Designers » B » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

I Love New York for Him Bond No 9 for men

I Love New York for Him Bond No 9 for men
dislike

New York niche perfumery house Bond No. 9’s latest line of fragrance is dedicated to the city itself, inspired by its energy, pace, freedom and eternal vivacity. I Love New York is a collection of 15 fragrances that are created by IFF. The first three editions, I Love New York for Her, I Love New York for Him and I Love New York for All, come out on the market in September 2011, marking ten years since New York's September 11 tragedy.

"I LOVE NEW YORK for Him, in a blue bottle, will appeal to fast-paced men who live a multifaceted city lifestyle as well as enjoy all the outdoor adventures of the great state of New York. The opening notes—grapefruit zest, juniper berry, ginger, and an electric energy accord—are all about get-up-and-go. Then, once your attention has been riveted, the scent (like the man) segues into more thoughtful, sophisticated notes: an exquisite extract of soothing lavender (a longtime staple of male perfumes), full-bodied geranium and patchouli, and an animal leather accord. The base notes that linger—sandalwood, balsam-like labdanum, musk, and, updating it all, a modern amber accord—are frankly smoky and sensual, but still very much in control."

All three fragrances are adorned with the legendary I

Ginger Grapefruit Juniper Berries

Lavender Geranium Patchouli Leather

Musk French labdanum Sandalwood Amber

Echo
Escape

I Love New York for Him Fragrance Reviews

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Somewhat suspicious of this house, I tried this on my wrist before spraying the sample all over myself and having to live with it a for a day. I'm very glad I did! That generic clean fresh note smells just like a dozen other fragrances I have tried. There is nothing interesting or unique in this at all. Boring. I'm giving my sample away.

stephan
stephan

Smells like a cheap imitation of Aventus.

Tremere
Tremere

Straight Norlimbanol™. I am astonished anyone would purchase this at retail.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I came across a ILNY at Tj's on a clearance table from 99usd to 49usd. It was totally blind purchased, my reason for buying it was that it is a lot more then most frag so I was very curious to see how well this frag was.
First off, I agree with many that it is over priced altogether. I can't exactly say which frag its similar to but its not an original frag either !!!
Now about ILNY.....when I first sprayed it on my skin, yes it has a very grapefruit/citrusy aroma with a spicy (peppery) potency to it which I find stay for a long time. After it settles you can certainly smell ginger, lavender and geranium which gives it a summer scent and not a winter or a early spring scent.
As per the base notes I can detect sandalwood and amber which gives it more a manly frag and not a unisex frag. What I can also pick up is some sort of incense or smokey notes which comes off as more a spicier scent when it really settles down.
Overall opinion, I don't wear it too often because it has a very strong aroma and I can still smell it on me the next morning.
Longevity, On my skin I find that it last well past 10 hours.
Sillage, it also has a very strong projections
I do enjoy this frag but its too much if I was to use it twice a week during the summer.
8/10 Not so excellent if your try to wear it in an office environment, but if your out and you want others to know that your wearing a powerful frag this frag is perfect for that..

nqtri
nqtri

I thought Bond No.9 could have done a much better job for the price it asks for. So ordinary and it smells so cheap and normal. Seriously nothing special and this shouldn't be named " I love NY". It does not represent New York at all. So disappointing.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Strong blast of grapefruit and citrus. Its eye opening and fresh.

Dry down: Mellows slightly down to a sweet " Smarties" candy note with mellow ginger, citrus and then a Musk. End of its dry down it transforms to a smooth sandalwood. Stays powerful thru the whole life span.

Projection: High, people have noticed most of my wearing.

Longevity: High 6 to 8 hours and still strong till the end of its life.

Overall: Im mixed with this fragrance, at first I thought it was kinda generic a "sporty" fragrance, but my mind has changed. It does have a sporty opening, but the dry down is such a good sandalwood that it takes from the sporty vibe. My only compliant it that it does remind me of a hairspray for the first few hours.

Purchase: Yes, its a very fresh fragrance that wakes you up in the morning. Has a energetic feel, and you can get a 50ml for less then 70 online.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

This is so pleasant! :) It starts very citrussy, then develops this mellow woodsy background. The "fresh" wood warms up with time...

Chattermonkey
Chattermonkey

It smells great dont get me wrong but it is so generic and nothing special. First thing comes to mind CK. Bond No 9 few hits so many misses.

Francop
Francop

Masculine refreshing long lasting scent.

The start is citrusy, the heart is a classic green and aromatic fougere and the drydown is a safe and boring leathery clone.

You might initially like it but get bored to death after a while...

Medium thumbs up...!!!

jamwires
jamwires

Smells like CK Escape. I wore that when I was 12. Enough said.

Wano
Wano

Nothing special or unique, similar to anything that could have been made by a designer. For me it's just another overpriced fragrance from Bond No.9

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

With Bond's recent (Fall/ 2011) "I Love NY" line (a tribute to the city/ 9/11 anniversary), goodwill abounds!

The bottles are a billboard for the city slogan too (also giving us the most simplistic Bond flacons).

Well, let's start with ILNY for Him. Wearing out two samples gives me a good feel for this scent and I'm not loving it.

First, the citrus opening while nice is fairly pedestrian. Second, all the notes listed never make it out to play. And third, am I the only one that gets that nasty aquatic note (Coney Island)? Never having been a fan of aquatics, so right away it got on my bad side.

For the money, not a good value. So, it's back to the shelf (just not mine! lol).

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

The comparisons of this to many generic designer fragrances is apt. It's a very NICE scent with nothing animalic or offensive in any way. Why spend the big bucks on this, when you can have similar for 1/3 the price. If you have money that you don't know what to do with, and like status symbols, then I suppose you might go for this, but I could give you some ideas of much better things to spend your money on if that's your problem.

$$
$$

FYI! This is a spectacular parfum with its fresh and woody accents which is all good.But! It smells 100x better when you mix this with NY For ALL! Lawd kill these fools.I been wearing it like that for the past 3 years and its shocking nobody caught on to doing that.Do your self a favor and combine the 2.Bond scents are made to mix with for all the novice heads out there.

Bond no 9 I LOVE NEW YORK FOR HIM is a good example of the truism that some fragrances really do smell more appropriate for men than for women. This one is a familiar theme: an aromatic woody cologne with a big dose of cedarishness (iso-E-super?) and the typical complement of notes characteristic of masculine colognes. Nothing about this smells new or interesting to me.

I LOVE NEW YORK FOR HIM is definitely my least favorite of the trio, but it might make a good choice for a guy who just wants a generic cologne in a keepsake bottle.

I really don't wanna get into details with this one, but basically, to me, it is very similar to Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre or even Bleu de Chanel. Its slightly less sweet and more peppery; comparing to the other two. It is still quite nice and seems to last forever too.

keshwean.akhilesh
keshwean.akhilesh

Scentrist
Scentrist

I tried both For All and For Him. I ended up purchasing For All (which I eventually did not like) for one key reason: The grapefruit/ginger opening was far too harsh, and it's the sort of scent you'd swear you've experienced many times before. Too many.

Were it not for the severity of the opening, the remaining notes into heart and base wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so...well, bad. The geranium seemed an odd pairing in the heart of the fragrance, and the dry-down into amber, sandalwood, labdanum and musk would be fine if it weren't already such a staple of men's fragrance. The leather notes were a complete miss as they came across as too subtle to make any difference in the transformation. I would have enjoyed the leather if it were more prominent a fixture in the dry-down, but I was left with sandalwood and musk to take over.

While I don't want to be completely negative, it's difficult to appreciate this as unique when it seems dead common and at much too high a price point for something so ordinary. I was looking forward to the experience. I may love New York, but sadly there's no place in my heart for this scent.

I Love New York for Him by Bond No 9 3.45 out of 5 based on 72 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 I Love New York for Him fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 I Love New York for Him, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify I Love New York for Him by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of I Love New York for Him by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.