Designers » B » Floral Green « Groups

I Love New York Earth Day Bond No 9 for women
dislike

tuberose
I Love New York Earth Day Bond No 9 for women Pictures

I Love New York Earth Day is a luxurious and refreshing green floral scent. Top notes: tangerine, orchid and orange blossom. Heart: tuberose, lily of the valley and iris root. Base: musk, oak moss and amber.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. I Love New York Earth Day was launched in 2012.

Orange Blossom Tangerine Orchid

Tuberose Lily-of-the-Valley iris

Musk Sandalwood Oakmoss Amber

Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan

I Love New York Earth Day Fragrance Reviews

Tardigrada
Tardigrada

Holly molly tuberose! Someone compares this Carnal flower? are you nuts? It's more close to Amarige kind of cloying tuberose, or even Narcotic Venus. Not bad whatsoever, yet painfully boring. Don't get me wrong, I love tuberose, but only when that diva sings a proper aria, accompanied by a great orchestra.
3 out of 10

PurseJunkie
PurseJunkie

Let me lead off by saying that I like this. My first true loves in the perfume world were all white florals, particularly tuberose, and that’s exactly what you get here. Also, it gives me a nostalgic callback to the 70’s, when Coty’s Muguet de Bois was still a thing. It’s not complicated but it’s…pleasant.

So I like it, but I don’t get it. I don’t get the positioning. I mean, wouldn’t you think the “Earth Day” fragrance would be a little more…green? And unisex? Ha! You’d be hard pressed to make something more femme than this. It’s like Product Development called down the lab and said, “we’re doing Earth Day, whatdayagot? Big, retro flowerbomb? Fine. Now it’s Marketing’s problem.”

Am I going to enjoy the rest of my sample? Yes. Would I drop $175 for a full bottle? No.

Nylonster
Nylonster

Ladies and gents, could you please help me find a cheaper fragrance close to this one? It is really expensive and hard to find in my country, but I had it once and I fell in love with it! Thanks in advance for the info!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

The girl at Sephora assured me that this is a unisex scent when she made up the sample. It isn't, not at all.

It's a white flower scent - and a mediocre one at that. There are any number of better white flower/tuberose fragrances: Chanel #5, Alien, and Amarige spring to mind... this is way too flowery for my use. By the way, as other reviewers have pointed out, there is no discernable green notes in this green bottle.

Fortunately, longevity and sillage aren't all that great, so I didn't have to live with this for long.

I must confess a certain degree of bias against this perfume house and its politically correct, sloganized concept fragrances. How come no "I (Heart) High Taxes" or "I (Heart) the Nanny State?"

evilspin
evilspin

When I smelled this at the store it immediately reminded me of tuberose, jasmines, orange blossoms, grass and soap. The sales lady said I was right on and she said its a new release by Bond. She gave me a sample and I told her its pretty feminine & she said it's unisex and a Earth day release. Its not really my type of go-to scent & it reminds me of a clean after the shower smell in a floral garden but i'd try it. She said "exactly, this is for the morning just came out of the shower I feel clean ready to start my day at work wake the senses fragrance." I told her its too floral and a common coapy scent and she kept putting off the fact that i kept bringing up a floral dfeminine sense & kept catering that its unisex and its more green and fresh clean scent. I see it states its for women. So I was dead on about it being to feminine for my taste. I guess a guy might pull it off depending on his pH, except its more floral than grassy.

bronwen80
bronwen80

Beautiful yet simpe white flora. Earth Day is a pleasant easy to wear scent. Not as quirky as some of the other Bond No. 9 scents but still a masterpiece. This would be a great perfume to try if you are looking for something away from the gourmand scents. I dont usually wear floral scent but this one is a delight

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

There's nothing green on "I love NY - Earth Day". All you get is a quite linear floral fragrance focused on the tuberose note.
If you enjoy this note, it may be your cup of tea, since "Earth Day" lasts a really long time and has almost no evolution.

raw umber
raw umber

I did a side by side comparison of I Love New York Earth Day and Carnal Flower, since both are powerful green tuberose fragrances. I Love New York Earth Day is more homogeneous, exceedingly smooth, and the green aspect here is sweeter and translucent, though the fragrance overall is declarative and a great projector.

Pronounced as it is, Earth day has zero sharp edges and rough spots. It's not even grounded next to Carnal Flower. It's more like a luminous tuberose liquid, or something that hovers in the air.I find it to be an extremely wearable floral with great longevity, but after a time, something subtly generic/synthetic-smelling emerges in the base, which makes me lean in favor of Carnal Flower's superior ingredients and crisp, articulated profile. Synthetic hues have no place in this particular green soliflore. Over time, the smooth elixir quality of Earth Day continues to sublimate into an ephemeral and relatively unremarkable state, while Carnal Flower retains its dimension and unwavering decisiveness.

Carnal flower is standing firmly planted on the ground: High heels, ballgown, and hand held way out in front of her to "yield". Carnal Flower is majestic as #&%@! She's compositionally layered and dynamic, multi-faceted, sweet, green, vibrant, sparkling, rich, and you can not sneak past her. She's right in the middle of the cross-walk, with textural green elements containing an almost mentholated tinge. She warns you that you better wear her before she wears you; a challenge you gladly accept. She is daring you to dodge her, to get around her, but you know you'll never succeed. Better just to surrender. Alright, Carnal Flower. Game over.. you win.

paulab
paulab

This is tuberose, but not "smack you in the forehead" tuberose. It is listed as a green floral but I don't get any sharp greenness. To me it seemed pretty linear, the tangy citrus disappears quickly and then it is soft tuberose. It reminds me of MK Gold with a drop of MJ Daisy. Moderate silage and lasting power.

moskie
moskie

I was so excited to try this as a blind buy. I am a lover of tuberose, with Fracas being a longtime staple in my fragrance wardrobe and Jo Malone, Vintage Gardenia, another white floral tuberose scent that has been an on and off love. So what happened to Earth Day? One tiny spray on each wrist and instant headache. So sad! I find it to be completely cloying, and after 2 hours, still cloying tuberose and overpowering. Maybe I need to wait for the drydown because I so want to smell the musk, oak moss and amber base with my beloved tuberose-but I dont have the patience and I need to treat my headache.

Cams
Cams

This is a beautiful green, floral fragrance and is amazingly long-lasting. I wore it 3 days ago and the smell is still on my shirt! Its one of my favourite Bond No 9. Highly recommended!

Francop
Francop

This scent is a beautiful green wet floral with a very prominent tuberose note that is wearable by both sexes and has great longevity.

It moves me in the sense that it is more complex and evolves more that some of the other Bonds from the I Love NY collection.

Bond no 9 I LOVE NEW YORK EARTH DAY, to my surprise, is a big tuberose perfume. I think that someone in the marketing department must have mixed up the EARTH DAY and the MOTHERS, because this tuberose would have gone perfectly in the pink and that citrus floral would have been great in this green bottle. The problem is that many mothers prefer very floral, feminine perfumes, which EARTH DAY is, and some guys may have purchased EARTH DAY and been surprised to discover that it's a friend of FRACAS, while they might have been happier with the resinous citrus mixed with lighter florals in MOTHERS.

In any case, EARTH DAY smells very nice to me, because and only because: I Love Tuberose (not NY)! (-; As I find generally to be the case with Bond no 9, the longevity and sillage are excellent. The tuberose is greenish, but not in the sense of vegetal, as in FM CARNAL FLOWER, which I wore again recently and decided that I don't really like. The tuberose in EARTH DAY is unabashedly feminine: big, billowy, and intense, but a bit less diva-ish than FRACAS. I like this a lot, but it is really and truly a composition for tuberose lovers only!

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Most of the Bonds I love blending for some reason I could put this in my top 5 stand alone Bonds. It is very green and the tuberose is almost medicinal in the opening. Immediately the medicinal goes away and it become a green semi-citrus tuberose fragrance with a lot of punch a little sweet from the tangerine and orange blossom. If I didnt' say it before I will say it again. The Bond event is on it's way and I may be getting a bottle of this.

dannysmom
dannysmom

I got some samples of this at a department store. It is definitely a crisp floral green, with a lot of florals and a little citrus. It's what I would describe as being "perfumy", with some very sharp notes.. However, it did last a while on my skin. Normally, I like Bond No. 9's. I don't find this one special or unique, though.

I Love New York Earth Day by Bond No 9 3.84 out of 5 based on 68 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 I Love New York Earth Day fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 I Love New York Earth Day, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify I Love New York Earth Day by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of I Love New York Earth Day by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.