Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

New York Patchouli Bond No 9 for women and men

New York Patchouli Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

New York Patchouli by Bond No 9 is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women and men. New York Patchouli was launched in 2013. Top notes are bergamot, rose water and litchi; middle notes are patchouli, lily and lilac; base notes are amber, sandalwood, musk and atlas cedar.

Bergamot Rose Water Litchi

Patchouli Lily Lilac

Amber Sandalwood Musk Atlas Cedar

New York Patchouli Fragrance Reviews

ilovewoodsy
ilovewoodsy

I was wearing this today, and a coworker asked what it was. He remarked it reminded him of Drakar. I think he meant it as a compliment?

To my nose this is Bond No.9 (The self titled signature fragrance) that slightly tepid sweetness, book-ended by fresh top notes and woody base notes.

I have to say as someone who owns the Perfume version of the signature (basically the same as the original but stronger and with the addition of Oud) I can't say I entirely dislike the smell. However, there's one crucial difference here and it's not what I'd expected (the addition of Patchouli) but a distinctly horrifying smell.
I have a whopping 4 vials of this (obviously not a popular sample) and I had thought that it may have been a reaction with the plastic wrapper. You know? Those bon bon sweetie wrappers that the samples come in. I had struggled to remove the vial from the wrapper and some of the dye stuff came off on my hands and had this horrible pissy smell.
I thought to myself I hope that's not the perfume!
Unfortunately It was. Yes New York patchouli actually smells like the back streets of New York City, Urine and all. Just as you take in the sugary sweetness and generic 'Bond accord' a split second later it is soured with a sharp, metallic musk and what can only be described as a pissy smell. I hate to be crude...but there it is.
The only remarkable thing about New York Patchouli is that there's no trace of patchouli in it! No hippie herbaceous dirt, or thick, creamy chocolate. Maybe that could be the piss smell, a metallic sharpness when interacting with citrus and cedar...who knows? What is known is that something is really wrong with this fragrance.
Maybe some people can't smell that? Or like it? Nobody else has mentioned it in comments...could it be the humble Lychee causing such offence?
I really don't know but I could never wear this awful concoction. Like most stinkers, when you don't want them to have great performance...they inevitably do.

beyazgölge
beyazgölge

nothing special İMO. it is a fresh bergamot fragrance. it is not in class of Bond no9

master81
master81

Love this juice, in the opening it reminds me of aqua di gio that sweet lemony scent, I smell sweet lemons, rose water is amazing, and light flowers. this frag on me lasts 24 hours, and projects for 18 hours.

Upper East Side
Upper East Side

I'm not sure why this fragrance is getting so many dislikes. It combines cool and warm freshness. This is sporty yet sophisticated. And this lasts and projects well.

jtd
jtd

Thanks to a tiny beauty supply store near me that stocks the line, I've had the chance to sample many of the perfumes in the Bond no 9 line at my leisure over the past few years. Having done so, I feel safe saying that I don't like the Bond no 9 line very much.

The first perfume I tried from the line was Chinatown. I bought it, love it and wear it to this day.  Exceptional perfume.  Since Chinatown, I've tried many others. Silver Factory is interesting (same perfumer, Aurélien Guichard). A portion of the line is innocuous and costs a lot. The bulk smell bad and cost a lot.

New York Patchouli falls somewhere between the latter two categories.  Top notes, innocuous. A hint of butterscotch, a large dose of root beer a bit of patchouli.  Heart notes and dry down, a slender helping of Bond-ade, the house note and a heat mirage-like shimmer of cream soda. The Oriental is certainly nothing new in perfumery. The more recent gourmand/Oriental is similarly not untried.  New York Patchouli is nothing new in perfumery, but specifically is nothing innovative in a line composed mostly of gourmand/Orientals. In this case, NY Patch skips the earthy, cold, dusty aspects of patchouli and focus on its upper register, which coincides with Bond's 'house' note.

Name aside, Bond-ade is the key note in New York Patchoulu. I've written about Bond-ade in previous Bond reviews. To summarize, it is a woody-amber-based lingering note somewhere between gourmand and resinous. It combines a shrillness with vertigo and is difficult to tolerate in sustained exposure. New York Patchouli has a smaller portion of this note than many others in the line.  It smells more like fruity hairspray than motion-sickness.

Christ. I just read that last sentence. While writing it, in my head I was trying to say something nice about this perfume. Apparently I don’t have the wherewithal.

I'll leave it at that.

ippo_
ippo_

This is a really solid frag. It's not exceptional, and that's ok. This scent is light and fluffy for the most part, with a remainder of spicy/woody. Spray into your hair and clothes for maximum effect. One can wear this everyday, especially during the day. If you're looking for a cozy daytime scent that will make everyone you come in contact with want to stand a little closer to you, this is the scent. It won't knock your socks off, it will run its fingers through your hair and maybe give you a nice hug.

Shoota#1

Update: Got a ton of compliments today on this one. Wow this one lasted a full 8hrs on me. Ladies loved this one! It will set you back around $260 - $330. I love my samples for now but definitly full bottle worthy.

perfume243
perfume243

$$
$$

This is almost identical to n.y. musk same freshness same musky scent this just has a micro amount of patchouli inside.Not sure if I'm in to this one but its not all that bad i might get it just to say i have it.

srt33
srt33

not at all what I expected. a very light, soft patchouli. I get more musk and rose than anything. little citrus, don't get as much as other seem to. I also get a lot of the lily. feels very soapy

Laurdess
Laurdess

Dirty Hippie smell to me.

Francop
Francop

New York Patchouli by Bond No. 9

Retro! Retro! Retro Masculine! But Where is the Patchouli?

This scent is a recreation of what barber shop scents used to be like in the 80's.

The start is very fresh, with citrus, ginger and cardamon notes. There is already a masculine wintry dusty quality to it; think hats, coats, gloves and dark clothing attire. Is there already a bit of leather peeking through?

The heart is full of strong musk that will envelope you for ages. This note will then become the main note in the drydown along with possibly moss with some hints of leather.

The Longevity and projection are good.

I would describe this scent as a Fougere, not as Oriental.

I would have called it New York Musk!

Pros: Not a gourmand for Bond !

Cons: Cheap recycled glass bottle and sticker. Packaging is also cheap at Astronomical Bond Prices. Very similar to Loewe pour homme Sport at a fraction of the price.

cylence627
cylence627

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance. I always receive compliments every time I wear it. One of the best Bonds in my opinion. Last over 18 hours on my skin. If you can, get your nose on this beauty.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Very nice with a touch of sweet patchouli,but it seems very familiar smell from somewhere.

yoki johnson
yoki johnson

Although this may be targeted more for men I love it and I agree Caist this is def Bond and I love it along with Harrods Oud Patchouli, Agarwood, and the Holiday for 2013! I don't mind paying for it as long as it last and its something different from the mainstream. Looking for some new fragances any suggestions..I have dryer skin so I generally don't do anything that's not an eau de perfume...

Realtra
Realtra

I really like this fragrance! Three words that immediately come to mind are: fresh, girly, and clean. However, this is damn expensive so I will have to survive off the ones I already have. Thank goodness for samples!

Shoota#1

This is a good one gents. I received a ton of compliments on this fragrance. Many women wanted to know the name of this scent because they wanted their guy to smell like me until the price came up. Def will get this bad boy for Valentines day!!! This one has good longevity and the scent is so fresh and so clean.

rogson
rogson

Where is the patchouli!! Nice enough general fragrance. Smells pretty fresh with the ginger and musk but there is an obnoxious kind of sour, dusty or powdery scent shortly after the opening that I don't care for. The dry down is just okay, nothing great. ho-hum.

Caist
Caist

F-R-E-S-H/ pristine/ soft with radiance.

Definitely smells like a Bond

The intensity is for sure bold, but I actually like the longevity for it being so fresh. This launch was the latter of "Scent of Peace for Him" and in my opinion the two have the same texture, and fresh-feel,(but layer very nicely over each other for a Bergamot/Juniper) This fragrance trails very nicely, haven't yet received a bad compliment. If you do not blend the Bond No.9 fragrances you're missing out, (I love a line that blend) The New York Patchouli makes a great catalyst if you're going for a long-wearing fresh combination such as throwing any of these fragrances from the line over it.

-Fire Island (smoothes it with Neroli)
-Scent of Peace (if you want to tame the Berg.)
-Sag Harbor (to sweeten the citrus bite)

or hell, throw some 'Juicy on that B**** and call yourself creative.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 New York Patchouli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bond No 9 New York Patchouli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify New York Patchouli by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of New York Patchouli by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.