Designers » B » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Great Jones Bond No 9 for men

Great Jones Bond No 9 for men
dislike

Great Jones by Bond No 9 is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Great Jones was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Camail. The fragrance features orange, oakmoss, cedar, bergamot, cardamom, vetiver and musk.

Orange Oakmoss Cedar Bergamot Cardamom Vetiver Musk

Patrick

Great Jones Fragrance Reviews

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Very nice citrus/floral scent at the beginning. Then turns into a soft cedar/musk that I love. This is my second Bond No. 9 and I am very pleased with it. It lasts a very long time on me.

tige60
tige60

Have to say that I totally LOVE this fragrance. Very unique and uber-classy according to a few of my in-the-know friends. Can't stop sneaking a whiff when this is on my inner forearm and a few sprays lasts 16-20 hrs. Mind you, the first couple of hours after a few sprays can render you a perfume-bomb, so be very mindful of that. At home, I have on occasion purposely indulged in drowning myself with this stuff. My poor ol' dogs do their best to stay as far away as possible, but I really do LOVE Great Jones...they didn't name it "Great" for nothing!...In my opinion, it truly is GREAT...in fact, it absolutely AMAZING!!

Grottola
Grottola

This one is a pain in the ass to find. Every store I go to that has Bond never seems to have Great Jones, but I eventually stumbled upon it at a Nordstrom in San Diego.

Great Jones is an old-fashioned fragrance done very well, a sort of cross between a chypre and fougere. And yes, there are obvious similarities to Patrick. A very strong tobacco/leather accord that also brings to mind Aramis Havana - but at the same time, there's a slightly evergreen, oakmoss-tinged chypre accord underneath all of that. Otherwise, this fragrance is mostly linear, but the longevity is incredible and the sillage is pretty noticeable, so I'd go easy on this one. Also, like Aramis Havana and other fragrances of that ilk, it has a very "hot" vibe to it. Dunno if I'd buy this, but I definitely appreciate it and think Bond No. 9 should promote it more.

Actionmac
Actionmac

Received my bottle of Great Jones Saturday and wore it all day Sunday. Enjoyed the scent for me but especially when there came a breeze and the scent was carried for others, not in arms length, to smell. I did get a couple questions about what I was wearing. I did not elicit any comments if they enjoyed what they smelled. However, went to the gym this morning and as my body temp increased the GJ from Sunday came out and was very much present warm and smooth. Surprise, in the gym I did get "what do you have on" and "that's nice" from men and women. GJ radiated so well from the heat that I know on a hot summer day I would need only three sprays max.

There is talk about it being old mans perfume, this is a scent for a mature man no matter what his age. If you don't know the difference this may not be for you. With that being said, it also depends if it's what you like PERIOD.

The scent is like a citrus gourmand. It has the citrus you smell then a transition into a soft gourmand, not sickening sweet, but a elegant gourmand. I like this very much very versatile for warm weather casual, formal, or just anytime. I can still smell GJ as I sit to write this before jumping in the shower...

rzetzm
rzetzm

I was very excited by this fragrance. Having read so many positive reviews, however similar-ish the scent may be, I simply had to try a bottle.

It definitely hearkens to an older time. A time, as many have pointed out, before the world of blue aquatics - is it the oakmoss? I'm not a scent guru but there is something very distinctly archaic about this... and it's refreshing, in both the aforementioned way, and in the way it smells. I don't have anything against aquatics, other than they were the scents of my teens and early twenties. I've since moved on - not with an upturned nose, but with a basic sense of 'been there, done that.' I say, as I purchase a cologne with many scents similar... ah, who cares.

Anyway! The smell. I was intrigued by having read so many descriptions on websites and many, many reviews. There's a faint orange note here, and I tend to agree with the previous reviewers in saying that it's the first scent to dissipate. You actually smell the wood and oakmoss in the beginning as well... though it dries down into such a lovely, yet manly scent. I hesitate to mention 'powdery' and I'll follow with rage - I hate powdery. It's synonymous with 'old lady' for my nose. And yet I do detect it in the drydown. I hesitate to say... I like it? Perhaps it is this aspect of the cologne that makes reviewers comment that this is an older man's fragrance. I think any successful guy in his late 20s and on would be suited for this.

I think it'd be difficult for a gal to pull this one off. Yes, I know, Great Jones isn't androgenous, but really, scents are to be worn by whoever the scent complements. It's not that complicated; some scents smell a lot different on different people. So I go with the flow with whatever works on me.

And this does.

**Update - So this cologne apparently mixes very well with other woody fragrances. So far, my favorite pairing is Marriage Equality with Great Jones, in a 2:1 fashion, respectfully. Formal, classic, yet playful!

Wano
Wano

Nothing spectacular, but not bad either. I get a 80'-90's feel about that one. A OK spring-summer scent, and like many other Bond perfumes, way overpriced.

williamvargas
williamvargas

got a few samples of this marvelous fragrance, i can definitely see the paco robanne similarities but it reminds me of the older vintage paco.. very nice fragrance, bond #9 makes quality product.. i could see myself wearing this one, really enjoying this more as i wear it, it just brings back that magic i used to get from paco.. thumbs up from me..nice stuff!

Scentrist
Scentrist

This is so simple, it's genius: An orange opening over cedar and oakmoss. It sounds almost too simplistic to be any good or much too linear.

It's somewhat linear. As the orange fades to s ubtle dry-down, the woods take over and from there it's a great, very masculine fragrance that is versatile, wears well with either a suit or jeans, and works almost year-round. It's not cloying, projection is great, longevity is excellent. It's a hidden gem in Bond's collection that, much like West Broadway, tends to be forgotten among more popular fragrances like New Haarlem.

For someone seeking a woody/green scent, this is a terrific choice in Bond's line. It's not overly green, it's a balanced wood combination, and the orange is a refreshing open (and I say that as someone who tends to dislike citrusy scents). Well worth seeking out, sampling, and it will probably require a special order in retailers like Saks.

hay81hay
hay81hay

i was so exciting to try this blind buy, after tried Brooklyn i add bond no 9 to my trust brand, so what i got.

its classy intense woody and incense , its liner all the way, similar to kouros by ysl but without the horror note "civet".

longevity 7 to 9 hours , but i really expect more.
not agree with mocha43 , this is so manly stuff, far far away from unisex.

classic , strong , good for cold season . if u like kouros usually will like this its kind of similar, even if u hate kouros like me this is good alternative choice without the ugly part "urine thing in kouros"

first day impression , i like it , will see in future if it gonna upgrade to love it !

mocha43
mocha43

I got a sample of this and love it. To me it is more a unisex fragrance. It only has 3 notes but they are combined beautifully!

mariotgomez

It has taken me over a year to add this one to my collection. Just because so many others have been introduced and I just forgot about it.

I was re-introduced to Great Jones the other day I went to the Fragrance Counter @ Saks Fifth Avenue here in San Francisco to say hello to Paula (Bond No.9 Specialist). I asked for something woodsy. Then the memory scent hit me like a brick. "Oh yeah, this is the one I did not get back then when I had my 1:1 w/Ms. Laurice Rhame...I'll take it."

The opening is a sweet orange citrus blast that last about 10 minutes. Then the cedar wood and oakmoss come to play. The finish product is very woodsy and green. This fragrance has reminiscence of Acqua di Parma.

A great fragrance for the Fall.

mariotgomez

This is truly a surprising fragrance. It sounded heavy to me at first, but having met Laurice Rahme, Creator of Bond No. 9. She suggested this and 5 other fragrances. I enjoyed the orange and cedar notes of this fragrance. I ended up buying 4 different scent, but this is on my "next to purchase list" with Riverside Drive. I have now become a loyal Bond No.9 customer.

Great Jones by Bond No 9 4.30 out of 5 based on 67 ratings and 12 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Great Jones fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Great Jones, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Great Jones by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Great Jones by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.