (which I also love) eventhough they only share three similar notes; sandalwood, patch and someting sugary. What differs the most in the topnotes is Lexingtons aromatic blend versus the lavender in Lang. I think they are both exquisit fragrances. Lexington oozes of delicate spices and woods and developes slightly sharper than Lang.

After some time Lexington Avenue has mellowed down to a very comfortable slightly sweet woody aromatic scent with low to moderate sillage. Lang becomes much more animalistic in the drydown, it smells very much like warm clean skin. The projection is similar between the scents. Maybe the staying power of Lexington Avenue is slightly better.

The lavender edge and the very animalistic drydown makes Lang a bit more interesting to me. But Lexingtons very enjoyable in its own way. I actually have both on my wantlist. Considering how hard it is to get Helmut Lang today I think it's better to get to know Lexington Avenue. Eventhough all Bond fragrances are very expensive Lexington is still available (now in new packaging), and Lang is not.

robg303
robg303

This is the one fragrance that really brings the holiday season to mind for me.
I must be the cypress, anise and creme brulee that instantly says Christmas?
Of course this fragrance is more than that and speaks differently to everyone.

Lexington Park is a very nice, dry, spicy, gourmand scent, with an aromatic twist, that fans of sweeter oriental fragrances like, Angel and Lolita Lempicka would probably like?

Despite the Andy Warhol shoe art design on the bottle, it's not feminine to me at all, it seems quite universal. So, if you haven't tried this and like the above types of scents, it's different enough from the regular suspects and worth a try.

Good Stuff!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

Creamy, dreamy, spicy goodness! It's soo inviting and cozy, I could wear this all the time. I love the warm spiciness and vanilla sweetness. I'm so bummed though because after 5 minutes, this becomes a skin scent and fades quickly. Projection is poor as well. With that taken into account, I simply can't allow myself to purchase a bottle like I had hoped I would. I've sampled a good deal of Bonds now and this is the softest, most short lived of them all. I sprayed it an hour ago and I can't smell it more than half an inch from my arm. Thankfully there's hope for me because I have Kenzo Jungle L'elephant and it does for me almost what this does and it lasts a long long time!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

A soft gourmand cypre, Lexington is the personification of creaminess. I was obsessed with it after smelling a sample. Price was not appealing at all. But to me it is as womanly as it can get, in a sweet, curvy, sensual and mature way. A maturity that comes from the confidence of feeling beautiful inside and out, rather than age.
It's still has mystery with all the soft spices lurking in the background, mainly cardamom. I don't smell any fennel here, or even star anise. Maybe my nose is playing games? I smell instead plenty of milky vanilla, or rather said a creme brulee that is not very "brulee"? And peony... some insense although not as pious as in Chinatown. Plenty of sandalwood, not too dry, cypress, berries, some patchouli.
I find it so sexy! It's a comfort scent, and it smells like warm skin to me... if you have ever been in love, you must know what I mean... when the impossible to describe scent of that person makes you bury your nose and inhale deeply without saying a word.
From other point of view, it is not as intriguing as I thought originally. It is not as strong as I would have liked, nor it's long lasting enough. Silage is rather soft... in terms of value for the money, well, I am not sure it's there. But it's so beautiful and comfortable, so cuddly and sensual, I cannot help it but spray with abandon and wonder why do almost all delicious things in life have to be so expensive.

rzetzm
rzetzm

The manly innocuous nighttime alternative to Chinatown. It's gourmand, but it doesn't appear to be. Sweet anise cookie with spices of cardamom to round out the opening, then woodsy cedar and sandalwood to round it out...

Delicious! Could last a bit longer on my skin! Only getting about 4 hours out of this one....

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

This was quite an interesting fragrance; it began with a whiff of bright mint, lasting only a second. The mintish note weaved in an out through the first hour or so of the development. The scent then morphed into a lightly gourmand side, reminding me of chocolate, but a good dark chocolate, not too sweet. This did not last long, and as the fragrance went into the final phases, I got interesting and light spice with depth. Might even be full bottle worthy!

Orchidee Nocturne
Orchidee Nocturne

Lovely fragrance. To me it smells 'green' and warm. Sorry, I'm not that great at describing fragrances, but this is more or less the way it smells to me -- one of my favorites from the Andy Warhol series. I also recommend Silver Factory.

Wano
Wano

A nice unisex fragrance, that would go better for women. At start i got a buttery smell, very pleasant, gourmand. And like the french says, everything is better with butter.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

This is gorgeous!

Thanks to a generous Fragrantican, I now own some of this beautiful perfume. The first thing that came to mind when I tried this one is, this is what an absinthe perfume should smell like in order to be wearable. I find a lot of absinthe perfumes too scratchy, dry or bitter. Here the cardamom balances the star anise very well and makes it more gourmand. I know this is a chypre, but the cardamom is so "freshly ground" that it is more a sweet note than a spice note to me.

I love any evergreen type of note so I love the cypress in this. It is a wintery/woody scent, very grounding and comforting. The peony adds a surprising floral note that is very creamy and warm. It renders this perfume very feminine althoug I could see a man's skin pulling more of the sandalwood/cypress notes. Truly unisex. The sandalwood note keeps this blend a little mystical to me. Like a "churchy" smell that I just love in fragrances!

The dry down is very chypre floral on me. An unusual development as I usually get florals first and woods/amber, etc. last.

nannaje
nannaje

Cypress and cold cardamom - funnily enough I kind of like it. It is not sickening and almost has this aromatherapy-feel to it. Calming, smells like an exclusive tea with one drop of peppermint. Not masculine.

aelias
aelias

I just received LA today. It is still summer, but I can imagine how wonderful this one is going to be during the cooler months...This is the third Bond fragrance that I have bought blind, and I have yet to be disappointed. The right man could pull this one off, but I would typically categorize this one as more feminine. These fragrances are among the most unique and classy that I have ever smelled.

bander1401
bander1401

عطر ممتاز ريحه نظافه. لكن. ثباته ضعيف

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

This fragrance to me is a steaming cup of artisanal spiced Hot Chocolate on a cold rainy day -- the epitome of comfort! It just makes me feel loved :) and the feeling is mutual...

spumyland
spumyland

buona fragranza,femminile e dolce.
chypre a tratti e gourmand all'inizio.. poi
si percepisce sopratutto la frutta che qui' sopra non e' menzionata.credo sia albicocca anche perche' a meta' strada somiglia molto a daim blond di serge lutens.
un pizzico piu' giovanile e speziata.
cmq la crema catalana nel finale ce piace!

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Lexington Avenue is a very contradictory scent. I don't usually care for scents in the chypre category, but the notes in this perfume are gourmand, spicy, and soft, making it more appealing to me than a typical chypre. The first 10 minutes of the scent are lively and bright, and then it dries down into a blurry, dreamy, soft blanket of fragrance incense, warmth, and a delicate cinnamon. I get a VERY warm feeling from this perfume, with the slightest hint of peony in the background and finally, the patchouli and sandalwood which add to its appeal. Interesting and pretty scent, more geared toward women than men, IMO.

jtd
jtd

I get no sense of purpose from this perfume. It doesn't use genre, style or its notes toward any particular point. A confused start, a quick deflation, an off-putting sweet, musky-gourmand lingering finish.

Without intention, or a strong statement of form, all one can read into a perfume is that the producer imagines that somebody out there will think it smells nice. That's not enough for me, especially at this price.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Bond N° 9 Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue. My goodness, what a fragrance this is. A lovely lemon bounces off the top in the first five seconds on skin, but it rapidly and seamlessly fades into a magnificent cypress and anise. This duo, boasting total note clarity and separation, gradually (in about five minutes) melds and loses focus, becoming a warm cardamom, pink pepper and patchouli affair. Hints of peach and vanilla emerge in the far periphery, but little else embellishes the sumptuous Christmas candle effect. The fragrance is muted over time with soft peony, cedar, and sandalwood, but remains solid and quite lush for several hours. I suppose the central criticism of AW Lexington Ave is that it's very close to a Yankee Candle smell, the kind you light in early winter, particularly around Christmas. Applied judiciously, it emanates with utter warmth as a sweet and friendly come-hither-by-the-fire scent. Too many sprays, and you're likely to go into cypress and pink pepper overload. Otherwise, this is a beautiful and amiable seasonal fragrance for either sex.

Heverton
Heverton

This one, I found much more to the feminine side, I do not think I could pull it off. I'm finding the smell of Lexington Avenue a little bit confusing with a strange mix that reminds me of those air fresheners. Fruit/spicy/floral aroma all mixed togheter, specially with an opening granted by pear that is very good. (Don't get me wrong, overall it isn't a bad fragrance AT ALL!!)

This perfume is great. It's first chypre that I can wear and it doesn't smell too feminine or too masculine. It has this gourmand sweetness, and I love spicy cardamom, peony, and pronounced patchouli in this. Unusual for me but very wonderful. I love it I wish I bought this instead of Bleecker St, which is also unusual but I hardly want to use it.

Another gorgeous modern chypre by Bond no 9, ANDY WARHOL LEXINGTON AVENUE is a close cousin to BRYANT PARK. I think that Bond has their own unique chypre thing going on here, as I have never smelled this particular genre of chypre anywhere else, yet LEXINGTON AVE and BRYANT PARK really do remind me of one another--and that's a good thing in this case!

The dominant floral of LEXINGTON is peony, in contrast to BRYANT PARK, which features lily of the valley and rose. The former has a very different spice line up as well. Yet somehow the backbone of these frags is the same. I love, love, love 'em! Not too sweet, not too murky, patchouli without the hippy. Floral and spicy and fruity, but all blended together seamlessly. Major wrist-sniffer chypres!

For those looking to acquire one or the other--but not both--LEXINGTON has somewhat better longevity, at least on my skin...

Guuuuuuu!!!! Luvvvlyyyy!!! I tried this perfume in a niche store and, setting apart the crazy pricetag, I enjoyed that till the end. This is a gorgeous intense deep spicy woody scent with a sweet edge and in spite of its intensity it's never cloying.
On my skin it is mostly cypress, allspice and sandalwood: heaven! A warm, cosy heaven for winter!
It's very lively, almost playful, bright and happy. It didn't burn my nose like so many modern mainstream fragrances. It reminds me a lot of old fantastic Guerlain Aroma Allegoria Exaltant with cinnamon and wood notes, a totally uplifting warming scent, sadly discontinued. That said, back to pricetag and on earth, I simply can't afford it.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Quite simply this is absolutely wonderful yumminess! I am so in love the the fresh cypress and the spiciness of the cardamom and allspice that burst right through upon first application. Those notes soften a bit and I smell juicy pomegranate. Then there is an amazing warm, creamy sweetness that is so comforting.

This makes me think of my home on Christmas day. The aromas of spiced pomegranate cider gently warming on the stove, the Christmas pine tree, the warm honey-rich scent of freshly baked pie that is lingering in the air....

Lexington is exciting and comforting at the same time. Love this stuff!

Aalia
Aalia

So spicy, it burns deeeeep in my nose when I inhale...so sugary it hurts my teeth. I love this rich and vibrant concoction. It keeps my senses dancing, and at the same time, makes me swoon.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

A lot of spicy-fruit scents give me the impression of walking through the door of an arts-and-crafts store in the fall, where cinnamon and potpourri fumes abound, and which I can most certainly do without. A lot of scents from Serge Lutens (for reference, see Ambre Sultan, Arabie, and Five O'Clock Au Gingembre), seem to be far too heavy on the spice, and to have skimped on the dark fruits and vanilla.

Lexington Avenue is a good mix of all three, combining hints of plum and fig, with a hearty dose of sandalwood and vanilla (though most of those notes aren't listed in the scent description, I smell them, loud and clear). There's a hint of almonds and something brighter - more alluring and not fruity or foody, yet yummy and imaginative.

I didn't expect to like this one at first; it seemed unoriginal. But as time wore on, I noticed how well-blended it is, and how it remains spicy and fruity without ever wandering off into dessert, or crafts-store territory. I added it to my wish list because I've yet to find a scent that does an autumnal spiced-fruits theme any better than does Lexington Avenue. However, unlike 99% of the people who like this fragrance, I'm not a huge fan of the bottle itself and wish it were a clear glass bottle decorated with shoes instead of an opaque one, as those always makes me dread that moment when the last spray comes out and you're unexpectedly left with an empty bottle.

debbborra
debbborra

I thought I had a bon bon of the Astor Place. I put it on and smelled candied fruit anise, some spice - I couldn't think what, and sandalwood. Later I thought, oh maybe a little patchouli as well. Of course, when I got to work and looked at the notes I was all shades of confused. I just realized what went wrong - I have Lexington Ave not Astor Place. Everything but the fruit. This is a happy scent. It reminds me of holiday candles. I think I prefer it for winter, but I don't think it needs to be worn in winter exclusively. The longevity was not impressive, but it was reasonable.I could smell it for about three and a half hours.

mariotgomez

Today I was inspired by a dessert a friend made: Creme Brule with bits of course Black Volcanic Salt.

I enjoyed this scent because it does remind me of a cream brule (my favorite dessert). So using the sample I have, I decided to mix it with Bond No. 9: Coney Island (smells like margaritas to me).

The end result is you are left with the creaminess of this fragrance with hints of saltiness from Coney Island.

I am going to have to purschase a bottle of AW: Lexington Avenue because this combination was truly remarkable.

Update: AW Lexington Ave added to collection 10/2009.

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

Forget Lolita Lempicka, Jean Paul Gaultier, and of course Angel Man. If you want something with a Gooooood/Sweet Smell go with this, bit pricy, but hey....... you live once!.

mariotgomez

Bond No. 9 Fragrances have a way of seducing you. This one, the lastest to the Warhol Collection takes a different approach to the seduction.

First, you are welcomed with the scent of slightly sweet & spicy berry notes. You can smell some flowers near by but unable to locate them. Wondering "what is that amazing floral scent?"

After serveral hours, the dry down is introduced. Imagine yourself in a nice restaurant after a great meal, the waiter brings to you a creme brule. You can smell the sugar that has just been torched. The caramelized sugar notes leaves you wanting more.

Bond No. 9 does it again. They are truly worth the price. I have yet to be disappointed.

Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue by Bond No 9 4.22 out of 5 based on 198 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.