Designers » B » « Groups

Andy Warhol Montauk Bond No 9 for women and men

Andy Warhol Montauk Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

Andy Warhol Montauk Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures Andy Warhol Montauk Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

Andy Warhol Montauk by Bond No 9 is a fragrance for women and men. Andy Warhol Montauk was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Laurent Le Guernec. Top notes are bergamot, bay leaf and blueberry; middle notes are hyacinth, honeysuckle and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are maple, oak, amber and driftwood.

Bergamot Bay Leaf Blueberry

Hyacinth Honeysuckle Lily-of-the-Valley

Maple Oak Amber Driftwood

Chrome Legend
Montauk

Andy Warhol Montauk Fragrance Reviews

Travis453
Travis453

Had a smell of this while on the hunt for another Bond. Sprayed it on the skin and instantly thought that it was too feminine... About an hour later I couldn't stop sniffing my arm where I had applied it. It is just a wonderful summer fragrance that works amazingly with the heat. When I smell it I just think of summer air and it gives off this amazing almost chalky type scent that really draws me in. After I smelled this I fell in love with it and the manhunt to get the Warhol bottle began!

scentualMan
scentualMan

I think this one gets a bad rep when not sampled from a sprayer vs. dabbing it from a vial (I made this mistake myself). This fragrance is not only long lasting (8hr+ on a single spray to the neckline) but it has noticeable sillage and its genuinely a unique fragrance. And although it may bear a slight resemblance to KC Black and Bleeker Street, the blueberry note + plus aquatic florals push it into its own class, clearly distinguishing it from the other two. I love use of maple and oak - these woods are so seldom used in perfumery and they buttress the scent leaving a long lasting impression.

So, if you want something that blends the best of KC Black & Bleeker Street, combining them into a fresh aquatic that's truly original, then it is worth every penny because it lasts and projects like a TRUE EDP. Not to mention, this smells natural and smooth, where KC Black is sharp and synthetic. I wouldn't spend money on KCB, even though the aroma is pleasant

zenmonkey
zenmonkey

Recently picked up a sample of this after reading some reviews. Honestly I cannot say this is a great fragrance. Reminded me of both nautica voyage and lacoste essential. Not entirely like either, but has some major notes of both. For the money I would say pass on this one and keep looking.

rzetzm
rzetzm

I received this cologne as a gift, and while it isn't a poor scent - I actually got complemented several times wearing it (irony...) - I wouldn't buy it. To me, it smells so completely similar... if you mixed euphoria by calvin klein and egoiste by chanel - bam - here's your scent.

Having worn both in the past I will say that I finally have seen a bit of mimicry on Bond's part. This is something I'm absolutely familiar with. If you haven't smelled it and it smells amazing to you - great! Get some for yourself. But for me, it's already been done over, multiple times.

B+ for smell, C- for originality.

Edit: Found the scent. Chrome Azzaro Legend.

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

Seeing as the same perfumer - Laurent Le Guernec - whose work I either love (eg: Washington Square, Harrods Swarovski Ltd. Edition Oud, NY Oud, Brooklyn) or loathe (High Line, many of his Bond feminines) did both Montauk as well as Hugo Boss Pure, it should perhaps come as little surprise that there are many similarities between the two.

Montauk is one of the smooth and cucumbery aquatics rather than a melony or ozonic peppery aquatic. It's actually kind of cucumbery and floral, although there is a bit of an herbal dimension as well provided by the bay leaf. If you've smelled Boss Pure, Montauk is similar but thanks to bay, spicier, and also just feels fuller, deeper and richer. The hyacinth is ramped up in Montauk, making it not only spicier but also more floral, and the black currant adds a bit of fruitiness and berries to the mix.

Again, I'll say that if you've smelled Boss Pure, just imagine that scent as being slighter richer and deeper in each of its facets, and you'll have something quite like Montauk. Montauk is more colorful and probably the better scent *unless* you are looking for a very bare bones watery aquatic with no adornment (of which Boss Pure is one of the best, imo), but neither scent is particularly my style or anything I feel compelled to own.

I don't know if my review sounded positive, neutral, or negative. I think Montauk (and Boss Pure) are decent scents in the aquatic category, but I think Versace PH bests the both of them (it has a number of similarities, including a noticeable hyacinth note, but has much more development, interest and intrigue along its evolutionary path).

Dougczar
Dougczar

Put this on a few minutes ago for the first time. Smelled VERY familiar... Then started reading these reviews - Kankuro and sherapop got it just right - smells like Bleaker Street - and like Kenneth Cole Black! I happen to love all 3. However, when you factor in the price, it's kind of a no-brainier - get the KC Black, and spend the rest on another of your favorite things...
So, I like Montauk - but its not original. Nor is it worth the price. But Kenneth Cole Black at a fraction of the price sure is!

Another sad joke by Bond No.9. A boring and generic fresh woody fragrance sold at high-end prices. It opens with a green and fresh bergamot note to quickly evolve into a woody drydown. Nicely executed but way too similar to countless (cheaper) compositions of the same genre. Otrageous.

Grottola
Grottola

I was eagerly anticipating trying Montauk, as Montauk is probably my favorite beach in the whole wide world and all the times I've stayed there with family it's just been wonderful. It really is a great place, and to me, beats going to the Hamptons any day. However, virtually any part of Long Island is simply beautiful.

So after smelling and enjoying Hamptons, Montauk can't be that bad, right? Well, it's certainly not unpleasant, but it's nothing special either. Montauk is another standard issue woody aquatic characterized by the cucumber-like note of calone. In fact, I'm reminded a lot of Bulgari Aqua Marine or any other recent "fresh" scent of the type. Montauk has excellent longevity and projection.

It's not a BAD fragrance, but Montauk is just another aquatic in a sea of millions. I've smelled this before in Bulgari, the cK one flankers.... it just gets old, and for the price, it should be something exceptional (especially when representing the best beach in the world!)

If you're a fan of aquatics, give this a go, but it didn't impress me.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

Even though this did not POP as I would like for my colognes too, I really liked this one. I opened myself to the idea of unisex and even fragrances suggested for women and this one is definitely on the list. It definately is a nice of for romance when you and that certain someone will be close to one another.

I think Montauk smells like a combination of Bleecker St, Wall St, and Hamptons. It is somewhat sweet. It has a fruity berry start, then bergamot shows up; making the scent a bit citrusy fresh. Then it gets mild floral smell with strong woodsy notes and a trace of musky amber at the very end. Because I don't really get much flower out fo this, I say it's more masculine than feminine to me. The scent is very pleasant and inoffensive. It has a bite or something sharp as well. It's a character that I get from all Bond fragrances, which I don't mind. The bottle is beautiful and I am very glad that I have one.

In addition, it reminds me of Creed Aventus because of its fruity woody character. Montauk is not as masculine as Aventus however. It is lighter and more feminine in comparison to Aventus.

Bond no 9 ANDY WARHOL MONTAUK smells very similar to BLEECKER STREET (to most, this observation will be but obscurum per obscurius, I know...).

I have noticed in my travels through the ever-expanding universe of Bond no 9 (who for some reason have fragrances named NEW ORLEANS and TEXAS, though neither to my knowledge is a neighborhood in NYC!) that they tend to produce clusters of olfactory offerings. MONTAUK is very close on the olfactory map--if not their arbitrary assignment of scents to neighborhoods--to the coordinates of BLEECKER STREET.

Blueberries combined with green culinary herbs (there thyme; here bay leaves), along with wood. Mix these components up with a few light florals, and the resultant two products will indeed smell more similar to one another than either will probably smell to anything else. So it's no mystery how MONTAUK came about: they found another cool bottle, tweaked the BLEECKER recipe, and voilà: a new release. The most notable distinction between the two is the suede note in the drydown of BLEECKER, which is not present in MONTAUK, making the latter a slightly lighter fragrance, but with a very similar overall effect.

MONTAUK, like BLEECKER, is more masculine than feminine and best suited for warmer weather. If you like either, you'll like both. And if not, not!

Kankuro
Kankuro

Today, I had the chance to try Andy Warhol Montauk. I was really curious about this fragrance because I love the smell of blueberry and driftwood. And I love the idea of a sunset fragrance. After the first spray I was shocked!!

In the opening, I can detect a big bergamot, mixed with some aroma chemicals, who are supposed to smell like the ocean (maybe it's calone?). But instead of the ocean, I get a simple and synthetic citrus, wich smells like dozens of other mens fragrances. Kenneth Cole Black, for example, is similar. Or Hugo Element. And some Axe deo-sprays are also similar. After an hour, I can only smell a quiet and cheap wood.

Montauk is the worst Bond fragrance ever! It smells cheap. This is a standart mix of synthetics and every perfumer can do something like this in a few minutes. Boring and uninspired. NEXT!

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

This is a great fragrance for the Spring/Summer.

It comes on strong at first, but it does warm down quickly and stays close to the skin.

The the combination of bergamote, bay leaf and black current have a natural blueberry smell finish. It is pleasant but short lived. The hyacinth, honeysuckle & lily-of-the-valley give more of a sweetness to the blend, instead of a feminine floral characteristic.

Each time I have worn this scent, the warm down reminds me of a rainy day on the beach with the scent of driftwood.

I have come to love the collaboration of Laurent Le Guernec & Laurice Rahme.
This scent is on my want list and will be added to my collection eventually. At the moment, I am enjoying the other Bond No. 9's in my collection.

Summary:
- a light scent when in the mood to wear something close to the skin. It will invite people to come in closer to smell you.
- longevity: 3 - 4 hours.
- worn by both sexes.
- I agree with drswonder, "It gets more interesting the longer you wear it."

drswonder
drswonder

Got this and what's interesting is that it's basically a top-notes-straight-to-bottom-notes fragrance. You get citrus, and you get woods. The floral notes are not there, as far as I can tell. Therefore, it seems to lean masculine as far as my nose is concerned. Having said that, I will say that it gets more interesting the longer you wear it . . . almost to a Top-notes, bottom notes, then mid-notes type of composition, smooth and soothing. Not the best Bond (my favs are Wall Street, Bleeker Street, Hamptons, Riverside Drive, and Brooklyn), but definitely the best of the Warhol collection. Advertised as a Summer frag, but I can envision it as a year round one.

mocha43
mocha43

I got this as a sample and have tested it at least 3 times. It starts out with a strong citrus scent that develops into---nothing much. All I know is the citrus is gone, leaving only a vaguely woody? scent behind. Dissapointing to say the least.

Andy Warhol Montauk by Bond No 9 3.72 out of 5 based on 73 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Montauk fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Montauk, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Andy Warhol Montauk by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Andy Warhol Montauk by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.