Designers » B » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

dislike

cacao
coffee
nutty

New York niche perfumery house Bond No. 9’s latest line of fragrance is dedicated to the city itself, inspired by its energy, pace, freedom and eternal vivacity. I Love New York is a collection of 15 fragrances that are created by IFF. The first three editions, I Love New York for Her, I Love New York for Him and I Love New York for All, come out on the market in September 2011, marking ten years since New York's September 11 tragedy.

"In a black bottle, I LOVE NEW YORK for All is velvety smooth yet sense-awakening—like a really good and fresh cup of java laden with cream. In fact, at the heart of this warmth-inducing gourmand’s delight is an infusion of coffee beans with soothing but slightly spicy cacao natural and tantalizing creamy chestnut. But those aren’t the first flavors you smell. At the outset, a gentle wake-up call: a citrus-floral-spice blend of bergamot, lily of the valley, and pepper. Top-notes usually aren’t as softspoken as these, but for sure your attention is riveted, and remains so as the coffee aroma begins percolating. The mellowness is sustained at the end with base notes of exotic, always-entrancing patchouli, animal leatherwood, hypnotic sandalwood, and, adding a rum-like kicker, vanilla."

All three fragrances are adorned with the legendary I

Bergamot Lily-of-the-Valley Pepper

Cacao Marron glace Coffee

Sandalwood Patchouli Woodsy Notes Vanille Leather

Rebelle
PG04 Musc Maori

I Love New York for All Fragrance Reviews

JaiTee
JaiTee

Love the way this opens -- it reminds me of a more vanilla-y Addict. The drydown is very gourmand. It's yummy and I love smelling it, but, it isn't a scent I would wear. Gourmands are just not my type.

Iris_it
Iris_it

I say immedeately that I am not drawn by gourmands in general but this composition smells so weird to my nose that if I had smelled it for the very first time with eyes closed , I could have never thought of it as coming from an ( expensive ) perfume bottle .
Maybe I am too accustomed to perfumes of the past decades ...

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

For years I sought a fragrance that accurately captured the signature NY scent of roasted chestnuts, hot from the stand. While I Love NY for All is billed as a coffee fragrance, it is much more on the dessert side. It opens with smooth floral notes, a bit of chocolate, and sugared chestnut, then settles into more of a spicy sandalwood with a whisper of vanilla. Plenty of patchouli comes out to play on the drydown but it never overwhelms the sweet candied notes. I adore this scent in the cold weather as it is extremely cozy. For the price, I've always wanted prettier packaging from Bond No. 9. All in all, this member of the I Love NY fragrance family is a must-try for lovers of gourmand perfumes. Delectable.

I'm not a gourmand person and that's probably why New York for All nearly seared my eyeballs off and made me think: SIZZURP!

As much as I love the scent of roasted chestnuts I've come to realize marron glace is NOT roasted chestnuts. It's SUGAR and maybe a hint of chestnuts. Dump in a Starbucks Mocha and some vanilla extract and you've got New York for All.

Oh and some patchouli to you know, balance it out or whatever.

Jamspan
Jamspan

I've been looking for a sweet cocoa scent for about a year now. I have a decant of LIDGE but the citrus+Cocoa wasn't doing it for me. Next, I fell in love with Nasomatto Pardon which is drier and not as sweet but is a good formal scent.

ILNYFA is the cocoa scent I've been looking for.Nice Sweet Milk chocolate and chestnut(smells like hazelnut)and has good longevity. This is my first FB from Bond as I like it better than New Haarlem as my go to gourmand.

$$

For those who didnt catch on the first time i made a review for this parfum, do ya self a favor and layer this with N.Y. For Him and youll have a scent thats simply irresistable.Nothing is better than the sweet,nutty,spicy in the N.Y.F All and the fresh,woody and aromatic in N.Y.F Him.Be that person!

lalelu
lalelu

the opening smells like piss but after about 15 minutes it settles and you get fresh cookie dough scent.

NINaudio
NINaudio

This is a beautiful gourmand fragrance. On me I get cacao throughout, but not an overly sweet cacao. I kept smelling it and thinking of cacao powder used in baking. I don't smell any coffee notes. My SO said it smells yummy and delicious on me. She was a big fan of it as well.

I used a tiny amount because I didn't want it to become cloying. With this application, what I got was a very smooth and mellow gourmand that lasted a long time. It was clearly vanillic but the other notes were not easy to detect, other than a clear but mild (and blended) floral element. When I caught a heavy waft I have to admit that it smelled very good, not "synthetic" at all (my great fear with Bond/9 scents). There may indeed be a very mild rum note in there, but with a half spritz to the chest don't expect to experience it with a lot of force. Overall, the only complaint might be the price, considering that I think I'd rather wear Pure Havane if given a choice between the two, and that one is less expensive.

nurc
nurc

Smells exactly like you are at a canival/fair. Buttery caramel popcorn. Very good, but can quickly become cloying. I like the scent, but I would advise to go light, or make sure you are outside/ in an open area.

pilarrl
pilarrl

After reading so many great reviews, I went to the Bond No.9 counter and I asked for a sample to try it. I tried it and much to my dismay it smelled milky on me, very unfortunate. I wanted to scrub it off.

On my mom this smells fantastic: sweet, milk chocolatey, with great sillage and longevity.

evilspin

I love this fragrance. Perfect for Autumn & Winter. Evening/Night Holiday parties. Cold winter romantic nights in flannel and wool sweaters. Cocoa, vanilla, tonka bean, mocha, praline, coffee, whip cream caramel buttery scent with a hint of medicine & butterscotch scents. Not for everyone but such an unusual scent that these are the ones that get noticed. So many gourmand hints inside that it keeps the smeller guessing which gourmand sweet does this recall all a while enticing to taste of a morning sweet cup of coffee on a winter beautiful day/night by the fire.

$$

Very nice cafe gourmand parfum SIMPLY OUTSTANDING! If you layer it with I LOVE NEW YORK FOR HIM its RIDICULOUS.

hedward
hedward

After wearing this for a couple of times I have to say... no way. The opening is very pleasant with unique milky chocolate aroma. Kind of reminded me of a carnival where they sell popcorn and chocolate in the same stand. Salty buttery caramelish milk chocolate is the best I can describe this.

Then.. my god. A few hours post applying an absolutely vulgar note appeared - sausage. And not a good sausage but a cheap one you might encounter between a hot dog bread. New York for All literally smelled like a chocolate coated sausage. Such a shame.. the top and heart notes were very promising and unique but the drydown of this fragrance is just unwearable.

kirtylou
kirtylou

Got a sample of this and was pretty excited to try it... gourmand lovers will really enjoy this! It reminds me a bit of Aquolina's Gold Sugar and Pink Sugar Sparks, but higher quality. I can tell this is high quality because my cat tries to lick it off me... my cats ONLY try to lick my expensive perfume and won't touch the cheap stuff. Weird, I know ;).

Anyway, while this scent is not quite for me (a little too rich and decadent, it sort of smothers me with heavy creaminess in a distracting manner), it is nice and I can see people really enjoying it.

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

If you come around me smelling like food and you don't have any food to offer!.. And I'm HUNGRY!? Get the hell outa here wit that!.. Making my stomach growl and shit

bronwen80
bronwen80

I have yet to meet an I Love NY perfume that I do not like and this is no exception!! A true gourmand with note of milk, coffee, sugar and caramel. Yet another master piece from Bond No. 9!! Any one that craves sweet foody notes will love this unconditionally!!

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

VERY buttery, sweet, smokey, powdery. It's kind of weird, to be honest. But I'm not sure that's a bad thing, as I can't seem to stop sniffing my wrist to see what the scent is doing. The dry-down is phenomenal; however, it takes about 2 hours to get there. Until then, the salt and fat are quite present and make I Love New York For All smell kind of like a savory pie. It's almost meaty, in a way. I'm still exploring the scent, for now, in sample form. Further forays into "New York" are needed before I decide if I'd like to live there, but while I'm not in love, I am very, very intrigued.

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

I first tested this fragrance at a sephora store in florida. It was love at first sniff. I didn't get any straight up coffee, maybe Mocha if i will go by the notes but what i am really getting is a spilled sweet milk with some cocoa/mocha mixed in it. its very very sweet milk and nutty dark chocolate cookies. I am very pleased to finally get a bottle split, i have about 30ml left in the bottle but I know its not going to last long. Although it does stay on clothing and hair up til the next day its longevity on skin seems to be around 3-4hr. the silage is great for the first 3hr then very close to skin or rather clothes since it just seems to disappear on my skin.

almarie
almarie

I finally tested this, since we just got a Von Maur in our mall. (They only have 4 Bond No.9 fragrances) But, I have to say that I'm really not that impressed. It smells, IMO, so similar to another fragrance I can't quite put my finger on, but is much less expensive, and it just doesn't seem that great.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

عطر فواح وثقيل نوعا ماء ويصعب تقبلة من وجهة نظري لا ارى اي تميز هنا رائحة قهوة وكاكو مع شي حلو مع رائحةكانها رائحة مضاد ربما يكون لهذا العطر اناسة ولكنه ليس لي ابدا لدي عينه منه

AdrianB
AdrianB

My first try with this house.

I really really wish I was getting coffee, vanilla or any spices. Unfortunately what I'm getting on my skin at the moment is medicine. Specifically the oral antibiotics I was given as a child to clear up my ear infections. This would be back before they flavored children's meds, when dinosaurs roamed the earth and we listened to vinyl albums. Anyways...I'll keep it on in hopes that those lovely scents will appear soon. If not, maybe it'll work on one of my kids. They've been loving trying new frags too.

Edited: Sadly it's a scrubber for me because the medicine smell is all I get. Even my husband said it, although he called it "licorice cough drops." But sillage and longevity are excellent so IMO its a very well made fragrance. Just doesn't agree with my chemistry.

clancyann
clancyann

I'm so glad Robynlovesperfume agrees on this point: I Love New York for All does smell great, but I can't deny its similarity to Rihanna Rebelle. The coffee, cacao, and patchouli in both fragrances give them significant overlap. I once had a mini of Rebelle, and I tried out a sample of ILNYFA yesterday. They are both gorgeous, sweet, and sophisticated, but if I were going to go for a full bottle, I couldn't justify paying for Bond when these two smell so much alike on me.

freddinos
freddinos

Buttery gourmand. Very reminiscent of Ava Luxe Milk, only this is sweetened and full fat. Didn't get the coffee, just a bit of cacao. Good lasting power.

meugie
meugie

I only have a decant, but the bottle is in wishilist.
Totally gourmand since the opening: coffee, chocolate and vanilla, slightly spicy. There's something of almond that I credit the marrons glacés. It's like to be in Starbucks’s line, waiting your first coffee of the day.
When I smell directly from the bottle, can get the bergamot. But when applying on skin this note soon dissipates.
The drydown is caramel coffee (caramel macchiato), sustained by the patchoulli and leather.
Better than I expected; However, it doesn't last long – about 4:00 to 5:00 hours.
The opening has a strong projection, but after few minutes it calms down and only will be perceived by whom approaches.

kris919
kris919

All I got was black pepper and bitter chocolate, very cloying after awhile. will return.

LJernegan
LJernegan

For some reason, I smell nuts in this one. I like the rest of the notes, but I don't think I want to smell like nuts. Maybe it is just my skin.

kaduell
kaduell

It was love at first smell! There have been many perfumes that use vanilla as either a middle or base note, and never getting it quite right. It can be overpowering due to fruity notes mixed with it, or it tries to make vanilla seem like the only extreme note you are smelling. It can be overwhelming. This perfume creates a perfect combination with other woody and oriental notes (along with coffee) that complement each other, vanilla being a base, without giving me a headache or stomachache. It seems to work with my body chemistry very well and I will plan to use this perfume when I want to smell sweet and sexy.

Susan_b
Susan_b

I was told that I smelled like sugar and raid. Needless to say it went back immediately!!!!!

Linden
Linden

From my first whiff, I was immediately taken back to my days serving at a golf club restaurant; where every busy Sunday we had a lunch buffet. This is the scent of Belgian waffles cooking; the butter spray, even a hint of hot teflon-perhaps my perception of the leather accord here. Chocolate sauce, cocoa, icing sugar and coffee, the entire sweet table, literally, perfectly captured in a bottle. As pleasant as this may sound to some, all of us servers would smell like this at the end of the long hectic day. Unfortunately, the association is just too strong for me to enjoy this Bond, but it's a great gourmand composition nonetheless.

piergeorgia.francesca
piergeorgia.francesca

To me it smells like boiling rice. What a disappointment.

Norgirl
Norgirl

This perfume is such a treat . Initialy i was a bit hesitent to get this do to the Coffey note . But this is pure bliss ;) Sweet , coffy toffey and what smells like Cardamom . This smells almost like a Cinnamon Bun With Coffey at the side. Just take away a litle cinnamon add some more Vanilla and cardamom and you hav ethis wonderfull cosy smell ;)
Thi to me is a gourmand scent for hure . I would say its much more feminin then masculin. (Offcourse this is only on my skin . it might smell totaly different on others )
The Vanilla dominates more towards the end . but still the slight spicyness of Coffey and cardamom lingers. there is a slight woodyness . butnot to much . this other notes listed are not prominant to me on my skin.
A lovely treat of a Blind buy. <3

Germany
Germany

Excellent perfume! Stays for a long time and gets better and better. Warm and fuzzy. Awesome for colder days but I enjoy this anytime. It's a coffee latte chocolate maroon scent and has a great woody vanilla dry down. Absolute love for me. I am thinking its becoming slowly one of my favourites and may be moving to my top shelf!!! It is indeed a breakfast scent. It smells like breakfast and maroons with coffee . It is equally great on a man. Absolute LOVE!!!! Superb quality!

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

Milky chocolaty and creamy, to me it smells like the drink Alpino Fast, with a leather note in the background! Wonderful.

gividaletti
gividaletti

This scent is intriguing ... is super super sweet and snack at the same time ....... I felt as if they were salted almonds / toast .... with lots of vanilla, caramel. Patchouli is muitooooo strong, it's like if u smell right on the bottle of Vick's Vaporub.
not bad but not found! Quite the contrary, I was wanting one with all the forces

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Found it at The Bay Guildford (small bottle $125 - shh). Immediately after the spray, I detect the vanilla and cocoa - in that order. The vanilla is not the synthetic sugary scent. It is a hint of spice, like woodsy notes. I would say it is like mixing 2/3 vanilla and 1/3 sandalwood splashed on sandalwood. Yummy! For the price though, it is similar to a bottle of essential vanilla oil from Escents ($14.95). If good longevity and large sillage is my target, I would spend the bucks on Bond. One day…

One spray on me,
Sillage: about 1 foot
Longevity: about 4 hours

Zeldado50
Zeldado50

I tried a sample of this and liked it so went for a full bottle. I do love it but think it will be better for wearing in autumn / winter I get the coffee , cacao but I'm finding the patchouli strong in it too,that was a note I thought I didn't like but it's growing on me . The heat seems to make it stronger . It's has great longevity even surviving a working day where my hands are in and out of water . I like that I can smell it without having to sniff my wrist and I find the dry down comforting and for once can get the cacao smell yum!

ranchorita
ranchorita

This is my first Bond No 9 to try, and I'm surprised to find myself loving this perfume because I normally don't care for the gourmand/foodie class of fragrances on myself. Thanks to the generosity of BRIECHEESE1188 for including this sample in her recent giveaway.

I Love New York For All features elements which set it a bit apart from the rest of the gourmand pack, in my view, rendering it more complex and interesting. The wood/patchouli/leather accords act as a capable foil for the sweet/chocolate/coffee spike and mellow this from something merely dessert-like/breakfast-pastry to a more balanced array of notes. A brief showing of bergamot in the opening adds yet more layering to the ensemble effect.

Sillage seems good, and longevity is impressive. Definite unisex perfume in my opinion. I'd find this equally compelling on a man or a woman, and that to me is the mark of a well-composed fragrance, very often. I'm moving this one to my "want" list.

hadassa
hadassa

A total scrubber for me.

There's loads of cacao and coffee in this perfume, and there is some weird foody smoky/spicy quality to it, a combination that sadly results in smelling like chocolate coated SAUSAGES. Simply nauseating.

Chapeau for the longevity, though. It stays on the skin for a very long time, even if you try to take it off with soap and hot water.

As horrible as I think it smelled on my wrist, I do imagine it to work with some guy's chemistry (I don't see it on a woman).

Javi0005
Javi0005

Heaven on my skin. Gets me tons of compliments, plus it's not as available as other frags. My gf calls this our breakfast scent. ;-)

curvealert
curvealert

Judging from the reviews on this perfume, what you get very much depends on skin chemistry. I wish I got the sweet coffee blend some have described. There is a hint of what might have been lurking on my wrist (something like cardamom infused chai) but the dominant notes reek of a mixture of sharp, cold metal, diesel and rancid chocolate milk. Sorry, but it's a pass from me.

Caist
Caist

An old doughnut, and a salty handful of popcorn (same day popcorn) on the floor of the Manhattan transit. This planets dirtiest earth child wouldn't wear this sauce.

(I smell inspiration from a rough night out.. amazing what social status can do)

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

Smells exactly like chocolate Rice Krispies! AMAZING! Creamy chocolate gourmand.....and when Bond No. 9 does gourmand they always get it right. Sexy, sexy, sexy and sexy scent.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Gourmand lovers, rejoice! "I love NY for All" is your idea of heaven.
All I can get on my skin is the sweet combination of cocoa and marrom glacé that lasts a really long time. It's "yummy!", but it can be "yuck!" if overapplied. It can make you sick due to its sweetness.

Bond No. 9 does a great job with gourmand fragrances (So New York, New Haarlem and I love NY for all). Although all these fragrances share the same main note, they are very different and can truly shine on your collection.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A legitimate gourmand, a creamy mixture, I believe that the combination of cocoa and coffee, marrom glace become kind of a caramel aroma, while the entry of vanilla is a scent of sour cream.
It also refers to white chocolate, something like boiled milk and somewhat buttery, a background of patchouli but nothing intense.
In summary this is a delicious aroma for those who enjoy true gourmands, very sweet and original.

raw umber
raw umber

I <3 New York for All by Bond No 9 is smooth black leather gloves, cupping a generous handful of artificially flavored cocoa cereal with a dusting of instant coffee powder and black pepper. I wonder what the corn syrup content of this stuff is... or maybe they use Stevia.

There are slightly flowery and milky elements as well in the opening, though the above description pretty much sums it up for me.

When I smelled it on a test strip, my first thought was, "cinnamon toast!" because of the peppery aspect of the cocoa/coffee note, and the butteryness of the entire composition.

Now that I am experiencing its development on my skin, I can see that it is just as much a vanilla oriental as it is a gourmand. I do not want to eat this leather-gloved hand overflowing with unconventionally dressed chocolate cereal. I don't entirely mind it either. It is very well blended but retains good note separation, and the vanilla/coffee milk becomes more prominent as it dries down.

The subtle floral in it keeps it fresh, and the milkiness keeps it from being too loud. The projection and longevity are very good. This would probably cling to clothing forever if applied directly to it.

I still feel like there is some cinnamon in there... I'll get over it.

bcoops

Ok after having this for about 6 months I can say I have seen both sides of this fragrance.One side is a stale milk smell or something stale the other is like someone said smelling a bowl of count chocula cereal.... When I do get the count chocula cereal that's where this is a sweet gourmand dream... It bold lasts and is great .... When it's stale it stale... I can't explain why I get these 2 extremes out of this frag but I have seen the kinda of thing happen with dhi sometimes I get an insane chocolate chip cookie dough vibe and others just vanilla/iris ... I never get any coffee but I highly recommend trying this many times .....

Ps today it's is the sweet gourmand lovers dream!

Psiclops
Psiclops

I get an initial whiff of vanilla, baking, gourmand, and then a half second later something else comes in that is unpleasant to me. Something animalistic, maybe the leather that others have mentioned. But it didn't sit right.

I gave it a good couple of hours on my skin, putting my nose to my forearm every 15 minutes or so and got the same experience. Very linear on me.

I needed to take a shower, which had nothing to do with the perfume. After showering, the scent was gone. And I wasn't sad about it.

Симба
Симба

Please, answer my question!
How to determine the remaining liquid in the bottle?
If you shine a strong light behind the bottle, the liquid level will be seen?

Or this question - how much weight a full bottle of 100 ml, but without the lid(cap) and the box?

Thanks to all the answers!

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

Based on the notes I thought I would love this since I love sweet gourmand fragrances. But when I got to test this , what a shocker. Like a combination of all the notes but gone stale. Just a sickly sweet stale scent. Smells like chocolate when it turns bright and flakey with some medicine poured over it. I could not tolerate this at all. To each his own.

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

Funny how I had sampled this since I had been looking for a coffee scent, and although I do not smell any coffee in this, I love the Chocolate. It's like chocolate wrapped in a vanilla blanket. It's warm and spicy, the pepper and patchouli are there but light, not heavy. I love it. It also gives me the desire for something sweet. It last forever about 10-12 hours. After about 6 hrs though the chocolate power fades leaving you with mostly vanilla. Sillage is good too. Kudos to Bond No. 9.

sebjar
sebjar

Ooph! I'm trying on a sample now but geez all I get is medicine, bitter medicinal notes almost annoying like the medicine has gone bad kind of smell. Or almost like opening a wooden medicine cabinet where the medicine fragrance has taken over the wooden cabinet with just a hint of the wood like cedar or some other fragrant wood. Not recommended. Is it my body chemistry? This should be called I Love New York For Some! Sorry not for me! And what gives I usually love cacao, chocolate notes but it's just not working for me here. And I was really hoping it would because I'm a huge fan of gourmands but I wouldn't call this a gourmand! Sorry!

UPDATE!!! I'm actually now digging this frag. It's the long lost distant cousin of L'Instand de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme with Sandalwood. I think the bitter medicinal motes were caused by the sandalwood note in here. It just came off bitter medicinal notes to me but once the bitter is faded away it's an amazing fragrance. I love it and it's long lasting better for colder weather for sure but you can use it with caution in warmer climates. Gourmand to the max though for sure! How my nose has turned around I don't know. I just had to get past the medicinal notes.

Whit
Whit

This one is on my Christmas wish list and I got a sample of it when one of my "prezzies" arrived. My hubby didn't realize that Nordies gives out samples with a purchase, LOL. Anyway, it was going to be blind buy, but now I actually get to try it before he orders it.

When I first spritzed it (just once on each wrist), I thought "Whoa, this is seriously strong!" It smelled rather peppery and I was thinking "Ok, maybe I don't want this one after all!" But I wore it and as it settled, it became a lovely, sweet coffee scent with slight nuances of chocolate and my hubby agreed saying "Mmmm...that smells good!" The sillage was amazing and it lasted all day plus though my super sweaty hour-and-a-half long interval session on the bicycle! Yep, if it can last through all that, it's a winner in my book!

holychristy
holychristy

I would like this if it was in candle form. Makes me wanna eat a cinnamon bun or something.

iMaverick
iMaverick

This seems like a retake of BNo9's New Haarlem, but turns its head more towards a version of Rochas Man without the caramelized base and its vein of synthetic lavender. I personally like it. Absolutely smells edible. Makes me smile, like having a fun time walking with friends on a busy street. There's also a spicy cinnamon vibe which reminds me of Mexican fried ice cream on a waffle cone--if they served it that way. The coffee is there, but not bitter at all, more like Kahlua than espresso. Not heavy or cloyingly suffocating at all, you can wear this on a hot humid summer day without thinking you just got a blended coffee drink spilled all over you.

It's niche, $105US for a small bottle, which is a bargain for a BNo9 scent. I also have to add that the scent lasts forever on your skin, I mean FOR-EVER! It's an excellent gourmand.

flora lee

I have completely come around to this one after sniffing samples of "Manhattan" and realizing "For All" really delivers on what I was looking for. Wearable cozy chocolate vanilla with a dry woody base. This just stays nice on my skin and is a luscious fall sweater scent. So different than any other scent too, I think the touch of cardamom makes it chic.

Jiggaman6971
Jiggaman6971

(I'm a rookie in fragrance reviews) Tried this fragrance at Nordstrom's by applying one spray on the top of my wrist. Immediately I felt that the sweet cao cao/chocolate smell was way too strong, overwhelming, and powerful. It was almost a deal breaker, but I remained open minded. Smelling my wrist every 10 minutes, I began to fall for this fragrance. After an hour and a half, I was sold!!! (Sillage) Great!!! I was wearing La nuit de l'homme by YSL and quite often I'd get a slight wiff of the I love New York on my wrist,,, crazy!! (Longevity) sprayed at 530 pm and stayed out at a concert til 130am and could smell that one little spray clear as day without having to put my nose directly up to the skin. (just a wave under my nose) Freaking awesome!!

beebeebrown
beebeebrown

sprayed on.wrist...wow...yumm..well...mmmkay...muffins maybe...PLASTIK hit the nail on the head. It semlls just like the non sugary thing-ees in the lucky chams cereal.I love it!!!

finanna
finanna

This is a soft, delicious gourmand on me. My mum used to make sweet, creamy rice pudding with lots of vanilla and cardamom smelling exactly the same as the opening. In I Love New York For All, this sweet treat comes with a cup of creamy cafe latte, topped with a sprinkle of cocoa powder. Not the bitter, real thing but the light brown that has been diluted with sugar.

I was expecting something darker, more rich in coffee&cocoa notes but really like the composition. It is very relaxing, couldn't imagine wearing this for work. Rather, it is perfect for those cold days when you want to stay indoors and cuddle with your sweetheart.

I got a 5ml decant in swap and trying to make up my mind if I should buy a full bottle. This is very sweet and I have some doubts on the longevity (about 4-5h on my skin, soft-moderate sillage). On the other hand, I do like it a lot.

Mizz-Coco
Mizz-Coco

I get pure cardamom after this hits my skin with some cinnamon and patchouli. The coffee isn't prominent as in new haarlem for me. The longevity is not that great and the sillage isn't stellar so I'm not willing to fork big bucks for this one. Just not worth it IMO.

plastik
plastik

Open a box of Lucky Charms cereal and take a huge sniff. That's what the drydown smells like to me. It opens with a sweet and nutty smell. Being a fan of gourmands, I enjoy it.

Robynlovesperfume

When 'I Love New York for All' first came out, I adored it. Now, months later, I have come to somewhat dislike it.

'I Love New York for All' starts off smelling of lots of pepper, a bit of flowers (sorry, I can't differentiate which kinds), and sweet gourmand notes of coffee, chocolate, and vanilla. It also smells very bitter to me, almost as if you're smelling this fragrance in a moldy and dusty attic. However, I'm pleased to say this stale, musty, bitterness does not last for the duration of the fragrance's journey, and does pipe down over time, approx an hour, give or take. After the hour, the coffee, chocolate, and vanilla are even more noticeable than before, with an added patchouli note, which also becomes more prominent as time goes by.

I love the sweet notes in this fragrance. However, the pepper, the flower mesh, and stale bitterness are what make me feel slightly turned off by it. I don't know, it might be me, but I think this makes for quite a strange combo. And the weirdness of it somewhat reminds me of how TM Angel smells.

I used to think this fragrance smelt like Rihanna's 'Rebelle', however, as I've worn both more over time, I have begun to see the differences between the two, most notably the heavy pepper note & staleness/bitterness found in 'I Love New York for All', while 'Rebelle' has fruity notes mixed with the coffee, chocolate, and patchouli notes. 'Rebelle' also has no staleness/bitterness to it.

I realize I am stating the obvious here, but 'I Love New York for All' smells much more masculine or unisex than 'Rebelle', as well as more 'odd'. Thus, I have to admit I much prefer 'Rebelle'.

Bassplant
Bassplant

I have tried several Bond No. 9's and I'm usually a little let-down. They never measure up to the hype. But I do have to say, this is delicious.

Here's what I smell. Chocolate! Delicious chocolate, not overbearing, cloying, intensely burned vanilla-chocolate. But real sugar and chocolate. It's got a serious 'freshly baked sugar cone w/ ice cream' vibe happening here.

It lasts quite a while on my skin. Nice! I would love to see a cheaper alternative on the market that gives the same 'sugar cone w/ chocolate' sensation I get from ILNYFA. Because, let's face it, the price tags are a little ludicrous. But this does smell wonderful.

It's a scent that I wouldn't want to wear everyday, as it has a danger of becoming "too much" if you over-wear it. So used on occasion, it's possibly my favorite gourmand on the market currently. Good stuff!

jonr951

NEED it, NEED it, NEED it, NEED it, NEED it!!! : )

Just when I thought I couldn't handle yet another gourmand on the market, I Love New York For All has come along and managed to weave its way into my heart. It's much better than I expected, and perfectly unisex. All in all, it's a very hard fragrance to fault.

When I say that it's perfect for both men and women, I mean that it has universally likable qualities. There is nothing overly sweet in this composition, which I am very grateful for. The coffee and chocolate accords, in other words, are quite tame although dominant throughout the composition.

I get quite a creamy vibe from I Love New York For All. If I were to sit down in an exquisite cafe, decorated with all works of art, and order a slice of rich chocolate cake and a latte with one sugar, that would pretty much sum up this fragrance and how I believe it is portrayed. I find it strangely addictive and very alluring on the skin.

If my boyfriend and I were living together, I would most likely talk him into investing in a bottle of I Love New York For All with me. We would share it of course, but I know I would use most of it up myself. I'm a sucker for all things chocolatey and vanillary. Essentially, this fragrance is a gourmand for grown-ups.

The drydown introduces a slightly darker approach with thick, heady patchouli, syrupy rum and shiny leather. All three stages of this fragrance's development are seamlessly linked, creating a smooth, beautiful yet complex blend.

The longevity could have been a little better, but for what it's worth, it lasted a good five hours at least. The sillage can be pretty strong at first, but you'll notice that once it's settled, the projection seems to be a lot quieter. My only gripe with I Love New York For All is that it is a flanker. I think this one deserves a better name and its own spotlight.

rdickey
rdickey

I get lots of cardamom in this, which is my favorite spice. I LOVE it!!!

bcoops

I'm not gonna try to dissect this, I cant anyway....its flat out deep rich n sexy

aelias
aelias

On me, the scent is a slightly spicy sandlewood, coffee and caramel mix. But just as other members noted, this fragrance does not smell like food. I would not call this a male scent, but the right man could definitely pull it off. The price was a bit of a deterrent, but I ended up buying a bottle (and I am so happy I did). I think this is one of the warmest scents I have ever tried...

DocTales
DocTales

Smells like warm milk and honey, sooooo delicious!!!
I have to have it. This will be so comforting to have around, especially in a colder climate.
This is a classic, round, wonderful gourmand scent, a total winner imo.

It smells great. Who doesn't like the smell of coffee, waffle cones, and buttered popcorn? The issue is that I'd rather eat those things than wear them. I knew there was pepper in this without looking at the notes because the drydown was so peppery that I could no longer tolerate it. This is great for people who love gourmands that smell exactly like real food, but it's not for me.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Out of all three I Love NY fragrances, this is the winner for me. It's a delicious coffee-caramel scent, but it doesn't smell entirely "edible", which is a plus, recommended for gourmand lovers.

Roseline
Roseline

Deliciously warm and inviting fragrance that's perfect for women who know who they are and who enjoy sensuous pleasures. The rich vanilla, cocoa, coffee, leatherwood and sandalwood combination is an experience in comfort and femininity, with the scent lingering on your skin for hours on end. Absolutely unique - captures the essence of an enlightened, grounded and complete woman without falling prey to conventional floral, fruity, green, oriental, chypre, gourmand or other interpretations. Very welcoming, honest, sexy and pleasurable, drawing many, many, compliments.

rakastan
rakastan

This is not one of my favorites. But it is one of the most impressive scents I've tried. I am not an expert on notes, but the layers of this evoke memories of walking home from work on hot summer days in NYC. If I close my eyes, I can picture the street vendors selling coffee, pretzels, nuts and pastries, and there is the ever-present hint of something dirty that grows stronger during the drydown. I enjoy this for the blast of nostalgia, despite not adoring the scent. No perfume, for me, has ever told quite a story.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

On me, this was an intense vanilla fragrance, with a very sweet, slightly woody base. Although I could detect the coffee and cacao, I felt the vanilla overpowered them. It was nearly a gourmand fragrance, which I thought would be great, but it was almost "sticky" and lacked an earthiness that I feel could have anchored the scent on my skin. I also didn't detect any bergamot or lily of the valley in the top notes. Perfect for lovers of intense vanilla fragrances!

Robynlovesperfume

I really enjoyed the coffee note in this fragrance, the whole composition was very pleasing to my nose. Unfortunately, this was also the case for a friend of mine, so I just gave it to her. But I will buy another bottle for myself soon. Only this time, I'll be sure to hide it;)

duskangel101
duskangel101

I'm not sold on this collection, with it's cliched designs- blue for boys, pink for girls, black for both. And like the designs imply, the blue is a typical sweet cologne, and the pink an average fruity floral. The fragrance in the black flacon was better, thankfully. The cafe ingrediants were quite pleasant, and somewhat more unique than what was in the other two fragrances. I like the dryness of the coffee-chocolate combo. But I wish the opening was less bitter and sillage a little better.

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

At first sniff i was pleased. An hour or two later omg it was so cloying and offensive. It was only one spray to the hand. It is reminiscent to a vanilla, chocolate suntan lotion. Not for me. This is excessively sweet.

evilspin

Love this fragrance. I like smelling different and complex scents then everyone else. At first Bond no 9 never caught my eye cause i find their packaging a bit whimsy and tacky. until i saw so many of them in a luxury store i shop at. So i considered bond to be possibly prestige and or select. So i gave them a shot and smelled them. I liked alot of them, i couldnt choose which one i liked. The other day i went to Nordstrom and saw the 3 I love NY Bond collection. I smelled them all. The blue was nice but too sweet like a V by Valentino or Lacoste white pure. The pink is for woman. But the black was very weird and different and would maybe get a typical gross reaction by the average person at first sniff due to its over bearing unrecalling gourmand scent, but im more open minded then that. So i didnt knock it down yet, it was strangely unique. I kept whiffing and asked for a sample. i wore it out and couldnt stop smelling myself. Its a pleasing soft gourmand but complex. Which is what i like. I dont want to smell like a typical type of dessert or a bakery. I dont go for gourmand but i do enjoy Hermes Elixer, Thiery Mugler a taste of fragrance and now this one. all 3 of those are types of gourmand that are not gross or nauseating but are the kind that are a bit unisex and at first smell like people wouldnt wear it because its too different from what we grow accustomed to but on skin and given a chance, is amazing! Just like how people love Angel from Thierry Mugler so much (I cant stand that fragrance) I love NY for all (Black bottle)is just like that Angel without the notes that make it overwhelming, gross and recognizable. I love NY for all is a sexier and the new gourmand love for...well for all!

According to my manufacturer's card, this composition contains geranium, and I do believe that such a note would account for the dominant geranium-like scent. Married with coffee and patchouli, in addition to cocoa and vanilla, this smells quite nice. I would love to have a bottle, to my great surprise.

I may be one of the only people to purchase I LOVE NEW YORK FOR ALL not because of but in spite of the bottle. I do *not* love New York, and I might even hate New York, but it's probably not safe to say such a thing these days. It sounds so unpatriotic that I might be branded a terrorist suspect. And as we all know this government equates suspects and terrorists, so I could quite easily end up on the Predator drone "capture or kill and preferably the latter" list... So let's just leave it at: I do *not* love New York. Maybe I'll use a black Sharpie marker to put a slash across the heart.

jonr951

I like this one a lot! Definitely on my want list! I think I like the for her a bit more. : )

onlineallday
onlineallday

I don't know what to think of this, but it smells like a bag of popcorn!

flora lee

This is just so yummy and such a flavor experience. At first smell I thought I'd never wear something like this, and I still don't know if I would, but I still WANT I Love NY For All. It is rich, decadent, so far on the other end of the spectrum from my usual florals, but so smooth and cozy even if it does have deep and dark notes. Satisfies your cravings for cocoa and coffee, while presenting something new (and so perfect for sweater weather) with the chestnut, that makes you imagine fine holidays of yesteryear, with chestnuts roasting on an open fire. The comparison to hazelnut coffee (below) conveys how delicious this scent is.

disbecharlied
disbecharlied

Absolutely delicious!! I'd been anxiously waiting for this specific one of the ILNY fragrances, particularly because I'm a die-hard lover of all things gourmand. I admit that I was a bit put off by some of the VERY few reviews that I'd read and watched, but after ordering a sample and trying it for myself...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!

My particular skin chemistry is VERY sweet - just about anything I wear quickly turns into Mrs. Butterworth's on my skin. No kidding. So, this was right up my alley. The opening is a delightful burst of rich, bold Starbucks Hazelnut coffee. Creamy. Nutty. Full bodied. Sprinkled with a few dashes of nutmeg, cinnamon and powdered sugar. The middle layer sets in about 30 minutes later, which - on my skin - smelled of sweet cinnamon french toast, drizzled with warm maple syrup. The base gets back to coffee and it sits very nicely on my skin. Reminds me greatly of New Haarlem, but with bolder emphasis on the coffee/cocoa/hazelnut factor. Where New Haarlem gives you a lighter, more fun and "sociable" type of smell, ILNY For All is a deeper, darker, richer and more intimate experience. For contrast - NH is a delicious morning breakfast at IHOP and ILNY For All is an evening cup of gourmet coffee at the Jazz Cafe downtown.

After 3 hours, and a bit of sweat from today's heat, longevity is impressive. Even as I sniff now, I'm amazed at how well they captured such a "buttery nuttiness" in this fragrance. Very well-rounded and well-executed gourmand. It's rich caramel cream, soft cocoa powder and steamy liquid coffee all at once. And again, this is my personal experience and my skin does take a specific liking to sweet gourmand fragrances. So, if you're taste is anything like mine, then you won't be disappointed!!

It's been about 30 minutes now, and it still hasn't turned out the way I want it to be. Cocao, coffee, patchouli, vanilla, and sandalwood are all there, but I also get this weird bittersweetness like a coating on a vitamin capsule on top of all these. Because of that, I don't get anything like cookie, chocolate, or a cup of Joe. I get nothing from the top notes either like the bergamot was't even existed!

So far, it's warm and cozy with a uniqueness that I don't mind but I wouldn't want to smell from a fragrance at this price. Anyway, I am sorry that I can not yet give this fragrance a positive comment, but I hope that when I wear it more, it will grow on me or at least it smells different on a different day and temperature.

Remark: my friend told me I smelled like Bandage and Chocolate!

Remark: it's been about 4 hours now. Either I've gotten used to it or the weird smell I mentioned earlier has gone away. I can see myself liking this, but I just need more time with it.

Francop
Francop

New and contemporary from the house of bond no 9 in NYC...

I have just received the sample from Harrods London and have worn it all day long...

Gorgeous and unique juice based around strong coffee, cocoa, leather, pepper, patchouli and vanilla notes...I can detect a very sensual gasolin/petrol note which is certainly very much of an 80`s accord...think garage/motorbikes/hot steamy attraction...I truly love this in a modern scent...there is a masculine/androgynous/vampish flair in this Bond...is this why the scent is in a Black bottle?...I wonder...

Excellent longevity and sillage...

Big thumbs up...!!!

mizzjnice
mizzjnice

To me, this fragrance can be summed up in two words: "earthy chocolate". You can smell the chocolate from beginning but the addition of lily makes for a weird mix- it's like eating chocolate that fell in the grass. Obviously, I don't like that part much. It seemed very masculine to me at that point. When the lily and bergamot die down, the scent gets sweeter and richer as the coffee and cacao come out and it smells sooooo good, straight up gourmand perfection- not cloying but so yummy you want to bite your arm.

Then, the patchouli peeks through and it starts getting "earthy" again. I agree with the reviewer below, it smells like fresh soil and chocolate... I don't smell the woodsy notes at all on me. Right before the complete dry down it's all chocolate, coffee, vanilla, and patchouli. I just wish the chocolate and coffee would hang around longer because they're practically gone in 15 minutes and it's more vanilla than anything else after that.

I like this a lot; it's perfect for winter and definitely unisex (for guys that like vanilla scents). I'm going to ask my boyfriend to try it.

UPDATE: My boyfriend loves it! It smells so good on him! I'm going to get a sample of New Haarlem and see which one he likes better.

Frunkinator
Frunkinator

WARNING THIS IS LONG, AND IT'S ON ALL THREE FIRST RELEASED ILOVENY FRAGRANCES:
The new Bond ILOVENY line is actually in collaboration with the state of NY...not the city. They sealed this business deal together allowing Bond to use the iheartny logo. With this new deal, came new prices. The 100ml went from $220 to $175 and the 50ml is only $105. How did they lower their prices you ask...they used cheaper packaging and design for the line, but ensured the employees the level of Parfum is the exact same. My rep told me they did not lessen the quality or level of essential oils in any of the new fragrances. New York State wanted to create an overall pleasing series of fragrances that individually will represent the entire state. With that said, and after smelling all of them i can say they are all safe scents, and come off a bit synthetic and generic to a crazy frag head as myself. But thats ok because overall they are all very nice and quite alluring to the average nose plus they are still done with typical Bond quality and eye candy design. The plan is to launch 15 fragrances in total by the time there all done. Currently, there is three newly launched bottles and fragrances to start off the new line which is simply called ILOVENY (for him, for her and for all). The blue bottle which is mens has notes of ginger, juniper berry, grapefruit zest, lavender, geranium, patchouli, leather, sandalwood, labdanum, musk and amber. The blue one is nice, it's bright citrus fruity and green on top with a bitter sweet drydown. Reminds me of a mix of their Harrods for him and Montauk. The pink one is the women's frag. It too is nice and I personally like it better then the blue. It has notes of mandarin zest, spicy nutmeg, blueberry accord, roses, pink peonies, patchouli, musk, vanilla, sandalwood and leather accord. It's got a fantastic bright orange zest on top but drys down to a warmer fruity vanilla frag. It's not listed but it smells a lot like strawberry frosting from a cupcake with an orange slice sitting on top. Again, not a jaw dropper but unique and generic at the same time. Has a similiar vibe to Madison Sq park with strawberry and vanilla. And last but not least...the black one called ILOVENY for All. This is my fantastic, and I couldn't help sniffing it from the moment I sprayed it. It's a sensual, sexy, coco powder gourmand fragrance. It has notes of bergamot, muguet, pepper, cocoa lmr, coffee beans, creamy chestnut, patchouli, vanilla, leatherwood and sandalwood. I get a very intimate coffee bean and chestnut smell at first as it blends into a creamy close to the skin vanilla patchouli fragrance. I find the fragrance intoxicatingly delicious. My only fear from spraying this on today is it's projection and longevity. I put it on my arm (not a pulse point and the worst place to test PH changes with any frag), but regardless it seemed to sit kinda close. But because of the rich coffee and coco feel, this may just be better suited the way it was intended. I just hope longevity stays true to some of the other deep Bond frag's like Nuit de Noho and New Haarlem. Regardless at the new price point I plan on buying the black bottle within the next week. Perfect for fall season, light enough for office wear, and sexy enough for any gourmand lover of the opposite sex to make me a tasty desert. Still not sure about the one I just dubbed my fall signature scent...well do you like the coco found in DIor Homme Intense but don't like the makeup vibe... Do you like the patchouli base in Angel Men but don't like the tar note...Do you like the creamy base of New Haarlem but don't like the maple syrup pure sugar vibe. Then I suggest you create a light, designer version of all those powerhouse fragrances in your head amd smell I Love New York For All, because that is exactly what they have created. Hope you enjoyed my take. I plan on doing this all in a video early in the week on YouTube :-)

I Love New York for All by Bond No 9 3.91 out of 5 based on 306 ratings and 87 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 I Love New York for All fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 I Love New York for All, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify I Love New York for All by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of I Love New York for All by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.