Designers » B » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau de New York Bond No 9 for women and men

Eau de New York Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

Eau de New York Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

Eau de New York by Bond No 9 is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Eau de New York was launched in 2004. The nose behind this fragrance is Vera Vanore. Top notes are grapefruit, mandarin orange, petitgrain, bergamot, green notes and watery notes; middle notes are cyclamen, lily, gardenia, basil, jasmine, lemon verbena and neroli; base notes are musk, oakmoss, vetiver and white wood.

Grapefruit Mandarin Orange Petitgrain Bergamot Green Notes Watery Notes

Cyclamen Lily Gardenia Basil Jasmine Lemon Verbena Neroli

Musk Oakmoss Vetiver White Wood

Concentre d`Orange Verte
Gin Fizz

Eau de New York Fragrance Reviews

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

I like this gem a lot. Very Green and clean smelling. Pharrel Williams song Happy comes to mind!

Museumgal
Museumgal

Extremely sharp, green citrus. More masculine than feminine, and I don't get much of the rest of the notes out of it. Mostly the citrus, which runs over everything else. It didn't last very long on me which is unusual for the line.

Estebanz
Estebanz

A question a ask myself everytime I wear this beauty is: Why buying 20 different Neroli/Citrus fragrances when you can have them all in one bottle?...WHY???
My SOTD this rainy day in South Florida is the stunning Eau de NY by Bond No.9
A few words to describe this beauty will have to be Classic & Modern,Gentle and Refreshing yet very powerful, professional & sophisticated,Bright and uplifting.
In a nutshell,this and Kobe by Xerjoff are in my personal opinion the best Neroli Fragrances a Man can wear.

joe70062
joe70062

I purchased this as a nice everyday fragrance. Then I wore it to a concert in the St.Louis Cathedral. BIG mistake! The weather was a bit warm (for January in New Orleans) and it became a silage monster! I was so embarassed. Couldn't wait to get home and shower. This fragrance is only meant for cold New York weather, and should be put in storage with your mink coat in the spring!

aphexacid
aphexacid

A citrus scent that you don't want to wear in warm weather? This would be it!

The smell is actually very unique. Its got a lot of fairly common ingredients if you look at it on paper. But when you smell it, i think you'll agree theres not anything like it.

The problem is that it comes of thick and heavy. Almost syrupy.

I owned a bottle of this up until a few days ago. I had to get rid of it. With the Heat coming back in the upcoming months, no way i'm doing a repeat of last summer. I nearly vomitted wearing this.

Its got outstanding performance. But i just can't wear it in the summer. Which is odd because you want to wear fresh things in summer time.

Kayse
Kayse

Eau de New York is a wonderful, long lasting fragrance that puts you in the middle of a Sicilian citrus grove that's been under planted with aromatic green herbs. What a pleasure!

drakecito
drakecito

Another overpriced product from Bond No 9.
Very cheap, light and synthetic soapy neroli.
Mugler Cologne smells like this but much cheaper.

Longevity and sillage are too low.

scent: 3/10
longevity: 4/10
sillage: 4/10

Scout
Scout

oh my gosh. Ok. First let me just say that I find the polarizing nature of Bond to be amusing. People either love or hate. I see both sides. I might tend to agree with the "overpriced/not worth it" camp if it weren't for this and Fire Island.
Neroli and rose are heaven on me. The thing about roses and nerolis and tuberose etc is that they are categorized as light, but IMO, they have a top, medium, and base even within their own smell. Complex, deep, swirling. Not sure what my chemistry is, but truly these are my favorites and keep me bright, seductive, and radiant all at once. I struggled to find the perfect orange blossom and neroli for years, until I found Tom Ford Neroli Portofino.
Then some clever saleslady at Saks showed me how to layer this, Eau de New York, with Fire Island.
Oh. my. heavens!!!!!!!
Just wow. Truly gorgeous.
Now one could argue that a good fragrance should be able to stand on its own and not require additional user blending to be truly great. And, this is good on its own. But blended with Fire Island is something more rare altogether.
But honestly, what's more fun? A blouse you wear once, or one you can wear with everything?
It's kind of fun to see that sometimes 2+2=5 with this line.

HAL9000
HAL9000

This one got me kicked out of the bedroom for smelling like disinfectant spray. So much longevity that it became a bad thing...I almost had to spend the night on the couch. Bottle has been banished to the "spray it at the dog when he pees on the floor" shelf.

chance25
chance25

The neroli kills it for me. This would of been a blind buy, but thanks to a sample I was able to wear it a few times. I love green florals like Central Park, and I don't even mind laundry type scents. This on the other hand is very floral on me, and that neroli note gives me a headache. Not a bad one, this isn't a dangerous scent but it's very one dimensional.

Whit
Whit

I got a sample of this and I'm glad that's all I purchased. This one just didn't work with my skin at all. I got this pine tree scent that drove me nuts and even my hubby didn't like it, not even for him. With all that being said, the sillage and longevity are great, as always with Bond fragrances. I know this one is labeled as unisex, but I think it suits a man much better, IMO. I guess they all can't be winners, but if you want to try this, definitely get a sample first.

DiscoCat
DiscoCat

First of all I'm new to the world of perfumes so please forgive my rather naive observations. When I first sprayed this perfume I was in love!! It reminded me of the 4711 Cologne that my grandmother used to use only with a powerful punch! Unfortunately on my skin I found that the dry down turned in to a lemon detergent smell which has given me quite a headache. It's one of those smells where if I were driving it would be guaranteed to make me travel sick. I wanted to love it, I really did but I'm afraid I just can't...

dudelove
dudelove

Please try this one before buying. It didn't work for me unfortunately.

The opening smells like starfruit. Very very fresh and bright. Made an excellent first impression on me. It later transformed into something funky and it didn't work for me at all. I can't even describe what I smelled.

In my opinion, for a neroli based fragrance, Tom Ford's Neroli Portifono is better.

Wano
Wano

Almost all Bond no 9 perfume remind me of another perfume. That one took me more time than usual but i finally find it : Agua de Pravia by Heno, minus the flower notes, but you get the same grassy lemon scent. Same projection, same longevity for 1/10 of the price.

clrieger
clrieger

Eau de New York is oh so beautiful. I first tried it as a smple and felt it did not have staying power, although it smelled wonderful. Months later I tried a spritz at my local Nordstrom. Wow! The sample was weak, but the bottle yielded long-lasting, yet subtle notes. The citrus is refreshing and the vetiver is complimentary. The aroma took me back to my first bottle of 'perfume' given to me by my grandmother when I was 8 years old, Max Factor brand Lemon Cologne. Utterly delightful!

PoeDiggity
PoeDiggity

I loved this from the second I tried it at Saks. It stayed with me all day. It smells great mixed with Hermes Eau De Pamplemousse Rose, they're fairly similiar... but beware, this will make some people sneeze.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

I like the citrus notes in Eau de New York, but the veviter and basil, totally overtake the softer florals on my skin. This isn't one I like on me at all. In my opinion this is a much more masculine fragrance.

Overall, definitely try before you spend the big bucks on this one.

Guinea54
Guinea54

Eh, I don't think this smells really like love and luck. I get the citrus at the top, but the reason why i do not care for this fragrance that much is because I find it a little too floral. It smells too feminine on my skin. I get a lot of the grapefruit, but I would rather wear something like fahrenheit aqua to get a fresh grapefruit fix. that one has some more violet which I consider a masculine floral and some woody undertones. This is a nice fragrance, but I see it more for a woman than a man. Just my 2 cents

huzayfa
huzayfa

I Liked it. But I wore it twice and I'm bored of it already. It smells floral and grassy. I don't really see anyone complimenting me on this.

Grade C+

Grottola
Grottola

An Eau de Cologne that lasts? THERE IS A GOD!

Eau de New York, much like the equally good Eau de Guerlain, takes the classic Eau formula and gaves it amazing projection and lasting power - by adding elements such as wood, vetiver, and synthetic musk. There's a very nicely done lemon note here, too. Overall, this is a green, balmy Eau de Cologne along the lines of Eau du Coq by Guerlain.

What's even better is that there's a dewy coumarin (newly mown hay) note in the drydown that lasts for hours. This stuff is so good it's unbelievable. Definitely planning on getting a full bottle of this one.

moraine
moraine

A nice, inoffensive, overpriced, summery grapefruit-and-herb scent...but I can't think of any fragrance I'd associate less with NY! For me, this evokes fresh, forested mountain air and sea breezes...and if it were up to me (ha ha), it would be named Eau de Seattle! :-P

(I like Seattle, if that wasn't clear, so don't get offended, Seattlites. Or New Yorkers.)

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

This is a nice fragrance, but after my second wear, I realized something. This, smells exactly like something else in the top. After rumbling my brain for about an hour, I ended up in Dillards, and walking pass the Ed Hardy line, I said yep, "Love and Luck". Came home sprayed them both on my hand and sure nough, they are the same for the first 30 minutes.

However, Ed Hardy begins to transition at the 45 minute or so mark while Eau de New York continues with the vibrant citrus note. It is much brighter and much fresher at the top and the top sticks around longer. After about 2 hours the citrus begins to pull back and the florals kick it and here is where, if in a marathon, Bond begins to get a second wind and pull away. The middle of EDNY is a sweet floral citrus which is very appealing to my nose. Around hour 6 (yep it is still projecting) the musk kicks in while the floral takes a back seat but there is still some citrus lurking in the shadows.

For a citrus in that family this is ahead of the class by far; however, is it worth the extra $150 you will pay for it retail? Depends. I think a very good alternative to the basic nose and bargain fragrance lover, Ed Hardy works. The middle is different but the top and base are almost identical. Love and Luck is a bit more synthetic smelling but it isn't bad. If you need a run of the mill citrus to fill the stock then go with Ed Hardy but if you only want one fragrance that is citrus then EDNY is the way to go.

nasus s
nasus s

This smells like bathroom or kitchen cleaner, really.

timi
timi

Smells like every other citrus aromatic out there. Nothing special.

I'm beginning to detect a pattern here: Bond no 9 really knows what they're doing when it comes to citrus. EAU DE NEW YORK, another beautiful edp in their line-up, opens with an array of high-quality citrus. Yum, yum, yum--no Lemon pledge here! The brisk and refreshing opening gives way to a lovely melange of light florals and dries down in a vetiver-rich woodiness.

This is a very pleasurable fragrance to wear, with unexpectedly good staying power and sillage for a citrus aromatic. I like this a lot--the perfect hot summer scent to lift one's spirits fragrantly to the shimmering sunlit heavens. Is it earthshatteringly original? No. Do I *have* to have a bottle? No. Do I want one anyway? Yes!

mocha43
mocha43

Have tested this sample about 4 times over 2 days and I do not like it. I hate it on me, and doubt it would be any better on a man. The scent I smell is that of a spray I last smelled in a hospital, that was used to mask bad odors. It lasts about 2 hours on me and then, mercifly, fades away.

mariotgomez

I wanted to give this fragrance a second chance since my first two tries back in May 2008.

I am so glad I did. Today in San Francisco the fog has rolled in and has not cleared yet. The chilled air, the salt water smell of the bay and the scent of Eau de New York has placed me in a relaxed and happy state of mind.

I am so enjoying this scent, the neroli and vetiver are the two dominant accords. I now can see myself adding this scent to my collection. It is a great scent for any climate.

Sometimes it is hard to live by your own words; "Give it (fragrance) several tries before making a quick judgment about it."

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

MMMM! Loved this! Very citrusy! I'll get this one for my citrus Bond scent. I wanted Little Italy, but that one didn't turn out so well :(

mariotgomez

Its going to be a hot day here in San Francisco and I had been mising using my body lotion from Bvlgari's Petits et Mamans. I was in the mood to mix something up today. So, I decide to wear the last bit of the sample of Bond No. 9 Eau de New York. I was looking for a talc powder scent mixed with some citrus notes. I found it with this combinations.

mariotgomez

I have tested this fragrance several time now and this is my thoughts on it: This fragrance open up with floral notes (jasmine and lily)on me, then it warms up to a tangy citrus (grapefruit and mandarin)notes. The final scent is a combinations of a musky scent mixed with undertones of woodsy notes. I would recommend this fragrance more for a woman.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

I'm starting to realize that vetiver just isn't my note! Especially when it's mixed with a woody base. I like the top citrus notes in Eau de New York, but the veviter just totally overtakes them on my skin. Not one, I really care for on me. It does have unbelievable lasting power & sillage. This would smell better on a man in my opinion. I'd give it a 1 out of 5 stars. Not me at all.

Eau de New York by Bond No 9 3.80 out of 5 based on 141 ratings and 31 user reviews

Eau De New York Perfume by Bond No. 9, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
BeautyBar.com
Eau De Parfum
Bond No. 9 New York Swarovski Collection Eau De New York Eau de Parfum
Bond No. 9 New York Swarovski Collection Eau De New York Eau de Parfum

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Eau de New York fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Eau de New York, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de New York by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de New York by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.