Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

Sag Harbor Bond No 9 for women and men

Sag Harbor Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

Bond No.9 is launching a new fragrance named Sag Harbor. "Bond No. 9’s Sag Harbor is a languid, flower-garden, ivy-coated, marine-scented ode to that quietly beguiling alternative South Fork town.' – it is announced from the company.

Sag Harbor will be a favorite to all fans of herbal compositions, full of freshness, sea notes and flowers. The composition opens with citrusy drops of bergamot, adding fine, gentle notes of ivy leaves and accords of bay leaf from Sag Harbor. A floral heart blooms with peony petals, magnolia and honeysuckle, adding sweet and fresh fruity notes of Long Island grapes. A base of the composition incorporates precious oud, warm amber and creamy sandalwood.

The fragrance is available in white flacons with blue circles with characteristic logo of the brand, as 50ml and 100ml. Sag Harbor was launched in 2012.

Bergamot Bay Leaf Ivy

Grapes Magnolia Peony Honeysuckle

Sandalwood Amber Agarwood (Oud)

High Line

Sag Harbor Fragrance Reviews

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

Well blended fragrance that last. Good job Bond!!!!! This is fresh and fruity with a touch of florals not bad.

jotalopez
jotalopez

This fragrance is too floral and feminine to be worn by men. It reminds me of Cacharel's Anais Anais and Lauren by Ralph Lauren. Hands down this one is aimed at the ladies.

Upper East Side
Upper East Side

The initial smell is a little too feminine, fruity, and floral. But the drydown is nice. Overall, Sag Harbor is nice if you want something different in your collection for the summer. It's great for those muggy days.

jtd
jtd

I’ve sampled more than a dozen of the Bond no 9 perfumes, and I’ve smelled another 10 or so more in passing. There is a sameness to their mixed floral perfumes that concerns me. They smell the same, yes. That’s the subjective part. But I recognize that I dislike their sweetened-floral fragrances in general, and I must question how this colors my judgement. Dislike aside, to look at a prolific perfume line, patterns develop, and while Bond do make some traditional, innocuous mixed florals of no particular note (Chelsea Flowers, Park Avenue, Madison Soirée) they also have a stock style that they are apparently under a spell to release every third perfume or so. This style is the hazy, musky, boozy, lingering-sweet floral.

Examples: Fire Island, NY Musk, Bleecker St., Nuit de Noho, Lexington Ave, NY Amber,

Some of these perfumes are less ‘floral’ than others, but the floral screech is the seasoning that allows the pancake-syrupness to shine. These perfumes ride on an overwrought, thick, lingering sweetness that requires any other note to shriek at top-volume to be heard. Which brings us to the peony in Sad Harbor. The peony note in perfumery is famously uncouth and abrasive. When paired with a base that requires a shouting match in the first place, peony shows itself not to be a pleasant note.

The name works, though. Sad Harbor evokes the collapsed end of a Hamptoms-climber drinks party. Flotsam and wounded vanity strewn around cocktail tables scented with abandoned, spilt fruity cocktails. Hits of salt air and sick.

I take back everything I’ve said about perfume being a weak tool to evoke a complex narrative.

from scenthurdle.com

carissaaurora
carissaaurora

This is a really nice fragrance. At first, a blast of peony mixes with the grapes. Then comes the honeysuckle, and also a marine note mixing with a damp wood smell. There's a spicy note in there too. It's not sharp though, nice for a woman. It makes me wonder how this would develop on a man since there are a lot of florals in here. It's a very intriguing fragrance, you keep getting the whiffs of the different notes and you want to keep smelling. Not sure that I'll purchase it...but I'm enjoying the sample.

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

A very green scent with a sweet kick. Reminds me of a spring rain.

spartan
spartan

A very well done unisex sent leaning towards the Fem side of the fence at first, very fresh good for spring and summer. Dried down quickly on me to A light Floral. As time progressed took on a very nice sort of masculine tone.
I will retest when I have more time and follow up. This is Very well made!

Quick note took A shower and scrubbed it off, and when I got out it still smelled as strong as when I got in! I need more time to wrap my head around this one, very deceiving Fragrance.

10/10 Quality

أقوله عييييييييييب
روح أشربلك برميلين بيريل وصدقني ده علشان مصلحتك

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

"Sag Harbor" is a delicate floral fragrance that seems to be more suitable for women since it's completely focused on peonies.
I really wish I could feel more the grapes, but it seems that they are only there to give some kind of soft fruity support to the long lasting peony note. They never reach the limit of making "Sag Harbor" a "fruity-floral" fragrance.

The base is soft and woody and the oud note has a similar use as in Bond's "NY Amber" (but not as strong), providing a somehow soapy contrast to the floral development.

Bond No. 9 has many interesting fragrances and covers a great variety of fragrance families but, differently from what the company tries to allude, "Sag Harbor" has absolutely nothing marine about it; it's just another floral fragrance. Longevity and sillage are okay, but nothing spectacular as well.

Kankuro
Kankuro

The launch of Sag Harbor did not excite me at all, because I usually dont't like fresh fragrances with marine notes. When I first read the fragrance notes, I was rather confused to see Oud in there. Oud smells woody, balsamic, animalic, medicinic... how could something like that fit into a fresh marine type scent? This was the point were I got interested in the fragrance. I bought a sample and waited joyfully for it to arrive. Let me tell you: I was not impressed at all when I first tried it. It took me almost 2 months to recognize how beautiful Sag Harbor truly is.

At first you have to know that Sag Harbor smells different when it is very hot outside. In colder weather, it starts with a fresh burst of peony and a slight juicy note. I guess this is the thing they call "long island grapes". Also, an air of woody freshness emerges after a few seconds. Sag Harbor turns out to be a fresh floral, instead of the watery marine fragrance I imagined it to be. Bond already has many fresh florals, so I asked myself if Sag Harbor was really a necessary addition to the already huge collection. It took me several wearings to get what Sag Harbor is about. After the opening, the fragrance gets somewhat seetish, but only slightly. The fresh opening settles down a bit and a clean white musk adds a clean, almost steamed feeling to the fragrance. I guess they used Galaxolide, which is why my mother is almost anosmic to Sag Harbor (she smells it for 10 or 15 minutes, after that she can't detect it anymore). The clean-steamed smell gets more intense as time goes by. The drydown of Sag Harbor is pure Galaxolide on my skin: Clean, sweetish, a little floral. This is, however, only if it is a bit cooler outside.

In hot weather, Sag Harbor smells like a whole different fragrance. The first time I noticed this, I was in a bit of a shock, because I did not expect it to smell so different. The opening, instead of the very floral fresh one I described above, is VERY fruity and VERY juicy. It smells like some kind of grape candy, but not extremely sweet. This smell will definitely make your mouth water. After some minutes, the fruity smell is accompanied by the peony and some woody and clean notes. And this is how Sag Harbor stays. It will not change any further, except for the drydown, which is again laden with white musk.

I could, however, not detect any Oud in the fragrance, which is probably a good thing. I cannot imagine the rough woodiness of Oud in this light and cheerful fragrance.

After 2 months of sampling Sag Harbor, I fell in love with it. I really appreciate the refreshing flair, it is like a cool, floral and fruity shower in the heat of the summer. But, and this is very important, Sag Harbor can also be worn in colder climate, it will smell much more woody. Sag Harbor needs time to grow on you, but trust me: If you once fall in love with it, you will never be able to let it go. Longevity and sillage are very good.

prettyswag
prettyswag

this is your daily fresh femme scent...very spring, very lady fresh.

steve0580
steve0580

I have a sample of this.

I'm not impressed at all and certainly not for the price they want. If I were to get this in a swap, I'd try to trade it away.

Very floral. It smells like the air freshener in my Grandmother's bathroom.

For whoever it is, it's a pretty nice fragrance with a peony flower at its maximum strength and juicy mouth-watering grape candy. Very feminine but lively and fun. It's still have that really musky oud base like many other Bonds tho. I would really like it if the peony gets toned down just a bit. Not super unique, but it's something different for Bond No.9 lovers, I guess.

smcandsmc
smcandsmc

I agree, a stretch to call this unisex, and I gladly wear a few 'feminine' frags- aggressively flowery (I purposefully don't use the word 'floral'); perhaps the oud and grapes come later, but I had to scrub it off before I got to the dry down, so I can't say for sure. I really admire any nose that is both sensitive enough to pick out ivy and grape and tough enough to withstand the powerful peony onslaught while picking out the ivy and grape.

babygurl72
babygurl72

Way too flowery! I cant see a manly man pulling this off.

Lerior
Lerior

Beautiful, Unisex, RoseOud fragrance. I can't say more than that.
Going to get a bottle ASAP.

Udaria
Udaria

There was an episode in the show "Seinfeld" where they fought over a perfume called "The Beach". I always wondered what such a perfume would smell like. Well, Sag Harbor - this is it. The Beach. I have spent time on Fire Island, or on Jones Beach, and this atmosphere of salt water, shrubs in dunes, sun shine and lotions, all combined, with some slight booze aroma thrown in, that is The Beach. I like it. Never big on describing individual notes, just feelings. This could be an unisex cologne, lavishly put on when the day is hot. Wear it with ease, a non-pretentious go-to bottle of summer.

Scentrist

I'm going to agree with Sherapop that this is a HUGE Peony fragrance at opening, but the other note that doesn't get much recognition yet is noticeable...is honeysuckle. Go for a walk on a summer day, walk past a honeysuckle grove -- as kids, we used to pull the stems to release the liquid at the end that was so fragrant, this really brought back memories -- and you'll immediately recognize that element.

I mentioned in a previous review that I felt they did a bang up job on this, and that opinion hasn't changed much. What I appreciate more that I've smelled it in more detail by wearing it is the incorporation of unique elements. Ivy. Grapes. Honeysuckle. Bay leaf? Ok, maybe I could do without bay leaf, but it's interesting albeit not very noticeable. Oud probably doesn't lend much to the composition, other than the current popularity of Oud for its own sake; something more indigenous to Long Island might have been a better choice here or at least more authentic.

Nonetheless, this opens as a hugely floral scent, stays largely that way throughout, and dries down quite well. If you're big fan of peony, this is one to try. If not, you should probably avoid it as Sherapop recommended. Also, my wife noticed a bit of similarity to Chelsea Flowers. Me? Not so much, though the Peony, Magnolia and Sandalwood do lend similar touches. For me, they were very different experiences. But if you really want a lively floral where you can get a strong sense of a warm summer afternoon amidst a flower garden in August, this can evoke the right vibes or bring back lost memories.

I suppose it was inevitable, since Bond no 9 releases something like ten new perfumes each year, many of which I do happen to like. But SAG HARBOR opens somewhat sweetly and then marches directly to a large-sillage peony drydown familiar to me from such fragrances as Ann Taylor POSSIBILITIES, which I coincidentally tried again only last week, having happened upon a purse spray of unknown provenance lying around my humble abode.

Peony, I repeat: peony. Maybe it's just me, but this is a big peony frag, and the peony really drowns out all of the other alleged notes. This is good news for peony aficionados, but not such good news for me, someone with a long-confirmed peony problem. Fortunately, Bond no 9's version is not so overwhelming that I feel the need to go soak in the tub. No, but it's also not something that I'll be reaching for again.

I may be hyperosmic to peony, so my idiosyncratic experience should not deter others from testing SAG HARBOR, but I do believe that this composition is far more feminine than masculine. Another big, bodacious floral perfume from Bond no 9 occupying the same general olfactory neighborhood as some of their other recent launches, including CENTRAL PARK WEST and I LOVE NY EARTH DAY. Very floral, again, but this time it's nearly all peony nearly all of the time!

This analogy may be helpful:
Freesia: ASTOR PLACE:: Peony: SAG HARBOR

I definitely recommend this perfume for testing by women who love peony. If peony is your thing, you may have found your Bond no 9 at last!

flora lee
flora lee

Is it unisex or leaning toward masculine?

Scentrist

I smelled this a couple weeks ago and they did a bang-up job with the fragrance. Really a great balance of florals mixed with the woods and grape (I suppose a nod to Long Island wine-making?). The ivy was a neat touch! Superbly done.

aaronr0ndale
aaronr0ndale

a must have!!!! got to check this out in Vegas. Great stuff!

Sag Harbor by Bond No 9 3.78 out of 5 based on 56 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Sag Harbor fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Sag Harbor, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sag Harbor by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sag Harbor by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.