Designers » B » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

West Side Bond No 9 for women and men
dislike

yellow floral
West Side Bond No 9 for women and men Pictures

West Side perfume, created by Michael Almairac, is inspired by the music of the very city, Carnegie Hall, the concert block, made of huge concert hall, two smaller halls and the museum, which spreads along whole block from 56th to 57th West Street, then Lincoln Center, complex of main cultural institution buildings, house of 12 arts, music and film industry, University, ballet, New York opera, Metropolitan opera, spreading all the way down the blocks on West Side, and the famous club Studio 54 in Manhattan. The bottle is decorated with universal symbol of music, the violin key, connecting this perfume with the musical heritage of the New York City, to which this fragrance is dedicated to. The music is everywhere on the West Side. The perfumes, as well as the music, are based on well balanced rhythm, melodious composition, harmonic or high notes. Top notes seduces us with the floral accords of intoxicating rose along with exciting ylang-ylang and peony, while the heart is warm with sandalwood and amber. Soft and warm vanilla and musk form the base. Bond No 9 West Side was introduced in 2006 as a unisex fragrance. It is available in 50 and 100 ml.     The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac.

Peony Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla Ylang-Ylang Rose

Rose Barbare
Safran Troublant
By Night Jette

West Side Fragrance Reviews

onaona
onaona

I smell amazing, like my adult self, lived in... a little more experienced.

West Side breathes notes of wine and roses and just a tad bit of lipstick. The vanilla is underneath, like a subtle lotion applied hours ago. I know it's there, but it's not displayed prominently as a centerpiece like the beautiful roses or close at hand in my favorite stemless wine glass. The amber is warm, safe, but a little late arriving. Wait for it, he's worth it.

The olfactory experience that is West Side is the perfect date fondly remembered. Wine, roses and a familiar warmth.

Close your eyes once you spray it. Where did it take you?
I'm betting a wine bouquet can be found near by and the someone you shared it with just as close.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

Apparently, unbeknownst to me, I have been a huge fan of vanilla and rose all this time. I thought I hated rose as a perfume note, but when mixed heavily with vanilla, it is heavenly.
This perfume surprised me. The lady at the Bond counter said it was her daughter's favorite perfume, and I tried to shake it off, saying, 'oh I've smelled that one, it smells like tangerines'. She said 'no, you must be thinking of another one, this one is very sweet'. So she sprayed some of it on a card for me, and I got goosebumps! This smells SO GOOD! She saw the look on my face and handed me the bottle to spray on myself. This smells like vanilla and an expensive rose soap. I can't stop sniffing my arm. It has lasted 6 hours so far, which is atypical of a Bond for me [they normally last 3 hours tops]. I have been getting faint wafts of it all day, so the sillage must be pretty good as well. I am going to have to buy this.
I am a huge fan of Mancera Roses Vanille, if you like that one I think you should definitely try this one.

apricot.porridge
apricot.porridge

I went into the store to have a whiff of Bond No. 9 New Haarlem, looking for a gourmand fragrance to be my new signature scent. Well long story short - that on me, didn't smell like the awesome, expensive breakfast I was expecting it to, based on the reviews I read!

I tried a few more fragrances by Bond, with similar notes to New Haarlem, until... I smelled West Side.

And, oh, oh my. I wasn't expecting to like it.. instead.. i Just ADORE it.
Despite the notes which don't look those of a gourmand perfume at all.. this definitely is an edible number.

On me, this fragrance opens with sweet and vibrant, warm rose, louder than the common, clean and soapy version of a rose scent, but still innocent and pure. Upon opening I detect hot cookies and raisins. Like tea time in an Irish garden.

Then, the peony and ylang-ylang start to peek through treating us with a cleaner, cooler version of the same rose note, while clearing the way for the vanilla to make a grandiose entrance.

The flowery freshness lingers for a little while, no more than 20-30 minutes, after then, the vanilla settles in, and here we get more sweetness again, which once more dissolves slowly and this time, it turns creamier as we reach the amber notes, which last very long, and gradually and seamlessly fade into the darker sandalwood - the note that closes the fragrance.

During all of these sweetness ups and downs, which prevent the perfume from getting boring, the rose always remains, it never ever disappears - it simply shows us different sides of her character by mixing and dancing with the other notes..

To sum things up.. this fragrance is simply a work of art. Absolutely recommended. It is genius. GENIUS.

Tardigrada
Tardigrada

Actually this is the only Bond I could wear and could actually own. Rather simple take on a vanilla gourmand rose, soft yet warm, just like a mother's embrace. Soothing and care free, yet balanced and gentle on the skin. Projection and longevity is amazing.
5 of 10

melitalee
melitalee

This is very easy to wear. Everyone in my household loves it when I wear it. It has medium silage. I can smell it on me without putting my wrist to my nose. I feel totally comfortable wearing this in any situation and it lasts 8+ hours on me.

jtd
jtd

I know a couple of Michel Almairac’s roses. Voleur de Rose for l’Artisan Parfumeur and the inexpensive but spectacular Cabaret for Grès. Voleur is a beautifully simple-to-wear patchouli rose with and earthy/fruity bent. Cabaret is a long-lasting musky rose/incense and one of the best perfumes available for about 25 bucks. Clearly, the perfumer knows his way around a rose garden.

If you like West Side, it is a richer, more complex perfume than either of the above two. If you’re not fond of it, it’s just more complicated. West Side doesn’t have the transparency of Cabaret or the succinctness of Voleur, but it is a well considered take on the gourmand-floral. West Side is built on a woody rose/vanilla core that gets pulled this way and that by a number of modifiers, making it a difficult perfume to categorize. Peony pulls the rose in a loud, frazzled direction. A sweet milkiness, I assume a sandalwood analogue, pulls the rose in a woody/creamy direction. Vanilla takes the rose toward the gourmand, but it’s not a Willy Wonka over-the-top dessert frenzy. It smells a bit like a rich, creamy porridge with rosewater. If the ‘neither/nor’ thing bothers you, West Side might not be your cup of tea. But if you like the idea of a perfume that presents a different face to different perspectives, give it a go.

West side isn’t my bag, but I can dig it, baby. It’s nicely composed, it wears very well over time and has an unhurried, zaftig sensibility. It’s dense and cozy, more a ‘come hither’ fragrance than a sillage monster.

from scenthurdle.com

fuggerone
fuggerone

boozy chocolate vanilla cake.... I use this as a go to sleep scent never wore it in public since it really is feminine and not unisex!

nebbe
nebbe

On me, there is a strong syrup vibe, not sure if I truly enjoy it. But then I reallyenjoy the other part of this fragrance - the rose, amber, sandalwood. Keep going back to try it. Which is not a bad sign - although my wallet stops me short of actually purchasing.

If you have it - enjoy! :)

jbells
jbells

I was sent a decant of this, and truthfully, I was not eager to try this. In the decant, the sandalwood and musk seemed to almost overpower the rose, which I didn't enjoy.

I finally sprayed it on, immediately noticing that it had decent sillage. I got rose at once, but also with that sandalwood, so I decided to let it do its thing and ignore it.

About 10 minutes later, I unexpectedly picked up this massive whiff of a slightly sweet, yummy rose. Not in-your-face sweet, though. This is a little honey-sweet. With vanilla. Yums.

After about an hour, it calms down slightly into a gentle, but still vibrant, rose mixed with mostly sandalwood, backed by musk, amber, and some vanilla. It comes across as trying to be creamy, but never really gets there. It also has a more masculine, boozy vibe, which could be nice, depending on your preference.

5 hours in, and West Side becomes rather muted. It no longer envelopes me, but I can catch whiffs of what is now a deeper scent, that seemed a bit more vanilla cake-like. I would say it fades completely after 6 hours on me.

As stated above, sillage was good. I sprayed once in the hollow of my neck, and once just above each elbow bend, and for the most part, it felt like I was constantly enveloped in it.

I mostly like this, but I think the decant that I have is more than enough for me. I'm not too partial to wearing a scent which, on me, leans on the masculine side. It is still a lovely, lovely perfume though.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

I Love West Side, at my nose to my skin I find no alcohol in here, but lots of Peony, Ylang Yland and Musc. For me definitely one favourite from this house. Its a bit sweet, and happy, delicious. I do not know these places Bond have named their scents and maby that is also positive thing. For me they just come like they are - Scents, without mind connection to environment. Few others have also started to love this scent when got inspired by me. I think it works really well here in North where winters are cold and summers are also cold to some people I think (between +20 to +32 celsius)
Here we find West Side to be sensual floral beauty with some sweetness in it. This is one of my best scents I have. Love from Finland ***<3<3<3***

christianne1
christianne1

I found West Side by googling "similar to Noir de Noir" because I was trying to find something similar to NdN without the chocolatety vibe. Someone said West Side and Noir de Noir smelled exactly the same so I got a sample. They do not smell remotely the same to me. Other than rose, do they even share any other notes? Amazing how differently we each can experience scent.

Anyway, back to West Side. When I first sprayed this I absolutely did not like it. Smelled like sniffing a liquor bottle to me. Then....it dried down. And what an absolutely stunning dry down it is. Boozy gourmand vanilla rose with the perfect balance of powder. West Side has gone from no thanks to one of my very favorite fragrances and I have two full bottles plus some hoarded samples. I love it so much it has made me reconsider my feelings for the house of Bond. I fell in love with this house in 2003 then my feelings changed after a number of disappointments and escalating prices and never ending releases. But West Side is making me want to give Bond another try.

I LOVE a bi-polar perfume moment. :) One of the best things that can happen as a fragrance head. As long as it is a negative turned positive. Not quite as much fun when it is the other way around. But when a fragrance can make you do a complete 180 on an entire fragrance house, you know you have found something special.

hijole74
hijole74

I'm generally a citrus person who doesn't go for sweet fragrances but this one's a winner, opening with liquor-soaked roses and eventually turning to honey touched with just a bit of sandalwood. This is something I imagine Winnie the Pooh would wear on a night out on the town... the honey note is that pronounced on my skin! I don't read this one as overly feminine though (Winnie the Pooh is a guy, right?) ... it just feels warm and comforting and the drydown leaves much of the sticky-sweetness behind.

Tomkokatarina@yahoo.com
Tomkokatarina@yahoo.com

It was a love at the first sight. I bought it on the spot. Then.... When I got home and smelled the paper on which I had sprayed the fragrance in the store, I almost cried. It dried to a sweet, masculine old fashioned sent. I was determined to return it, but I gave it one more try. And magically, on my skin it opened up to this gorgeous scent and never turned to that sweet overwhelmingly musky yacky smell.
I love it again and totally recommend :-)

NoFutureWithoutPerfume
NoFutureWithoutPerfume

This on my skin, is amazing. As a perfume freak and owner of many high end scents, I purchased this one on a whim. I loved it but wasn't expecting much. Every time I wear it -- It never fails to receive a compliment. This is absolutely the diamond in the rough in the Bond No. 9 line. One of three of the only Bond's I actually purchased. (Most give me a headache although they do smell great).

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I agree with cake on the sour rose. This is okay, but it's pretty "meh" to me. I get some maple-syrup notes in the drydown. I'm not very fond of Bond as a house as I tend to be underwhelmed by their fragrances, especially for the price. This one smells very synthetic and isn't very well-blended. I got a strong smell of alcohol for the first few minutes. It's just a basic sweet-and-sour perfume, which doesn't suit me because I like complexity. I will say that I like this bottle best over other Bond No. 9s, but that's about it. Pity, I was expecting more.

Norgirl
Norgirl

This one is very strange on my skin , It smells like Sunlotion warmed up on skin, the Rose isent very clean , it almost dirty mixing With ylang ylang, amber,peony and sandalwood. on me its no Vanilla at all. musk a tiny bit , Its more feminin then masculin IMO . There is kind of a tobacco smell in it making what seam to be a clean smelling perfume dirty and not very Nice ..It can be skin cemestry but this realy is nothing special taking the price and all in to consideration.
I can relate to the Bozzy smell that People is talking about . But its not in a positiv way. Thsi to me smells almost like some one do when they have been out on the town drinking and having some sigarets . I know this is extream and i do not want to offend anybody. but this is how it smells like to me
I have to look twice at the sample to see if i had the right one. so many positive rewievs . well well.. not for me anyways

meama
meama

189) From Russia with Love
A rose, treat this flower is the prerequisite for all perfume brands in the world.
But when I think of Bond 9 I'm obviously very afraid of the result.
The disappointment was beyond my expectations.
The opening is very alcoholic(boozy), like opening a flask of vodka. There are no special head notes, no pyramidal composition. It's just a smell that will decrease. At heart, even if there is not a really one, well yes there are rose petals floating in the bottle of alcohol and the vodka is strongly vanilla.
What is this? no head notes, no background notes?
You paid over $ 200 for a floor cleaner (and you've missed a bottle of Guerlain or Amouage). It gives me the impression of having spilled a glass of red wine on me, a rose for a bum.
This brand is undoubtedly in the most mediocre I've ever tried, and yet I have done hundreds.
There is in the U.S. divine little niche brands like Olympic Orchids, or very good like Smell Bent, and then of course the dozens of other European ones you can found everywhere in NY. So why pay such a price for a perfume that I did not even dare put in my bathroom? Is it a New Yorker fad?
Good longevity, weak sillage and very bad quality.

Une rose, traiter cette fleur est le passage obligé de toutes les marques de parfums du monde.
Mais quand je pense à Bond 9 j'ai évidemment très peur du résultat.
La déception a été au delà de mes attentes.
L'ouverture est très alcoolisée, comme ouvrir une flasque de rhum. Il n'y aucune note de tête particulière, pas de composition pyramidale. C'est juste une odeur qui va diminuer. En coeur, même si il n'y en pas vraiment, et bien oui il y a des pétales de rose qui flotte dans la bouteille d'alcool renversée et le rhum est vanillé.
Quoi c'est tout?? aucune notes de tête, aucune note de fond?
Oui Voila, vous avez payé plus de 200 $ pour un nettoyant de sol (en plus d'avoir raté un Guerlain ou un Amouage), il me donne l'impression d'avoir renversé un verre de vin rouge sur moi.
Cette marque se situe sans aucun doute dans les plus médiocre que j'ai jamais sentie et pourtant j'en ai fait des centaines.
Il y a aux USA des marques de niche divines comme Olympic Orchids, ou très bonnes comme Smell Bent, et puis évidemment les dizaines d'autres européennes qu'on trouve partout à N-Y. Alors pourquoi payer un prix pareil pour un parfum que je n'oserais même pas mettre dans mes toilettes? Es que c'est une mode New-Yorkaise?

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

If you are looking for a serious rose, you will not find her here. If you are looking for an expensive smelling rose, she doesn't live here either.

BUT what you will find here, is a playful, carefree, sensual, rich and loud one, in bright tones of neon fuchsias and pinks. The bottle is red, but in my mind the scent is not. Did I say BOOZY? yes, this rose is drenched in sweet wine and vanilla notes and a soft but present peony dances with them the whole way through. Amber gives it warmth. But don't be fooled! this is not your typical, sharp "bad" alcohol note. It is a sweet ambery cocktail. A little bit of sandalwood gives it stability and ylang ylang mingles with the rose to make it "dirty" and oh, so not well behaved.

A picture. Imagine an open-mic night in a NY West Side's beatnik club, a beautiful bohemian woman is sipping a glass of red wine in a deep colored velvet top with long sleeves, a large peony flower in a vase in front of her. She is wearing a single note rose perfume oil. The chatter, the laughter, her long curly black hair. She's smart, she's mysterious. She doesn't care that you don't find her elegant or put together or refined. She's having way too much fun. Everyday of her life. She eats decadent desserts because it gives her pleasure and she always stops to smell the roses. Always.

In my opinion this is one of Bond's best, if not by its quality and refinement, then by the way it succeeds in creating a mood, an illusion, an emotion. Unisex? yeah, maybe. Whatever floats your boat. The lady doesn't care about that either.

3 sprays and this lovely stayed with me all day. A very long day. Until I showered and still, I can smell it linger and the ylang ylang really shines with all its splendor in the end. I adore this perfume so much.

EDIT as much fun as we had, West Side was like a pretty girl/boy you spend an awesome fun night of debauchery with, only to wake up the day after realizing that you drank to much the night before and what were you thinking? LOL We had fun yes, but this girl likes to party too much for me. I prefer a more serious, traditional or dark moody rose in the long run.

Lausal2328
Lausal2328

Opens with an alcoholic note to the point I was a little worried before going to work, but after that u get some floral/powdery scent. Longevity is ok, and moderate sillage, this is a must try before you buy scent.

Jwaks
Jwaks

boozy powdery dark pink rose and vanilla with amber and light sandalwood lingering in the background. Difficult for a guy to pull off. There is something dark and brooding in this that I can't quite put my finger on, it almost smells like liquid vanilla extract instead of the sweet vanilla I know and love. More formal and feminine than casual and masculine, this would smell awesome on a woman all dressed up for a night out on the town. If you're a guy in search of a rose fragrance I reccomend Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir and Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme.

Update : now that this has been on my skin for about an hour I partially take back what I said about it being feminine. It gets a bit darker with more amber and boozy vanilla with the rose taking a backseat. There's also an odd chocolatey scent too. The right kind of guy could definitely wear this one perhaps pairing it with a maroon or vermillion button up shirt.

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

I put this on at 6:00am and its now 2:00 pm and its still going strong. I really do enjoy the booziness of this and the rose and vanilla are to die for. I feel quite sensual wearing this perfume and others may not feel that way with the cake reference and all. But it definitely is for me. I really am glad I purchased it.

Whit
Whit

The people at Bond sent me a sample of this and now I own it. On my skin, it smells like an alcoholic standing in a garden of roses. LOL I do love it though! It's very boozy at first; I almost feel like I'm dousing myself in rum. Then the roses and vanilla come into play as it settles, but the booziness is still there. It's actually very lovely and unique with longevity around 8 hours on my skin and heavy sillage. I also agree with it being a comfort scent; it's very nice on cool, rainy spring days.

Morielmc
Morielmc

I loved this fragrance. Long lasting and yummy... Vanilla is definitely there. Big fan of Bond no 9 and this one is a keeper.

OZ
OZ

It smells like alcoholic rose water to me. Love the smell but I have had people asking me if I have been drinking?!?!

AZ
AZ

This perfume is smell of india. it got the blend of south asian flowers and it unquine smell. I bought it for my wife and she love it. This perfume is more femenine too as for the sillage is quiet good.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

Okay, I wore this all day and I loved the opening, however what sillage is everyone talking about? Everyone says this is loud on projection and it's not at all. I kept hoping get whiffs of this throughout the day and nothing. I need a bit more sillage , but too bad because I love the scent. Great scent of red wine, roses, and vanilla. Good for gourmand lovers.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

If you love TOCADE and it's vanilla rose sweetness, think of this as the slightly "naughty" version. The whole vintage circa 1950's cocktail party "vibe" I get with this makes me want to wear this for upcoming Holiday parties. A mature scent but the younger girls, who possess sophistication and self-assuredness could be comfortable in this one.

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

This is what an alcoholic who wears expensive perfume should smell like lol. This is one BOOZY perfume that just hits your senses in all the right places. It's mesmerizing, seductive, mysterious, and BOOZY. This is for sure top 5 in the house of Bond. You will oooooooze sensual mystery when you wear this. omg im in love with it i dont regret blind buying this at all.

Baldric
Baldric

I wish this was half the price that it is. I find it to be quite feminine. Soft, creamy, musky rose-vanilla. I have not tested hundreds of perfumes but I try to smell as many as I can and I feel that this has a unique smell despite pretty popular notes. Lasting power is decent, silage is light. Great for daytime use and pretty seasonless as well although I like it for early fall the best.

Deppaholic

I might add.....this smells like "nothing" I have ever smelled before. Totally unique.

Deppaholic

I get all these notes. I feel this is very feminine, leaning towards a younger woman. Perhaps in her 30's. I like it, and the Bond quality is there for sure. I just love the creaminess of their line. I don't think I will re-order again though. I am so in love with New Haarlem. This is will get moved to the back of the shelf and maybe even given to my daughter if she would like it. It's very nice, but not my favorite in this line. Try to sample before you blind buy. Although, it is pretty nice if you do find a bargain on it, jump at it. I love Bond No 9.

Cams
Cams

Intoxicating is just about right! Unique and truly magical rose/vanilla scent with a mesmirizing boozy impact and it lasts forever - in excess of 12 hours! Perfect!

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

Wearing this perfume is like eating creamy ice cream in a rose garden in late summer. Absolutely and incredibly yummy!

It starts off strong, and a little sharp in the opening, but soon lots of luscious rose starts to waft through. The moderately sweet, but very rich and dense vanilla kicks in pretty soon also.

Eventually there is a hint of musk which also makes its presence known, but really, the stars of this show are rose and vanilla.

This perfume boasts a wispy coolness to it throughout. Smelling it is just like inhaling the scent of ice cream straight from the tub.

The longevity is great...this being a perfume that lasts all day long without any reapplication. The sillage is strong in the start but gradually softens.

This is a cool and creamy vanilla/rose with a little bite.

All in all, a thoroughly intoxicating scent.

nikitajade

Second test run: couldn't do a thorough 1st run do to obligations.

Top Notes: I smell some citrus and musk from somewhere. Also, a good sharp peppery scent. Nice, not me, but pleasant enough.

Mid Notes: YEA GADS! there is this bleachy vodka smell!!! i'm on my way to a parent teacher conference, not exactly the image i want to project!!!

Dry down: I can smell the rose, definitely the rose, powdery-sweet--I can still smell a hint of lemon, but apparently that's just me. I don't get but a small touch of vanilla, not in anyway overpowering. (and I am a woman who loves my vanilla) I still stick with my original premise. Nice sophisticated rose, but more for my daughter than myself.

nikitajade

it's nice, not quite what i was expecting, but it is a fresh, light surprise. it's really more my daughter's style than mine and she adores it. but i do like it, could grow on me over time.

kingfisher
kingfisher

What a pleasant surprise, I was expecting something heavy like a middle eastern oriental falling towards rose & sandalwood but what I experienced was entirely different. It is all about vanilla thrown in with some delicious spices though rose is present all the way to the end but does not feel heavy. Great projection & longevity, Quite intoxicating !!

lfmars98
lfmars98

Lovely scent. Starts out with nice boozy rose, then the vanilla and amber kick in. I really enjoyed wearing it. Very unisex. Moderate projection and I got 9+ hours of longevity. This is on my buy list. 9/10

Polayda
Polayda

For me,the best perfume of the bond series.Very warm,quality.it makes me dreaming,thinking,takes me somewhere where i dont know.Elegant,positive,cool persons have to wear this.
Just one word : magnificent!

I got to test this thanks to Kchild who sent me a lovely and generous sample.

For a floral-woody-musk, it's much heavier on the "floral" part than any other perfume I know of in its genre. It's very strong on fresh, sweet roses. Next I would say musk is pretty strong, and I don't smell the woods so much.

I think this would be really nice just about any time of year. It's a great, modern, youthful, vibrant interpretation of the classic rose.

jae
jae

You know, I felt very flirtatious when I tested this. This is floral and warm with a touch of gourmand - just perfect for casual seduction.

I think Francopop's review is on-point. Rose wine and vanilla ice cream are two things I'd be prone to enjoy as a prelude to seduction. LOL

I get a decent projection and killer longevity, plus the swooning factor. Ladies, beware.... hahahaha

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I love this scent! As "Francopop" has so brilliantly described, think of over-ripe, fading, potent and sweet Rosepetals harvested in the warm afternoon sun, dunked and drunk on lukewarm Rosé Wine....let it rest and add 5 scoops of vanilla ice cream, more roses, 1 or 2 peony heads, some rose-pedal jam, break in some toasted ice cream wafers, a dash of amber, musk, Ylang-Ylang and sprinkle with some real vanilla pod granules, and let it rest in the afternoon warm sun. Fill up with champagne, dress with more toasted wavers and serve!

This is a totally 100% cheerful, feel-good skin scent with very moderate projection (the vanilla accord stays on the longest) starting with that boozy, alcoholic whiff of roses, then the vanilla/ wafer/ baby-skin scent takes over and becomes sweeter and sweeter....nothing much else happens to this reliant "Labrador" of a scent.

Personally, I love this for the summer months, despite being a fairly sweet scent and I do funnily prefer it to the more potent and stronger, yet "cooler" and somewhat louder, more complex and crisper "Lyric Man" by AMOUAGE (some people might kill me now but despite liking "Lyric Man" I prefer it on a woman).

"West Side" also reminds me of "L'Eau D'Hiver" by Frederic Malle, also a very pleasant skin scent with similar soft (yet more milky and more almondy nature) character and little projection.

This is not a "head-turning" perfume but more of an intimate feel-good scent that you might wanna enjoy on those special and relaxed summer evenings.....perfect soundtrack to this would be Otis Redding's "Dock Of The Bay".

Very 'gourmand', you cannot stop sniffing, you wanna eat it as it smells so good. Advice, spray also on fabric to intensify scent.

gregmech26
gregmech26

Bond No. 9's West Side smells very similar to Tom Ford's Black Orchid (which was Michael Jackson's favorite).

Although both sway over to the feminine side, West Side is more unisex, and is much more tolerable for the metro-sexual male to pull off. West Side is a "doughy" and ripe/dense humid red rose with cream.

West Side almost smells like an upscale version of Paco Rabanne Black XS, except West Side is a rose-vanilla gourmand rather than the Strawberry/Praline of Black XS. West Side also has some resemblance to Euphoria for Women by Calvin Klein. Someone also previously mentioned that the nose behind West Side also created a similar perfume called Joop Jette, which is much cheaper.

I find West Side to be a very well defined, clean, transparent, rich, and lovely fragrance which is neither too heavy nor too light.

Creed's Virgin Island Water and Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille are next on my list of niche scents.

Francop
Francop

West Side by Bond No. 9

Rose` wine and italian vanilla ice cream in a sweet french gelaterie watching the world go by...that is my description of West Side by Bond no 9.

It lasts forever and keeps you wrapped up in a jolly dream for a very long while...wonderful stuff; great for evening wear and totally unisex...big thumbs up !!!

I was introduced to this fragrance by a rather good-looking male sales assistant. He wasn't trying to sell it to me, he was just so very eager to show me what he personally wore.

West Side struck me almost immediately as being rather strong, feminine in some ways with a note that resembled that raisin-type smell of tobacco. The scent when summed up in my own words, is tobacco-rose.

This fragrance has a lovely richness to it, that does make it extremely wearable for both sexes. There is a definite sweetness in there somewhere, perhaps even a gourmand touch, yet not too sugary.

This fragrance is very Wintery and warm, I couldn't possibly imagine anyone wearing it during the hotter months. The very alluring sales assistant informed me that he wore this fragrance whenever he went out, where many often asked what perfume he was wearing. It was not always a definite crowd-pleaser however it always had people intrigued.

Despite the array of floral notes, which do seem rather feminine when observed in its scent pyramid, West Side is very bold and very different. The drydown has a very likable carmelised quality, rich and syrupy.

Unfortunately this fragrance is not very long lasting, which was a shame because its sillage seemed to suggest otherwise.

Wending one's way through the ever-expanding world of Bond no 9 is no mean feat. No matter how many reviews I write, I find that still more lie ahead (WASHINGTON SQUARE and COOPER STATION are lurking on the horizon, when I have yet even to taste HIGH LIFE or MONTAUK!) And then some of their wares just take some time to wrap one's nose around, a case in point being WEST SIDE.

WEST SIDE opens with an evanescent cinnaminty freshness which, as I far as I can tell, no one but me has detected. For about one minute, this perfume reminds me very much of Dentyne (or is it Trident?) chewing gum. From there, the roses descend, not petal by petal, but by the truckload. The roses are suspended in amber, which abides through to the drydown, making this to some an amber rose perfume. I've seen comparisons to TOCADE, but I think that WEST SIDE is distinct, and while I very much appreciate the former, I'm not sure yet--even after multiple testings--about the latter.

I think that I do not understand WEST SIDE. For one thing, it does not remind me of music at all, since aside from the surprising and mildly discordant Dentyne opening--perhaps designed to mimic the experience of popping a tic-tac in one's mouth at the opening of an opera?--I don't experience a lot of development, much less lyric undulation. WEST SIDE is just sweet roses and amber to me. So what would the musical analogue be? Philip Glass?

As an irrelevant aside, I wish that they had used a less orangey red for this bottle. I feel that there is a clash of the reds between the roses and the vessel in which they are presented. I will say that the staying power of this edp is quite good, as evidenced by the fact that even after a few wearings, my purse spray is still nearly full!

gr3g
gr3g

Rose, Rose and one more time rose. To me it smells like mostly rose, moreover there are diffrent flowers and pretty big dose of sweetness which it could be trick of vanilla. Very pleasent and elegant fragrance, sometimes it reminds me of hot rose syrup (this kind of syrup for tea).

mocha43
mocha43

Pleasant floral but not outstanding. It has no significant development like some other Bond fragrances. At least, not on me. The rose note seems to predominate on me. Some Bonds I adore but this one is ho-hum. Itested this from a bon bon sample.

mal23
mal23

This is a powdery floral scent on my skin. I am a young adult male, and this scent was just to feminine when i tested it. I'm sure woman will love it but not for men at all!!

dianafrances
dianafrances

if you love amber fragrances, i recommend this one. all i had to do was smell westside on a spray card and i immediately purchased it when it first came out. it really is a beautiful, warm, and elegantly comfortable fragrance. the metallic undertones keep this scent from being too sweet.

eljayebee
eljayebee

I want so much to love this (I'm an opera lover,so I adore Lincoln Center,home of the Met), but so far it seems a bit understated for me. The first perfume where I can actually pick out the vanilla notes.Maybe just too elegant for me. I'm more Verdi and Puccini than Handel and Monteverdi. And you gotta love the bottle.

honeydays
honeydays

Powdery and soft. Pretty, yet somehow unremarkable as well. It is described as unisex, but I find it very feminine.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

MMMM! This was one of my favorites! Smells soooo freakin' good! Like cakes and musk! I can't WAIT to get this!

Kankuro
Kankuro

Try "By Night Jette" from Jette Joop. It's the same fragrance, but WAY cheaper.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

I love mariotgomez's comment "it reminded me of my mother baking a cake (vanilla)and my father bringing her a bouquet of roses" - perfect description! This is a beauty of a scent, elegant and voluptuous, yet comforting at the same time. A favorite!

mariotgomez

Now having added this fragrance to my collection, I have to keep myself from wearing it every day. I like to keep others guessing what fragrance I am wearing. Today, when I spray this fragrance on, it reminded me of my mother baking a cake (vanilla)and my father bringing her a bouquet of roses. I Love this scent. It is one of my top 5 favorites.

mariotgomez

This is truly a surprising scent by the Bond No. 9. West Side first seduces you with a floral note and then caresses you with a warming of amber, sandalwood, musk and vanilla notes. I look forward to adding this to my collection of fragrances.

West Side by Bond No 9 4.09 out of 5 based on 247 ratings and 56 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bond No 9 West Side fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bond No 9 West Side, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify West Side by Bond No 9. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of West Side by Bond No 9 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.