Designers » B » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Chez Bond Bond No 9 for men

Chez Bond Bond No 9 for men
dislike

ozonic

Chez Bond by Bond No 9 is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Chez Bond was launched in 2003. The fragrance features citruses, tea, grass, sandalwood, green notes, violet leaf, vetiver and cedar.

Citruses Tea Grass Sandalwood Green Notes Violet Leaf Vetiver Cedar

Green Irish Tweed

Chez Bond Fragrance Reviews

seekritdude
seekritdude

Smells a lot like well.. cool water, and GIT. And honestly I dont care for either of those. That being said obviously cool water is the loser between. But its also waaaaay cheaper. But you know here is one thing I will give Chez... Its by far the best smelling on paper.

On paper its actually kinda nice smelling, and more distinguishably different. Well OK perhaps thats misleading. I stil wouldnt buy it, but hey I do think it edges out the others in terms of smell on paper alone. However sadly on my skin, boom. They all smell the same.

Pass for me.

johnsmunro
johnsmunro

I absolutely adore this fragrance. Possibly more then I love Creed Green Irish Tweed, and GIT is my signature scent at the moment. While the two are similar at first glance, they differ in many ways. I find GIT to be a bit heavier and masculine. Chez Bond is a little more sparkly, with a sweet note to it. The citrus in both are done superbly. I love them both equally, that I keep both on hand at all times. The women I work with seems to prefer Chez Bond more then GIT (but only slightly). As with most Bonds and Creeds, price doesn't help you make the decision with which to purchase. Get samples of each and make the choice accordingly. Or if money isn't an issue do what I do and get both! Enjoy. Happy Hunting!

MrChrisD
MrChrisD

All I can say is "WOW!" I don't say that often anymore. This has to be my new favorite! I keep reading about similarities between this and Creed's Green Irish Tweed but I just don't smell it. They both smell great though. Bond No. 9 Chez Bond is definitely the winner!

10/10 scent!
Well worth the money!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Lots of lemony orange to open with masculine green notes and sharp violet leaf.

As Chez Bond softens, the violet leaf deepens and sandalwood gives a lovely sweet wooded dimension to the heart.

The drydown is warm with the comforting character of tea without the note being too prominent in aroma. Delicious orange-sandalwood radiance with sueded green accents makes for a refined and familar finish.

zaetown
zaetown

On my skin this smells exactly like GIT, did a side by side and the only slight difference to me was that GIT did smell more natural and a bit more vibrant to the trained nose that is. Silliage and projection were the same but CB did project further in the end drydown. Still not sure if I prefer one over the other but as a creed fan I probably wud buy a fb of GIT for the scent alone.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I recently came across Chez, I did read some of the review's but that didn't change my mind. I have to agree with Sherapop, it's not unisex enough for her liking...it's too masculine. I personally found Hampton too feminine than for man. I do agree that you can certainly pick up a similarity between CW and Chez. Awhile back before buying Chez I was looking for Git, if I could find it at a reasonable price I would of definitely picked it up.
Nonetheless, I'm very pleased with Chez and I don't find it cheap as a lot have suggested. Not all frag's smell the same on everyone so keep in mind that whatever is said, it may or may not be for you.
longevity and Silage are both good lasting longer than 6hrs.
Overall opinion,
The marketing strategy is to keep the price high fooling a lot in thinking that it's worth what you pay for. By not having the fragrance's on sale it gives the impression that it's worth it. Unfortunately I'm not prepared to pay the high price for GIT or AVENTUS only because the market is flooded with these products instead of a vintage frag which is hard to find.
Rating this fragrance aside from all negative, I do enjoy the fragrance and I've also had several woman come up and compliment me on the fragrance I was wearing....8.5/10
P.S. I only paid 49usd and its authentic!!!

Bcshak
Bcshak

To me there's a strong similarity to GIT, which includes Cool Water. The scent is fantastic and has staying and projection power but at this cost, though I would rather find something else, if I wanted this scent and cash strapped, I would just get cool water, even if GIT and Chez Bond have a better quality smell.

burgundyaltima

One of my most complimented fragrances..ladies love this..projects beastly..i enjoy the dry down but the top notes very cloying..that herbal note very intense in beginning but as it dries that's when I can enjoy it..creamy...green..clean..sexy ..my 19 year old sister told me it smells kinda girly/unisex..in comparison to Creed GIT its masculine and fresh from opening to end..Chez bond is still a good fragrance but i prefer CREED GIT

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Chez Bond EDP is my first Bond No. 9 and I am really impressed. I love it! It is light, airy and just right for the South Florida climate. I hate saying this but it does smell a bit like GIT. GIT is a lot stronger than Chez Bond though.
Anyways, back to Chez Bond. I wore it this morning to work and I already got a few compliments. I can smell it on me and it makes me feel very happy. I will be wearing it very often.

Marciu

Btw, I accidentally layered it with Bvlgari Extreme Pour Homme - which amplified the tea note and gave it some spiciness. Worth a try!

And really - I can't see similarities with Davidoff's Cool Water nor with Creed's Green Irish Tweed...

Marciu

One of the most beautiful compositions I've EVER smelled!

It opens up very with very green and citrusy sharp notes - I guess it's a mix of violet leaf, grass and citruses. Soon it gets much smoother(but still green) when tea comes in. It's very calming, but still refreshing, a little more balmy than in the beggining. The base is woody, but tea and green notes still are there in the background. Cedar is much more prominent than vetiver.

Longevity is excellent - it stays on me easilly for 8-9 hours, but the sillage is below average and it's mainly a skin scent - projects good for about 30-45 minutes.

Does it remind me of anything? Well - yes. I feel like it has some DNA of Platinum Egoiste - it has its greennes but without that metallic touch. The mix of tea, citruses and violet leaf smell a bit like opening of Gucci Pour Homme II (but it's much different than Gucci - it's not so spicy, much smoother and balmier).

Is it worth its price? To me - definitely. You are paying for the quality of this fragrance here. And you can feel the quality of each ingredient. It's the most versatile fragrance that I know - I guess. And I have to have it.

Ralphje1977
Ralphje1977

Got the most compliments with this scent! It is a nice green fragrance. I love it. Good for spring and summer. Bought my 100 ml bottle in Zwitserland. Got it with 50% discount:-)

burgundyaltima

I've received compliments left and right with this one.. leaves a good scent trail! a female co-worker said i smelled really good and my lady ALWAYS say i smell good whenever i wear this..

Belil
Belil

Simple, somewhat reminiscent of laundry detergent. Quite generic sexy guy scent. When smelling it it makes me feel like when I was a teen and sniffed cool water from magazine ads with heavenly gorgeous men. Yet, being generic it has it's own sophistication. It's all about safety and masculinity. Maybe because it acts so soothing on my brain. Really good job at the proportionate beauty of the blend.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

This is some high quality juice with very good sillage at 6 or 7 hrs. This is one of my top scents. Many women LOVE this. Clean, fresh and very sexy. Full Bottle is a must. The tea notes separate this from the rest. It is bracing but still very cool!!!

nszlufik
nszlufik

I dont know how I felt so compelled to purchase this fragrance despite it being so similar to cool water. Its a nice fragrance but frankly not different enough from cool water for me to have shelled out even the $100 I paid for it from fragrancenet. Yes it smells good, yes its classy and yes most all of the other reviews on here that havent torn this frag up are correct. There are minor differences but the differences are not noticeable enough for me to consider them worth the premium. Never smelled Green Irish Tweed so cannot speak of the similarities or differences there.
For the price of this guy, you could try two other brand new frags and be just as satisfied if not more.

K1
K1

Davidoff Cool Water or Creed Green Irish Tweed with more piney and sharp notes. Like something inexpensive, older than the two named fragrances, but discontinued and relaunched again.
Sharp fresh piney spicy familiar, so familiar scent.

Castor
Castor

A better quality version of Cool Water? A similar quality version of GIT?

I'll have to conduct a comparisson between these three.

Travis453
Travis453

Cool water just got a lot pricier... It does at least smell like a highly refined cool water and also blows green Irish tweed away. I just can't seem to get into that entire side of fragrances and that's why I don't like Chez Bond, and dread cool water, or at least a $240 cool water...

Lausal2328
Lausal2328

It opens very green and clean & then developed to something slightly woodsy, do agree that reminds me of cool water but is less acquatic, nice fragrance with very good longevity and sillage.

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

'Chez' by Bond No9 with it's sparkling opening like the corking of a fine champagne with a whif of cool green air followed by a rich tantalising taste of sweetness and love. When the day ahead is going to be filled with opportunity and passion 'Chez' will remind you of sun filled moments and heavenly bodies frolicking in the sun. Love it after an intense work out (know what I mean) and wanting to feel fresh and invigorated...Awesome chaps!

L'amoureux
L'amoureux

I thought I was the only one that thought it smelled like cool water haha! Still amazing, totally worth it.

cpa5oh
cpa5oh

I've been wearing this cologne for a week (sample I was given when I purchased another Bond fragrance.) It's a very solid fragrance - smells spicy but very smooth...clean and fresh with just a little twist of I'm not exactly sure what (I'm thinking herbal tea?) I can't see anyone being put off by this scent - it isn't extremely bold. Seems very suitable for spring/summer. I notice it about 6 hours from when I first put it on, so the longevity seems good to me for a spring/summer suited fragrance. I like it, but I'm not sure that it's different enough for me to purchase it. I'll play around with other colognes and come back to this and see how I feel about purchasing it at that point.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Smells nice and the longevity on this is tremendous, but it's just too similar to Cool Water to be worth the additional cost of a full bottle.

burgundyaltima

unisex..very clean and green herbal notes at the top.. kind of get a barbershop vibe.. first spray reminded me of GIT and cool water..dry down very soft.. i like but not sure if its worth the price tag

fuggerone
fuggerone

just got it in my wardrobe, lightly herbal just great for summere, at first disliked then the sample started growing on me..
heavy sillage!

Amirulnikadam
Amirulnikadam

I love this perfume!
its one of my all time favorite.
this perfume has amazing silage and longevity .
i was quite surprised when a lot of people say it smells like cool water and GIT
and recently i got a chance to smell cool water and GIT.
its smells nothing like cool water.
a little close to GIT on the dry down but definitely not the the same.
they're are both a gorgeous scent nonetheless

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

On my skin it starts off citrusy, green, spicy, sweet and mildly woody. I liked the opening notes very well. Mildly "masculine" and highly refreshing. Then violet leaf peeks out, grabbing centre stage alongside patchouli and sandalwood. The citrus notes get subdued.

Smells like men's aftershave or deodorants but a high quality one.
It dries down roughly the same - green, spicy, woody, musky. Supposedly unisex and I guess the only type of female who can pull this off is one in a full military uniform. Really.

For now, I think it's nice but I can't see myself parting $429 for a 3.4 fl oz bottle at Sephora. Crazy. It doesn't help when the Sephora salesperson keeps pushing you to buy a bottle on the spot!

Longevity: good 6 hours before I bathed.
Sillage: moderate for the first 2 hours.

Kilian Chicago
Kilian Chicago

I love this scent. It really resembles platinum egoiste by chanel but boy do I get compliments when I wear it. If anybody wants a sample, just shoot me an email.

daniel_vinson@s5a.com

jawsh3539
jawsh3539

I don't think it's the same as GIT as some say. I had a few sample bottles and gave it a good try. The scent is good, but for some reason started to bug me when wearing it. I actually wanted it to wear off but it lasts a while. I got no compliments while wearing it which was a surprise because I thought it would get some. Basically for the price I think you can do better.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I have to re-write my review for Chez Bond because my test wearing was evidently not under the proper conditions for it (outdoors in the cold, with a stiff wind). I wore it again today and was finally able to reach a clearer analysis.

On another forum someone mentioned that when you try Green Irish Tweed, you're also trying Chez Bond. That's mostly true, in my opinion. Again, as I stated originally, CB and GIT are very close. But CB is not as linear as I previously thought. It opens with a very fresh, sweet, green-violet note, sort of a 2/3rds version of GIT's opening, minus the richness of octyn esters (I erroneously thought octyn esters were part of this fragrance). There's also a smidgen of mint in there that I associate with Aspen. The opening remains fresh and sweet for a good ninety minutes. Then things shift gears.

CB dries into a woody tea & milk accord, still tinged in violet sweetness, but not as green as before. The creaminess of this accord upholds the drydown for around five hours before fading off. There isn't much movement beyond this two-step. Chez Bond shares precious few similarities with Cool Water. You won't get green apple out of Chez Bond (you will from GIT), and you won't smell any lavender either. To sum up, Chez Bond is a redux of GIT, using only synthetics. The ambergris base is replaced by a thinner sandalwood-black tea-milk trifecta, which approximates the same effect as GIT's base. Between the two fragrances, I'd say it's no contest - get Green Irish Tweed. It's more natural, a bit more complex, and has better longevity. Chez Bond, while nice, is superfluous.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Smells great! Not too original, but hey, isn't everything new, just something old re-hashed? Does absolutely smell like GIT and CW and somewhat Aspen. Chain of Wealth goes like this:
Uber rich: Large GIT
Rich: Chez Bond
Middle Class: Cool Water
Poor: Aspen

Don't get me wrong, I own Aspen and like it. There is something to be said tho for these notes when 4 different colognes smell like it and are marketed to every social class...

babygurl72
babygurl72

This stuff is great! Smells like GIT but better on me. I bought it blind based on the reviews and so glad I did. It starts off green and balmy and transforms into something beautiful. The lasting power for me is better than GIT and if you are afraid to buy it, don't be.

kambelzful
kambelzful

This is easily my favorite grassy/mossy scent. Yes, it resembles Green Irish Tweed, but GIT and Cool Water are both a little too bland smelling for my taste. Chez Bond is a little more sweet, floral and powdery. It's just a much nicer scent to my nose. I also get a much more dense wood and grassy vibe as well. Don't get me wrong, I like Creed fragrances better than Bond's, but this one just does the mossy scent better. It's also one of the most versatile scents I own. In my opinion, it can easily be worn casually or formally. 9/10.

Wano
Wano

More similarities to CW than GIT. Not bad, but for the price you may want CW instead, and if you got the money, go for the real deal GIT.

sentyc
sentyc

This is identical to Cool Water. I personally am not a big fan of CW, so the after the first few minutes of wearing this (sampled it at a local perfume outlet) I tried to wash it off. This scent isn't for me!

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Violet vanilla sublime with a gentle leather lining. It doesn't take much. There's no comparison other than to note that the other stars in the Bond constellation make more sense near this one.

This is more herbal (from the tea note) and less floral than GIT. I can see the idea of comparing them but to point out the differences rather than the similarities. There is a soft/vanllic quality that comes out over time but it may be too synthetic smelling for me. I think it's just too strong so I will likely dilute this a bit and try to wear it normally. I have only done this with One Man Show and Kouros so that gives you some idea of how strong Chez Bond is. I don't see much reason to compare it to Cool Water, other than it is not entirely different. I'll update when I wear it in the regular way.

yogaboxer
yogaboxer

I would buy it if it were cheaper & wear it twice a week. In between the days i wear Acqua Digio and Polo Black

etokatlian
etokatlian

A much more contemporary and smoother version of GIT. It's extremely wearable for all ages, it's pleasing, and it's uplifting. It's very fresh and green opening seamlessly transitions into a creamy sweet-tea dry down that, in my opinion, is both appropriate and sexy in nearly any situation. I will say that it's projection is not quite up to par with GIT, yet I find that it makes it more suitable for office, school, everyday wear. if you're under 30 and don't want to be dated at 1985, try this - you will be pleasantly surprised.

Now that I own both GIT and CB, I can definitively say that Chez Bond was worth my money whereas I often question my GIT purchase.

williamvargas
williamvargas

very nice aromatic fougere...i really do love the balmy notes of a lot of bond #9 fragrances, i own git and i really do not get that comparison..green irish tweed is much greener as a scent..sweeter to me..i love the sandalwood afterglow of this one, great smell..and in my office a lot of compliments which is what i notice , what are others perceptions?, it is all positive so far but everyones..taste always come in to play..there are so many now a days to try..different strokes for different folks..i think what people might really react to is price...would they buy this if they could? bond # 9 fragrances are not bargain basement type designer fragrances..you have to be a serious fragrance enthusiast to venture into this level, but i don't think you can question their quality or commitment to fragrance, just whether your taste happens to be with the perfumer's tastes..and that makes it such an interesting a hobby. another winner for me.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

I have to agree with most people who compare this to Cool Water and Green Irish Tweed. I love both of those fragrances, so that convinced me to sample Chez Bond. It was obviously inspired by them.

At opening, it is obvious that this is a higher quality version of Cool Water, but nowhere near approaches the quality of Green Irish Tweed's lemon opening. At drydown, Cool Water gets better and Chez Bond stays at the same quality.

Of course it dries down into an herbal tea fragrance, but still keeps its opening throughout. It is smoother and less crisp/sharp than GIT and CW. But overall, there isn't enough difference to convince me to add it to my collection.

If Chez Bond weren't so familiar and similar to two popular successful scents, and were the only fragrance of its kind, it would carry much more respect from me.

In the end, this is very good, but in the paying $150-200+ for Chez Bond doesn't make sense when you can get Green Irish Tweed for around that price. And it doesn't make sense to spend $200 on this when you can buy Cool Water for the same price.

7.5/10

bsbnsc
bsbnsc

I'm 25 years old and I don't think this cologne is for me. wear this if you are at least over 30

ribertol
ribertol

Top notes distinguish this scent at first, but the base notes really remember, and I say remember the 90s perfumes as Eternity for Men, Davidoff cool water, Creed's Green Irish Tweed. Very expensive for the pleasure it brings, even lasting for 9/10 hours...

dmoman
dmoman

Sherapop...everyone rips off Creed. Bit I really like this frag!

J213
J213

I can see why people say this is similar to Green Irish Tweed. As they both (to me) open up green, but while GIT stays green, Chez Bond goes off into a creamy-tea like scent, that I adore.I've had this for about 5 months now and the longevity is awesome on this frag. I consistently get 10+ hours.

Btrippuh
Btrippuh

This one is pretty good too. I bought wall street and the sales person gave me a spray tube of this stuff. I mixed them together and it really brings out a sweet smell. It smells great mixed but I prefer them separate.

Chez Bond is a really nice and fresh scent that everyone can enjoy. Citrus is not overly zesty but sweet and squeaky clean. It becomes more and more tea-like as it dries. At the base, I see the similarity as Cool Water, which I can see why it's disappointing to some. Still, it's a beautiful scent. Getting one as a gift would be awesome!

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

My husband and I both tried a sample vial of this. I really wanted one of us to like this so we could say we wear "Bond. Chez Bond!!" But, alas, we did not!! It is definitely more masculine and it smelled better on him, even though he disliked it more!! It reminded him of Drakkar Noir. It is a warm fragrance predominantly with big strong comforting tea notes and sandalwood. A sharp lime note also forces its way though. Cool bottle and fun ideas!! Gotta love that about Bond No. 9!!

Although I roundly reject the global "Bond no 9 ripped off Creed" allegation, which seems to be most commonly made by people who are comparing the price tags rather than the frags, I do think that CHEZ BOND is the most Creed watery of all of the Bond no 9s I've tried to date.

I do not, however, think that CHEZ BOND smells like GIT or the other Irish Spring offerings chez Creed. CHEZ BOND happily lacks the ever expanding cloud of synthetic green that makes those Creeds pretty unappealing to me.

Nonetheless, CHEZ BOND is not a fragrance that I find very appealing on its own terms, either. It's too masculine for me, smells a lot like a classic cologne that someone might splash on after a polo match. I'm all for universality, but this one does not work for me.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Ah, what a pity. A nice (I know, it's a mamby pamby word that does not tell us a whole lot) scent that just does not kick out the sillage. At this price it is hard to justify my love.

Starts out with a nice (there is that word again!) citrus aroma followed lock step with the sandalwood note. Really do not get much violet here. But hey, what do I know.

Yes, this like a number of the Bonds is sharable between the sexes.

Have not tried mixing it up with other Bonds so...maybe next sample!

So, my recommendation is to go for a sample but keep your lettuce for other lovelies.

mocha43
mocha43

I got a sample of this and to me, is a delightful unisex scent. I smell the citrus and then it blends into what smells like very fresh tea. It is too light, however, and does not have much sillage or lasting power. It stays close to the skin. Nice, but I can't afford it.

guest_sid
guest_sid

this is a class apart.. my new favorite

mal23
mal23

I like this scents aroma and interesting lightness which it projects. However, it does indeed smell like Creed's Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water. Between the three I would have to say I like Green Irish Tweed the most. If you like the general notes of all three you will probably want to buy Cool Water. If you are female you will probably like Chez Bond. If you are like me, a male, you will get the best one of the bunch and prefer Green Irish Tweed.

rictor07
rictor07

Im going to start by saying this is a great scent. Its strong, sporty, and blends well with most peoples skin. The reason for this, in my opinion, is that it bears a huge resemblance to Cool Water, which has been a top seller for god knows how long. Ultimately, id have to say Chez Bond is not worth a purchase, because Cool Water can be gotten for a tenth of the cost.

mariotgomez

Still using the samples I have of this beautiful EdP. Chez Bond works wonderful alone and especially with other fragrance.

This fragrance is light and refreshing. It has beautiful citrus and tea crispness notes and warms down sensually.

When mixed with other scents (I like to top it off on other fragrance) it is like topping off any cocktail with champagne.

I recommend trying this scent. I like to wear it by it self more in the Spring or Summer.

Added travel size to collection late April.
> great alone or I love mixing this with all my other Bond EdPs

mariotgomez

This fragrance would be best described as a blend of a sparkling citrus drink with herbal tea accords that warm down to a sensual sandalwood note.

Each time I have tested this scent (in line for next Bond No.9 fragrance to be purchase)it reminds me of a afternoon brunch sipping champagne mimosas while having a fruit salad in an outdoor restaurant.

I can see either men or women wearing this fragrance.

wegmann
wegmann

I got some samples from holt renfrew one was chez bond and one was green irish tweed and guess what they smell vary simular but i liked chez bond better.
It seem to last longer and was not quiet so 70's.but it is not my favorite from bond no.9 so far i like coney island and new harleem the best but i have to try fire island and dna.

Chez Bond by Bond No 9 4.02 out of 5 based on 220 ratings and 58 user reviews

Chez Bond Perfume by Bond No. 9 - 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Chez Bond Perfume by Bond No. 9 - 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Bond No. 9 Chez Bond Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Bond No. 9 Chez Bond Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Chez Bond fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Chez Bond, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chez Bond by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chez Bond by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.