Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Madison Square Park Bond No 9 for women

Madison Square Park Bond No 9 for women
dislike

Madison Square Park by Bond No 9 is a Floral fragrance for women. Madison Square Park was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Laurent le Guernec. Top notes are hyacinth, blueberry and grass; middle notes are rose and pink tulip; base notes are teak wood and vetiver.

Hyacinth Blueberry Grass

Rose pink tulip

Teak Wood Vetiver

Nectarine Blossom and Honey

Madison Square Park Fragrance Reviews

antihero
antihero

I have a bon bon of this I received with a Bond purchase.

All I smell is grass, not another note. AND that is it.

Yohji
Yohji

I love the idea of that cute lady-bird among green grass. Its perfectly captures the image of this fragrance
Madison Park is for days when you want to smell very clean, very young, inoffensive and feel like having long walk early morning in the park
Nice to smell tulips once in a while, but its more leaves and those crispy tulip stalks rather than flowers. Rose and hyacinths add charm to the teak wood base, innocent but still romantic, you expect a positive day
Have to admit the colours of the bottle are freaking me out as you can imagine that juice inside artificial crazy mix but fortunately – its the very opposite case. Good to have for days when you want to stay in harmony with Nature, with people, with yourself, nothing loud, nothing sweet, - green green grass of home

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

So surprised by how much I like this; green and clean scents aren't what I usually go for, but this is beautiful and natural smelling. The opening is brilliant - it makes me feel like I'm walking in a fresh, spring garden right after the lawn was mowed. I'm not as enamored with the floral dry down, so I won't purchase a full bottle, but it really is quite magical for a while.

spidola
spidola

It’s a kind of scent I call “pointless”…It leaves me without any emotion and I do not like this sensation. Or maybe I don’t get it – the freshness of grass and flowers in the Madison Park… Yes, it’s green, it’s herbal, but it’s so general...
I envy the sensibility of persons who perceive it differently …

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

I really was hoping to smell blueberry here, but no such luck! Very sheer perfume on me.

Caist
Caist

(the fruit note is technically a Huckleberry mock, not Blueberry)

Dainty, bubbley-fruity, soft floral

Marc Jacobs eat your heart out. And this fragrance definitely does not smell like Jo's Nect. Blossom.. if anything it smells like the color Pink.. if that makes sense. It's everything young and feminine, and has a very happy mood about it. It's a quirky fragrance, so if you want to wear something fresh but fun, give this one a go. It's pricey but once you try it on just imagine how well it'd wear in the spring and summer.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

I LOVED the fresh, grassy and hyacinth opening. Then as it warmed up I got a generic sharp floral thing going on and a bit of tulip. It was pretty linear. I didn't care for it at all. I wish the opening lasted longer, that would have been worth buying. The sharp floral that takes over is almost a scrubber.

mahgwet
mahgwet

This summery, lighthearted fragrance starts with a winey burst of what seems to be peach, although Bond does not list it as a note. I do detect the berry and the grass, the latter of which holds on for a bit and then disappears.

As it dries down, the fruity accord stays full-blast, along with the rose-tulip. The base (teak and vetiver) is invisible.

Although Madison Square Park is pleasant, it's linear on me. I wish it developed more--perhaps it needs a better base.

carissaaurora
carissaaurora

I received this as a gift, otherwise I would never have paid the money for it. It's not very strong, however, it's good for a spring "day" scent. It's getting a lot of comparisons to Daisy, but for whatever reason Daisy smells sour on my skin, where this smells sharp on top, but not sour. It does have a strong grass scent to it. In fact, all I can smell are the grass notes on top, nothing else. It does settle in about 15 mins and the middle notes start coming out, which is a nice floral. Some rose, a lot of tulip and some soapiness right here. It's not a complex rose, more of a little rose soap in grandma's bathroom rose. Thankfully the other notes keep it from being awful. After that it starts getting peachy, and stays there for awhile. It's so soft that after about 45 mins I can't smell it at all, even when I put my wrist directly under my nose, and my thought is that if you're going to pay a huge wad of money for a perfume, you better get to enjoy it all day long. Not so with this. I'll definitely wear it, and I'm thankful for the gift as I needed a nice spring perfume.

KasKas
KasKas

It smells exactly like Victoria's Secret Pink Fresh & Clean, and the latter is much more affordable...

Kiku
Kiku

Once again Bond makes a smell alike. "Madison Square Park" is highly reminiscent of Crabtree and Evelyn's "Spring Rain". It gets off to a beautiful start. The opening is so fresh and clean, a real "after the rain on a spring afternoon" feel. But it quickly turns extremely soapy. I like soapy scents but this was too much, it gave me a headache.

STRAG
STRAG

I used to love Bond fragrances, until I realised they seem to remind me of other creations. The bottles are beautiful, so I don't mind to pay a higher price, but they seem to be more and more common, I think the first few of their series were more interesting. This particular one is my favorite, peachy and romantic and airy and easy to wear!

Germany
Germany

One of the few bonds I don't really like. It's not bad by any means but there is a certain note that I don't like , grass? Well I like the smell of fresh cut grass, but maybe not in a fragrance. I like more vanilla woodsy warm scents , this is more floral grassy. Better on someone else than me. And no thanks to the bottle !

Fresh crisp green scent, nice, I like it, pleasant to wear on a summer day, but I wouldn't pay the high price tag for it, it reminds me of Kenzo Summer also... Same type of nicely done green scents...it is a bit of a cold fragrance at first, then gets more rounded in the base...
Overall I like it, but not worth that much money to me, still one of my favorite in the line, which I find overrated overall..
Bond pops up one fragrance after the other,obviously the quality just isn't there..

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I got a cute little bonbon sample. Unwrapping was a pleasure, but the scent caught me by surprise. It's a bit harsher than I'd expected. By that, I mean...it smells obviously of "perfume" and even somewhat generic. It's a fresh and green scent, with the grass singing right out of the package...but this particular combination of florals also lends a soapiness that I found disruptive and unnatural to the experience. Once that aspect settles, this is much more personally wearable, as the scent becomes like a subtle breeze, but still a sharp metallic note that lingers all the way through keeps me from fully enjoying it.

Lausal2328
Lausal2328

Slightly more floral than green, pleasant spring type scent since its more fresh and cool. Not too unique, reminds me a little of other fragrances. You could gets something similar for less $$. The fragrance is really nice but I preffer other bond scents better. Longevity is better than the sillage.

thazinha30
thazinha30

Got a sample and tried it today. Something in it made me not like it. It is a nice scent but sweet and nostalgic... didn't make me all fuzzy and happy inside. Kinda like old snobbish lady smell for my nose. It did last aaaallll day, however, so I give it points for longevity.

Nice smell nonetheless, just didn't fit me or my personality.

By the way, some people mentioned it smells a little like Marc Jacobs Daisy and I can smell the resemblance at the end of the day but still think MJ Daisy is much better. Much fresher and happier.

jlfears
jlfears

i'm repeating what many have said, but it's very similar to jo malone's nectarine blossom & honey, which is just over 100 USD for 100 ml instead of 260. that said, it's really just the first blast and following 30 minutes that are the same...

i like this one much more. jo malone's is actually more complex ~ seems to have vetiver and something else in the drydown that really makes it pack a punch ~ but i like the light and airy fruitiness of madison square park. it's almost all peach on me ~ a strong one, at that ~ with light teak/cedar in the base and a whisper of berry-ish grass every so often. mostly, it's just peach, and it makes me happy.

you can get something similar (either the jo malone or even a VS or some other fruity edt etc) for much, much less. i do not think this is worth anything close to what they charge... but again, it's a very happy scent, and it's *VERY* well done. not unique, but very well done.

there's only good projection for the first 30-60 minutes, but it lingers for the whole day and smells great on your scarves and jackets long after the fact. but soft. it's a sweet and herbal, sheer but musky fruity gem.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Ladies, set a date to check out this wonderful and unique fragrance from bond. I'm a guy and would love to smell this on a woman. It's an enchanting and lively happy time scent with spring written all over it. Juicy ripe peach, pink rose and fresh cut grass play the first act. As the show progresses, peach fades away just as blueberries strut onto the stage to mingle with the rose and tulips. Vetiver and woods are barely perceptible, each is cast as supporting actors allowing the stars of the show to shine. There's not much else I can say that has not already been said. Try it! You might just love it! Maybe your man will too!

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

MADISON SQUARE PARK by Bond No.9

Absolutely gorgeous breath of unique, fruity-green-clean Spring freshness on my skin. This opens with a rush of morning dew laden cut grass all swathed in lushly blossoming hyacinth and wildly rambling ripe blueberry bushes.

A few elegant climbing roses are interspersed judiciously throughout, and add a just touch of refined floral grace to the composition, while a subdued teakwood/vetiver base adds a clean and well healed chic to the grounding elements without weighing down the entire spirited affair!

This is a distinctive mix of joyous and celebratory Spring radiance that smells like nothing else out there on my skin! It is outrageously clean without being soapy or detergent-like. It is fruity without being overly sweet or cloying. It is a uniquely uplifting potion of down-to-earth delight that I completely enjoy reveling in! Altogether rapturously beautiful and somewhat addictive! I cannot stop sniffing my wrists when this is applied!

Totally full bottle worthy for me! And a big 100ml bottle at that!

(And there is no reason in the world to pay full price for this or anything else really.)

Cheers and thank you to the House of Bond No.9 for this sparkling stunner!

pbluberry
pbluberry

This is really nice and fresh. I've always have a hard time with Bond No 9's longevity. This doesn't seem to last that long. It's pleasent just not worth the money spent on it.

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is a pleasant grassy floral. It has an almost candy scent to it, which I normally wouldn't like but here it is fresh, light and kind of tangy. I like this, but if I'm going to spend over $200 I want to smell expensive. This doesn't. I think you could find something similar for a lot less money.

aqua76239
aqua76239

this is rather nice grassy floral that smells like you are taking a stroll through a garden. I was given a sample of this and unfortunately, its hardly lasts at all on me. If you are one of the fortunate ones who got a lasting power out of it, I am jealous.
I will say that so far, I have not sampled any fragrance in this line that was worth $250 to me. Neither is this one even though I think it smells nice.
I wish Daisy smelled like this this, I would have loved it but it doesn't even compare as its too sharp, and smells like floral candle.

k8r8r
k8r8r

Happy and optimistic is how I feel when I wear this. It is simple and straight-forward...green, floral, slightly citrus and a slight warmth upon dry down with my body chemistry. It's definitely a daytime scent. It's somewhat unique for a fruity-floral....not too sweet or cloying. Not worth buying at full price though. Long lasting and moderate sillage.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

Pleasant, fresh and clean, but incredibly overpriced for what it is. I might as well just wear Daisy for a third of the price. Another that was shoved at me by an overly aggressive salesperson who thought she knew my taste better than I do.

tracey.sanford
tracey.sanford

After the reviews I decided to splurge & purchase Madison Square Park. MJ Daisy is one of my favorite perfumes & many said it reminded them of that fragrance so I had to have it. I must say the initial burst does have that Daisy scent but after a few minutes the scent changes on my skin. It reminds me of Daisy & SJP NYC mixed together & I love it!! It's crisp but not sharp. It's fresh but not soap or cleaner fresh. It's playful & bright. This is definitely a feminine scent. Some say the is a Spring scent but I'll be wearing this all year around. I'm so happy with my purchase & will definitely be getting a backup!!

Edit: As far as lasting power, it lasted all day on me. I know some people stated it didn't last but even when I couldn't smell it, at the end of my work day, when I walked past the security guard he stated I smelled wonderful.

nastyamason
nastyamason

Amazing! Never smelled anything like this before. Unique, feminine and sophisticated scent. Blueberries and grass dominate, though florals are there too. I wish it lasted longer, unfortunately, the longevity is quite poor for such an expensive perfume. However, I am going to buy a full bottle anyway. There is just no substitute for this perfume.

Edit: Unattractive bottle and horrible cheap bracelet that I will never wear. But scent is superb!

Edit: Lately I have been wearing more season appropriate scents and caught myself thinking I crave Madison Square Park. Thinking about buying a backup. It is addictive!

silviaci
silviaci

It's a lovely frgrance, I get a lot of berries and no grass at all, although I believe like, as with all Bonds, it's the mixture that keeps things together.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

A harmonious chord of sweet and sour. Green, fresh, berries. A spring bouquet. Beautiful fragrance. Nice silage and unconquerably romantic.

My favorite Bond.

BRIECHEESE1188
BRIECHEESE1188

This would be nice for someone who likes to smell super clean and fresh. But frankly, the drydown on me smells a lot like those newer, supposedly better-smelling variations of Windex!

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

First of all, let me say I would NEVER spend $250 on this fragrance.
It smells very fresh at first, almost a little fruity, citrusy, and then the dry down is very green, like grass with some woody hints. It's quite a fresh scent and I think it will be good for summer. I would kind of like to see it stay a little fruitier instead of getting super grassy but I think I can probably layer it with something slightly fruity and get a really nice fresh summer thing going. Once it dries down, it stays green and fresh, which is something I have not really seen in any fragrances. All my other scents dry down to something warmer, more powdery, vanilla-y, woodsy, or something with patchouli, spice, etc but not this one. This one could really refresh you on a HOT summer day when other fragrances develop too heavily.
I smell NO blueberry, and the Bond No. 9 website lists the note as huckleberry, not blueberry, fyi. I don't know if they are considered the same or not.

EDIT- Sorry, I hate it now. I just do. I tried to like it but the grass note is just overwhelming and I couldn't stand it. I swapped it!

UrbanBeautiful
UrbanBeautiful

i just dislike it for the price and the scent you get for this. wow. im actually quite amazed.... i was really really looking foreward to trying this. fresh grass? blueberries? it sounded amazing to me... but wow, this is sooo ordinary and unspectacular!
i mean, yes, it really does smell just like a normal fresh perfume, like a really simple and easy one would smell like. i mean, yes, i do smell fresh grass, and its really intense, but it still smells so ordinary... just fresh, light, easygoing... everything you could get for about 200$ less.... seriously... please, people! before you buy this one! try others.. there are alot of better, much more interesting (also fresh, and easy and simple!) just.... really muuuch cheaper! actually it disgusts me how simple and boring this scent is and the price tag attached to it...

Bond no 9 MADISON SQUARE PARK is thankfully a lot better than MADISON SOIREE, which I find unwearable (to my nose MADISON SOIREE is a somewhat rank soap scent—could be a skin chemistry issue, then again maybe not...). In fact, MADISON SQUARE PARK is a completely different genre: a kind of crispy and sparkly citrusy-fruity-floral perfect for the spring weather which had finally made its way out to these parts at the time when it was launched.

The opening of this Bond offering smells to me a bit like a cross between HIGH LINE and Guerlain AQUA ALLEGORIA PAMPLELUNE. Although grapefruit is not listed among the official notes, I really do smell a dominant quasi-grapefruit zest note in the opening. This gives way shortly thereafter to a hyacinth and tart rhubarb-like composition. All in all, a generally refreshing and optimistic scent. Not sure that I'd want a full bottle of this one, but I'd definitely wear it in the springtime, if I happened to have some lying around. For now, I'll work my way through my purse spray and then see whether MADISON SQUARE PARK has become an acquired need...

teddito
teddito

Too poor lasting power.And too delicate and sheer as a scent.
Otherwise nice, somehow reminds me of Marc Jacobs Daisy plus some added berries on the top.Nothing unique so does not suit the price tag.

I don't know what I was expecting from Madison Square Park, but I must admit that I'd thought it'd be a lot softer and more floral.

First things first, this fragrance hates my skin chemistry, it turns this fragrance into a sour berries and off-juice nightmare that gives me a crazy headache. Thankfully on paper it smells a hell of a lot better.

The opening is rich blueberries, not unlike John Galliano's new fragrance Parlez-Moi d'Amour. It kind of smells a little bit like an Escada release as well, especially with all those berry top notes and fizzy peach.

As the fragrance settles, a sweet and freshly mowed lawn scent comes to the fore, with a hint of rose and tulip, like you'd expect to smell in a bouquet from your lover. Unfortunately I don't get this beautiful blend on my skin.

I noted that it was quite a strong fragrance with a heck of a lot of fruits and flowers. It's a little too much for my poor little nose, although I do seem to enjoy the fresh rose note drizzled with berry syrup. I do believe that if this was applied with a light hand, it could be so much more appealing.

While I don't dislike it, I'm not a fan either. It just doesn't suit my tastes, and has presented itself as not agreeing with my chemistry, which usually suits most fragrances. I think I prefer Bond No.9's darker, more masculine offerings, like West Side for example. Please do test this fragrance before you buy.

sfsassy
sfsassy

This is a bond that I like. It's a nice spring fruity floral. Unmistakable as a Bond scent.

When I think of Madison Square Park, I think of my favorite food stands. But so fortunately this fragrance doesn't smell like concrete, dirt, burger or hotdog. Instead, it is very nice and rich fresh fruity at first and fellowed closely by delicate floral notes. Yes, I get something like peach or/and melon but no berries! Then it becomes clean, refreshing, and delicious. The floral notes are gentle but quite green. The scent never gets powdery or too sweet. It's just fresh rich delicious scent. It fits perfectly along with High Line and Gramercy Park. It lasts forever as well, as all of Bond fragrances do. This is easily one of the few best spring/ summer scents of the year.

Udaria
Udaria

Testing, testing.
Now I have just applied and sniffed Madison Square Park, and find it typically bond-like. Which is a compliment to the perfume house.

Other than go into any particular notes, I find it refreshing, cool, strong, and chic. A nice Summer perfume, quite wearable in careful small amounts ... too much could be an overkill.

There is a crispness to it which would be appropriate in a business setting.

Romantic - I don't know. It is probably too light in character. Wear it in the afternoon, and switch to something heavier for night time.

Madison Square Park by Bond No 9 3.92 out of 5 based on 171 ratings and 38 user reviews

Bond No. 9 New York 'Madison Square Park' Pocket Spray 0.2 oz
Bond No. 9 'Madison Square Park' Eau de Parfum 3.3 oz
EDP Mini 1.7oz
Bond No. 9 The Peace Jewelry Box 3pcs
Bond No. 9 The Peace Jewelry Box 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Madison Square Park fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Madison Square Park, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Madison Square Park by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Madison Square Park by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.