Designers » B » Woody « Groups

Riverside Drive Bond No 9 for men

Riverside Drive Bond No 9 for men
dislike

Riverside Drive by Bond No 9 is a Woody fragrance for men. Riverside Drive was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel. The fragrance features pineapple, sandalwood, patchouli, violet, basil, oakmoss and cedar.

Pineapple Sandalwood Patchouli Violet Basil Oakmoss Cedar

Guess Night

Riverside Drive Fragrance Reviews

elisnewthing
elisnewthing

i love love love it
a must have for me in the hotter parts of the year
every time i have it on someone tells me i smell grate

jaylim87
jaylim87

Too much basil for me. Dry-down is better than the opening.

sekoujohnson
sekoujohnson

I thoroughly enjoy Riverside Drive. This scent opens up with a wet basil note that's gorgeous. The basil note holds on for the life of the fragrance, but takes a backseat to the pineapple note. The Pineapple note has a sweetness to it that I really enjoy. The best way to describe it is a pineapple that's been freshly cut. The pineapple and basil note combined with the oak moss and cedar in the base, give me a wet forrest vibe. A truly stunning fragrance. Unlike other fragrances from Bond No 9, Riverside Drive has no unisex qualities. This is a strictly masculine fragrance. For Longevity I get 8-10 hrs and Sillage is about arms length away. For season, I see Riverside Drive working best in the Spring and Summer. Overall, I really find Riverside Drive to be one of the stand out colognes from Bond No 9. I'm really glad I own a bottle.

Kain
Kain

It's a pleasant fresh fruity scent with salty aquatic feeling but to be honest, smell very generic and something that you can find for $50 on designer houses like "CK" or "Lacoste" or other brands like this.
The opening is a sharp and fresh fruity scent with some floral notes from violet and some salty aquatic feeling mixed with it.
It does have a light soapy vibe too that all together creating a pleasant and nice smell.
I can feel a bitter herbal note that gets stronger in the mid and again gets weaker in the base and based on note list, it's basil note and it's really nice.
The quality isn't that good and it's kind of synthetic but overall it's OK.
Very linear scent and you will get the same smell all the way through.
Projection is great and longevity is really good.
Personally, I don't recommend spending +200 dollars to buy this fragrance but that's all depend on you!

عطر خنک و میوه ای و شاداب و خنکی هست و بوی خوبی داره ولی بوش شبیه برندهای معمولی و متوسط حدود 200 تومنی هست و بوی خاصی نداره که بابتش 700 هزار تومن یا بیشتر پول بدی
رایحه عطر با بوی تند و تیز و کمی شور مانند میوه آناناس شروع میشه که رایحه گل وایولت کل ملایم گل بهش میده
عطر یه بوی صابونی و خنکی هم داره که در مجموع یه عطر تند و تیز و شاداب و خنک و خوشبوی میوه ای رو تشکیل میدن اما همونطور که گفتم بوش خیلی عادی و تکراری به نظر میاد
کیفیت ساخت عطر خیلی خوب نیست و بوی خیلی طبیعی نداره اما در کل بوش دلپذیره
پخش بوش خیلی خوبه و ماندگاری خوبی هم داره
در مجموع شخصا به نظر من اصلا ارزش این قیمت پول دادن رو نداره اما مهم سلیقه شماست و بودجه و جیب شما

throwbookatface
throwbookatface

Not sure why people compare this to either Cool Water or Platinum Egosite. It shares characteristics with both but people act as if these are the only citric and woody (respectively) fragrance out there. They aren't; go out and try more. Not everything with oakmoss or pine is a "rip-off" of these.

As for the fragrance, excellently done and VERY complex and non-linear. Starts off with a sharp lemonpeel citrus note that lasts a few minutes then followed by beautiful Thai basil. Many reviewers seem to have issue with this aspect so if you don't like basil, steer clear. It is then that the cedar, violet, and sandalwood start to come out as it takes on a green-woody heart. I think the sweetness of the violet and the green woods of the rest of the notes combine to make this seem aquatic.

Eventually the tangy basil and the sweet violet leaves and you're left with cedar, sandalwood, a tiny bit of oakmoss, and dry dry patchouli that is so common in many Bonds. Dry, woody, and almost papery. I don't detect the pineapple at all but last in the drydown is what I would guess is a green pineapple (versus the sweet ripe note found in, say, Aventus).

Longetivity is great on the basenotes, and sillage/projection seems moderate. A bit pricy but this scent's complexity and quality is up there. Find a discounted retailer; definitely worth the price you can get there.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

A pleasant combination of basil, pineapple and sandalwood. Decent sillage and longevity, but not memorable enough for me at this price point to buy a full bottle.

Markisdesade
Markisdesade

There's an oak moss and ( green ) pineapple vibe that I've actually come to like in the early dry down state , then in the ending or next morning it turns into a ripened sweet pineapple . Because of this effect I've purchased a bottle . I'm not fond of summer type colognes , but this works great for me. To best test the ripening effect , spay it on the back of your hand before going to bed then check the result in the morning.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I finally bought this. This is a easy to wear, highfalutin cologne. It stays close to the skin but women seem to love it. I like the drydown and longevity. Nothing daring but nothing offensive. This is crisp masculine done in a smooth way.

jamwires
jamwires

A great spring/summer masculine. Think of it as right between Green Irish Tweed and Platinum Egoiste, but with an herbal/slightly pineappley twist.

jtd is slightly wrong calling it a Cool Water descendent - because Cool Water is a Green Irish Tweed descendent. Just like Cool Water, Riverside Drive strives to be as good as Green Irish Tweed, but just doesn't quite get there. If you want the best of this genre, it's GIT, hands down without question.

However, if you're a GIT owner, and want a slightly thinner, fruitier, more herbal and synthetic alternative, Riverside Drive is nice. I'm glad I have it in my collection. Performance is great, three sprays max. Lasts all day, and as soon as that weird pickle/glue opening starts to go away, the drydown is quite good. The violet/moss/pineapple drydown is very nice.

8.5/10

Jwaks
Jwaks

@mersilover84 YES! it smells a lot like l'homme libre without the pickle note!! Some notes in here I love, pineapple, violet, violet leaf and other notes that ruin it for me. The basil and moss is just too strong and the base too powdery like talcum powder which I can't stand. A nice fragrance, just not for me.

correction....a 230 dollar version of L'homme Libre

mersilover84

ehh. basically it's a 230 dollar version of platinum egoiste. MAYYYYBE it's a little better? i guess? it's just not worth that much extra cash in my opinion. but then again what do i know?

jtd
jtd

Riverside Drive is a thoughtfully composed, buoyant, green/lavender aquatic men's fragrance.  It's a descendent of Cool Water, but it's not one of the cheap imitators hurled at the market since about a minute after Cool Water hit in 1988.  In its favor, Riverside Drive is more a reflection on Cool Water than an imitation.  It tones down the 'aquatic', turns up the green, and leads to a very well-balanced drydown.  The drydown, in fact, is what I think an armful of the Creeds of the last 20 years have strived for and missed. Poised, comfortable, stable. The drydown of these Cool Water wannabes, including the Creeds, is usually described as:  (synonym for nice) + "but, well, you know" + ( antonym of nice). Riverside Drive's drydown is likeable.  Actually, it's enviable. Coherent, harmonious, firm yet without aberrant sillage.

Against it, it's a thoughtful version a hackneyed genre.  How much better than the worst, is the best grilled American cheese and white bread sandwich ever made?  I appreciate Riverside Drive for its composition, but am not interested in it. Who needs another descendant of Cool Water? (... asks the man with a closet full of green chypres. Spoiler alert: glass houses.)  But I do feel it is important to acknowledge quality work however it comes across your desk. Not my bag, but outstanding.

Bryman84
Bryman84

First Impression smells like a mans underarm Deodorant lol. But give it a bit to adjust and the smell is Amazing. Wouldnt Recommend for anyone Under 25yrs old. Last a Long time on my Skin.

ckman2011

يستحق التجربه لمن يحب التميز
لذلك اخترته ليكون عطر العيد

brian7819
brian7819

I finally got my bottle of Riverside Dr. and I am impressed!!! The wait was well worth it. The pinapple mixed with the smells of basil and violet with hints of cedar and sandle wood make this a great frag. for the summer and spring. It is well rounded and I will definitely be wearing this one a lot this summer!!!! This is a definite smell and purchase. Must try!!!

williamvargas
williamvargas

really liked the opening of this one..very bright and a few compliments right off the bat..so i like that..going thru the drydown stage now and i do like that way this one smells..very appealing fragrance..costly little beast though so it will be one of those that you will be thinking what can i get that smells similar or more reasonable. i am sure this scent has created that sort of interest as i suspect other bond fragrances have. i do like it quite abit and could see having this one. so the search goes on...and if i can't come close...may be a purchase for me. thumbs up on the quality and fragrance it projects off me.i think it is my favorite of the bond #9 lineup....

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Very sexy. It has this freshness that is hard to describe. You can't find it in a soap or deodorant. It's like splitting open wet flower pedals. Very unisex and beautiful. I regretfully sold mine but hope to obtain another bottle soon.

Heverton
Heverton

Riverside Drive opens up with a very typical basil note, kind of sour one without any citric aspect acting together, just the herbal tone. Through time the sour aspect decays a little bit leaving space to a somehow slight minty aroma.

After a couple hours this fragrance goes into the drydown where a fruity aspect appears, the reason for what I bought this fragrance starts to show of, the pineapple, but here it is such a deception, so hard to distinguish since it is not a sweet one as I was expecting like in Joop Nightflight or Creed Aventus, instead it is a green one like the fruit was not ready to be eaten.

This drydown is much better if compared to the opening but it is nothing outstanding. I would say it is a shame given my expectation. For that reason I think this is a mediocre fragrance from the Bond Nº 9 house specially given the price tag.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Alas, I could detect no pineapple. I bought this blind from reviews and from Luca Turin's 3 stars, but I am so disappointed, I expected GREEN and got KHAKI. I am afraid it was a scrubber. I guess basil and sandalwood aren't for me after all. I had waited many, many months for this to come up on ebay & will pass on the remains of my sample. Back to Chinatown...

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

The opening is milder than I expected, with green, aquatic, fougere-like notes, and airy florals. I can detect the spicy basil in the top notes. Overall, it’s a refreshing, herbal scent that’s like a cologne without the citrus. I don’t smell any pineapple, just the usual green-woody-aquatic suspects. There’s a good bit of sillage, and the scent stays more or less linear for at least 6-8 hours on skin. Not my favorite type of perfume, but it’s conventional and quite wearable.

Bab
Bab

Starts off for just a moment with the sharp fragrance of dandelions which is what you get when you mix basil, oakmoss and cedar. Comes down and the Basil is prominent. Blends further to a pleasing, softer airier scent with the pineapple adding a dash of sweetness. LONG LASTING - too long. Shower and it's still there which for me, is a fairly strong negative but, the only neg really.

Dmitriy
Dmitriy

Monster longevity - 24h on my skin.
Scillage is pretty good too.

Strong basil and patchouli that get freshen up by pineapple and woody notes every once in a while. It can get powdery, get fresh, pull back to dirt, and vice versa. Not my favorite from Bond but holy moly! It lasts a long time.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Let me start off saying this is not at the top of my Bond hit parade. It's certainly decent and I have received compliments, but...

Cedar and sandalwood are at the fore front. Do not recommend for early in the day wear. Something just does not sit right. Expect it better for later in the day wear. Would not recommend this for Summer wear.

Sillage is fairly decent and longevity above average. Definite masculine.

So, overall a passing grade but needs tuttoring!

mocha43
mocha43

I found this to be a nice, refreshing masculine scent. It starts with pineapple combined with basil. Then the cedar and oakmoss come forward with a little sweetness that I think is the violet. It lasts well on my skin. I got this as part of my numerous samples that I bid on on e-bay.

mal23
mal23

This scent gives me a headache. At first it is refreshing and interesting, but it evolves into a stagnant fragrance. This fragrance really resembles "Curve" by Liz Claborne Overall 6/10

Kankuro
Kankuro

This stuff is disgusting! I tested it last week and was shocked. To me, it smells like old mens cologne :( I cant imagine someone under the age of 50 wearing Riverside Drive.

Stefan
Stefan

smells fresh much like dunhill x-centric, but sweeter. and a lot more expensive !

mariotgomez

If your looking for a refreshing fragrance, this may be the one for you.

You will be first introduce to the notes of basil which last a couple of minutes as it blends into the pineapple notes.

As it warms up, the sandalwood & cedar notes softly develope with the pineapple and basil notes.

I love wearing this fragrance any time of the day or any season of the year.

mariotgomez

I was lucky enough to have a one-on-one consultation with Laurice Rhame, creator of Bond No.9 fragrances. This was a fragrance she introduced me to: I feel in love with the basil & pineapple notes and how it warms up to a fresh & sensual fragrance.

Riverside Drive by Bond No 9 3.98 out of 5 based on 157 ratings and 31 user reviews

Sample
Riverside Drive Sample by Bond No. 9, .057 oz Vial sample for Women
Riverside Drive Sample by Bond No. 9, .057 oz Vial sample for Women
BOND NO. 9 RIVERSIDE DRIVE for MEN by Bond No. 9 EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
BOND NO. 9 RIVERSIDE DRIVE for MEN by Bond No. 9 EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
BOND NO. 9 RIVERSIDE DRIVE for MEN by Bond No. 9 EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ TESTER
Bond No. 9 Riverside Drive Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Bond No. 9 Riverside Drive Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
BOND NO. 9 RIVERSIDE DRIVE for MEN by Bond No. 9 EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ
BOND NO. 9 RIVERSIDE DRIVE for MEN by Bond No. 9 EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Riverside Drive Perfume by Bond No. 9, 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Riverside Drive Perfume by Bond No. 9, 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Bond No. 9 Riverside Drive Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Bond No. 9 Riverside Drive Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Riverside Drive fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Riverside Drive, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Riverside Drive by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Riverside Drive by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.