Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

Perfumista Avenue Bond No 9 for women

Perfumista Avenue Bond No 9 for women
dislike

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the house, Bond No9. Is launching a new fragrance named Bond No.9 Perfumista Avenue which arrives on the market on September 15th 2013. Its metallic pink flacon is embellished with logos of the brand of Bond No9 in golden color attracts attention with a blend of spices and fruit, intoxicating flowers and woody-oriental aromas.

Perfumista Avenue was created with the idea of uniting East Side, West Side and Manhattan, with a composition in which the intense notes of plums are supported by fine gourmet spices. Vivid union of elegance of the Upper East Side, cultural facilities of the Upper West Side, dynamism and energy that the center of town exudes with a bohemian spirit that characterizes the region from the center to the edges of the city, will be depicted with a shift of layers in the composition. Its opening is gourmet spicy; the heart is intense, lush and floral, while the base notes reflect the elegant blend of wood, musk and tea flavors. Fusion of notes of the new fragrance that celebrates the 10th anniversary of the brand literally reflects the city streets and blocks highlighting the diversity of styles, architecture, people and facilities.

Top notes provide a spicy mix of artemisia, plum, saffron and nutmeg. The heart emphasizes floral notes composed of rose oil, rose water, peony and jasmine, resting on a warm base of amber, patchouli, musk and mate. Bond No9. Perfumista Avenue will be available as 50 and 100ml EDP, but also in limited bottles created especially for holidays, embellished with precious Swarovski crystals.

Nutmeg Saffron Artemisia Plum

Moment de Bonheur

Perfumista Avenue Fragrance Reviews

mqkm
mqkm

Strong, weird (Amber, rose etc.) not for me.

dammy214
dammy214

I have a 3.40z full bottle of this for sale or swap,message me if you are interested.

oktober
oktober

Wow! The first Bond No.9 perfume that I like. :)

Ok... yes, it is a bit similar to Roses Musk. :)

"Perfumista avenue" :) yes, well, I can imagine a perfumista criticizing Roses Musk, saying in what ways it could be better, what notes could improve everthing, what other perfumes smell similar but better, etc

It's such an improvement here, I tell you, if you test Perfumista Avenue, you'll throw Roses Musk off the window.

P.A. is much more lush and fruity, pushed to almost a gourmand ground, yet it's fresh, with just the right spiciness, and the patchouli doesn't cover the composition, you mostly find it in the basenotes supporting the flowers a little more.

And the sillage and lasting power are great, a perfumista would also want that. And no weird wilted/rubbery/sour/bitter or whatever bad "patches" in the evolution, it behaves well from top to bottom. Another thing a perfumista will notice and appreciate. :))

Basically, the name is right. Guys, is you have a girlfriend or a wife who collects perfumes, get her this, you'll surprise and flatter her in a very good way.

BeOrtega
BeOrtega

another trip down bond no 9s perfume line

i can say I’m a fan of this house even tho they aren’t always a hit but when they are you know your smelling like a million bucks

i was given a sample of perfumista avenue when i purchased a few of their candles and to my surprise it was listed as a women scent but me being a daring/confident guy i thought why not give it a go since its not a typical smelling women’s scent

the initial opening of this dirty/dark rose scent was fresh and modern yet still felt like a throw back to yesteryear i think it initially appealed to me since it kind of reminds me of tom ford - noir d noir but without the heavy side of that scent

its distinctive musky/patchouli accord that you get throughout the middle and part of the dry down is what this scent is all about and to my opinion thats where this one truly shines

i found longevity to be moderate and projection to be above average even tho i only applied very little one can only imagine how this would last and project if i did my usual 3 sprays so go light on the trigger or else this may get very heady

to conclude i found this scent to be sexy and id love to smell it on a women but for me its not exactly a hit id rather stick to my noir d noir when looking for a dark/dirty rose scent

but if your a male and still want to try it out i suggest going with a light spray

on to the next

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

FOR ROSE LOVERS AND PERFUMISTAS

I'm crossing my fingers my perfumista friend remembered that in August for my birthday party I said oh I wish I could have Perfumista Avenue Bond perfume and Brooklyn. If she remembered I should be getting those fragrances for Christmas and I will be reviewing them in January after I've had enough time to wear them. I spray tested sampled Perfumista Avenue and loved it for an entire day. That whole day all I could smell was roses. These are old fashioned old timey but realistic roses and devoid of the harsh chemicals of TEA ROSE by Perfumer's Worskshop which I now use as room spray. I love soft but real roses. My current favorite soft realistic rose is HISTORIAE'S ROSE DE FRANCE which is an absolute rose dream. This is heady and sweet and has additional notes I like like plum, saffron, jasmine, peony and patchouli. I know for a fact as a nose and perfumer that the pairing of peony and rose is a winning combination. It makes it heady but not cloying, sweet, fragrant and very nice. It's absolute rose that you want though and not a synthetic imitation rose (like you'd find in the current formula in Bal a Versailles which continues to sell for God knows what reason and at a ridiculous high price tht isn't worth it). I do love the absolute rose in this fragrance. It's too beautiful and sexy for me to spray it in the house so I'll wear it myself as an alternate fragrance to Historiae's Rose de France. I love the concept of this fragrance as it's all New York City landmarks/locations I'm a New Yorker and would love to explore this fragrance line. Please Santa I want Brooklyn and Perfumista Avenue for Christmas!

corolle
corolle

Absolutely beautiful scent. I am not a fan of Bond's perfumes, but this is special. It's not simple scent and it's playing on your skin with a specter of colors and shades. It's bright and never stops to open new scent notes on your skin. Playful, bright, deep feminine. This scent is for beautiful woman with extraordinary thinking. This scent is a true art. It brings you to a different level of thinking. This scent not for everybody, but for creative people, who see the world not a black and white, but in rainbow colors only.

christianne1
christianne1

A rose lover's paradise! This has an industrial strength level of deep pink rose, starts off fresh but ends up very earthy and musky. Very similar to Roses Musk by Montale. The plum makes it a bit jammy and the saffron gives it that heavenly effect. Rose, saffron, plum, patchouli and musk....how can you go wrong? I'm baffled by the dislike. It has to be coming from people who don't care too much for rose. Or at least not rose dominance. And this is packed full of rose. Which is exactly why I love it! This is a real wow for me!

Perfumista Avenue is by far one of the prettiest bottles from the Bond No. 9 range. Its shiny purpley-pink bottle stood out from a mile away and drew me to it instantly.

I must admit that while I enjoy the scent as equally as I do the bottle, it's nothing particularly outstanding. If anything Perfumista Avenue smells like many other rose-patchouli fragrances, mainly those on the niche market. I find it quite similar in fact to Lubin's Black Jade, a scent I already own and love.

The red rose note is the most dominant accord in Perfumista Avenue. It's a hard-hitter from top to base. Patchouli brings up the rear adding that potent green and masculine kick. There's something a little Agent Provocateur about this fragrance as well.

Rose, patchouli, saffron and plum appear to be the only notes that emerge on my skin. To my nose Perfumista Avenue smells very sexy and bold, however the complexity seems to be lacking. You do tend to tire of the countless rose-patchouli scents currently flooding the market after a while, and I'm probably suffering from rose-patchouli fatigue as I write this.

When I want a rich, sensual rose I must admit that I'd choose either West Side or Harrods Rose to satisfy my cravings over and above this scent. As glad as I am to have tried it, I can easily live without it.

lotus and jasmine
lotus and jasmine

LOVE THIS!

Seriously, a beautiful, perfect, full rose scent, just magnificent. Now I'll grant you, not everyone likes true rose notes, but this is wonderful. PA contains attar of rose (rose oil) and rose water, and as a result, displays the full range of the rose, from the deep, dark, pungent, velvety attar to the bright, light, sharp scent of the water. Plum supports the dark end of the spectrum, while nutmeg highlights the brighter end, lending a contrast. Bitter herbal artemisia opens the scent, but the bitterness in the heart is saffron, and much like in cooking, that bitter note highlights the sweeter aspects of the rose, which otherwise is achingly dark and dense at times.

This is not a "red" rose- this is the true rose scent of original roses, the deep pink, naturally occurring scent rose that grew across Europe before people started breeding roses for specific characteristics, and the scent was lost in the hybrids. It is not a girly scent, or even a feminine scent. This is a true rose, deep, strong, dark, lush, heady, epic in it's intensity and longevity, it'll sink it's hooks into you, and everyone who smells you. It's not the tidy floral "pink" rose either, PA is very much a grungy dark rose, dirty, full of attitude, trending towards joy, irrepressible and irreverent. You wear this one with tats and denim, not taffeta and lace, and definitely not with a suit!

If you've never smelled a true rose, test this. BUT---if you are shy about other people noticing your scent, if you do not like to stand out, I recommend that you not wear this. It will attract attention! It will make you want to misbehave, flip people off, and laugh with abandon, loudly, often, not caring who notices.

Completely intoxicating and wonderful.

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

To each his own BUT I undoubtedly loved this fragranced at first sniff.

The scent of spice and saffron...absolutely unique and enticing to my senses !
That day that I was shopping for the nth time for the firsts Bond 9 fragrance at Bloomingdales... I tried most of the spicy fragrances, as I really cannot be paying almost $400 for another floral fragrance.

The NY Oud was going to be it....or the Signature Fragrance. Then something on the display caught my eye. The BIG flashing pink bottle.

I just had to try it on. The lady at the counter was slightly afraid I might not like it, I think. She sprayed it on my arm and asked me to walk around for a little bit and come back.

I was fascinated !

That night I asked my sister who loves Indian food if she would like to smell like saffron. She said saffron does not have any smell, I told her but they use saffron in Indian food to make it smell good. Like cumin and cardamom.

I give this perfume 10 starts. It lasts long on the skin and just a couple of spritzed works wonders !

llburris
llburris

All I can say is that first spray from a tester I was in LOVE. I got the oud vibe first and foremost which I love. It's settling so perfectly.... I don't care if it's too loud for some people. I will wear it when I go out and feel amazing! MAJOR splurge but I couldn't stop myself!

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Una colata di rose marce macerate in acqua calda, pesantissima, soffocante...Una rosa priva di brio, di freschezza, di spezie, di patchouli. Priva di gioia.
Una rosa deprimente, vecchiotta.
E poi ad un prezzo stratosferico.
Mi dispiace ma proprio NO.

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

To my nose, this perfume does not smell anything like its listed notes. On first spray, my first thought was "chemicals," and not the scented kind... More like bleach, maybe with some herbs thrown into it. I know I make this sound like a bad thing... And I have to admit, I don't think I really loved the effect... But I could actually see this potentially working as a masculine. Really, I'm kind of surprised that this isn't listed as such and marketed in a less feminine bottle.

Four hours later, Perfumista Avenue is starting to smell much better, and I am finally glimpsing the rose, plum, and saffron. It would've been nice if these notes had made their appearance earlier! Alas, I probably will not be trying this scent again to find out if they ever will on my skin.

krsams1
krsams1

Forget all the Bond haters because this stuff is GREAT! Every time I wear this I get tons of compliments and women cannot stop themselves from smelling me. Straight BEAST mode on projection and sillage. Again, let the Bond haters hate, but as a true wearer I say buy it now.

When I layer with Signature and New York Oud it's even more incredible.

rockegg
rockegg

It took me right back to the hospital clinic where I used to be taken for vaccinations when I was a child. That horrible memory persisted through the dry down and lasted almost an hour when it finally mutated into something pleasant and wearable, more or less. But I don't care if it turned into the sweet odor of heaven itself. It started out like a frightening memory of childhood. I wore the perfume, Mommy, can I please get ice cream now?

Whit
Whit

I requested a sample of this with one of my recent orders. It's definitely not for me!

Firstly, it takes FOREVER to develop on my skin; for an hour, all I smell is alcohol. As it starts to settle, I can catch small nuances of rose and saffron but all the other notes seem to be competing with one another. Sadly though, by the time it settles, I can barely smell it! Whaaaaa!! Bond is hit or miss with me; some of their creations I absolutely love and don't mind the price, but others not so much. Perfumista Avenue is a bit of a disappointment for me, but if you love a more subdued aroma, then try it. Honestly though, there are better rose scents out there for a lesser price, so my advice would be to try before you buy. Sorry Bond, Perfumista Avenue is a total miss with me.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

This is very familiar to me. I could have sworn I got oud in the opening, but it must be the thick Montale-esque rose here, associative with oud, that's playing tricks. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought this was a Montale creation. I like it, but I wish I got more of the saffron and plum. Thank you, Amy777 for this purse spray swap! I'm happy to be able to try this. And the purse spray is beautiful.

AlaskaWomanTwo
AlaskaWomanTwo

Had a sample, tried it today. Perhaps it had something wrong, but the only thing I could smell was a cloud of alcohol. Made me sneeze, and the dog sneezed a lot. He's used to me trying scents (very little stays with me). Never smelled the rose and patchouli, which disappointed me. It was gone within a couple of hours.

Having read the reviews, I'm going to get another sample and try again. This should have stayed with me, musk and Amber and Jasmine, patchouli and rose, love them. Missed them here.

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

Oh boy here we go...

I will start off by saying this is undoubtedly my favorite Bond No. 9 perfume. Ever. I have 25 bottles of Bond at the moment and nothing comes close to this upper class rose based perfume.

Upon first spray and look straight at the spot you sprayed Perfumista Ave on you can notice it's extremely highly concentrated. This stuff sprays on very oily. It's pure perfume and its price reflects that. This stuff is extremely potent. So potent in fact....on my skin it exceeds 24 hours. Projection is radioactive and the sillage is crazy. People will know you were there....this stuff lingers in the air for quite sometime.

Top notes I get this combination of a plummy rose mixed with saffron. The dry down is where this perfume really shines. It gets even more intense as the noticable patchouli and musk intertwine with the rose. The dry down to me is just pure artistry. Women and surprisingly men compliment me and ask me what I have on. Never had I have someone (my coworker) sniff me throughout the day and tell me the noticeable evolution Perfumista Ave is going through on my skin. The dry down is really where you will garner all the attention. This is not for the meek or unsociable.

This is Bond at its top form. If you can afford Bond's asking price....the reaction from people and random people on the street will tell you the power of this beautiful perfume. I cannot recommend this one enough.

Realtra
Realtra

So Nordstrom sent my sister a sample of the new fragrances for Bond No. 9. This one was in the pack. After I sprayed this, I realized that it is definitely not for me. My sister agrees that this isn't on her list either. At first it reminded me of nature, like ultra super fresh to the point where your nose is so open nature, aka not the flattering kind (A weird description I know, but that is what came to mind). Then my sis brought up the fact that it reminded her of a doctors office. I can definitely see that. I thought to let it sit longer to give it a chance, and it unfortunately did not better.

Kankuro
Kankuro

Perfumista Avenue is a fabulous new addition to the Bond range. The opening gives you a fresh burst of my beloved "Bond Mille et une Rose Accord". It's the kind of rose that only Bond achieved yet. It is also present in West Side, New York Oud, New York Amber and also a bit in Bryant Park and Broadway Nite. It's this modern but yet sensual and classy kind of rose. Not dusty, not grimly, not green but not red either. It's a pink and plushy rose, that seems to glow without being vulgar. I just love this accord Anyway, Perfumista Avenue opens up with the mentioned rose accord and also a noticeable amount of saffron and the famous plum note, wich we can find in a lot of Bonds lately, it seems to be a favorite note of Laurice Rahmé. But, as always, it works. It's not as strong as in Andy Warhol or Manhattan, but lends a nice and soft juiciness in the background. Initially, Perfumista Avenue shares many similarities with New York Oud. Both contain Rose, Saffron, Plum, Patchouli and Musk. The oud and the sweetnes of the honey is missing in Perfumista Avenue. Therefore, it smells more floral and clean than NY Oud. The initial burst of rose and saffron gets softer during the heart note, the sweetness gets a bit more prominent, mixing with a slight amount of other floral notes. They're really quiet, never stealing the spotlight from the Queen of the Flowers (the Rose). What I like a lot about this phase of development is the clean vibe. Some may say, clean fragrances are boring. Let me tell you: PA is clean, but far from boring! Some slightly spicy notes lurk in the background, velvet like in texture, they sneak up from behind, like an elegant black panther by night. It's subtle, but just enough to give this fragrance some "je ne sais quoi". Seems to be a great fragrance? It is! But there is more to see (uhm, smell). The base features quite a bit of patchouli, not dirty or musty, but clean and slightly earthy. Together with the remaining rose aroma, Perfumista Avenue develops a nice chypre accord. A clean, rosy chypre accord. The lasting power is excellent, as is the sillage. A powerful fragrance, worthy to be the 10th anniversary fragrance from Bond No. 9!

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

I agree with Jasminalia, Bond No 9 has gone crazy with their prices. I just smell Perfumista and even when my wife and I LOVE it, I think 350dlls plus tax is just too much for any perfume, this house makes Creed look like a bargain!!

Scout
Scout

In the 80s I had a black leather jacket. I could have sworn this is what I smelled like when I wore Anais and that jacket. But this has a giant rose on top, and mate at the bottom. I drink a lot of mate, so its familiarity rings out at me. I'll bet guys could layer this with a more masculine scent and get away with it. It's definitely a fragrance with competing tones, not like the usual Bond roses.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Much too expensive!
This brand is going nuts with the price of their scents.

angel57

Love this latest fragrance from Bond No. 9! For those of you who have read my previous reviews, I'm definitely a spicy and fruity fragrance woman. On me, personally, the rose isn't overpowering; just enough to work with my body chemistry. One of the great sales associates from Saks suggested some combinations with this delicious scent. I currently wear it with the Bond No. 9 Manhattan body cream, and believe me, it is simply DIVINE! Whenever I wear this combo, I get numerous compliments!

beth54
beth54

I am not fortunate enough to have tried that many Bond 9 fragrances due to finances. A kind swapper sent me her deluxe sample of this and I sprayed some on this afternoon just to try something different-expecting more of the same rose type fragrance. I was blown away! It's a wonderful fragrance for rose lovers-even for people who just enjoy a good rose fragrance on occasion. I would dearly love to own more of this! It was something I would love to own, but it will be a long time before I can save enough to own a FB of this!

HAL9000
HAL9000

Reminded me of Noir de Noir (Tom Ford) on contact, but more piercing/cloying vs round, rose not as full-bodied or dark vs TF. Still nice, but sharper around the edges, esp on the top, but mid was also more pungent than I care for. Dropped down to base on me within 15 mins, leaving me with a muddle. Honestly, not even close to TF for roughly the same money.

DahliaX
DahliaX

If you wanna smell like stale urine and pay 350$ go ahead,totaly hated it!

Tovah
Tovah

I LOVE Perfumista Avenue! On me it feels like a combination of Lady Vengeance and Cabaret de Gris, but it haunts with hints of Voleur de Roses. This fragrance seems especially beautiful to me, but anyone who reads my reviews here knows I adore rose fragrances. Perfumista Avenue smells like a classic Chrysler Imperial Rose (launched the same year as the car, but clearly proved the more popular of the two). Perfumista Avenue is green, and sweetly plummy, with hints of peony. I don't think this smells much at all like any recent Bond releases. If you enjoyed the severely underrated Cabaret de Gris you must try Perfumista Avenue. I am thrilled with Perfumista Avenue, however, and I think the name is adorable. This perfume is classic, elegant, rich, and sensuous. Fantastic lasting power as well.

LJernegan
LJernegan

Bond sent me a sample. I don't like it. It reminds me of an old fashioned rose with something spicy. I think if you like rose perfumes, you should try it. Unfortunately, I don't.

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

Ah, their 10th Anniversary only. - So this newest one must mean it's probably about their 1000th release so far. :D - I mean from the mass amount of 'fumes they've released already one might easily presume they'd been around for rather a good century or so at least. ...
Basically, I'd suggest they really should leave some of their trial frags back in the lab unreleased, rather than bottling every single blend they come up with (& all the variations between too). As is, too many of their frags already smell like only slight variations of already previously released ones.
So, even as much as I might luv one of their 'fumes, I'm just NOT going to allow myself to be one adding to this woman's (I bet already more than well swollen) coffers - sorry ! I'd just much rather reserve my pennies for those smaller, authentic artisan (i.e. true niche) labels, which IMO are just substantially more deserving !

lazuli
lazuli

Reminds me of Marni with a touch of Bond no.9 Musk. Marni is better and less expensive.

yantestrs
yantestrs

Rose and patchouli.

harlemmal
harlemmal

Smelled this today and it reminded me of Montale's intense cafe in the drydown. A lot of rose

angel57

Simply delicious. I was given samples from a Bond No. 9 representative at Saks. I want this fragrance and the body cream! She also told me what other Bond fragrances I could mix this with. I'm going to love experimenting!

Caist
Caist

Seductive, succulent plum-rose, velvet-finale

The fragrance IS different, it's a nice cross between NY Amber's dry-down and crackle/ with the soft rose oil that doesn't go funeral home. I'm in love with it's conclusion, it's actually not feminine on me! I love the mood of Declaration D' un Soir, but this fragrance has that energy of a true Bond No.9. I would guarantee compliments with this one, and highly recommend it for fall and winter, and a summer evening wear.

Try it on and let it choose you, because if it warms up on you- boom, you're going to smell hot.

Scentrist
Scentrist

Just tried it -- it'll be available in September, pricing will mimic their full perfumes (approx $330 US for 100ml). I wish I could say I felt it was significantly different than other Bond offerings, but the initial impression is that it's not. Meaning: If you like New York Musk or Bond No 9 Perfume, you might tolerate Perfumista Avenue because they feel remarkably similar in notes and composition regardless of what's listed.

Someone's bound to be wild about this, but I wasn't overwhelmed by it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Perfumista Avenue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Perfumista Avenue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Perfumista Avenue by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Perfumista Avenue by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.