Designers » B » Chypre Floral « Groups

Bryant Park Bond No 9 for women

Bryant Park Bond No 9 for women
dislike

sour
Bryant Park Bond No 9 for women Pictures Bryant Park Bond No 9 for women Pictures Bryant Park Bond No 9 for women Pictures Bryant Park Bond No 9 for women Pictures

Bond No. 9 has devoted its 28th perfume to Bryant Park, the uptown part of New York where the Fashion Week takes place two times a year. This fragrance is mainly oriented and connected to fashion. The perfume is built on the harmony of rose and patchouli, spiced with pink pepper added to discord the composition. The main notes are lily of the valley, pink pepper and rhubarb in the top; rose and patchouli in the heart; and raspberry and amber in the base. The rhubarb brings in a fine tart note that contrasts the earthy note of patchouli. Together with pink pepper they create a fine balance to sweet and decadent raspberry and flowers. The perfume was created by Michel Almairac in 2007.

Bryant Park comes in 50ml at US$125 and 100ml bottle at US$185.

Pink Pepper Rhubarb Lily-of-the-Valley

Patchouli Rose

Amber Raspberry

Briar Rose

Bryant Park Fragrance Reviews

antihero
antihero

Bryant Park is familiar to me in a beautiful way. It evokes wonderful memories of England through rhubarb. As a child I lived in England and the food at school was amazing. It was the rhubarb pie I loved and I remember smelling rhubarb wafting from the kichen at school.
Bryant Park has that scent of rhubarb that is quite strong to me along with raspberry. I also smell rose and rosy pink pepper with patchouli.
The notes together are perfection to my nose, pure love.
I have been living off several samples of this that a friend gave me; she works where they carry Bond. This is a must have for me; I am hooked on Bryant Park. A quirky creation that is well worth testing.
Great longevity for me. I love this creation.

Yohji
Yohji

After few weeks of sniffing it from the decant with thoughts - "hmmm...spicy till point of camphore", medicinal way- its on my skin. On purpose I didn't look at the notes before, wanted to compare what I smell with the "actual thing"
On the skin - wow, its JUST a spicy-rose, or patchoili-rose, another strange comparison which came to my mind - good old wine from dusted bottles in French countryside as something in it recalls the smell of wine barrel. With hint of raspberry. I Am not a fan of prominent rhubarb - but its not usual open rhubarb - actually quite invisible one, playing his role of connection in between fruit and floral.
But still on me its big tall roses on the table in the vase, glass of dark French wine, and it is evening, when flowers producing more scent, you drink your wine slowly, you enjoy the rich scent of roses. Very vivid fragrance!

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I think I just have to acccept that while I love roses, I don't like rose perfumes. And this one compounds its original cloying sin by also smelling cheap, which it isn't.

smellME
smellME

A lemon kind of malish opening fresh but sharp.
It morphs slowly into a not as sharp rose scent that goes over on the feminine side. This is tangy and too cold and a little too sharp for a rose scent to be called mine...it reminds me of swarowski perfume I once owned and swapped. Nice to test but not for me !
First perfume in a long time I wanted to scrub but oh did it stick ...so I guess one positive thing is lasting power - if you like it !

Kayse
Kayse

Delightful clean dry down after an off putting hairspray opening.

pookerella
pookerella

Really nice after a while, but it's a bit of a punch in the nose at the onset. I assume it's the rhubarb/pink pepper. It goes away, and you're left with a velvety luscious cream berry scent, unlike anything I've ever experienced. Very unique.

TurdFerguson
TurdFerguson

I think it would take a very particular type of man to pull this off, because it immediately strikes me as a ladies' fragrance.

It isn't like anything I've ever smelled. It's fruity, but it's more mature than most fruity scents I've come across. The best word I can think of to describe it is "sensual." The price tag almost ensures that this frag is worn by only those with some amount of money, but if the bottle made you think this could be a staple of young, tied-cardigan ladies-who-lunch, the pachouli/pepper combination might make you think again. It seems to be much the opposite of the Love in White I've been wearing recently.

Nomorestars
Nomorestars

This is like eating a bowl of chilled, airy raspberry sorbet and, while you're eating, someone in the vicinity is washing windows. A light mist of windex falls atop the sorbet and ... you keep eating. I mean this in a good way.

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

This is a sharp sour rose, due to the first initial blast of raspberry and pink pepper. it takes around half an hour for it to mellow down. I personally prefer Briar rose as it doesn't have that sharp opening and the dirty sharp patchouli. But if you are a fan of raspberry i think this one gives you a great raspberry rose, sweetens up just a bit because of the amber. This is pretty much a skin scent after the initial sharp 30min-1hour. not much of a fan of this as the price is quite steep too.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Having just become introduced to Bond No 9 I am finding myself intrigued with this house. They are expensive for sure. I am in love with New Haarlem from first spray until last dry down which lasts the better part of the day for me. Now onto Bryant Park. First spray is WOO WOO IN YOUR FACE! Not liking it at all. Not sure what I smell. But as my friend always said "wait for it" "wait for it". Which did take about 15 minutes for me. It's very rich like all the ones I have tried so far, but this is very floral. I don't mind it, but I don't think I would ever purchase it again, and this bottle is up for grabs if anybody is interested. It's almost too feminine for me, too floral. While all the notes listed I like, they somehow don't mix well with my body chemistry. I can see this working on others though. It just isn't me. Not a total scrubber, and is not bad. Try before you buy a FB. It is more spring and daytime. The quality of Bond is there though.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

A distinctive boozey raspberry chypre. The patchouli is a bit dominating but makes for a very attention-getting scent. Best I think on a summer night out dancing. It might be romantic if softened by a vanillic layering frag. As it is, it is a head-turner but maybe a bit too brash for most fruit-fragrance lovers. Great longevity on me... it smelled the same on me well over 4 hours. Excellent silage too.

Bond No.9's Bryant Park is a fragrance I am neither impressed with nor repulsed by. To my nose, it falls into a fruity floral category rather than a floral chypre, and for that reason, seeing that fruity scents aren't really my thing, I'm left feeling rather under-whelmed.

The scent opened rather sweet and fruity on my skin, which I found both irritating and somewhat fascinating at the same time. The raspberries smell slightly candied, and I seem to detect a green melon note peeking through in the top notes. I usually enjoy rhubarb in fragrances, however I felt as if the note helped unbalance the overall blend. The initial stages of Bryant Park left me feeling a tad disappointed.

The pink rose in the heart, although present, is not what I consider the 'perfect rose accord'. The sweet fruits tend to overshadow the florals on my skin, making this fragrance smell slightly juvenile instead of mature like I hoped it would be. Perhaps the pink, glitzy bottle could act as a pre-warning for those searching for some depth.

Unfortunately I find Bryant Park synthetic and unoriginal. I hate to say that because it has so many fans, some of which are people whose tastes I greatly admire. I think for the price, it's really not worth it, even if the bottle is adorable.

The longevity is another downside to this fragrance, lasting a measly two hours on my skin. I was really shocked to discover that this was the result of an expensive EDP. Even more disappointing for me was its tame patchouli accord and lack of complexity. It's a thumbs down from me I'm afraid.

hildamari13
hildamari13

A co-worker had a bottle of Jennifer Lopez Still. I sprayed to try. Did not like it at first. As hours went by the dry down on my skin reminded me of a fragrance but could not recall at first. Then it hit me! Bryant Park! Could not believe it! They do share various notes, namely lily of the valley, pepper, and amber.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I don't believe this should be classified as a chypre floral as I can't get any woodsy or green notes in it - but definitely a fruity floral. It is a deliciously sweet raspberry rose smell, surely never intended to be worn by a man??? Very feminine. I can see some similarity to the floral notes in Chinatown (cherry blossom?). Very nice and I may get a bigger decant. I found the lasting power to be about 4 hours on my skin.

Cereza
Cereza

I was clumsy yet again, so spilled almost 0,7 ml on my left wrist (It happens too often, clumsy me).
But - I must say it's not such a disaster as the opening is very pleasent. It opens with gorgeous, fresh rapsberries, which for a moment are almost sickly sweet. Thanks good - after the first seconds and my shock about the fact that I have again overapplied something, it turns to a really comfy, warm rose scent.
The rose here is very refreshing, feminine and romantic. Together with raspberry it makes this perfume a "girly fantasy". I can feel patchoulli appear, so this from a "fruity floral" turns to a "chypre", which makes the rose appear little bot colder and grown up. From the top notes I cannot feel anything. Which is extremely good. Rhubarb? Please, no.
I get only refreshing raspberry and combo of patchoulli and rose.
The scent itself is very enjoyable and I think should not offend anyone, so would be a perfect, but pricy gift to every girly girl. Perfectly suited for office and everyday wear. I will pass on this one, as I do not find this to be something "special". On the other hand my boyfriend, sitting in front of the other computer 2 metres away from me is constantly sniffing air and asking what is this marvelous scent. I'm saying - it's Bond no 9 - Bryant park. Do you like it? He responds - I LOVE IT. I say - will you buy it for me then? It's 138$ and I'll wear it for you. His respond? Can I buy you something cheaper?

Oh, well. So no Bryant Park for me. Would gladly receive this as a gift as I think it is a crowd pleaser, but would not buy it myself.

Natalie467
Natalie467

Bryant Park had me at first sniff, very sweet and luscious. Only problem is that I have to practically bathe myself in it in order for me to get an occasional whiff of it shortly after applying it. Nobody else is going to smell it unless they put their nose to your skin. Zero sillage and lasting power, very disappointing in that aspect.

Having now reviewed about 30 perfumes from the House of Creed, self-proclaimed perfumers of the royal rich, famous and powerful since 1760, I feel compelled to begin my first Bond no. 9 review by observing that I find absolutely no basis whatsoever for the oft-repeated allegation that Bond no. 9 somehow copied or "ripped off" Creed.

I defy, in this case, anyone to identify the Creed--or any other--fragrance that BRYANT PARK is supposedly a copy of. BRYANT PARK is a luscious, innovative modern chypre which skillfully blends notes too often applied heavyhandedly in recent perfume creations. I am thinking here in particular of pink peppercorn, raspberry, and patchouli.

These strong, distinctive notes, whose clarion voices cry out for attention, vying for the leading role and sometimes completely drowning out less assertive notes, work together in BRYANT PARK as a chorus, with rhubarb, rose, and lily of the valley equally important. I really love this composition: smooth and luscious with an oakmoss-free chyprelike quality of thickness. I could spray this gorgeous creation on all day long.

Which brings me to the only criticism I have of BRYANT PARK: it's delicious addictiveness may lead to serious financial troubles down the line, for the longevity is quite poor. In order to continue to ride along this cloud of olfactory heaven, I must reapply BRYANT PARK every couple of hours or so. But honestly, the stuff is so delectable that I'm beginning to appreciate what it must be like to be a crack addict: I just don't care!

mocha43
mocha43

This was among my samples and I tried it around 4 times. It begins with sort of an earthy smell, pleasant, then develops the pepper and rose scents. It clings to the skin gently- there is no va-voom to it. It is pleasant, light, and relaxed. But who wants to afford it when there are better, more affordable fragrances out there?

belletresor
belletresor

At first application: most noticeable notes are the raspberry and rhubarb. The spicy pink pepper shows through a bit. At this point, it is reminding me of a fruity shampoo that was on sale at the grocery which I bought to bathe my dog so he will smell "peachy" instead of "doggy".

A while later: still primarily sweet with a bit of a peppery note. A little, teensy bit of patchouli shows up in the drydown, but it is a minor player. I would describe it thusly: sweet, fresh, soft.

My overall reaction: meh

Could substitute for the fragrance they put in Garnier Fructis or Clairol Herbal Essence shampoos.

As a fragrance, does not stand out from the crowd of other fruity florals (the category where it belongs - I would argue it's NOT a chypre floral). I would not pay over $100 for this, it just isn't impressive enough.

Well, I may have to try this again, as my experience doesn't remotely match what other reviewers are saying here.It goes only my skin smelling sharp and chemical, like insect repellent and sweet flowers. Then it starts to change to a dusty green tea feeling with super sweet candied flowers, not bad, but a sharply sweet.I suspect that's the raspberry. After that, I get what smells remarkably like Lemon Verbena and then it fades really fast to almost nothing. It's not a heavy fragrance to start with, but after about an hour, there's almost nothing left.

sofiii
sofiii

This is also my favourite among all the Bond No 9's, and I love it.

As F_A said, yes, it's really refereshing and sparkling.
On me, Bryant Park smells really linear, even though this could seem to be boring, but the perfume shines in a special way.

I get a lot of patchouli, which blended really well with the florals and fruits. So the earthy (even a little bit medicine-like) patchouli scent has been softened and the perfume gets a little bit femininer. There's no really distintive notes beside the patchouli, and everything's blended well like a piece of transparent art deco glass.

Some might feel Bryant park is still kinda too edge or too mausculine, but to me, I think it's just perfectly representing the indepandent woman who will wear it. Don't know why when I wear it, I can imagine the feeling of runway, the light, the make-ups, the fashion, the drinks and maybe the atmosphere there etc.

When you are wearing it, it's close to you, boosting your confidence as if you are standing under the spotlight; but to the others, it's nice, but in a sharp and a little distant way, as if it's saying "Don't mess with me'. it's definetely not the sweet seductive sexy kitten, but a grown-up proud wolf who knows what she wants.

sophiaalmas
sophiaalmas

I absolutely love this fragrance, was my favorite of the Bond lot, but am very dissapointed with the lasting power. Cant think of anything other scent that it reminds me...any suggestions?

F_A
F_A

Thanks to rebella I have a chance to try Bryant park. On my skin it smells like sweet, ripe, dark red cherries in the top notes, then the sweetness disappears leaving a scent of a sparkling refreshing cherry drink!

The lasting power is ok, could be better.
I would recommend Bryant park for everyone who's looking for cherry smelling fragrance.

rebella
rebella

Pretend it´s the hottest day in summer and you´re wandering around in a big, busy and quite unknown city with someone you care for, your partner, a close friend or maybe your mother. There´s a lot to look at, but you´re feeling hot, thirsty and a bit exhausted. The person you´re with takes you to a unknown bulding and tells you that he/she have a surprise for you. You enter the bulding and take the elevator to the top flore where it is the most amazing bar with posh atmosphere, aircondition and amazing, modern decoration. You sat down at a table and you order something to drink, the waiter suggest you to try The super sunny summer special-drink, and you both accept. After a while you´re served an amazing blend in beautiful big glasses. The drink is creamy redish pink and seems to be so delicious, cool and refreshing. You taste it and the most wonderful tastes of berries, a little rhubarb, exquisit liqeurs, some sissling champagne, vanilla ice cream and a lot of other really good but unknown ingredients. Bryant Park smells like that drink would taste. I think it must be a terrific summer frag. You feel fresh, cool and kind of poch when using Bryant Park, or at least I do.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

hello and welcome. :)

bryant park is a fragrance for women, and it is intended to be a light and easygoing daytime fragrance.

2007

BeautyBar.com
Eau De Parfum
Bond No. 9 New York Swarovski Collection Bryant Park Eau de Parfum
Bond No. 9 New York Swarovski Collection Bryant Park Eau de Parfum

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Bryant Park fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Bryant Park, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bryant Park by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bryant Park by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.