Designers » B » « Groups

High Line Bond No 9 for women and men

High Line Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

High Line Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures High Line Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures High Line Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures High Line Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

Bond No.9 High Line High Line is a new fragrance by Bond No.9 presented in an irresistible flacon decorated with leaves of grass and charming floral buds. It was inspired by the newest park of New York, which now has a fragrance dedicated to its existence.

The fragrance was created by Laurice Rahme, founder of the house of Bond No.9, and it is based on herbal and floral cultures found in High Line Park. High Line is a former rail raised 30 meters above ground, stretching between Gansevoort and 34th Street.

Only the first phase of the park has been finished so far, north to 20th Street; second part is scheduled for 2011, while the third part is still negotiated about. In 1999 there was still a risk of tearing down the huge pontoon. Joshua David and Robert Hammond united with the Mayer Michael Bloomberg's administration and founded Friends of the High Line. Design of the garden was created by Dutch landscape designer Piet Oudols, with an aim to connect ecology and design. The park was designed to be rustic and natural. Plants of domestic origin which bloom during whole year were chosen and crops were planted so that blossoming plants change colours and looks of the park depending on the season.

High Line is, as Laurice Rahme says, the first "railroad" fragrance by Bond No.9 – a unisex edition constructed as marine-aldehydic-green fragrance.

The aim of IFF perfumer Laurent Le Guernec was to capture prairie wildness and beauty of leaves while combining them with urban poetry of railway and strict colours of surrounding industrial buildings. As for river, Guernec added ozone notes with surrounding structural metals represented by aldehydes. The biggest part of the formula arrives from floral-green assortment of the park – purple love grass and Indian rhubarb are united with bergamot in a top. Red leaf rose, tulip and grape hyacinth were used in a heart, combined with orange flower water. The High Line’s bur oak hides in a base. Laurent le Guernec says the following about the High Line composition created of 11 notes: ''It is a very fun floral, in a very modern, industrial way.'

The fragrance arrives on the market in March 2010 and its assortment includes 50 and 100 ml EDT. Laurice Rahme joined Friends of High Line association and she will donate 4% of profit from the perfume for facilitating needs of the park.

Bergamot Grass Rhuburb

African Orange flower Hyacinth tincture of rose pink tulip

Oak

Astor Place
Hudson Yards

High Line Fragrance Reviews

Upper East Side
Upper East Side

There's a note here that I can't quite describe. It has this silver sparkle. I've definitely noticed it in other women fragrances.

EDIT: Yes! There's an ozonic note, that's what I'm smelling.

fuggerone
fuggerone

green, green grass and flowers, great for a bright early summer day, enthralling and nice but not in my Bond's top ten..surely an easy target for all the Bond - haters out there!

rockegg
rockegg

I think it's lovely but not at all unique. Reminds me a bit of Pleasures and the flankers. Not sure why someone would pay so much for this experience. By the way, as an avid gardener I get a laugh out of the idea that it smells like pink tulips. Tulips very rarely have a scent. The ones most likely to are apricot in color.

fedz
fedz

Awful!
I can get a better frag for 20 €!!!
Nothing impressive and interesting.
Sorry, but for the price you can get a waaaayyy better scent!

P.S
Have in mind that I am a floral "maniac", but oh my god, this is really disgusting, cheap and soapy.

carissaaurora
carissaaurora

This is much too sharp and sour for me. The grass stays with me and mingles with the oak, which doesn't work on my skin. I unfortunately get very little of the floral. It's a nice smell in the bottle...I think this might be better as a candle.

martinweibye
martinweibye

The longevity on this scent is absolutely crazy. Put two sprays on at 3pm yesterday, today at 1pm, 22 hours and a shower later it stills smells so much that I don't need need to put on anything else!

nuinina
nuinina

Smell very nice on me :)

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

Spring in a bottle!!!! It begins very floral and green. Reminding me of a fresh spring rain. Then after about an hour or so it becomes a sweet clean fragrance that will be very refreshing once it begins to get hot and muggy outside. Unfortunately, it is a fairly strong floral that I ended up sending back because it gave me a bad headache EVERYTIME at the initial spray.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

HOTEL FLOWER SOAP

I have been continually disappointed with Bond. I find their fragrances unrefined and unnatural.

This is no exception.

I recently stayed at a Howard Johnson's hotel (more like a motel), and the little cake of soap in the cellophane had this exact scent.

annasmells
annasmells

I'm sure it's great if you like florals! I smelled Jergen's lotion every time I got a whiff.

babygurl72
babygurl72

Very floral. Im not much into flowery scents, so swapping it will go!

gaz525
gaz525

A lovely, light, mouth watering fragrance very similar to Eternity Summer 2011. Very grassy and fresh with hints of floral and sour fruit. Smells like cut grass on a cold day. Much better than (in my opinion) the horrid Astor place which even though people think smells similar, to me is completely worlds apart. High line does not have that soapy undertone that turns any kind of floral fragrance into smelling like old lady soap. Probably best worn in the summer months and only for day time.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Green grass, bright tulips and juicy rhubarb -- it's all there in the opening and very fresh composition. Stays true to these notes all the way through. The hyacinth comes in but since that's fairly grassy anyway it just contributes to the grass note. Doesn't last as long as the rest of the line, about three hours.

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

So far out of the 4-5 Bonds I have sampled, I like the scent of this one the best. First impressions, fresh and green. However, I sprayed it on at 4:30 and now it is 7:00 and only a trace remains. For the price I find this disappointing. Will edit once I've sampled again.

andretabap
andretabap

High line is one of the most bodied I ever smelled in my life. You can wear it during the day or for a Disco during the night. The women loves when I'm wearing it. And I have about 80 bottles of perfumes from "commercials" to most rares. From Bond no.9 I have 39 fragrance. High line is my top 2. My top 1 is no dobout the "mustang" New Haarlem.

rzetzm
rzetzm

For a change, I do not own this Bond... it came in a bon-bon set.

But boy, I can already tell I'm going to want to sniff this more, once my small sample is out...

I gladly describe this - and I say gladly, because this is a happy scent. Smile! I quickly think of cool green grasses, white/yellow floral, very light rose, and a 'clean linen' notion. It's very fresh.

Being a completely obsessed person with scents (I know, I'm in good company!) I oftentimes give my new samples a 'test run' in front of family or friends: people who will tell me things bluntly. Oh, you know, a quick pass in front to get a good wiff.

For whatever reason, my mother has commented each time when I'm wearing this. What are you wearing??? You smell GOOD! Shes a big jasmine nut (Elie Saab, Alien) and I think I can see why someone loving white florals would love this.

Right up your alley!

thazinha30
thazinha30

After sampling so many Bond no 9s, finally one that I like (along with I love NY for mothers, which is my all time favorite scent). This one is fresh, clean but not overly masculine, though a guy would probably be able to pull it off. I sampled about 10 different Bonds and this it a winner in my book.

Jwaks
Jwaks

smells just like fresh cut dark green grass (chlorophyl) after the rain and pink tulips in a vase filled with water, very feminine with rose lingering in the background with the slightest hint of dry wood. It's very grassy and floral, not very suitable for a guy but awesome for a woman especially during spring days.

elenakoles
elenakoles

I first tried High Line at the Bond No. 9 Saks Fifth Avenue counter last fall - but since it was fall and I thought it would be my next spring fragrance. Between last fall and today, a couple of lovely frags were added to my collection, including Seville a l'Aube by L'Artisan Parfumeur and the gorgeous Beloved by Amouage. However, as I was waiting for the long winter to end, I repeatedly caught myself revisiting that first encounter in my olfactory reverie. Spring finally came to NYC, hyacinths my favorite blooms came out, and my longing for High Line got stronger. Long story short - I ordered a full size bottle and it arrived TODAY! Jubilation! It is a masterfully crafted fragrance, and, as other reviewers pointed out, each note opens beautifully! I am now in my third hour of wearing it, and I have to say, it is magical how it develops with slight nuances on my wrist compared to overall: more woodsy on the wrist and still lovely middle floral notes elsewhere :-) This is my first Bond No.9, and I feel it is a very fortunate introduction to the house. Can't wait to wear it to the office tomorrow!

feely
feely

I'm very much enjoying my decant of this - a great fresh green floral.
It's right up my alley and out of my price range...

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

Spring in a bottle. I can't think of a fragrance that smells more like spring to me. Green, floral and fresh. I'm not usually a floral lover but I like High Line well enough. What stops me from adding this to my collection is after awhile it starts to give me a slight headache, there is something in there that kinda reminds me of cleaning products and I think that's whats doing it. It reminds me of Bond No 9 Astor Place. Sillage and longevity excellent as with all Bonds. One of the most beautiful bottles I've ever seen, wish I liked the smell well enough to display on my vanity.

narita
narita

I was looking for a green frag and tied this. Top notes were green, grassy. But after an hour it turned very floral.... very familiar to.... Dior J'adore! Not a green, crisp, clean frag I was hoping for!

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is very similar to Madison Square Park except where that is fruity and tangy, this is floral and fresh. I like this one much better. It starts off grassy but then dries down to a soft, somewhat powdery floral. Spring in a bottle! It's fresh in a shampoo way that reminds me of DKNY Golden Delicious, without the apple. Mmmm. I want!

Hoxx
Hoxx

If you could somehow extract the essence of spring and make it a center of your fragrance, can you imagine how would it feel? With this fragrance, Bond No 9 did it instead of me.

Imagine a walk through the park, or a well groomed garden. At the entrance you have a fine lawn, with all the blades of grass cut to the same size. They’ve been cut a day ago or so, so you can totally feel its freshness and greenness. As you walk you see a bunch of flowers of different colors and varieties. Getting close to them you can discern them. You see yellow and red tulips, blue hyacinths and a pink rose here and there. Can you feel its bouquet? If you can, you can have a guess what High Line is about.

Naturally, there are some differences in the real perfume compared to this story of mine. At first, while the opening is as grassy as it gets, it has a strong dose of sourness coming from citrus and rhubarb. Some of it stays during the heart too, especially the tart rhubarb note. Aside from that, it’s pretty much as I described it above – a green, very green floral, very refreshing and relaxing perfume.

Longevity is great and sillage is excellent. This perfume is spring in a bottle, so I see that same season as its most certain aim. However, due to its lightness and complexity at the same time, it can be worn whenever you want to feel fresh and youthful. I’d say that this one is more on a feminine side, yet a man can wear it with ease. A beautiful creation by Bond.

8.75/10

icingsugar
icingsugar

This starts off quite fresh I can definately detect the bergamot and in the first few mins is comparable to DKNY be delicious. However this really does develop and soon you have a really fresh powdery floral scent which smells very cheerful, perfect for a spring/summer day. I can't really comment on the lasting power as Ive only been wearing this for a few hours but Bond no 9 fragrances usually have good lasting power on me so fingers crossed.

Sussan
Sussan

Just got it after waiting & wishing for 2 years! Soooo excited!i love this fragrance! It is clean, fresh & feminine with out being fussy. Just perfect! It's expensive so I just couldn't buy it on a whim but then I found a great price on overstock.com & went for it. It's going to be my signature scent from now on! It does remind me a bit of Micheal Kors Very Hollywood tho!

annettepe
annettepe

this one is so lovely. i received a tester but still havent decided if i want to invest in it or not since its very overpriced for a perfume.

this one is a crisp green green, fresh and a little bit sweet scent. it has floral notes in it but its definitely very clean and sophisticated. its very soft but still distinctive. really really like this fragrance and how feminine it is. it reminds me of a confident woman.

nastyamason
nastyamason

Fresh, crispy, grassy with soft florals. So beautiful and feminine. Out of 3 Bond samples I tried, I love this one the most (the other two Madison Square Park and Chinatown). Will buy full bottle, despite poor longevity.

Edit: After second test decided that I like Madison Square better. Ordered a large bottle. MSP is more floral and feminine, while High Line is greener and fresher.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

Out of the few Bonds that I have tried and wanted to like, this one finally gets the big nod and albeit the exorbitant price ( they could at least have put it in a baccarat crystal to make sense of the $400 it costs here), I find myself wanting a full bottle. I am tired of using the word "fresh" to describe a scent but unfortunately no other word suffices. Just as L'Heure Bleue makes me literally a little blue and sighing, this scent is a complete 180 and perks me up, like how blue eye drops are supposed to make eyes bright. In a phrase, this is a bottled garden. One with lots of grass and wildflowers as opposed to the hothouse flowers of Jean Patou's Joy. What wildflowers exactly, I can't tell you, but there's a whole bunch in there, with sprays of greens to temper the sweetness. Words that come to mind for this somewhat linear but pleasing scent are: bright, fresh (once again), energizing,(another overused word but does describe this), floral(subdued). For those who like big, loud scents, I would advise to NOT get this, the sillage is close and gentle, the longevity meets approval, about a full working day. For those looking for an understated, gentle fragrance, this would be an elegant choice.

Bassplant
Bassplant

I generally love green colognes and EDT's and I was anxious to try Bond's new green attempt. The initial notes? Great! I wish it kept them, b/c it very quickly dries down into a floral bouquet of smells. No more "green" after the quick dry down. All I could detect the rest of the day was floral notes. Not what I consider a man's scent, for me anyway. :)

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Aldehydic roses, rhubarb and a dash of linseed oil. Smells like a very sexy woman in a woodworking shop. Cheery scent. The kind of scent that ladies who like lilies and sunflowers would like, orange and yellow. Energetic. Sporty.

Intense silage 10/10.

heatherine
heatherine

I have been wanting to try this for months. I finally stopped procrastinating and ordered a sample. I'm a lover of green scents, tulips and and...well...every other note attributed to Bond No. 9 High Line. It seemed like the quintessential fragrance for my tastes from the reviews I've read. So many times, I will set my expectations high over a scent I've read about, seen, or heard of, only to be disappointed. This is not the case. Every note is perfect, from opening to finish. Two hours after application, the burst of green has settled and the tulips and hyacinth are sprouting. Half-way through the day, the rose opens her bud. All the while, the sweet-tart rhubarb provides a background chorus. I am in LOVE, and if I don't own a FS bottle of this soon, I feel I shall perish. Sillage is wonderful; lasting power is amazing. Win!

gatorNY
gatorNY

I smelled this about a year ago and I ruled it out as an option for me. I thought it was much to feminine/floral. This spring, a friend sent me some samples and I loved wearing it. It is great alone, and as others have said it has amazing longevity and projection. I am absolutely hooked on blending it with NY Oud or Bond No. 9 Signature. I will definitely buy the 100 ml bottle next time!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I agree with the other reviews that describe this as a clean, greenish floral, but unfortunately my chemistry is uncooperative with hyacinth notes, and the hyacinth quickly drowned out the beautiful rhubarb, tulip, and grass notes, which I can still barely detect in the background.

I would love to know what this smells like when it's at its best on someone!

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

As with Bond Chelsea Flowers, this is not how I would like my body to smell, rather my home.

It smells good, just seems the wrong usage. Maybe this is the wrong line for me.

huzayfa
huzayfa

I like it. I dont usually review womans frags, but i bought this for myself. It DEFINATELY smells better on a woman. I really like it. It has amazing silage and i can smell it across the room. Its a fun scent. I could picture Jenifer Aniston wearing this.

Great choice for a gift.(because its liked by everyone) The bottle is a real attention grabber too.

Grade: B-

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A happy amazing grass garden aroma! Opens herbal mixed with a light rhuburb, the heart with a delicious floral notes , i get rose with hyacinth and after that, they mixed in a oak base, a lovely combination, for everybody!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

This includes Purple Love Grass... and I had to stop when I read that on their site. It is such a funny and carefree name for a grass! Maybe hippies named it, but I can declare that I've never heard of it used in a perfume before now. It's described as "the world's first railroad perfume with wildflowers, grasses, and urban renewal." I've imagined a subtle sweet grassy wind, when train windows are open in the Spring. It's not a fast moving subway car kind of fragrance.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Can't wait to try this one. The bottle is gorgeous. Just may be one of my favorite bottles ever!

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

One of the better recent Bond's. For me, Highline will work best in the warmer months.

The bergamot and grass get this started in a splendid way. A sold, clean green floral that is not especially natural. Lasts fairly well.

Since fragrances are a moving target, what wears well for one will not for another (don't you hate that!). I have been told by a number of women that they love wearing it.

Compliments (unsolicited, by strangers) are my measuring stick of how well a frag is working for you and I have received a number to date. That being said, since this wears well on me, I'll be wear it out and fish for compliments! lol

A great modern floral. Well done Bond!

Bond no 9 HIGH LINE does not smell anything like any of the other Bonds I've tried to date (33!). That's already some good news--and especially for a collection which could benefit from a bit of editing... And HIGH LINE's exciting combination of notes holds a great deal of promise to a floral-green lover such as myself: rhubarb, grass, rose, tulip, hyacinth! Yum!

Unfortunately, when the spritz hits my skin, HIGH LINE just smells like another synthetic peony frag. A somewhat watery, greenish synthetic peony frag, but a peony frag all the same. As I have a personal peony problem, finding it very difficult to wear certain renditions of that note, some components of which are clearly present here, HIGH LINE is definitely not for me. If I had a bottle of this, it would sit idle on my shelf--for decorative purposes only.

However, anyone who likes peony fragrances will surely appreciate this creation by Bond no. 9. As for staying power, HIGH LINE fully conforms to Murphy's Law of Longevity: the less wearable a fragrance is for me, the longer it seems to last!

abirae
abirae

When I first tried this in a well aircontitioned room it was love. Cut grass, dry hay, and faint roses came together and it was breathtaking.

On another occasion, I tried it in humid 90 degree NYC weather, and I couldn't stop gagging. The calone that gives it the "watery" quality does not agree with me in hot weather. In the summer, I find Union Square to be a beautiful alternative.

mocha43
mocha43

Got a bon bon of this and it is fabulous! I can't stop sniffing my wrist- I have tested this now for past 3 days and it lives up to my expectation every time. First you get the grass, oak and touch of citrus, then it develops these yummy floral notes that are so artfully blended. This lasts well over 5 hours on me. My experience has been wonderful, and I want to buy a bottle of it when my bank account is a little fatter.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

A "smelled it a million times before" green/marine fragrance, but it is very well done and should appeal to those folks who like their scents squeaky clean. Marketed as unisex, men could easily wear this. If you're looking for a green scent that is richer and more complex, I recommend Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker.

Carla
Carla

I took the high road to one of my favorite perfume watering holes, Bond No. 9 NYC as I was anxious to try their latest so I picked up a sample of High Line and also I wanted to try Success Is A Job in NY. I've been wearing High Line for almost two weeks straight and I guess you can say yes I'm a little hooked and high on High Line. This is surprising for me as I usually steer clear of the outdoorsy green scents.
The opening is none other than a extremely fresh citrus mixed with enough grassy weed greenery to satisfy every nature loving enthusiast. Next comes a huge blast of the semi sweet,sour, tart and energizing rhubarb. Now that's a good start!
Next stage the lightly fragrant tulips quietly tiptoe in and join a smidgen of grape hyacinth and a touch or orange until the stronger sent of rose takes over. Perfect combination!
Last stage, a wet like moss mixed with musk with a tinge of wood that lingers on long enough to last the day. This is a unique and unisex fragrance that I will wear on occasion but this will probably end up in the hands of my husband as green scents are his thing and he does wear them well. Overall its a great scent for green lovers and Bond No 9 rarely if ever disappoints. For me though I'm on to Warhol's Success next as I need that hit of patchouli!

High Line by Bond No 9 3.72 out of 5 based on 170 ratings and 45 user reviews

Bond No. 9 High Line Perfume by Bond No. 9, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Perfume.com
Bond No. 9 High Line Perfume by Bond No. 9 - 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Bond No. 9 High Line Perfume by Bond No. 9 - 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
BOND NO. 9 HIGH LINE for UNISEX by Bond No. 9 EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
BOND NO. 9 HIGH LINE for UNISEX by Bond No. 9 EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
Bond No. 9 High Line Perfume by Bond No. 9, 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Perfume.com
Bond No. 9 New York 'High Line' Eau de Parfum 3.3 oz
Eau De Parfum
Bond No. 9 New York 'High Line' Eau de Parfum
Bond No. 9 New York 'High Line' Eau de Parfum

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 High Line fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 High Line, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify High Line by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of High Line by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.