Designers » B » Chypre Floral « Groups

Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta for women
dislike

I have it: 915 I had it: 129 I want it: 921 My signature: 46

leather
Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta for women Videos Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta for women Videos Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta for women Videos
Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta for women Pictures Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta for women Pictures

The fashion design house of luxury leather accessories Bottega Veneta launches its first fragrance in collaboration with Coty Prestige in 2011. Bottega Veneta fragrance is described as a leathery, floral chypre, representing the scented signature of the house—the "invisible, private luxury."

Tomas Maier, the creative director, describes the inspiration for this creation: “An old house in the beautiful countryside in the Veneto region of Italy with rolling green hills, where we’re from. I envisioned a room with old wood floors, library walls and leather-bound books with the windows open wide, the breeze coming in and cut grass, hay, moss, garden flowers, growing through the room and everything mixing up. That’s where we started.”—wwd

The nose of the composition is Michel Almairac from Robertet who blended notes of Italian bergamot, Brazilian pink pepper, Indian Sambac jasmine, oak moss, patchouli and Indian patchouli, with a distinct leather accord in the trail.

The face of the campaign is Nine d'Urso, the daughter of French fashion icon Inès de la Fressange and Italian art dealer Luigi d'Urso. The campaign was shot Bruce Weber in South Florida.

The perfume bottle is made of Murano glass (limited edition), decorated with a metal cap and a leather bow. The perfume extract, which comes in the Murano bottle, is available in limited numbers at Bottega Veneta boutiques around the world at the price of $395. The fragrance is available as 50 and 70 ml EDP with body cream, body lotion and shower gel for more broadly distribution.

Bergamot Pink Pepper

Iris Prima

Bottega Veneta Fragrance Reviews

Dara813
Dara813

BV is such a lovely departure from all of my other perfumes, with the exception of Samsara by Guerlain. That was always my go-to when I didn't want something sweet, floral, fruity, or sweet-fruity-floral. Don't get me wrong, some days I want to smell like a sugar-dipped strawberry with some roses on the side but some days, I just long for something different. Samsara is usually my scent for those days, but now I have a second option! BV is anything but a sweet fruity floral and although this is much sweeter than Samsara, it is SO different from anything I've ever owned. It has this beautiful, classy, feminine quality that is addictive. It is unique and complex without being in your face. It is creamy and sweet yet still earthy and rich. Looking at the notes, I thought - leather and patchouli? Hmmm, this is probably going to be awful...but the earthy green notes and pink pepper totally balance it out and if you want a leather and/or patchouli scent that is done well, I highly recommend this one. This is stunning.

Ilprofumo
Ilprofumo

BV, this is exquisite. Sophisticated, elegant, stupendous. A real woman's fragrance: "soft confidence". Complete. I love it

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

تلخی و رایحه سرحال و شادابی در این خانم شیک و با وقار بسیار مشهود وبا تندی یک خانم مدیر هماهنگ است که بتوان به درون این شخصیت وارد وبرای تمام عمر خود این رایحه مجذوب را به نقشی مهم در زندگی خودمان به ثبت برسانیم ولذت و چشیدنش همیشه ما را سرمست کند.

primarycook
primarycook

Starts off as a velvety suede and deepens to smooth leather. I get a bit of the oak moss and patchouli, but I didn't catch a glimpse of the top notes or any jasmine. Skews a bit masculine to me. The bottle is elegant. It's a fine scent if you love well done leather, and if you do, definitely give this one a try. I can appreciate it for what it is, but it isn't anything I personally feel the need to own.

soulflwr

Initially I loved this one, and I still think this would be a great fragrance but that damned pink pepper grrrr!!! It cheapens it for me a bit.

andabri
andabri

This is a very elegant yet modern and chic scent.

It smells of expensive sweet, buttery suede, a beautiful and warm blend of patchouli and oakmoss in the background(and I'm one of those anti-patchouli people, so the fact that I find it "beautiful" is really saying something) and a touch of pink pepper. On my skin the sweetness really comes out, so I wouldn't label this as a unisex scent. Especially since when it really settles on my skin is develops a depth of white musk with a touch of powder.

I really love the leather in this. It's buttery and sweet, as I said above. Not sharp or acrid or bitter at all. Well worn, but still in good conditioner, none of that chemically new leather smell. So delicious!

Sort of reminds me of the smell of a really posh waiting room; expensive leather seats, expensive plants, fragranced air, expensive woodwork.

Reemy
Reemy

one of the sexiest perfumes ever made! highly recommended.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Interesting. After a very confused and confusing initial application, Bottega Veneta reminds me of nothing so much as Bond #9's Success (is a Job in New York). There's a slightly more menthol smell to BV then there is to Success, but they are very close. Vanillic and very slightly like vinyl. I like it a lot, and it has the advantage of being WAY cheaper than Success.

auroramaria
auroramaria

Beautiful chypre indeed.
Bottega Veneta is a super sophisticated scent that draws compliments all the time.I love the leather and patchouly in this scent making it very feminine and chic.
Whenever I wear it I get asked about it, it's that good.
Longevity is remarkable and sillage is good.
This is a luxury fragrance in my opinion which complements well the Bottega Veneta fashion and accessories lines

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

I love putting this on. On me, it is leathery, iris powder, sweet something muted by the oakmoss. Some people don't like oakmoss in chypre perfumes but BV blends it so well. Everytime I wore it during one week, someone always comments favourably. My sister in law even demanded that I write it down so she can buy a bottle too. Will always have a bottle.

One spray on me:
Sillage: about a foot
Longevity: 3 to 4 hours

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

natural earthy scent that hovers around the wearer, sillage is close to the skin, and smells slightly herbal/mossy like you've been hiking all day long....this is easily unisex

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

This is the most beautiful perfume that I have smelled in a long time. I like but do not love patchouli so I was very wary of trying this. As soon as the SA sprayed some on my arm I was in perfume heaven. I bought a 50ml bottle right away. It is a dreamy, soft, not to powdery smell that reminds me of high end fashion stores in the 50`s and 60`s. I use to go to such stores in London with my Mother to buy clothes for her. With leather and soft spice also here, the result is just magical. Sillage is moderate to soft and longevity on me about 6 hours. Italian elegance at it`s best. I love it.

SHERIF SAYED
SHERIF SAYED

This is the dream, dreamy scent thin attractive express the true concept of femininity and beauty on the Italian way .

Meiyve
Meiyve

I am not a big fan of sweet scent, cos I always think it's girly. But I love this perfume (just opened my 3rd bottle of 75 ml EDP)! It is sweet but with character, probably due to the note of oak moss. And I have to confess that I dislike patchouli, but in this perfume, the note blends so well that I am actually okay about it. I love leather. The base note of the perfume really makes me feel I am carrying / wearing some leather stuff. I wear it every day, for work, for dinner and for all other kinds of events. It is subtle yet noticeable, sweet yet mysterious.

darksome
darksome

My wrist watch had once a belt that had the inner side made out of suede. I wore the watch many times when I was testing out perfumes. But the belt also absorbed sometimes water (washing hands), sweat and of course warmth from my skin.

The belt smelled exactly how Bottega Veneta smells to me. Like a worn out suede with residue of different kind of perfumes. This might sound gross but to me it's incredible appealing.

missgeschick
missgeschick

Bottega Veneta is so well balanced and opens with a dry and deeply powdery combination of oakmoss, patchouli and musk (it isn't listed in the notes) on me. My skin doesn't get the top notes. This mix causes the feminine and at the same time masculine side of the fragrance. When the scent settles down it gets smoother.
It smells expensive and exclusive and has so much depth in it. More than two sprays bring about a leathery note I don't like. But no need for spraying more than two times because of very good longevity and noticeable sillage.

I'm so sad I can't wear this great sophisticated scent. I tried but it doesn't fits me.

leathermountain
leathermountain

For me the top is a very sweet patchouli, reminiscent of Coromandel. The heart is straight iris, where there should be leather. The base is very sweet, but in a warm sunny way, like sun-baked hay (with sugar on top). If I exhale warm air onto my arm and inhale right away, the base also gives up a quietly growling narcissus, with some cocoa and grapefruit. I realize that sounds like a mess, but in fact it holds together perfectly, like the base of a great vintage.

This is one of the sweetest scents that I like, but the absence of leather is a huge disappointment. I know that crumbly iris note too well, and it bores me. I've heard of people loving a scent despite its top, but can you love a scent despite its heart?

I don't know if I like the sound of that.

Gwdbe
Gwdbe

This is something extraordinary ,special indeed. Love the scent......too god, too sweet. The longevity is on the good side of good and as per the sillage is fantastic .

amyewest
amyewest

A little leathery, but super sweet - too much so for me. Otherwise, I get none of the listed notes. It's a shame too because they're ones I usually love.

KateAnette
KateAnette

Starts with a blast of patchouli, then goes to smell like an old dusty book. I loved the idea of a leather smell, but honestly, I didn't get much leather here. Maybe the moss played the center stage on my skin, not sure what moss is supposed to smell like. Definitely try before you buy, I'm happy I got a sample from a friend first and didn't do a blind buy.
This is probably beautiful on someone who's skin actually brings out the leather notes.

KJS88
KJS88

Mossy, rosy, plummy suede and leather, the focus of which is softened by a buring incense of frankincese, pink pepper, bergamot, King Jasmine, and Sambac Jasmine.

Rich, burnished, and not overly sweet. Could easily be worn by both sexes, much easier than many fragrances claiming to be masculine or unisex these days.

This almost smells like what Guerlain's sadly discontinued Parure *wanted* to smells like, minus the blaring, fuzzy, neon mid 70s to mid 80s note it contained, making it wearable by men without feeling odd, emasculated, or self conscious.

Great, luscious, sexy stuff.

chirobi
chirobi

Even though I’ve never smelled anything like this before, wearing this somehow feels familiar, like wearing an old lover. The color of the liquid is like the dusty, faded bloom of what was once so new and promising. Rifling through yellowed, musty love letters that you unearth from the storage chest, it seems like only yesterday when you had received them. You think about throwing them away, but hesitate, and stop short of casting them off into oblivion. Suddenly you’re reminded of first, the tenderness, the smell of naked skin, then the look in his eyes when you see each other again after a year apart, and finally, when you eventually said good bye. After all this time, it’s still there. But he’s not. You’re just left with a whisper of a beautifully poignant memory. That is Bottega Venetta.

dttk
dttk

I smelled it from the bottle first and directly took a test paper to spray this beauty (couldn't sray it on my hands, because I did spray another fragragrances before unfortunately).

It is so good what I smell from the paper. It smells luxury and elegance; a little serious and strong personality for a woman fragrance. It is a woody smell and quite feminine, but it might be used as unisex too.

It can be a very nice, suitable signature fragrance for a strong woman who is independent and who knows what she wants. I think it is not for a young person. I would recommend this for someone whose age is +25 years.

platinumedu.au
platinumedu.au

I just love the leathery raw scent of Bottega.

Tovah
Tovah

I love oakmoss, and this is one of the few relatively recent lauches to highlight this mesmerizing note. Bottega Veneta is a dreamy, beautiful, ultra-feminine fragrance. This fragrance is warm, sensuous, smooth, and seductive. It has a very "retro" feel and it calls to mind mysterious, elegant women in classic films. To me this is along the lines of The Greats like Cuir Beluga, Cuir de Russie, Cabochard, and Tabac Blond. I find a drop of Bottega Veneta is unbelievably strong, so I have to be very, very careful when I spray. My skin "clings" to fragrances, and this can be too intense. Carefully applied, this is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever smelled.

patrick-fragrancelover

I've written a review previously for this scent, or I suppose - this masterpiece. However I couldn't help but just say that I don't think any other luxury label has ever created a scent more perfectly suited to their brand and vision. This is scent is Bottega Veneta, and Bottega Veneta is this scent.

reborn
reborn

too sweet for my taste and not enough leather.The new Fendi fan leather is much much better than this one.Too pricy and not worhty the money

Catty

Bottega Veneta is an old love of mine! for me, this fragrance it´s just PERFECT! the best leather fragrance ever!

This musky leather scent is extremely refined, elegant and very very sensual. I don´t perceive it as masculine at all.

When I use it, I feel myself very comfortable under my Skin!!!

This scent is just amazing! by the way, I love all the flankers.

This could be a niche scent! really top!

Dinkum
Dinkum

The leather, paired with violets, is lovely. Very nice indeed. But I have to spray with abandon, the longevity of this perfume is not good, not on my skin anyway.

ginger68
ginger68

I know that my opinion could be unpopular. I own a bottle of this fragrance, I admit that is a beautiful scent and I try to wear it sometimes. But there is something in it that I cannot stand. Maybe it depends on my skin, maybe it depends on patchouli (I'm not fond of this note) and on leather. After a while I feel sick. It’s elegant, well done and full of personality, but my nose reject it. What a pity!

redolent_one
redolent_one

This one had a great look, (the bottle is amazing & I don't usually fall for the 'package') and when I smelled it in the bottle and on a paper stick, it was lovely and slightly weird (which I usually like)....but I made the mistake of spraying it on myself. I have read about people describing scents that they didn't like as 'scrubbers' and the people say that they had to go take a shower to get it off...I thought what drama...but well, this is my first 'scrubber'.

Now I know what a scrubber is!

This one is not for me--(gave me a strong headache) and I just hated the overpowering smell--felt like I was tasting it too.

Nope, not for me.

persefoni
persefoni

Far too leathery to be called a chypre, let alone a floral... first time i tried it, i was enthused by its originality and bought it, regretedly..

It's quite heavy - so by no means ethereal- but very long lasting. It would perhaps fit better to a man.

Then again, it might just be a matter of skin chemistry....

diamondsr4ever
diamondsr4ever

On initial inhalation I experience soft floral, not screechy, harsh or overwhelming but immediately behind that comes a warm, woody note which softens the floral slightly more and a real plummy note enters with a modicum of patchouli but nothing overpowering. Then there is a traceable warm suede, bordering on a leather. We are definitely not talking farmyard leather. This is leather in it's most refined and elegant state. But a soft,comforting leather, something akin to when you have a leather jacket for years and years and it moulds to you and is soft, and supple and when you have it on you are so comfortable in it that you could be forgiven for forgetting you have it on. But the leather is very much there and you know you have a perfume on with soft leather in it but they have blended them all so well that each time you sniff your arm you get these beautiful snatches of all the notes, but beautifully intertwined with one another, there is no-one pushing to take centre stage.
I would say it sways on the side of feminine rather than masculine although having said that I put some on my husband and on him it took on a more masculine arrangement.
On me, the initial array of notes is as one and that is how it stays.There is no switching from one note to another or one being stronger than the other, they are in total harmony with one another, there is no one discernible note that takes centre-stage or plays a supporting cast role. There is depth and creaminess, so creamy and it is the ONE fragrance I reach for to wear with my cashmere sweater because that's the pairing of a beautiful couple in my opinion. The softest most caressing cashmere woollen enhanced and made even more sublime by this wonderful creamy, (and dare I say very expensive smelling) fragrance. I have never had so many compliments on a fragrance as I have had on this one. It's not because I leave of trail of thick haze around with me either but it is one of those where you walk past people at a few feet and they actually turn and I've heard people say "Oh my word that woman's perfume is beautiful"
I wear BV when I want to feel classy, elegant, refined, all those old cliches but that is exactly what this perfume does for me.It makes me walk taller, it makes me feel empowered (which sounds stupid I know, but it is why it is my absolute favourite fragrance because it actually does have that effect on me.
As for it being similar to Gucci. I have worn them together to try them this morning and I'm afraid I have to say I do not see the similarity. Gucci does not have that completely blended aspect (to me anyways) that BV does. I also have the BV body scrub, the shower gel and the body lotion and they all smell exactly the same in the container and they smell exactly the same on my body. That to me, as well, is a sign of someone who knows what they are doing with a perfume.
I would wear this at any time of the day or night. To me it embodies everything a classic fragrance should. Depth, consistency, and appropriate for any occasion. In my opinion this truly is a masterly concoction that nothing really comes close too.

Martaynd
Martaynd

Had to get rid of this today. Now that the EDT exists, I prefer it. It is softer. The original is too intense, I never wore it.

Ziggy2012
Ziggy2012

This is a truly lovely fragrance. A soft gentle floral suede that is emminently wearable.

To me, it is slightly on the feminine side of unisex but a confident man could wear it. I could understand this becoming someone's signature scent.

It is less overtly floral than Cuir de Russie or Bandit, and the jasmine note is just subtler although present all the way even in the late drydown

It has good longevity and the sillage depends on how many sprays you wear.

I think with time this will be recognised as a modern masterpiece of blending.

It is not a complicated scent that developes and subtly changes all the time. Rather, it is just a perfectly balanced accord of a few ingredients that somehow create a really beautiful simple harmony.

A little jasmine, a hint of bergamot and pepper on top of a creamy soft suede leather.

On my skin, the patchouli in it is not the earthy hippyish headshop patchouli. I guess somehow it is magically transformed either by the jasmine or the oakmoss. Until I saw there was patchouli in it, I had not even realised, but I guess it contributes to the depth and creaminess.

It is really lovely and I would recommend that anyone try it out

nebbe
nebbe

I've had bad luck with this perfume so far. I love the bottle - it is sleek and classy, and looks amazing sitting in my cabinet. Unfortunately, it smells awful on my skin, like burned plastic sprinkled with pink peppercorn and children's vitamins.

I'm glad it sits better on others' skin - and that I only blind bought a mini! Since I like the bottle so much it can decorate my bathroom, where I would never let my successful purchases live :)

UPDATE: I am beginning to suspect that oakmoss and pepper notes do not play nicely with my chemistry. I get the same effect from Ellen Tracey Bronze, so there's that.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

The initial spritz is a huge beautiful bouquet of flowers seasoned with a twist of lemon and a pich of pepper, I found the opening to this perfume utterly gorgeous!
The fragrance settles down fairly quickly and then there is this beautiful boho patchchouli (you have to love patch) which is all wrapped up in a beautiful gentle mossy blanket. The drydown settles into a floral composition with fabulous shades of leather. Oh my!! This is really fantabulous!!
I love every note in this fragrance and in true Italian style, the blend is perfect. It is such an unusual and almost surreal perfume that my nose has been constantly pressed up against my wrist since wearing this beauty last night.
Silage is refined, it is not an overpowering perfume, longevity is excellent and one would hope it would be. This little darling doesn't come cheap, but absolutely well worth the money IMHO.
The mood that this scent sets for me is a woodland walk at the end of the summer months and heading into very early autumn in an Italian village, mid afternoon, when the searing heat of the day is starting to wane and a welcome breeze brushes past carrying that beautiful smell of sweet florals and leather satchels.
Utterly, utterly glorious!!!

Soft nicely leathery amber scent with touches of oriental floral. Very elegant, but mostly black tie formal, and not for day wear. Just a touch too rich for summer days

Henriette

I wrote a review in 2011 when I first sampled this scent and my impression was very good.
I am adding another review three years later to tell the world that among the scents issued in the last 20 years in my very humble opinion this is by far the best of the bunch.
Among the scents of the last 20 years this stands out for being classic, refined, long lasting, not cheap smelling, not synthetic smelling, not fruit salad smelling, not plasticky, not nauseous as the majority of its contemporaries are.
Bottega Veneta is a very beautiful composition, a lovely chypre in the league of Mitsouko and Femme with which it shares a lovely fruity note, a lovely mossy note, a beautiful woody note.
I love this scent, I hope it will remain as it is and no one ever dreams of messing with it adding fruit, plastic or the Heaven knows what to make it more updated.

fortheloveofperfumes
fortheloveofperfumes

theres seems to be a mistake in the ml Fragrantica has written, Bottega comes in 75 ml, not 70

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Finally got to test it! I see the sophistication everyone has been talking about, the slight bitterness of the leather and oakmoss together with the bergamot and pink pepper creating something lovely and high-class. However, oakmoss is not for me and my chemistry brings out all the worst indolic qualities of the note with time, so unfortunately I can't wear this..I'm very pleased to have had the opportunity to test it though! It's quite a little treasure.

mimsyc
mimsyc

This is a gorgeous scent: warm, spicy, intimate and sexy. Initially, upon using it, it reminded me of an old-fashioned Grandma scent - which does wear off after about 20 mins - but it has grown on me (and my partner, thankfully).
However, disappointingly, it wears very close to the skin and I've found that if I spray it on after using moisturiser it disappears completely. I made a shift to this after wearing Narciso Rodriguez EDT for 10 years and couldn't test it out first (after discovering a sample of it in a magazine) because this perfume is not available in my country.
While I do really love this I'm not yet sure whether it will become a life-long classic for me, but who knows!

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

When Bottega Veneta EDP hits on my skin, I get a jammy plum/apricot and patchouli. This creamy sweet concoction is not unlike some of the 'fruitchouli' compostions. However, given a few minutes, when the plum note subsides, it reveals a creamy, almost buttery, honeyed and slightly salty suede with an earthy undertone, and stays so all along. While the transition is utterly smooth, there is a certain dynamic with different nuances to keep it attractive. There is nothing animalic or tar-like in Bottega Veneta EDP, which could bore some die-hard leather fans; the suede here is soft and comfortable, very wearable even for some leahter-phobes.

The sillage is relatively soft, and the longevity is almost 12 hours on me. I actually find it relatively sweet and dense, but the whole scent is well balanced and there is a certain airiness preventing it from being too cloying. A well-crafted, very wearable suede fragrance exuding understated elegance, I certainly wouldn't mind having it one day.

MsDana
MsDana

This one is very nice! Earthy, a bit spicy, with a nice balance of soft florals and leather. Longevity is quite good at about 5 hours on me. It is subtle, and sits close to the skin, which is perfect for when you want a perfume that is noticeable, but not a silage monster. IMO it could be worn for work or casual wear as well if you'd like., it is quite versatile. This is one of the best balanced fragrances I have ever tried. It can easily be a unisex fragrance as well IMO.

christianne1
christianne1

Bottega Veneta is the perfect daily, year round scent for me. It is woody mossy plum patchouli that is completely addictive. There is a reason why it won Allure best new fragrance in 2012 and was Neiman Marcus beauty award winner in 2014. It is a tasteful but interesting crowd pleaser that falls somewhere between niche and mainstream. It is linear but far from boring. I agree, there seems to be some violet in there that is left out of the note description. When I close my eyes and imagine Bottega Veneta being a color, I picture grey violet mixed with mossy green. The leather is minimal and only acts as an enhancer. For me, Bottega Veneta could be worn any season, day or night. I am so glad my dear friend Germany introduced this to me. I put it on this morning, re-applied late afternoon then purchased a full bottle tonight.

Dayhomemama
Dayhomemama

I am in love. I cannot stop smelling it and I wear only for extra special times....it intoxicates me in beautiful!!!

stephanienwc
stephanienwc

When I tried this on a paper at the store I really didn't like it after smelling all these other types of sweet/floral fragrances. But now that the scent has had time to develop I really really really love it. It smells like soft leather - both feminine and masculine at the same time. It really conjures up the image of someone with understated elegance and of course, likes expensive things.

Covergirl84
Covergirl84

Whoohh...Big blast of patchouli, spice, light suede. It wears close to the skin. The drydown is quite similar to 'Miss Boucheroun', but more androgynous.

Sherihan
Sherihan

Big personality,it is the kind that you know it immediately, good as a signature perfume(if you believe in such a thing). Incense is detectable to me(Indian one). The whole composition is oriental.

kellymi
kellymi

Wonderful.

Black leather riding boots. Buttoned up librarian with lace garter belt holding up her stockings. Petals gone, crisp mornings--it's Fall. Not pumpkins and spice, but leafless branches and cold streams.

Alas, my skin absorbs this scent so quickly, no sillage, longevity 2-3 hours. Still.....it leaves me wanting more.

Hellita
Hellita

I tried this on my wrist because the bottle just looked so inviting and beautiful, but the scent was horrible on me! I automatically thought of dust, sour grass and old ladies. Had to wash it off!

norlyh
norlyh

Leather hasn't been a note I've picked up readily until recently. I finally recognised leather in another fragrance, Miss Balmain, which I adore, so now leather is all too obvious to me, how did I not get it before?? Bottega Veneta EDP is a classy fragrance. To my nose the leather note is like new suede and it is very distinctive throughout the wearing. It's not like a well worn, soft, sweet leather and I found the 'newness' of the leather note too heightened for me to wear. The softness and beauty of this fragrance doesn't really show through until the final stages of the drydown when it is quite feminine and very pretty.

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

Quite a nice fragrance. It reminds me of someone but I just don't know who. It's a little too powdery for me so I won't be purchasing but it is a lovely scent none the less. Probably better for a woman then a girl.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

so i tried to like this but my husband said it smells like a dead woman in a hearse. and yep now that he said that i can not get the image out of my head. the leather seats, a wood coffin, and some lingering woman perfume. oakmoss and patchouli play a large role here with some jasmine leather in the background. i do not get a whole lot of pepper on me. overall i just cant get into it. i imagine a librarian wearing this, or an older lady wearing this like 50+. not my cup of tea. overall its not terrible, and on the right person i probably wouldnt think "dead person in a hearse". not for me.

Germany
Germany

VIOLET WOODS
Bottega Veneta is a beautiful soft fragrance that is quite mossy and earthy. In fact what I love about it is that it smells of violets. I don't see violets listed here, must be it was forgotten. Too me violets and moss as well as a soft hint of patchouli is the main focus of this classy fragrance. It is very similar to Cuir amethist indeed but I do not see similarities to Daim blond . I do not smell a lot of leather in bottega veneta , daim blond however smells strongly of suede , which I also enjoy very much. Out of those three ( as they are compared) Cuir amathist is the most refined one and probably my favorite , the Bottega and then Daim blond , but regardless of this order they are all beautiful fragrances .
This fragrance has beautiful body products . An amazing cream that smells stunning. It will be my next purchase for sure. There is also a great hair mist. I love when a fragrance has body products. Its so great this way to make it your signature scent . The new edt is amazing as well. Its fresher and has no leather and no,patchouli as well as they added gardenia. Great for summer or day time or for the younger girls that may find the EDP too mature.

Kateri81
Kateri81

On the very beginning it's bit harsh, but after a couple of seconds the perfume changes in a dusty pink gloves made of fine soft leather. Pure elegance.

Two months later I am so frustrated. This smells so amazing, but has no lasting power on me. And the projection is zero. I was hoping so much, I've found the one :(

cherry_lips
cherry_lips

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Bottega Veneta EDP!
It starts with sharp blash of patchouli, but strangly it didn't bother me (I strongly dislike patchouli note). Then comes this very soft, sweet, leathery scent of classiness and luxury! I get also an incense, which is not listed or may be is just my skin?!
It's addorable, has to be experienced. It stays close to my skin, like a fine scarf and it lasts over 5 hours.

janella13
janella13

I was drawn to the bottle while sampling perfume at Nordstrom.
Oh. My.

Love my sample. Found a mini for my perfume shelf and putting my pennies together for a full bottle. Being a floral type of gal, this was a chance try that is a WIN.

Try a sample. You will be in love.

Picked up a minature bottle and was transferring some into a spray bottle ( I like spray more than the dab application). Husband walks into the room after I did my mini-decant and exclaimed...What is that smell? I love it.

Guess what I will be wearing around him? And saving for a full size bottle,too.

Whit
Whit

Thomas Maier's description is exactly what this fragrance smells like. It smells like you're in an old library surrounded by leather bound books; quite an unusual aroma. On my skin, the opening is a little harsh, but settles rather quickly. The leather is kind of sueded on my skin, but it's very prominent. It reminds me of a fancy new sports car with leather interior, or perhaps a new leather purse. So far, I really like it and it's quite easily unisex; a man could wear this with no problem. I get pretty good longevity out of it with moderate sillage. If you like leather and you're wanting to try a new one, give this one a whirl. Men, you should try it too; I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ginger Kitty
Ginger Kitty

So many beautiful written complimentary comments prior to mine. I enjoyed reading all of them - thank you.

For me it has the sense of being wrapped in warm wooly cashmere whilst sitting in the back of a Bentley after a delightful night out at the opera.

An absolute pleasure to use and smell on others regardless of gender.

Mos' Beth
Mos' Beth

This is one fragrance I never want to be without. The notes never mention violet, but to me this is a violet-scented leather. When I was five or six and my mother still seemed to me the height of feminine elegance, I loved to put my face in her handbag and take in the wonderful fragrance. It smelled of leather, from her gloves and the purse itself, violet, from her lipstick, and probably some floral scent from the mini of Evening in Paris that she kept in her purse, although I don't remember how that perfume smelled. I had forgotten all about that secret pleasure until I tried Bottega Veneta for the first time. When I wear it I feel elegant and sexy, comforted and nurturing all at the same time. I love, love Bottega Veneta.

prettyswag
prettyswag

GLAD..Im getting another bottle of this...im addicted to this...its so sexy! ..my first bottle ran out...so cant wait to get my new one...it lasts all day on me...and its great for this winter weather...

mudpach
mudpach

Oh, I fell in love! I never smell a light, tender chypre-leather scent like this. Beautiful scent: sophisticated, elegant and modern perfume. Perfect!

VJ2
VJ2

Can I just say I adore this perfume! I receive compliments when I wear this fragrance and it smells wonderful. This frag is a skin scent and I love the pink pepper and leather as dominant notes on my skin. Mature and slightly edgy, this should be a welcome addition to any perfume collection! I have a distinct preference for the original over the Eau Legere version.

jelizani
jelizani

This is by far one of my favorite fragrances ever. The warm, worn leather permeates, with sweet bourbon and mossy undertones. It reminds me of the Algonquin Hotel on cold winter nights, sipping a Manhattan, and sinking in to a leather armchair to read a while.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Pink pepper and leather! It positively reached out and snagged me by the nostrils when I first sprayed this perfume. Fortunately, the acrid first few minutes faded quickly and mellowed, but still the smell of leather and pink pepper is very prominent. I really don’t get other specific notes, but I do get a general “feel”; I think I’m heavily influenced by the color of the bottle (beige-rose) and other marketing.

Luxury—pale, minimalist, monochromatic extremely high-end, spotless, filled with diffuse light; a home impeccably furnished and maintained…but barely lived in, barely touched by human activity. This is the smell of someone who has all of the pieces of a fabulous, glamorous life but isn’t able to really live it. For all of the vim and vigor of the pepper, for all of the sultry earthiness of the leather, this is a very aseptic smell….400 count sheets never slept on, cashmere throw never snuggled in, no time to relax on the huge leather couch, lights programmed to turn on when no one is home…I’m feeling kind of lonely, sitting here sniffing my wrist.

If you love leather notes, this is something to experience. It is quite linear. This is an elegant, aloof and rich smelling fragrance that somehow lacks depth and authenticity, but it also seems well constructed of high quality.

EDIT: After about 4 hours, I’m loving how this fragrance transitioned. Gone is the neutral beige ambiance, things have heated up: smells like some serious snuggling has happened on that leather couch. I’m tempted to say it smells “masculine”, but I think the fragrance is playing off of my own associations with musk, leather and warm skin scents. This is really sexy!

divasg
divasg

This was a blind buy because of the positive reviews here. I kept putting it off because of the price-tag. I should have smelt it before I purchased it, but I wanted that first moment to be special and at the comfort of my own home!

So once I plonked down on my fluffy beds, I whipped it out, and smelled it straight off the bottle on it's nozzle. BAM! Leather, leather, and more leather, and a little bit of pink pepper.

I have a soft spot for pink pepper, and I wanted to love this so much (pink pepper like Lovely or NR). I am disappointed. It is too harsh on my nose. I have not even sprayed it on my wrist yet because I fear it will be too overpowering.

If someone is interested in this bottle, I can do a swap. I will be glad to swap this without hesitation.

mizz.cindy
mizz.cindy

Bottega Veneta is a very approachable and feminine chypre with leather and soft powdery and earthy notes. I find it's easier to wear than other leathers, like Dzing!, Cuir Fetiche or Daim Blond. The leather note is very soft and laid back, but recognizable.
I personally don't think it's very unisex, because of the jasmine in combination with the leather, which makes it very sexy.
For a chypre, it's one of the most likeable ones, and it has that earthy vibe from the oak moss along with the powdery notes that makes this also very elegant and sophisticated.
I love my leathers and this is unique and different enough to be an asset to my collection. Beautiful!

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Ladies do you get lasting power with this one? For me my impression is a lovely aroma. This fragrance in my opinion is very unisex without being masculine or feminine. I think either sex can wear it without offense.

I am getting a comforting spice, a leather and a warm fall feeling with this fragrance. There is nothing offensive or unappealing about this scent to me. The only thing I am noticing is a weak lasting power with limited strength. I would think for the price this would be very long lasting and a strong performer.

UPDATE: I wanted to give this another test. Sometimes I do think our noses can get tired or accustom to scent. I reapplied and it appears to have decent lasting power. Still I feel that the price tag is not justified.

SweetDesire
SweetDesire

I've made lots of blind buys, some of which I would have been better keeping the money in my pocket. So this time I played safe (especially as this little gem is not that inexpensive!). I have just spritzed myself (about 5 mins ago) and I am in heaven. I already feel more confident, I'm smiling because it's soooo good. I'm not an expert so cannot denote certain notes or stages but if this continues to be as good in an hour or so I'm going straight onto the internet to get me some! It's luxurious, chic, sophisticated and I love it. Still have the Eau Legere sample to try so will update on both later. I never, ever, want to be without this one. For the first time I don't care that a fragrance is expensive. We belong together.
This fragrance just gets better and better every time I wear it.

ensoleille
ensoleille

Leather, ice cream, patchouli... warm, not overly sweet, comforting. I discovered it in a magazine ad and bought two mini bottles on eBay. It took a couple of times wearing it to get to the violets, because the leather & patchouli made my nose so happy, she forgot to smell the rest. Nevertheless, those lovely sweet violets are there. Brought back great memories of a mulberry colored leather coat with curly lamb trim that I used to own. More of a winter fragrance for me, makes me feel happy.

ravjan
ravjan

It's gorgeous! I don't care it says 'for women'. Bullshit! It's perfectly unisex! Elegant, lumionous, warm, suede-ish, honey-ish. Understated yet notably present throughout. Wearing it makes me feel like a million dollars! So much better than the 'pour homme' thing..

meligonlan
meligonlan

Really a masterpiece??????????????????????????? I can't hardly smell this and people around me don't even notice I'm wearing perfume. Overhyped!

Anatares
Anatares

Extremely sophisticated, beautiful woody-floral. A bit masculine but gorgeous. Very longlasting. Highly recommended.

Mirabele
Mirabele

I am in love and i want to cry. It is a Bottega Veneta and it may be THE ONE. If I die and go to heaven, I want there to smell like this. I am wearing a sample today that I got from a nice Fragrantician and I can not get enough. This smells absolutely different that most of the stuff I ever smelled and tested and this is how I want my fragrance to be. I am so happy I never gave up on testing and trying and finally I am rewarded with something so nice. It is chypre floral and I believed I do not like chypre. The opening is soft, subtle and feminine. The drydown is kind of unisex and even masculine and I am surprised for the second time, that I don’t mind that also.

The smell is very luxurious, aristocratic, with a twist of vintage but sophisticated and refined & modern at the same time. Subtle but also specific. Not girly but grown up woman. A bit distant, for someone who is not likely to hurry to open herself. Someone mention a woman that is unnaproachable, it may be, but it is also a woman that you can not forget, so you are going to approach her one day anyway. Someone mention a cold woman, and I can see why, but it is a woman who can seem to be an ice queen from the outside, but if you get so lucky to know her, you will see her rich strong personality that will bewitch you. A woman who never seeks attention, but a woman who gets noticed anyway.

It opens very subtle and not load at all. This is a very good thing. Most often than not, I kind of try not to hate the opening of a fragrances, it is often too harsh, too load and too much of everything, like there is no tomorrow. Bottega Veneta knows her own value, not to loud to scream about it but waits patiently to be noticed of those who appreciate it. I am not good at picking up particular notes, but in the opening i smell lily of the valley, violets and powdery iris. Not sweet not dry but just in the right balanced amounts. Then it goes even softer and more subtle. Reminds a bit of Prada Infusion d’Iris at this stage, but better. Sits close to skin. Everyone would notice how you smell and that you smell good but not many would realize that you used a fragrance. This is exactly how I like my fragrance to be. The drydown, well, it is unisex. I wouldn’t mind to smell this on a man, especially in a bit darker version. I am not good at picking up particular notes, but it must be leather, I assume. I never knew I like leather. The smells that lingers, unisex and even masculine, but the one I love and don’t mind at all. The smell of comfort, the smell of good life, the smell of coziness, the smell of hope. I love love love all the stages of this fragrance and I am purchasing a full bottle as soon as i get some money available without even looking at a price tag.

EDIT. i still think it is lovely, and i love the scent. but i was not able to use it as a fragrance on my skin. It smells leather only and i am not comfortable to wear it as a perfume. I do like the smell. I spray some in my car. it smells as luxuriuos as it can ever be.

mubes89
mubes89

My newest perfume purchase. I am a Tom Ford Girl but I could not resist this one. It is very, very nice. Soft yet full on, sweet yet sexy and very long lasting.

the day i got my bottle of bv edp i was so captivated by the scent that i doused myself with the stuff just so that I could sit around in a cloud of it and smell it to my heart's content. i enjoyed myself for quite a while before i realized that i had to run to the convenience store across the street. so i did. as i paid for the milk the girl at the counter earnestly asked me if it was raining outside - the store didn't have any windows. it wasn't but i nodded an equivocal gesture for an answer, not understanding where she was coming from. as i left the store it dawned on me that she was getting the "wet tree" off the bv cloud that hung around me.

i think her association was spot on. there is something autumnal about bv. it's the leather and moss scenario. when you smell it it's self-explanatory. you get literary types in leather jackets walking along damp stone walls of an old city. if that sounds chilly bv is not. it has the sweetness of skin and breath. it's a living thing, there's a heart beat. it makes sense that it wears close to skin. somehow the introversion seems appropriate to bv's evocative territory.

kris919
kris919

BV is super close to the skin from the get go. It doesn't project at all, and I like perfume to project a bit. The initial spritz is kinda off putting. At that point, I didn't understand the hype with bottega veneta ( and I still don't) . A few people have compared this to Gucci Rush. I don't pick that up at all. It might be made by the same person, but there's really no similarities that I can tell. Rush is a monster and a masterpiece..strong milky peaches,strong patchouli and heavy vanilla.
Bottega is so soft..you will forget you're wearing it. I smell soft plum, soft patchouli, and a very vague citrus smell, probably the bergmamot. The leather is subtle as well. this is a very weak perfume. Some may get bored of this after awhile, instead opting for stronger scents they own. This would be great for someone to wear at a funeral...or anywhere you don't want to offend or overpower anyone around you. BV is not what I'm looking for. As far as longevity goes, it lasts awhile I guess...but no sillage at all.
This would probably benefit with some woody/spicy notes in it to make it stronger.

darcy2
darcy2

Went to Nordstrom with my list of fragrances to test based on notes I am looking for (violet is one of them). Not a shy, shrinking violet, but an assertive one. Tom Ford's Violet Blonde was at the top of my list. After I sprayed it, the SAS said if you like that, try this (Bottega Veneta). On paper, the VB was stronger, more of a powerhouse type of fragrance -and I love powerhouses. The BV was more demure, and natural, but they shared much in common, as the SAS said they did. So I sprayed VB and BV (lol) my wrists separately and went off to look at the shoes. Half hour later, Violet Blonde turned on me, in a powerful way. My husband said "Eew..." Actually the first time he has ever reacted that way to any perfume I have ever worn around him. The Bottega Veneta, on the other hand (literally) was just lovely. Lovely violets, that is...which is rather puzzling. Nevertheless, it's heart smells of fresh violets. I love it. It is NOT a powerhouse or a sillage monster, it wraps itself around me like a sheer veil. On my want list!

londonhermit
londonhermit

This juice is strong. I have a sample vial and I smelled it before I even opened the cap. The perfume itself has some elements that on paper would smell like a cologne with my chemistry. Surprisingly it's not that masculine. The oat moss and leather dominate the patchouli in the opening. This combo continues for a while and then the florals come out and softens the leather/oak moss combo. As the fragrance settled I continued to get whiff of the leather but the jasmine was still present. I enjoyed the tug o war between the jasmine, oak moss and leather. The notes mingled and had a soapy powdery smell. Very interesting fragrance. It lasst about five hours on my skin I suspect it would be longer on clothes.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I think the best way to describe it would be floral oriental, that is rather leathery. I am not a fan of leather notes in general so I wasn't expecting to like it.
However, this is rather nice. If you wore fragrances like Spellbound and Samsara, this falls in the same category. Its a modern floral oriental. Its also rather distinctive as it didn't smell generic like so many scents today.
Top notes are very fleeing on me-it almost immediately transforms itself into cloud of jasmine and patchouli with lot of leather. I even like the leather note because it reminds me of smell of really nice new leather handbag LOL. I read a reviewer saying that this scent could be unisex and I agree. Leather note gives it definate masculine vibe yet its feminine enough for any woman.
I find it sophisticated and elegant, and can picture this on classy lady who knows what she wants.
Lasting power is very good as well. Small spray will easily last for hours and I love simple yet elegant bottle

bossontherun
bossontherun

This is a completely delightful creation ever created in this world. It wet and dry, sweety and leathery, Yes Patchouli is there but not in your face like Angle from Thierry Mugler but in a very mysterious subtle way. I've own one but everytime I smell someone wearing this from afar (literally a scent trail from miles away, that's how it lingers regardless the exaggeration) something in me force my feet to follow like seeking to get back my stolen bottle.

Complicated, sophisticated, sensous, high class,....I am going to look for the most beautiful words to describe this Gem. By the way, did I mention the look of the bottle itself is a masterpiece also!?

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

Just added to my collection, FB. I love it, the drydown is gorgeous and it smells classy. Not overpowering and not a copy of something else.

jeniferlyn69
jeniferlyn69

Love this...also spray it on my husband. Warm, sensual..ok!! It smells..well..Gypsy has a fantastic review!!! It is on my short list for Must Have.

GLIMPSE-IT©
GLIMPSE-IT©

Marketing strategy says it is for women, but for me, this is perfectly unisex. Besides, fragrances are like angels, they have no sex, whereas those who wear them have.
This is an elegant and refined leathery scent which perfectly matches the spirit of the luxurious brand of leather accessories.

It is very close to Daim Blond by Serge Lutens(nobody in this famous fragrance house would dare to talk about a perfume as being for men or women, it just has to be for itself on the skin of the person who wears it).

I like and wear them both : i'd say BV is more aerial and soft than DB which is more generous and artistic like all S.Lutens's creations.

Please gentlemen have a try !

CandyShop
CandyShop

This sent reminds me Cat Deluxe Naomi Campbell. The same notes on my skin. I like it, very sexy and femine sent! Im going to buy a big bottle asap.

butterflyblue
butterflyblue

I was on the fence with Bottega Veneta for a while. I wasn't sure I liked it enough to buy it. I went to Nordstroms to get some make up and I made a sample to take home and try. I took a shower and sprayed it all over me before going to bed. I woke up in the morning half asleep and thought wow what is that amazing warm smell. Then I remembered the sample of Bottega Veneta I used. I knew then I had to have this incredible scent.
Went back to Nordstrom with my husband and got the gift set. I absolutely love this, makes me feel sexy and happy. My husband really loves it too.

batkitty
batkitty

I've found my answer: Bottega Veneta is the end of my search for a spring/summer suede perfume. It's subtle yet rich, and it's lighthearted, with a wonderful joyful energy to it, never heavy but lingering, whispering in my ear for hours. I absolutely love the first few minutes on--a fresh burst of bergamot over a gentle but sensual suede accord with a touch of plum and moss (I think there's a tiny hint of lily of the valley in there too). From there, over time, the base fills in and sweetens, adding more jasmine and patchouli as it dries down. To my nose, the suede is never "animal", just warm, earthbound and seductive. This is a perfume with a wise soul and bright, youthful spirit combined. Love it!

Hi there.

I left a review earlier, but I wanted to say that Cartier Roadster smells just like this fragrance. The Cartier bottle is sexier and although the Roadster is geared for a man, it is unisex as it smells so similar to this one.

mhtpaints
mhtpaints

I share my perfumes with people, and make 2.5ml atomizers to benefit Autism and this is one of people's favorites.
mars18golfer@gmail.com
I was surprised I liked it, as I tend to like florals.
This is deeper, I sense vanilla in the woods, which is something I don't usually gravitate toward...like Valentina Absoluto. --which I was also surprised I liked....and other friends found the same...they liked florals as well...but liked these two.
Give it a try....you'll get compliments, and enjoy wearing it.
Not overwhelming.

paiged98@gmail.com
paiged98@gmail.com

I am loving this perfume. I just wish it was a touch more. More of everything to give it some projection. The blend is so beautiful and it is hard to believe the ingredients mentioned are all that it is there. I must have a thing for Michael Almairac's scents. It's so interesting when you find that you own so many done by the same noses and begin to realize that just like an artist, specific pieces speak to you. The best connection for me, believe it or not is SJP Lovely. let me say that Lovely was done a much, much bolder, intense fashion because that was how it was intended. I love Lovely. BV is a veil of perfume rather than a heavy hitter. Does that make it weak or bad? No. It just means that I want more from it and I will have to spray more on. It is such a beautiful perfume and a stand out that is worth writing about. I bought direct from BV, the price was actually better than anywhere else. When i had it on last night and hugged my Aunt. She was like "OOOOOO what do you have on?" It was the first time I wore it;)

beddy

vraiment je l'adore, je le trouve encore plus classe que daim blond, plus raffiné aussi ....

tourmali45
tourmali45

Smells exactly like Gucci Rush from the very first notes. Then the scent mellows and goes into a slightly different direction: delicate plum, leather and a touch of sweet rose, and quite peppery as well. That's a more delicate Gucci Rush, and I like Bottega Veneta's version more. Looking at the nose behind both of these scents, I can see that for some reason Michel Almairac wants to reproduce the same scent at least twice for two different houses, and I find it rather strange. I haven't sniffed most of his creations, but would be interested to try them - probably more twins?

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Again, another so-so perfume for me. This can be unisex and cant be worn daily. Its again, too boring and smells like a diluted version of something else which I chose not to remember. I'll take Daim Blond anytime, but not this.

Layana
Layana

Love this perfume. Very sexy. Beautiful leather note. At first I smell leather and some citrus on me. Then I get strong plum? and patchouli. It all melds beautifully and on the drydown I get slight vanilla as well which is unusual. Strong yet stays close to the skin. Very intimate.

I dont see any similarity to Rush, even though Michel Almairac is the nose of both perfumes.

nerskine
nerskine

Smells like really good leather, plus something spicy. It reminds me of a crisp fall day when you first want to wear your boots. I am not usually a patchouli fan, but maybe this has made me a convert.

antfarm
antfarm

This perfume is like a sexy spanking for my nose, and it hurts so gooood. I am getting pink pepper and patchouli the most.

It's butch, but in a way that actually hints at its own femininity, like a well made-up woman wearing a tuxedo revealing just the right amount of cleavage. It reminds me of sexual agency and power.

Catty

The best launch in the last 3-4 years. For me, a classic . . .this is soooooooo sophisticated. . .I´m addicted to this scent. This patchouly + leather mix is just heaven. Highly recommended!

cori.x
cori.x

this is a very very unique smell, i will be able to identify it in the crowd, and won't mistaken it for another fragrance.

i don't think this is for everyone, it came across to me as a very uninviting smell, cold, modern, futuristic, and masculine. don't understand why people say this is ladylike, i don't think so at all!

brain-ish
brain-ish

Noted that the composition evokes old, good times’ classic- while being very wearable in modern way. Certainly, it’s something you’d expect from a luxurious leather house, because it’s simply entirely... fine.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

classy, sophisticated, very original and beautiful..powdery but not in a cheap way..high quality elegance, seductive..love love

d-d-d-drew
d-d-d-drew

I thoroughly concur with Marco Chau on this one. As a guy who enjoys big masculine, old-school 80's fragrances, and a few new ones, I find Bottega Veneta's classic fragrance to be both complex as it is compelling. It's not surprising that Mr. Almairac also formulated Gucci Pour Homme (2003), one of my all time faves.

You definitely smell the leather, but it's a very fine, soft, Italian Intrecciato leather, woven together masterfully with an earthiness that can be very masculine. And that hint of floral? Well, if you're too macho to deal with that then don't. I find it adds a balance and counterpoint to all the spiciness of the patchouli, bergamot, and pepper.

When asked by a woman what I'm wearing, I simply reply, "Why, it's Bottega Veneta."

When asked by a dude what I'm wearing, "It's Bottega Veneta. Bite me."

Now as far as the Bottega Veneta's Eau Légère, definitely more feminine. But this one's mine.

hadir
hadir

Lovely, perfect for winter. I'm using it since early morning and after 6 hours, I'm still feeling a silky, warm, soft woody veil on my skin. Men love it so much...lots of compliments. Also the bottle is elegant, bottom has a simple hand-woven effect, as their beautiful, high class bags.
Really well done, Monsieur Almairac!

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I won't go into technical details. Enough people on that, already. Besides, perfume is too subjective for that sort of thing. I'm just going to say that every time I wear this I get stopped by people of all ages and genders. They all want to know what that gorgeous scent I'm wearing is. To me this scent spells elegance and class. On my second bottle.

Soria
Soria

Simply Divine, Elegant and Feminine as well as being memorable. Wear it and watch heads turn. I love it!!!!

gentiana
gentiana

I blind bought the EDP from an internet dealer, based on the enthusiastic reviews on more sites... At first sniff, it didn't please me at all... Somehow the notes seemed to be in a kind of dissonance - sharp and cold and aggressive. Jasmine has sometimes very freaky twists on my skin... and I somehow overlooked thet Bottega Veneta has jasmine...
After two more tries, something happened and BV blended very well with my skin, it seems to be for me definitely a scent for business meetings... I hope that it's not only my nose got used with the - let's say just - indolic jasmine, in between the others wrinkle their noses, raise their elbows and run for fresh air. I although have the feeling that it changes the smell with the mood/ hormones/ food of the wearer. Deffinetely make a few tries with family / close friends and get honest feed-back before wearing this in a formal ocasion....
On the other hand, it is veeery interesting layered with more brutal leather perfumes, such as Cuir of Mona di Orio and Cabochard...

Karenin
Karenin

Bottega Veneta Eau de Parfum probably comes across as somewhat of an oddity in the world invaded by a plague of generic cloying pinkish compotes. My guess is the younger crowd wrinkle their noses after smelling a perfume like Bottega Veneta, which, to be honest, does not bother me at all.

Despite not being groundbreaking or trend-setting, to me, Bottega Veneta EdP is a unique fragrant treasure. I´m not going to attempt to describe its effect on me since I would be forced to resort to such cliched adjectives as "modern (with a classic twist)", "gentle", "sophisticated", "classy", "elegant", to name just a few. Bottega Veneta EdP IS all this and so much more. Even though it´s been composed of run-of-the-mill notes, they´re blended exquisitely. The scent starts off fresh and slightly spicy-citrusy. Then it moves to its floral-fruity heart (courtesy of jasmine, violet and plum), and signs off with oak moss and patchouli. The heart and base notes create a very pleasant rendition of leather, thanks to which on my skin, BV turns into a delicate and alluring skin scent. A considerable number of fellow perfumistas have commented on the unisex nature of this fragrance. In my opinion, a man can pull it off with the proviso that he´s not put off by BV´s head and heart which do lean more towards the feminine side. However, the reward in the form of the heavenly drydown is well worth the risk.

Bottega Veneta EdP is pure delight and one of the best feminine perfumes out there at the moment.

hasesan
hasesan

I have a love-hate relationship with this perfume. My mother in law gave it to me as a christmas gift and at first I hated it, smelled too strong, too old lady for my taste, then one day I just put it on and I LOVED it, smelled classy and sexy and elegant. I don't know, it isn't an everyday perfume for me so I just put it on special occasions because otherwise it just overwhelms me.

penka_1
penka_1

elegance and class

Yiyiblue
Yiyiblue

Tried this at Nordstrom today. At first I found it too sharp, but then it settled into a very familiar smell...Gucci's Rush, which I love! But this is softer. I've been sniffing my arm all day. May have to get a full bottle.

Update: box arrived today! I got the set. Can't wait to wear this to work and share this lovely fragrance. Warm, calming and friendly.

MsNora
MsNora

if diam blond and balenciaga paris had a baby it would be this scent. it is classic, femenine, a little sexy and oozes luxury. starts as a very bright floral and then the leather note quickly appears to mellow it. beautiful and suitable for any occation especially one where you want to be a lady. maybe not the best scent for someone under 25 but, of course, it depends on the person.

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

It's very nice!! That's the kind of chypre I love the most! Quite heavy but settles down to a very elegant, womanly perfume. Very aristocratic as mum put it!! Lots of patchouli with what seems to be a menthol like smell from the oak moss and bergamont! It lasts and projects well.. 4 hours and going strong.. 6 more close to skin but definitely there! Sillage, it makes its presence obvious but it's not offensive! Love it!! Recommended to all the lovers of patch and heady gorgeous scents!

alanood
alanood

wonderful. absolutely wonderful perfume . This is a very special chyper woody scent. to me it smels like a combination of lether and somthing powdery little bit sweet and earthy. staing power an sillage are very good . I also trid the losion , it was very nice too

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

I hate to see this fragrance being classified and advertised as a women fragrance. It is totally unisex and most definitely a perfect fragrance for soft leather lovers. One spray on my palm got me bringing this home and smelled my palm constantly on the way home till bed time.

patrick-fragrancelover

Like Bottega's beautifully crafted leather goods, this too holds the standard of master craftsmanship. Beautifully earthy, the notes are subtle and simply compliment each other, rather than one trying to shade the other. The patchouli very well done, it never nears the "hippie" patchouli reputation. Soft honey adds to the warmth. The dry down does get sweeter, but not in a feminine fruity way. You can also smell leather. As though this was sprayed on your favourite leather coat, accumulating scuffs with wear, but only adding personality. This could be enjoyed by both men and women, and I hope that it is. Considering this fragrance is under Coty, I am actually surprised by the quality.

Axum
Axum

Last spring I spritzed, then bought, a bottle of this at an airport duty free, enroute to a new job in Beirut. I ended up wearing BV for about a month straight, which, considering how much I like to vary my perfumes, says a great deal.

BV is a lovely, refined leather scent. It's the leather of soft, high quality leather gloves. It's slightly salty, which somehow keeps it clean, balancing out the leather / citrus / floral notes.

BV is extremely polished. It projects quietly good taste and grooming. I would say that it is unisex. It suits classic clothing (as opposed to ephemeral fashion), and is destined to become, itself, a classic.

gmstrack
gmstrack

Bottega Veneta by Bottega Veneta is classified as a Floral Chypre, but I would describe this as a Fruity Chypre. The luxurious bottle evokes feminine leather, mirroring the juice inside. First, I will address the issue of fruity vs. floral. According to the note listing, bergamot and pink pepper contribute to the fruity aspect, but as mentioned by other reviewers, plum seems to be a noteworthy note. So, here we have fruity leather, and possibly a modern take on Mitsouko. However, if Mitsouko (pre-reformulation) is an attic-confined trunk full of dusty leather-bound books, then BV is a freshly polished library full of leather-bound books. The library is spacious, maybe a window is open, but the trunk full of books holds other strange archaic treasures waiting to be discovered. Perhaps this distinction embodies the divide between the “vintage” fragrances and contemporary compositions. In 2013, we are stuffed to the gills with stuff and gadgets, yet our pastoral sentiments point toward a “fresh” and simple ideal as we attempt to process the daily deluge of information. At the end of the day, we are simply too tired and overwhelmed to rummage through the attic. Also, 100 years ago, it was a sign of progress, and perhaps status, to leave the house smelling like the latest chemistry. Now, we associate “chemical” odors with toxicity while body odor is synonymous with poverty and ignorance; time for your huge dose of aldehydes and civet! So we long for a simple time, free of pollution and full of pastoral landscapes and “organic” gardens.

3.5/5 Very good intentions…

RedLady
RedLady

Extremely elegant and ladylike.
I normally find patchouli to be a little too overwhelming in most fragrances, it doesnt seem to agree with me, but its softer in Bottega Veneta, calmer.
It opens quite sharply and its very fruity and sweet at first. The dry-down is very quick however and you find yourself bathing in warm, understated luxury.
It melts on my skin beautifully.
If I smelt this on any lady, I'd assume she'd have very expensive taste.

aveilhe
aveilhe

Upon first spritz, I get patchouli – a clean, well-behaved pop of patchouli, as well as a somewhat nondescript citrus note. Then, within minutes, a fruity-floral sweetness emerges. Is it apricot? A plummy, demure jasmine? So unexpected and lovely!

The sweetness of this scent evolves much more noticeably on my skin than any of the leather or mossy notes listed. It is, however, not a saccharine, girlish sweetness – it is a powdered, woody, feminine sweetness (not at all gourmand, despite the fruit notes). The woody-powdery effect I imagine comes from a violet/orris note. It brings to mind the slightly sweet smell of old books or an antique love letter, once laced with a spritz of an admirer’s perfume. If there is leather here, it is not a rich or smoky leather, but rather a soft, sueded leather – perhaps the leather of a scented glove that has been wore many times or packed in a trunk for safekeeping.

The sillage is medium, but it lingers on the skin for hours (6-8 easily)…softly, like gossamer a veil. It is incredibly elegant and manages to somehow smell both modern and vintage simultaneously. I feel beautiful and nostalgic when I wear this. Full bottle worthy, without a doubt!

BV brings back memories of the old Penhaligon’s scented poetry books that I used to adore as a child (published through the 80’s and early 90’s and scented with their perfumes). The perfumes would fade after time and use, but the inner binding would remain impregnated with the scent. I would stick my nose in the book and breathe it in between reading my favorite poems by Keats, Wordsworth, and Browning. There is something, to this day, about the smell of perfumed paper that evokes romance and an aura of Victorian charm for me. BV evokes this scent perfectly.
The sillage is medium, but it lingers on the skin for hours (6-8 easily)…softly, like gossamer a veil. It is incredibly elegant and manages to somehow feel both modern and vintage simultaneously. I feel beautiful and nostalgic when I wear this. Full bottle worthy, without a doubt!

panda0410
panda0410

Just got this today after mixed reviews here. Price point is bit too high, but the fragrance itself is really lovely. There is a beautiful floral component here, and yes to the reviewers below I also detect soft rose as well as a rich, velvety jasmin. The combination of the oakmoss and patchouli give this a wonderful soft suede or soft refined leather note thats not harsh like some leathers and is pretty appealing. The pepper note is quite understated, and what you are left in the drydown is a super soft chypre floral with some light wood notes. Its a nice, classy, fragrance.

silviaci
silviaci

I fail to understand this one. A dry woodsy composition, with oakmoss playing the main part. The other notes don't really stand out, and I feel it lacks depth. Also, not comforting at all. I imagine this on a cold and somewhat unapproachable woman.

mimikins24
mimikins24

I like this fragrance, but don't love it --- especially at this price point. It's nice, but not nice or unique enough for me to buy a bottle, but I will happily use up my sample.

The opening is heavy on the bergamot, with a punch of pink pepper. Quite fresh really.

In the heart of the fragrance, I really do not get jasmine at all --- rather a powdery combination of rose and violet.

The base of patchouli and oakmoss, reads to me as dusty patchouli, tending towards a note of suede.

This is a quiet and sophisticated scent, but light on projection and sillage.

I have to say my initial impression is that it is a good deal like TF Noir de Noir once it dries down --- just substitute the oud in Noir for the leathery note in BV. I will definitely have to try these side by side to compare.

hermyonee

thyis is absolutely a clone of Lutens' Daim blond, very nice, less expensive though ... same chic light suede-chypré, classy and elegant.

butterbean
butterbean

This is VERY patchouli and pepper coupled with oak moss. It is sort of more a MAN-ly fragrance not too feminine IMO.

It is a musty floral spicy scent. It opens with more floral and bergamot, but over time the patchouli and oakmoss over take the fragrance completely.

It has something that sort of grabs your attention and is likable at first, but the dry down sharpens to that bad patchouli scent that is reminiscent of a pungent B.O. If it is left on clothes, it smells of a musty stanky body oder and screams to be washed.

The only thing good about this is the opening, but its a complete scrubber after a few hours.

Njensen1
Njensen1

This fragrance seems to have a rather quick dry-down. At first spray, I immediately detect a beautiful leather, even before smelling the fragrance on my skin. After two minutes I detect white florals, but not necessarily jasmine. It becomes a very mature feminine floral. Then the patchouli comes in after five or ten minutes, bringing about an incense-like scent. I believe this fragrance is simple in the scents/accords it uses, but its transitions are all relatively separate and I believe that gives this fragrance a beautiful depth.

hermyonee

very close to Daim Blond, Lutens, same soft leather, suede note, classy and chic.

TakeABiteOfMe
TakeABiteOfMe

The first fragrance of Bottega Veneta, for me, is the exact olfactive transposition of the concept of its brand.
Elegance, refinement, luxury in a bottle.
The top is a strange combination of pink pepper and leather with a peel of bergamot, fresh and pleasent, howerver very classy.
In the middle, the leather starts to smell very creamy and sweet, but not gourmand, very skin like with a hint of earthyness of the pachouli and the oakmoss.
This scent is very fine and pleasent, elegant.
The Bottega Veneta woman is very graceful and chic, with her beautiful chiffon dress and her leather clutch, with her rich, creamy scent.
And the Bottega Veneta man? I think that this perfume in men would be very charming and sensual, mysterious, dandy also without vetiver. A shirt with two or three buttons unbuttoned, a black blazer and blue jeans. Easy, fascinating but elegant too.

ohshea
ohshea

Beautiful perfume. Immediately am hit by the leather then it calms down to a spicy beautiful soft flowery warm scent. I adore this acent. Not for women who love syrupy sweet scents. Definitley sophisticated and for a woman who is confident and appreciates warm beautiful scents. Wish it were more affordable though. Reminded me of givenchy ange ou demon with the spciness but i havent owned ange for over two years.

Victoria Plum
Victoria Plum

I must admit I had not picked up on the violet but now that you say it..Violets suddenly appear! Rather like that Derren Brown thought experiment...

I adore Bottega Veneta, but what I love about it is the way that even at the beginning of the perfume journey, the first spray of top notes feel almost like the memory of a past silliage. I get a sweet waft of warm country flowers and milky skin with this one. It seems to achieve a fine balancing act between having a beautiful intensity of fragrance while still remaining airy. It always feels like you are chasing it, trying to hold onto the scent that has just passed you. In this way I am reminded of Donna Karen's Cashmere Mist which smells nothing like this but achieves the same walking on a high wire effect. This feels more sparkling and more definite than the Donna Karen. And it reminds me of a line from a Neruda poem "the sunned mother of pearl of your body."

If you are a violet lover, have you ever tried Volupte by Oscar De La Renta? Apart from a brief foray into Cornish violets from an elf shaped bottle as a kid on holiday with folks, Volupte was my first introduction to grown up violets. One spray is enough with this one though. Strong staying power. Beautiful flacon too with an emerald style stopper.

Jacaranda
Jacaranda

My first review here I say this is magic middle note is jasmine that exactly chic , jasmine is the most rare and expensive oil, the house gone very expensive route and made it right. I feel unique. Thank you to the creator I will follow him now to see what his creations are

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

I'm on my second bottle of Bottega Veneta, as a fragrance addict with a steadily growing collection, there's hardly any greater compliment to make on a scent than this.

I don't think the notes listed here, are complete, on initial breath I get some citrus and a nice dose of patschouli, rather the light and dry one, but then the most lovely and soft leather note emerges accompanied by a gorgeous fruit note, like apricot and mirabelle. All together this is reminiscent of a walk in an golden autumn wood in a velvety soft leather jacket, perfect for everyday use, perfect for an evening out, perfect for an elegant dinner, let's face it: perfect for any occasion at least for me :-)

Sillage and lasting qualities are very good, you don't have to drown yourself in it in order to smell fantastic, a little goes a long way and stays with you for about 7-9 hours, at least on my skin.

I would recommend it to: NO ONE, I'd rather keep it my little sweet smelling secret! ;-)

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

I've been reluctant to write a review on this one, maybe because I love it so much, I want to do it justice in a review. Here goes: Very seldom do I successfully wear something that 1: pleases just me, 2:pleases others, and 3: almost always garners a compliment from those with excellent taste. Bottega Veneta succeeds here in all three instances. I, (like Sherapop) am an extreme violet junkie. This is a sophisticated violet/woody composition that is not overly spicy, but still projects toasty warmth. While this is a fairly new scent, unless it's reformulated or pulled it is destined to be a classic. This is a scent for a refined, unique individual who knows they're wearing something special.

My beautiful Neiman Marcus Scent Event bag arrived today. What a coup. Unlike the Sephora promos, this one contained a large proportion of fragrances never tested by me and which I have been wanting to try. Top of the list? You guessed it: BOTTEGA VENETA.

The hype over this launch has been so overwhelming that I came dangerously close to buying a bottle of this perfume blind--perhaps even as a qualifying purchase for the scent event! Fortunately, rationality prevailed, and I restrained myself, despite the fact that I had fallen in love at first sight with the bottle...

To my great surprise, BOTTEGA VENETA turns out to be a close olfactory neighbor to a number of recent--and equally hyped--perfumes, including Balenciaga PARIS and Tom Ford VIOLET BLONDE. Yes, to my nose, BOTTEGA VENETA falls squarely into the woody violet camp!

Before you accuse me of being anosmic or ignorant or crazy--or some combination of the three--please be aware that listed among the ingredients of this perfume is none other than that word so dear to me, 'ionone', which as a matter of fact is used in perfumery to impart the violet scent so beloved to violet aficionados! Indeed, it is the fourth listed ingredient, which means that it is present in substantial concentration!!!!

So, no, I am not imagining the woody violet demeanor of BOTTEGA VENETA. Marketing hype be damned, to my nose this is a woody violet perfume, not a leather, not a jasmine, and certainly nothing new. As a certified violet 'ho', I'll definitely consider adding this perfume to my collection later on down the line, but there is no way that I would pay the current MSRP.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Soft whispers of leather and the faintest echo of patchouli. It's dusty, airy, leathery elegant and gives the illusion that you're not wearing any perfume at all. It's very classy and reminds me of how the paper in new books smell but more plush.

cute tee
cute tee

Pure elegance in a bottle love it my new fav:-)

nannaje
nannaje

Why is the plum top note not listed by Fragrantica?

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

Oh, this one is going to be wonderful this winter! I just got a sample today, this starts out as a luxuious black leather coat and gloves...delicious! For a very short while, I am reminded of Fancy Nights...the patchouli? Then that fades out it dries down to a gorgeous mossy,dry, powder-like finish.

This is a true gem to appreciate, a very rare, exquisitely blended pefume, like a well made Itailan leather handbag! I've got to have it...gorgeous modern chypre

This is so high class!

Biliana
Biliana

Addendum:
it makes me cough, plus, it's amazing HOW MANY PEOPLE like a scent whose smell is the exact same as my grandmother's old times naphthaline...
I have never expected anything like this. LOL

Catty

The best launch ever in the last 2 years!!! we are in an era of commercial launches. The perfume is launched, the product almost always is a copy or very similar to a previous one, it comes its flankers (many!!!) and then after 3 years it goes discontinued and the next.

Bottega is definetly very very far away from these common place ones.

It´s a very special scent. I would say a very modern scent, but at the same time mature too; leather-patchouli-soft spicy is not for a high school girl, but much more for a woman.

Bottega is very italian, it reminds me of via condotti in Rome, these cool self-made italian women having lunch at Ginger in via Borgognona.

In summary, Bottega is the italian elegance in a scent, in a very creamy-leather, but legère way.

My number 1!!! I don´t live without this masterpiece!

nush imogen
nush imogen

Very very musky and sharp, for me, the pepper is dominant, i don't like it but can see how others might, it seems quite elegant.

seetasaad
seetasaad

elegant ..

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

A very beautiful fragrance, and I liked it much better than I thought I would from the notes listed in it...I got a sample of this with a purchase of other perfumes, and test-drove it a few days ago. Used up my test vial immediately...It went like a smooth Italian car---not a brash Ferrari, but a sleek, powerful Alfa-Romeo. As others mentioned, the sillage is not overwhelming, but it is detectable, and it lasts rather well. The plum in this is quite restrained and works brilliantly with the leather note; the patchouli is very refined. Alchemically more than the sum of its parts, this is a subtle but rich and rewarding scent, sexy yet elegant. This is emphatically not a bimbo's perfume---it's a striking, sophisticated modern chypre for a woman (or a man) who knows she/he is sexy and doesn't need to shout about it. And NO, most definitely not "old"...unless by that, one means a scent does not smell of vanilla-fruit explosion bath gel...I will be ordering a full bottle of this for daily wear.

evilspin

Amazing fragrance. Dont know why this is targeted as only a womans fragrance. Was looking for a gift for mom and thought i didnt like this on her (got her Elie Saab)I bought this for me, it smelled masculine with a bit of open mindedness. Its a unisex fragrance in my eyes and Bottega Veneta themselves say its not really a womans fragrance its unisex so my nose was right, ironically after purchasing I saw this being sold in mens sections as well in Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom. So they must consider this a unisex frag as well. The leather and mossy scent makes this masculine with Patchouli being overall a unisex scent and a bit of feminine with Jasmine which u really cant sense anyway. overall i get compliments from all and even guys telling me what is that your wearing smells nice. And when I tell them they say Bott what? Never heard of it. So I cherish this and the fact that only ppl with taste know what Bottega even is :) By the way the sales rep who sold it to me has her hubby and her son wearing this and her son who works for Tom Ford tell me they get comps all the time as wel and women flock to them and compliment.

s_athena
s_athena

I bought a sample on Ebay and all I can say is WOW. I definitely get the plum and patchouli in this, but it's miles away from any pubescent fruitchouli you could imagine. This is fruit still on the tree, in the orchard on a grand estate, with the scent of the mossy woods blowing in on the autumn wind.

I imagine a young woman in a vintage Mercedes driving through the orchard to her grandfather's estate. You get the orchard, you get a strong whiff of her jasmine perfume and the suede of her purse (Bottega? of course). The pink pepper even gives it a mentholated coolness to mimic the bite in the air. The attention to detail is astounding.

On the drydown it's actually quite dusty, with a bit of a library-book smell to it. Here we've come to the abandoned villa at the top of the hill and entered the master's old library, redolent with the scent of leather armchairs, dark wood, old books and unlit pipe tobacco (flavored with plum, naturally). The jasmine is now that of dried flowers in a potpourri dish. The air from the opened windows blows away the dust and flutters the papers on a massive mahogany desk, as the scion sets down her purse and sinks into the master's worn-in leather desk chair. This fragrance is the smell of an heir discovering the library full of ghostly secrets. This is finding the grandeur covered in dust and cobwebs, and breathing new life into the past - the New World rediscovering the Old.

On the right person this would make a great scent for work, with its mild sillage but incredible lasting power (it was still quietly churning along on one wrist 8 hours later, right alongside the brash sex-monster Black Orchid on the other wrist). I really like the leather, plum and chypre notes in this, but on my skin the library smells rather dusty. As a nerd and bookworm from a young age, I LOVE libraries and wouldn't mind smelling like one - I have great memories of the wood-paneled reading rooms at my alma mater for instance - but I'd prefer one with less dust. Still, this perfume is truly a work of art that tells a story. Definitely one worth sampling, if not buying outright. It's very likely this will become a classic, but it's just not for me at this younger stage of my life. This is for an older lady (or gent, frankly, with that leather and moss), but not because it "smells like old lady". The person wearing this needs the wisdom of a long life to pull this one off well and understand what wearing this means. You're spraying history on your arm. Respect and embrace it.

EDIT: I'm testing it again today at work and it has a younger feel this time around. The dust isn't a musty smell, but more like sawdust or wood chips now (the library is getting a renovation perhaps?). Old is new again, and I think this one has a lot to teach me. This is a must-buy for me!

muskymoi
muskymoi

I wore this tonight on a first date. 5 minutes after he left me at my front door he texted "sexy perfume." So, if any ladies wanted to know whether this a good sexy perfume, I got the data straight from the horse's mouth. I think definitely FB worthy...

bleulady
bleulady

Love my magazine sample from Oct Vogue. The plum note gives this leather frag a very feminine sense. I can smell the lovely aged library room in an English country home with the garden aromas wafting in thru open windows.I THOUGHT WOW, THIS IS DIFFERENT AND REAL, If I were going to wear a leather frag it would be this one.

Gingersnpr
Gingersnpr

I wore this today by way of a sample vial. My kids got in the car and said it was to much and stinky:( I didn't mind the scent but would be better if I was over 60. It's a mature scent. And heavy.

halloween27
halloween27

There is a scented advert in Elle's October issue; Britney Spears cover. It is described as "jasmine, plum, patchouli and leather."

trice9081
trice9081

I smelled this today and at first sniff I fell in love. This fragrance is very unique and different than anything else my nose has ever experienced. It is very elegant and sophisticated. This is one of those fragrances that you just want to keep to yourself and not let everyone know what it is so they will not smell like you. I love this and cannot wait to buy.

bfrosty
bfrosty

What a lovely departure from the common offerings that have come out in the past year. This scent avoids the en vogue gourmand and sweet floral notes that have become so prevalent lately and instead opts for a more modern terrestrial path. It's one of the few scents that I have actually tried before researching and had I not done so I probably never would have looked at it twice. The mixture is much more than the sum of its five parts, earthy and elegant at the same time with excellent staying power and sillage. A rich and full bodied work of art, thank you BV!

cee the scenter
cee the scenter

absolutely amazing piece..ladies, this will makes you really different and original from others. its compossed of significant pepper, leather tones.
it has great longevity 6-8 hours.simply i love it on my wife..

ednafrau
ednafrau

this is an amazing fragrance, unlike any other on the market right now. it is earthy and warm, yet projects an air of low-key sophistication. on my skin, it is a mixture of sweet hay and bergamot and oakmoss with very soft patchouli in the background; the flowery undertones are very subtle. the comparison to gucci rush is absurd: rush is a loud, synthetic peachy-patchouli bomb...i dare say it's the opposite of bottega veneta: VB is down-to-earth elegance. another plus is its excellent longevity. i recommend all perfume lovers to try this gorgeous EDP if you come across it, especially if you've expanded your horizons beyond fruity florals (i'm pretty sure that 3 or 4 years ago i might not have appreciated this perfume). cheers to bottega veneta and michel almairac for creating this singular fragrant gem! :)

Catty

This is pure elegance in a bottle.

This leather-earthy scent makes you feel very sensual and at the same time very very elegant.

A very urban, descent, elegant scent.

This in my top 5 for sure!

carmencita
carmencita

Manny times I hesitated to buy and finaly I brought it and I don' t regret at all. I found it's a mix of 2 perfumes I own: Musc et Jasmine ( Zara) and Passion Flower ( L'Erbolario). I love both so mixing them born another love. B. V. smels so good on me, it' s very classy. Long lasting; I can smel it all day long on my skin.

Ang8761
Ang8761

The sales clerks have been chasing me around the department stores for a months trying to get me to try this fragrance, but I always said no, until.... today. I never wanted to even give it a chance, mostly because they're always trying to squirt me with some overly floral or sweet concoction that screams ultra feminine. Maybe it was because the perfume department was slow today, maybe my defenses were down, or maybe I was just more open and agreeable than usual, doesn't matter... what matters is that I finally gave it a try and I was impressed! Initially I thought it "might" be sweet, whatever it was, it didn't last long. The dry down is glorious, peppery and leathery, woody with some real bite, sophisticated and chic. I can see myself owning a bottle of this juice, not a bad price at all...

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

top starts off as a mild mannered earthy patchouli
heart: bergamot steps in and brightens with its sunny citrus smile
base: patchouli and oak moss
this fragrance is very classy demure and understated.
its elegant minimalism. i can see princess diana of wales wearing this as a signature, had she been alive today.
development is very swift. all stages take place within the hour.
with the category of chypre floral, i expected a loud roar...
this is a soft whisper of a fragrance
btw, i also had armani cuir amytheste, and BV is on that level but in a much, much more femme direction and with less sillage and lasting power.
the lasting power of this is too fleeting for me to even consider the $$$ needed to buy, but i am very grateful for my sample.

Rose Hip

Almost everybody compliments me on it. Looks like it may be my signature fragrance. I absolutely adore it and of course the fact that other people like it on me. Classy Italian chic, very well made, feminine, elegant, subtle yet long lasting. Pretty. Making you feel pretty and delicate. Spray it on your scarf and leave in your room or on your desk in the office - when you enter the room again you will smile and wonder what smells so absolutely adorable.

TheLadyApryle
TheLadyApryle

" You smell like a heavenly headshop located in a library "

This may be the most dead on compliment ever. Bottega Veneta = signature scent.

Blimunda
Blimunda

Although having some similarities with a couple of other perfumes, Bottega still remains unique and intriguing.

It opens up with a burst of pink pepper, almost "fruity", juicy and energetic, followed by soft earthy patchouli smell. Its swirling aura laves some alluring powdery smell, inviting and decent at the same time. It is one of those fragrances that cannot be forgotten being smelled once...

Bottega became my favorite patchouli fragrance.

Carolina Telo
Carolina Telo

Bought this yesterday and really really love it. Smells like the leather bags of Bottega Veneta. The sillage is medium, but it lasts hours on my skin. Definitely a keeper for me!

fpih
fpih

Tried it today and I found out it smells remarkably like Cuir Amethyste (after a couple of hours of CA on my skin) which I already own. Softer than CA in every aspect, this is a ladylike and refined version of the former. The citrus notes become more pronounced after a long while of wearing the perfume and make it seem fresh and not cloying in the drydown. Had I not possesed CA I would be tempted by it, even if it lacks sillage and is a more intimate scent than I usually like (thus perfect for office or morning wear).

Still, wearing Mon Cheri Amour on the other arm -I know, completely different perfume- this seems to lack both lasting power and this extra something that make a perfume unforgettable. If you're looking for a daily scent for every occasion that will let everyone know how elegant and chic you are, BV surely delivers as long as you like patchouli. If you're looking for a perfume for wild nights out, twisting men around your fingers and haunting them with your unforgettable, seductive scent, this is too gentle for the task.

roya1
roya1

This is beautiful.i dont get any leathery hand bag smell at all. Its woody floral on me.

golgotronx
golgotronx

Ce parfum est incroyable, à la fois élégant, racé et subtil. Un vrai parfum pour Femme.
Son coté cuiré, n'en déplaise à certaines, lui confère un côté animal très agréable, mais aussi très classe.
En tant qu'homme je trouve ce parfum formidable, à la fois chic et moderne, une réussite totale.

ninie25
ninie25

In one word : wonderful. A must have. Feminine, young, not ordinary at all. And the lasting is perfect.
But i'm sure there is leather on it, on my skin i smell leather. That's weird.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Love this! What an amazing, sophisticated and subtle perfume - the essence of the brand itself. Soft, supple and rich, just like the texture of a really expensive leather handbag with a gorgeous kid suede lining. The bottle is beautifully made, with a satisfying weight and a delightful attention to detail in the base that echoes their famous designs.
You could wear this fragrance anywhere, any time and feel the confidence that you are well-dressed and attractive. Nothing flashy or shiny about it, nothing loud or brash just a fragrance of undeniable class and quality. What a fabulous example of Italian style!

jventura489

This is my go to scent when I want to feel alive and beautiful. It reminds me of a lovely walk on a breezy shore in italy. It's very italian to me and I love it. It smells beautiful from beginning to end, it lifts up the spirits in the beginning and calms you in the end, it's a beautiful fragrance and will be part of my arsenal for the rest of my life :)

xabaras
xabaras

A big explosion of freshness at the start, with citrus and pepper, very spicy, very fresh, it becomes something very awkward for a few minutes, a strange mixture of paint and wet soil. But it soon changes into the note that's going to be with you for the next few hours, which to me seems like sandalwood, but I read in the notes that it's the mixture of patchouli and oakmoss. It is definitely your "typically elegant and classy" fragrance, but it is nothing more than that. Which makes me wonder: do the creators of some fragrances really imagine their elegant wife to wear perfumes like this one and nothing more? I read a beautiful article about Bottega Veneta that this fragrance wanted to remind the leathery smell of the products for which Bottega Veneta is famous. I am puzzled as I can't detect any leathery smell. Try it before you buy it. It is not unpleasant, but if you really want to smell like this go and buy yourself a much more cheaper "Mirra" deodorant by Tesori d'Oriente, the final result will be the same and you can invest the spared money on something special.

Hilaire
Hilaire

This smells like Armani Prive Cuir Amethyste. That was almost the first thing I said while testing it.

I adored Cuir Amethyste, and I love Bottega Veneta. BV is softer, relies more on Patchouli (be warned Patchouli haters) and is more Suede-like than leathery, it also (at times) has a very strong Violet note. There is a beautiful peppery dryness too. BV balances warmth with softness, and spice with white florals, all underpinned with a lush woodiness provided by patchouli. This is a sophisticated and intelligent treatment of a simple idea.

The bottle is gorgeous! If you loved Cuir Amethyste but found the price a little... off-putting, then this is a perfume for you.

Longevity is very good, I have the drydown on my skin many hours after applying a normal spritz. The sillage is more complicated, I think people around me have noticed it, but it's not choking them or anything.

Kin
Kin

So many opinions "it's like...". Ok, i'll be next :) Opening a little bit like daim blonde (which I adore), but after an hour, maybe more getting musky like zara's jasmine musc (which I also like). So, if you haven't enough money for lutens (i'm not surprise :) but want something classier then zara - it's your scent! ;) But really - very nice, classy fragrance. Not for one season, signature scent for many, hope so.

cocobella
cocobella

i am in love with this scent. i get an initial blast of pepper, but later on it becomes so soft and gentle on my skin, even with a tiny hint of sweetness. as others already said: it is a really sophisticated, luxurious fragrances, long lasting, but close to skin. it makes me feel comfortable. due to its softness (at least on my skin) i think i will wear it all year round. i get a lot of compliments when i am wearing it :).
sure, not for everyone, but give this fragrance a try, it might surprise you!

oona noir
oona noir

The army of violets that took over my skin in the first few minutes were just too much for me. Warning: you must be a violet fan for this one!

ilovelucii
ilovelucii

I wanted to love this perfume, I really did. I sprayed two spritz this morning before leaving for work and upon the initial second i thought it was lovely. A few seconds later I could not smell it at all on me. A couple hours later sitting at my desk I could smell something that I didn't particularly like. It was the perfume. The way it reacted to my skin was sort of a pungent barn-like scent.

I was so surprised as I usually love really deep leathery, mossy, earthy scents but this felt very warm on me and overall just reminded me of being on a farm on a hot summer's day. I did not feel glamorous or like I was in Italy. And I have LIVED in Italy.

Every now and then I get a glimpse of what this scent was trying to do but on me it's just not accomplished in the end.

UPDATE:

Approx. 7 hours later - The perfume finally started releasing a nice aroma. I am mesmerized by the scent I'm getting. Whimsical, and magical. Makes me feel like I'm in a dewy forest, surrounded by lush green and moss. This perfume engulfs you in a fantasy world but leaves the user wondering... Should fantasy be brought to life?

OVERALL:

If you want a perfume that will take you on a journey this one is definitely it. It is subtle but powerful. It has warm moments then cool moments and then back again. It is sexy but only in an animalistic primal way. Don't let the subtleness fool you, this perfume is for risk takers.

dannysmom
dannysmom

This made me smell like a leather couch. Not sure if that's what I'm going for, but many seem to like it. Try before you buy.

EllenM
EllenM

The first Bottega Veneta fragrance is sure to become an ultimate classic in my opinion.
A definitive earthy fragrance which is pure delight to the olfactory senses with it's complex yet subtle layering.
It screams of luxury and opulence without being too overbearing and sits on the skin with a quiet allure.
I discovered this exquisite fragrance after finding a sample swatch in the February issue of Vogue.
It was an intriguing aromatic delight, and I hasten to add that it was gifted to me recently. I am now a very grateful owner of the the EDP.
I have truly found my signature fragrance and get complimented wherever I go by both genders.
I would thoroughly recommend it, and although it's quite expensive it's worth every last cent.
Perfect, I love it!

Catty

SOPHISTICATION is the word du jour to define this scent.

This scent is naturally sophisticated and refined. It´s quite, but you notice it straight away, and you´re not fed up from it after some hours. When you see, you are completly envolved in its "delicious", and you want more of it.

I receive so many compliments from women and men, because of this Gem.

I´m just in love with it!!!

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

Looking Forward to the Sequel Entitled, "How Bottega Veneta Got its Groove Back"

I tried Bottega today. I really liked its beginning. It was fresh, mossy, and peppery. As it dried down, the patchouli and moss came in, which I usually like. It is unfortunate to report that BV lost its mojo in the drydown. The scent became too amber and too familiar. It reminded me of the very late stages of Laura Biagiotti Roma--not that that is a bad thing. I just would have liked BV's uniqueness to have hung around longer.

Scarlet39
Scarlet39

What a beautiful perfume this is.Bottega Veneta is soft, gentle, subtle en smells the way silk looks. It gives me a feeling of quiet luxury. It doesnt need to scream, or behave vulgare to attract attention. In that way, this perfume is not of today's times but it whispers of ages ago when being luxurous was nothing to boast about. What I also love about it: hours and hours later it still lingers around, making me feel comfortable and happy. Really wonderful!

zosoroxy
zosoroxy

Recently sampled this @ Lord & Taylor- Where I was graciously provided a sample vial (EdP). I tried wearing it on 3 different days: The initial blast of (very) strong scent, relatively quickly dried down to a definitive cocoa (unsweetened chocolate) on my skin. While I have no idea whether there's any chocolate in this, that's all I could detect / discern (!)- Maybe it's a similar note, that I'm just too unsophisticated to identify. Overall this frag is not offensive, just not for me. Rather, I think it would be so very lovely on anyone else who enjoys it :) PS- I am guilty of bathing in Miss Dior (original) & Aromatics Elixer, so my opinions are to be taken with a grain of salt :) Thank you for reading!

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

I'm a Leather fiend... when it comes to scents
and this one is a stand out.

This is my fave latest find.

A refined and elegant fragrance...!
Its been refer to as a GENTLE LEATHER!
Due impart to its mysterious powdery ..smoky feel
A classy leather,is always a Unisex scent
in my book.

I got compliments on my fragrance today while walking my dog... now who can say that's not a delight.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Sampled this today, with trepidation, as jasmine is not a note I care for, but in this delicious blend it is hardly even identifiable as jasmine as it mixes so well with the other notes. At first it seems like a gentle leather, but add the subtle floral notes and it becomes a soft, somewhat powdery, and very classy perfume. I think it could also be worn well by a man. I hanker after a full bottle of this but oh! the price. This is one that should become a 21st century classic, it is a true masterpiece. Thanks heaps, my dear sister-in-perfumery Yamba1, for the sample, you have really started something here!
Edit 24/7/13: After a few times wearing this I went off it rather suddenly. I think it was the jasmine, because after wearing it for more than a couple of hours it started to make me feel quite queasy. I have swapped it for something else as I know I would have stopped wearing it. I still think it is classy and a very well blended perfume, just not for me.

lukkyme
lukkyme

ronnierenae . . . i have not got 2 test this yet but ive heard the SAME thing . . .that if you can not smell it on you then its a perfect match & what you should wear! . . . . my problem is this while i dont want 2 offend anyone with my perfume's because i love ALL type's my prefference is just what one ''IBELIEVE'' is made the best & smells the greatest BUT this is something i do 4 ME! . . . SO i want 2 be able to smell/enjoy it! :) i mean i do appreciate when some one compliments my perfume or ask's what im wearing . . . .but enless a person has asthma or allergies I DONT care if they DONT like it! . . .infact my faaavorite time to wear my perfume's is at night when i just get out of the shower & put my pajama's on i spray & climb into bed & lay under the covers drifting of 2 dream enjoying my perfume

Ronnirenae
Ronnirenae

Someone once told me that if u can't smell the perfume on you then that's the one that smells best on you.....not sure I agree but I reall want to smell this one

sherien
sherien

Is it my nose or is it the fragrance??!! I can hardly smell it on my skin.. can't even evaluate it as it is sooo weak on me.. maybe its my skin chemistry!!

Aspendina
Aspendina

I love this fragrance so much, its so unique and for some reason makes me think of autumn with kids getting ready for Halloween, leaves blowing in the wind, cool autumn breeze, craved pumpkins, I want this for my fall scent. but good god the price is $$$$$$

Perfumenut1
Perfumenut1

I was really looking forward to testing this and was a little disappointed. All I got was powder, patchouli then moss and lots of it. At the end all I could smell was somthing similar to the inside of a leather bag. It's not bad, the creative director certainly got his specifics right, however it's not for me.

smellME
smellME

This one has a little world of its own.
Dry, cold, warm, bold, strong, weak, lively, unique !
To describe it, which is hard...maybe I can sense the dry and a little unisex feeling from Iceberg Universe - also a masterpiece if you ask me...and the jasmine reminded me of the one in
Elie Saab ,le Parfum but where is the very specific leather note listed ? I would call this a very luxorous and subtle day scent with a twist !
Nothing really party about it...
A little bit too much moss for me.
Lucky the ones who can wear it !

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

Adult and perfect.

Monika.nemecek
Monika.nemecek

Best release in recent 5 years. It is so unique. Gorgeous, long lasting. earthy seductive sexy. You can´t find similar smell. It deserves FIFI award for sure.

jventura489

ok one more review, I notice a lot of vanilla in the dry down however, it is not one of the notes. I'm worn it for around 4 hours now and it's definitely closer to the skin which I like. The leather note is subtle and sweet...Wow this fragrance is lovely. I wish that it had better sillage though but this is definitely perfect for work...

jventura489

I just bought this amazingly delicious scent today, as a gift to myself because I just landed a job! And I must say this is the most beautifully exquisite, unique scent! I am so happy that I shelled out the money for this...I see myself wearing this to work as it is not obnoxious! I love it! I can't wait till my boyfriend smells it on me, I will let you know if he notices it...

Rose Hip

It's my latest purchase and I love it. Makes one feel elegant and classy.

It's a gorgeous fragrance! Lov it..

Bottega Veneta is possibly one of the more interesting new releases of the last six months. I read a lot of reviews prior to testing this fragrance and the consensus seemed to be that it was a rich, leathery fragrance being rather elegant and sophisticated in style. Nobody mentioned its freshness nor its subtlety.

The leather is certainly there, but it is less pronounced than say Bandit or Cabochard. I sense more in the way of patchouli and pink pepper, with a splash of citrusy freshness. Bottega Veneta is not a Summer scent, but I'd definitely recommend it for Spring.

The scent overall is very feminine despite its rich earthiness and the smooth leather accord. The jasmine is only very subtle, showing up every now and then to subdue the pink pepper note and remind you that this fragrance can indeed be pretty.

This fragrance, in my opinion is not sensual nor overly captivating, but it is quite serene. I personally like the way it sits on my skin; so very natural and quiet.

Bottega Veneta is a fairly intimate fragrance, also one that could be worn to almost any occasion. The longevity is wonderful despite its subtlety, and you're sure to find yourself fascinated by Bottega Veneta's complexity.

I truly hope that this brand continues to produce fragrances like this in the future, so my opinion never changes.

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

That`s what happens when a good perfumeur is truly implicated in creating a revolutionary fragrance. It is indeed utterly unique, it stands out mainly because it smells different from the recent artificial floral-fruitty best sellers.
Everything is well balanced in this eclectic creation, from the peppery start until the mossy-leather accords in the drydown. A trace of iris root completes the whole scent. It is a subtle but present perfume, it absorbes attention without raising its voice. Its more a skin scent, but combined with the body lotion from the same line can last much longer, and on clothes it smells very elegant.
I met my soulmate in this one. Definetly a keeper!

sirenacheng
sirenacheng

wow Bottega Veneta definitely smells Italian. it kicks off with crisp bergamot and the smoothest leather undertone. after a while a hint of jasmine and moss begin to show up and it's getting more charming when the most gorgeous and well-behaved patchouli appears. it's slightly powdery and yet it has a feel of coolness. well i'm totally fascinated by this scent!

there is a certain statement in Bottega Veneta. that is, i'm rich and i've got great taste and that i'm powerful and i keep it low profile. i think Bottega Veneta is quite unisex. it would be very sexy on men.

sillage is moderate and it stays about 10 hours on me.

violetblack
violetblack

smells like pink leather and grandmas. Rich grandmas.

Catty

I´m in love with this elegant fragance.

It´s very refined and distinguished.

For me, it´s a leather-musk scent, appropriate for the day, or for an early event on the evening.

Very special and unique! a great surprise in the middle of so many remakes!

I will repurchase it for sure!

Catty

I´m in love with this elegant fragance.

It´s very refined and distinguished.

Very special and unique! a great surprise in the middle of so many remakes!

I will repurchase it for sure!

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

WOW! A smooth opening with a light citrus-fruity opening which quickly transitions into a warm, spicy cinnamon-like note. As the development continues, there is a smoky, powdery note that takes over, with a spicy-smooth leather tone. Longevity is excellent, and sillage is moderate. Lovely, classic scent that can be worn anywhere, anytime, but that retains a smoldering and gently sexy tone.

mara_g
mara_g

Probably the best release of 2011. I's a modernized classic I could say. Earthy and crisp , with a very small amount of sweetness given by the jasmine. Feminine in cold, elegant manner . Perfect for a silk blouse or dress and pearls as jewelry. I love it!

Airdna
Airdna

BV is definitely one of the most expensive smelling perfumes I've come across. But it is a quiet and elegant perfume that only hints at wealth and power without loudly announcing it, very classy indeed.

When first sprayed, there was a noticeable powderiness but not too strong. I generally don't like powdery perfumes but this was tolerable. What really makes it unique is the dry down. Once the powderiness goes away, it becomes warm and sweet but with a touch of bitterness that makes it sophisticated and unique. All the notes in the dry down are very well balanced and none too obtrusive.

Lasting power and sillage are quite good. I sprayed twice on a coat sleeve and 2 days later when I moved my arm I could still smell it in the air.

shoreshells
shoreshells

I love this fragrance, it's all the notes that I like that stand out on my skin. Just one problem; I dislike the bottle. What a horrible bottle. The fake plastic ribbon on it can hurt when you open it and it's the bottle is so plain for such an expensive and beautiful fragrance. The bottle just doesn't do it justice!

A few days ago, I sprayed this on my wrist once as I was walking thru a beauty counter at my local department store. Surprised and confused. All I could smell (or remember) were pink pepper and patchouli. It was not hot nor spicy. It was just peppery. I did not get anything really floral either. It was different for women's fragrance, and mn should give this a try.

alchimia72
alchimia72

I find this perfume overvalued. A lot of advertising, secret about olfactive pyramid for what??? I tried two times. The first one i thought: Nothing special. The second one : after 10 minutes i hardly smelled it.
A smell already sniffed, something remembers me of other perfumes. Finally nothing special! And it costs too much!

nicenspice
nicenspice

I find it hard to believe that anyone could be overpowered by this perfume( see previous review).It's lack of oomph is the one disappointing thing about Botegga Veneta for me,because the smell is heavenly.
It starts off with woody/mossy/patchouli tones- strong and unpleasant as all perfumes are for the first two minutes.
It calms into a middle phase of peppery/powdery/fruitiness on a quality par with chanel,but already it's power is waning.Yes,it's heady sweetness can be enjoyed by my partner as he's snuggling close but I like to share my beautiful perfumes with everyone,otherwise what's the point?
The loveliest surprise BV has up it's sleeve was revealed to me on a cold night when I had my head right under the covers.Seven hours after application,confined in the warm space of those bed sheets I was enveloped in a delicious sensual wrap of sweet liquorice and marzipan.
"YES! THIS IS MY SIGNATURE SCENT!" I cried ( in my head).What a great pity I had to wait 7 hours for it and could only smell it in a warm confined space.
Oh,Botegga Veneta..you frustrate me so.

Mignonette6
Mignonette6

I really wanted to love this fragrance! I wore it for the first time today, spraying two sprays confidently before going to work without testing first. At first, I thought it was really nice and smelled exactly like brand new supple leather. However, after about two hours, when I was at the office, the fragrance ramped up and I began to feel overpowered. Then my boss peeked his head out of his office twice and said, "Do you smell something?" Finally I asked if it was my perfume and he swore that it wasn't, but I'm not so sure. By that time, I couldn't handle it anymore and had to go wash my arms.

When I came home, my boyfriend teased me about having to hold his breath when he kissed me hello & he's not so sure about my new perfume hobby. This is 12 hours later! Needless to say, as much as I would love to love it, it doesn't work for me.

Great sillage :)
Ramps up after a couple hours
Sweet leather and patchouli

sallyjwong
sallyjwong

This fragrance entices me with its sweet, peppery and earthy top notes which resemble Chanel, wows me with its captivating flowery heart notes, but fails to deliver in the end. With my chemistry, it turns this wannabe elegant perfume into a pungent scent after a couple of hours. I wanted to love this one, but it is like a one-night stand that only lasts for two hours, and I can't stand having it on me afterwards.

ahc4490
ahc4490

I have to say at first sniff, I was eh intrigued but not too excited about this perfume, at second sniff on the skin I was in love. Now after owning and wearing it for a few weeks I have to say I really love this perfume, though it is fairly simple in composition it actually is somewhat complex on the skin. At first it has just an intense pepper (especially on paper) and something mossy similar to walking through a forest on a dry fall or winter day. After about five minutes, it turns in to this slightly peppery, with a dry vanilla undertone and really mossy dirt. It really does smell lovely, it is spicy, warm and has a very natural nature smell that is actually very womanly to me.

Nursie
Nursie

I wish I could say I love it because its such a different scent... but I really dont like it at all!!

iMaverick
iMaverick

And then it hit me...it smells like Armani Privee Cuir Amethyste, but far more transparent and unassertive. Cuir Amethyste I would find hard to wear everyday because I really have to be in the mood for the scent of violets. The patchouli in Bottega Veneta does not aim to kill. All I get is the smell of rich suede and pale leather. The floral notes only act as a backdrop for the sweet discreet leather.

All that BS about the scent of Veneto is pure crap. But hell, it is still breathtakingly beautiful! I shall never forget.

Absolutely unisex. Pair BV with a nice lightweight pinstripe suit in a light charcoal color.

sabiwasabi
sabiwasabi

i just love this fragrance!!! Very sensual and warm makes me feel special cause not so many people wear this here yet...
Can be my new signature scent.Makes me think about my before love hiris from Hermes but alot stronger more a yell then a whisper like hiris.smells very woody warm and suede honey sweet on my skin.i feel in love again...

At first spritz I smelled strong citrus and wondered how in the world this was going to morph into the scent of leather. After wearing so many "leather" perfumes like Must, Shalimar, and Chanel #19, I thought "no way."

Much to my excitement, as the minutes passed, my nose began to pick up the scent of a super expensive, extra soft, nubuck leather satchel. You know, the kind of leather that feels like silk to the touch. And lots of jasmine.

This perfume doesn't scream LEATHER the way the perfumes of yesteryear do. It doesn't smell old and dusty, doesn't smell smoky or stale, doesn't remind me of a black leather jacket.

While I can't say I want to own this scent (the jasmine doesn't work for me), I have to give kudos to Bottega Veneta for taking a risk and kind of modernizing and revolutionizing the definition of a leather perfume.

delphine67
delphine67

This is a lovely soft earthy and leathery scent. Classic and sophisticated. It reminds me of the old Bourjois Ramage.

soulflwr

Smells like a brand new leather handbag...in a good way! I like it.

The notes listed by Bottega are:

Jasmine, plum, patchouli, leather.

allaboutbeauty
allaboutbeauty

This one has an intense leather smell on initial spray, followed by moss and then jasmine. I can see this being a hit for people that lean towards earthy/woodsy scents. I also think it could be unisex as a woman or man can wear it.

marusiatko
marusiatko

Reminds me Balenciaga Paris. It really does not contain violets? Sillage is quite discrete. It is a high quality scent,pure sophistication. I wanted to buy it for winter to replace chanel allure sensuelle but I do not feel the pink peper and simply this perfume is not strong enough for winter. However, it could be a great choice for spring. But I am afraid BV does not have the Wow factor.

Bennett5
Bennett5

Brought this for my wife after giving her the choice of this or Chanel Mademoiselle,
after sampling both she decided on this one, amazing aroma we both love it.

icekat
icekat

I was instantly captured by this scent. The composition is so stylish, classy and beautiful and it is also so different from myriad of fruity floral and sweet gourmand scents. The scent has this soft and gorgeous leather note (though it is not listed as the note) but to my nose it is the fine leather that gives this scent such a modern and chic vibe. What it reminds me of is shopping in expensive designer boutiques with stunning leather shoes and purses. When you touch them and try them on it makes you feel like a model walking the runway in Paris or perhaps Milan wearing those works of art. The scent masterfully captures this vibe in its rather abstract and modern way. But despite its unusual from the mainstream composition, it is not difficult to wear at all. It is designed to be fashionable and just a bit edgy but not shocking or extravagant. It is very classy and elegant.

As I said earlier I love the leather note in this scent. It is noticeable right from the opening lingering in the background while the bergamot and pepper lead the way. The scent comes across as very balanced and masterfully blended right from the start. The jasmine in the heart notes is different from the indolic or natural or opulent and overpowering jasmine. It is so well blended with the fine leather and beautiful patchouli notes that it appears to be rather an abstract representation of a jasmine with its sexy and elegant feeling than the natural jasmine flower. The patchouli is so well-behaved here and so refined. The dry down is soft, chic and beautiful with the patchouli, oakmoss and fine leather accord. The scent is close to the skin. Don’t expect huge sillage here as it is subtle but it is noticeable and the scent lasts for at least 6-7 hours.

Overall score 8.5/10. I got a full bottle after trying this scent. I think I am going to use it a lot as it is something that I could wear on a daily basis to work or casual evening out. I definitely recommend this scent.

www.brittxxx.nl
www.brittxxx.nl

I went to the store to try this on,just like i always try new smells and my favorite smell is Yvresse from Yves Saint Laurent.And it is a 100% copy of Yvresse.DELICIUS!!!!!!!!!!!

(best smell ever,next to Poison,Hypnotic and Coco Chanel)

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This is a soft, slightly sweet suede scent on me. I like the dryness of it. It seems to go perfectly with my chemistry, but something is holding me back from saying "I love it". I'm not sure what, though! Maybe I was expecting something more from the scent. It feels "easy to wear", and sillage is low, which might make it perfect for the office, or days when you don't want to be completely enveloped in a cloud of perfume.

In the end, I need to dwell a little more on this one...it has the potential to become a "Love".

Chanelette
Chanelette

For me this is the biggest and most pleasant surprise of this year. This fragrance is sober and understated but very interesting. Jasmine creaminess combined with the finest leather notes and the softest patchuli on a dry green oakmoss base. Pure sophistication.

jonr951
jonr951

Bottega Veneta is definitely my new obsession at the moment. I got to test it today and it's definitely jumped to the top of my xmas list. I had never heard of the brand before but bravo really on this beautiful fragrance! It's definitely my favorite release of the season. I need to start saving my pennies. Ha! : )

Creolecat
Creolecat

The sales associate at the Bottega Veneta shop stated the perfume is comprised of plum, white jasmine, and leatherwood. When I asked what leatherwood was, he explained it represented the streets of Italy. Imagine what went through my mind. I would rather imagine the earthy and fragrant countryside of Tuscany. Upon first application, Bottega Veneta is woodsy; after a few seconds, it lifts to a subtle powdery bouquet. I’m really enjoying it and it has become my daytime perfume – nice for work, not overpowering – sophisticated.

talnyc

By mistake, I sprayed the Tom Ford Noir de Noir on top of the Bottega Veneta fragrance and man oh man.....what a BEAUTIFUL combination......Try it and see for yourself. The two scents really blend well together.

talnyc

I went to Bergdorf Goodman yesterday to try it on and I did not have high expectations, but WOAH!!! It is a perfect fall/winter scent. You can wear it in the AM and PM. It is not too strong, just right. A wonderful fall scent. You can smell the jasmine, but the patchouli tames it down, so that it is not a strong floral thereby making it a very nice fall fragrance. The peppercorn/leather notes also warm the scent and makes it sexy, but you can wear it during the day. The dry down is very, very nice. Very good! Enjoy it.

evilspin

AMAZING! I was at Neiman Marcus in the mens fragrance section and this fragrance rep older lady saw my high end tastes in the mens fragrances and she showed me high end fragrances that were not out yet. Then she recommended me Bottega Veneta & warned that it is a womans fragrance but very worth it & she knows i would appreciate it as my tastes were good. THis should have been a unisex. She told me her husband & son wear it & every woman flocks to them & they receive compliments. When I smelled it...WOW I had to have it. It was strange my reaction as it doesnt scream Masculine fragrance. It is the same feeling I got when I smelled Diors Homme. A very unique and not heavy on the manly type scent but so differently unique and cant stop smelling yourself type of feeling. Although I love manly scents, I also appreciate unisex fragrances. As I seem to get the most reactions from and they dont over whelm your nose or make you want to shower to remove the scent. I also find this very reminiscent to Gucci Rush for women but more masculine with the leather scent BV has. Although Gucci rush, not recommended for men lol, this one works great on mens skin. Trust me you will get complimented and asked what you are wearing.
I also love mixing this with Bvlgari Black.

poodle13
poodle13

Bought this on the weekend as I am a fragrance junkie> Now I want to give all my other scents away, this is like a loved leather satchel. Interesting, comforting, and classy.

ajblondie
ajblondie

This is a fragrance release that I did not have high expectations for, a lovely SA put several samples into my bag when I bought another perfume as Harvey Nicks, this one was put to one side untested for a few days until a read a really positive review for it so I dug it out and gave it a spray. It is an elegant perfume with a gorgeous creamy dry down, the sillage is pretty good, I tested it as a bedtime scent and there were still faint traces of it the next day.
I was suprised to read that it was a leather scent as I did not get the harsh leather that is in Kelly Calache, instead what I got was a lovely buttery almost suede note which I love.
Will I buy it - Yes without doubt although I may wait for someone to buy it for me for Christmas.

jasmasid
jasmasid

This has a beautiful opening, a gentle leather very green and very understated, but one can't help fearing that it will simply evaporate in a matter of seconds.
Wrong! It goes on to develop, revealing more complex layers and dropping soft hints before finally drying down to a sophisticated yet buttery-smooth fragrance which I could never describe as "oriental" -- whatever that means! (Pink-peppers? No way! Oakmoss, yes, definitely. And patchouli for sure.)
Yes, certainly very nice, but there are equally nice ones out there at less than a quarter of the price so unless you spot something extra-special in this concoction or happen to have a huge perfume budget, you may as well use the money to get four other, equally intriguing scents.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

A 'no nonsence' fragrance that seems inhibited at first, but gradually opens up as the dry-down exhibits a touch of exotic.

Definatly not a teen scent, it's one of those exclusive scents that sort of re-introduces the 'old world' fragrances. A brilliant contrast to mainstream fruity florals.

The scent makes me think of a solemn librarian who seems stern and serious at first glance, but then makes you intruiged.

Henriette

This is a very lovely perfume. It opens with woods, patchouly, green notes and some leather without being aggressive. It's very elegant, refined, classy, chic. It dries down to a soft powdery note without feeling old fashioned. It's a discreet scent but not banal at all. It might not be too original but among the scents of the last few years this is certainly the best I have tried. I would recommend this in autumn but truly so wonderful that you can't be wrong in any season.

antonpan
antonpan

Strangely, but this one is the second (after Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial) feminine interpretation of irisy leathery Dior Homme this year. Bottega Veneta is a less sweet version of Dior Homme. It starts off with soft bergamot and soon becomes a less sweet version of Dior Homme, with more prominent leather and patchouli notes. For me this is the smell of an antique book in a leather cover. Yes, men could wear this fragrance as well. It is not strong or sharp, though it has an estimable longevity.

artsymom
artsymom

This smells like my dad when he would get back from a business trip when I was a little girl. Leather suitcase, cool air, and a perfectly blended notes of nature.

Unbelievably expensive smelling and at the same time, comforting (I guess due to my childhood memory).
I love how it takes a while for the soft leather note to really show up. No fakey-band-aid-leathery smell here. This is the real deal - my favorite leather scent so far.

I'd say it's unisex leaning a little more towards feminine. Great sillage. I like it a lot!

3ood
3ood

i couldn't decide if i liked it or hated it , but i am quite disappointed of it because i expected the first perfume from bottega veneta would be EXCEPTONAL :( :( :(

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

I purchased the 2.5oz EDP with the Body Lotion at Neiman Marcus.

The fragrance however is not a strong one, it dosen't last or linger as much as say, Chanel Mademoiselle does. I get at max 6 hours using the lotion + EDP, about 3 using EDP alone.

The scent is very sophisticated. On my skin with the first spray, the leather is more prominent followed by the jasmine with the patchouli in the background. I think if you like Gucci Rush on your skin, you're going to also like this. Gucci Rush smells really amazing on me, but I think its because patchouli just does!

This juice does sweeten on me a bit, the leather smell starts to recede and I get more jasmine with a strange berry smell during the first hour. It changes again, to wafts of patchouli, and a bit of hay/green smell. Its not hippyish at all, just pleasant and well matched to my skin. I do like that it dosen't go too sweet on me, I think they've done a fantastic job with the base notes to make sure it dosen't.

If you're craving adventure in a scent, this isn't the scent for you! But if you're looking for a very stable all around scent, that is very sophisticated and you're a leather lover, then you're going to be very happy. I've over-sprayed on purpose and didn't get any weird patchouli funk that can happen with some perfumes. (I don't suggest over-spraying though...)

The perfume bottle is beautiful, the lotion, not so much.

melia
melia

Very chic and Italian-smelling! The bergamot makes it fresh, while the patchouly and oak moss give it more dept. Don't worry, it's a light fragrance, but it is definitely not unnoticable. As I said earlier, very chic and sophisticated. Has a bit of an Hermes feeling in my opinion. A man could wear this really good as well... Though the best person to pull this off is an Italian woman with long brown hair, looking younger than she is (around her 40'ies)... Wearing a crisp white shirt and beige pantalons, with an expensive watch and brown leather heels. That's what I imagine with this fragrance anyway :)

Livca
Livca

My first thought was: What a lovely smell, very classic, feminine, soft. Second thought: But maybe it's more for older women? But I dont care, its so lovely I'll get it.

Nichole
Nichole

I am absolutely in love with this fregrance. I am young in age but i have an old soul and this sent very much embodies me! I just bought it today and instantly fell in love, and I hightly recommomend at least a tester spritz (: (: (: ***

shabbus
shabbus

I got this as a sample, and I've spent the last hour or two sniffing it. It opens with a beautiful, luxurious leather scent. It really would make a wonderful men's scent as well.

The smell does not have much sillage, on me it sits very close to the skin. A personal leather smell, like a rich leather glove.

After about 40-50 minutes, it mellows into a nutty smell that is reminiscent of Bal a Versailles, but not as overpowering. At this point I have to part ways, as I overdid Bal a Versailles in my youth and I now gag at the scent of it. So as marvelous as this started out, the drydown does not sit well with me. For those of you that did NOT overdo Bal a Versailles, you will love the finish as well as the start.
Edit: I've been wearing this now for a couple of days, and the Bal a Versailles note has not reared its head since. Instead I get a beautiful vanilla/buttery leather drydown that I am loving. I am totally buying a bottle of this.
FWIW, I don't detect any of the notes in the Fragrantica description.

beddy

Une merveille, ce parfum me rappelle Daim Blond de Serge Lutens avec une meilleure tenue et un cuir plus sophistiqué et plus chic, un peu fumé ... je l'adore. Je sens au départ un peu d'encens aussi, même si il n'est pas décrit dans les notes mais je ne sent pas le patchouli et tant mieux. Un beau chypre qui laisse du sillage avec une tenue de 8 heures sur ma peau. La bouteille est sobre et très chic. Je viens de l'acheter et il n'est pas près de me quitter.
Si vous aimez les parfums cuir-daim, alors c'est pour vous ;)

querelle
querelle

I got a sample from Harrods yesterday and honestly, I'm completely lost in it's majesty. And it's all about patchouli but top quality patchouli especially the Indian one, which has a mystical aura. And it works with such a grace with the demanding, heavy weight creaminess of the sampac flower.And oakmoss gives it the right amount of naughtiness. And of course, it doesn't denies it's masculine side, which makes it witty and that is all about.
I'm still smelling it and the only thing that pops in my mind is, beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

**My heartfelt thanks to ElenaLondon, for the generous samples she sent to me (and my mother) of this simply stunning scent!**

My feelings toward Bottega Veneta (not so much her, but her exorbitant prices) aside, this perfume is something that really (and I mean really) impressed me. The extract is rather expensive, but happily the Eau de Parfum is more reasonably priced and combines rather simple notes, of obviously high quality materials, to create something luxurious and utterly elegant.

On the initial spray, I could not help but sigh deeply on the exhale, as it already had me under its spell. The opening is spicy and clear, with a piquant pink pepper and a brilliant, but not all that bitter, bergamot. Underlying these notes, there lurks a thick and beautiful floral aroma that continues to expand, growing creamier and fuller as it dries. Jasmine is the only floral note listed; however, I can detect a hint of soft rose and, perhaps, a hint of some peonies as well. Sambac jasmine is the strongest scented jasmine there is, and here it swirls around the wearer like a magical mist creating an aura of velvety sweetness and an almost teasing sexuality. As it settles a bit, the flowers become somewhat drier and warmer; like a hot wind has scorched and dried the blossoms, but left their heavenly aromas untouched. The final drydown, in typical chypre fashion, combines a wonderfully soft mossiness with a thick exotic patchouli. Earthy, but definitely NOT "dirty", Bottega Veneta goes from a bright and sassy girl to a feminine vision before she emerges as a confident, warm and down-to-earth lady. This scent is, despite all my preconceptions and biases, truly gorgeous. And, other than the rather thick jasmine/floral heartnotes, I see no reason why a man could not wear this scent. Though it is not exactly "oriental", it does become (and remain) something warm, sexy and rather mysterious.

Sillage: good
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4.25/5

On seeing this House had released a scent, my first knee-jerk reaction was: "OH NO, say it isn't so!"...now, as it is gracing my skin, surrounding me and my nose keeps returning to my wrist...I can only say: "Yes, OH YES!!". I still think their clothing (and accessories) are extremely overpriced, for what they are; but I can tell you one thing: Bottega now has my respect, as far as the perfumes go. If the EDP is this nice, I can only os-magine what the Extract is like...

*drools*

Bottega Veneta by Bottega Veneta 4.19 out of 5 based on 1223 ratings and 243 user reviews

Bottega Veneta Body Powder
Bottega Veneta Eau de Parfum
Bottega Veneta Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz
Bottega Veneta Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz
Gift Set 3oz
Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 90ml 3oz After Shave Balm 100ml 3.4oz 2pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bottega Veneta by Bottega Veneta. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bottega Veneta by Bottega Veneta represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.