Designers » B » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Central Park West Bond No 9 for women and men

Central Park West Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

yellow floral
Central Park West Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures Central Park West Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures Central Park West Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

Central Park West by Bond No 9 is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Central Park West was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Laurent Le Guernec. Top notes are narcissus, ylang-ylang and pepper; middle notes are jasmine, gardenia, lime (linden) blossom and orris root; base notes are vetiver, oak moss, oak and musk.

Narcissus Ylang-Ylang Pepper

Michael

Central Park West Fragrance Reviews

Merl
Merl

The beautiful fragrance of Central Park West, CPW is very similar in all qualities to Estee Lauder's fabulous Tuberose Gardenia collection and some far-less expensive gardenia perfumes. Although I adore CPW, I need to watch my spending. If you want to save, then buy a lotion-fragrance combo of ELTG offered as a special or a high-quality bargain gardenia. Some people love Liz Taylor's gardenia perfume. Some online sellers sell the Bond lines for much less than the standard $200 for 1.7 oz. Therefore, I plan to return my CPW for a better deal. Otherwise, CPW is great perfume, mostly gardenia just like from the garden; and I did not notice any soapiness or synthetic dry down, even after several hours. Don't spray on too much; a little goes a long way and lasts all day.

Thanx smellME for the sample.
Strongsmelling, sweet but wonderful. Lots of Narcissus and Gardenia in a creamy way with some pale pepper and Ylang-Ylang. In base the Musk dance around alot on my skin. gorgeous! But use with care - or else it will become thick and overwhelming in an awful way. ... and it reminds me of another scent.. and it took me a few hours to figure it out.. Carolina Herrera, Carolina Herrera EdP, white box with golden dots.. same heavysweet Narcissus-note.. they are really similar on my skin, but Bond costs about 3 times more.

Tack smellME för provet.
Starkdoftande! Söt men underbar. Massor av Narcisser och Gardenia på ett krämigt mjukt sätt med en aning av peppar och Ylang-Ylang. I basen dansar Musken runt på min hud. Ljuvlig! Spreja försiktigt- annars blir den tjock och kvalmig på ett obehagligt sätt.
.. och den påminner om..det tog mig några timmar att lura ut det.. Carolina Herrera, Carolina Herrera EdP, vit box med guldduttar på. Samma tunga Narcissus-not. De är riktigt lika på min hud, men Bond kostar ungefär 3 gånger så mycket...

smellME
smellME

Too sweet candy smell...
Too strong...
Too linear...
Bottle is cute though !

Winter Peyroux
Winter Peyroux

Waaayyy too sweet, for my tastes. A very sweet gardenia-led floral. Not cheap-smelling, but very much does not work for me. Cute bottle, of course.

butterbean
butterbean

Gardenia all the way!

Opens with a blast of STRONG white florals with gardenia standing in front. It has the a very light peppery note --just faintly there almost undetectable.

20 min later its very gardenia with a hint of jasmine. As it wears it becomes more creamy gardenia and sweetens up more and more. There is a somewhat tropical vibe similar to a monoi scent.

The musk comes out during the dry down and you notice the bite of vetiver and oakmoss. The orris root gives it a dryness that is faintly powdery and a very lightly soap vibe mixed with these notes. Don't get me wrong I HATE soapy scents so when I say soapy -- this is uber light.

10-12 hours later this fragrance is a GORGEOUS sweet gardenia that is still beautiful yet more subtle.

It is very similar to Bond No 9 Saks Fifth Ave for her - only it is minus the tuberose, and I think this one has not just gardenia but it smells like it has gardenia and tiare (a diff variety of gardenia) that gives Central Park West the tropical energy to it.

The reviews below are far too harsh. If you don't like Gardenia you WON'T like this. It is not a scrubber if you know how to apply strong white florals.

If you spray it all over or you won't like it. 2-3 sprays with a light hand is enough and it lasts all day -- and into the next.

It is like the gardenia in Amarige minus the tuberose and not the oriental notes of Amarige - just the gardenia floral. It has that type of strength to it. A little goes a long way - massive and I mean massive longevity!

Germany
Germany

Too much white flower!!! Too much ylang ylang ,and too much narcissus,,, just too much of a good thing. Too strong and too feminine in your face loud perfume. And too much bottle ;) and probably too much money !

pookerella
pookerella

Yeah, this one is quite a scrubber. Headache material.

It doesn't start out that way. It starts out kinda nice, soft, not white flower heavy (due to the yellow top notes) but whenever you put gardenia and jasmine together, at some point you may as well forget everything else, as it will completely disappear.--except for whatever is pungent green in there. Wow, is that powerful!

This is not as cloying as Saks Fifth Ave for Her, but I would suggest wearing this on the wrists ONLY and just the teeniest little bit. I like this perfume for about 5 minutes. Then I am ready to scrub it off!

Note: If you are a lover of white flowers (or if you don't love them, but you would like to) try Louis Malle's Carnal Flower. This is a tuberose that will highly impress you. Probably one of the highest quality perfumes I've ever had the honor to smell. I do not love white flowers, but Carnal Flower made me think again.

prettyswag
prettyswag

I tested this one out and its a major scrubber for me...a screechy white floral..with a manly musk tone...totally hated this...love bryant park though!

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

This is way too much for me. It's a beautiful fragrance, but on my skin, it's a massive-sillage white-floral bomb that just doesn't work, and even after scrubbing with soap three times AND taking a shower, it's still there. I just can't get it GONE. I'm horrified that a perfume costing over a third of a paycheck would be so godawful on my skin...thank goodness for Nordstrom and their generous sample policy!

Amor1
Amor1

Stunning! I think Park Avenue princesses use it. Its elegant, floral, warm and classy. I wish, I could afford it (255 EUR). I luv it!

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

this is just lovely and i am not a floral girl, but it is not cloying and overbearing. i wish it would last longer than an hour. glad i just got a sample. at least i can try them all!!!!!!!

daisy25
daisy25

i haven't tested this one but i just adore the smell of gardenia and i loved the boottle of this perfume!that's why i started looking at the reviews of this perfume.Next month i will come to New York for the first time in my life and i would like to buy a perfume that its name will remind me of this trip(like this one) and secondly it will contain my favorite gardenia.But as i can see this one is a little bit expensive.I would appreciate if someone could recommend me a perfume.thanks a lot...!!!!!

Francop
Francop

I Love this Superfloral Power Frag Bond no 9...keep them coming...!

Great Longevity and sillage...!!!

Double Thumbs up !!!

InessaBell
InessaBell

OMG!!! The best perfume ever. When I wear it people go crazy. I am sooo difficult to please with perfumes but this one is the most unique and amazing. I dont know of any perfumes that can even come close. Its romantic, it sexy, it sensuous. Just great. Definitely worth the price.

Bond no 9 CENTRAL PARK WEST is a *very* strong floral perfume. That's right: perfume, not eau de toilette or eau de parfum. So that's the first important point. I have worn this creation now about four times but have barely made any inroads at all into my purse spray. I'm not complaining, mind you. In an age of dilute juice with cologne longevity being fobbed of as eau de parfum, Bond no 9 is providing lots of big sillage and excellent longevity.

These are only welcome, however, in the case of CENTRAL PARK WEST, if you happen to appreciate Big Fat Floral Fragrances. This is not a joke. If you have any issue with white flowers or big sillage, you'll want to stay very far away. You'd be much better off with your genteel Jo Malones and L'Artisan Parfumeurs, all traces of which evaporate within the course of two hours (at least on my skin...).

I initially did not like this perfume. It seemed like a product of Lego perfumery--perhaps a mixture of SAKS FOR HER and HARRODS ROSE. The flowers here are so strong individually: gardenia and narcissus loom very large, but there's also jasmine and ylang. Not for the faint-hearted. This almost has a 1980s vibe, in fact.

CENTRAL PARK WEST is about as far from CENTRAL PARK as a composition could possibly be, but when I look at the bottle in which CENTRAL PARK WEST is housed, it all begins to make sense. Doesn't that purple houndstooth smack of middle-aged women of leisure sporting St. John or Chanel suits? Think about it. And then there's the pink hat, which goes perfectly as a topper to those boiled wool jackets.

Now that I've figured out how strong this perfume is, I am more favorably disposed toward it. But it is very floral and there is a kind of yellowish powdery feeling, imparted perhaps by the narcissus. I love narcissus, but here it is really ramped up by the gardenia to an almost megaphonic level.

This creation is a part of a recent cluster of überfloral perfumes launched by Bond no 9, and it fits in well with I LOVE NY FOR EARTH DAY, which, against my expectations, is a big powdery tuberose perfume (how many guys bought that one, thinking that it would be something along the lines of CENTRAL PARK? I wonder...). SAG HARBOR, too, is a part of this bunch, packing a mighty punch of peony.

At this stage, I think that it's safe to say that I'm still somewhat ambivalent about CENTRAL PARK WEST. The more I think about it, there is almost a Giorgio-esque quality to this bouquet of superstrong flowers--although I do find that they smell natural here.

I'll try CENTRAL PARK WEST again in the fall or wintertime...

stelladoro
stelladoro

A horrendously sordid gardenia, dragged under by a gigantic narcissus and a rain of pepper. The first few minutes after a small test spray, I became intensely nauseous and prayed that my head wouldn't begin throbbing. Definitely industrial strength, cloyingly sweet and over ripe.
The bottle, however, suits the fragrance - cutesy, loud, awkward and pre-adolescent.
After thirty minutes the dry-down was rather pleasant, but not pleasant enough to endure the first half hour.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Interesting, as much as i dont like musk, i dont think this is bad. It feels like a scent for a powerful, successful woman. I'm imagining a lady in her 30's or 40's wearing a great Chanel suit or dress. It's strong, musky, yet feminine, original enough for it not to bore or bother. 4 stars out of 5.

aqua76239
aqua76239

Out of all Bond fragrances I sampled this weekend, this was my favorite(which is really not saying much since I like it but don't love it). As soon as I tried it, I realized it reminded me of something I have smelled before. Two scents come to mind-Gucci Rush or now discountinued St John. This definately smells of gardenia but not fresh, green flower. This is more of a sweet gardenia that is very creamy, probably from addition of ylang-ylang and jasmine. Its nice but not worth the insane price tag, in my opinion

Aspendina
Aspendina

i have never been able to try a Bond No 9 ($390 for a 3.3oz who do they think they are and what is this made out of?) i got a sample in a magazine of this one and couldn't wait to try it on. First off everyone is saying if u hate gardenia u wont like it well it is one of my most hated flowers but i actually to really like this alot, is a lovely white floral wit a kinda powder in the mix, but not baby powder and some type of berry maybe like sweet blueberry (although not in the notes) this is very nice and i like it alot but the price of this fragrances are ridiculous so of course i will not be buying it.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Very well made, woodsy white floral. Creamy and sophisticated with good sillage and lasting power. I do pick up the vetiver and oakmoss, which lends a nice tangy bite to the drydown. A beauty that will probably be most appreciated by those over 35. The bottle is tacky and doesn't reflect the juice inside - disappointing.

microwavesally
microwavesally

I love this fragrance, but I also love gardenia. If your not crazy about gardenia this scent is not for you.

Udaria
Udaria

I seldom write a negative review, but this one is a scrubber. I could not wash it off fast enough. Of course, I am not a fan of white flowers unless they are creamy and in combination with a bouquet of something else, flowery or powdery.
Central Park West has some sort of an industrial smell to it, like glycerin. Cannot accept anything of it.
The design is rather tacky also. The Rose adornment was fitting with Madison Square Park and that was original, to pair it again with a purple hound stock pattern is an aberration of taste.
Not for me.

First of all, I'm personally not a white flower fan, so I'm sorry if I offend anyone.

By looking at it and after smelling it, I'm still not sure what this scent have to do with Central Park West. Plus it shouldn't be adorned with a pink flower because there is nothing to do with it.

To me, my first impression is the scent is indeed all about white flowers. It's not sweet nor harsh. I get something like a mild incense and a light fruity accord that help me not to get smacked around by the white flowers. Later it gets slightly plastic powdery; must be the ylang-ylang. For the base, it seems so laughable that vetiver is listed here at all.

To be brutal, Central Park West reminds me of an older wealthy lady walking her dog and a church on that side of the park. Should I mention "a funeral home" too?

To be nice, it's a really nice and rich white floral scent. Among my collection, I'd compare it to Belle d'Opium but much less sweet. Gardenia seems to be the strongest here, and it is a good thing. (I still like my Opium better!)

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that there are white floral fragrances out there that are less expensive but just as good or better. So keep looking around, folks.

diako
diako

A wonderful fragrance

cherrycola
cherrycola

This perfume was misnamed. I feel that a perfume with such strong, exotic notes should have more aptly been named "Bronx Zoo." Central Park West calls to mind a more woody, grassy, flowery scent-- refined, but slightly more off-beat and younger than, say, Central Park East. But maybe I'm too literal-minded.
Another name that came to mind while wearing this scent for the first time was "Attack of the White Flowers!" Man, I loved it at first-- it smells gorgeous and sweet-- almost gourmand. But I kept waiting for it to shift into something either lighter and sharper or earthier and more bitter. This never happened. Just sweet, sweet, tropical and creamy-- like drowning in melted vanilla ice cream. This is a very strong perfume with good silage-- four hours later and it's just now fading away. I love the way it smells and it would be beautiful on a hot summer night. It also might also be yummy applied VERY sparingly here and there for an intimate evening. But I'm a complicated woman and need a little bitter with the sweet.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Couldn't believe how much I enjoyed this one. It's gardenia and other flowers but it's so creamy smelling like it's melting and stirring and wafting through the air. Couldn't believe how Creamy it was without any Vanilla or Tonka Bean or something like that. I wish I would've gotten a sample!

jonr951
jonr951

I love the bottle! I hate that I live so far away from a Saks! I never get to try the new Bonds. I'm looking forward to this new one. : )

Central Park West by Bond No 9 3.52 out of 5 based on 94 ratings and 27 user reviews

Bond No. 9 New York 'Central Park West' Pocket Spray
Bond No. 9 New York 'Central Park West' Pocket Spray
Bond No. 9 New York 'Central Park West' Pocket Spray 0.2 oz
Bond No. 9 New York 'Central Park West' Pocket Spray 0.2 oz
BOND NO. 9 CENTRAL PARK WEST for WOMEN by Bond No. 9 EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
BOND NO. 9 CENTRAL PARK WEST for WOMEN by Bond No. 9 EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
BOND NO. 9 CENTRAL PARK WEST for WOMEN by Bond No. 9 EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
BOND NO. 9 CENTRAL PARK WEST for WOMEN by Bond No. 9 EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Bond No. 9 New York 'Central Park West' Fragrance
Bond No. 9 New York 'Central Park West' Fragrance
Bond No. 9 Central Park West Eau De Parfum Spray Swarovski Edition 100ml 3.3oz
Bond No. 9 Central Park West Eau De Parfum Spray Swarovski Edition 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Central Park West fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Central Park West, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Central Park West by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Central Park West by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.