Designers » B » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York Bond No 9 for women and men

Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

Bond No.9 introduced the 4th fragrance from the Andy Warhol collection, named Andy Warhol Success is a job in New York, its bottled marked with the dollar sign $. The perfume is warm, spicy – gourmand and it opiates just like the money, captivating you with its aromas if you sniff it.

The bottle shape is identical to the previous Bond No.9 editions, only this time it is decorated with stylized dollar graphic and colored in colors from Warhol’s 1981 collection – Dollar Signs. Coral colored dollar is on the front of the bottle, and light blue one is on the back.

The composition includes spicy citrus start of coriander, cardamom, mandarin, bergamot, and the heart of jasmine, tuberose, rose, plum and pepper. Oriental base is made out of vanilla, patchouli and amber.

The fragrance Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York has been available in 50 and 100 ml bottles since the 1st of October 2009 in the Bond No. 9 stores, as well as in the Saks Fifth Avenue.

Coriander Cardamom Mandarin Orange Bergamot Nutmeg

Jasmine Tuberose Plum Pimento May Rose iris

Vanilla Patchouli Benzoin

Success

Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York Fragrance Reviews

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

A lovely oriental/gourmand. Vanilla is of course the key but the rose/patch/plum and jasmine play there parts well to balance it out. More feminine than masculine but a nice mix up scent. Very strong sillage and longevity which is key to me. Such a gorgeous scent but to ladylike for me to purchase a full bottle.

Gigi89
Gigi89

Wonderful

Redpula
Redpula

Using my 10ml decant, this started with a soft citrus, some sweetness and a warm spicy feel, truly a perfume for fall and winter. Truly, but never madly nor deeply.

Actually, I have no problem with such top but here again is the smell of powder which most of the time isn't for me.

What's worst, it was right from the beginning and all throughout my scent journey. I smell a whiff of a make up vibe, lighter than what I smelled from Dior Homme. Is it good? Dior done it amazingly but not Bond no. 9.

I can't write much about this perfume other than it is simply ordinary and not worth a full bottle for the price. I can't smell hints of floral either.

Somehow this reminded me of Midnight in Paris, Dior Bois d' Argent and Guerlain's Spiriteuse Double Vanille but without the high quality pure pleasure. This lacks finesse and enchantment.

Still, I give credit for it's above average projection and average longevity but not with it's scent... Sorry but Bond no. 9 Success is a Job in New York is a failed job fair to me.

Still, I give credit for it's above average projection and longevity but not with it's scent... Sorry but Bond no. 9 Success is a Job in New York is a failed job fair to me.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

My quest for a strong long lasting gourmand perfume has finally been satisfied! I purchased this from a Fragrantica Member and I absolutely LOVE this. Strong and long lasting. Finally! Intoxicating. I am looking forward to trying a couple more Bond No 9 fragrances.

katushka37
katushka37

This fragrance changed on me like no other!

At first I got a very sharp citrus note mixed with spices, it was very strong and made me sneeze. Then florals made an appearance. I got iris and some strong yellow florals mixed with a dash of rose. Fast forward couple of minutes amber and vanilla started competing with each other with floras still present on the background. I was even thinking of getting rid of my sample, it was too much to handle...but then it turned into a very soft, powdery and pleasant vanilla scent.
It instantly went from dislike to like for me.

The whole composition indeed reminds me of recruitment process - grab attention, stand out, compete for promotion, settle in and enjoy being on top :)

Kain
Kain

I've been reviewing mostly niche fragrances recently because most of them are high quality and well balanced juices even if they don't smell unique and very different. but when I tested this ..... OMG!
It was like you're driving luxury super sport cars like Ferrari or Lamborghini for a couple of months and then suddenly you open your eyes and see you're driving a terrible 1300cc car made back in 60's that it should be in junk yards, not on the streets!
What a terrible experience!
The opening is just nightmare. what on earth is this?!
I've tested many daring and complex fragrances but this one is just a terrible synthetic meshing of notes!
There is a huge blast a synthetic and cloying vanilla with some fresh citrusy notes, lots of floral notes and some spices at the opening.
It's just a messy and unbalanced mesh of notes in a very bad way.
As time goes by, things got better but still it's not well done.
In the mid I can smell a sweet vanilla ice cream like smell with lots of synthetic floral notes mixing with it and some spices in the background.
It's not terrible but it's very harsh and potent.
I'm testing this fragrance via my sample in winter and there is snow on the ground, but this fragrance still is impossible to deal with.
Both projection and longevity is awesome.

راستش این اواخر اگر دقت کنین من همش دارم عطرهای برندهای نیشُ تست میکنم چون اغلبشون کیفیت ساخت بسیار خوبب دارن و بالانس بین رایحه هاشون عالیه هر چند ممکنه بوی معمولی داشته باشن و خیلی خاص نباشن
وقتی اینو تست کردم رو پوستم ..... یا امامزاده بیژن. این دیگه چه کوفتیه؟
مثل این میمونه که شما چند ماهی پشت ماشین های سوپر اسپرتی مثل فراری و لامبورگینی بشینین، یه دفه بهتون بگن از امروز باید بشینین پشت یه پیکان 48 ابوغراضه که تا الان باید صد بار پرس شده باشه تو این پارکینگ های ماشین غراضه کن
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر یه فاجعه به تمام معناست
رایحه ابتدایی با یه بوی بسیار شلوغ و بی کیفیت ترکیب از رایحه بسیار شیرین و غیر قابل تحمل و بی کیفیت وانیل ترکیب با یه عالمه رایحه گلها و کمی رایحه مرکبات و کمی رایحه ادویه ها شروع میشه
شاید به نظر خیلی نیاد تعداد رایحه ها اما وقتی عطر ساز اینکاره نباشه این رایحه ها رو با بدترین و غیر بالانس ترین دز ممکنه ترکیب میکنه و حاصل میشه این
با گذر زمان رایحه عطر به مراتب بهتره میشه اما بازم بد بو و غیر بالانس هست
در رایحه میانی شما یه بوی شیرین بستی وانیلی مانند البته به مراتب شیرینتر از بستی وانیلی با یه عالمه بوی گلها و کمی رایحه های ادویه ای حس میکنین
من عطرهای خیلی قوی با بویهای خاص و عجیب غریب زیاد تست کردم ولی این یکی رو اصلا نمیتونم بوشو تحمل کنم
الان که دارم این عطرُ از روی سمپل اش تست میکنم زمستونه و برف همه حای ایرانُ پوشونده ولی تو این سرما هم باز بوش غیر قابل تحمل و آزار دهنده اس
پخش بو و ماندگاریش هر دو بسیار زیاده

alittleofeverything
alittleofeverything

Oh my God, this is awful. I read the glowing reviews and eagerly awaited my sample from e-bay, but either the cold has damaged my sample (it was -23C/-9F when I got it) or my skin chemistry simply hate this fragrance. I have recently fallen out of love with florals, especially powdery ones - in winter I like my orientals woody and my vanilla spicy - and that might be part of it, but all I get from this is a headache and an impression of a frumpy old lady. A scrubber for sure.

eric.cius
eric.cius

So I basically had to seduce and jedi mind trick the SA to give me a sample vial of this, telling her if I'm gonna spend this much on a fragrance I need a whole day wearing to make up my mind.

It started out very harsh, like all the notes got into a horrific car crash, but that's only the first minute.
The Vanilla then takes over and is very prominent for like the first hour, maybe a little too cloying, a very feminine vanilla.

The vanilla backs off and gives way to the patchouli which is accompanied by the plum and rose. YUM. I guess I pick this fragrance up different because I find the plum and rose to be the life of this fragrance. The plum reminds me of the plum jam that you get in Polish donuts and if the donut was sprayed with rose water.
A beautiful scent, somewhat familiar but I don't know to what, maybe not another fragrance at all.
While I love the smell of this I don't find it right for me, I will be getting this for my wife for Christmas because I REALLY REALLY want to smell it off her all day.
8.5/10

allyendawn
allyendawn

OMG, this masterpiece worths every penny! I found my new signature scent :)

It's so special, so warm and so exclusive, something to protect me from the nasty weather outside. I can't stop sniffing my wrist, people in the office might think I'm nuts :)))

deeyork71
deeyork71

Sillage: Strong (A)
Longevity: Strong beyond 12 hours (A+)
Originality: Very Unique (A+)
Craftsmanship: Very well made. High quality. (A+)
Scent (Subjective): Fantastic. At first I was puzzled, rather intrigued, by the powdery feel of this scent. I've come to deeply enjoy it. The dry down is mesmerizing. It gradually evolves into a rich palpable fluffed vanilla with just the right amount of sweetness, clean but not sticky sweet. Bond uses cardamom so well here...what an incredible note when done well. (A)

Season: Cooling weather
Drydown: Magical...words fail to describe it. It is to be experienced.
Value: Expensive (typical niche price) but worth it. Something like this is not found in the designer price range.
Gender: Unisex leaning toward the feminine...not a problem for me though.
Universality: The challenge of this is not for everyone. Like anyone with a lot of personality it will have detractors. I consider this casual.
Learning Curve: It took me a few wearings to begin to appreciate Success. Somewhat challenging to understand. Very much worth the effort. It has become one of my favorite fragrances. Wearing this is an interactive experience.
Emotional Response: I genuinely love to wear this. I feel sexy wearing this. Feels cozy. I smile at the thought of wearing Success.

Comment: Starts out with a pleasant almost feminine baby powder scent. Evolves into an amazingly sexy and sweet three dimensional fluffy creamed vanilla scent. One of the most dramatic and pleasant drydowns I've experienced. Lasts forever. I've picked it up a week later on sweaters. Unique to the end. Any one who collects fragrances would want to try this just to experience the alchemy of the drydown.

SweetChouli

I'm not usually one to leave a second or third review, but boy this one deservesit!! I've been blessed with this beautys presence just under a month and every single time I put it on, I fall more in love. It has changed (well, my perspective has) several times since the first time I tested it. My mind went from thinking, "ah, it's alright" to, "hmm, interesting" to, "wait a minute, this is lovely" to finally "I CANT LIVE WITHOUT THIS IN MY LIFE!!" I know, seems pretty dramatic considering I'm talking about perfume here. Funny thing is, that is actually how I feel about it. I'm an avid perfume lover through and through and I often times find myself swooning over them. But this has taken the swooning to a whole new level. I can't even describe it! The notes have been talked about, so I won't attempt to analyze it further. Just believe me when I tell you that this bottle holds pure ecstasy!

Germany
Germany

Very sophisticated perfume I like everything about it except for the dollar signs on the bottle, being somewhat tacky. Well you have to look past that because if you don't you are missing out on one of the greatest perfumes ever.
It's definitely along the lines of Shalimar, it has that high quality , sophisticated rich feel to it. It is however more modern than Shalimar ....Heavy vanilla ,iris amber patchouli scent. With a citrusy top note. Nice rose in the middle with iris and tuberose. The spicy ness comes from the nutmeg, cardamom and coriander. Quite fantastic!!!
I do not find it smells too gourmand at first, its a spicy oriental yet the dry down resembles vanilla ice cream just a little but its much more than that and if its ice cream it's definitely gourmand ice cream with a little liquor drizzled over it spiced up with some cardamom . Classy stuff !
It is approaching my top shelf !
Update. If you like Shalimar edt , you might love this two. Very similar those two. This is without the leathery animalic notes but same vibe , this also resembles other flankers of Shalimar.

SweetChouli

YES YES and YES! Success is a Job in NY is a SUCCESS! I love what Bond no 9 did with this! They took all these ingredients, put them in a fragrance and what we get is MAGIC! Something about the way Bond uses cardamom is crazy to me! I love cardamom as a perfume note altogether, but the cardamom in SIAJINY as well as Chinatown are distinctly done by Bond no 9. Fresh, minty and refreshing and always in just the right doses. I can't detect the chili necessarily, but I can see where it adds just the tiniest bite to the whole picture. I am overjoyed with this sparkling, spicy, magical piece of work! It has that certain "something" to it that every Bond does. I don't know if it's an added note, or just the way their ingredients meld together to create this aroma backdrop, but all Bonds have it and this is certainly no exception.

katemcq
katemcq

Yum, this is beautiful! In spite of all the different components, it gives the impression of something clean, warm, and freshly laundered even though it smells nothing like laundry soap. Unlike others, I don't find the patchouli overwhelming - it seems to blend effortlessly into the plum and orange. It seems to fade fairly quickly on me - that's my only complaint.

Update: this smells different depending on the day. Today, it smells more like a piece of hot cherry pie with some vanilla ice cream quickly melting on it. That's a great smell, but not for a personal fragrance...

harlemmal
harlemmal

Beautiful scent. I can smell the vanilla and to me I smell a creamy rich almost almond scent. Its phenomenal. I think it is unisex and sensual.

scentsforme
scentsforme

OMGoodness!!!!! This is the best!!!!!!!
Till showering plus on silage and long lasting.

prettyswag
prettyswag

@s raquidan. .. Thanks for info ..on this. ...I got a sample... It's like a light opium type scent...I tried to like it...it's light oriental...but this just is ok... It lasted 20mins on me and its gone...still searching...lol

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

Success is a job is not a success on my skin.
I see many people love this scent, but it did not mesmerize me.
After the spicy opening (which gets something of tutti-frutti), i get a simple jasmine note, little bit shy plus vanilla.
But the dry is a little bit soapy and i did not like this patchouli accord, too simple(i have to admit i am not a fan of patch). Tuberose makes it a creamy scent, but i can not feel any roses. Too overpowered on vanilla/tuberose/fruit that shadows the other notes!
Longevity is awesome, i say...
Good sillage too!

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

AMAZING. there isnt a sexier creamy vanilla based perfume out there than this. i thought the dry down for Bond No. 9's West Side was epic....this totally ko's West Side's dry down....and stomps all over it. this perfume truly takes you on a sexy and erotic journey. the 1st hour differs from its 3,6, and 8th hour. absolutely delectable dry down that makes me want to eat my arm. its kind of like having a chai tea latte sprayed all over ur arm is the best way i can describe it.

this is a longevity monster. you can expect AT LEAST 8 hours with this. sillage and longevity is typical Bond...you can expect to be noticed and command attention. there will be no escaping attention and compliments.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

VERY sweet, fruity almost syrupy opening, and that overly cloying sweetness remained for a long while. In the mid-development, I was reminded of a sweeter version of Shalimar, as the vanilla became more apparent. After about 6 hours, what was left on my arm was delicious and wonderful, a very light spice finally coming through. However, I don't think I want to wait that long to enjoy my fragrance!

Симба
Симба

Please, answer my question!
How to determine the remaining liquid in the bottle?
If you shine a strong light behind the bottle, the liquid level will be seen?

Or this question - how much weight a full bottle of 100 ml, but without the lid(cap) and the box?

Thanks to all the answers!

LuluSaintly
LuluSaintly

Nice enough but I wouldn't buy it. Warm, fruity, vanilla-y. Lots of staying power. Nice and well thought out. But it lacks the distinctiveness of a Shalimar, say. Since I already have Feminité du Bois and other Lutens, I wouldn't go out and buy this, though I dare say I'll wear the 10ml decant I've got.

PoeDiggity
PoeDiggity

The sexiest bond by far in my opinion. Compliments on this all day, and it seems the hot warehouse guy I work with is a little more friendly when I wear it. It's seductive and sensual... smells like mystery. It's not for little girls or old ladies, smells like naughty housewife.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I purchased a decant of this from beaker90 - thank-you! I couldn't wait to have a shower and spritz this on. This is only the second Bond scent I've tried, the first being a decant of Little Italy that I received in the spring. As a self-described shop-a-holic I have to confess that the expensive price tag on the Bond No. 9 perfumes are even too steep for me! That's why I only have samples and decants of some of their fragrances. I really wanted to try this one because I'm a big fan of vanilla and I like perfumes that are unisex. I find them less macho smelling which is what I prefer. This scent did not disappoint me. I really like it a lot. It's smooth and expensive smelling and I love the vanilla within. It does smell more on the feminine side than masculine but it's so nice that I really don't care. I'm so grateful to beaker90 for selling me a decant of this for a reasonable price that I could afford. I will use it sparingly to make it last as long as possible! Beautiful fragrance!

angel6
angel6

today I got a sample of this and thank God was just a sample, because I really don't like it, it has the same vibe of AG Passion, must be the patchouli, it's overpowering for me.

Potgut
Potgut

The best way to describe this is Vanilla Ice cream with a hint of other things, but mostly vanilla ice cream (think of sniffing a melted ice cream that's left in a near-empty ice cream carton).

At the beginning it starts of with Plum-Vanilla, it feels more feminine than unisex, though as a dries down a lot of that plum disappears leaving you with mostly with a gourmand-ish vanilla.

I liked it each time I sniffed it at the store, so I finially bought me a bottle and later a kind of regretted it, but not so much regretted the scent but rather just that it felt a bit too feminine for me each time I wore it.

However now i'm happy I bought it (though I bought tester, I don't know if i'd actually pay full price for this with so many and better vanilla scents in the market), over time I got over that feminine aspect of this and I just usually think of "Vanilla Ice Cream" each time I get a wiff of this.

It has fantastic longivity, an easy 9 hours+ along with a good projection almost the whole way. However, the projection is not monsterous, but not so quiet either, infact I think it's almost perfect but leaning closer to the skin.

One co-worker described this scent as really delicious and yummy that she just wanted to eat it and she wanted me to write down the name of this fragrance.

For all vanilla lovers, I think this is worth trying.

aelias
aelias

I find this very sexy, and for both men and women. Shalimar's composition has some similarities. Another awesome Bond purchase for me!

caseyu
caseyu

i so super love you, SIAJINY! YOU NUMMY!!!

yes, this one would MAYbe be unisex, i'm leaning more toward women's, but never know... this one is such an enigma, anyone who CAN find anything that smells remotely like it will be hard-pressed. it is warm and magical, naughty but sophisticated, and downright rich. way to hussle on this one BOND! xoxo!

bcoops
bcoops

I really love this one...i mostly get a plum vanilla...the vanilla on this isnt really sweet or offensive, its just right....at times I feel it might be to feminine thou...then I say who cares it smells to good :) .....longevity and projection are tops...one of the few frags I have that I can still smell on me strong after coming home from work

aqua76239
aqua76239

I was stopped by one of the Bond reps in Nordstroms and she tried her best to get me into one of the Bond fragrances. She also gave me sample of this scent after I told her that my favorite scent is Samsara. I can see why she choose this but I really don't care for this at all. For people who said its unisex, it is-I totally agree with this. Take Ysatis, add few drops of Samsara, throw a dash of patchouli and presto, Success is a job in New York. This is sort of a cross between spicy oriental and chypre, and I don't personally like fragrances from either category. It is unique, I will give it that but its not for me. Neither do I think that its worth $225 per bottle

judyk
judyk

I've only recently discovered the intoxicating world of decants and, thanks entirely to the marvellous members' reviews here on Fragrantica, everything I've bought so far I've liked enormously.

I have to admit, though, when I ordered a 5ml decant spray of Success is a Job in New York I really thought,"I'm pushing my luck with this one". I couldn't have been more wrong!

SIAJINY is Out Of This World! I normally steer well clear of sweet scents but there's just so much going on in this one that I'm happy to swoon on its creamy vanilla cloud while the individual notes tickle my nose. sweetiepea161616 has it spot on: "Once it dries down I want to eat myself!"

sweetiepea161616

I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally bought this and I am NOT disappointed. It is the most expensive perfume I've ever bought, but it has instantly become my favorite. Now that I am covered in it, I can more clearly see the notes, yet it remains so complex that not one note overpowers the others. It is a sweet, spicy, complex power scent that feels as cozy as a fleece blanket. I don't care that it's summer. Heck, it's not even sunny out here in Oregon, so I'm totally rocking it! I love that the dry down is a soft blanket of mostly creamy vanilla but with some amber, patchouli, and a bit of a woodsy feel (but very soft), and it's sexy and delicious. Once it dries down I want to eat myself! I am sooooooo happy with my purchase. I am going to make this my number one scent this fall/winter for sure!

EDIT: This has become one of my top fragrances, and definitely one of the best vanillas I own. I want to eat myself up! And to be honest, the scent really turns me on!!

gatorNY
gatorNY

I have an on again/off again relationship with this fragrance, and today it's ON. I go back and forth between thinking it's too heavy or too feminine and then think it's an absolute masterpiece. This scent has AMAZING longevity, and truly evolves over time, more so than just about any other scent. I could not believe that 13 hours after applying this, I started to smell the patchouli, which I absolutely love. Big thumbs up. And, to any other Bond Fans out there....try blending this with NY Oud. It's fantastic.

sweetiepea161616

This is my next buy. Seriously. It is AMAZING!! I never gave this one thought until I was at the department store and they had Bond No. 9 salespeople there who recommended this one based on what I usually wear. I liked this on the test paper so I sprayed two sprays on my right wrist (and two of the Any Warhol on the left) I liked them both a lot but I knew they needed some time. After an hour or so, Success is a Job in NY was developing so nicely on my skin. It became so creamy, sweet, and yummy. I kept sniffing it all day and found myself liking it much more than the Warhol.

I would say this perfume smells just like creme anglaise (basically creme brulee without the brulee) and it reminds me of a rich Haagen-Dazs French Vanilla ice cream. It is definitely sweet but so rich, complex, and warm that you can tell it's well made. The patchouli is very subtle, imo, and the creamy vanilla is really the star of the show. I highly recommend this for gourmand or vanilla lovers.

al1nonly
al1nonly

I hated you when you first arrived. I love you now, forgive me. You have given me many compliments (EVERYTIME i wear it). You only need TWO sprays, it is very strong. The sprays will last ALL DAY. One on the neck and one on the back of your neck. Done.

aschiffm
aschiffm

deep deliciously sweetened earthy vanilla patchouli and amber mix with a hint of candied orange. oddly the mix smells a little like chocolate to me- that might be the addition of the citrus and plum to the group. the creamy jasmine is there too. just overall luscious and sweetly creamy with a touch of spice from the paprika.

its STRONG (i spayed it and my boyfriend knew i put on perfume from down the hall with the door closed!!) and its SWEEEEET

Blimunda
Blimunda

I can't help the feeling Success Is a Job smells like dark milky chocolate enriched with hot spices. Its smell is deep and sweet, gourmand, delicious, with wide aura and creamy effect. It is actually on the very edge of being eatable. Wonderfully done!

Overall rate 10/10

spiderman999
spiderman999

I think,it is sweet and a little dark unisex fragrance.Projection and longevity so fantastic.If you want to be different,should try.Reminds me a little Guerlain L'Instant Extreme Pour Homme(only drydown)...lol... :)

Projection: 10/10

Good job...Congratulations Bond Number Nine ;)

Scentrist
Scentrist

I've tried this now in a setting where I felt I could give it a fair wearing. This is a cross between something citrusy and "ladies who lunch", neither of which was appealing to me and definitely did not agree with my skin chemistry.

The opening is very citrus/grapefruit laden, not in a good way. It gives way to a floral creation beneath and tends to be...well...just, oddly paired. Please don't even ask about the base notes and full dry down as my dear spouse implored me to scrub this off before too long. I'll leave it there.

If the notes appeal to you, perhaps you'll like the outcome. This did not strike me as a men's profile at all, and not something I'd feel comfortable pulling off (and I say that with bottles of Guerlain SDV and Le Petite Robe Noire 2 sitting nearby). This simply gives off a vibe that sys "Success is old Park Avenue Money".

Sorry, this is a complete miss for me.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Nice smell. I get the citrus and the plum at the opening before drying down to the vanilla and amber. Average projection and 8+ hours longevity. There are other Bond No. 9 scents I like better than this (Westside, New Haarlem). 7.5/10.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

as much as I liked the opening, the dry-down of this Bond No9 is simply dreadful. The vanilla-patchouli-begamot combo in the beginning was nice and sweet. But half an hour later the scent went down a slightly different path: sweet an cloying candied tuberose-vanilla-plum mix. It may smell very nice on somebody else, but it is actually quite annoying to the wearer, at least it is in my case. I might give it another try, but so far it is a no-no! for me.

blackice
blackice

Finally got my full bottle..

The opening is sweet & dark, sometimes it remind me of cough syrup but not that strong like Chypre Rouge. Not that spicy nor citrus..

Middle and base smells like creamy rose with vanille and amber, nicely blend. It's kinda feminine at some point and very linear on my skin..

Stays at least 10 hours +, and the silage is good as well.. Try to sample before buying, this is not for eveybody..

Mokokos
Mokokos

The saleslady at Saks thought I should not buy it because she thought it was for the ladies. Well, every time I would pass by the Bond fragrance counter I would sniff and spray it on. I really liked it. So one day I finally bought it. No regrets. It smells sweet, definitely vanilla, and there is the plum mix in there too. It is singular in it's identity and quite different from the rest of the Bond line. Which to me is a good thing, there is something in the other Bond line fragrance base that I don't like, I don't know if its a synthetic chemical that they think is a good signature, but I wish they would take it out. This is their best. My choice was confirmed when I watched a couple of NFL pro football players go nuts over it and bought it on the spot and said, "Wait till my girl smells this on me." Wear it a few times before you buy. The drydown is different and fantastic! It's like the vanilla and the subtle patchouli take over.

Francop
Francop

The Big Treasure of Bond no 9 has finally been discovered !!!

A magnificient formulation of rose, vanilla, amber and patchouli; these notes together generate a very unusual warm uplifting and comforting accord; incredible longevity and excellent sillage...2 sprays will last all day.

The Liquid Silk body lotion of Success is just as good; a small amount on your chest will envelope you in its enchanting halo for hours...the ingredients are of top quality...

I wonder who is the perfumer behind this creation, if anyone knows please get in touch...

Big Thumbs up !!!

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

This isn't bad nor is it what I anticipated. It is a vanillic powdery patchouli amber. A hotness does come through which I attribute to the interesting pimento note. This is a warm deep wintery scent that although not for me, may actually be one of the better Bond No.9 fragrances. I do not understand the use of kitchen spice notes, like coriander, for example, that Bond uses, but, thankfully, they are top notes in this one that burn off quickly.

guest_Лялечка
guest_Лялечка

Прекрасный аромат. Сладковат, но пахнет очень необычно.

Bond no 9 ANDY WARHOL SUCCESS IS A JOB is a strange creation. It's not really oriental, and it's not really chypre. It's not fruity floral, and it's neither woody nor aromatic. It seems like another boardroom strategy table effort (cf. Bleecker Street) to come up with something--anything--new. That said, I must confess that I like SUCCESS, in spite of itself.

The fragrance opens with the tiniest bit of pepperminty freshness--similar to what I detected before chez Bond no 9, at the opening of WESTSIDE, except that there it was cinnaminty--which then becomes slightly sweet and powdery like its brethren BRYANT PARK, LEXINGTON AVE, and CHINATOWN. This I attribute to the modern patchouli presentation unique to Les Bondeurs. But rather than developing fully into that oh-so-yummy sweet chypre, SUCCESS suddenly veers again to form a complex with a pink powdery aspect. Some have identified this stage as empirically indistinguishable from "strawberry jello powder," a referent phenomenologically unfamiliar to me. The closest thing to this in my experience may be Tums quickpak berry powder. It's definitely not as sweet as pixie sticks, nor the powder accompanying lick'em sticks. It's much closer to, well, like I said, Tums quickpak berry powder.

So here's my take: you need to have fresh breath during your interview for a job in NYC, and then once you've landed one, you're going to need serious Tums to keep it, not to mention the stress of living in NYC, with all that that implies, including $3K monthly rent for a 300sq ft studio fully equipped with the modern kitchen convenience of a hot plate next to the toilet.

Against all objective perfumista criteria, I somehow like this one, too, though I probably won't be adding it to my collection anytime soon.

mocha43
mocha43

I got a sample of this in my Bond package on e-bay. I have tested it at least 5 times and I don't care for it. It smells like nail polish when it first goes on. It mellows out somewhat, but I cannot catch the nuance' of the various notes. It is not for me- there are bonds that I love but not this one.

KJanicki
KJanicki

@Doc Elly: LOL, I totally smell the strawberry jello powder note you mentioned. It also reminds me a lot of CK Secret Obession. No surprise, they have a lot of the same notes. This might be heavier on the tuberose.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

My first reaction on opening up the sample vial was, “Oh, no! Lily of the valley!” Oh yes, Success starts out with all kinds of white flowers playing around included the dreaded LOV. I think Bond uses lily of the valley in a lot of their compositions, so it wouldn’t surprise me to find out that it’s in this one, too. I have to say, though, that the white threat calmed down after 10 minutes or so, leaving a lovely, slightly powdery combination of spice, tuberose and plum, backed by a large helping of vanilla. The sillage wafted all over the place, and I was enjoying it immensely.

Then something very strange happened. I started smelling a scent that was, for all the world, like strawberry jello. Not so much the actual jello, but the powder that the jello’s made from. I thought maybe it was coming from the kitchen, although I wasn’t aware of anything artificially strawberry flavored in there. Then I thought it might be some perfume samples that I had sitting on the table, but no. It was me! Who would have thought that success in the big apple smells like strawberry jello powder waiting to be prepared. I’m still trying to wrap my head abound the symbolism in that one.

After the faux strawberry surprise, the fragrance gradually dries down to an ambery vanilla with hints of greenish lilies and stays that way. Success in NY is certainly a roller coaster ride of lovely, fairly conventional notes alternating with unexpected ones. Maybe that was the intention, or maybe it was because I was wearing it while working in the heat of my greenhouse on a bright sunny day. The bottom line is that I like the series of notes in Success in NY, but am still trying to figure out what to make of the overall big picture.

Note added the following day: The clothes I was wearing still smelled like the strawberry jello scent the next morning, so it wasn't my imagination.

Carla
Carla

Success Is A Job In New York is another career/money oriented scent like Bond No 9's previous Wall Street fragrance. With Warhol's famous pop art dollar sign logo on the bottle you begin to think that this is going to be a new fragrant experience, but is this going to smell like money? Cold hard cash? The almighty dollar mixed with the sweet smell of success? Well lets begin the journey.

The beginning starts off with a clear citrus aroma of mandarin orange blended with a slice of bergomot and topped of with spice of the cardamom. Exhilarating yes, but no scent of money yet! Next we have a sumptuous mix of white floral with jasmine and tuberose overshadowing the rose. The pimento makes a slight clove-y spice like existence while the plum adds a hint of fruity flavor. An accent of outdoor greenery is present as well. This is luscious and your spirit will revel in this aroma but still, no scent of money.

Now make way for the amber, vanilla and a minuscule dose of patchouli as they have arrived creating a super smooth dry down with it's warm creamy consistency. Embraced by it's richness but no scent of money here. The seduction of money is in here though and the attraction of money is evident but the actual scent of money and success is void, it's all just a metaphor, it's Warhol's avant-guarde style! This long lasting perfume is as long as the name itself and with its select combination of notes along with the character to go with it, it's a sure bet that Bond No 9 has succeeded in creating a recipe for success.

A pricey $225 for a 100ml bottle (Cha-Ching) is well worth it for a die hard Bond No 9 collector or for any man or woman (more man than woman in my opinion) who prefers an upscale oriental spicy gourmand scent contained in an artsy bottle. Warhol always said "Look poor, think rich", however, if he were around today with this fragrance he might just say " Look poor, smell rich". and how right he would be!

Kankuro
Kankuro

At the beginning I can smell mandarin and cardamom, it's a really comforting scent. The florals are well blended and not the scenter of attention. In the drydown the vanilla and amber are the prominent notes, mixed with warm spices. Success is warming you in the winter, like a wool sweater. It's creamy, spicy, slightly floral and very sweet. If you like spicy gourmand fragrances, Success will be exactly what you need. The lasting power is incredible, two sprays will last forever. A very strong eau de parfum!

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

Creamy and sensational are the two words that come to mind when I first tried this fragrance.

The opening is a blend of sweet spicy citrus accords which develop to a soft plum and floral scent. You will be left with a creamy, slightly earthy vanilla note once it dries down.

Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York by Bond No 9 4.01 out of 5 based on 193 ratings and 54 user reviews

Sample
Andy Warhol Success Is A Job In New York Sample by Bond No. 9, .05 oz Vial sample for Women
Perfume.com
Sample
Andy Warhol Success Is A Job In New York Perfume by Bond No. 9 - 0.05 oz Vial sample
BOND NO. 9 ANDY WARHOL SUCCESS IS A JOB IN NEW YORK for UNISEX by Bond No. 9 EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ TESTER
Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Success Is A Job in New York Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Andy Warhol Success Is A Job In New York Perfume by Bond No. 9, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Perfume.com
Andy Warhol Success Is A Job In New York Perfume by Bond No. 9 - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.