Designers » B » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

I Love New York for Her Bond No 9 for women

I Love New York for Her Bond No 9 for women
dislike

New York niche perfumery house Bond No. 9’s latest line of fragrance is dedicated to the city itself, inspired by its energy, pace, freedom and eternal vivacity. I Love New York is a collection of 15 fragrances that are created by IFF. The first three editions, I Love New York for Her, I Love New York for Him and I Love New York for All, come out on the market in September 2011, marking ten years since New York's September 11 tragedy.

"I LOVE NEW YORK for Her, in a pink bottle, is surely the most scrumptious Bond No. 9 eau de parfum yet—a pastry gourmand so delectable, you can practically taste the vanilla frosting. Yet this scent has a worldly balance, as well, making it as perfect for late-night clubbing in a fluttering, glam top and satin peg-leg jeans as it is for bike-riding through the parks in a camisole and shorts. The opening notes—mandarin zest, spicy nutmeg, and a blueberry muffin accord (SO New York)—are instant attention-getters which soon segue into a bouquet of roses and pink peonies, laced with sultry patchouli. But then the tone deepens, with a drydown of sexy musk, vanilla bourbon frosting, sandalwood, and a soft leather accord, adding elegance to the earlier notes."

All three fragrances are adorned with the legendary I

Nutmeg Mandarin Orange Blueberry Sweet Notes

Patchouli Rose Peony

Musk Sandalwood Vanille Leather

Dark Kiss Eau de Parfum

I Love New York for Her Fragrance Reviews

Dara813
Dara813

I was expecting this to smell like Angel (which smells terrible on me.) I received a sample from a perfume boutique by my job and at first whiff, I thought it was kind of like every other sweet gourmand scent out there. About 5 minutes in, it hit me - I started to smell the beautiful, rich aroma of the middle notes. I was even happier with the dry down; it isn't powdery and musky like so many other gourmands out there. I really smelled the vanilla and leather and it was just stunning.
As others stated, try this before you buy it. It is definitely not for everyone. I am a lover of sweet scents but not necessarily gourmands, and namely vanillas but I don't think this is a typical vanilla fragrance so I would suggest trying a sample, being that it is rather pricey.

Yudum
Yudum

Im glad I tried thisbefore buying it because cannot get any vanilla, muffin cake smell. It smells like sweets and sugar not worth the price, the hype is too much. I would advise testing before buying pricy perfumes, because after you buy it you end up "having to like it" because your wallet is half empty:)

Tovah
Tovah

This is stunning and gorgeous. It's a lot of patchouli and musk (which I adore) and a sweetness that reminds me of raspberry with a hint of rose.

I received this as a Mother's Day gift from my kids who know New York via whirlwind family vacations. They understand how much of my soul remains there. Despite having lived most of my life in Southern CA I was born in New York, and I will always be a New Yorker as far as I'm concerned.

The "I *heart* NY" campaign was an integral part of local advertising when I was growing up, so it makes me feel both nostalgic and inspired.

There's something addictive about this juice and it's making me ignore all my other beautiful perfumes. I want to wear I Love New York For Her all the time.

I think this fragrance is unique, sexy, fun, attractive, and I love it. And I LOVE NY!

perfumeprincess 91
perfumeprincess 91

ugh! being my very first bond No 9 perfume I brought I'm not so sure if I'm happy with this bond 9 fragrance I was happy when it came in the mail today cause I couldn't wait too try it I've been wanting too try it ever since I Learned of the bond No 9 perfume line but wasn't so pleased with the smell of it I'm not sure which Note stands out the most but whatever it is I don't like it at first spray it comes off as being strong like an old strong perfume a older women would like I don't like strong perfumes this reminds me of chanel no.5 are coco chanel I just got this and already thinking about putting it up for sale!!asap it's just not for me I'm gonna try one more in that's Chinatown if that stinks then I won't buy anymore I can't try them out cause where I live we don't have any bond No9 stores and I refuse too pay high prices for those little tester bottles can somebody let me know which bond no 9 isn't on the strong side ?? thanks
p.s if anyone is interested in this bond No. 9 perfume in you would like to buy it without the heavy price tag go on Ebay and look for my listing I am currently doing an auction for this perfume my seller profile is pefume princess ebay wouldn't let me change the name

pinkchevalier
pinkchevalier

I agree with the reviewer who said that the leather notes were missing, and it came off as a sweet floral gourmand. At first, I get that fresh blueberry muffin smell which is relatively accurate. I also get a slight sweet-fruitish-floral middle but the blueberry is pleasant enough.

I'm glad I got a sample of this before buying it blind - although it's more complex than La Vie est Belle (which I owned gladly then had to get rid of because I found it too cloying) - it has a similar spirit. The drydown is candied patchouli on me - not something I love or hate.

I didn't find any spice or leather on me, and I like things with more masculine bent but this one is very girly. It's cute I would say, rather than pretty and if you like the berry-gourmand-patchouli chords this one is more sophisticated than LVeB and unique.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

I decided to purchase this after receiving a sample from a beautiful generous member here on Fragrantica. Actually, she introduced me to the Bond No 9 line. I LOVE gourmand fragrances. With the Bond No 9 perfumes, each time you wear them, you smell something different. This one is gorgeous. Am very happy I decided to purchase a full bottle. Yummy blueberry candy. Spectacular. <3

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

I am beyond IN LOVE!!!! My only complaint is that you can definitely tell that the I Love NY line of Bond is their "economy" line. All their other higher end fragrances last 14+ hours on me, but this only last about 5-6 :( BOOOOOO and silage definitely leaves something to be desired! So I just walk around sniffing my hair and wrists because it stays very close to the skin after the first hour :(. I wish they would make a higher quality version of this fragrance that matches the "BOND" quality! I WOULD DEFINITELY buy it regardless the price tag!

It definitely reminds me of walking by a NYC bakers in the spring and summertime. I am not typically a fan of patchouli but this scent has me IN LOVE!

I see NO resemblance between this and Angel other than they both have patchouli in it, but Angel is overwhelming and Bond 9 is light, flirty, and sophisticated! Bond has hit the nail on the head with this gourmand done Right! It opens up with a fruity sweet blueberry burst, and warms with vanilla icing, peonies, musk, and a subtle kiss of patchouli. I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about this beauty!!!!

I literally just bought a bottle of the original Miss Dior Cherie (pre-2011 reformulation), and MDC could be I <3 NY's little sister!!!!!! I notice A LOT of similarities between the 2! Both are sweet and sophisticated patchouli gourmands done absolutely RIGHT!!!!! They definitely favor each other!!!!!!

number9
number9

To me the opening smelled like incense and candy. Then as time wore one it smelled mostly like hard candy. Unfortunately this turned into a skin scent on me. That's ok because I'm not at all crazy about it. I am going to wear it out and see what people think. My husband loved it though.

kubraoren
kubraoren

I knew I have smelled it begore: it's longer lasting version of Bath and Body Dark Kiss!

Besenotee
Besenotee

i saw a girl ordering 6 bottles of this!!! i`m against buys lots of single fragrance at once (especially with this price tag) unless you are rich..because your mood may change after a while

anna.023
anna.023

Ah, shit. Shit, dubble shit. I hate when my stupid curiosity leads me to this cool, hard to get, fantastic perfumes that I under no circumstances can afford!!

I really need this lovely sweet original perfume on my shelf. At first I thought it smelled exacly like one of the swedish classic ice creams for kids (a frozen ice popsicle with pear flavour) so my first impression was that New york for her was kind of childish and overly sweet (like a candy bag stufft with sour candy) so I spended my budget on a bottle of New york for all instead, thinking that that one was "so much more wearable", come again? well, yes, that was my thinking. Probably cause it was close to X-mas at the time.

But ever since that I cant get New york for her out of my head! I don't remember the super sweet, strong opening anymore. I now recall this beautiful, sweet and slightly sour (?) extreamy creamy dry down that was a true delight to wear. Not very childish at all. A really unik gourmand perfume that's actually quite wearable after all ;)

Recived a lot of compliments when I was wearing it at work, NO one refered to it as overly sweet or candyish. Like many Bonds the perfume has it's own life. It's one type of person in the morning (kind of aggressiv) and a compleatly different one in the evening!

silviaci

I <3 NY ranks #1 in my personal crazy rotation of about 20 fragrances, which says a lot!
I LOVE NEW YORK is a series of 7 Bonds wearing the uber famous logo on their bottles and being addressed to a bigger crowd, as their price tag is slightly lower than traditional Bonds. For Her, in a bright pink bottle, is quintessentially what people typically call "a pastry gourmand", which is predictable from the notes list of vanilla, blueberry, caramel and nutmeg. And blueberry muffin with a delicious vanilla frosting is what you get at first sniff. It makes me think of a busy spring New York morning with opening cafés and street vendors. The opening notes of mandarin zest, spicy nutmeg, and the special blueberry muffin accord are followed by a bouquet of roses and pink peonies, while the drydown is led by patchouli, musk, sugary vanilla bourbon, sandalwood, and a soft leather accord. All these notes seem crazy on the menu, but the final recipe smells incredible and equally versatile for day and night.
Some say it smells of Angel... it does, but only in the opening notes. Then it starts to follow a route all of its own and turn out comforting, sweet, complex and uniquely charming!

prettyswag

I honestly love this fragrance...and it does not remind me of Angel at all...I truly think its a hint of BOTTEGA VENETA on the drydown because of the leather and touch of spice. I think the sweetness comes at the beginning and then smooths out in the end...I also see no closeness to Flowerbomb...this scent is in its own lovely spot...yummy, leathery,blueberry touches with smooth candy and spice...its so nice on my skin:)

margaret.tolliver
margaret.tolliver

I had little interest in this perfume unitl I recently began getting so many compliments on it. Unfortunately, all of the frags I love are high end--at least price wise. I find it amusing that out of growing collection of perfumes, no matter what my personal favorite is; a compliment, or two (in this case three or four people) have made me fall in love with my Bonds all over again. I want sillage in all my scents especially when they cost over $100. I was interested in treating myself to one of the Kilan's new Asian inspired lines, i.e. Forbidden Games, Good Girl Gone Bad, etc., but I have read that the sillage is horrible...no thank you. I think I am going to be a Bond girl from now one, with the exception of a new offering with a price point about $60 to $75, and then I would still like to smell it, and yes as gaudy as it may sound I would like others to get a nice whiff...and maybe on the days when I just want be over the top, break the rules; I want the perfume to announce that I am here! Yes, I said it LOL I am going to study the notes and try to find out what is drawing everyone to it, and buy something similiar without buying the same scent.

nora elia
nora elia

I tried it yesterday and wow it is a powefull sugar bomb. Long lasting and great sillage, but the price! My God! It is more expensive than Hermes fragances. I dont know if it is coz taxes in my country or what? But i prefer an Hermes perfume to invest that amount of money

PerfumeWhore
PerfumeWhore

This is Angel and Fantasy's babygirl.

Susan_b
Susan_b

I was reluctant to purchase the perfume based on the sugar reference but boy was I pleasantly surprised. I smell sugar, blueberry, lavender and something musky. It was on final clearance at Marshall's but I would have paid full price. Love it.!!!'

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

OMG!! I JUST GOT MY BOTTLE OF I LOVE NEW YORK FOR HER BOND NO.9 TODAY & I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO WAKE UP TOMOROW MORNING & SPRAY THIS ***DESIRE JUICE** ALL OVER MY BODY !! mmmmmm.... I'm a SUGAR BABY 4 EVER ;D

Well I get a big blast of blueberries in the top notes, and I am not fond of them, so it gives the scent a foody departure, followed by a dusty undertone, is this supposed to make me think of New York? Foody in a dusty Asian way!? I find this scent overrated, it smells nice and sweet enough in the drydown, but I wouldnt purchase a big bottle , there are out there sweet gourmand scents way better and more affordable.
It does have an oldish edge also, a bit vintage, it might smell great on some, but not for me.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

After reading many reviews, I ended being completely confused and intrigued at the same time. I got this perfume in an exchange at the store and had no idea what to expect except that I remembered reading about blueberries and candy.

Well, I do get the Angel reference. There is a patchouli/fruity/sweet note in the FIRST minutes that does indeed remind me of Angel. I would not say that this perfume smells the same though. It is just what fruit+patchouli smells like.

It is very sweet at first and I can smell that the vanilla is similar to the one in my West Side, and so is the peony note, very typical of Bond, but it stops there. I feel as if I was covered in a mountain of flowers and candy. Usually I would probably scream with agony in such situation, but here, there is a little something that keeps me from being utterly disturbed... and the only thing I can think of is THE QUALITY (and I'm craving dessert right now, that helps). I do not get the nose frying alcohol blast nor the cheap powdered sugar. I get more of a candy shop smell, complete with the warmth of the melted sugar and flavoring flower extract, if you've ever been in a store that makes their own confections in the back. Dry down brings forth a huge bouquet of fun flowers, with a strong vanilla base. It is getting better (for me). I get WAY more peony/rose than patchouli/nutmeg. I wish it was the opposite!!

You might have noticed that I did not mention any blueberry. This is probably because as my family come from blueberry country (in Northern Quebec) I am more than familiar with the smell of blueberries and this is not it at all. It's highly synthetic here (more like blueberry jam maybe), but that's ok if you enjoy it. Synthetic is not necessarily bad in a candy fume. Candies are not very natural food items anyway.

Yes, it is an oriental vanilla (candy, fruity, gourmand) and a real girly-girl fume, and no it is not a typical Bond no9. I am not enough of a connaisseure of this genre to say if it is worth the price tag or if you could easily get similar (better?) for a much cheaper price.

I think this would appeal to people who love Pink Sugar or La vie est Belle by Lancome. It feels quite comforting to me because it is sweet and also strangely reminds me of being a teenager. Once the candy Fest is over, I'm quite pleased with the remaining heart and base notes. The fake blueberry keeps on peaking through. Fun.

I've sniffed Britney Spears and this is much better quality, I don't think they could be compared. In style, yes, in fabrication, no way.

Germany
Germany

Quite like this one. It's a sweet vanilla patchouli scent,,,blueberries rose vanilla is what I smell most. Quite sweet and yummy. Pleasant for sure. It's an everyday scent and good for work, play and even night. I do not find it stayes all that long on me. Not as long lasting as some other Bonds , still longer than the average perfume though.
Its a sweet fruity floral with a touch of gourmand to it. It's easy to wear !
There is NO chocolate listed and it does NOT smell of chocolate at all. Candy yes, not chocolate.

tzeal
tzeal

omg! it smells like sweet candy love. i have never been to new york i want to go so bad it is unique. no scent from a canadian city can ever smell like this... after applying i wanna lick my arm(not in a creepy way) totally a pretty scent. (if i were to run out of this when i needed a sugar fix i would go to my princess night) totally irreplacable in my collection.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

This smells yummy but to sum it all up it smells like blueberries and Angel....strong blueberry and chocolate notes..you will have predominantly blueberries in the beginning but then the blueberries remain there but in the background and the chocolate takes places with the blueberry and you have the chocolate from Thierry Mugler's Angel...if you love Angel you will love this because it smells almost identical with blueberries..If this were just more blueberries this would be my signature but i actually love the spiciness of New Haarlem more cause when i smell that it stirs me up and that is what makes a scent special..I am already use to Angel but the blueberries keeps it interesting so i love it.if Bond ever makes just a true blueberry scent then its over that would be my top fragrance because blueberry just does something for me...anyone know of a perfume that has a true blueberry scent besides midnight fantasy that lasts a long time?

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

For me I ♥ NY for her is the perfect balance of sweet gourmand but light enough for everyday wear. I don't get the blueberry muffin scent that other reviewers get although when a friend of mine tried this I smelled it so it just must be my skin. I do get vanilla fruitchouli that is unique and lasts all day. I've gotten so many compliments on this and it's nice that not a lot of people wear it. The initial blast to me smells similar to the wonderful dry-down of Angel but it soon morphs into it's own unique musky-vanilla-candy scent. My only gripe about this is the price, I think it's worth every penny they charge but the price keeps me from spraying too liberally. Like all Bonds the quality is excellent, longevity is excellent 8+ hours and sillage is perfect (not in your face but wafts of scent throughout the day). I would definitely recommend giving this one a try.

prettyswag

yum! smells like creamy candy..fresh fruits..and whiffs of sweet morning summers eating a blueberry cream cake....love!!

I get mostly blueberry muffin--and on me, yes, it's defintely gourmand for that--and grapefruit. It smells like breakfast in an outdoor cafe. It's evocative, but I'm not sure it's evocativve of New York. Still, interesting and worth a spin if you like fragrance-paintings. This is a picture in itself

pbluberry
pbluberry

Not as gourmand as I would like it to be. It's strong but fade away too fast on my skin. My skin just drinks it up. I just tested it out today for work and It's been 5 hours and I don't even smell it anymore. This does reminds me of Flowerbomb like my2spritz said on his/her review. It's a strong sweet floral.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Fruity with a touch of vanilla is my impression. Not extremely sweet but too fruity for my liking. Lasts all day, no touch up needed. As a patchouli lover, I should be able to wear this but my nose cannot tolerate the fruitiness. Maybe there is a citrus buried in the notes that my nose refuses to accept.

This would be a nice fragrance for someone who wants something mildly sweet and lasts all day. Smells pretty nice but I have no desire to own a full bottle. I'm not sure this is a niche quality fragrance. I think Coach Poppy would be a good choice for a substitute.

paulab
paulab

Sweet? Yes. Gourmand? Not so much. This is nicely sweet with a lasting dry-down, on clothing it truly lasts for days. Pretty, kind of yummy, fun and the sweet floral patchouli dry down is addictive. I am NOT an Angel fan, so that being said, don't let comparisons put you off. I layer this one with Astor Place......an expensive habit but I'm hooked!

s_raquidan

And I also wanted to add the longevity... Being cheaper than the other perfumes in their line up I questioned the longevity of the I love new York series. to my surprise bond did not skip on the quality at all. I sprayed it at 7 am before I went to work and got home at 630 pm and the delicious base notes can still be smelled on my arm...... Making this the longest lasting bond in my collection (I own 8 perfumes from bond).

s_raquidan

a gourmand masterpiece. ferocious sillage and longevity...as with most Bonds you cant scrub it off cuz the scent still lingers on your skin. You will smell like fresh baked blueberry muffins all day....eat your heart out New Haarlem cuz this one is much more fun to wear.

Dittnergirl
Dittnergirl

After reading all the rave reviews and seeing fellow gourmand-lovers repeatedly mention this in the forums, I had to try it. I truly love sweet or spicey gourmand scents. This is not one! Is this is a sweet fruity floral? Absolutely. They went light on the potentially cloying jasmine and rose and the blueberry/mandaring/vanilla give it a certain sweetness. This is fresh and light, but I felt the need to chime in that, depending on your chemistry, this may turn out less gourmand than you wish.

metje
metje

This was a blind buy for me, and i absolutely love it!
I don't really get the blueberry muffin, but more of a chocolate vibe.
To me it's 2 parts Bryant Park (the rose/patchouli), 1 part Viva la Juicy (the warm/vanilla), and a drop of Angel (the chocolate).
And it lasts a long time!

holychristy
holychristy

Definitely a winter scent for me. I imagine wearing this for a night out on the town or a holiday party. It's obviously sweet, but also spicy. One spray should be all you need. I will catch a whiff of this perfume on me all day long, more so than any of the other perfumes I own. Sorda reminiscent of TM Alien, in that it's a weird gourmand scent. Like a mix between cotton candy and cologne haha. I think it's weird though that they describe it as easily wearable because I don't think it is.

witch_mum
witch_mum

Too sugary-sweet for my taste. I was hoping for a balanced pachouli scent - I got overpriced Pink Sugar instead (its only a sample, luckily). No leather, no nutmeg, no santal.
I have the feeling that Bond also goes into the direction quantity instead of quality.

HANDAN86
HANDAN86

SMELLED THIS AT SAKS!!! I'LL OWN A BOTTLE OF BOND NO. 9 ONE DAY - JUST VERY EXPENSIVE FOR MY BUDGET! THIS SMELLS EXACTLY LIKE A BAG OF ORIGINAL SKITTLES TO ME!!! VERY YUMMY!!

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

Way too sweet for me. It smells almost like candy. Glad it is just a sample.

merlinarbor
merlinarbor

No, it doesn't smell *like* Angel, but someone who wears Angel well may find this to be their new favorite.

I made a special trip downtown to test. It was worth the trip to save myself from a $105 + tax mistake.

This perfume does not smell "bad" or anything. It's just that on my skin, it smells like something by Britney Spears. I was seduced by its promise of icing, blueberries, and leather. It had so much potential to be a masterpiece!

I sprayed it all over myself. It started out with much too much synthetic amber. Although the blueberry smelled synthetic too, I was willing to let it go because I love blueberry THAT much. However, I can't let go of the fact that the "blueberry" soon turned into a nondescript "berry" scent--just some kind of tangy berry. No leather ever came. After 10 minutes, I could no longer smell it on myself unless I put my nose directly to my skin. Terrible projection and average longevity.

I envy the ladies who can bring out the notes on their skin that I wanted so badly.

fubar1963
fubar1963

Love this fragrance! On the fence first time I tried it, since I didn't think it was very special or unique. I was sampling, and very enamoured with, New York For All at the time, so I didn't give it a true chance.
Once I tried it again I fell in love! The blue berry muffin aroma stays throughout the whole day with a bit of the flowers joining the soiree.
When the dry down is in full bloom, the musky and patchoulli notes mingle, but never dominate the flavorful blueberry muffin fragrance. I already have in hand a full bottle! LOVE IT!!

Hayven
Hayven

I smell the blueberry and frosting with an undertone of patchouli. Although I do not like patchouli, it smells very nice here and blends well with the rest of the notes. This is reminiscent of LaVanila Grapefruit but the citrus is not as sharp. I won't be able to afford the whole bottle; but for now I will enjoy the vial that I have.

Thank you jillhare for the sample!

nush imogen
nush imogen

I am not into the spicy / sweet combination, this reminds me of cinnamon with sugar, maybe for Christmas i would consider it .. rest of the year it's a no no for me.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I really expected blueberry muffin scent when I went out to test this one, but it turned out to be not exactly what I hoped for. It is a sweet girly fragrance, but it smells artificial, indistinct, candy-like and somewhat annoying. If this was released by Britney Spears, I'd say OK, fine... but for Bond No9 fragrance - so not worth it.

dannysmom
dannysmom

I am enjoying my sample of this. If you like sweet scents, give it a shot.

At first spritz, you get a very strong blueberry muffin note, which is a little plasticky. Don't get wrong, I do like it. It's unique; but there is also something artificial about it, which is why I haven't bought the full bottle yet. After a little while, it turns into the most delicious, cakey, vanilla, gourmand scent. That's my favorite part. It's slightly similar to flowerbomb, but still unique. You can also smell it all day, especially if it gets on clothing. As a whole, I really enjoy this scent and I plan on purchasing a bottle at some point.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

Just putting my 2 cents in letting those that hate Angel that this is nothing like Angel. I got a few samples. To me Angel has this swetty smell that is so dominant. It slaps you in the face. This is a nice sweet hit. I happened to put it on tonight. And seeing all the "Angel comparisons" had to say NO! It is nothing like Angel! Give it a try for free at Nordys.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

This is amazing! I can smell the citrus, blueberry and nutmeg, and the patchouli is not as overwhelming as in something like Angel. I am now obsessed and I REALLY want a bottle. Luckily, this one is more affordable than any other Bond No. 9 Perfume!
--------
Edit: This smells NOTHING like Angel. I just wanted to make this comparison because the last reviewer said it had a blast of patchouli like Angel, and I just wanted to say that I do not agree.
-----
Edit: One more time... Ok I wore this aaalll day and it smells divine, like warm blueberry muffins. Don't hate me for saying this but this reminds me of a more expensive and well-balanced (and patchouli-based) version of Midnight Fantasy. I love it!!!!

silviaci

This fragrance open with a blast of Angel that could send you feet in the air, but if you're patient enough and if you have faith in Bond, you know it's certainly going to morph into something special, and here you are: a lovely drydown of a sweet candied muffin. I do get blueberries, and I do get caramel. But it's more than this. it's the Bond signature blend of spices that manages to make every Bond that special. Here, it is nutmeg.
I love this in the winter morning. It smells so yummy and fun.
More than Angel (which, in any case, it smells like only in the opening notes) I can detect a similarity with Cartier Delices, but sweeter and warmer (and definitely not synthetic).

my2spritz
my2spritz

This reminds me of Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb, they are similar IMO. Powdery flowers with some vanillanin hanging out.

What is not comparable between the two is their staying power. Bond's I <3 NY waaay out lasts Flowerbomb.

Well, it's pretty clear that this I LOVE NY series of Bond no 9 launches is geared toward the tourist customer and will be found at the same kiosks purveying miniature renditions of the Statue of Liberty, etc. So I do believe that this is one of the more diaphanous gimmicks on the part of this house to remain solvent during these very difficult economic times, when a lot of people are out of work and obviously not buying luxury items such as niche perfume. Although some may be put off by the gimmickry of this house, I have to confess that I find it rather endearing. They are really trying to survive, and I admire that.

Given the context of this launch (for which Bond no 9 has even lowered the prices!), I had very low expectations for I LOVE NY for her, and I am happy to report that they have been vastly exceeded. This composition is, as advertised, a pastry gourmand with a hefty dose of patchouli and a few flowers thrown in as a garnish. I have to say that the "blueberry muffin" note sounded vaguely repulsive to me, but this perfume does not at all, although, to my great surprise, it does indeed smell very much like a blueberry muffin during the opening minutes! I LOVE NY FOR HER fits right in with the rampant sweet patchouli fad, but this particular version dries down to a nice, lightly spicy pie-crust-like layer with serious wrist-sniffing potential.

flora lee
flora lee

Pretty surprised how well this one is working out for me, as most of the other Bonds have not agreed with my chemistry. I enjoy the blueberry for the first half hour and then soft peonies and roses bloom in the air, and from then on a fluffy cloud of vanilla, not sweet, not bourbon, just so pretty, stays for hours and hours. That vanilla must be grounded by the other basenotes, but what I sense for the most part is a classy confection like a white wedding cake decorated with flowers, not yet cut, it’s just the vanilla fondant and floral aroma that is so enticing.

mizzjnice
mizzjnice

To me, this is a very interesting, beautiful fragrance and unlike any other I've experienced. In New York, there's so much going on that, if you blink, you'll miss it. This perfume is the same way. The opening is delicious spiced fruits and candied flower petals. You're transported to a corner store in NYC on a summer morning... the aroma of warm, fresh-baked blueberry muffins and fruity pastries is wafting up from behind the counter but, as you walk outside onto the street, you smell the bouquets of flowers being sold at the store front, their fragrance enhanced by the balmy humidity. The spicy sweetness of blueberry, mandarin, nutmeg, and vanilla merge with the roses and peonies.

Just as the flippant, flirty fruits and florals make you feel so light and airy you think you'll float away, the leather and sandalwood emerge and keep you grounded in the Concrete Jungle. The base notes give this pink perfume a distinctly "urban", badass edge- as unexpected and titillating as a woman whose black leather underwear is peeking out from underneath her cotton-candy pink dress and innocent facade. She catches you staring at her and gives you the finger, displaying a perfectly polished manicure. Finally, you're at the dry down and there's something almost metallic underneath everything going on in this fragrance... and you get a glimpse of the train rumbling under her feet, beneath the city... and then it's gone. The dry down is quiet, pretty, and sweet.

I Love NY for Her is very unique and memorable to me- an interesting blend of all different kinds of notes, which perfectly represents a city where all different types of smells are simultaneously competing for your attention. This fragrance is as busy as the city is, warm one second and cool the next, as if you're walking on the sidewalk, moving between the sunlight and the shadows of the buildings. It's feminine but not demure- it's so powerful and full of life. I don't think this is an everyday fragrance but I like to wear it on special occasions, or when I just miss home, better known as "The Big Apple".

I Love New York for Her by Bond No 9 3.84 out of 5 based on 204 ratings and 51 user reviews

I LOVE NEW YORK by Bond No. 9 I LOVE NEW YORK for Her Body Silk 6.8 oz
I LOVE NEW YORK by Bond No. 9 I LOVE NEW YORK for Her Body Silk 6.8 oz
Bond No. 9 I Love New York For Her Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Bond No. 9 I Love New York For Her Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
I LOVE NEW YORK by Bond No. 9 I LOVE NEW YORK for Her 3.3 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Bond No. 9 I Love New York For Her Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Bond No. 9 I Love New York For Her Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Bond No. 9 I Love New York For Her Eau De Parfum Spray Limited Ediotion with Silver Necklace 100ml 3.4oz
I LOVE NEW YORK by Bond No. 9 I LOVE NEW YORK for Her Body Wash 6.8 oz
I LOVE NEW YORK by Bond No. 9 I LOVE NEW YORK for Her Body Wash 6.8 oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
I LOVE NEW YORK by Bond No. 9 I LOVE NEW YORK For Her with Silver Necklace 3.3 oz Eau de Parfum Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 I Love New York for Her fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 I Love New York for Her, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify I Love New York for Her by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of I Love New York for Her by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.