Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

Queens Bond No 9 for women and men

Queens Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

tuberose
Queens Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures Queens Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

The new fragrance of the New York-themed collection is dedicated to Queens and will be available from September 2014, as announced by Laurice Rahmé, founder and owner of Bond No. 9

Bond No.9 Queens is also inspired by Queen Catherine of Braganza, the wife of King Charles II of England. “It’s very important for us to celebrate the world since Bond No. 9 is a New York brand and we are now marketed in 36 countries,” said Rahmé. “So the mission statement [for the brand] was to take New York fragrances to the world.”

The new fragrance is signed by IFF perfumer Laurent Le Guernec and is designed as a unisex tuberose! It opens with notes of bergamot, cardamom and blackberries, which are followed by tuberose, champaca flowers and osmanthus in the heart. The base combines sandalwood, benzoin, musk and amber.

The fragrance comes in a purple bottle of 50ml and 100ml EDP, accompanied by body care lotion of 200ml. On the flacon is a gold rendering of the 1964 World’s Fair Unisphere representing the theme of global interdependence.

Bergamot Blackberry Cardamom

Tuberose Champaca Osmanthus

Sandalwood Benzoin Musk Amber

Armani Prive Rouge Malachite
Le Male Terrible

Queens Fragrance Reviews

dmetzger
dmetzger

This was not the dark smokey tuberose I was expecting with the other notes but rather a light flirty kind with the Osmanthus really shining. All the spices seem lost to me and while the blackberry seems prominent on my skin, there is virtually no projection :0/ it smells very "white and pink". I could see some uses for it but not enough to buy a 100ml

micavana
micavana

The opening of Queens instantly transports me back to being a young boy on a warm summer day in the local park. I am drinking a large glass of grape Kool-Aid. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the flowers are in bloom, the sounds of people in the park fill my ears. Life is simple, fun and uncomplicated.

The fruity, syrupy sweet scent of the Grape Kool-Aid, paired with the blooming flowers, matches what I get out the opening of Queens.

4 hours in Queens settles down a bit, becomes a tad bit more mellow on my skin, but it is still sweet and fruity with a little white floral. After 6 hours the Kool-Aid impression starts to wear off and the scent rounds out into a pleasant, sweet floral scent.

I get good projection and great longevity on my skin.

Bottom line: If you like floral heavy scents, or have a hankering for Kool-Aid nostalgia, this one is worth a sample.

dgus82
dgus82

I love this. I am not a super sweat heavy floral fan. Something about this is amazing. I love how this scent is strong and does have a grapeiness. One of my favorite bonds. I am not a Chinatown fan but I do get the comparison of the two. Whether you are a fan of Chinatown or not it's worth it.

oskark
oskark

I don't know what to say about this scent at all. It was honestly a rushed buy, because my friend took me to the store in SoHo, and convinced me to buy this for my birthday, of course with my own money, maybe that's why i have a bad impression from the start. I was smelling all kind of smell there so by the time i finished i wasn't sure what i am buying anymore.
I can't say that i like it, because i am not. Bu i can't say either that i hate the smell either. Just simply no emotions at all. I wouldn't say that this is a unisex, for my taste is a clean feminine scent. I only get compliments from females, they say it's a sweet and nice fragrance.
On the other side, when it comes to longevity i would say more than 12 hours. You can smell it in your nose the whole time, it's a little bit too much i think but because it's EDP.
I oly smell flowers here, can't say that i smell any fruit.

Edit: i need to add this is much better on spring weather. I get compliments that its a nice sweet smell. I guess i needed to give this smell a little time.

pravda48
pravda48

On my skin I was surprised at how apparent the sandalwood and cardamom are, seeing how low others rated them. Starts with a big syrupy sunny burst of tuberose (and what I thought was ylang ylang) floral richness. The other florals start to make themselves apparent after the strength of the initial blast cools down in typical Bond style. This group of syrupy florals - osmanthus, champaca, and a candied tuberose - form almost a single note blended with benzoin to me. On top and throughout it keeps this lovely creamy sweet cardamom and sandalwood. It's strong, but somehow doesn't overwhelm me. It's very bright and happy smelling to me.

Well blended, awesome bottle, feminine and playful while avoiding just screaming "FLORAL!!" at passersby 6 feet away. Two thumbs up!

archivist
archivist

I loathe tuberose. Like... A lot. Probably more than any other note in perfumery. But this is actually really pleasant, because it smells like grape hyacinth (Muscari armeniacum) to me - very sweet and very musky, even though I know it's technically tuberose to the max. I wouldn't wear it, but it's nice to learn that there is a tuberose scent that doesn't turn me green at the gills with nausea.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

This is definitely a berry filled tuberose! I have probably tested all of the Bond 9's but this one and Chinatown are the only two that I own because I find them outstanding. I give credit to the house for all the outrageous scents that they have developed and even more credit to those who can pull them off! As for me the two I mentioned are the most captivating for my tastes. SPRAY ON MY FRIENDS♡

tophcam
tophcam

A slightly smoky grape white floral. Feels very syrupy and masculine, in a feminine way.

I don't get tuberose in a Diptyque Do Son kind of way, but I certainly think the osmanthus is the flower that's begging for the attention, and the musk in the heart of the fragrance is pushing it forward even more.

The scent stays in your nose even after you smell it and it kind of doesn't want to leave - which is great if you like the fragrance.

I feel neutral to it - part of me wants to vomit, the other part of me keeps wanting to smell it. I couldn't tell you if there was anything similar to it because I've never experienced the "this reminds me of" that other users are suggesting - but I think the fragrance as a whole is a departure from other oriental florals I've experienced before.

It reminds me of Renuzit air freshener, cigarette smoke, and flowers - which is, essentially, the borough of Queens in a nutshell.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Grape-y tuberose satisfaction. Masterpiece. Among Chinatown and Coney Island, but this rises to the ranks of groundbreaking new fragrance category. Unbelievable. Otherworldly perfection.

koolthing
koolthing

I like this a lot. It's definitely flowery, but never completely feminine. If there is a berry or fruit note in this, it is just a whisper. There is a slight similarity to Bond's Chinatown (tuberose?). While Chinatown doesn't do much for me, Queens is pleasant and inviting. Not overpowering (after the first hour or so) and it lasts all day in my experience. I feel comfortable, as a guy, wearing this to work.
I haven't received any compliments, but I feel like every time I wear this, people linger in my personal space. I don't know, maybe I'm imagining it. This is a great unisex fragrance that avoids the common citrus/aquatic thing altogether.

damightyheru
damightyheru

When u are in the vicinity of this scent within the first hour it envelops you. The sillage of this scent in the beginning stages fascinates. I smelled it on a friend of mine and was literally 10ft away...OUTSIDE...lol. By the 3rd hour it calmed down a lot. Its a very beautiful scent worthy of the Bond #9 Brand and I would recommend frag lovers get their noses on it. I wore La Yuqawam the same night and preferred my scent to my friends but I was very impressed by the smell and sillage of Queens. I don't own it, so I won't grade it but wanted to share my impression of it from a different angle...that of someone experiencing a great frag on someone else.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

it's a pleasant fragrance but you can get other fragrance in the same category as this for a fraction of the asking price (M By Mariah Carey, Jasmin Noir, or Mon Jasmin Noir) those spicy smoky white florals but being honest queens is to me one of the better bond offerings in a minute

queens is basically starts off with a tiny spark of tuberose (if you're familiar with tuberose fragrance oil than you're familiar with the thick sweetness welch's grape like tone tuberose has but its softened by that smoky tea like osmanthus from becoming a dramatic diva as tuberose is known to be.... the Amber and musk creates a marshmallow fluffy sweetness that warms this

this fragrance does last a long time and is quite addictive.... it's not deep woods masculine or overly feminine there's a balance.... a very sensual, and alluring scent but not as sultry as a tuberose based scent should be but in this case it's not a bad thing... smells amazing

aqua76239
aqua76239

I am not a fan of florals usually which is why probably I was not thrilled. There is a hint of tuberose, but its not full on tuberose scent. its best to be described as spicy warm floral.
I think its rather elegant and "grown up" but its not for me as I am more of a gourmand lover

Scentsofwellbeing
Scentsofwellbeing

A retro sultry spicy floral scent by Bond 9. Reminds me a lot of Mackie by Bob Mackie that came out in the 1980s. It is full of mystery, sensual florals, spicy musks, and an "in your face- you must notice me !" vibe...

A very pretty scent for women in the evening, I don't know a man could wear it though

Beauty4Ashes
Beauty4Ashes

Smells like a mash-up of a few other Bonds, namely, Harrods for Her and Chinatown. Bond releases so many few fragrances each year, I can understand they would be hard pressed to invent new scents. That being said, it is a pretty fragrance. Worth a try.

Charmianne
Charmianne

A very sensual scent. The sweetness of tuberose in the opening and the intoxicating blend of amber, sandalwood and musk in the drydown just leave me mesmerized with this new fragrance from Bond No 9. I love it and the best way I can describe it on the skin is sexy! Lasting power on me is over 8 hours.

snowtree
snowtree

Very similar to Chinatown. The ever so slight additional touch of berries, champaca, and benzoin make it a bit more powdery and softer, but the waxy tuberose is still the main player here, just like in the beautiful Chinatown. Leans on the feminine side, but I as a male wear the aforementioned happily so I will have no problem enjoying this. Definite winner!

Poivre
Poivre

I'm pretty intrigued by the idea of a Queens-inspired fragrance, seeing as how I've been a Queensite for most of my life, so far. I'm gonna get a sample when I can--a small mission for this fall.

onlineallday
onlineallday

Fianlly, they reach out to Queens. I'll definitely check this out ASAP.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Queens fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Queens, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Queens by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Queens by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.