Designers » B » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Hamptons Bond No 9 for women and men

Hamptons Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

Hamptons Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

Hamptons is a relaxing scent of New York City's neighborhoods. Crisp citrus notes accompanied with light green notes, as fresh as a sea breeze, lead into the floral heart, featured with jasmine, magnolia and Turkish rose. Then the fragrance dries down with warm creamy notes of the base: sandalwood, amber and musk.

The perfume was made in collaboration with the perfumer Rene Morgenthaler 2003. Hamptons was launched in 2005.

Lime (Linden) Blossom Sage Cedar Bergamot Lemon

Allegro

Hamptons Fragrance Reviews

G-Zus
G-Zus

"Synthetic and boring" is what one reviewer described this fragrance as. I would have to agree. To me it smells like plastic, and literally gives me a headache.

Also, this smells NOTHING like Silver Mountain Water from Creed, NOTHING. Even though for some reason my wife actually likes this, she agrees that it smells nothing like SMW and that SMW smells so much better that there really is no comparison.

I sometimes like Bond No 9's takes on Creed fragrances, like Chez Bond for example, but this one neither smells good or like Sliver Mountain Water.

Tardigrada
Tardigrada

Not bad whatsoever, but to me it's just synthetic and annoying, little bit more interesting than most of their stuff, but still, just meh..
Aromatic group would fit perfectly, and I bet it's much better on a masculine skin chemistry. Eau de boring dude..
3 of 10

kanashimiblue
kanashimiblue

A green aquatic fragrance with bergamot. It's like a cooled cup of earl grey tea that's been sprayed with salty sea air. I get the comparisons to Creed Silver Mountain Water. Although this is marketed as unisex, it's too cold and metallic for me (female) to wear as I do prefer lush feminine floral fragrances.

The concentration and quality of ingredients is decent.

Edit: I notice rose, jasmine, sandalwood and amber listed in the notes. Seriously, they're not noticeable. Without a doubt, this is a fougere aquatic.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A very timid fragrance... on me it's almost not there. It's mildly suggestive of a summer oceanside, but, sorry, it really doesn't make much of an impression.

Much more bang for the buck with the same sort of vibe can be gained with one of Guerlain's superlative L'Homme mojito fragrances. This is summer done right!

This reminds people of Creed's Silver Mountain Water - I suppose I agree. I thought that was a nebbish, indifferent fragrance as well.

fuggerone
fuggerone

radiant opening , citrusy and floral with aquatic and musk undertones...one of the best outings from this house, longevity and sillage are intense!

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

Received a sample of this from a member. Not a bad fragrance, but would never purchase a full bottle at such a high price due to it being very generic and weak. Nothing against the perfume.

Susan_b
Susan_b

Once again I saw a bottle of perfume that I was unfamiliar with consulted this site for direction. Although I love the concept of the Bond Star perfumes I never fell in love with any of the scents until now.

When I smell the cap, I get a citrus and spice, then the initial scent on my skin is the ocean. The dry down turns into a spicy chai tea with a touch of lime. I loved it. I purchased this from a discount retailer so you the know the price was right. I like this one however doubt I would play full price for it.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

This one is great. Bond sent me many samples of this one and I'm glad they did. Fresh, smooth and salty. This one feels very calm and soothing, I received a ton of compliments with this one in 60 degree weather. This will be great around summer time!!

hijole74
hijole74

This was the first Bond fragrance for me. Have gotten compliments from both men and women on this one. It starts out quite sharp out of the bottle and there is even a hint of what smells like acetone/paint remover to me. After a few minutes however, I can smell the lime and jasmine. I am wary about any descriptions about a fragrance smelling "like a sea breeze" or "aquatic" (eg: Coney Island) since these usually smell horrible on me... kinda like raw chicken juice, but haven't sensed it with Hamptons. Lasts only a few hours but projects well.

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

Sharp bergamot and nice sea-salt - that`s all what I get.
Something is missing in this frag. Maybe some sweetness, roundness.

Very manly. Can`t see a woman wearing this.
Suits for surf-boy :D

puncturedbicycle
puncturedbicycle

My nose is confused by this. I can see what they're trying to do but I can't really take it in as anything but a generic masculine commercial scent with a hint of car freshener. (To be fair, I know I experience certain notes as 'generic industrial cleaning product' which I also know as the CKOne experience. I don't know what this note or combination of notes is, so apologies if this comes up in my reviews more than once.) This is not objectionable nor is it distinctive.

dayzaway99
dayzaway99

Kept spraying this through out the day. it seemed to fade at an approximate 2.5 hours. Its opens with an herbal sage spice note deep bergamot intensely for a second, then breaking way to a sweet, sexy fresh musk with woodsy undertones. I dont like herbal scents but this one doesnt bother me, it isnt very herbal its a very complex and refined scent. It feels good to have on. i would say its sexier than the creed's silver water mountain and does alot more for the senses

sagi77
sagi77

I asked for a fresh light fragance in the men counter the first two she showed me were Hamptons and Creed SMW. For my nose this doesnt smell the same but some people may find similarities in some moment on the duration of the fragance, Hamptons smell lot more clean and flowery and SMW more grass and something weird in the opening. I really like this Hamptons. I am still trying how many sprays to get to get the best result. in clothes it last for days!!! really!!. When I put Hamptons I feel so fresh and calm, exactly my style, I have found the perfect fragance for me. I will love to use it even in winter (in texas is like 2 months only) will see if it works.

UPDATE.I have try almost all the line, and I haven't found any other bond no 9 product that I like this will become my signature

A bit hard to define really. A bit unisex also, a bit spicy, a bit musky. Lots of Bond Fragrances remind me of the smell of shaving cream!?
That one does nothing for me, a bit vague, too masculine , not bad but nothing I would want to wear...the linden gives a cold edge to the scent, I can hardly detect any floral notes!?

kazewayz
kazewayz

Nice fresh, floral, musky scent. Very similar to Silve Mountain Water from Creed. Great for summer time or spring. It's warm, stays close to the skin, and it's a pleasent smell. Try it.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Looking over the notes, I can see this is going to be a home run! A few spritzes later and I'm left wondering what is this extremely boring, cold and unforgivably light scent that totally lacks personality? It smells like silver mountain water minus black currant as many reviewers note. I hesitate to even call it pretty, it's just there sitting quietly on my skin without making a statement or developing into something better. It's a reticent scent that hardly projects even though the restrained citrus notes are a bit sharp. Then come the florals like unwelcome passengers just hitching a ride. A stinging metallic off note comes in on the drydown that I wish wasn't there. Maybe my sample is old... I'll have to try it again using a different sample.

Sapphi9
Sapphi9

Finally got to try this one today. I'm surprised it isn't described as more of a woodsy fragrance because the sandalwood and cedar in this one came on strong from the first spray and just keeps dominating the smell as it develops, at least on my skin. I can definitely smell the floral notes and a salty marine-ish note. Someone else described a margarita reminiscent smell and I definitely get that too (in a really good way!) but they all pale in comparison to the woody base notes I'm getting. I'm hoping it calms down in an hour or two. Overall I like it but I'm not in love. Maybe it will smell better on hubby. Does remind me of sailing in Aruba so that's worth something! :)

jetlife1977
jetlife1977

This bland version of smv water without black currants! Go with the sexy creed and not this boring crap. Btw Bond no.9 does another creed rip quite well chez bond, which got rip off! Chez bond sweeter more modern version by the way. A must for summer and spring!

Estebanz
Estebanz

SOTD:Bond No. 9 Hamptons ,This is Bond No. 9 week,Im testing most of the Line,Im gonna say that Hamptons is already love,I see why people compare it to Creed SMW,I own A Full bottled Of SMW my self and love it but Im gonna be plain and Honest Here guys,I prefer Hamptons way better,Hamptons to me is a better version of SMW,it doesn't have that metallic Note and it smells sweeter,Candy like,it's got a juice citrus bergamot with Lime Blossom and Beautiful Jazmin,in the Middle it gets Floral &Watery,the combination of Turkish rose with Magnilia and Jazmin gives this scent a Candy Floral Drydown that Im just loving,it's got an Aquatic quality but not 100% Aquatic,It projects and last a lot better then SMW as well,Im sold,that's it,Im definitely gonna be buying a bottled of This stuff.

PoeDiggity
PoeDiggity

This is definately not the scent for me. Smells obnoxious.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

I think Hamptons is a very fitting name for this fragrance.

When you just spray it on, you sense a bit of an attitude right away ;) .... it's undeniably classy, but just a little too salty, a little too strong, a tad too sharp, a tiny bit cold... overall very nice, but just a little too much of a presence for a marine vacation scent.... reminds me of a beautiful, fancy margarita with an unusual special kind of coarse salt on the rim -- as you lick the rim, the salt doesn't quite dissolve on your tongue... slightly unpleasant yes, but also intriguing... just enough of an assault on the senses to get your attention.

In about 20 minutes the fragrance settles, and as it melts into your skin it becomes very comforting, organic and mellow... fresh salty open air, light-headedness and booze... it smells of a sunny, sparkling, shade of blue. ;)

Very interesting, very refreshing, long lasting, gorgeous bottle!!

caseyu
caseyu

i am beginning to feel that "menacing" note; is it a general Bond base, dare i say, in every one of the samples my fabulous rep at Nordstrom gave me. Here, as it is not as bad as in that scrubber Chinatown, there seems to be an underlying little "ew" that i cannot bear. smells also like men's fragrance, so i am not loving this one either.
also, NONE, i repeat NONE of the Creed smells anything remote to Bond. Creed has thier own thing going on, the thing people are noticing, however, is the extravagance of the fragrances - they are similar, but the true fragrances themselves are as different as thier makers. you won't get a cheap synth pear smell in any of these maker's creations...nor will you recieve anything common from either.

Ale briggette
Ale briggette

Sorry if its not perfect..first review on here....This smells great!! My husband has it and he always gets compliments..it is very long lasting.even after washing the cloths..

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Loud, salty marine scent with a dash of lime. Beachy. A little bit like a Corona with a lime. You can practically smell the sand. Not a Creed Silver Mountain Water knockoff- it lacks the metallic sweetness, that I happen to like.

Great silage. Apply lightly or take aspirin with you.

bcoops
bcoops

this is silver mountain water with better longevity and projection

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

I'm sorry but every time I have tried this, it smells of tabasco sauce or something with pico de gallo, hispanic flavorings!

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Hamptons Bond No 9 is not nearly as aquatic (given its namesake) as expected. I'm finding it more of a floral/ citrus frag. And, IMO, not really that femme. I'm thinking it closer to unisex.

I do get a slight whiff of cedar, along with some sandalwood which together gives it more of a masculine bent.

While the frag is descent, it is no original. It just never takes hold of my attention. Something appears lacking and I just can't put my finger on it.

Sillage is ok but longevity could be better.

The flacon does convey the sentiment of the seaside and it dispenses with the silly moneyed glitz of the real Hamptons!

Ouch!
Ouch!

This is the first Bond No9 fragrance I'm trying and I'm must say, hmm...it's not making me jump up and down or anything.

Basically this does what it says on the tin. Floral Aquatic. I can't help but feel like something's missing. It's like they forgot to put the MEAT of the scent in. It's wispy on me and I feel like it could dissapear at any minute.

The opening is a citrussy one but on me this is spicy!! I feel like there's pepper in here meshing with the citrus. VERY light florals are behind and it smells clean, as you would expect with an aquatic. It's somewhat aromatic also.

It's nice but I like my scents with more punch! This would be a nice summer day, beachy scent. For me though.it's barely projecting off of my skin and I can only smell it when I put my nose up close. For the price? I would NEVER purchase this, it's just not special enough.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Initially this is extremely sharp and synthetic-smelling, just a sickly-sweet and acrid mix of aroma chemicals not pretending to be anything else. At the base is a very strange, menacing note that I don’t like at all and have no words to describe in non-visual imagery. Visually, it’s like a big, dark donut-shaped thing with ragged edges, a little like the olfactory equivalent of the eye of Sauron in the LOTR films. I’m sure this isn’t very helpful, but try imagining how that image would smell, combined with prickly “green tea” and a citrus-scented industrial cleaning product.

I do not smell linden blossoms or magnolias, or roses, any of the other real-world notes that are supposed to be in the composition. After the initial chemical blast, the scent dries down into prickly green tea with musk, nothing special, but not too bad at that point. The bottom line is that I do not find that Hamptons has anything to recommend it to me, and would much rather wear just about any inexpensive fruity-floral celebrity perfume. Bond and I just do not get along.

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

Bond No.9 Hamptons smells delicious and why not if it is a carbon-copy of Creed Silver Mountain Water... (I stay with the original)

Heverton
Heverton

This one opens up with a light citric bergamot aroma combined with a delicate combo of floral notes dominated by lime blossom, which trough time develops into a jasmine dominant fragrance and so, it stays like that for the rest of the fragrance. Not bad at all, but nothing outstanding as well, in my opinion.

Grottola
Grottola

Alright, now we're talking!

Hamptons is a wonderful, woody floral aquatic fragrance that shares similarities with Silver Mountain Water by Creed, BUT it's a lot more wearable and enjoyable. Silver Mountain Water, generally, has a big screechy metallic note that combines with the ambergris to create something awful on my skin. Hamptons eliminates the ambergris and the screechiness, and brings in some awesome lime blossom (which is a little like neroli), creamy florals, and resinous woody notes and straight up smells good. Granted, it definitely shares a tea-like note with Silver Mountain Water, as well as the fabled "inky" note that made Silver Mountain Water so unique. This also lasts longer than Silver Mountain Water on my skin, which makes it a winner.

Hamptons is a fragrance that I'd actually buy a full bottle of, but granted, the Hamptons isn't exactly my favorite place on Long Island. My heart belongs in Montauk (the fragrance for Montauk is mediocre), but I guess Hamptons isn't *too* stuffy for me to wear, as long as the Montauk folks don't notice ;)

natefifield
natefifield

I really enjoyed wearing Hamptons, but some of whom I asked said they thought it was a little too distinctive. It reminds me a bit of Creed's Silver Mountain Water that I love, but my wife hates.

It has a hint of dirtiness in it, which I think adds to it's sexiness, maybe it's similar to that dirty salt smell of the ocean.

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

I went to Saks Fifth Ave. to try "Eau de New York" (which I was dieing to try for months and months). Big disappointment all I could get out of it was that overbearing smell of neroli (overkill)and woods. So I went through the collection and came across The Hamptons. love at first smell. When I first sprayed it on the scenery of fresh Magnolias and soft jasmines filled my mind. I've smelled jasmine before and I hate it its strong and old fashioned, but in Hamptons its young and vibrant. The Magnolia is soapy and sensual. As it dries down the citrus notes start to come in, instead of the strong orangy or limey scent most fragrances have, Hamptons has more of a tarty candy like arrangment. My favorite part of the drydown is when the candied citruses meet the calm turkish rose which makes this scent classy and unforgettable. The lasting power is unreal I spray it on yesterday at 5:30 p.m. and it was 8:00 in the morning when I woke up and the fragrance was still there not a trail, but actually still on me. This fragrance reminds me of the forals in M by Mariah carey (warm). Overalln will I buy it again ($175) maybe but I do want to try more of the Bond 9 collection. I call it a evening to night time scent.
You don't have to like the scent, but you have to respect the fact that this scent has one of the most stunningly beautiful forals, if not the best than any other scent in this category. The forals are just creamy and captivating.

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

Strong basil, lime and lemon, aquatic notes and musk are present in this masculine fragrance. Thank goodness this has a great bottle!!! Overall, I'm really loving everything about Bond No 9 except their juices! I just don't understand!

GracedeMonaco
GracedeMonaco

I tried this as a sample "candy wrapper" vial and it was love @ first spray! It's as fresh as an Ocean breeze with some beautiful floral notes and a stunning dry-down! This THE consumate Springtime scent...like being on a nice boat off the coast enjoying the Sun and the scent of the salt air! I HIGHLY recommend it...Bond 9 does an impeccable job with their fragrances using the most refined ingredients!

robg303
robg303

Ah.. "The Hamptons"! I used this on the hotter days this past summer and loved it, from start to finish.
The lime, jasmine and linden are intoxicating and it dries to a nice soft white musk. It's pricey but ya don't need to spray much for the effect. As I wore it, I was reminded of being somewhere like St. Thomas or St. John in the Caribbean and thought to myself, "this must be what a Pirate Ship's Captain would wear," "Limey, Fresh and Gin like".

Another example of Bond no 9's excellent use of lime/linden blossom, HAMPTONS is a refreshingly aromatic floral summer scent with more of a feminine edge than NOUVEAU BOWERY. I am surprised that HAMPTONS has been categorized as floral aquatic, as this is much closer to a citrus aromatic, at least according to my nose.

I completely disagree with those who find HAMPTONS to be indistinguishable from Creed SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER, a fragrance which is much less natural smelling, and far more metallic than citrus. (I just did a side-by-side test, so I'm not working only from memory here...) The Creed water base is, needless to say, an acquired taste.

Comparing the three linden blossom Bond no 9 edps I've tried to date: HAMPTONS is less masculine than NOUVEAU BOWERY (which seems very much a vetiver frag) and less funky--more conservative?--than CENTRAL PARK, which some may find too bitter....

I do appreciate the enhanced florality here, but am disappointed by the lasting power. Still, I may at some point (next summer?) acquire a bottle of HAMPTONS.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I haven't yet found a Bond No. 9 fragrance that I really click with, but Hamptons was very nice. I am not a fan of aquatic scents in general and was surprised at how much I liked this one. Probably my favorite of any I have tried so far.

Hamptons is a pleasant aquatic floral, with a slightly citrus/cologne effect in the top notes. Definitely unisex and possibly better suited to men than women, unless you're a woman who dislikes overly sweet scents. Hamptons is worth a try if you're that woman.

Seems like a good scent for spring and summer. Very light and refrehsing, slightly beachy, but has good persistence and lasted through an entire work day.

FeFe2009
FeFe2009

This scent seems a little masculine. On me I get a little hint of lemon. Its ok.

Spring25
Spring25

I detected alot of cedar in this medium strength citrusy floral aquatic fragrance. The flowers are quite heady and made me think of Summer. The whole composition is a good representation of walking along the dock by the seaside - very pleasant.

Kankuro
Kankuro

Hamptons is a really nice fragrance, the notes of lime blossom and bergamot are great... but it's almost the same as Creed's Silver Mountain Water, they smell so much alike, that most people can't tell the difference.

Carla
Carla

Missing the beach I'm back to being a Bond girl! Not James Bond 007 but Bond No 9!
This beach like scent is all it's cracked up to be beginning with the presentation of the ocean blue bottle. Upon application the ocean breeze and the atmosphere of surf and sand can be felt immediately with it's citrus notes. The floral heart with the punch of magnolia puts me in a state of summer sunshine, just what I need while the sprinkling of snow is upon me. The rich, even tempered dry down with its comforting notes, specifically amber, make me yearn for the golden sunkist tan I so love. Hang ten on this one!

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

This fragrance has been described by a Bond No. 9 Specialist as a fragrance "where country meets the salt-sea mist."

I enjoy the lime blossom, bergamot and amber notes of this fragrance.

I would describe it as an aquatic fragrance with a slight floral undertone.

Hamptons by Bond No 9 3.77 out of 5 based on 170 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Hamptons fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Hamptons, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hamptons by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hamptons by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.