Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

Bleecker Street Bond No 9 for women and men

Bleecker Street Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

ozonic
Bleecker Street Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures Bleecker Street Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures Bleecker Street Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures Bleecker Street Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

This intriguingly deigned perfume from New York brand Bond No.9 was named after the street which represents the location of one of the boutiques of this house, located on number 399 to be precise. The beautiful bottle was designed by Rachel Katz, a fashion designer and artist in manual fabrics and water color painting. The fragrance is gourmand – woody, opening with violet leaf, blueberry and thyme, followed by the heart of cedar wood, intensively sweet – fruity jasmine and peppery – vanilla cinnamon, ending at the base of oakmoss, suede, patchouli, amber and warm and soft vanilla. This unisex scent was created by David Apel in 2005, available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. The holyday edition for 2008 Bleecker Street Bejeweled is decorated with Swarovski crystals, inspiring with its gourmand oriental aroma of patchouli, black currant leaf and bud, caramel, wood and musk. It is available as 100 ml EDT in an emerald green bottle with deep and lime green details, yellow – green stripes, amethyst colored contrasts and tiny crystals of the same color. A big luxurious crystal is placed in the centre of the bottle. The price of this edition is $395.

Violet Leaf Blueberry Thyme Cassis

Cedar Jasmine Cinnamon

Oakmoss Suede Patchouli Amber Vanilla Caramel

Versense
Purple Label

Bleecker Street Fragrance Reviews

Tardigrada
Tardigrada

At first I was surprised, this differed dramatically from all the rest bonds I just sniffed, it has some serenity to it. It might trick some futuristic people that have never smelled nature, but not me. The diagnosis is synthetic and much too generic and it's my final verdict.
1 out of 10

BRH
BRH

I definitely agree those who find similarities between Bleecker St. & Aventus. The top notes are certainly different, but the moss, suede, & musk in the drydown is very similar to the mid & base of Aventus with it's birch, moss, & leather.

allbookerka
allbookerka

Bleecker Street is a perfect everyday summer/spring perfume.
It's fresh and fruity, but a little bit a "flat" scent that does not really develop overtime. If you prefer "full-bodied" complex scents, don't choose this perfume. It's a lovely scent and I will definitely use my sample vial, but I'm not sure whether I'm going to buy a full bottle because of a steep price.

There is a lot of summer in this scent, I'd even call it a blueberry bomb :)
It has good longevity and projection which makes it a perfect holiday perfume.
If it would be cheaper, I would have purchased a full bottle.

UPDATE: After forgetting about this perfume for a while I gave it one more try recently. And... it's fantastic! From a perfume I like it turned into extremely delicious and nice fragrance in my eyes. I catched myself sniffing it from my wrist throughout a day. So.. as a summary - please give it a try, it opened to me so I literally re-discovered it after a while. Now it's not a "like", it's "love"!

Rerik
Rerik

Bleecker Street opens very green and fresh. It smells like fresh green grass. I am not an aquatic fan. So this is a fresh scent, but without any aquatic notes. Some say it reminds them of salad smell. Maybe. But how many fragrances smell like Caesar salad?
This is the first one. It's an absolutely niche smell. To be true, this is one of the best fresh scents I ever tried.
Bond no. 9 is promoting this scent as something futuristic. And I think they are right.
In the year 2134, when people will live like in fifth element or on Mars it will be hard to find natural green organics. People won't know how nature smelled like.
And after somebody will find one last bottle of Bleecker Street, they will try to reconstruct nature in their laboratories.

I've heard that Bleecker Street was "reformulated". Its longevity is weaker. I have a vintage 50 ml bottle which last on skin about 12 hours.
It's silage/projection is a little bit weak. So I wouldn't recommend this frag for parties. Applying about 3 sprays you won't bother anybody. I just wore it to a Mozart orchestra (future meets past). And it was just perfect.

I recommend this fragrance to people who love nature.

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

So after hearing a lot of hype on youtube I was excited to give this 1 a shot. After trying this myself I can deffinitly see why people like this but honestly it wasnt what it was cracked up to be.

The opening to this is really well done as you get a blast of fresh and fruity notes(I do smell a lot of the blueberry) mixed with green type notes which makes for a beautiful combination. Then when it starts to calm down and go into the mid and base is when it slowly starts to go downhill.

In the mid and base the citrus goes into the background and the suede really makes itself known which really transcends this scent. Its still VERY pleasant and fresh though, but I was honestly was hoping the scent was going to stay more true to the way the opening smelled. And then the base is pretty much all suede.(at least on my skin)...Maybe im crazy but this scent is like a mix between Rocawear 9IX and Curve.lol

I really do like this scent but in no way,shape or form would I pay the hefty price bond no 9 asks.

Performance wise this does really well. It lasts on me anywhere from 10-14 hours and projects pretty decent for the first 4 and then the duration of the scent you have a nice scent bubble around you but nothing to out there.

Its deff worth a try as it is a great scent and pretty original but its no Aventus.

Id rate this a 6.75 out 10 !

dylan.kohout
dylan.kohout

Such a promising opening, but it falls flat for me.

I am in the process of searching for a new signature, and naturally Bleecker Street was one of the contenders. The opening is a beautiful, grassy green floral with a slight fruity sweetness. This lasts for about an hour, and after that is when I start to dislike it. When the suede note starts to amp up, I am reminded of the drydown of Aventus, which is not a good thing. It becomes a boring, slightly smokey leather and it stays that way for hours (over 8+). For me, this just killed the beautiful openeing, and I will not be pursuing a full bottle of this.

Scent: 5/10 A great opening followed by a boring drydown
Longevity: 10/10 Lasts a great while
Sillage: 8/10 People around you will notice you
Versatility: 8/10 I can see this being appropriate for all seasons, but I can see it getting cloying in the extreme heat
Overall rating: 7.75/10 A decent overall fragrance, I just wish it turned into something a little more appealing.

mfeezy
mfeezy

I'm not saying this is my favorite scent or that this is best scent on the market. But I will say that every time I wear this, I get a compliment - even though I can't smell it on me after awhile...

Marciu
Marciu

I guess I found my next favourite Bond No 9 fragrance! I still love Chez Bond for what it is in general, but this is so unique! Different than anything I've ever smelled (in 'fresh' frags cathegory/section).

I feel like I'm on a middle of the forest, I'm gathering blueberries. I squeeze one in my fingers, I feel the smell of the oakmoss too(it's growing next to berries). Burst of greennes is here obviously, but it's different than in Chez Bond(lack of citrus here). I don't get any flowery accents here, but the drydown is wonderful! I loved how it perfectly morphed from green juicy fragrance to almost completely gourmandish fragrance! I said almost, because after 7-8 hours the blueberry and violet leaf still are there! Mix of those two with something caramel-like blew me away, seriously!

Longevity is crazy -with 4-5 sprays I get 12+ hours!!! And I received more compliments with Bleecker Street than with Chez Bond!

edooardo
edooardo

Bleecker is an amazing fragrance that smells exactly like a good hairspray.
It is so pleasant, it leaves you with a bath smell, with just a small hint of something chemical, artificial.
Bond No9 is all about being hype and get many compliments.
This fragrance is all about being very expensive, a propos, luxury definition can be the difficulty to obtain something.
Truth must be said, It´s definetly not meant for perfume lovers, but for fashion lovers. The bottle is beautiful, I have a 3,4oz full bottle but it would be a dream to have have the limited edition with lots of swarowsky´s crystals !!!

prodigy
prodigy

Uninspiring,mediore, and boring. Its a clean inoffensive scent that all. Not worth the price and does not equate with the hype. Longevity and silage is non existent at least on me.

aschiffm
aschiffm

mehh very bright male cologne-y scent at initial spray. to the point where i was disgusted at how masculine it was. even on a man i would not like to smell this , it smelled like i was wearing a mish-mash of 5 different man colognes.

after a couple hrs, it thankfully fades into a unique wood scent with hints of subtle sweetness and earthy warmth. i like it at this stage, but its not as strong as the beginning blast and i wish it was..

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

This is a great cologne. Just have to cough up that 250 for a bottle.Well worth it. Many compliments on this bad boy!! It is truly a scent excusion of wonderful notes. Just give it a try. The longevity is amazing I put this on at 7:30 am and still going stong at 7:30pm

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

Something about Bleecker just caught my attention. Trying a number of Bond No9's (fanks to freddinos) I stopped and settled on this one. It's not the peacock stained glass window bottle (which is lovely because green is my favourite colour.. but I've always been put off by the shape of Bond bottles), or of course the cost which is prohibitive if you are feeling sensible. It's the combo. Someone put blackcurrant (or blueberry?) with woods and leather and oakmoss and it worked. A fresh gourmand with an oriental base that's herbal and yet like cologne. My Mother-in-law said "I really love your perfume.. it's....floral?" It's her birthday coming up and I didn't have the heart to say sorry love I can't afford it for you. I might be too busy saving up to buy it for someone else....

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

Light green + waterly. Very clean, nicely sweet.

Good alternative for women who likes men`s sport and summer fragrances because this is without manly undertone.

I am happy I dicovered it.
Reminds me L'eau D'Issey and Aqua di Gio.
Good longevity!

dayzaway99
dayzaway99

incredibly sexy, sweet, citrus spicy scent is what i get from it, very complex, and tantalizing to the senses, makes you feel alive, and enjoy life more when you have it on. Made for those brisk cool fall evenings, but smells incredibly sexy when it warms up on your skin as well. I only wear it for special occasions because its the type of scent you want to have fond memories to, a special occasion smell. If you want a girl to look at you with admiration and seduction find out everything she looks for in man, become it for her, do it all for her. and then put on this special juice to seal the deal. When you have this on nothing can go wrong

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Soft blueberry with a musky herbal note. Blueberry fades fast, just hit with it in the few seconds of its opening. Then its all green, smells of leafs. Comes off potent, but its a good scent. Creates a "coolness" like a aftershave to my nose.

Dry Down: Heavy Thyme and oakmoss as its base. Stays herbal, but a touch of cinnamon and amber pulls thru, creating a layer of sweetness to it. Keeps the fragrance from being linear. The dry down IMO on my skin seems to be faint, its hard to pick up at times, then out of nowhere I get whiffs of heavy sweetness of the cinnamon.

Projection: High in the heat

Longevity: It has that Aventus thing to it, you might not smell it but others will. Seems to last long. 8 to 10.

Overall: Its a odd fragrance, but not in a bad way. Unique notes and infusion of them. If you like herbal/sweet you might enjoy this.

Purchase? Try

jtd
jtd

Pairings. Combinations. Fusion. Synthesis. There are plenty of words to describe how two ideas, objects or properties can be put together. Broad strokes, there are three outcomes: Blend, eg. citrus fruit and leaf in an eau de cologne; Complement, as in the rose/patchouli pairing of 1970s-1980s chypres; and, Synergy, the classic example being the new quality that arises from the pairing of lavender and coumarin in the fougère.

Three positive outcomes, that is. Outcome number is dissonance. We have lots of words for this one, too. Discord, strife, cacophony, incongruity. There isn’t the comparable olfactory term for the aural disharmony, so I’ll propose one. Bleecker, after the perfume that inexplicably combined gourmand and aquatic notes. Was it hubris? Was it nepotism? I can think of a number of scenarios that might have lead to this perfume, but they all center on original sin. Bleecker St. isn’t bad for the tinkering that might have gone on in the editing bay. Someone had to have been given a long leash not to have been stopped early on in the making of this perfume. The flaw in Bleecker St. isn’t one of measure or imbalance, it’s conceptual.

MissTuxedo
MissTuxedo

A very green, leafy, woodsy and masculine scent. The first few minutes are very loud to me. The dry down is a bit better however I am not getting any vanilla. This is not a feminine scent AT ALL. To bill a masculine frag as unisex is quite maddening to me, Bond seems to want to be very wearable to all but not so with many of their frags.

Edit: I definitely get the "air freshener" remarks!

DR521
DR521

Layers well with New Haarlem. Individually it seems to be missing something. I originally thought it was a nice clean vetiver-base cologne until I read the notes. It's very green-woody like an old fashioned men's frag. Still there's something really nice about it, just a little incomplete.

sekoujohnson
sekoujohnson

I've been using Bleecker Street for about 2 months now and I enjoy it. I get a cold green aquatic vibe from this fragrance.The cold vibe was initially weird to me, but during these hot summer days, I've grown to appreciate it. As Bleecker Street settles, the fragrance starts to get slightly sweet. The sillage is average and the longevity is about 8hrs. I highly suggest pulling this out during the spring and summer months. This is a versitle scent as well. You can be casual, dressed up, or in T-shirt and shorts and pull Bleecker Street off easy. Overall, out of all the Bond No 9 fragrances I own, this is my least favorite. I feel like Bleecker Street has an identity crisis. It's at a crossroad between being an aquatic or green floral (herbal) scent. However, it should be noted that this is quality juice. You won't find anything that smells too similar and the fragrance smells very good. Just not my favorite from the Bond No 9 house.

hog
hog

The opening smells citrusy to me so i was surprised when i checked the notes. About 20minutes in it starts to get a little more earthy and green yet i find the scent linear. I personally love this scents and the longevity is outstanding. Even the projection i would have to put at above average.

meama
meama

188) Bleaker street
I started testing different perfumes of this brand and write about them will not be easy ... but my god how boring!
A brand that launches so many perfumes in such a short time it's always obvious that product quality is not their priority. Bond9 is another confirmation of this theory.
Their strong point is especially daring to sell a bottle at this price, it's so awesome we think there must be an real research behind, an idea of luxury ...No it's not a new Amouage, there is nothing c It's just the "Emperor's clothes".
Bleecker street takes you back to the worst time of the men's fragrance, 70s - early 80s. Entering in perfumeries was torture, all the masculine smelled after-shave, oakmoss and cedar (from the best to the worst).
It is slightly different from the dozens of other similar scents that exist by more light and sweet notes. A kind of Paco XS with berries and diluted in sugar water.
Raw materials are very basic, normal longevity, low sillage.
Not bad (but not far from a deodorizer), it's just a big scam. I feel sorry for people who let them be persuaded to buy this kind of insipid perfume.

J'ai commencé à tester les différents parfums de cette marque et écrire dessus ne va pas être facile...mon dieu mais quel ennui!
Une marque qui sort autant de parfums en si peu de temps c'est toujours une évidence que la qualité du produit n'est pas leur priorité. Bond9 est une autre confirmation de cette théorie.
Leur point fort est surtout d'oser vendre un flacon à ce prix, c'est tellement impressionnant qu'on se dit qu'il doit y avoir une vrai recherche derrière, une idée de luxe...Non n'est pas Amouage qui veut, Il n'y a rien, c'est juste les "Habits de l'Empereur".
Bleecker street vous replonge dans les pires moment de la parfumerie masculine, les années 70- début 80. Entrer dans les parfumeries était une torture, tous les masculins sentaient l'après rasage, la fougère et le cèdre.
Il se différencie légèrement des dizaines d'autres parfums semblables qui existent par des notes plus légères et sucrées. Une sorte de Paco XS avec des baies et dilué dans l'eau sucrée.
Matières premières très basiques, longévité normale, sillage faible.
Pas mauvais, un peu un déodorisant, juste totalement "foutage de gueule". Je plains les personnes qui se laissent convaincre d'acheter ce genre de parfum insipide.

Travis453
Travis453

I acquired Bleecker Street during the "A refill on us" promotions. This is some really good stuff. Like others have said it does smell similar to Montauk, but trust me, they're totally different in all actuality!! To me it really smells like a dessert, real sweet and creamy, and maybe a hint of cardboard that actually smells nice with the rest. Really cool bottle also.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

The first 5 minutes smells like a spicy aquatic reminding me of DG light blue for men (i loved the blueberry in the top notes but dislike the transformation in the dry down) Honestly if I didn't know any better I would have mistaken it for Creed's Aventus!

*** received a compliment while walking pass my 19 year old sister*** ..she said I smelled good! so I offered her my wrist then she scrunched her face saying it smelled like actual grass .......AND I AGREE!! the grass smell is so realistic lol .. the dry down is veryy green...Therefore I think this would make a perfect work scent or out and about scent but i do not recommend this for close encounters! ..no mr nasty time with Bleecker Street

kazewayz
kazewayz

This was nice to my nose. A sweet, fruity, floral, woody, powdery fragrance. There was some smokiness going on there with the fruits that reminded me of "Aventus" by Creed, but then it changed and it took it's own tranformation. Then it got less stronger and warmer on my skin. A nice, warm, cozzy smell over all. Good for intimacy or colder days. Projection and longevity are amazing. Love this juice. It does have a slight resemblence to one of Paco Rabanne's scents. Try it.

aeg8193
aeg8193

surprised no one has compared this to aventus, not identical but quite similar in my opinion

TurdFerguson
TurdFerguson

I don't know how they are billing this as unisex. To me, this smells like the absolute essence of manliness. Maybe on other ladies, this smells less like a man's cologne, but when I smell it, I just smell like I've been digging through a bachelor's medicine cabinet.

zenmonkey
zenmonkey

The first time i tried this I didn't find anything alluring, and quickly passed it by. Since then I have been working on finding my perfect set of summer fragrances, and to say the least I have been disappointed with the majority of what is available for warm weather. I received another sample of this from a trade, and decided to try it again. Wow... after being let down my so many other warm weather frags, this one blew me away the second time around. Smells fresh, clean, and a there is something eclectic about it. It last forever, and compliments galore. I ended up buying a 3.4 oz to my summer lineup, but honestly I see me wearing this more during the summer than anything else I own. Its very versatile. You could wear this year around, and to any occasion. Backyard bbq, date, or an interview. If you are looking for a summer fragrance that is versatile and last a long time, then I recommend grabbing a sample of this.

Cams
Cams

Fantastic on women, particularly during the Spring and summer months. Gorgeous, well made fragrance. Worth testing ladies!

Jwaks
Jwaks

Totally get the comparisons to generic men's after shave like gilette or nivea. Just for shits and giggles I placed them next to each other on my arm along with bleecker street. While vaguely similar, bleecker street handily beats the after shave. What I love about this fragrance is it's uniqueness versus other colognes. Cool and blue are two things that come to mind when I smell it. It projects a cool, fruity, green vibe without being overly sweet or dry. Suede and cinnamon poke through in the drydown and mingle with the cool blueberry fruitiness and green notes for a very refreshing and unique scent. Sillage, projection and longevity are awesome. It claims to be unisex yet is a masculine scent. Give it a shot, you may find its unique composition and cool vibe quite appealing!

Update : This smells eerily similar to ralph lauren purple label for about 5 minutes during the opening, maybe just a touch fruitier with blueberry vs. blackberry. Purple's fruit fades in the drydown to herbs, spices moss and tobacco with hints of fruit while bleecker street much more linear.

WildDove
WildDove

Very peppery aquatic on me, with the barest hint of cucumber

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Unique, lots going on it seems. I dont get a Curve vibe. Smells too woody/mossy to me for most women to pull-off.

antfarm
antfarm

I can usually pull off masculine fragrances, but this was disctinctly fresh in a man-fresh kind of way, like Brut gel deodorant. It had a distinct aquatic quality to it as well, which is an immediate deal-breaker for me. The bottle design is amazing. I keep sniffing my arm and thinking of men's shaving commercials. Very pleasant though, I must say. It is one of my boyfriend's favorites on himself.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

My first thought as this landed on my skin was "men's generic aftershave". As it continued to develop, this was still the lasting effect. Did not work for me.

MarkT
MarkT

Very nice, draws compliments. Differs from Bvlgari Aqva layered with Gucci II by lasting about twice as long. Good scent, just wish it was half as beautiful as the bottle.
Great for layering- top with a hint of Miller Harris La Fumee for formal events, Shisedo Zen if its play time.

Wano
Wano

Very intriguing mix of notes on that one. I like violet, blueberry and cinnamon but i never thought of putting those together. But even at $80.00 i would not buy it.

rzetzm
rzetzm

Gotta love this fragrance, it's the most perfect androgynous scent to date! Smells amazing on male or female, has a good mix of fresh smelling citrus, clean aquatics, an bit of sweet plum/vanilla thrown in too. Really nice. Dry down incorporates a pleasant woody aroma. If you're in Saks or there's a Bond No. 9 store nearby do yourself a favor and give this scent a spritz.

rafickw
rafickw

With all due to respect to the other users comments regarding detecting a scent of freshly cut grass, berries etc...... All I can smell and detect in this fragrance is an AQUATIC accord, nothing else to it. Surpringly this is a niche brand, and for it smell like your mainstream designer aquatic scents thatvarevavailable nowadays it is disappointing and not worth the money. Good alternative that would smell almost identical is Bvlgari Aqua, Bleu de Chanel or Ralph Lauren Polo Blue.

It has a strong Longevity and sillage and I also can detect a woody tone.

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

you cant even wash this stuff off! the scent is still there after i shower! one of my favorite bonds. the smell of sexy fresh cut grass in a sunny april afternoon.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Reminds me a lot of Bvlgari Aqva. Does anybody else get the same dirty aquatic vibe?

dollars&scents
dollars&scents

Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9 - Upon application, one is treated to a rush of sharp greenness. Violet leaf, with its freshly mowed grass and a hint of cucumber character, commingles rather nicely with cassis, with its black currant fruitiness and slight, cat urine smell. Thyme showers the melange with its herbal, savory facet. Transitioning to the middle, this crisp, green opening is beclouded with an aromatic and somewhat buttery cedarwood, as well as a warm and spicy cinnamon. And, a pixieish jasmine flutters softly with its fruity sweetness. Segueing to the base, a chamois-like suede, with its slightly floral, spicy and fruity, tannery aura, interplays with a woody and sweetish vanilla. And, oakmoss infuses its dank, forest-like earthiness with a bit of powder, while patchouli imparts its grassy and woody aspects. A sweetish woody flavor is supplied by magical amber. All intermingle and provide an uplifting drydown. This masculine and somewhat light composition is masterfully blended, and has good projection and longevity.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

Testing a sample of it right now. The first burst is quite sharp, cold, masculine and citrusy. A few minutes later, the masculine side settles a bit and what is left is a fresh green ozonic violet-ginger-citrus (though ginger is not listed in the pyramid) -- evokes a mood similar to Versace Versense.

This fragrance is very unisex, green, fresh, a little peppery, and quite likable.

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

this stuff is great, but i can't wear it. makes my sinuses do the watoosy. on a man i would swoon, but a single tiny spray on my wrist and i had to wash it off.

Femme_Fantastic
Femme_Fantastic

This cologne is pure, bottled, gymnastic, sexy-times. It's freaking amazing. I have a friend who wears this on special occasions, and were I not a married lady, I'd climb her like a tree. It's unreal. It's the perfect gender neutral sort of come hither. Meow!!!!

annasmells
annasmells

Mostly leafy, and the white floral scent is definitely there! I am a female and I love smelling this on myself. Always receiving compliments but I have a feeling people think I'm wearing men's cologne. Consistent on skin and clothing. Also appealing that it is one of the few fragrances that does not cause an allergic reaction. Hope to purchase a big bottle one day!

midgyett_evans83
midgyett_evans83

I got a sample of this yesterday.OMG this is my favorite smell in the world!!! It smells like a yummy man!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I expected alot more from a niche scent that costs an arm and leg together. A beautifully designed bottle that the scent inside does not do justice to, perhaps the effort should have been the other way around. I disagree that the scent is unisex being more feminine and soft to my nose, but then again, what little sillage there is even after 10 good squirts, doesn't announce it's sexuality either. My Philosophy coconut shower gel shone through instead. This is basically water and green notes with some oakmoss thrown in for relief. Where did the blueberries go? It is quite sad as I was looking forward to a beautiful combination of notes that I generally like very much. However, I am truly grateful I did not purchase a full bottle of this and will close the door on this gorgeous design of a bottle.

heatherine
heatherine

Bleecker Street opened very green and ozonic with cassis, leaves, berries...after some time the middle notes come through, more jasmine and cedar than cinnamon. 15 hours later (!) I can still smell soft amber & suede - Bleecker Street is only just now beginning to fade. Each note and layer unfolded perfectly. It's not as enchanting as High Line nor as beautiful as Astor Place but it is exceptional and sensual. Bleecker Street is a unique work of art, but an accessible work of art that anyone can appreciate.

This fragrance lies fairly close to the skin after an hour, but what it lacks in sillage it makes up for in endurance - 15 hours and still going.

caseyu
caseyu

excatly...this is definately one of the Bond "bearables" (thank you, Olefact). much more engaging for a man, one of which i would not be unhappy to find lingering on my man's skin. this one is sweet, masculine, fresh, and strong. a rare beauty from Bond...Fire Island and Success are two more diamonds among the litter.

cleo777
cleo777

If money was no object, I would buy this just for the bottle, which I am obsessed with! Green and purple, my favorite combination! The scent to me is quite masculine, great for guys. Maybe a just for us girls version of the bottle/scent with a lighter green and lilac color? Heavier on the fruit, lighter on the oakmoss? Just saying.

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

One word to describe this fragrance- STUNNING! Fresh cut grass, berries, oakmoss and suede this scent shines in warmer weather. Perfect for spring and summer nights. Long lasting and great quality juice. Aways gets me tons of compliments.Definitely unisex.

spumyland
spumyland

BINGO!!!al primo spruzzo mi ricorda ultraviolet,uno dei miei preferiti soprattutto per il rapporto qualita'-prezzo....trovo in bond meno ambra e sentori di pelle buonissima che lo rendono un filo piu' maschile.non transcendentale ma' buono,
moderno e di ottima qualita'.
ottima durata.
9/10 nella mia lista dei desideri.

Olefact
Olefact

One of Bond No. 9's bearables. It reminded me of Farenheit at first but then the berries and powder came through and it came into its own. It's hard for me to imagine anyone being crazy about this perfume, it's just not distinctive enough for that. It has something in common with la Forêt's Feu, which smells like an over-ripe banana and needless to say is nauseating. This does have slightly sickening effect. It's on the masculine side and makes one think all this unisex labelling is just to increase sales.

Heverton
Heverton

Bleecker street opens with a delightful berries note, so fresh, so natural. After a few minutes this fruity aroma mixes with a semi-sweet tone leaving a invigorating impression. A friend of mine pinpointed a interesting comment, he said that this one resambles L'eau D'Issey, and I have to agree, at least the floral notes do remember this Issey Miyake but here they are softer and sweeter.
Sadly this nice opening combination does not persists at full power in the drydown.

Scentrist
Scentrist

In my mind, I'd thought I'd reviewed this and to my own amazement I hadn't. When I read the description of the notes, along with the comparisons on a number of sites, this became a ‘must-try’ experience. The first spray was the big reveal, and what a reveal it was.

Top notes of violet leaf, blueberry and thyme, followed by heart notes of cedar wood, intensely sweet/fruity jasmine and peppery/vanilla cinnamon. The base composed an ending of oakmoss, suede, patchouli, amber and vanilla.

I began with the first scent of Bond at nearly noon. By 9PM, the Bond on my wrist was still going strong, it was truly a powerhouse. It's easy to see how this can become a favorite, and it's a great fallback for me on mornings when I just can't decide what to wear. There are comparisons between Bleecker and Ralph Lauren Purple Label, and sure enough there is some common ground in the top and base notes. The big issue I have with RL Purple Label, however, is lack of projection and staying power -- if you want to buy the cheaper fragrance and apply it every two hours, Purple Label is a decent substitute. If you want a statement scent, spend the extra money on the Bond and you'll not regret it.

KittenEyre
KittenEyre

In my top three all time favorites. Delicious, I get stopped by men and women asking what I'm wearing.

Grottola
Grottola

Bleecker Street is actually not that bad as a fragrance, but at the same time, it's derivative.

For one, to me at least, it's extraordinarily close to Green Irish Tweed, only not as good. BUT, but, but. The apple pie-like note of juniper berries (Paco XS, etc) is prominent here, making this one a bit sweeter and more resinous/oriental than Green Irish Tweed. Otherwise, that smell is quite familiar.

I'd say Bleecker Street acts as a decent Green Irish Tweed alternative for those who would like Green Irish Tweed blended into an oriental. I definitely wouldn't wear Bleecker Street in the summer.

As good as Bleecker Street may be, it doesn't satisfy me enough to get a full bottle, but I'd say it's definitely worth a try. The stuff lasts for ages (like all other Bonds) and the bottle is cool, too.

K1
K1

It's a linear scent which only changes the tone.
It's green, heavy green!
It opens with radiant fruity delicious chilly aromatic and friendly scent. It's one of the softest and purest opening I've ever smelt. Clean fruity and cool with leafy odor in the middle and base. Its middle episode is a little bit near to Comme de Garçons 2 when that is in dry down. But this one is so pure and clean. Presents a sour and yummy pleasant ans sugarless mood in an extremely modern way. This is scent of parks of New York with lots of trees in spring that separates you from the dirt in the air and on the asphalt!
It's one of the "easy to wear"est perfumes. Casual and so chic, it's the smell of a uptown guy, young and happy!
It's perfect for spring mid days in a happy dress and happy spirit.

longevity 10/10
sillahe 10/10
scent 10/10

I am such a sucker for pretty bottles. Bleecker St is no exception. As far as the scent goes, I find Bleecker St to be oddly different from anything I have tried but I kinda like it. The scent doesn't change around much on my skin. From the begining to the end, I get this mixture of fresh fruity vibe with a green woody/fougere scent. Strongest notes would be berries, leaves, cinnamon, cypress, suede, patchouli, and musk. Again, I am not a huge fan of patchouli, but I can tolerate the Bleecker St because of the juicy sweetness in here. It's a little fresh, a little heavy, a little sweet, and it can be potent. It's more for men than women too. Use it carefully because it lasts a looong time.

Remark: I find a bit similarity between this and Montauk somehow with the berries note.

guest_Pete
guest_Pete

If.......
There is a fragrance in the world that worth mention, that fragrance is Bleecker Street. Do a nasal enema to purge your olfactive system if you think this is not an excellent perfume.

I admire Bond no 9's ambition. They've carved up olfactory space and created entire sets of fragrances to encompass virtually every conceivable piece of the pie or chunk of the sphere--or slice of your wallet. Whatever your nose's desire, they aspire to have your corner covered. Their telos, let us be clear, is total olfactory-global domination. If they happen to create a few masterpieces along the way, well that's just fine, too!

This context explains, perhaps, at least in part, a creation as odd as BLEECKER STREET. There are lots of people shopping for citrus, floral, oriental, modern chypres, even skin scents and shampoo/conditioner frags--and there are indeed Bond no 9s to satisfy all of those needs. But with BLEECKER STREET, an aromatic fougere mislabeled as oriental woody, the people at Bond no 9 appear to be attempting to anticipate the Next Big Thing.

Could it be a thyme-heavy, violet leaf/blueberry (or is it cassis?)-leather frag? "Only the shadow knows." "The sky is the limit." "Think out of the box," and various and sundry other folk wisdoms appear to have erupted around the Bond boardroom strategy table, littered with empty Starbucks cups.

I have never set foot in a Bond no 9 boutique--I scrupulously avoid the stinky, sunless, angst-ridden streets of NYC--but I can guess what the experience is like. The SAs strewn apparently casually about the store, many dressed in black, have been arduously--even operantly--trained to make the big sell to anyone who walks through their doors. They have committed the complete current company flowchart to memory and the "assessment" begins with an innocent query of which perfumes the potential customer/convert currently wears.

BLEECKER STREET may be a hard sell for some, as it smells like nothing else. To others, this will be a virtue, and if the thyme-leather-violet leaf-blueberry (or is it cassis?) complex doesn't quite hit the spot, well, at least the vessel in which it is stored will positively shimmer on one's shelf!

soulsong
soulsong

This is just the type of perfume I don't like. I don't smell any of the notes they claim it has, except maybe jasmine. It smells watery, in the way that the ocean can smell repulsive. It is wierd because I like nearly all of the listed ingredients, but this isn't what I am experiencing. Maybe the dry down will improve my experience.

clairdelune
clairdelune

I recently tested Bleecker Street and unfortunately, can not give a good review. IMO a more apt name would be "Bleek" Street, for this is yet another banal and uninspired offering from what for me, is the perpetually disappointing house of Bond.
I'm really perplexed, actually. It seems like Bond has a winning formula; expert noses, a great concept - building perfumes around famous places, and stellar packaging, yet for me, almost all of these frags fall far short. Not only are they NOT full-bottle worthy, but I'm not even interested in finishing off the tiny tester vials, which are cutely (they really are cute) wrapped like little candies only to reveal their not-worth-bothering-with juice.
And moreover, this stuff is very pricey?!
For those who like and wear Bond, I'm glad you enjoy it, but with the exception of a few; China Town, Eau de New York, Lexington Avenue and Silver Factory, you'd have to pay me to wear these frags.

zohar
zohar

one of the best

guynspfld
guynspfld

I cannot stop smelling myself....I am not a fan of most Bond No 9, but this is amazing.....

Their is no other fragrance like it and the lasting power is very long. Only Korous and Cannabis Santal last longer.

For the price it is well worth it.....You wear it and people ask what it is and when you tell them they look at you funny, but nice to wear something that isnt on everyone.

Carla
Carla

Try this one if you want to capture the era of the 60's. The initial stage is a feel of green notes and the strength of cassis is apparent, more blackberry than blueberry). The next stage (and it takes awhile to get there) is a pop of cinnamon followed by the richness of cedar probably red cedar because of the aura of incense and the dewiness of the woody tone. The jasmine is ever so slight to my senses. The final stage of amber, suede and patchouli took me back in time to the retro Age of Aquarius, possibly a psychedelic experience? I think this fragrance is definitely unisex so it can be enjoyed by all. Bond No 9 did it again! I got Satisfaction(unlike Mick):) wearing this scent!

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

Every once in a while you come across a fragrance you fall in love with or in love with yourself when you wear it. This is one of those fragrances (at least for me).

Bleecker Street by Bond No 9 4.12 out of 5 based on 383 ratings and 67 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Bleecker Street fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Bleecker Street, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bleecker Street by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bleecker Street by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.