Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

New York Amber Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

oud
New York Amber Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

New York Amber by Bond No 9 is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. New York Amber was launched in 2011. The fragrance features musk, osmanthus, jasmine, sandalwood, amber, saffron, nutmeg, benzoin, bergamot, myrhh, rose, agarwood (oud) and pepper.

Musk Osmanthus Jasmine Sandalwood Amber Saffron Nutmeg Benzoin Bergamot Myrhh Rose Agarwood (Oud) Pepper

Harrods Amber

New York Amber Fragrance Reviews

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Rose scented urinal cake with pepper. Doesn't even have the good manners to smell like amber. What the deuce?

KIZILBAY
KIZILBAY

Bond parfümlerini biraz şişirilmiş bulduğum için uzak durmuşumdur. Deneyip, etkilendiğim yada beğendiğim olmadı. Ancak yaklaşık 15 farklı parfümünden sonra Bond'un bu parfümü diğerlerinden ayrıldı. Daha çok sert ve yoğun kokuları sevdiğim için olabilir. Amber çok baskın ve Gül ile biraz yumuşamış. Ten üzerinde bir saat sonra biraz feminen bir hava alsa da dengesi bozulmuyor. Kalıcılık çok başarılı. Koku dağılımı güçlü. Amber kokusu sevenler için öncelikli tercihlerden olabilir. Ancak bu yine de 1000 TL üstü rakamları hak ettiği anlamına gelmiyor.

Brenao
Brenao

The best bond I've met, an amber not so sweet or dry, easy to wear, so wonderful rose note, so nice as Lumiere Noire, I liked it a lot. Certainly I'll get a bottle, but the price is so expensive :(

jtd

I would prefer that higher end perfume producers be more honest about their higher prices.  For god's sake, just say that certain perfumes cost more because people will pay more for them.  Bond no 9 present their merchandise as luxury items and therefore charge expectable luxury rates for them.  They don't claim materials culled from rare exotic sources as, say, Creed do.  They don't tout the perfumer-as-attraction like l'Artisan Parfumeurs.  Naming perfumes after neighborhoods of the affluent isn’t quite the implied vision of the Lutens line.

For Bond it’s just the 50/50% of derivation and catch-up.   Actually, it's a bit of whack-a-mole:

* Take another shot at the contempo-floral?  Bam!  Central Park South.
* It's hot out, so let's push another cologne clone.  Wham!  Little Italy.
* Chasing the Angel fame?  Pow!  Nuit de Noho.
* Need an entry in the male aquatic market?  Ka-Bam! Wall Street.
* Fuck!  Everyone else has an oud!  Fire somebody and get me NY Oud!

In Amber's case, it's: need an oud-rose floriental to keep up with the nichier niche lines?  Blammo!  Amber.

Amber is a whole lotta' everything!  It's an oriental that minored in gourmandise.  It's rich and overstuffed.  Unfortunately it's also from the pile-on-the-diamante school that produced Boucheron de Boucheron, a monster chemo-floriental that typified the 1980s.

Amber doesn't have a cutesie NYC name and it should. How about "NYC Climber: Over-Leveraged"?

NoireFox
NoireFox

I can't understand the hate for this one. I absolutely adore it, and it lasted on me for ages, into the next morning. I have drier skin, so that really impressed me. It is rather linear, I don't recall it changing, but for the scent it was, I loved it. For the first time in my life, I am actually hard-pressed to describe the scent. I really cannot compare it to anything I've tried before, which is part of why I find it so mesmerizing. A wonderful and misunderstood little gem from an over-productive company which puts out scents faster than an assembly line (slow down Bond, slow down, you're confusing everyone).
The only downside = it's way overpriced. I'm taking like car payment territory.

stephan
stephan

This small review after using a sample I received from Germany aLzD.
I don't understand why people say it stinks or it's overpowering.
It smells good and it is subtle, when I use 2 sprays on a same spot from my sample.

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

I love this loud perfume for the combo of musk, nutmeg, benzoin, myrhh, rose, oud and pepper. Worth the price, it will last that much longer. I can not detect too much amber at all. This one warmed up a ton on my skin from the initial first spray.

Teahupoo
Teahupoo

One of the most strange colognes that I've tried...you will displease people and give them headaches wearing this...

Read the comments below mine...tons of people dislike it...

Pass on this one.

spartan
spartan

Very strong blast of rose & musky floral amber notes. This could be pulled off by some guys I guess, but to me this is Extremely Feminine. Ladies check this one out, it could be A beautiful Fragrance on the right Woman. I my Opinion NOT for A Man to wear!
The longer this is on my skin the more I Dislike it!!

Quality 10/10 it's Bond so you know it's quality.

Not For Me.

kellzparker
kellzparker

Sillage: Strongest I’ve ever encountered (A+)
Longevity: I smell this 24 hours and a shower later. This is a 2 day commitment. (A+)
Originality: I know of nothing that compares even among amber let alone other fragrances (A+)
Craftsmanship: Superb (A+)

jtd

Take another shot at the contempo-floral?  Bam!  Central Park South.
It's hot out, so let's push another cologne clone.  Wham!  Little Italy.
Chasing the Angel fame?  Pow!  Nuit de Noho.
Need an entry in the male aquatic market?  Ka-Bam! Wall Street.
Fuck!  Everyone else has an oud!  Fire somebody and get me NY Oud!

deeyork71
deeyork71

Sillage: Strongest I’ve ever encountered (A+)
Craftsmanship: Superb (A+)
Scent (Subjective): One of my all-time favorites. It is bombastic. It is curious. This is not sweet and vanilla-ish like other prominent amber dominant fragrances. The oud develops the resinous dimension to the amber effect without taking over. The fresh rose cuts the viscous resin to nice effect. Amber is more of an experience than a note in my experience. I love how different perfumers give their take on the concept. Bond really surprises me with their take. I'm impressed that the same people who make something like this also created Coney Island or Bleecker Street. The variety, breadth and depth of Bond's portfolio is impressive. Bond's playful marketing cleverly belies how serious they are as perfumers. They get a fair amount of attention but I see something else happening with Bond. They are steadily building a huge collection of very original and diversely styled masterpieces. I can't think of anyone who is so innovative and prolific. New York Amber is a standout fragrance by an outstanding perfumery. (A+)

Season: The coldest nights of the year.
Drydown: A hypnotic and elegant mellowing experience of its intense opening.
Value: Expensive even for Bond. Worth it for those who love it. This is highly concentrated. You get what you pay for here.
Gender: Leans masculine in my opinion but the rose pulls it somewhat back to the middle of the spectrum.
Universality: This is not for everyone. This is an unusual fragrance period. It is even unusual among amber scents. My guess is that it will be deeply loved by a few collectors but that it lacks general appeal.
Learning Curve: I can see how for many this is a challenging fragrance, but it is one I love more with each wearing. If someone is patient with it they may change their mind. Must be tried on a cold day.
Emotional Response: New York Amber is comforting warm nostalgia. I find it soothing, sexy, and cozy. Picture being warm inside beside a crackling fireplace with cold snow blowing outside.

Comment: This does not get the greatest feedback from people around me. I do not care. I adore New York Amber. It comes as close to being a signature scent as anything I own. It elicits a very pleasant emotional reaction from me. I recommend starting with half a spray and letting it drydown. It is quite strong--but I for one like that. It may not be for you, but if it is you are lucky. This is a special perfume worth a close look.

JALEH
JALEH

I had this ordered and just received it, and OMG just one spray is enough to take you to another world! I am in love with the smell of this fragrance, but I can not describe the notes, it does remind me of Angel.

bcoops
bcoops

I had a little sample of this in my sample box for ages and never checked it....so while relaxing tonight I went digging and pulled it out and gave it a spray

one spray out of the little 1.5 ml is more than enough and I think most of the hate on this frag comes from putting to much on....I think one spray from a normal bond sprayer is to much for this....it is the most powerful frag I have ever smelled...I think the scent might be enjoyable its just waaaaaaaay to strong...and I honestly feel like vomiting!!! :)

b360
b360

love this stuff.....read quite a few negative comments here and dont get the bad vibe.....this juice is heavenly.....more for males for sure and man is it strong but this smells so nice......rose and spice....little oud and amber but i detect lotsa rose and that bond 9 certain smell....it changes thruout the day tho and the lasting smell is so nice....9/10

anthonyrj
anthonyrj

This is one of my favorite fragrances. It's a bit of a departure for me because I usually like fragrances that are a little more sheer with woods and fruit (like Terre d'Hermes, Aventus, that sort of thing). But this little gem is just beautiful! It's opulent and opaque and it's so well blended that it's take me two years to be able to start to pick up on some of the individual notes. This is not a frag that will get you many compliments (at least not for me) and it's best if you wear in cooler weather, but if you want a fragrance that will take you on floral, spicy ambery journey this is worth checking out.

It opens with a dark, incense-laden rose and peppery spice and dries down to the most beautifully pure amber with some lovely spices playing in the background. This is a journey fragrance- spritz it on and take the ride (and pay attention to get the full effect).

One or two sprays is plenty; three if you just don't give a f***. Definitely a try before you buy perfume. Under no circumstances should you blind buy this quite expensive fragrance. Get a sample and take it for a test drive first, and if you do decide to purchase, the smallest size is more than enough. I've had the 3.3 oz for over two years and I'm less than 20% through the bottle.

A final note - when you spray this on, you will ask yourself, "where is the amber". NY Amber is unique as amber fragrances go. Most of the time you expect to spray an amber frag and immediately get the sweet, vanilla essence of amber...not here. The rose, pepper, oud, benzoin and all of the other notes sit atop the amber, and only after those notes have finally faded a bit (and that's all they do is fade, they never completely give up the ghost) do you get the amber after 8 to 12 hours. You may be thinking that since it's 8 hours later that the amber is subdued; not so. It has been there all along, but the interplay of the notes in the blend make it tough to pick out early on. After about the 8 hour mark, the amber pushes through and it is just as plush as if you had only just applied it.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I didn't have many scrubbers in my life, but this one turns my stomach in a way that I've never EVER experienced and I'm sorry to say that I will not be able to review it properly, because I'm washing it off ASAP.

But quickly before I do... A strong rose and Oud opening (which is usually divine to me), with a saffron and leathery amber duo that makes it unbearable to my nose and smells of strong aged meat rotting in the sun, covered in a weird mesquite powder. Just imagine this in your head. I cannot stand it. It's literally making me feel sick to my stomach.

At least it does not smell cheap.

Sorry to be so negative. It's usually not my style.

If you are pregnant or prone to nausea, don't even think about trying this. It's heavy, oily and so very strong. It makes me think of what the seat of a Harley would smell like after an over-perfumed couple had been riding it for hours and hours... exhaust, sweat and all. I'm slightly disturbed.

pookerella
pookerella

This is a scrubber TO THE MAX! Super duper strong, way too strong for me to ever wear. Reminds me of Tom Ford's Youth Dew Amber Nude. I love the idea of it from the description and amber is one of my favorite notes, but this is just too much. Perhaps it's the benzoin. I detest fake ingredients like benzoins and aldehydes. At least aldehydes wear off quickly! This doesn't. Luckily I only purchased a bon-bon from eBay, so I don't have a big financial investment. Better for the gents IMO. Completely pass on this one.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

The name could be too NY Rose, she is appearing more here than the amber who is colored with a touch mineral aspect, together with a agar background, has something fruity-floral also with or creates this aurea with other notes.
I think is the best in the house together with Harrods Oud.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

The lasting power of this fragrance is wonderful. Lasts all day and then some! This stuff is strong and powerful. A little too powerful. It actually triggered my allergies. Sneezing on and off throughout the day whenever I got a whiff of it. This scent just doesn't seem to agree with me. I also find it hard to ignore the fact that the smell totally reminds me of bug spray. The whole time I had it on it felt like I was wearing "Off" insect repellent. I love other Bond fragrances like Little Italy and Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York but New York Amber didn't impress me at all. Look out mosquitoes, here I come!

Jwaks
Jwaks

One word. Strong! This juice is Po-Tent! Fragrant red rose, smokey oud and fine amber. That is all. Mostly the first two with rose sitting atop an oud base. It's surprisingly dry and smokey instead of sweet as one might expect from an amber scent. Montales Rose and Oud offerings, even if there are a million of them, are much smoother and less synthetic than Bond New York Amber. I highly recommend checking out those if you enjoy this one.

Update: Saffron and nutmeg come out in force about an hour or more into the drydown. It beings to smell like home heating oil that someone tried to freshen up with rose potpouri.

Projection : Beast mode
Sillage : more beast mode
Macsuline or feminine : probably fit for an wealthy iranian bodybuilder
Reccomendation : Not for the faint of heart. Try a sample if you're into unapologetic, deeply woody, smoky oud and rose fragrances with lots of strong spice

miletto
miletto

Three angels send by God,called Rose,Oud and Amber,comes to the earth to announces the arrived of your holy son...BOND NY AMBER.

fuggerone
fuggerone

deeply masculine and one of the best from this house, lasts all day and it's a sure shot with the ladies!

hamednoohi
hamednoohi

im from iran and when i lived there we had VERY rich family members who used to throw events at their mansion and this reminds me of the smell of the house when i walked in.. this is about 20 years ago and it just takes me right to that period of time .. smell like a rich person to me .... at that smells like a rich woman thats in her 40s and up thats wearing super expensive clothing
i kinda like it alot

Whit
Whit

I bought a sample of this which arrived a few days ago...just when I came down with a sinus infection. Well, I was excited it got here so I sprayed it on my wrist and then sneezed my head off. This smelled insanely chemical on my skin and it was so bad that I actually scrubbed it off.

Fast forward a few days and my sinus infection is a lot better and I can smell more distinctly. I decided to give this another go, so I sprayed my wrist again. First off, this is some seriously stroooooong stuff, so a little goes a long way. Secondly, it does smell somewhat synthetic to me at first, and like everyone else has noted, that could be oud. I don't get much rose at all, but loads of warm amber and the oud is very distinct on my skin. It has a very masculine vibe on my skin, but that's actually ok with me.

This has an unusual aroma, that is not for everyone and I think this is one of those love it or hate frags. Definitely get a sample before you purchase. The sillage and longevity are crazy with this one as well, so use it sparingly. For now, this one is on my want list. :)

Ali88
Ali88

Too feminine for me, might be good if you like to layer it with another fragrance you think needs some floral hint. One spray for that purpose, two would be killing it.

uxmanali
uxmanali

Great fragrance but insanely expensive. I couldn't convince myself to spend 300+ dollars for this thing.

Amber and Rose are extremely loud even in the dry down. Some think it has a chemical feel, I think it is because of oud which is noticeable in the background.

BTW it would beat everything in silage and longevity. Longevity is more than 2 days easily.

I sprayed it 30 hours ago on a paper strip and it is still more stronger than anything i have. Probably same strength as fresh spray of Chanel Egoiste. I cannot believe it.

Bbjr
Bbjr

I've tried 6 fragrances from Bond and all but one do nothing but provide a headache. I don't know what they put in their fragrance but it never seems to be as described. This scent is all ROSE. That's it. Oud?? I don't think so. Amber? Where? Can't even detect. I smell rose and musk. I think they put musk in every one of their scents. I don't get it. Their scents are basically all the same.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I go back and forth to choose my favorite amber. Sometimes its Ambre 114 other times it is Amber Absolute, then comes Opus VI (hoping to buy a full bottle of this one day), then we have the daddy of them Ambre Precieux and the little brother Blue Amber. Rounding up the bunch is Blue Amber and Ambre Fetiche. Now 114, Blue Amber, Ambre Precieux and a tad of Ambre Sultan all flirt with one another. Opus VI has the incredible bay leaf setting it apart from the others and really the herbal shapness of Sultan puts it in a unique class. AA is a headbanger and is the flirty/loud and aggressive brother of the group and then we have this little devil NY Amber.

For me NY Amber is as if someone took NY Oud or Rose Oud and poured Ambre Sultan into it. It is all Amber, Rose, Oud, pepper and resin and saffron. It is a spicy amber combined with the saffron+Rose+oud combination. To me it is pure magic.

I allow people to form their own opinions; however for me to say this has no amber is to say L'Air Dessert Morrocain has no Amber, they are equally Ambery. What is unique about his component is that Bond decided to avoid the clasic Vanilla note and allowed the saffron+oud+benzoin to provide some of the sweetness. I actually like that decision as I think the vanilla would have overpowered many of the other supporting notes taking it towards the 114 or even Amber Sultan way. It marries the oud combination with the resinic amber combination harmoniously in my opinion.

The longevity and projection are in the 12+ hour mark. This never really slows down and the major players (notes) all seem to get enough attention to make this a complex (and maybe a bit complex to a fault) fragrance. It could be considered busy, if you hate rose avoid this fragrance, if you don't like your amber unsweetened avoid this fragrance. If you find the rose oud combinations (montale, kilian, bond.....)repulsive avoid this. However, if you like rose+oud+amber+resin...then this will be yours to have (well outside of the price).

Today this is my favorite Amber..along with 114, Opus VI, Amber Absolute, Ambre Precieux and Ambre Sultan...all ambers of a different tune but still stay true to the amber form.

Pbeschi
Pbeschi

I don't really understand this perume. It smells like chemical rose and NOT like amber. Plus, what is all the fuzz about the sillage?? No perfume beat ANGEL so far for me. And, besides OPIUM, I have tried them all. Negative for me. Try Xerjoff, those are VERY FANCY FRAGS!

deadidol
deadidol

It's an unusual take on amber that's more stingy and sharp than anything. I liked the initial blast and the mid, but the dry down was hugely disappointing. It smells, to me, like highly synthetic pine. If you're amber shopping, don't rush into this one as it's a bit removed from the normal amber spectrum.

chance25
chance25

Now that it's dry and cool outside, the scent of this perfume smells like sweet wine. It's not pleasant since it's a little high pitched on the florals and a little too fermented on the amber. I liked this better in the hot humid months, but still not enough to purchase a FB.

mse-21
mse-21

I tested this only once and on card. I found it to be surprisingly familiar and at the same time distinctive in terms of quality of ingredients. I can't pin down a specific perfume and say this is what New York Amber reminds me of, but its just like something that I smelled again again re-done with high quality ingredients and of course very well crafted.

This interpretation of Amber has certain qualities (e.g. a high dose of florals) which makes it more feminine than masculine; IMHO.

Fantastic longevity and projection!

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

i both love and hate this fragrance. i hate it because it smells like chinese herbal ointment that my grandfather would use.....and i love it for that same reason. it really reminds of me of my grandfather and thats a good thing....so im leaning towards liking the fragrance. ill probably use it on special occasions where i want to be taken seriously. its not so much of a playful scent....serious events only where i need to command respect.

CleoMoore
CleoMoore

Unfortunately my first scrubber. Actually this was a triple-scrubber... And I could still detect it after 3 vigorous soap-and-hot-water scrubs. Wow, this is a sillage MONSTER and I can only imagine longevity is similarly impressive.

I wanted to like this so much. I usually adore amber fragrances, but I don't smell the amber here; at least, not the warm, soft, rich amber I know and love. I still don't know what I actually smelled because it is nothing I have encountered before, and none of the descriptions I see of the notes matches my experience.

The most pleasant part of this for me was the initial blast. I did briefly get some spice (nutmeg and perhaps saffron), and an incens-y note that I took to be oud. I don't know what it was that was harsh, sharp, and almost bitter, but within 5 minutes all top notes were gone and this bitter sharpness completely took over, along with a roaring soapiness that I cannot adequately describe except to liken it to cheap gas station hand soap.

I have been surprised by amazing drydowns in the past so I gave it a good hour before I had to take a tylenol for the headache and admit defeat. It felt like a sacrelige to scrub this one but I had no choice.

I am extremely sensitive to pepper so I am wondering if that's what blew me away. At least Bond No 9 has plenty of offerings to choose from. On to the next!

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

It's all about the rose with this one. The rose, the rose, the rose.

Sillage and longevity MONSTER! While the price is nuts, I'd say at least you'd be getting your money's worth. One spray on my wrist and 3 hours later I'm still sorta keeping my wrist at a distance away from me... sorta gave me a headache.

The opening is strong, and harsh, and as other's have noted. But within 10 minutes, Roze-illa rises from the ashes and storms New York! Whew, look OUT! I smell nothing else. If there is oud, it is amping up the rose in the most shrill way.

No Amber for sure, which makes the name a huge misnomer. Shoulda been called:

Bond No. 9 - The Rose that Ate New York!

CoolHandLuke87
CoolHandLuke87

Its nice, but i will be giving this and every other sample i got from bond (except Brooklyn) to my ma...
I felt like i was a kid again, and my brother and myself got in a spray fight at my grandma's home with her perfume. Im sure i would enjoy this a lot more if it was on a female...
I really enjoy the amber!

phsofficer
phsofficer

I came across this perfume while shopping in Milan. It has a bold and robust fragrance. I love it.

smaragda
smaragda

it seems to be a perfect frag. for me. where can i find it in europe as i live in bosnia? please answer me A.S.A.P. as i travel abroad very soon (italy). thanx :)

Possum-Pie
Possum-Pie

This fragrance is the best of Bond no. 9: The Amber and oud along with the florals are perfectly blended. BUT, as with ALL Bond fragrances, there is an undersmell of some fruity chemical that gives me a headache. It is present in every Bond fragrance, and some people smell it and others don't. Artificial grape and acetone? It is the Only Bond no. 9 Fragrance I like and I have come to tolorate that undersmell in this particular fragrance.

PipiLongStocking
PipiLongStocking

It's 1920s somewhere in New York...It's clise to midnight. Wearing a black mink coat, she walks down the stairs, into a smokey night club...She lets her coat just slide down her back-she knows some poor soul will get it before it hits the ground...Her long black silk dress is dragging lazily across the floor...She sits down at the very corner booth, sinking into the weathered leather sofa, lights up a cigarette while looking for her prey....It could be a fellow drinking  scotch at the bar...Or a mobster playing cards few tables back...Or that dark tall man who's daringly looking straight at her now..He looks like Bogey...She looks like sensuality...smells of danger, sultry sheets, smeared makeup, the morning after, the knife under your throat...
This is the scene I imagined the 1st time I smelled Bond 9 Amber. Like I said...It smells of such a fantastic night of passion- forbidden and enticing that it would be sinful not to succumb, even though you'll wake up alone and will probably never see them again..

Bond No.9 New York Amber is perfect in so many ways. I love when a fragrance smells really potent yet beautiful at the same time. This fragrance should actually be re-named, 'Bond No.9 New York Amber, Oud and Rose'.

This fragrance packs quite a punch in the initial stages, with rich amber and oud wood, creating a rather masculine and resinous opening. It can be aggressive at times, but for the most part, it's forever present but never overpowering.

Strong oud accords are a bit of an acquired taste. Some find that it smells like turpentine, while others enjoy its richly aromatic and animalistic qualities. I fall into the second category, being one of those people who find the scent strangely arousing and sexy. Bond No.9 New York Amber is easily one of my naughtier fragrances.

Like all complex scents, Bond No.9 New York Amber isn't all about heavy amber and resins. You'll be happy to know that it has moments of short-lived soapiness, and even a subtle hint of gourmand, with a fruit cake aroma towards the drydown. I think if you like Montale's Aoud Amber Rose, it's a sure bet that you'll enjoy this one too.

Before I forget to mention the rose, I should point out that it appears more oily and spicy in this composition, rather than sweet and flowery. Everything seems to be 'butched up' to the extremes in Bond No.9 New York Amber. Both men and women could wear this with ease.

The longevity and sillage are wonderful, just the way they ought to be. I wouldn't be surprised if traces of Bond No.9 New York Amber can still be found on my skin after a shower. A definite head-turner with a huge personality.

csproul48
csproul48

This is great stuff. My wife and I have been trying other oud fragrances and have found this to be the perfect one. The oud is so well blender with the amber and rose that it doesn't become tiring. Yes, I mean tiring not cloying. I've tried Montale Black Oud, New York Oud, Tom Ford Oud Wood, M7, and Christian Dior Leather Oud. I find the oud in this to be closest to Black Oud and New York Oud. The biggest difference is, I don't get tired of smelling this on myself. IMHO, this is a great entry level oud fragrance and overall, very beautiful and well blended.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Mmm warm hot hot hot woody spiced amber. I really do get all the notes listed, even the jasmin stands out amongst the heat and brings some creamy quality. VERY peppery, this is sort of the fragrance equivalent to burning/sparkling fireplace mixed with chai tea. Still debating if it's worth $300+... Probably not but I would buy it in a second if it was cheaper, love amber!!

sallyjwong
sallyjwong

I do not care for this Bond fragrance. It is somewhat similar to New York Oud. It has a very strong smelling and powerful top note, which I believe is the oud. It smells like Asian incense or medicine. On my skin, it does not smell feminine at all. I love the smell of amber, but I can't smell it underneath the heavy oud note. I feel if they removed the heavy oud from this fragrance, it would be perfect.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

This one is hard to explain. This is an "unsweetened" amber. It smells green for some reason to me. This smells cool like ice would have a smell. This is odd I know but that's what i get.

Danrich
Danrich

After having this one for a week it turned into liquid plastic on me, really wanted to like this on but the liquid plastic smell gave me a headache

HalloweenHJB
HalloweenHJB

Got this for Christmas. I love the opening --really great, rich, dark fragrances. And it's probably the longest lasting parfum that I've ever worn: if you put it on in the evening, it's there the next morning. But I have to say that for a men's fragrance, the longer it lasts, the more floral and rose (feminine) it becomes, which is not what I had bargained for. So it's great at first, but later on, the men may have to take it off before they smell like grandma.

cinemoenti
cinemoenti

★★★★★
i was flashed in a strange way, when today i first smelled this perfume. it felt like going to a place i have never been before, fascinating but frightening as well, like a nightmare i don't want to leave because i want to understand it. what is it that makes this product so singular? glad to have smelled it - but the price keeps me away.

Udaria
Udaria

Yesterday I tested Harrods Amber and New York Amber, one on each arm. Harrods Amber is quite harsh, I could not see myself wearing that. New York Amber seems to be the softer version of it. It also starts out with an edge and then evolves into a creamy flow of amber. I don't see how the high price tag can be justified. There are lots of other ambers, one of them Balmain Ambre gris which gives you that green edge throughout, similar to this creamy amber, but much, much softer. Perhaps it is the roughness of oud that I am smelling. Of all the oud perfumes tested, this one is wearable (for me) because the oud is not that prominent. It just lends some oiliness to the aroma.
Is it wearable ? Yes. With a leather jacket outfit, ready to ride a motorcycle. There is something tough about this scent.
Note that all of the Bond No. 9 have an energetic "leitmotiv" like the houses of Guerlain or Caron have their particular theme.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Sherapop's review is pretty much right on the money. The opening of this is a little harsh to say the least, but just as Natt and Sherapop said, this evolves into a scent similar to New Your Oud, with a serious saffron note, and a lovely rose, except this has the amber and also very noticeable myrrh and benzoin, giving it a little more of a masculine feel. I don't think I would even wear this juice, though I am a fan of amber, and I would even say I prefer the New York Oud to this. A nice complex sniff, but nothing for me to rush out and buy. Even if you love Amber, try this scent before blind buying.

I decided to compare Bond no 9 NEW YORK AMBER with HARRODS AMBER tonight and have confirmed that the former is a stronger solution of the latter. Both offer a somewhat sharp presentation of amber, with a bitter quality that persists through to the drydown. Both open with a bang.

The first time I wore HARRODS AMBER, I felt that it was an extremely boozy fragrance and wasn't that excited about the overall composition. When I applied NEW YORK AMBER earlier today, the opening was startling and even a tiny bit turpentine-like. However, after a few moments the volatile components waft away leaving a fairly potent and complex amber layer.

However, this is not smooth and caramel-like amber à la Hermès AMBRE NARGUILE (which I love...). I find these Bond ambers closer to ANNE PLISKA but less spicy and more sharp and somehow surfacey. The notes overlap quite a bit with NEW YORK OUD (to my nose, primarily a saffron-rose perfume), which I would definitely choose over these two more masculine-leaning ambers.

I don't think that this composition (at either concentration) is bad, but it's not my personally favorite presentation of amber--a bit too abrupt and rough-edged for my tastes. People vary a lot when it comes to oriental perfumes, so it probably goes without saying: try before you buy!

Scentrist
Scentrist

It turns out that the difference with New York Amber and Harrods Amber is concentration (30% vs. 18% in Harrods). The combination of myrrh, rose, oud and saffron in addition to the rich amber makes this a very interesting, very unisex, and very wearable amber that has fantastic longevity, superb projection, and a very calming musk dry down.

The benzoin projects well off the skin, and the nutmeg does add that certain depth that combined with pepper adds the right balance of spice to the combination. I agree with the prior reviewer on it's luxurious feel right from the opening, but the comparison I would make is to New York Oud since there are some shared elements between the two. I'm wearing both at the moment, and the combination of the two shows a certain signature shared between the fragrances that seems unique to Bond's pure perfumes.

Excellent job done on this, quite the right elements and concentrations for an Amber that makes a very elegant and warming statement.

I really don't rememeber what Herrods Amber smells like, but I am pretty sure it's bot much different from one another. For New York Amber, I can say that this one reminds me of the Bond No.9 Signature perfume and a tiny bit of New York Oud when it comes down to sweet oriental Oud woody base, but there is a lot of floral action going on here, especially jasmine ( and spiced saffron) Benzoin is quite pronounced too with warm and rich feel. The scent is so nice and luxurious. Try it and you may be hooked like I am.

New York Amber by Bond No 9 3.55 out of 5 based on 182 ratings and 54 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 New York Amber fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 New York Amber, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify New York Amber by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of New York Amber by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.