Designers » B » « Groups

West Broadway Bond No 9 for women and men

West Broadway Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

sour

West Broadway by Bond No 9 is a fragrance for women and men. West Broadway was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Robertet. The fragrance features lime, musk and lily-of-the-valley.

Lime Musk Lily-of-the-Valley

West Broadway Fragrance Reviews

Upper East Side
Upper East Side

This smells like Tom Ford's Santal Blush.

houzi
houzi

West Broadway is enigmatic. It can smell so different from one time to the next.

The first couple of times I sampled it, the single component that stood out the most was incense.

When I wore it again a few days later the incense note was surprisingly hard to spot. The fragrance had an almost whole new character: it was very musky, with the musk belonging to the sensual rather than the pristine variety, and less dry. I could also detect the subtle floral note easier than before. So unexpected.

On the whole the fragrance has an interesting spicy-sour tinge. I can't really detect the lime but it must be what gives the scent its subtly sour undertone. Not the juicy citrus burst kind of sourness, but something more green and earthy. Like the first few whiffs that come out of the clay mortar, in which fresh herbs and some grated lime rind are gently crushed together with light, tapping movements of the pestle.

I find this perfume exciting and unusual. I haven't figured what prompts it to show one side of its dual personality or the other but I've greatly enjoyed both of them. The musky alter ego wears really well in moderately cool weather.

I somehow have a feeling that given time, and as my nose becomes more attuned to the perfume, the two aspects of the fragrance will start to gradually blend into each other, as if to prove they've been one and the same all along.

Susan_b
Susan_b

I feel betrayed by this perfume. Sprayed it loved it bought it. Sprayed it again at home, then this smell of Incense slapped across the face. It was terrible. It reminded me of a smelly candle store where you can't distinguish an actual scent just that lingery incense trail. I feel duped.

pookerella
pookerella

A very luscious blend with lily of the valley as the star. To me, it smells like rose is in there. Not a heady biting rose, but the kind of rose in Stella McCartney's Rose Absolut. I can't believe this is just 3 ingredients. I think they leave some out so no one copies it.

Besides all that, it's very warm and seductive. I can see how it can be unisex, but it's really quite feminine. Artfully blended, one of my favorites.

mocha43
mocha43

I received a sample spray of this from Bond and have tried it several times now. I detect several notes not listed. It starts with a blast of tuberose, surprising and nice but quickly becomes a cinnamon lime scent. As it dries down it becomes softer and more unisex. I notice the incense more as it slowly fades away. It lingers on my skin for 5 or 6 hours. For me it is not full bottle worthy but I'm happy to have received a free sample.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

There is nothing complicated here (see notes).

While unisex, this frag borders on the femme side of the street but not by much (equal opportunity?).

This is slightly different then most Bonds (no pencil shaving notes here!). I find this more of a casual day/ night (but not in a date/ sexy way) way.

Do not get any spice here. More slight/light musk with a hint of floral.

Sillage is good and longevity average.

As with most Bonds, price can be a deterrent. Proceed as you see fit!

iMaverick
iMaverick

I came across this by accident. I was amazed to find the Bond fragrances at Nordstrom, and while trying to get over my amazement, I just started picking up bottles. This was the first one, and it must've been true fate. I sniffed the spray nozzle, and hand an A-ha moment! Spraying it on myself, I was amazed at all its nuances. The opening notes were bright, green, and a bit floral sweet. Then I caught wisps of a dry woody note, which I'm sure was the tea note, surrounded by a watery green aura. I was in pure heaven. As the scent develops, it starts to warm into vanilla and benzoin like notes as the tea note persists, with musk to smooth everything over. The base notes were sexy and compelling, kindred to the effects of Guerlain's Guerlinade notes. Tested it just one day and decided this had to me in my stash. This scent will be with me forever to have and cherish! I will never part with this scent.

sofiii
sofiii

Bond No 9 West Broadway is like a much less spicy or demanding version of Dolce Vita. It is much more cinnamon-y, but in a more light-spirited way and slightly more unisex-friendly. Somehow it makes me think about café, winter, and cinnamon powder on top of a cup of cappuccino; somewhat I might even call it watery, cinnamon-watery.

Later on, it simply gets a little bit warmer and fuzzier and the final dry down has a trace of musk hint there, which is quite lovely to wear in cold weather.
West Broadway makes me think of the colour orange in a darker shade. However I tend to steer away from perfumes makes me think of orange colour.

It is quite a lovely perfume; even though it’s not my cup of tea, I would still recommend it if you like Dolce Vita (personally I think West Broadway is better and smoother), or something cinnamon-y.

Francop
Francop

Is this the unsung Hero by Bond no 9? Maybe...

This scent is totally unique as it provides an unusual blend of citrus notes with possibly incense, cannabis and musk...

Very different from everything else I have tried before...

I would recommend using it in spring/summer as the scent is a bit on the light side; although it does last a good while.

Bond no 9 WEST BROADWAY is an acquired taste which--uh-oh--I now appear to be in the process of acquiring! The first couple of times I wore this fragrance, it struck me as too spicy and somehow too harsh, as though the lime were zest and dried rind rather than juice, and the unaccounted for darkness was not welcoming to me. Now, however, I am coming to see that there is an attractive quality to this hard-edged frag with a gentler, softer drydown. WEST BROADWAY is something like a genius giant: big enough to beat you up, even to crush you, but smart enough to never need to resort to such means.

The notes listed seem quite incomplete. If there's not incense in this, then I just don't know what incense is, since I know of nothing else that could produce this particular quality of spiciness. There are also flowers here, little teeny white lily of the valley, perhaps?

All in all, WEST BROADWAY is a masculine-leaning fragrance with a dark side and also a light florality. Sounds like a contradiction, I know. But it is perhaps this very stubborn refusal to be categorized that keeps me coming back for more. Not on my FB wish list quite yet, though a few mls remain in my purse spray...

mal23
mal23

I am not a fan of the incense. However, the tea and lime n this scent esh together very well. Overall, a 6/10. Not for me though (Male early 20s)

mariotgomez

Being a windy and rainy day, I was in the mood for something sensual. One the Bond No.9 website they describe this fragrance as; "A smart, exceedingly dry gimlet, laced with crisp greens and a jolt of sensuality."

Today the Lilly of the Valley and the musk accords are dominant.

I love this scent today. The light musk notes with hints of floral green notes have me comfortably relaxed has my work day becomes hectic.

Truly a great scent for a mildly cold day. Getting occasional smells from it, just making me want to be at home with a book and a cozy blanket sipping either some tea or a latte.

mariotgomez

I received a free travel size of this fragrance a while ago with one of my purchases. I came across it again when I unpacking one of my toiletry bags.

I enjoy the richness and simplicity of this scent. As I wore this the other day, I kept thinking it reminds me of something else. It was not until my partner said "AW Silver Factory smell really light on you today." Imagine West Broadway the younger sibling of AW Silver Factory.

West Broadway also contains Lilly of the Valley notes along with lime and sheer musk accords. If there are any tea notes is is very subtle.

This can be best described as a soft floral,incense and musk fragrance.

For those who think Bond No.9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory is too heavy, I recommend trying West Broadway. It is a scent you can wear during the day at work or just hanging around.

West Broadway by Bond No 9 3.79 out of 5 based on 57 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 West Broadway fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 West Broadway, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify West Broadway by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of West Broadway by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.