Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Harrods for Her Bond No 9 for women
dislike

tuberose
herbal
Harrods for Her Bond No 9 for women Pictures Harrods for Her Bond No 9 for women Pictures

Harrods fragrant pair was presented in honour of Harrods from London 2009. Edition for women was created of floral notes by perfumer Laurent Le Guernec. The fragrance brings us neroli, mandarin, wild camomille, tuberose, cinnamon, clary sage, nutmeg, amber, sandalwood, leather and tuberose. Available as 50 and 100ml edp.

Nutmeg Tuberose Leather Sandalwood Amber Chamomile Mandarin Orange Clary Sage Vetiver Neroli

Harrods for Her Fragrance Reviews

Francop
Francop

I tried Harrods for him in June 2010 and truly loved it...

I have tried Harrods for her since then and have also thoroughly enjoyed it...on the initial spritz you can enjoy a beautiful sweet mandarin and neroli that does last for a good half hour, then a very fresh sweet light tuberose emerges to envelope you in heaven for at least 3 hours caressing you with every breath you take; does not feel particularly feminine to me; the drydown is beautiful, tranquil and peaceful with amber, leather, sandalwood and vetiver but with a sweet hint of tuberose still in the background...think autumn in yellow and brown terracotta leaves dancing with you in the wind...

The bottle is also incredible...

Another beautiful bottle, but what, pray tell, hides inside? Bond no 9 HARRODS FOR HER opens ever so briefly with just a touch of tuberose, which quickly thereafter disappears forever, never to be sniffed again.

What happens next is a somewhat cacophonous unfurling of notes. I smell something very sour, which is probably the camomile, along with something dirty, which is probably the clary sage (I have essential oils of these and so know what they smell like unadorned), and then, finally, a strong dose of leather emerges and manages to dominate everything else.

The drydown of HARRODS FOR HER is indisputably a leather perfume. And I do mean perfume, for this edp is very longlasting and strong. What it is not, is a floral perfume. I can see where those looking for florals might be disappointed by this composition, and even put off by the sour, dirty, albeit fleeting stage right after the tuberose evaporates. However, I must say that patience pays off in this case, because the drydown constitutes by far the greatest proportion of this fragrance's life, and it is a very nice leather composition indeed, which requires no dilution or admixture of other scents.

I would be surprised if HARRODS FOR HER is selling well, because the opening is so confusing. However, those who bought this one blind for the bottle, and feel therefore compelled to attempt to find some value in its contents, will eventually be rewarded--provided they like leather perfumes!

falovalo
falovalo

Wow, this was kind of like concentrated wild flowers. Almost dirty to my nose. I think it would smell nice on the right person, but I don't think I would enjoy smelling like this.

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

I have absolutely no idea how this previous reviewer got saffron and pine from this fragrance ??? I can only imagine it's more likely a case of mistaken identity ??? ... For there is definitely neither saffron nor pine in Bond no.9's "Harrods For Her". And to my nose, it smelled absolutely nothing like pine nor saffron ! ...
It does however smell exactly like the inspired blend of tuberose and leather that it wonderfully is ! .
On first spraying, you instantly get a lovely mix of orange and neroli in the top notes. But these very soon give way to the wonderful tuberose that sits at centre stage. A tuberose which is also ever so very slightly spiced. The tuberose then gets ever more interesting with some added chamomile and clary sage notes blending in. These, together with the leathery notes that join soon after, have the wonderful effect of "unprettyfying" the tuberose and lending it a slightly more "masculine" and "darker" quality. Which is somewhat less usual for a tuberose fragrance. And exactly what gives this fragrance it's interest. The amber-y base notes anchor it beautifully too !
All this makes it, IMO the perfect candidate for anyone looking for a more unisex tuberose fragrance. (At least, easily so, after the first 15 minutes or so !)

Harrods for Her by Bond No 9 3.50 out of 5 based on 17 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Harrods for Her fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Harrods for Her, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Harrods for Her by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Harrods for Her by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.