Designers » B » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Panama Borsalino for men

Panama Borsalino for men
dislike

Panama Borsalino for men Pictures

Panama is an elegant masculine fragrance from the famous Italian hat designer Borsalino. The fragrance was created by the Italian nose from M & M Fragrances—Enrico Scartezzini—in 2007. To aromatic herbs and mild citruses, an intensive note of violet is added, which brings modern freshness and at the same time a classic tone to the composition. The aquatic theme is followed by watery accords at the heart with elegant jasmine and some spices: clove, nutmeg and ginger. The base is tender and warm, including cashmere, tobacco, patchouli, grey amber, white musk and vetiver.

Herbal Notes Citruses Violet

Watery Notes Jasmine Cloves Nutmeg Ginger

Cashmeran Tobacco Patchouli Amber White Musk Vetiver

Panama Fragrance Reviews

Dimitrios
Dimitrios

**** VERY IMPORTANT INFO ****
>> aqua de la vita <<
This is "Panama" by Borsalino & it was not launched in 1984 in a different bottle . That is a totally different cologne in the brown peanut shaped bottle & it is discontinued .

fuzzybutt59
fuzzybutt59

I first bought Panama as a deodorant spray but liked it so much I bought the matching cologne.
Very much an office/work daytime fragrance.Great for spring/early summer.
Not very exciting fragrance but very clean and refreshing.
Couldn't really detect any of the spicy notes but the warm dry down is very vetiver orientated and long lasting.
I would buy this again if it was at a bargain price.

Having worn Borsalino Panama for quite some time & loved it.I must change my opinion as this is a fantastic fragrance that can be worn anytime & gets lots of compliments. I repurchased more Cologne and matching body products.They are quite easy to find on Ebay.

I find for evening/romantic occasions etc. Davidoff - Brilliant Game has lots of matching notes & partners well with Panama.

reborn
reborn

smells like sweet leather jacket.Very classy,very mascuiline and sexy.And it is not like anything else on the market today.I want the aroma of Panama on my boyfriend deffinately!

rudwat
rudwat

One of the nicest scents I had. The mens retailer I worked for at the time were selling this exclusively , and sadly I can't find it in my country anymore.

It's classically masculine, but with sufficient sweetness to make it ideal for everyday use. I detected a kind of candied ginger somewhere in the middle of the scent. Maybe I'm alone in this. I'd buy it again if I could find it locally.

Slayerized
Slayerized

A very good but indeed safe smelling fragrance with 4 hrs longevity at best.
It starts very fresh and turns to a nice spicy sweet tobacco-ish fragrance with patchouli, musk, vetiver and lots of things going on! The citrus is always there on the background which remains its freshness. Despite its inoffensive smell this is a very complex fragrance with many notes to pick out as iMaverick already described. The sillage is average but again, this would have been an excellent fragrance if the base would be a tad stronger!
Good for spring mornings! Rated: 7,5/10

Sohny
Sohny

Borsalino pour homme me rappelle la classe, l'allure, l'attitude et la classe de Sophia Loren, mais transférés au masculin. Très chic, classique.

brigittehiroshi
brigittehiroshi

Nice soft and clean scent but it doen't last more than a couple of hours or even less! Soft projection, soft but interesting sillage and incredibly poor longevity.

A discreet fragrance for those looking for something simple and uncomplicated. I need much more from a perfume.

This fragrance transports me to a very clean and well organized salon of a house where everything is on place and you can hear nothing except the wall clock... Something so clean, so perfect, so un-surprising, and sorry but so sad and boring for me.

Anyway I think the scent is pleasant.

yeah, i agree with Mj, the scent vanishes into the air after a couple o4 hours, but noticeable to some extent... I'd like to mix it with a different scent and see how it behaves...

iMaverick
iMaverick

Panama seems to be directed towards the older, refined, discerning, reserved, quiet type, much in the way I suspect are the type of clientelle of Borsalino.

Aquatic is the way it is described here on the opening of this scent, but to me it is spicy-bitter herbs (coriander and tarragon in it perhaps?) against citrus, smells of a symbolic Jewish holiday remembering sad days (bitter herbs) with a dash of hope (citrus). As the opening notes calm and fade, floral and very spicy notes emerge with a faint powdery edge to it--ginger, clove and nutmeg on a background of violets. A citrus quality hovers over it, and as it fades, and the spicy aspects mellows, it deepens, with its woody facets emerging at the base. At this point there are so many things happening with this scent. It is a showoff of complexity and execution. Not totally about cleverness, but more like whimsical rapid firings of notes and accords.

Sweeter facets emerge, of rounded, somber woods and resins and a dusty/musty patchouli used in Prada and Angel and a transparent vetiver. I catch some coffee like notes to it too.

It seems a temperature controlled scent. In cooler weather, it seems very much the spicy-green oriental that wears close to the skin. On warmer days, it is high pitched and spicy--almost giving it the impression that it is woody, aquatic, and citrus.

Much going on with this scent, to the point where someone who doesn't study and analyze scents this way might think it just too fussy for them. I'd certainly like to wear this when I have moments where I'd like to stir my senses into a bit of heightened excitement. I wonder if this is what Panama, the city, is all about?

guest_MJ
guest_MJ

I had bought it 5 months ago.

coooool smell and very quiet :)

But it wouldn't last more than 2 hours

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Borsalino Panama fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Borsalino Panama, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Panama by Borsalino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Panama by Borsalino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.