Designers » B » Floral « Groups

I Love New York for Mothers Bond No 9 for women

I Love New York for Mothers Bond No 9 for women
dislike

I Love New York for Mothers Bond No 9 for women Pictures I Love New York for Mothers Bond No 9 for women Pictures

Bond No. 9 devotes its I Love New York for Mothers fragrance to this magnificent city and its mothers. The fragrance features notes of tangerine, freesia, lilies, Sambac jasmine, soft amber, musk and sandalwood.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. I Love New York for Mothers was launched in 2012.

Tangerine Freesia

Jasmine Lily

Musk Sandalwood Amber

I Love New York for Mothers Fragrance Reviews

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

this is simply horrible ,nothing interesting but soapy sweet synthetic flowers that give just headache

chuwey
chuwey

crazy prize for all Bond's.. But I really want this one.. :(

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

The dry down reminds me vaguely of J'adore. It's nice.

andabri
andabri

The first initial spray is a fruity floral. I can definitely smell the blood orange.

After that it basically dries down to a very soft skin scent.

These are the components I smell:

-A beautiful, soft white floral. I can't distinguish the type of white flower. But it's soft and pretty with a bit of sweetness.

-There's a little bit of a green scent mixed in. A very small amount, that just gives it a freshness aspect.

-There's some spice, it gives it a good kick, but it doesn't overwhelm the floral scent.

-A little musk, a very clean musk.

Overall, it's a fresh spicy floral on my skin, which is honestly not for me. However, even though I personally dislike it, I can definitely see how a lot of people will find this scent appealing.

stier
stier

At first when you spray "I love New York for mothers" you get very feminine, fresh -but also very strong- notes of tangerine and flowers. I don't think this scent is soft at all. It's very fresh, floral and even a bit sharp, but not in a soft way, in a strong way.

I agree, that this scent is for younger people and it certainly is a very unique and longlasting scent.
On me it lasts for hours.
However when it dries down it developes a very masculine feel to it. To me it smells alsmost like a fresh men's cologne, not feminine at all.
But maybe that's just my skin chemistry..;)

Like, but not Love :)

Timetoski
Timetoski

Really liked. Reminded me of Jimmy Choo eau de TOILETTE,but haven't smelled side by side.

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

@daisydukes, just this does remind me of a laundry detergent a little bit, but can't really tell if that is gain.
This is a really good musky/cedar scent. I love the musk here its like my second skin, usually if I hear musk I run for the hills. I also get some very light citrus and hints of sandalwood. maybe the musk was mixed well with jasmine and jasmine agrees with me way too much, however, I do not pick up a distinct jasmine note on this. Also cedar is not listed as a note but I thought the musk has some cedar qualities in this perfume, really reminds me of eccentric molecules 01 and D&G light blue. For the price tag, just not so sure if its worth it since the scent is not as complex as the other bonds I had sampled. However, this does project well and last long, I only sprayed a tiny amount on me this am, and just had less than 1ml sample and I think there is still some remaining on my vial but I can really get good whiffs of the fragrance.

Caist
Caist

If they'd just rebrand this and redo the packaging the NOT mothers would prolly like this more, if 'Gucci Envy Me can still be in a display case damnit make room for this one. But too late.. Bond has named almost all of their fragrances after every street and sidewalk in NY.. I'm still astonished when people can even remember the names to the color bottle in harmony.

"The slightly less chartreuse, but more highliter yellow bottle.. "

thazinha30
thazinha30

Love love love this fragrance... i smelled some of the I love NY line: the "Earth day" one (green bottle), the "marriage equality" one (white), the "love for all" one (black) and the dark pink one, i believe it's called "For her" and out of all of them, this is the one I fell in love with. It's the kind of perfume i love to smell: fresh, citrus and a bit floral. I got a sample of it at Sephora and want it so bad... I sprayed it on my skin this morning and can still smell it, 6 hours later. I just find it a bit expensive for my budget but i guess such a beautiful, long lasting fragrance is worth the money. This makes me so happy (i love how fragrances have such impact on our mood!) A+ but will get another sample to wear a few more days before i shell out $105 for a small bottle.

@daisydukes- omg, i was trying hard to remember what this perfume smells like, was breaking my head thinking bout it for days until i read your review. That's it: Gain laundry detergent. Lol, same smell!!! I happen to love that smell so i like this fragrance but u got it right!

Update: gave in and bought a small bottle. I never wear the same fragrance every day, i like changing how i smell like depending on how i feel, however, after i tried this beauty, i've been wearing it every single day. Highly addictive!!! Puts me in a good mood.

paulab
paulab

Soft, inoffensive, clean floral. Fleeting.

cinema1974
cinema1974

Im on the fence with this scent, it smells very clean and has soft floral hint...It unique to me it has a very light soft sweet smell with the down dry. It does not last long on me but i feel it would be good for spring or summer, that how light it is. The sales lady said they brought it out for mothers day...It a good scent maybe I will purchase later. Yes it a clean smell like everyone reported.Soap?maybe but more floral on me.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I should really like this one , there isn't one of the notes in it that I dont like. It is just too soapy for me . I guess I finally know what you guy mean when you say soapy.

Francop
Francop

Very Beautiful and on the feminine side...

Lovely sweet notes of tangerine, freesia, lilies and jasmine sambac take centre stage in this long lasting scent.

The drydown is very similar to I love NY for Fathers with lots of amber and musky woody notes.

Best worn layered with I love NY for Fathers; then you are really in a cloud of Relaxation...

Winter Peyroux
Winter Peyroux

A nice scent if you like this sort of thing, but waayyy too old-lady-ish and traditional for me -- just a bunch of mature floral and white musk, with none of the spice or bite or oddity that I prefer. I can certainly understand this being a good gift for mothers or older ladies with traditional tastes, who like the colour pink and these sorts of perfumes...definitely mature, though nicely put-together.

I was skeptical when I read "soft florals" on the manufacturer's card for Bond no 9 I LOVE NY FOR MOTHERS, but it smells mighty fine to me. I think that this entire series (this is the fourth I've tested) does live up to its slogan "easy to love, easy to wear." In the case of MOTHERS, the tangerine accord is just delectable--similar in some ways to LITTLE ITALY, only in this case it's only half the story.

The other half is the floral bouquet, which to my nose is a great combination of not-too-intense white florals mixed with some freesia for balance. This stuff smells simply scrumptious. It does seem like a young fragrance to me, so perhaps it is best suited to young mothers? Or how about people who want a citrus floral with a yummy resinousness? Maybe I'll buy a bottle for myself and peel the label off. Tee hee...

dannysmom
dannysmom

I am torn on this one. It has a VERY prominent tangerine note, which lasts the whole time. I love tangerine, so I really enjoyed that! It's perfect for warmer weather.

The drydown is gorgeous, but what I'm having trouble with is the top and middle notes. There is something extremely sharp in there. I'm guessing it's the freesia or the jasmine? That one note is not agreeing with me at all, but it could just be my body chemistry. Otherwise, it's a really pretty fragrance. If you like tangerine, give it a try!

jonr951

Finally tried it today. It's definitely my fav from the I Love NY line so far. Just delicious! I LOVE the pink bottle! SO pretty in person. I'm going to have to get it for my mom. If she doesn't want it, I'll keep it for myself. Haha. Bring on for Fathers and for Marriage Equality next! : )

jonr951

Why hello perfect Mother's Day gift! Haha. I can't wait to try this one. That pink bottle! LOVE it! : )

I Love New York for Mothers by Bond No 9 3.38 out of 5 based on 73 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 I Love New York for Mothers fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 I Love New York for Mothers, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify I Love New York for Mothers by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of I Love New York for Mothers by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.