Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Saks Fifth Avenue for Her Bond No 9 for women
dislike

tuberose
Saks Fifth Avenue for Her Bond No 9 for women Pictures

Saks 5th Avenue for Her marks the return of the feminine gardenia note, along with a touch of intensive jasmine, seductive tuberose, featuring a gentle warmth of vanilla and vetiver in the base. It is dedicated to the prestige department store Saks, located in the 5th Avenue. The bottle of this perfume is interesting, formed like all the Bond perfumes. It is white and it has DNA motif of letters “N” and “A” from Avenue on it. They are reconstructed from the logo of the department store Saks, which followed them from 1973 to 1999, and of course there is the infallible written logo Bond No. 9. The perfume was introduced in 2007, designed by Michael Almairac and available in 50 and 100 ml.     The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac.

Gardenia Vanilla Jasmine Vetiver Tuberose

Central Park West
Como Crema
I Love New York Earth Day
Carolina Herrera

Saks Fifth Avenue for Her Fragrance Reviews

Srebecca
Srebecca

This is my signature scent. It was amazing two years ago and now it sort of gives me a headache.. Just spray a little. I've never gotten so many compliments on a scent in my life.

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

I just purchased this the other day and it's worth the price. This is a Diva's perfume. Very classy, feminine perfume with great longevity. If you want to make a statement, this is the perfume for you.

unmonotiti
unmonotiti

Bond No 9 does it again! My boyfriend gave my mom this perfume for Christmas and it is absolutely gorgeous. One spray was enough to fill the entire room with an intense gardenia and tuberose smell. Once they tone down you can also feel the jasmine and a tiny hint of vanilla in there. It is definitely not sweet, but it is very floral. It feels creamy and makes you feel comfortable and calm. One whiff and you feel like you're in paradise.

midgyett_evans83
midgyett_evans83

If u want to make a statement...this fragrance will do it. Definitely one of my top fives. my husband loves this on me. It last all day, actually all week! invest in a bottle of saks!

pookerella
pookerella

Gardenia + Jasmine + Tuberose = too much of a good thing. Too, too, too sweet. Ridiculously sweet. This type of thing has to be cut with citrus fruits or mellowed with something warm. The vanilla and vetivert are so overpowered, they are as good as not there. Goes right up the nose to the brain.

I have to admit, I'm not a huge white flower perfume fan, and I do not understand the philosophy of white flowers being combined together. I like all 3 as single notes separately, but together? No, thanks. (Personally I love magnolia, but no one ever uses it.) Louis Malle does the white flowers experience better IMO. When you have 3 scents that linger high on top for the life of the scent, it's beyond harsh, and can easily be cloying. The "En Rose" version of this is much better, softer ... and MUCH quieter.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Wonderful white florals, rich, creamy -- some sort of coconut note created by the combination. Last well, good for day or night. Also good for all seasons! If you love white florals -- and you're going to have to love them to enjoy this one -- this is a great option! Get to a Saks and try it out!

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

Very seldom do I leave a negative comment, was always taught if u cant say something nice dot/ dot/ dot.. However in an attempt to save a few people, male and female from a possible migraine I must type my thoughts and opinion.. My current ex wife when we were still married would wear this perfume as a tactic strictly to antagonize me because she knew how much I hated the scent, it was close to olfactory torture!! A few commenters used the word rancid to describe the scent/odor YUP!! I can go with that.. Ironic the bottle is black and white because it truly reminds me of the odor a skunk gives off.. literally no exaggeration maybe with a bit of floral potpourri to mask the stentch.. For those that like, to each his own.. For me it's probably the worst female perfume I've ever smelled..

dzxmjf

Update ......Wife is on her Third bottle. And still getting tons of compliments from men and Women everywere. It's still the best fragrance to me. Maybe this scent dosent work well with other peoples body chemestry is why they don't care for it? It wprks for my wife and it's her favorite hands down. So if any one like White floral scents ...this is the one.....smells modern and smooth.....not Old/vintage and pongent. Only thing is it is expensive the 50 ml bottle used to be 150.00 now 180.00 and the 100 ml bottle is 250.00 so it make more sense to purchase the 100 ml Expescially if you like it and can afford it. Reactions that men and women have to her when she wears it, make it worth the $$$$.

pansylady
pansylady

Lovely buzz for a white floral lover! Gardenia with a capital G! Good sillage, longevity, and potency, just as you would expect.

I also get coconut and a hint of some kind of tropical fruit, and am surprised not to see them noted here.

Big thanks to CL for the lovely samples!!

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

This smells INSANE. I took one whiff of it in the Bond counter and seconds later I was whipping out my debit card. I just cannot describe how good this smells.....and to top it off i'm a guy who wears this. I must admit you have to be very confident as a guy to pull this one off.....and im a very confident guy lol.

L'eaulita
L'eaulita

Terribly synthetic gardenia and tuberose which indeed comes of smelling of rancid coconut or plastic-like. Smells very cheap and reminds me intensely of Stacked Style's Como Crema.

Nicolee
Nicolee

A co-worker was given a vile of this perfect and heavenly scent. I tried it and instantly fell in mad love. I dabbed just a little on my wrists and behind my ears and the scent stayed with me all throughout the day and the next morning when I showered, it still floated off of me just as it hit my skin the previous day. I have always had a soft spot for Tuber Rose and Gardenia but all fragrances I have ever tried were too strong for me and gave me an instant headache. Not this one. I am on a cloud, floating absest mindedly, or on the beach in Kauai, almost falling in love with MY SELF! hehe. I will be wearing this all Spring and Summer and probably next Winter as well. If you want to feel ultra feminine and beautiful, I highly recommend this one.

mssallywalk2011
mssallywalk2011

This scent last long and if you buy the body creme not lotion it compliments it immensely. This is my favorite and I will purchase it again.

Timetoski
Timetoski

It has a rancid coconut smell on me too! I like it though because I feel as if I'm at the beach with flowers nearby. Wouldn't buy it though.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I was not expecting this to be gardenia coupled with plastic notes and rancid coconut suntan oil. I don’t see why anyone would deliberately make a synthetic rancid coconut accord, so in all fairness, the rancid coconut could be massoia oil, which does smell that way. Fortunately it doesn’t get into the remote sillage too much, leaving that as mostly a thick, heavy gardenia and/or some other tropical flowers.

I really can’t imagine why Saks Fifth Avenue would smell like a bad dream about a gardenia-infested wedding outdoors in the beating sun, with all the guests greasing themselves up from an ancient bottle of suntan oil found under a counter in the bathroom, oil spilling onto their fine clothes and their gardenia corsages and bouquets wilting in the heat. After reading some other reviews, I see that there’s supposed to be tuberose in the mix, but it’s completely overpowered by the gardenia and coconut. Just a tiny dab produces mega-sillage.

Eventually the tuberose does make an appearance, in its sour-washcloth guise, but the other notes are still there, vying for center stage. Two hours in, the coconut fades away, leaving gardenia and tuberose to fight it out. Of course the scent doesn’t know when to quit, hanging around all day, but after the first few hours it’s a fairly tame gardenia scent. If you like florals, especially gardenia, and don’t mind an opening with an odd coconut note, Saks 5th Ave might be just the thing for you.

anitagoodspankin
anitagoodspankin

This is what heaven smells like, sigh*! To me this hits the nail on the head and is the closest most lovely homage to the intoxicating tuberose! Trapp makes a candle that is truer still, but they do not produce personal fragrance unfortunately. So delicate and sweet but still has that authentic bite that others either lack or over do. Saks is gossamer and floating while Fracas is heavy, round and shiny. To me Fracas smells unpleasantly artificial and linear and miles away from this! Saks is the ingenue to Carnal Flower's wordly albeit reserved lady. There is one huge problem though, it doesn't last on me. Pure heart break.

dzxmjf

I bought this for my wife after we smelled it. Yeah , Yeah you say it smells like other Gardenia and tuberose scents out there and their's nothing new. I disagree. What is different to me is that it doesn't smell like an old lady after the dry down. My wife and I have been to Hawaii many times and this is what the flowere smell like there and as she wears it it stays smelling fresh all day. Men and women both stop her and want to know what she's wearing. I have witnnessed this when i'm with her too. I gat a chuckle because that's the impact it had on me the first time i smelled it. It's a scent i don't get tired of on her. So she's on her second bottle now and she recently purchased the bodylotion too. I think this one's my favoite hands down. Ladie's if you want something to attract the guy's this is your scent.......worth every penny.

Sarahbelle
Sarahbelle

Funny.
I don't remember dousing myself liberally with Fracas this morning. And yet, that is precisely what anyone who gets withing 10 feet of me thinks has happened.
Tuberose, yes. Gardenia, dear God, yes. New, different, interesting -- hardly.
This fragrance has tremendous sillage, and is incredibly long-lasting. A light (I swear) splash on wrists and cleavage was easily detected 10 hours later. It is heady, feminine, rich, and lush.
I suppose that my negative comments stem from my disdain that that this fragrance all ready exists in the marketplace. Did I mention Fracas? Yes, I know, Fracas isn't the only tuberose/gardenia creation out there. There is EL Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, Tuvache Island Gardenia, Chanel Gardenia, Giorgio Armani Gio, Gerlain Jardin de Bagatelle, to name a few. But Saks for Her is a dead ringer for Fracas.
And yet, Fracas will remain on retailer's shelves gathering dust, because the average consumer seeks out the new and different, and, in this case, spends big money when the newly offered is neither new nor different.
Fracas will go overlooked next to the newer, splashier imitation of it.
Pity.

Natalie467
Natalie467

My favorite from the Bond line so far. Haven't tried them all (I've tried many) and this one stood out from the rest. Creamy, dreamy, ultra feminine, just beautiful. Starts out sweet and mellows out to smooth gardenia, jasmine and vanilla. I think the smokey notes of vetiver keep it from becoming cloying or too floral. I don't really smell any coconut in this, but maybe the vanilla notes give the impression of coconut, as I think they sometimes do.

I'm wearing this today, in the dead of winter, I've worn it in the fall, and plan on wearing it in the summer, feels appropriate for any season. I've gotten so many compliments when I've worn this, one person told me I smelled so good they could just eat me!

annc
annc

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent!
I got a few vials of Bond No 9 scents as a gift. At that time, i never heard of the brand. I remember loving all the scents but this one is the most memorable to me because i always got compliment when I wear this. I think they have changed the name into DNA now, cos the one named Park Fifth Avenue on their website has different packaging the last time I checked. I definitely will buy the full size once I get the money (which would be a while bcause its so expensive and not available in my country) :(

Those who headed to Harrods on a quest for flowers but found themselves surrounded by endless belts and bags would do well to mosey on over to Saks, Bond no 9 SAKS FOR HER, to be more precise.

I always knew that amongst Bond no 9's dozens of offerings there must be a BWF (big white flower) fragrance, and in SAKS FOR HER I have found it: tuberose, gardenia, and jasmine commingling amicably along with a touch of vanilla-tinged vetiver. I find the tuberose to be dominant in the opening, while gardenia and jasmine become stronger in the still slightly sweet drydown.

Although SAKS FOR HER is a good Big White Floral fragrance, with the characteristically superlative sillage and lasting power of that genre, there's nothing really new here. I do like the bottle design of SAKS FOR HER quite a lot, but the contents do not beat out the best of the competition in this cup-runneth-over category. For sweet tuberose, I'll continue to turn to FRACAS and, for less sweet gardenia, to MARC JACOBS.

mocha43
mocha43

Why does this perfume smell bad on me? Maybe it is the vetiver. There are only 4 notes in this but for reason of body chemistry, this does not work on me at all. I am compelled to wash it off after 10 minutes. Too bad- I'm glad it is only a sample.

A lush, dense tuberose/gardenia scent. Very rich and creamy on my skin, but not different enough from other tuberose/gardenia heavy scents to make it worth the price. Still, that being said, it's truly well blended for someone with my chemistry. And Carla is right: the touch of vanilla in the dry down really makes for a lovely ending. The white florals almost always go into mothballs on me and this doesn't, so it gets points just for that. Downside, I don't care for big white florals, and this is most certainly one of those. Would suck on a hot day, though. This is not the scent for humid climates, as lovelylavender so astutely points out.

Nausicaä
Nausicaä

This reminds me of Beyond Paradise, only withouth the deapth - I only get gardenia. But also without the extreme soapy-ness.

It is really long lasting, even where I got it in my palms. But it is not a strong scent. I put on (accitdentaly) quite a lot, and I still do not "reek". It keeps close to the skin.

Kankuro
Kankuro

This is a fantastic fragrance. I can smell gardenia and very creamy vanilla and coconut. There is an almost medicinal note in the opening, but this medicinal note is really pleasant. In the drydown the creamy vanilla is very present and makes me feel very comfortable. This perfume is sweet and floral and is perfect in the coldness of winter.

falovalo
falovalo

This is heavy on the gardenia and smells JUST like Sand & Sable. It's not bad, it's just not special and is way overpriced for something that has a dupe.

*edit* I had my four year old son take a whiff, his reaction: "Smells like medicine."

megannsmom
megannsmom

I get the Gardenia....lots of Gardenia in all its rich, spicy goodness. Reminds me of "Sand and Sable", but a more opulent version. Too heavy for summer, but good for spring! Nice, but not FBW in my opinion.

Boggi
Boggi

For me this starts out with something that reminds me of dried rose potpuri. Then it smells like a very sweet 80s suntanlotion. After that it turns into something else that I can't name, but it is like a alien, supersweet, bitter, powdery, medicinal scent. There the developloment stops and I try to bear it as long as I can. After 40 minutes it has become a little softer, but then I can't bear the smell and have to go to wash it of.

lovelylavender
lovelylavender

Beautiful sweet perfume. The sweetness remind me a little bit of Annick Goutal's Le Chèvrefeuille. One dab, and it goes all day long. It blend nicely on my skin, but not in my hot and humid country.

This one is for a young modern women, wearing a well dressed suit, going to the office on the cold day.

Carla
Carla

After purchasing this fragrance and wearing it for a few days I must say this is a runaway hit in my book. I'm guessing this is a yellow Italian gardenia because in this blend it is totally mellow, a pleasant surprise because gardenia's are often known to be poignant.The opulant jasmine creates the right amount of sweetness and the vetiver brings it down to an earthy, warm feel with it's evident essence of balsalm and amber. The dry down of the sensuous vanilla make this a notable New York scent worthy of wearing.

Saks Fifth Avenue for Her by Bond No 9 4.02 out of 5 based on 90 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Saks Fifth Avenue for Her fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Saks Fifth Avenue for Her, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Saks Fifth Avenue for Her by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Saks Fifth Avenue for Her by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.