Designers » B » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Andy Warhol Silver Factory Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

smoky
Andy Warhol Silver Factory Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

Winter brought us the new fragrance from Bond No. 9, carrying the name of the famous Andy Warhol. The full name of this perfume is Andy Warhol Silver Factory. Andy Warhol is an American artist, born in Pennsylvania in 1928, who became the central figure of the American artistic movement Pop Art. He proved to be an exquisite commercial illustrator, painter, creator of avangard movies, records producer – all in all, very important person in the American art society circles. He did Coca Cola graphics, portraits of many celebrities – Marylyn Monroe and Elisabeth Taylor amongst them. He designed shoes, made movies, did sculptures. Controversial and always in the centre of social happenings, Warhol opens The Factory in 1963, his new York original studio in East 24th Street, its walls covered in tin silver foil, tinsel and silver paint. Warhol himself often decorated interior with silver balloons. Silver, broken mirror pieces and foil marked the 60s. Those few years that the studio was opened are known as the Silver Era, not so much due to the design, more for decadent behavior, prodigality, drugs and parties (the spirit of the 60s). All the celebrity actors, musicians, movie artists, debutant, all of those attached to art, movie industry and music, worked with Warhol: Salvador Dali, Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan etc. The famous song by Lou Reed, Walk On The Wild Side, was inspired by a superstar that is addicted to Warhol’s Silver Factory. The Factory was opened till 1968, when the studio transferred on the 6th floor of a building on 33 Union Square West. The Silver Factory fragrance, designed by Aurelien Guichard, is soft, smoky scent, wrapped in veil of incense, woody notes and amber. Flowers flourish at the heart: jasmine, iris and violet, the favorite flower of Andy Warhol, bringing, along with iris, metal accord to the composition. Base notes include: bergamot, mildly bitter grapefruit, lavender, violet, amber, jasmine, iris, a mix of wood resins, sweet vanilla and sensual cedar wood. The bottle graphics were inspired by the work of this famous pop art artist. In 1956, he designed package for Campbell’s Soup Can and charged the graphics 1500$, each signed can sold at the price of 6$. This fragrance was introduced as unisex. Warhol once said: „Another way to take up more space is with perfume. I really love wearing perfume” (he also asked to be buried with a bottle of the perfume Beautiful). Andy Warhol Silver Factory was launched in 2007.

Lavender Grapefruit Bergamot

iris Violet Jasmine Incense

Amber Cedar resins

Andy Warhol Silver Factory Fragrance Reviews

Gwizz
Gwizz

Hard to believe this doesn't have a tobacco note listed, because it's the stand out note to me, along with a delightful incense, some other resins and a citrus twist in the opening and some leather in the dry down (another note I don't see listed - maybe I'm losing it?). I find longevity isn't amazing with this, 4-5hrs and it doesn't throw that far, but the scent itself is delightful in my book. Not as sharp as many of the serious incense offerings and the citrus helps this fragrance lend itself somewhat to the warmer months as well, something I don't think many incense fragrances would claim. I'm not one for analogies, so I'm unsure what this has to do with Warhol, but it's a lovely scent if you're into tobacco and incense. Can't say I've found the pair playing together too often and I'm sure some will argue with me on the tobacco note, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Thumbs up.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Lackluster. 2 or 3 hours max for longevity with silage being very low. I reapllied a few hours ago and only get a trace of it. Kudos for those getting over 6 hours. It smells nice but that's about it.

antihero
antihero

A perfect incense fragrance. Smoky, gorgeous and rich, resinous with depth. As a woman I can easily wear fragrances a bit masculine in my most loved scents, the masculine gives the fragrance a seductive quaility; a sensual feel to me.
I love this. A favourite right now.
Aurelien Guichard created this and Chinatown, which I also own and love. A genius perfumer; an amazing fragrance.
Absolutely unisex. Longevity 8+ hours.

Highly recommend trying if you love incense fragrances.

murysusanto
murysusanto

I heard this one was formulated for the middle eastern market where incense, musk, amber and oud plays important role. I had a smell today and it was strong, I think it is not for anytime use, certainly for some occasion. Wow...I mean very strong and definitely 8 hours and above kind of fragrance.

RayFlash
RayFlash

It'a a nice, safe scent, but it smells like heavily diluted Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui. Unispiring. I can't find much of Andy Warhol's spirit here, sadly.

The price is humorous. ;-)

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

It is remarkable that somebody can bring us so identical aura, feeling.
This frag is exactly like oilpainting on canvas.
True art-gallery vibe!

Later the feeling goes lighter and incense plays the main roll.

Very unisex. Very uncommon scent.

L'amoureux

I hated this at first and now I love it and I want a bottle.

I tried this back in 2011 and I truly questioned, "Why the hell did Bond think they could possibly sell this to people?"

The initional spray is polarizing!

It's pungent with a cigarette sentiment I couldn't make peace with. If you can get past that, then you can experience Silver Factory's true benevolence.

A sweet-musky, aromatic fougere scent that envelops a tender and pure jasmine and lavender accord.

This fragrance takes me somewhere:

Imagine being happily held captive in a adequately-humid rainforest preserve. What's your your attire? a creme, organic, long-sleeved loosefitting henley, grey cargo shorts, and hiking shoes by Vibram (or Clark's sandals) ; as you sit amidst big boulders covered in youthful, green and appealing moss, you're lightly spritzed by mist from the stream's waterfall that the deer drink from while idling with their ken as they wonder through the joyful ferns along the stream. You are calm, for you are on the verge of acquiring inner peace. As you recline and ponder the universes greatest gift to mankind (that is, nature), you can die happy, in this moment, with a great sense of fulfillment.

SF shares the same DNA as Kilian Musk Oud. I enjoy this one more. It must be the oud or vauge, animalistic vibe that strikes Kilian MO down. MO is still wearable.

Travis453
Travis453

Awesome scent that really embodies the whole persona of Andy Warhol. I can almost imagine being in the Silver Factory with this on. I just imagine the smoky incense filled atmosphere of the Silver Factory through this fragrance. I actually like many others had to acquire the taste for this one, and it is the very one that got me into the world of Bond no. 9. Great fragrance. On a side note, if I'm hungry and I smell this I am suddenly starving, what in the world??

Another failed sandalwood on me. Doughy, resinouns wood with unbelievable staying power. The boozy resins are divine, but the sticky, doughy wood note kills everything else. I get none of the floral or citrus notes at all. Nothing but wood resin and a sticky sweet foody vanilla that smells like uncooked dough. Won't scrub off either. Good for those who like it, but on me it was an exercise in frustration and faint nausea.

fuggerone
fuggerone

the classic scent for smelling kinky at work and you love trailing women after you..yes, this juice has magic!

Rose Zircon
Rose Zircon

Bond no.9 andy warhol silver factory
Unique
Masculine
Oriental
Exotic
Elegant
Slightly Misterious - from incence (but not too overwhelming, perfect dose)
For Calm & Collected - Man (not for a boy-in-heart)
Although its categorized as unisex, i humbly think its too masculine for women (for me at least)..
Smells Expensive, Luxurious.. Great for dress-up in tuxedo
Confident but not showy or flashy
Not a fresh type fragrance, but clean enough, so it's not too heavy
It's like a fresher & masculine version of Cartier's Le Baiser Du Dragon..
It's a WOW fragrance in a good way.. Love it.. ;D

Cereza
Cereza

A rather safe unisex scent, very pleasing for the nose and pleasing for the crowd as well, stayed very close to skin even after 5 sprays, the initial blast was an incense with sweet undertones of amber and a sharp/clean edge of lavender. I did not get any cedar, nor flowers in this.
The dry down is a lovely incense - amber combo, very subtle and easy to enjoy. Unfortunately I am not satisfied as from the name I expected something more interesting, but in return I got a rather boring office-safe incense.

rzetzm
rzetzm

As I sit in a heaven of Silver Factory, I contemplate my initial dislike for this scent. Dislike being a weak word - I couldn't imagine why someone would want to smell of stinky smoke. Pricey, stinky smoke, at that. I moved on and kept sniffing, though a lingering smokiness persisted until I could smell some nearby coffee beans to clear my senses...

I decided recently to play around with a bunch of scent samples, and I picked this amongst a plethora of others...

Beyond an elementary description of smokey, I find it difficult to capture the true essence that defines this fragrance. Mixed with it is definitely a balmy, waxy, resinous quality. Remember church incense? The way the burning fire (burnt) mixed with the incense (sweet & resinous) to create something magical? I know, church incense is probably NOT high on your list of things you want to smell like, but remember, this is but one unique aspect of this stuff...

Sillage and longevity are incredible. Having recently acquired a full bottle I have been able to play around with this. The results have been amazing. First and foremost, you get the incense, smokey, very fresh wood-chip quality that never really seems to go away. It does fade gracefully, but that odor is always detectable. Nicely done.

There's something archaic about this. Perhaps it is the memories of long, long ago when I went to church in catholic grammar school, or perhaps something else. During the drydown of this scent, and it only takes about 10-15 minutes for me to smell, the cedar gradually pokes its head out and grows stronger with time. I do detect some jasmine and lavender behind all of that smokey incense. Even with the notes in front of me, I'm having a hard time picking out the other floral notes.

I find this scent enticing, alluring, and captivating. If someone passed by me smelling of this, I'd have to wonder - or even stop them to ask - what in the world they're wearing. Because this scent is different, well-composed, and beautiful. And it's 100% unisex; I would have a difficult time deciding who this smelled best on. I love it.

My only con to this is longevity. I get about an hour to an hour and a half of this beauty.

Kamet1973
Kamet1973

Andy Warhols Silver Factory opens with lots of warm amber, sweet incense and a boozy quality. This is soon countered by the iris, which when joined with the smoke produces an idea of cold metal. It isn't a metal accord as such as you would get in secretions magnifiques. It is like drinking a sweet liquid from a perfectly clean aluminium can. It is like the sugar and the cold sharp opening of the tin. It is also the fizz of the liquid around the sharp metal. Factory is the keyword here. Rather than it smelling like a olfactory representation of the New York underground it is a representation of the tin cans, silver foil, screen printing, black and white films and amphetamines. It is sharp, clean and silver but also warm and boozy

deadidol
deadidol

I'm wearing this right now. I don't find it to be as incense-y as other fragrances (CDG, Kilian), but it is very nice. There's definitely a metallic note (cedar?) than remains once the initial notes have dropped--which I don't like as much, but it doesn't detract from the overall experience. If you want a sharp, biting incense, I don't think this is it as it's more subdued and blended than others. I'd align it to CDG's Avignon, Kilian's Incense Oud, and maybe even KyotoMilk's Bulletproof although the Bond #9 is softer than all of those.

Wano
Wano

Intriguing, addictive, beautiful. On paper, flowers and incense don't sound appealing at all, but it works. Nothing else is comparable. I can understand people that compare it to Killian Incense Oud, but this one is better. The more you wait the more fascinating it become. You get at the dry down one of the best amber on the market, comparable to Air du Desert Marocain, Tom Ford's Amber Absolute, and better that any amber from Serge Lutens, L'Artisan Parfumeur or Anick Goutal. Everyone talk about New Haarlem, but this one deserve at least as most attention. My favorite from Bond no 9.

Mals86
Mals86

My thanks to jtd for his comparison of AW Silver Factory to CdG 2 Man, which I also love.

I am enjoying the iris+incense+metallic notes.

Garyjames
Garyjames

I love a deep, beautiful incense scent and this is just that. Only there's a note that smells like 'grandma' that I find off-putting and almost disturbing. Is it iris? I'm not sure. Either way this is a pretty good composition and the best of the Bonds I've tried so far.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Mmm waxy smoky incense and slightly sweet resins.

I love the concept of this perfume, the smell does make me picture a bunch of bohemians smoking and just lounging around making great art with paints and inks , smoke filling the air. It's a clear, smooth and thick smell. It's unique like the movement it represents, love it.

I think this would be good any season , day and night.

L'amoureux

I'll never understand why people like this stuff. I'll admit that there are somethings you appreciate after not liking it, then you end up loving it for different reasons. This is not one of those for me, never will it be. I'll try it again to most likely establish that. The bottle did intrigue me, but the fragrance was so rude.

K1
K1

Perhaps it's because of my Middle Eastern olfactory - that is accustomed to incensey, woody and sharp warm erotic tones - that this product seems routine at least among niche perfumes, but I confess it's premium both in quality and presentation of oriental scent.
It's so charming near to Arabian fragrances with a hint of modern western urban theme which links to orientals with incense waxy theme. Plays well on skin especially on women; a perfect night perfume in a private ceremony, more precisely, if you be the host.
It opens sharp citric and incense/amber/wood at the base. So charming but for the price tag, actually I don't suggest cause you can get on with many niche perfumes that are cheaper and present the same quality.

huzayfa
huzayfa

Dont like it. Waay to balmy. once it settled down after an hour it was better. But initially it is too balmy and thick.

With that being said it is a uniqe scent. Ive never smelled anything like it. But if i did, i would probably run away.

Grade: D-

The initial waft of Bond no 9 ANDY WARHOL SILVER FACTORY is very boozy--almost a vodka-like scent. Swiftly thereafter, the incense note takes center stage, but not in the typical way. I'm not sure whether what I smell as "inkiness" other people are describing as metallic, but it could be that we are perceiving this unique quality (what do mark both SILVER FACTORY and WARHOL off as quite distinct from other incense perfumes) in different ways.

Compared to ANDY WARHOL, the recent (2011) launch from this house, SILVER FACTORY seems somewhat more masculine, in part because of the relative absence of dark compote-like fruits (which are dominant in WARHOL). So although both are incense perfumes, they are very different. The drydown of SILVER FACTORY is really very lovely, with more florality than fruitiness (as in WARHOL, which has a dark plum and a rich peach note). Both of these AW incense perfumes are worth checking out by anyone willing to sniff outside of the orthodox cologne box, so to speak.

The "inkiness" or "metallic" quality may not work with everyone's physiology, so although I happen to like these compositions, I would not recommend purchasing them without a full day's wear.

aeli
aeli

- Love Love Love this one!

- Very spicy at first, still spicy and very unique scent after it dries, that makes people ask you what amazing EDP you're wearing!

- I love many of Bond No.9's Perfumes, but generally the Andy Warhol ones don't last a long time on your skin (in my opinion). This one definitely does.....

- Great retro design bottle and awesome spicy Perfume.

While Silver Factory is one of the very few compositions from the Bond No 9 range that I enjoy, I still believe that it's not particularly brilliant. A modern and well crafted waxy iris/frankincense composition that brings to mind of a couple of fragrances by Comme Des Garcons and Lutens. Opens austere with citruses and incense galore while iris adds the waxy effect. Dries down sweetish and ambery/woody.

Said that, If you're ready for the challenging price tag, go ahead but be aware that Carthusia 1681 does basically the same thing for much less than half the price.

jtd
jtd

Does anybody else see Bond, as a marketing product, as Creed with a different fetish? Both rely on a symbolism of affluence and privilege. Creed's ancestor worship, prestige and mythology-as-history give the air of a quality that only pedigree can grant. Bond relies on neighborhood chic. The brand deals the currency of privilege and exclusivity of NYC real estate in the same manner that Creed manages lineage. (Please just give me one crack in the image of either. Offal Millesime from some disavowed pervy great uncle or Bond's Gowanus Canal Superfund.)

I'm cynical about schtick, and Bond's is ridiculous. But Andy Warhol Silver Factory is a sensational take on the incense/floral. The floral note centers on a beautifully high-pitched iris, and the incense is resinous, not at all smoky, and wonderfully sharp. This doesn't smell like church and it doesn't simply smell like olibanum oil. The shiny metallic note (silver, get it?) is the common link between the iris and the incense.

I find AWSF quite unlike the other incense perfumes of the mid-2000s, an era that gave us some gorgeous incenses. l'Artisan's Timbuktu is a deconstruction/rebuild of incense with woods and fruit. CDG's Avignon and Heeley's Cardinal riffed on the smoky church. Jubilation XXV emphasized frankincense's voluptuousness. I find AWSF closest in approach, though not outcome to CDG 2 Man. Each takes a particular aspect of incense, CDG's smoke and flame, AWSF's metallic chill, and builds a portrait. AWSF also smartly refers to a direct predecessor, taking Bond's Chinatown's cool resinous incense base as a leaping-off point. Which leads me to my ubiquitous fandom of Aurélien Guichard, author of both Chinatown & AWSF. This guy makes some gorgeous perfumes.

But back to Bond as a line. I spent more on Chinatown than I have on any other single perfume. These two perfumes warrant high price points, but the other 10-12 Bond's I've sniffed don't. Not by a long shot.

jcastano
jcastano

I don't understand what is so appealing about this scent. It's REPULSIVE, and I don't say that too often. It smells boozy and ridiculously metallic. It reminds me of silver cleaner mixed with whiskey or something along those lines. Yuck!!! With a hefty price tag, I can't understand how anyone would drop so much money on something like this but then again it is pretty unique so I guess if that's what you're looking for, go ahead and make your wallet scream.

Oddly enough, after 4 hours, this turns into a very pleasing musky woody-citrus scent. It's almost a different scent entirely! Still, not worth the wait nor the price! I pass!

silentrich
silentrich

Should have been named "Hippy Factory!" Overly synthetic, over price, and like most other Bonds will never get compliments. Why? Because it smells like crap!

mickers
mickers

Gorgeous incense fragrance!!! The main players in this are Iris and Incense. The iris in this is sweet and waxy. It creates a balmy effect. Right along side is the incense. There is also a touch of violet and a touch a jasmine to compliment. After a couple of hours the cedar comes out to join the fun. This fragrance after the 5 hour mark hits the base and all I'm left with is amber. I love amber but I wish I would have gotten more longevity out of the heart. I get about 10-12 hours out of this one and projection in great. Almost a perfect fragrance for me.

guest_Vespasianne
guest_Vespasianne

I'm starting to think that if Bond 9's expensive fragrance line were better, they'd prolly have made samples more accessible; however, like "Silver Factory," they seem to be stunningly lackluster, so it must be beneficial for them to have fewer people who are curious enough shell out the bucks to try these works rather than let everyone know (via samples) what mediocre creations they truly are. Very sad and VERY disappointing.

mymlan
mymlan

I really looked forward to try Silver Factory as I'm a bit intrigued by citrus-lavender notes, but SF developes immediately to a sweet woody scent on my skin. Too bad, for that price I was hoping for a more accentuated bone structure. Jicky is next to try, classic Guerlain fragrances haven't dissapointed me yet.

It smells very nice though, just a bit too monotone for me.

mocha43
mocha43

Incense takes me back to the 60's and music by The Velvet Underground. Then the cedar and grapefruit come through. It is nice but I, personally would not spring for a pricey, full bottle. Mine is a bon bon sample.

mal23
mal23

I do not like any scent that dominates with incense. This one does that. I wanted to like it but it is not for me.
Overall 6/10

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Bonds seem to be hit or miss with me, and this one manages to be both. When it starts off, it's probably the nicest cedar fragrance that I have ever smelled. The first thing out of the vial is a strong blast of incense, which I love in and of itself, but it quickly evolves into something that mimics the woody smell of my grandmother's red cedar chest along with whatever perfume remnants were in the wood from the items that had been stored in it over the years. The violet and iris are in there, but stay in the background. Thankfully, the top notes, especially the lavender, are overpowered by the incense for a good long time. Unfortunately, the lavender resurfaces after a few hours, combining with the cedar to produce something that smells like the typical generic "men's cologne". Ugh. The first half was lovely, the second half was thoroughly disappointing.

Robert White
Robert White

This is the first fragrance from another perfumer that smells EXACTLY like something by Serge Lutens and Christopher Sheldrake. A dense and attention getting spicy oriental that smells a lot like Lutens Cedre, but without the undernote of bad dental hygeine that makes Cedre, frankly, repulsive to my nose. And I like most Lutens perfume. I will probably buy this online at the end of June. Bob says check it out.

lilith
lilith

'Far out' & 'Groovy'..This scent encapsulates the feel & time of Andy Warhol's Silver Factory era. A time of decadent behaviour and experimentation in all fields of life. Sex, drugs and rock'n' roll. I know, it's a typical cliche, but a true one. The famous and the infamous of the art, movie and music world would party hard and create masterpieces that transgend history because of 'the Silver Factory'. This scent is like a drug, one whiff and you are transported back to 1963. You can taste the silver metallicness in the lavender and citrus,enjoy the suttleness of the Iris and violet & be enveloped in the burning, smokey incense and cedar oil. Close your eyes and take a wild trip into the world of the artists. Mick Jagger, Lou Reed, Bob Dylan & Andy Warhol himself to name a few ..See them, taste the, smell them... Their pure esense all in one liquid. Try it once and you will be addicted....

rebella
rebella

OMG, only had wear it for a coupple of minutes and I am stunned. So incredible gorgeus... A fragrance to walk trough fire for.

Better review later, I just needed to write down what a marvel this perfume is! Citrusy fresh and yet dirty...

veruska
veruska

This is one of the most admired new Bond scents from perfume blogs and fans. Atfirst i find it overrated but slowly i found myself like it more and more.It starts with an acidic citrus note laced with lavender before a quiet jasmine takes the center stage. This is described as an incensey iris, but i can't smell any of it.Still i love ti till the Rich morrocan spice market drydown.Although it doesn't match others description on my skin i'm warming up on this.

mariotgomez

Today in SF & the East Bay is a foggy and chilly morning. I was in the mood for something warm and sensual.

Andy Warhol Silver Factory is a smoky & spicy scent. This fragrance throws me back into an era of earthy wearing fragrances.

It is a beautiful blend of floral (jasmine & iris), incense, tangy citrus (grapefruit) with a hint of sweetness (amber & resin).

By the way, this is now in my collection.

mariotgomez

When I first tried this fragrance, I did not care for it. Once the sales person gave me a couple samples of this, I began to wear it and enjoy how it would develop on my skin. I have placed this fragrance on my "Want It" list. It has a nice earthy scent to it that takes you back to the era of the 60's or 70's.

guest_andyconda
guest_andyconda

This fragrance I had mixed reviews but I gave it a chance and smell awesome after it wears out a little.

Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No 9 4.19 out of 5 based on 261 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.