Designers » B » Woody Aquatic « Groups

Saks Fifth Avenue for Him Bond No 9 for men

Saks Fifth Avenue for Him Bond No 9 for men
dislike

Saks 5th Avenue for Him is elegant, watery fragrance. It opens with Sicilian bergamot, which gives it freshness, followed by notes of cardamom, chili, black pepper, and incense in the heart. The base is composed of amber, Guaiac wood, and cedarwood.

The bottle is black with DNA patterned Saks logo, which was in use from 1973 – 1999, with round Bond no.9 logo in the middle.

Saks 5th Avenue was created by Michael Almairac and launched in 2007. It is available in 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) and 100ml (3.3 fl.oz.) sizes.

The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac.

Amber Sicilian Bergamot Cardamom Black Pepper Chili Pepper Incense Guaiac Wood

Saks Fifth Avenue for Him Fragrance Reviews

andrew.spratlin
andrew.spratlin

I honestly did not expect to like this, but surprisingly I love it. On me it is almost completely a wood scent, which I like. I'm still trying it out with a sample... but I may end up buying this....longevity is iffy for the price though.

srt33
srt33

really did not like the top, felt almost like anise or something even though it was cardamom. might have had something to do with the pepper. drydown is nice, but kind of boring, a woody amber

Caist
Caist

Cool-woodsy/ liquorice shadow/ dapper and classy/

Was disappointed at some of the first reviews on here, come on this one is pretty dynamic.. it has no justice until you put it ON. I love the darker esscence this fragrance embraces without being a warmer fragrance. I think it's perfect for a clean shave and suit look, OR for a summer night an escape to cool off with a chic twist. I've put women in this fragrance and WOAH, FANTASTIC for women with a Rag and Bone style or Leith, or leather fans. Not to mention it took quite awhile to get this one to come out the way it did, this has opened a new love for cardamom in my world. I think cardamom gives a fragrance a spark, for sure.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Cardamom, gaiac, and amber. C'est tout! A very sweet woody blob. Not for me.

Cylob
Cylob

A generic spicy aquatic. Not bad, but nothing special and certainly not worth the pricetag. This would have been bashed into oblivion if it would have been brought by let's say Hugo Boss...

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

The chili and black pepper are subtle (as I guess they kinda must be), but I find them to be definitely 'there'. The core of this to me is the Guaiac Wood and Amber that together project a bubblegummy (sorry I can't come up with a better adjective) scent that the whole thing kind of revolves around.

Although it's marketed "for men", it's definitely one of the more feminine male scents I've ever sampled. Can't imagine what the Saks for women must smell like...

To me, this is a scent I think I'll wear for my own enjoyment. There's something about it that I find particularly entrancing. I'll stop suddenly when a waft of it hits my nostrils and I want to stop and think about it - to inhale it. It's a tad intoxicating in that regard.

Sillage is not particularly notable, IME. Longevity is merely "okay" at best. Opt for the larger flacon for not much more money and you can reapply generously with nary a worry ;-) .

Like Bond No. 9's Brooklyn - which I enjoy immensely - this is not IMO a 'standard' scent. Try it out - you might be surprised.

PS: Anybody care to guess what the design brief was that Bond/Saks put out for this? I'm not sure I can imagine it but would love to hear it!

PPS: Not sure why the notes listing up top here is so limited - this scent is definitely more complex than what's illustrated above.

Heverton
Heverton

I will speak today about a fragrance from the Maison Bond No. 9, which all fragrances are inspired by New York city, where beauty shines through the presentation of the bottles, all in star shapes with specific decorations to each fragrance. But I will speak more specifically about Saks Fifth Avenue for Him,
created by Michael Almairac and released in 2007.

On my skin, the fragrance begins with plenty of freshness guaranteed by bergamot, dominating the beginning of the fragrance. Chili, Black Pepper, on top, as Basenotes says? Not on my skin! Sorry Basenotes, you're wrong. After about 10 ~ 15 minutes, bergamot decays a bit, making the cardamom to become noticeable, however subtly, serving as an excellent transition from the fresh tone from the beginning, to a slightly sweet-woody tone (yes, sweet, but for just few minutes, believe me) guaranteed by a mixture of woody aroma mixed with a light incense which stands out more and more from the dry-down, thereby decreasing the semi-sweet aroma, now leading to a more comfortable level as time goes on, remaining that way until the end.

An excellent casual scent. Perfect for those who likes the suit and jeans style.

In my opinion, the perfect day by day scent for a successful business man that is not so focused on a formal dress. A pleasant classy and versatile smell that offends no one.

kerigrace
kerigrace

I wear it. (woman) Forgot it was a man's scent. Whenever I smell my clothes the next day after wearing it, I remember why I love it. It agrees with me. I'm always warmer than everyone else, need the windows open. It's spicy, yet welcoming. It gets better as it warms up to your skin.

This is the second Bond No.9 I have tried; and I am quite happy with it overall. This had a classy feel when I first sniffed it, and I thought it should be worn for evenings and special occasions. After wearing it for the last two days now, I have since changed my mind, this shines no matter when or where it is worn. It is a very well blended utterly masculine scent that does well in the cold winter days...despite its aquatic components.

For a fragrance named after one of the most prestigious stores in Manhattan, it is elegant enough, but also very simple and smooth. No complex development here, just a quality scent that is finely made and blended. It starts off with a clean, shiny bergamot and goes into a heart of subtle spices that mix warmth with the slightly sweet, mysterious air of incenses. I do get the amber note on my skin (or a development of the incense, possibly a combination of both); alongside the wonderfully rich woods of guaiac and cedar. Woody? Definitely, Aquatic? I guess...on my skin I get a slightly oriental feel, though it is VERY smooth. Then, after the first two hour or so, it's sillage shrinks to about 6-8 inches from the wearer; but everyone who got close enough to smell it complimented it, and asked "What IS that? It's wonderful!". After applying it again, today at 9:30 AM before going out, it is still detectable on the skin at 10 pm. A very versatile scent that is at once refined and comfortable: just fresh enough, but sexy and rich as well. Just enough to be assertive but not obnoxious, and subtle enough to be seductive. I think it lives up to its name...

Sillage: good then closer
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4.25/5

On first donning this, I was intruiged but not actually impressed. The more I wore it and the longer it was on my skin, the more it "grew" on me. Not just in the metaphorical sense, but in the fact that it smelled better each and every time I wore it. It seemed to show me other facets of itself, and it felt as if it was also getting to know me better as well. I own many scents and usually wear something different each and every day (sometimes two a day); this is one of the few that I have worn more than once (in the same week) and actually looked forward to wearing again the next day. Need I say more?

Bond no 9 SAKS FOR HIM opens with a big burst of bergamot, imparting a decidedly masculine impression, but within a few minutes, the aromatic edge disappears, leaving behind a smooth, clean musky-woody drydown with just the lightest touch of spice. I do not detect amber at all but like this drydown nonetheless.

This composition would work for women or men and reminds me vaguely of Lancome O OUI. With good staying power and low sillage, SAKS FOR HIM is a fine all-occasion, all-weather, inoffensive and pleasant composition.

mocha43
mocha43

I got my Bond samples from an auction on e-bay. I liked this fragrance, citrus than pepper and wood notes. That being said, it does not last long enough to invest in a full bottle. This is a more masculine scent so I would not ordinarily wear it.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

While I do like this scent it did not last as long as I would hope for. And, with the price factored into the equation, it is no bargain. But, it is nice (ok, that word just comes off meaning average, so let's say pleasant).

Would not spring for a bottle (also, not crazy about the flacon). With all the more interesting choices Bond offers, there are numerous I prefer to this.

I get a definite whiff of pencil shavings at the top that is neither here nor there. Bergamot floats in and out. This frag never really makes a statemnt.

Sillage is decent and lasts about as long as you would want (go figure that out!).

FYI - No resemblance to Saks for Her. Now, this is a fume that one wiff fills the room, all night long (and I think you know what I mean)!

mal23
mal23

I have recently been sampling alot fo Bond No. 9 fragrances and have not been impressed by most of them, but this one along with Harrods for him are two very similar scents. Both are classy winter and fall scents that invoke that woody cedary type of smell. Saks Fifth Ave. is more subdued and starts odd with a nice scent of bergamont, then drys down into a cardamom and cedary feel. Pleasant and not to much. I perfer this one over harrods because off the nice guicic wood ingredient. Overall a 8/10. I don't know if I'll pay the hefty price for it though.

mariotgomez

I have had this fragrance in my collection for almost one year now. This was the fragrance that launched my love for the House of Bond No.9.

When you first spray this fragrance on you will get a peppery note mixed with spices.

Hints of incense softly come out as the fragrance starts to warm down and softly lingers around.

One will be left with a beautiful blend of cardamom mixed with the sweetness of amber and hints of cedar

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I want to try Bond No9 fragrances but there are no stockists in my city, and they all range from £85 for a small bottle! I don't want to splurge on a fragrance unless I can smell it but i'm so tempted to purchase a bottle.

Does anyone know how to get samples?

guest_andyconda
guest_andyconda

This scent is in my top 5. It last and last and last.

mariotgomez

I was just introduce to Bond No. 9 EDP's recently. They are great alone or mixing them. SFA for Him (otherwise known as DNA)is going to be one of my new classic scents.

2007

Saks Fifth Avenue for Him by Bond No 9 4.02 out of 5 based on 60 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 Saks Fifth Avenue for Him fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 Saks Fifth Avenue for Him, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Saks Fifth Avenue for Him by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Saks Fifth Avenue for Him by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.