Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Violetta di Parma Borsari for women

Violetta di Parma Borsari for women
dislike

Violetta di Parma Borsari for women Pictures Violetta di Parma Borsari for women Pictures

Violetta di Parma is the legendary perfume, popular at the end of the 19th century. For the first time, the violet was distilled by the Duchess of Parma, the second wife of Napoleon I, Marie Louise with the monks at the Monastery of the Annunciata. She used these natural violet essences as her personal perfume. Ludovico Borsari kept this formula and launched his perfume in 1970. Violetta di Parma is a violet scent, naturally sweet and mildly powdery, too simple surrounded by the modern fragrances. But this elemental modesty is certainly its great virtue for all those who appreciate natural scents and who are curious to explore the fragrances of the past centuries. Violet scent is surrounded by rose, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, hyacinth, heliotrope and musky and woody notes. See Violetta di Parma – hit of the past century. Violetta di Parma can be purchased online at PerfumeEmporium.com

iris Musk Violet Vanilla Jasmine Hiacynth Vetiver Heliotrope Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Lily Cedar

Eau Gourmande Violette
Meteorites
Violette in Love
1902 Violette
April Violets

Violetta di Parma Fragrance Reviews

glambert
glambert

This is a lovely violet scent with equally lovely woody and powder notes added in. To me, it's one of those classic "less is more" type of scents where there may not be a wide range of notes but the richness of the notes that are there is quite splendid. On my skin the silage is soft and the longevity is moderate. I may have to buys full size of this one! If you love florals give this one a spritz and you won't be disappointed!

Museumgal
Museumgal

What a beautiful powdery violet! Just a little sweet, a little woody and the other flowers complement it perfectly. Spring in a bottle! Very true violet, just like picking them from the yard, with fresh dew still on them.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

This is one of my all time favorite violet scents. Definitely in my top 3 (and the most affordable of the three). It's simple but not boring.

It's a warm violet. Not candied and not powdery. Behind the violet is a nice mixed bouquet with hyacinth, lily and helitrope among others. The heart has more of the Iris in the bouquet than the opening and there is also some vetiver and cedar in the heart too. the violet is still the star though. The drydown still has violet as the main star but the mixed bouquet gives way to the cedar and vetiver more.

I truly love this scent. The longevity is about 9-10 hours and it's sillage is personal but someone standing next to you will smell it. Definitely something every girl should have in her wardrobe.

KaseyC
KaseyC

Beautiful, calm, elegant, classy, fresh, romantic... this fragrance deserves to be loved and adored. It smells so pleasant and clean. In the veil of this scent, I see myself in Europe. There I see a little ballerina practicing her favorite dance. Then I see a young lady carrying a basket of flowers that she has just picked from the garden. And then I see a mother helping her little girl to put on a little lilac dress. This floral freshness and sweetness lingers in the room. Hope it stays longer and longer...

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Violetta di Parma is a sweet candied violet when it first goes on your skin. As it dries down it develops many subtle notes of iris, woods, and vetiver that ground it very well and keep it from being too sweet overall. After an hour or so the waxy heliotrope and hyacinth come through in lovely little wafts as well. The musk is used perfectly to keep the scent going but not overwhelming it. This is so cool and refreshing- great for summer.

If you want an even better violet, try out Parfums Berdoues Violettes de Toulouse, which is a lovely fruity floral violet with some depth and not quite so sweet as this one. Both are great for violet lovers, though.

rasputin1963
rasputin1963

Borsari VIOLETTA DI PARMA is a gorgeous fragrance. It is basically a violet "soliflore" fragrance, meaning that one flower is really all it's about, even though that violet note is quietly supported by orris, hyacinth, sweet hay, subtle green notes and perhaps vetiver. Light, evanescent, introspective, nostalgic, this is not a candied violet, smelling like a CHOWARD'S lozenge... it never gets that sweet; the supporting notes give it a more silvestral, country aura. The scent of true forest violets has never been captured via the traditional enfleurage process; so perfumers have recreated it as a "fantasy note", woven of jasmin and the important perfume synthetics called Ionones. This is called an eau de parfum, even though the sillage and tenacity is delicate indeed... after two hours, it will be all but gone from the skin. This version of VIOLETTA DI PARMA was released in 1970, the nose being Ludovico Borsari of an old Italian perfuming family; the scent is reportedly based upon an earlier formula first released in 1870. Let's face it, at this price point, you are not going to get Jean Patou JOY. Rather, this is a charming, soothing "tous les jours" fragrance that will put your head in a gorgeous space. Little girls will adore it, too. It must be appreciated for what it is, and it does that thing wonderfully. Highly recommended.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

Oh I so wanted this to work for me. Alas!
I bought this blind based on reviews and recommendations as I am currently in love with violets. On paper this sounded absolutely perfect for me and it was with great anticipation that I awaited the delivery of my parcel.
When it arrived I was thrilled with the look, a pretty purple decorated box, with a square bottle inside, and a proper old fasioned atomiser puff thingy (I am using techincal jargon here!) and I was very excited about trying it. I unscrewed the top and there was a plastic stopper in place - I sniffed at this before opening and it smelled divine - a light, slightly green violet, not quite like parma violet sweets, more green than that and quite lively.
I then spent about 10 minutes trying to prise open the stopper to insert the spray puff thingy. In the end, admitting defeat I handed it to my partner to do!
With great anticipation I sprayed onto my forearm waited a few seconds and inhaled. Oh. Wax. Wax, and those old plastic my little pony toys that were so popular when I was young. I felt confused, cheated. In the bottle this was enchanting, in the air it was pretty, on my skin - waxy plastic kids toys. What happened?!
So I decided to wait a few days and try again. Same response. I so wanted this to work that I decided to put it away for a couple of week before trying again - how I smell perfumes, and how they smell on me differs drastically at different times.
A few days later I entered my bedroom and was surprised at the beautiful violet scent in the room. I decided to try this perfume again. Imagine my horror when I picked up the box to find it wet and the perfume cupboard full of violet scent. My newly opened 100ml bottle had only about 20mls left in!! It had been stored upright, in the box, with the atomising puff removed and screw cap firmly in place. How had this happened?! The metal of the cap was corroded and the box, bottle, and everything adjacent coated in the stuff. In a mild panic I set about cleaning up and popped the atomiser back in the bottle and put it on my dresser. Once the headache from inhaling about 80mls worth of perfume in a confined space subsided I had one more go with this on my skin - still the same, waxy my little pony models.
So for me this is a no. Shame as it smelled nice in the bottle, and actually as a room spray is fairly pleasant but I cannot wear this and if it leaks so bad is a waste of money. Such a shame.
I would recommend Molinard's Violette over this any day.

amandaj1024
amandaj1024

This is beautiful, sweet violet with none of the "licorice" that I sometimes smell with other violet scents (Lush Tuca Tuca for example). I
do not know why the description says this perfume is "too simple compared with modern fragrances," as I think it is perfect (can a perfume ever be "too simple"? A singular scent done well can many times eclipse more "complex" perfumes in my opinion). Violette di Parma is soft and innocent without being too sweet or overbearing. Though it is an old fragrance, it never feels stuffy, powdery, or out-dated in an "old-lady" sort of way (which is what I feel about Guerlain's Apres l' Ondee). Like the other reviewers said, it does not last long, but it's low price means you can re-apply it often. It is very clean and gentle, exuding femininity without having to resort to a blatant display of sexuality. A winner in my book.

stormyla
stormyla

This is an absolutely beautiful fragrance one very well respected in Europe. I've had a number of bottles of various vintages of this over the years. This fragrance was renamed sometime in the last century. Prior to that it was called Violetta di Borsari. I've had vintage bottles of it with various bottle and cap styles that were in use in many different decades.

It's obvious that this fragrance has undergone a recent reformulation as the older juice was always a vivid spring green color. It was still a green liquid even after they changed the name. I haven't smelled this recent formula but if it's even similar to the older ones, it's a very reasonably priced scent that is well worth trying.

This wears pretty close to the skin and only lasts for a few hours, but those hours are heavenly. This is also true of the Annick Goutal fragrances, but this one is so lovely at about a third of the price. I haven't tried the Goutal violet fragrance but the Borsari one has all of the ingredients of the Goutal plus more.

The Borsari Violetta is a great fragrance to wear for when you will be in close quarters with others as it is a pretty pleasing scent that will be noticed and complimented but will offend no one. I personally find this fragrance very uplfting and bright. It never fails to make me smile and remember warm sunny post rain spring days of my youth.

surfergirlpuppy
surfergirlpuppy

Beautiful bottle with pink atomizer puff! Whats inside the bottle is pure magical Parma violet flowers just waiting to be sprayed out. Dries down to a shy violet scent, not one of those perfumes that use violet leaf instead of the real flower. This is the real thing without hunting for elusive scented violet flowers. Springtime in a forest of fragrant violets.

My bottle is pure floral. No green notes I can detect like some of the other reviewers. I know the vetiver is in there but I don't smell that-I prefer the sweet violets instead!

wbp
wbp

I have the EDT version, and the bottle is really ugly,not like this one in the picture above, but the juice inside...mmm sweet violets mixed with some green notes and romantic powdery dry down. I really love it!!!

danda74
danda74

Violetta dolce e avvolgente, morbida come una carezza!

It's a delicate, sweet violet essence, makes me think of french violet candies :)
Persistent yet soft like a caress, a perfume men would love on a woman

Rougesang
Rougesang

L'ho acquistata perchè m'incuriosiva ma devo ammettere che sulla mia pelle non si sente proprio, non lo ritengo affatto un profumo eccezionale forse va bene per chi desidera una fragranza molto delicata e quasi impercettibile.

smellME
smellME

This is a very natural smelling true violet perfume, maybe it should have been called cologne cause it is quite modest and shy. It is at top surrounded with heliotrope to my nose, almost liquorice smelling at this stage. The iris makes it soft cuddly and-powdery !
The sweetnes comes also from the iris and vanilla of course. I think I like this top note best. The heart is almost a soliflore violet on me... And the base is a musky violet with an old fashioned rose, dusty and powdery not dewy or fresh.
I like this but will be torn on when to use it,
Maybe I will save it and just spray a little every now and then , using the beautiful pink sprayer to get a vibe of ancient times, long time gone..
This is special and different from what a normally use.
But I am lucky having it in my collection.

celebrity89
celebrity89

To me, the violet is the most beautiful flower fragrance. When I bought this in Orange County, Calif. the English saleslady teased me saying, "only old English ladies wear this". Fragrant violets are almost impossible to find here. They have them at the Getty museum in Malubu; I was running around the grounds like a crazy person! In Europe they grow like weeds.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This makes my heart sing, it is so special. When I wear it I can imagine I am walking through a forest in the early morning hours. It is just after dawn. There is a thick fog coloring the air in twilight. As I am walking I notice that there is the sweetest fragrance in the air coming from the forest floor. Upon closer inspection, I am enchanted by the lovely tiny purple violets sprinkled with pixie dust. Everyone tries to tell me it's just dewdrops...but I know better...
Yes, Violetta di Parma is magical...
The rose, heliotrope and iris make lovely appearances, but this is really all about violets, sweet and powdery.
I love this little violet cloud!

mrsbluegle
mrsbluegle

Next to Volcan d'Amour by DVF, another keeper in my collection. What is it about violets?

Ann-Margret Stigholt
Ann-Margret Stigholt

Is Violetta di Parma avaialeble to order from Sweden ??? Because I don´t find it. Do I seek the wrong words, It´s a long story behind, but is it Borsai that´s the director???

It´s fun but a long way to go when, as I, searching a scence, that´s not modern, klassic, floral and I can certanly feel it´s from another centery, romantic but not heavy. If any of you know anything more abot Violetta di Parma - Borsari perfume, I would be most greatful. This is the first time I write to you, so please have patientience, friends

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

This reminds me so much of Penhaligon's violetta. It's soft, fresh, green violets, with a hint of jasmine and dusting of rose petals on a powdery cloud. It stays close to the skin and on clothes I could still smell it albeit faintly after 8 hours. It's a clean and pretty scent, I would use it more for snooze time than awake time and let it send me away to a pretty countryside on a dewy morning when the sun is still not quite awake from it's slumber but sending soft rosy rays into the clouds above. Romantic scent, not as a come-hither scent but more Jane Austen. It's cheaper than Penhaligon's so I would recommend this if you're dithering between the two.

LesleyA
LesleyA

Guest_A. Rose's review actually left me a little breathless. So beautifully written.
Now I must try this scent.

ingrid41
ingrid41

To me this is the perfect sweet violet perfume. True to the violet scent and can be worn anytime, great for church (not overpowering). This is a simple (how refreshing no fruits in my perfume thank you) yet elegant and femmine.

tbozzo
tbozzo

Oh, what a beautiful perfume! Violets wafting every so often on a warm spring breeze around 6pm as the days are growing longer. It's a soft smell, and I don't get iris here (I'm not fond of iris) though it may contribute to the overall feeling of this gem. I was gifted a nice sample from my lovely friend Trish; it is too wonderful to pass up, and surprisingly budget friendly.

It's amazing to me that it's such a vintage formula; it smells so current. Reminds me of what Infusion de Violet should smell like if Prada made one.

Violetta di Parma is a well-known familiar smell here.
I still like it a lot after so many years, but I don't wear it.
It was one of typical grandmother's scent.
The smell is very pleasant and it smells more or less like natural violets. Not completely so, because violets are a very difficult kind of flower to take.
If you smell real violets you will never be satisfied withj a violet perfume!
This one is very pleasant to wear anyway and still after so many years one of the best out there for a reasonable price.
It's not complicated, rather one of the best soliflore (as effect).
I actually dislike so many violet-centered perfumes because IMO they don't catch the real vibe at all!
Most of them smell like violet flavoured sugardrops and candies. Other smells very stiff woody.
Violetta di Parma is exactly what it says to be. Apparently simple, but not meaningless.
Also staying power is very strong but subtle. On my skin it stays for 4 hours with low close to the skin sillage.
This is signature scent for a friend of mine (around 25yo) and she wears it so graciously!
Violet is a very weird flower. Its smell appears and disappears with a pikaboo effect, so be careful! If you don't smell it anymore after a while don't overdo!
Also my friend noticed that this effect happens with Violetta di Parma too. When she goes away from a place, after 1 hour or so people smells her perfume again in the air! This is why violets are often said to be the flower of memory ;-)

PS. There a few eau de cologne made by Borsari (not listed in database, I think they are 4 alltogether.
They are very faint, very light, but beware! They have a good lasting power! I think they are meant to strictly work together with your chemistry.
My friend bought the orange blossom & ginger one, I bought the Rose&Pepper for 9 euro 100ml and I'm happy with it! Not a cheap perfume at all, rather a light aromatic cologne.

Esscentially299
Esscentially299

I used this years ago. Delicate, feminine, faintly floral but surprisingly sweet. It fades quickly. I remember once wearing it, and the woman next to me kept saying that she smelled "candy" in the air. It does smell like candied violet pastilles, to a degree. A unique, lovely, and historical fragrance: I think this was beloved of Napoleon and Marie Louise...but on this I may be mistaken.

14maurice
14maurice

I love this!
I am looking for the HOLLY GRAIL OF VIOLET. Can anyone tell me If this Is a true VIOLET only perfume out there please thanks??? Also would like to find a ROSE only too.

Citronella
Citronella

The most beautiful dark violets in a deep green forest. Soft, quiet and comforting. I cannot judge its lasting power; I apply VdP at bedtime and then sleep like a baby.

annamae
annamae

This is the best and truest violet scent there is. It reminds me of candied violets, or violet gum -- very sweet and innocent. It does not last however, and for this reason it is best (and will last longer) if applied to clothing rather than skin. It is great for layering with other fragrances.

allexa27
allexa27

This and John Galliano edp are twins.Both awsome!

Cereza
Cereza

I applied this. Waited for around 10 seconds for it to settle down a tiny bit and put my nose upon my wrist. Then it went like this - what? where is it? I applied again. Ok, here it is, something "green and sugary", but can't actually understand what. After 10 painful minutes with me trying to feel this perfume it's gone forever. Oh well. Okay.

floof
floof

I love this scent, its like the violet candys you find in europe. twice now i have gotten this scent from amazon in the large size with the automizer that leaks when ever up side down, and i lost half of this perfume both times I've ordered it from leaking. As i used the last couple drops i found another great deal on amazon for the same bottle and happily purchased this. I love how this layers, it is simple and lovely. From now on i will just get the smaller version, without the leaky pretty pink puff!

Speaking of violets, I picked up an adorable bottle of Borsari VIOLETTA DI PARMA recently, scent unsniffed, on the strength of the descriptive name alone, as I of course adore violets and rarely reject any perfume in which they play a central role.

VIOLETTA DI PARMA pretty much says it all: this is a very light, low-key presentation of violets. E tutto! This fragrance could almost be called "violet water", on analogy to rose water, for it is as simple as a big bowl of violet petals and leaves floating in water. Unfortunately, though claiming to be an edp, this composition is so airy that even after liberally spritzing all over using the über-feminine pink bulb atomizer (which I love!), the scent of violets remains quite faint.

Once the bottle has been drained, I intend to re-fill it with JOLIE MADAME (this must be why most nice bottles do not have screw tops!!!)... Don't get me wrong: I like VIOLETTA DI PARMA a lot. I only wish that it were double this strength!

guest_nossy
guest_nossy

this is the best blind purchase i ever made. Thanx to frangantica's member reviews. Yes it's true, the violet smells very clean, very delicate, soapy, powdery but not creamy for me. This smell like a new thing you just bought. I think my hubby also like it although he didn't say anything because he likes to kiss me when i wear this one, yes it's sooo soft like a whisper so he has to kiss my skin just to smell it on me :) at least that's the point plus behind the bad sillage, but on me it still stayed on my skin for more than 4 hours. Strange huh?maybe um not sweating a lot after i sprayed this. Some say it smells like Violetta from Penhaligon's, i wonder was it true?but um already quite happy with this, more over with its cute atomizer. Though they launched this perfume in 1970, you won't smell like an old nanny, trust me!
L-O-V-E this.

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

The smell of violet must be the most wistful, enchanting, bizzare mystery of a smell--more than any other. All at once, it seems carnal but innocent, young but ancient and conjures up a sense of both depth and simplicity, intellectual sophistication and naivite. "Violetta di Parma" is the master of all violet scents, perfectly balanced to feel velvety, slightly sweet, a tad soapy; green, creamy, yet fluid and musky. It opens on a hazy burst of sugared-water violets, with the dry-oil-jamminess of the petals' veins prominent against picked and bruised stems; a fresh bouquet warming in someone's hand. As it develops, "Violetta di Parma" becomes deeper, grayer, fresher, smelling both rainsoaked and dense, like blooms being pounded into soil by a hard rain.

Then it dries into a mineral sweetness that weaves in and out of the senses; elusive, taunting, like the scent of a dream that you can't quite put your finger on, memories of childhood drifting in and out of your head. You startle awake only to feel cool, night air blowing through a window, the moon and crickets your only companions. That time is gone. But what beautiful times they were. A sad and joyful feeling all at once.

You either "get" "Violetta di Parma" or you don't. You're none the lesser for not getting it--just means you'll have to search for your deepest memories somewhere else.

fairylight
fairylight

When I was really little my mum used to wear this perfume, and just recently i had a sudden desire to smell it again, so i bought it - violets would probably have to be one of my very favourite scents, it's so fresh, and i know this is a very simple and old fashioned fragrance, but it kind of makes it unique - nobody else i know wears it, its pure and elegant, and it reminds me of being a little kid! I do wish it lasted a little longer, but i seem to be able to get a couple of hours out of it, which is better than a lot of others who have tried it from the sounds of it. I don't think i could ever fall out of love with this one.

Spring25
Spring25

I was really looking forward to trying this one just by reviewing the notes. When I tried it as a splash sampler, I could barely smell anything but the softest of violets. It's pretty, but probably too faint for me to justify buying a whole bottle.

Mals86
Mals86

Lovely. Fresh, fragrant garden flowers... but so faint that it's gone within half an hour.

VioletLily
VioletLily

Straight up, fresh and strong violets with a touch of vibrant green. Surprising though, after it's first flash of powerful violets, it quickly softens right down with a soft flower mixing, my nose can't pick them, but others have..lilac? Whatever they are, they're gorgeous! But, strangely, and unfortunately it becomes too soft, so soft I can barely smell it on me...and others (my mum and sis) can't seem to either, even though my arm was pressed into their faces! Still, I love it and I wear it with Pandora Products Violetta Body Lotion (which is a kind of candied violet). I feel feminine, but not too flowery feminine(!), when I wear this. And, as an extra bonus, it gets my man going too...ahem!

Leesee
Leesee

Bursting with gently sugared violets, a spritz of green, and a dollop of creamy soap, this is a perfect after-bath or before-slumber scent: calming, clean, and wonderful.

Violetta di Parma by Borsari 4.16 out of 5 based on 189 ratings and 38 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Borsari Violetta di Parma fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Borsari Violetta di Parma, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Violetta di Parma by Borsari. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Violetta di Parma by Borsari represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.