Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Il Bacio Borghese for women

Il Bacio Borghese for women
dislike

Il Bacio Borghese for women Pictures Il Bacio Borghese for women Pictures

Il Bacio by Borghese is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Il Bacio was launched in 1993. Top notes are freesia, honeysuckle, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; middle notes are melon, peach, plum and passionfruit; base notes are musk, amber, sandalwood and virginia cedar.

Freesia Honeysuckle Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Melon Peach Plum Passionfruit

Musk Amber Sandalwood Virginia Cedar

No Matter What
Cabotine Rose

Il Bacio Fragrance Reviews

zosoroxy
zosoroxy

I looove to apply Il Bacio right out of the shower, during Summer heat-streaks, when it's far too hot & humid for heavy frag's, make-up, & blow-drying hair. So, my wet hair goes up into a simple ponytail, accented by stud diamond knot earrings, Zero make-up (except a swipe of juicy lip gloss) completes my look, I spray Il Bacio lavishly, & I'm otd.

Often honoured as "THE original, reference fruit/floral, done right". Church. There is nothing quite like Il Bacio! Deftly captures the sweetness of Summer Fruits & Florals, but AVOIDS added sugar! Absolutely dripping w/ Sun-warmed, oozing ripe fruit juices just picked/off the vine- A stunning, fem Florals/Fruits at Heart! Blended / balanced to perfection.

Il Bacio (EdP, w/ dabs of extrait) epitomizes an under-appreciated, under-rated, under-priced perfume- A true treasure! Others compliment my perfume every time I wear her :)

Borghese really created a timeless masterpiece w/ Il Bacio... Tender Florals, Luscious ripe Fruits, grounded on a simple bed of clean, White Musk & Woods! Sillage & longevity aren't impressive- I re-apply every 3 hours or so- Layering w/ strategically placed dabs of the parfum significantly improves projection & duration of wear. Frankly, her price point (EdP) allows me to apply lavishly- It never becomes cloying. (I carry a purse atomizer for re-application when I'm not able to make it home to re-apply.) It seems impossible to over-apply- The more heavy-handed I apply Il Bacio, the more frequent compliments I receive! Lack of staying power is my only complaint, but Il Bacio is SO glorious, that I'm willing to re-apply frequently (every 3-4 hours).

Il Bacio is a treasure I'll maintain in rotation, life-long- Borghese willing! :)

Update: ??? D/C'd ???

extravaganzza
extravaganzza

just like a bit vintage I wore it in the early 90's and lot of guys were impressed by its charming :)I was in my mid 20's at that time:(

Chiquis
Chiquis

I'm not reviewing the fragrance, but I wanted to let those that love this fragrance and live in the US that the department store Kohl's carries this perfume online.

lalondem
lalondem

I Have 2 bottles of this and I have always loved it. In fact it is one of the perfumes I use sparingly because the perfume websites don't seem to have much of it. I'm worried it has been D/C'd ?? There is a rich fruity smell that smells like no other. Out of the 189 reviews here, only one person has come up with a SMELLS LIKE. That speaks to me that it is pretty original!
And BTW -who said a perfume with fruits in it can't be classy....who is making up these rules?? It is the person who wears the perfume who is classy -or not! If you are an OVERSPRAYER of even good "old French house" perfumes -THAT is not classy. OVERSPRAYING not classy. Subtle is what class does best - not whether there is too much fruit....

Soie
Soie

This review is for a flacon of Il Bacio purchased by me approximately 15 years ago. I have no idea what year it was reintroduced so I'll assume mine is a vintage offering.

I am just now retesting this after a hiatus of well over a decade, and it remains exactly as I remember: a sweet / honeyed, opulent, wine-like perfume with rich notes of fruits, musk and flowers. <- This description is a similar to the one I wrote after my first time wearing Il Bacio circa 1999-2000.

As my perception and enjoyment of this fragrance has not changed after all this time, neither has the quality of its ingredients.

Its distinctive fruity aspect seems largely derived from peaches & plums; though fragrant honeydew and passionfruit are still quite evident. Once they became known to me as notes of this fragrance, it was no task for my nose to pick them out, (especially the slightly soapy / slightly green scent of honeydew; and the hint of "Hawaiian Punch" is what gives away the note of passionfruit).

As to florals, honeysuckle is most discernible to my nose, followed by freesia, jasmine and muguet. As the fruit notes recede the floralcy takes center stage. Shortly thereafter, the fragrance mellows just a bit, turning softly powdery, and with a trace of spice.

Il Bacio is quite the vivid fragrance; even at this stage where it is mellowing out and warming up in preparation of a woody drydown, this vividness is still only dialed down a notch. Its fruity liqueur & musk opening is still evident amidst the now rosy, breezy, ambery but morphing towards sandalwood, floralcy.

SabrinaBD
SabrinaBD

The currently available version :
Sweet. Very sweet. Almost too sweet but it's cut with enough green notes to smell clean. A nice , cheerful daytime scent. Unobtrusive and polite.

preux
preux

Disclaimer: I have the new one. I've never smelled the old one, so my experience is based purely on the one currently available.

I don't quite know how to describe this. It's seductive in an unconscious sort of way, like someone who doesn't turn heads exactly, but you find yourself wanting to look and look again because there's something curiously arresting about her. Il Bacio isn't one that I found myself immediately struck by - not due to any issues with the notes, just because at first it seems unassuming. Yet as time went by, I found myself more and more appreciative of how captivating this fragrance is. I never really understood what others meant when they said they caught wafts of perfume throughout the day before. To me fragrance was either a constant presence or something I noted once but then sort of forgot about. But this surprised me with lovely awareness, like "oh, I'm wearing a rather delightful perfume!"

When I wear this, it's mostly a floral overture, but there are some peachy-plummy notes with a hint of cream weaving in and out as well. Though some have reservations about this formula's longevity, I find that on me it lasts ~7 hours or so. I also love the cap with its red knots. The box is a bit stupid but the actual bottle befits the elegant, alluring scent within.

The kid I was babysitting the first time I wore this told me I smelled like angels. That's a ringing endorsement in my book!

jlfears
jlfears

(This is for the old version. The new one has the same topnotes, but the drydown is missing the OOMPH of the original. Read on to see what said "oomph" is.)

This smells great from the time I spray it until 24 hours later ~ outstanding staying power, although a bit much for the first 30 minutes or so.

I smell peach, plum, woody something or other (cedar? rosewood?), and something akin to clove.

This is unusual in a very good way. It's also one of those perfumes that smells better ON your skin than from the bottle. (If you smell the sprayer, it smells kind of ick-ucky. Don't let that deter you!)

I get compliments from men and women every time I wear it. And very few people wear it.

It's highly underrated.

BEST: Some combination of notes gives it an incredibly rich and spicy unique after-sniff. Just dreamy.

trishar
trishar

Really beautiful floral depth. A little goes a long way as the dry down is divine and lasting. I save all of my more complex 80's / 90's ladies for autumn/winter wear and this one qualifies. Amarige anyone? Don't find Il Bacio around too much so do enjoy bringing it to new and appreciative generations. It will cling to clothing and upholstery so comes in handy when wanting to make a memorable impression. Classic and a keeper.

darcy2
darcy2

The best fruity floral (with spice, ofcourse) I have ever tried. Tested the current formulation, starts out like vintage Il Bacio, but doesn't dry down the same - as though the basenote is missing. I' gonna go for vintage, its' still pretty reasonable, and see how that goes. I used to LOVE this scent!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I am so very surprised not to see tuberose listed here!

Having only tried this fragrance once, I'm sure that my initial impression could be subject to change. But on first trial, it reminded me strikingly of the aura of Rare Gold. They would not be twin sisters, but perhaps cousins. What they share in common:

Loud.
Bold.
Floriental.

And yet, extremely likeable! The clever reviewer who described Il Bacio as "robust" could hardly have been more accurate. All in all, a terrific value. :)

Vglenn91
Vglenn91

Theres something about this perfume, for me, that's hard to forget..and I love it!! This is definitely one of my favorite scents. It was my mothers and I had to have it for myself. It definitely didn't take many sprays to do the job..but it is timeless and beautiful.

stormyla
stormyla

I came across a small bottle of the Il Bacio parfum in a box lot of vintage minis that I bought. I'd used other Borghese products before but never tried any of their fragrances.

The opening roared to life with the most unusual sweet opening that kept getting larger and larger and the smell was extremely fruity and syrupy, but in a strangely wonderful way. The opening lasted a long time, about an hour and a half. It never weakened and I was sure that it was about to become unbearable, but it never did. I was hoping that it would change as I am not fond of fruity fragrances.

Then the flowers emerged and the sweetness reduced significantly. I found the second stage to be gorgeous, but still very loud. I spent a number of hours cooking for a party with lots of onions and garlic and all through that I kept getting strong wafts of this scent. It was a bit disconcerting.

Finally about 4 hours from the start,the dry dow began. Oh my heavens,was it lovely! It went on for hours and hours,so soft,warm and sensual, a stark contrast to the raucous opening and rowdy center stage. I haven't really ever worn a scent that is heavy on Honeysuckle before and I found that to be a nice change.

I used about 3 drops in the crook of each elbow. Next time,I'll try just one each and adjust from there. The fragrance lasted a good 17 hours on me. This will not be a steady diet for me, but I will look forward to my next Il Bacio adventure with joy!

This would probably be a good fragrance to wear for a night trip to a smoky casino. If it can hold it's own against onions and garlic,it can probably handle cigarette smoke with aplomb!!

There are a lot of good buys on vintage Il Bacio on Ebay. I will probably buy another small bottle of the parfum for the times when only a secret weapon will do!

freddinos
freddinos

I am reviewing the vintage pure perfume formula:
Il Bacio is a beautiful floral perfume that smells 'vintage' in a 90s way. I do not detect many of the fruits, its mostly a floral to my nose, with lots of jasmine and hints of honeysuckle and lily of the valley. The peach is really subdued, as is the melon. I can see this perfume appealing to people who like Poeme, Tresor and other classic florals or fruity florals from the same decade. As for me, it has a great charm! I love its character, its name and its bottle. Would love to get a full bottle of the reformulation, if only it wasn't for all the reviews here mentioning that the new is only a shadow of the vintage.
Overall a perfume very appropriate to its name: feels like a light kiss on the cheek from a person you love dearly, not a passionate kiss on the lips but an innocent and friendly one!

PS: no resemblance to Laura Biagiotti's Venezia whatsoever, not even to the Pastello version.

daleythorn
daleythorn

This was my signature scent back in high school in the 90s. I remember I wanted it badly, but it was out of my price range at the time and my very thoughtful friends pooled their money and surprised me at Christmas one year, probably 1994. This was such a big deal at the time, and I will never forget their gesture. This was the first "adult" fragrance that I ever owned. I felt very sophisticated owning and wearing this. Regardless of how my tastes might have changed over the years, this will always be my first love, my high school sweetheart of a scent (:

TexasGoose
TexasGoose

I was told IL BLANCO means "a little kiss" way back when this was introduced. And to me it still is. Today I am wearing the very last of a bottle my youngest son in his 20's bought me the Christmas after his Dad/my husband of 30 years died.
Even though I do not have a signiture scent. I enjoy to many. There are several I always have: GUCCI Rush and Good Life by Davidoff. Right now I am trying Christian For Her by Christian Audigier and Celine from Celine Dion. Trying to finish a bottle of J'adore by Dior which is beautiful but not.
Point is I learned IL BLANCO really means "The Kiss" but to me it still means "a little kis" because that's what it inparts on my skin and why I still enjoy wearing it all these years later. And yes I will buy another bottle.

karamia
karamia

I too wore this in the 90's. A rather old fragrance for a girl in her twenties. I do remember getting quite a few compliments on it, from men actually. I'm keen to give it another smell and re-visit it. Is it still sold in the shops?

Gekons
Gekons

It was a blind buy based on reviews. Yes..I must have read more careful..it is sweet and very, very vintage.Makes me feel old.
I am disappointed.

jjrolfe58
jjrolfe58

My all time favorite perfume. I get so many compliments when I wear this perfume. Once I spray in the morning it lasts all day but I can't smell it but others can.

jamiebmichelle
jamiebmichelle

I purchased a new bottle of Il Bacio (unsniffed) from a reputable wesite. No wonder it was so cheap- it smells harsh, synthetic, cheap, and a bit rancid. I am so disappointed.

napoleonica
napoleonica

charming floral fruity with a vintage touch.It's a pity that being an EDP it`s not enough long lasting.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I used to love this but I never actually got it. Of course this was in the 90's and now it isn't me so much. I do remember it as a lovely fragrance but I think it is more floral than I am now into. If you love a very floral fragrance this might be for you.

flyysince89

This perfume is definitely for a confident, mature woman . This scent reminds me of a classy regal beauty , who holds her head high and smiles as if she knows something the rest of the world doesn`t . I feel wonderful when I wear this perfume . The sillage is great , it lasts throughout my work day !

eruetim
eruetim

I purchased this as a student in London at the Sales, I think it was Selfridges or Harvey Nichols. Delightful, robust fragrance. I am surprised it is not more popular. I cannot find it in New Zealand.

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

I can pretty much guarantee that this early 90's gem has been reformulated into oblivion :o(. A friend gave me a bottle in '93 that she bought in London as it was launched. It was incredible back then ... sumptuous and long lasting. I had the misfortune of testing it again about a year ago and what I smelled was definitely not Il Bacio ... at least not the way I remember it.
The number of awesome fragrances from the late 80's and early 90's destroyed by reformulation is ABSOLUTELY STAGGERING!!
With my limited knowledge of sales and marketing, even I know that to create a new customer costs six times more than keeping an existing one happy. Reformulating a fragrance seems a costly exercise to me, as does spending surely exhorbitant amounts of money on new releases, when clever expenditure on keeping a fragrance the same would keep an existing client base happy and draw a new crowd to a product.
The endless regurgitation of flankers is also pointless to my mind ... like a really good movie that becomes ridiculous by the time installment 10 arrives. I'm probably approaching this from a very uneducated and simplistic point of view. I just hate the demise of some of the fragrances I've used and loved.

isabella.fr.83
isabella.fr.83

got it yesterday. it is a well balanced floral, it smells very nice indeed, but sadly not for long. So I am rather disapointed and won't buy again

artsymom
artsymom

The other reviewers said it very well. It's lovely- warm, creamy fruit and flowers, however it's a bit too sweet for my current taste in scents (which always seems to be changing). PM me if you're interested in my almost full bottle.

PalmSpringsTammy
PalmSpringsTammy

Just as "a bit vintage" posted, I too wore Il Bacio in the 90's (I loved and used Princess Marchella Borghese cosmetics too) I decided to buy a bottle from Amazon. I was SO excited when it was delivered yesterday. I ripped the shipping box open to find that the perfume box did not have a cellophane over wrap on it. I saw that as a red flag. The box was slightly damaged, another red flag. I spritzed some onto my wrists, and OMG!!! It was nasty and rancid. The dry down only slightly smells like the old Il Bacio I know and love. Luckily, Amazon has awesome customer service reps. They are going to refund my money, and told me I can dispose of the perfume as I see fit. Sure wish I had a different outcome. Anyone else have this problem with Il Bacio fragrance lately?

this is the type of perfume that reminds me of heavy brocade curtains from the past. there is something i like about it, yet something i don't. i smell the fruit, but its the florals and freesia that really come thru for me. it can be a bit heavy and a bit dusty. i use with a light hand. i own a small bottle and thats just enough for me.

candymarie
candymarie

I agree with previous reviewer's descriptions: heavenly, ladylike, joyful, mature. But not mature as in old-fashioned, but rather mature as in elegant.

It reminds me of something my classy mom might've worn in the late 70's, and she did use some Borghese facial cleansers and lotions, so I'm wondering if maybe the same scent palette was used back then for those products that is in Il Bacio.

Although it is undeniably beautiful, for some reason I cannot sink my teeth into it the way I'd like to. I think my olfactory sensors must be tweaked by all the vanillic and woody orientals I've been inhaling recently. "Hello, my name is candymarie and I'm addicted to vanillic and woody orientals." "Hello candymarie."

I.I
I.I

One word only: HEAVENLY!
I don't know if it's helpful, but this is what I think about this perfume. I ADORE IT!
I had doubts about it from the first time I bought it, as it was a blind buy. When I sprayed it on my wrist, it really 'slapped' me but with a very possitive surprising way.
So feminine, ladylike, joyful and COMPLITELY floral...THE ultimate floral perfume.
It lasts really long, it is not heavy at all but it can be, if sprayed too much. One or two spritzs are enough.
I think it would be nice for everybody, even younger girls, but it is rather a mature scent. But what a nice mature scent!
I have to say that I like honeysuckle very much, maybe this is why I like this perfume so very much! It definately worths buying though.
Only negative: The bottle. Is rather cheap and not very nice compared to the perfume itself, which smells really expensive.

september
september

My second favorite perfume. So sensuous and feminine. I prefer to wear this scent in the evening because it is stronger (but not overwhelming) than my usual scent and long lasting. European luxury!

aprilmoon
aprilmoon

Edited to say: What happened to this once gorgeous perfume? I ordered it from a reputable online company November of 2011 and threw it away. I don't know if the perfume was a knock-off, had gone bad, or was reformulated. This is not the perfume I once knew and loved. If anyone knows anything specifically about a reformulation, please let me know. Thank you!

Original Review:

The first time I ever smelled Il Bacio my eyes flew open and I was 'home'. It's sharp floral attributes went right to my brain and stayed there.

Imagine a floral bouquet...reds, pinks, whites and greens with a magical current of electricity running through it. That is Il Bacio. What starts out as a heady, full floral perfume graduates into a fresh, clean, gorgeous fragrance. I would say its unique elixir is comparable to Alfred Sung's Sung perfume.

I usually have good luck finding this at TJ Ma**...not very expensive for such a special perfume. I don't see it there very often, but when I do, it is all mine!

olga1780
olga1780

It's like a cross breed between Sunflowers and Mackie, more Sunflowers, but without the chemical notes of Sunflowers.
Very pleasant and easy to wear, but nothing to be extremely excited about. For me it's something to put on in the morning or to wear around the house.
It would be probably great to wear it out on a hot summer day.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Wow, there are a lot of very good reviews, so I ordered a miniatur bottle on ebay.
It opens with a strong blast of unpleasant alcohol. When the alcohol disappear, something sweet - no idea what it is - appear and holds on me centuries for sure.
I did not wait centuries, after 15 minutes I scrubbed it off - with bleach-cleaner, because the liquidsoap did not work. Big disappointment in the kind of smell, a miracle in the staying power.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

This perfume will get you many kisses and compliments if you asked me. Two sprays and the whole room will smell of florals and lily of the valley. I believe its very romantic, and perfect for special occasions and evenings. It does dry down to a peach smell but its inoffensive. I Love it!

perfumecollector
perfumecollector

Took a risk and bought this unsniffed, based entirely on the good reviews here and it was a good decision. I am loving Il Bacio - it is a deliciously seductive scent and I am very pleased with my purchase. There is something warm and beckoning about this fragrance that beguiles the wearer in towards it.

When I first spray it, I get the beautifully blended florals and I love this phase. And right off the bat, I can also detect the fruit, although the florals predominate early on. At this point, what comes to mind literally, is a lovely big creamy bouquet of flowers around which are grouped the luscious fresh fruits including plum, melon and passionfruit.

The base notes are really muted for me and I also find that the longevity is not that great, but then I always wonder if that is because my bottle was sitting for a long time at some online retailers store before I purchased it. But you can always re-spray if needed.

All in all, it is a creamy compote of lovely flowers and subtle fruits, a sophisticated scent that makes you feel like a beautiful, sexy woman.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Now this was nice, had it years ago and remember it. Scent holds deep, sophisticated. When you can find, great cheapie deal.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I purchased this blind based on the reviews here and the exceptionally low price. It is very nice - thick and rich in the beginning then it gets a but softer. Very well done.

skitten
skitten

What can I say....? As I am a lover of orientals, I thought I'd try something out of my norm.. as I do every now and then... is not like I have the money to burn, but my perfume addiction is unrelentless...lol..
Another blind purchase on the reviews from here...
I think fruit, violet, iris, honeysuckle and cream lured me in, but "the thought of no vanilla", how could I like such a fume. There are a number of reviewers on here that I respect their opinions and I hope they know who they are.....
First spray, as I usually do not sniff it, thank god, cause 30 seconds later I did sniff it, due to my "I want to know now attitude" and i thought , ewe.... way too floral for my liking...I was going to put it in the get rid of lot, so wrong I was. But like a good wine, it developed over time, 15 miututes or so and it is a stayer of devine opulence.
Reminds me of Michael Kors, which I love, a floral that no one thought I would love in my perfume realm......................
Il Bacio is beautiful, give it the time it deserves and you will be rewarded...x

smellsogood
smellsogood

This is how to make a fruity floral! The fruits are tart, juicy and literally make your mouth water. The florals elegant and well blended. Pretty, refreshing and very feminine.

This is a light floral that is quite pleasant. I had high expectations after reading so much compliments about it, but it is not so special as you might expect. It's simply a good floral - well balanced and for the daytime or office. I had problems with the staying power. The perfume was almost not discernible on me.

andy1959
andy1959

Love this,
Il Bacio is one of the best perfumes I ever had. This is a classic but ever modern frag with a elegant and nice sent. I wear this since 30 years and love it since I got it first time. A great perfume. Whish Borghese would made another one with this quality. The lasting power is very good.

loismonahan
loismonahan

Was debating on this and then was bought for me last evening by a wonderful friend who wanted to make me feel better as I'm going through a very bad time. That alone makes it a valuable, precious thing! But it's also wonderful! It changes throughout the day - always a pleasant surprise!

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Il Bacio ("The Kiss") is passionate! I picture Sophia Loren wearing a fragrance like this. This is one strong perfume, with excellent sillage and longevity - easily passes the "overnight test". Fruity, spicy, sexy, it is good to wear for an evening out. Definitely a heavier, mature scent, not so good for young girls. Could be too strong for those around you, so you should apply with a light hand. This is one of those fragrances that could give some a headache because of it's strength. You will feel "perfumed" when you wear this, because of the fruit and honeysuckle, but there's something tart and spicy in it too, a peppery kick (perhaps the cedar basenote?) - thought it's not unisex - it's definitely womanly. Maybe it's because I'm Italian, but Il Bacio works great with my chemistry, so I'll keep it in my collection. It mellows into a nice, soft drydown. A great bargain (you can get a 3.4 oz bottle for about $15 on ebay) for a quality perfume.

flyysince89

This is such a unique scent. I have had someone smell this fragrance from the bottle and tell me they didn`t like it, and smell it on me and tell me I smell wonderful. It is a mature scent, not for a young girl but definitely for a sexy night out on the town. It is definitely "the kiss" a sweet sensual kiss that makes you long for more.......

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

This truly is like retro sunshine in a bottle! And no wonder its name is Bacio, which means 'kiss' in Italian--very reminiscent of a prolific honeysuckle bush full of delicately sun-kissed blooms.

I imagine a youthful Hayley Mills, Rachel McAdams or Meg Ryan standing next to that honeysuckle bush on a hot day, biting into the most deliciously ripe peach--juice dripping all down both arms and into a puddle onto the ground... bees buzzing around it enthusiastically and gratefully drinking in the heavenly nectar.

I can detect the slight tartness of the passionfruit and the depth of the plum too that gives a knowing wink of 'I'm-not-really-quite-as-innocent-as-you-think.'

Warms right down to a sweet, earthy roundness that lasts and last. A little bit really goes a long way.

I do agree with cottoncandice however that the packaging could use some updating. Perhaps it was relevant in its time, but I think so many more women would gravitate toward this today with a more contemporary look as the scent is timeless.

This is what a passionately, unadulterated kiss should smell like--memorable in every way.

Sassy1
Sassy1

This is another one that's been hanging around in the back of my mind (next to Mariella Burani) begging to be sampled. I guess I need to listen to my subconcious more often!
I love this stuff!
The top is a very fresh floral green (wait a few seconds before you sniff due to a slight alchohol burn-off) verging on carnation but not quite.
The fruit makes it's appearance right away, just-ripened (not heavy or syrupy at all) and is backed up by a strong cedar background.
I do pick up some violet sweetness but it blends in well, not too sugary or overbearing.
I will admit, the top and middle are slightly mono-tone but the note combo smells delicious and isn't boring at all.
I have a feeling this will be a go-to scent I can appreciate for many years to come.
Nice job, Borghese!

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Take 5 plums & 2 peaches.
Mash them with amber & cream.
Warm it on medium heat.
Then pluck out 8 honeysuckles and add them to the creamy fruit compote.

Simple but delicious recipe for a refined, classic, sweet floral perfume. LOVE IT!

Also checked the missing notes in one of my vintage books, which are the following:

- Orchid
- Pear
- Osmanthus
- Iris
- Violet

So now it is clear that all the notes mentoined + all these add ons, make it quite a complex creation!! WELL worth the money for sure!

guest_Jessica
guest_Jessica

This has been my signature fragrance since I was 15 years old. I am now 32 and love it just as much now as I did back then. I have tried other fragrances but have felt that there is always something lacking. Never have I found Il Bacio to be overwhelming despite having a very sensitive sense of smell. Over the past 17 years I have been complimented countless times about the way I (or my coat, car) smell. I hope that they continue to produce this fragrance for many years to come.

iset
iset

This fragrance grows on you. It gets better through out the day. At least that was my experience. I love plums very much.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Oh, for God's sake ~nyoka~, how can you expect the fruity cocktail to be classy????? I find your statement about the fragrance being suitable only for those with not yet fully developped olfactory skills pretty offensive.
If you're looking for a classy juice - use Chanel No.5.
If you're looking for a fun, everyday fragrance - use Il Bacio.
I don't get some of you, do you always review fragrances using CLASSY as the only criterion?????
I am sure Princess Borghese did not have ''Classy'' in mind when creating Il Bacio.
What she meant was a delicious fruity elixir, seductive one, with a great lasting power and noticeable sillage, good for ladies at ANY age.
The plum and peach make it feel like summer all day long and the exotic melon and passionfruit make it feel so mouthwatering and tropical!
Borghese proved that it does not have to be all about flowers to make the perfume special or feminine and appeal to the masculine part of our population :-)
My husband loves it just as much as another fruity genius - Delices de Cartier!
No doubt, Il Bacio will be my FFF (forever fruity fragrance).
The bottle is not as posh as Delices but simplicity seems to be better, I have no problem fitting the bottle into my handbags' pockets!
P.S. For an unknown to me reason - although the fragrance is a really great quality, it only costs approx 20.00 including delivery in UK. Isn't it a steal?????
For that price, I'll be damned if I don't get myself the 100ml bottle :-)

sweetcookie
sweetcookie

Oh my!Two little words come to my mind when I've worn this- FRUIT COMPOTE!That's it in a nutshell.Very sweet, cooked fruitin heavy cream. I get almost no floral with Il Bacio, but I DO start to crave plums lol.
it's a fun scent if you're into fruit, just beware of the bees!

nyoka

On second wearing ,I find it more to my liking.the honey suckle is more pronounced and dreamy.On a rare cool summer night the notes come together in a creamy swirling plum pudding.I think this is a seasonal fume,no suited to hot dry weather.would b even better in colder mths.Lasts a good while,and worth the money.

nyoka

I love some well developed fruity florals but,this isnt one of them.VEry faint and all fruit.LIke a can of fruit cocktail.Not of much intrest to me.Too much all one note.MIght b good for the very young who have not fully developed their olfactory senses.Nothing meant ugly about youngsters.Its just not very classy or sophisticated.

cisco

I dearly love this fragrance. However, it does not hold on me very well. I need lotion underneath. Since this basically does not change much from application to end, I can carry it in my purse and reapply. Despite it not holding well, I intend to keep on buying this beauty.

This is a very adult floral. It would go well with a little black dress and pearls.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

When I came into the room after my first spray of "Il Bacio," my 15-year-old son asked "What's that smell?" However, he thought it was "orange and cat pee." But 15-year-old boys think everything smells like either shampoo or cat pee. Without taking his opinion too seriously, it *did* make him take notice.

My first impression was of overwhelming, choking honeysuckle. I live in the Deeeep Southern US, where honeysuckle starts to smell overly ripe for a few weeks every summer, and it's not very nice. But that lasts only a minute or so. When it's gone, it smells very smooth and lightly fruity, without powder or obvious musk. I find myself craving it when I'm wearing something else! It starts to fade after an hour or so, but keeps coming back with renewed vigor. I'm not sure whether it is really fading or if I just can't smell it on myself after a while. I have to put on more of it than I would of something else, but it lasts a solid 5-6 hours.

I think I really like this!

cisco

This is an adult very lady like floral. It smells much more expensive than it is. This is something you can wear to work or wherever. It will not offend. I like its soft floral adult fragrance. So many of the florals are still in their teens.

I was completely obsessed with IL BACIO for about an entire year, about a decade ago. I doused myself with the stuff constantly and could never get enough. I remember at one point I was packing up to move to a new state, and I realized that I had managed to amass an entire bag of empty IL BACIO bottles! Only my extreme fanaticism can explain why I had not simply thrown them all out, as the least interesting aspect of IL BACIO is its bottle...

I haven't worn IL BACIO for quite some time, but after an unfortunate testing experience earlier today I decided to set the Sugar Babies aside and take up this comfort scent and guilty pleasure again. Happily, it still seems nice to me, albeit not quite the same. Now I smell the flowers more, especially lily of the valley, and the composition seems less like a syrupy liqueur than it did back when I might have actually imbibed the liquid, so mesmerized was I under its spell.

No other perfume familiar to me smells anything like IL BACIO, it is truly sui generis: bursting with sweetness without any vanilla; bursting with both fruits and flowers and yet without being offensive; finishing in a deep ambery-musky-wood saturated with the fruity-floral aura.

Today I am happy to see the neat logical structure of the notes, though I do not believe that I perceive them in the tripartite division of flowers, followed by fruits, followed by amber-musk-wood. Perhaps my nose somehow understood intuitively that IL BACIO was a well-crafted frag.

Borghese makes excellent bath and body products, which I have used for many years. Why they continue to nearly pay people to take this elixir off their hands remains a mystery to me. It's so much nicer than the ridiculously low price would lead one to believe!

Although the notes stated here are beautiful, it is even a far more complex perfume than it seems with more notes even! It is sheer excellence and they are giving it away almost for free!! WONDERFUL!!!!

Ah my lovely Magie, Il Bacio is really one of my favorite perfumes when I want to feel happy about life itself!
Enjoy this treasure!!

magie
magie

I am not a great lover of fruity florals.I usually prefer chypre, or oriental florals,but when Action recommended it,I thought I would give it a try. I love the floral opening. The freesia, and honeysuckle are delightful and then it warms up with a creamy floral/fruity heart, not too sweet, but sweet enough to be feminine.I must admit that don't smell the woods, but the amber at the end is nice. Pretty good lasting power, about 4 hours, and wears close to the skin, not a lot of silage, which is good for hot weather. So if you are looking for something a little lighter but still with presence, give this one a try. It isn't expensive and it smells lovely, sweet and creamy, very harmonious. I am really enjoying this new discovery. Thanks Action

Oh how I LOVE this one!! Bursting with fruit & cream! A MUST have for peach & plum lovers!

*sophi*
*sophi*

Il Bacio is a very sweet,feminine floral,sweet aroma.First comes an idyllic fresh-cut bouquet of flowers(lily-rose-honeysucle).Then
sweety melon and fruits.Ends with the soft smell of amber and musk.Sweety and soft.Very special aroma.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Very sweet, equally "fruity" and "floral". Not very juicy, creamy or steamy-for me, all of those descriptions might mean a satisfying scent. This is quite satisfying, but in a particular, imperfect way. The lack of citrus notes sets this apart from the usual crowd of floral fruity perfumes. The honeysuckle
and freesia stand out for me. Having such a sticky sweet fragrance satisfies my desire to be unabashedly, unashamedly pretty-girly....But people who don't care for perfume will probably especially hate this one, in all of its strength and hyperbole. I also would have hated this just a few years ago!
This is neither a day fragrance, nor a night fragrance-and you won't smell this on me every day, or every night--I will often need respite fragrances with more complex characters.

Update: My opinion of this fragrance hasn't changed. I should point out that I thought this was a bit much, causing a taste in the mouth during the summer. It is better in autumn, tastier fruit without being a perfume that sits in my mouth. But the staying power is not so great-it fades in leaps.

cottoncandice
cottoncandice

This smells lovely and feminine. It is quite strong after the initial spray with its all floral top notes but takes just a few minutes to dry down to a truly sweet and alluring scent that lingers on for hours. To me, this is an inoffensive white floral scent with a hint of fruits and mint(?) swimming underneath, very charming and poised.

It reminds me of Diorissimo a little, probably is the lily of valley they both have, definitely the more confident one of the two sisters.

I adore this perfume and I wish the marketing people at Borghese would give the packaging a makeover - it's kind of Marie Antoinette-esqe at the moment, isn't necessarily unattractive but it certainly looks too 'old school' to appeal to its possibly new perhaps younger target market. The scent its self is a jewel that has passed the test of time, a little polishing would surely make it shine.

porcelain ninja
porcelain ninja

I found this in 1993 and have been hoarding it ever since. If I could only pick one fragrance it would be this one. It is addicting and I get countless compliments whenever I wear it.

a bit vintage gave a most accurate review. Sweet, warm and creamy is the perfect description.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I wore this in the 90's and loved it's sweet, warm, creamy aroma w/ just a bit of spice. I enjoyed the creamy honeysuckle and plum that lingered with me throughout the day. Sadly, I have not been able to find this in a really long time.

Il Bacio by Borghese 3.72 out of 5 based on 196 ratings and 69 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Borghese Il Bacio fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Borghese Il Bacio, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Il Bacio by Borghese. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Il Bacio by Borghese represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.