Designers » B » Woody Chypre « Groups

H.O.T. Always Bond No 9 for men

H.O.T. Always Bond No 9 for men
dislike

leather

H.O.T. Always by Bond No 9 is a Woody Chypre fragrance for men. H.O.T. Always was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Robertet. The fragrance features sandalwood, patchouli, cinnamon, russian leather, civet and bergamot.

Sandalwood Patchouli Cinnamon Russian Leather Civet Bergamot

Givenchy Gentleman

H.O.T. Always Fragrance Reviews

Basey85
Basey85

Bond No 9’s H.O.T. Always is an intensely rich and warm fragrance that features cinnamon, patchouli, leather, sandalwood, civet and bergamot. The spiciness of the cinnamon hits you at first but I promise you it’ll keep you intrigued then the fragrance transitions into the sweetness of the patchouli, it’s an almost herbal like quality to the patchouli which is subtle with its aroma but you’ll notice that it’s there. The leather is gorgeous which gets mixed with a hint of bergamot later on.

Longevity wise is easily 8-12 hour, thus don’t be zealous with the spray as this is a heavy hitter and you’ll start to get noticed for all the wrong reasons, not for the right reasons regarding this particular Bond No 9 fragrance. Projection is moderate and you’ll notice its aroma encircling you especially in the autumn and winter seasons for which this fragrance is best suited too.

Overall, this is a hot and spicy masculine fragrance that I love to wear on those cold autumn/winter days. Very sexy and deeply sensual, you certainly will not go wrong with this one gentlemen.

najgirl
najgirl

As woman I'm pretty confident I can pull this one off. It leans more toward unisex than several other fragrances I own, and the scent is amazing. I love it - leather, cinnamon, patchouli, all very strong. So unique and beautiful.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Is Hot Always a neighborhood of New York?
This brand launches so many fragrances that there is no more corner of NYC available! ;-)

OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer

Cinnamon Gummmy Bear - Yes Please, I'll have some more!

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - cinnamon, civet & patchouli.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 12hrs consistently

arnefag
arnefag

Wow, this brought me back to the 80ies, maybe even 70ies, somehow. Hyper masculine, civet is very prominent, but accompanied with patchouli and cinnamon, it doesn´t turn overly heavy. The sandalwood note cleans up this rather skanky composition and makes me think of a rich lathery soap. On the verge of cheesy and definitely not Bond No.9´s most sofisticated fragrance.

Very loaded and animalistic, this is testosterone in a bottle, reminds me of hormonal teenager boy´s locker rooms... Still a HOT fragrance I´m happy to own!

karl pearson
karl pearson

If you like something different, like smelling unique and at the same time smelling sexy and alluring, buy this! I'm not a big fan of it, I think its ok but....when I wear it I ALWAYS get ladies telling me that this is a very sexy scent. Lasts ages, projection is ok but nothing beastly. A great night out frag :)

DerangedGoose
DerangedGoose

Easily the most masculine Bond, and probably their best. Its tough to describe without referencing Givenchy Gentleman (which is what sparked my interest in this Bond), because the two are so close and set apart from many other patchouli-based fragrances out there.

Put simply, it is a patchouli-leather with the emphasis on these two ingredients. It doesnt have the honey of Gentleman, but there is a supporting role played by cinnamon. This is the earthy, herbal side of patchouli, readily complemented by the leather. The two really fuse.

Those with a dislike of animalic notes need not worry, to be honest I couldnt really pick anything out as expressly "animalic", so the civet here must be doing its job.

Do not expect the chocolatey, powdery, gourmand aspects of patchouli that you get in Coromandel and Diors Patchouli Imperieal.

Fantastic performance (12hr+) and it will cut through sweat. Very unique, very sexy. It manages to strike that rare balance of having strong, clearly masculine presence, without being overbearing or dated.

marcus71x
marcus71x

A gorgeous fragrance.......from the hot cinnamon opening, which I think is mouth watering to the soft sweet(ish) dry down of the patchouli and civet. Powerful yes, but not in your face as long as you don`t overspray.

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

just a wow perfume from top to base with all the interpolating ingredients which really match together , i found it complete regarding richness of civet earthiness of patchouli and intimacy of leather and softness of sandalwood , for me patchouli is the kind here , hi perfume is suggesting for confidant people who want to say yes i am here .

FaunAromatic
FaunAromatic

My boyfriend gave me some Creed for my bday, and managed to sweet talk the salesperson into including a huge handful of Bond 9 candy-wrapped testers. H.O.T Always was my favorite of the bunch. This is a perfume that confronts you with sassy attitude and then misbehaves. It's a perfume that smells you back.

celadoster
celadoster

So diferent, very hot, very very sexy and deep. This scent is for detached and sensual people. The note of civet is very pronounced and leather too.
Great e modern frag.

mse-21
mse-21

This is a Woody Chypre composition led by Civet and Patchouli: animalic and earthy. Very solid creation. Decisively masculine and 'in your face'.

Inevitably reminded me of Gentleman by Givenchy. This one apparently has higher quality ingredients and enjoys a better orchestration. However, doesn't have that 'allure' of the GG. I don't know why! Maybe I'm biased toward the ORIGINAL. Maybe I like classic 'citrus chypre' combination better...I can't tell the reason! Just take it from me that Gentleman by Givenchy has something alluring which is absent here.

Good longevity and projection. Overall: 6 out of 10.

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

Alrhough it's supposedly a men's fragrance, I love it on. I just cannot stop sniffing myself. Although there is not much transition it is quite linear), the dry patchouli and civet is intoxicating. It is a very powerful fragrance so a spritz is all you need. This is addictive!

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Red Hots ( cinnamon hard candy/hot!) mixed with patchouli and civet. Other reviewers have said it first.

Definitely a nod to GG Gentleman but the civet patchouli combination in HOT doesn't come close to the brilliance that is GG.

With that said I still think this is a decent fragrance and more original than those found in most department stores. For some reason I envision a young girl in her 20's wearing shiny latex when I smell this. IMO a good clubbing scent for a woman.

Quality sillage longevity - Just average. Expect to carry a decant with you.

Bbjr
Bbjr

A fantastic fragrance. Great longevity. One of the best in a long time.

Cams
Cams

This smells amazing on women. I smelt this on a woman in a department store, had no idea it was H.O.T. and asked her what she was wearing.I tested it on my skin and bought it 2 hours later. Give it a try and give it about 6 mins to begin to shine. Lovely!

iMaverick
iMaverick

When I first tried it, I thought to myself that I liked this scent, very much so. It wasn't until a couple more wearings from a sample that it reminded me a lot of Givenchy Gentleman, BUT BETTER! Why? It still smells much like of the patchouli-infused GG, reserved, yet so French, but HOT Always is the brother who decided to live in Spain--he is more sensual, sophisticated, and SEXY! HA is the sure fire winner for me because of the injection of civet in the scent, which warms and smoothes over the patchouli's sharp edges, and gives it an undercurrent of sensuality. I can't get enough of it!

The warmth intensifies a bit as the scent dries down, and it is the piece-de-resistance that I hungrily wait for when I wear this scent.

Once I'm done with the sample I own, I'm out to get a bottle!

williamvargas
williamvargas

my first impression was giorgio for men, a classic strong masculine frag, do not need a lot but if you like that scent.. this is a take on that i think, at least that is my first impression. you will get noticed with this one..i still have giorgio for men so it is has such similarities and you can buy giorgio so reasonably that it would be hard to justify this purchase, just not enough different or better i guess, maybe for some who like this sort of powerhouse would think so, but i think if you went one good spray on each wrist would suffice. , the people who like h.o.t. would like giorgio for the same reason..such a difference in price, you would just have to have extra money to burn i think. worth sampling though. my suggestion is buy giorgio for me..that stuff rocks.

Grottola
Grottola

A skanky-ass camphor patchouli that brings to mind vintage Givenchy Gentlemen and Giorgio for Men. Has monumental sillage and I can still smell it on my arm after one spray that I put on 24 hours ago, and I've even taken a shower since then.

I'm definitely getting this when I get the chance. If you want to intimidate people, look no further.

eid-althani
eid-althani

Enjoyng The Top Notes Bergmote And Cinnamon Its Realy Realy Good If U lUV Givenchy Classics U Will Luv H.o.T Always there is no patchoulie in this bond Wtf fragrebcita

I Sworn to God that I would never have written another review for a Bond N.9 scent...and look at me now! I decided to give H.O.T. Always a chance just because I'm into leather fragrances and wanted to see if I could find at least one perfume from this house that I like. No way! A big and loud Patchouli note positioned on a banal leather accord. Besides what Luca Turin says it totally smells like someone using a bong. Maybe a crystal, handmade one, but still a bong.

If you prefer, let's put it like this. An agè lady from the enlightened "petite bourgeoisie" who doesn't color her hair, dresses with expensive organic cotton / hemp clothes, and love macrobiotic food. The smell of a rich hippy.

Rating: 5.5-6/10

I initially thought from the emanations off the top of my sample vial that Bond no 9 H.O.T. Always was going to be a rich patchouli frag. But that impression was swiftly defeated when upon application a wild beast suddenly emerged on the scene out of nowhere--or, rather, out of that forest of patchouli. This unexpected creature is similar to a centaur, well, except that it has the head of a civet cat and the torso of a bull. Hang on, you're in for quite a ride if you dare to don this powerful potion!

This is dark, heavy leather, oily and dirty, so H.O.T. (heavily over the top?) Always must ALWAYS be sparingly applied. Basically, you should conduct yourself as though this were perfume, not edp--and I dare say that a bottle will last several light years!

This stuff is like none of the other Bond no 9 creations that I have tried, and perhaps, unlike their genteel universal (or unisex or omnisex) frags, an overtly masculine elixir such as H.O.T. might be best suited for that rather narrow cross-section of ladies who adorn themselves with whips and chains, nail corsets and the like.

Okay, so maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but as indubitable evidence of the roughness of this diamond, I offer this: upon sniffing my wrist, my cat licked his lips! As for mild-mannered little me, I'll have to tame this beast with some rose...

mocha43
mocha43

I have a sample of this and, to me, it's unisex, spicey with cinnamon. When I want to smell cinnamon candy, I would choose this. I like it. It lasts well, also.

guynspfld
guynspfld

I went to Saks to buy Bleeker Street yesterday and they were out (they were out of a lot of the Bond fragrances). I had my heart set on it, but it was not to be. So I sniffed around and fell in love with this! It is very masculine and it last forever. The sales lady wanted me to get something else as she said I was too young for this, but I love the earthy qualities and it is not something anyone else will have on!!

mariotgomez

Each night I spray a little or dab on a fragrance I intend to wear the next day. One night last week, I was in the mood for something sensual. I had been enjoying the sample of Hot Always and wanted to dab on a little before bedtime. My significant other was already in bed and did not want to turn on the lights. Since my eye had not adjusted to the darkness, I miscalculated the distance to my wrist. I ended up pouring the entire content of the sample size on my arm while any remainder fell on the floor & on my gym bag.

The aroma ended up waking up my partner. The fumes from the fragrance was causing my eyes to tear up. I ended up having to sleep in a different room since this powerful fragrance was clinging on to me after trying to wash it off. The next morning my partner asked if I had broken an entire bottle of something. He was surprise to hear it was just a sample size. We laughed about it now.

I was walking to work this morning, I kept getting a waft of an amazing scent. At first I thought it was the gentleman in front of me, but then I realized it was Hot Always that had spilled on my gym bag.

Each time I smell this sensual, powerhouse of a fragrance it makes me giggle and puts a smile on my face. Hot Always evokes confidence and sexiness. I look forward to Fall/Winter to add it to my collection.

The moral of this story: Always remember a little goes a Hot way.

mariotgomez

I agree with thomkallor that this fragrance is not for the faint of heart. It is a powerhouse of a fragrance but welcoming. I was purchasing another Bond No.9 fragrance (Andy Warhol: Silver Factory) when I tested this one.

The sweetness comes from the cinnamon, then you are slammed with strong leather and musk (from civet) notes. The warm down is the patchouli and sandalwood notes.

I plan on purchasing this for my next winter scent. I would not recommend wearing this scent in warm weather. I look forward to adding this to my collection in the future.

thomkallor
thomkallor

WOW! I sniffed most if not all of the Bonds and found this one to be the only one I would truly describe as "masculine." Not for the faint of heart guys: this is what I believe we call an 80's men's scent, a powerhouse propelled mainly by the twin stars of cinnamon and patchouli....animalistic civet purrs underneath. Not for the office, nor for daytime - very sexy and very, very nighttime.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 H.O.T. Always fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bond No 9 H.O.T. Always, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify H.O.T. Always by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of H.O.T. Always by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.