Designers » B » Chypre Floral « Groups

Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique Bottega Veneta for women

Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique Bottega Veneta for women
dislike

Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique Bottega Veneta for women Pictures Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique Bottega Veneta for women Pictures Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique Bottega Veneta for women Pictures Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique Bottega Veneta for women Pictures Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique Bottega Veneta for women Pictures

The latest fragrance Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique can be announced as a unisex edition aimed at fans of traditional eaux de cologne. This composition contains top quality essences building this extremely fresh and floral fragrance with animalistic shades. Freshness in top notes is provided by bergamot and coriander, succeeded by white rose carefully warmed by tonka and vanilla. The base is deepened by warm and elegant shades of patchouli and sandalwood.

Flacon of the new fragrances takes shape after its antecedents, it is made of frozen glass with pale green liquid. The fragrance is available as 50, 90 and 200ml Eau de Cologne along with perfumed body care products - 200ml bath and 200ml body lotion. Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique was launched in 2014.

Bergamot Coriander

White Rose Tonka Bean Vanilla

Sandalwood Patchouli

Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique Fragrance Reviews

Littleengine
Littleengine

Everyone seems to smell something different in this one. I smell different things each time. But on a blotter I get a lot of fig. And it's nowhere in the notes. To me, its like Un Jardin en Mediterranee but just clumsier some how. I'm giving up on it.

matty64
matty64

This is my favorite in the collection because of its pleasant aroma and simplicity. The dry down is a great skin scent that lasts a long time, almost 24 hrs. for me. I'm really enjoying this one.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Very nice and light citrusy,I pick up a distinct pepper note

lastcenturymodern

This doesn't get much love anywhere and I know there's a single scathing review of it on basenotes. I wrote a lame review last year which explains little to nothing and I'm giving it another go because I think it's special and here's why: It's a citrus cologne that's creamy without relying (heavily) on vanilla or white florals.

I own another perfume under guise of a "citrus cologne", Guerlain Cologne du 68, and that one fools you into thinking it's a refreshing herbal mediterranean thing until the vanilla creeps up on you and starts choking you by the neck. Essence Aromatique is linear by comparison; the thick, waxy texture is present from the beginning. I don't know how they managed to do it but it smells in equal parts like scented surf wax and a legitimate perfume. It conjures images of the beach without being too literal and let me assure you the marketing has nothing to do with it because I wasn't even aware of the beach ad until later.
So some people are calling this light, others are calling it heavy, and it makes sense to me because it's both. Only the heaviness they speak of, that creamy thickness, is something I actually associate with the beach. I wouldn't choose to wear this in the winter. Meanwhile, the lightness and airiness associated with colognes is never lost due to the tonka, sandalwood and vanilla being kept perfectly in check. Coriander is certainly prominent but not overwhelming; it provides an interesting twist to the fresh bergamot.
I have a hard time describing Essence Aromatique because it's simply so pleasant to my nose. It's easy and breezy while retaining an elegance that so few beach scents have.
A wonderful creation by Michel Almairac that's definitely worth a try should you have the chance.

Martaynd

March 2016: LOVE this stuff. Luv it! Luv it!

Nadia1401
Nadia1401

A lot of people rate this fragrance as light and refreshing for spring/summer wear, but to me this is rich and cozy for winter and early spring. The coriander is strongest, and it is spicy and warm. The bergamot balances it out so it's not too warm, but to me it gives it a breezy aspect, not so much citrus. Something about the rest of it smells powdery to me, but not in the typical way. This is not feminine, nor is it masculine, which I assume is why they named it "essence aromatique"; it's an aromatic, not a typical skin perfume. The vanilla/Tonka peak through after a while, but they're so subtle that it makes me question if it's my own perfume or something else.

ramskates
ramskates

Sometimes I just want a fresh green almost masculine scent and this is it. It's not too strong or citrus and it reminds me of the O de Lancome that I used to have. To me it is in the same scent family as Vitabath Green bubble bath but not as pine. This one is for the days when I need a little reset from the warm spice or floral scents I usually love.

Astar
Astar

What is it even??? Could somebody explain this perfume (okay okay, eau de cologne) to me, because I am trying hard to find a point of its existence, and I literally can't.

Violette333
Violette333

Reminds me of a more gender neutral Coco Noir. Fresh and spicy with slight sweetness that stops it from going into masculine territory.

walking44
walking44

Smells like a leather purse.

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

No so unisex ... in my wrist it smells citrical- vainilla, more femenine ... but in my neck it is smoked-dried but so fresh, tonic and may be spicy ... more masculine . . .

Reese1861
Reese1861

Very fresh and light. Great for warmer months. Has become one of my favorites :)

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

I have to start with giving kudos to Bottega Veneta for putting an original spin on the "fresh" cologne category. Essence is fresh in a non floral non citrus way. Very unique, this is straight up coriander, vanilla and beeswax to me. Its light but the vanilla and sandalwood keeps it from being ordinary. It's a lot like freshly cleaned linen out of a warm dryer and put into a plastic hamper. Its light, slightly creamy and slightly plasticy. It has a well crafted air about it and it certainly doesn't smell cheap at all. The dry down is nice and soft and that's when the Tonka bean kicks in, but the coriander note never really goes away. I get the Shalimar references, they have a similar feel. Refined and different is how I describe it. Does not smell like a guys cologne, so I would not say this is unisex. Im not a huge coriander fan, so i would have to add that this is not a good gift or blind buy. For a light fresh scent, this one has it's own character and unique personality and it's distinctive. The longevity is pretty good too. Thumbs maybe sideways on this one.

lastcenturymodern

Essence aromatique is a spicy citrus-vanilla perfume reminiscent of a scented candle or surfwax. The vanilla here isn't the rich gourmand kind but light and watery, almost like coconut, and helps to create that aformentioned waxy texture suited for summer. This is a great example where the prominent coriander gives the perfume a charming edge and helps to create an overall sophisticated feeling lacking in so many lighthearted summer scents. While I agree that the lasting power is disappointing, it's nothing that a generous application can't solve. EA is a solid option for those looking for something other than tiare or coconut for their beachy fix.

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

I agree this is similar to Shalimar, the EDC. I really love this scent. It's musky but fresh. I really love it. For an EDC it is strong, and projects well but stays close to skin. It's one I'm reaching for a lot in the warmer weather!

donnAPic
donnAPic

it's absolutely similar to one of shalimars ..I don't remember which one but I'm very surprised that nobody has said it yet here. It's veery similar to this tipical scent of Shalimars. I don't like it brrrr

DaneGR
DaneGR

A blind buy. I had high hopes and gave it every opportunity. Wanted to love it. It is utterly boring. Skip it.

idexa
idexa

"Aromatique" brings to mind lightness and effervescence, belying the fact that this stuff packs a serious punch. Buttressed by a leathery heft reminiscent of the eponymous BV, it's classed as an EDC but performs like EDP even on my bone-dry, scent-sucking skin. Pensive brunet sibling of cheery blond Eau d'Ikar -- yeah, they're both boys.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I got a sample with my nordstrom order and oh wow this smells good it is a lil masculinebut I like this alot and when I can get it cheaper I will buy it.

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

Strong and long lasting! But has a weird smell that I did not like!
It is coriander.... No no for me..... Interesting though....

persefoni
persefoni

something bitter, something sour, something mossy, something foul ....
Don't get me wrong! This is a very interesting unisex eau, with nothing sweet, whatsoever! It reminds me a bit of the sexy -though slightly skanky- smell of Eau D'Hermes. And it lasts at least 8 hours almost unchanged, it just settles quietly as time flies...
Impressively unusual cologne.. Really interesting, reminiscent of eaus in the 70s!

almarie

I was given 2 samples of this at my store (Lord & Taylor) even though our particular location doesn't sell Bottega scents for women, but I am really pleased with this scent! It does have sort of a masculine vibe to it at first spray, but I catch more of a citrusy, aromatic feel to it once it's dried down. I like it and hopefully I will buy it eventually:)

lat
lat

I must say I'm stunned at the lack of reviews for this fragrance, especially good ones!
This is a unique scent, that takes a little bit of getting used to.

It is deeply aromatic and resonates with your skin beautifully. The scent is extremely soft on me with distinct sandalwood and tonka, not harsh at all! coriander keeps it vibrant and fresh, but never dry and unpleasant.

Essence Aromatique is very long lasting and leaves a beautiful, freshly soft tail behind the wearer.

Very nice at the beginning! The first Bottega Veneta I like! Coriander is totally pleasant in this scent. Sandalwood is also lovely. However, this is a skin scent, I mean it smells when you nearly touch skin with your nose. Too soft stillage to be fully satisfied.

ynde
ynde

According to the Bottega Veneta website, this is a feminine only fragrance, not unisex, though I would definitely consider it unisex. It has a typical eau de cologne opening - strong, fresh, masculine due to the coriander. After about half an hour though, it's warm vanillic sandalwood, which I adore. Best for autumn and winter due to the strength of the sandalwood.

KJS88
KJS88

At first this smells quite unique; while it smells nothing like Davidoff's Zino, it has the same fizzy, effervescent, aromatic snap that it opens with--which comes as no surprise, as both present an opening featuring bergamot, rose, and coriander.

However, that is where the uniqueness and value in this fragrance ends. It quickly descends into something that vaguely resembles Versace's Baby Blue Jeans, in that fragrance's original incarnation, pre-reformulation and discontinuation.

I kind of resent buying this; despite it being an Eau de Cologne, and not an especially amazing one, it is priced in the same ballpark as the other Bottega Veneta perfumes.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I was at Sophoria today and I tied out Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique. I have to agree with Jessica2000, it's definitely a unisex fragrance...it really is a nice aromatic aroma after it settles. If I had to buy at first sniff I wouldn't of so let me tell why!!
When I first sprayed on my skin, it seemed too strong. The best way to describe the aroma is WEIRD AND BITTER!!!!!!..
After a good hour this fragrance takes on a real attractive floral powdery scent with a sweet aroma of VANILLA...STUNNING.
By the time I arrived hm my partner asked what I was wearing, she found it very pleasing without it being too citrus or woodsy.
The two main notes of corridors/tonka gives it a light sweet scent. The base notes of sandalwood and patucchli bring it together creating an AMAZING FRAG!!
Longevity and Silage is excellent lasting longer than 6hrs on my skin.
Overall opinion,
YOU'LL BE AMAZED...JUST LET THE FRAGRANCE SETTLE.
I never would of tried it from the start because I found Bottega Veneta pour homme too mediciney. This juice is TOTALLY DIFFERENT..much more attractive.
One last comment, the only note that I'm not able to detect is bergamot. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who can't smell it.
Rating this fragrance is definitely unique and worthy of a 8/10. My reason for a lesser score is due to the strong bitter opening aroma but aside from that I highly recommend it. Be patient and wait..you'll see what I mean.

mse-21
mse-21

This is a gentle aromatic scent that is extremely pleasant! It is very well blended and gives the impression of being a very high quality product.

It reminds me of the feminine BV and is more on the feminine side. Good longevity and projection.

krlamev
krlamev

Fresh aromatic...
Sharp at the beginning... you can feel the green and maybe it's me but a strong Patchouli, as it dries down you feel the vanilla and flowers but still the patchoulí keeps walking around... It's very powdery

If you smell it from the bottle deff it's masculine but then you sense the femininity... Strong Cologne...

I would not... NOT wear it on hot weather, at least for me it might be too heavy.

It's balsamic aromatic... A grown up scent.

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

This is definitely my cup of tea. Fresh, herbal but not to cool unisex scent. It opens up with the minty freshness of Herba Fresca, then it starts to remind me of Bvlgari au the vert and it's tea-like natural smell. In the drydown it gets more warm and sunny, more like Aqua Allegoria Pampelune. Interesting and well balanced fragrance for unisex lovers. Well done Bottega Veneta.

Jessica2000
Jessica2000

This is definitely a unisex scent. I sprayed it on at Nordstrom's today and had the lady at the perfume counter give m a tester. Tried it again when i got home. It's very clean but not citrus or sharp. The longevity is brief. When i sprayed it initially i thought that a bottle of mens perfume had accidentally found it's way to the women's fragrances counter, but after it dries down it develops into a sweet, powdery feminine skin close scent. Pleasant, gentle, and and inoffensive. I like it but it's an eau du toilette and i'd rather not spend that much if the scent isn't going to last for more than half an hour. Classy, but not enough longevity for my tastes!

Caist
Caist

The Creed lady and I sprayed this and really couldn't depict anything feminine about it, except for the white rose.. and coriander isn't going to do much but give it a unisex texture. I don't see a reason as to why they went this direction, the longevity is going to be short for most too.

Eh.

Martaynd

First time I'm wearing sample. I was generous with spritzes because it seemed so light to me. Well, I've been stopped TWICE today, once by man, shopping for his wife and again by a young female. Both said they smell it and that it smells pretty and fresh. I'm shocked, because I really don't smell it much. I think spraying it on clothes is helping its longevity. Apparently my perfume trail is good. Sillage - I'm guessing is within
arm's distance. Because of the compliments, I'm seriously reconsidering the purchase.

When I can smell it, it smells fresh, clean, green, pretty, floral.

UPDATE: Bought a large bottle and love it. No regrets. Wrote a new review in Dec. 2014.

bashe
bashe

the opening was pretty nice, a bit weird but interesting and non-cliche. but after few hours this frag turned into old-lady-like smell. very unpleasant to my nose. heavy and nauseous. just my opinion.

ginger68
ginger68

Someone said the "nose" of this fragrance is M. Almairac. Very aromatic and weird, but when it settles you can smell something soft and feminine. Is's a cologne, but very far from classical ones. Modern, unisex, elegant. I think that it tells its story on skyn. So try it on you, and not only on paper. IMHO this is a really beautiful scent.

joan100
joan100

I sprayed a few times expecting a full on olfactory experince with the aromatic and balsamic notes but after 3 hours the smell isnt there any more. Maybe it is the lack of notes or maybe they are going with the recent trend of releasing scents that disappear completely after 2 hours.

prettyswag

@genny17...aww..bummer! ..If it had that touch of femme combined it would be worthy for women...They should have added mandarin orange and geranium ..to make it more female wearable...lol welp>> LOL

This is definitely masculine to my nose, green, fresh/spicy something I can picture a man liking..as for me, a big no...I like feminine scents,a bit unisex in a fresh way is ok, but this is is totally not pretty, or smooth. It is indeed aromatic..for a unisex scent it borders lots on the masculine scent..so for a man, yes it is nice..for my taste, not at all!!
I will add this isn't in the vibe of Iris Prada at all..it isn't powdery at all in my views,mostly fresh/spicy.

AssMaster3000
AssMaster3000

I had so much hope for this fragrance, it sounds so divine on paper, but when that spray card was handed to me...

Essance Aromatique was horrible! The corriander notes assult the nose, and the rose/patchouli notes don't mix with the corriander at all. The 'clean' smell is almost antiseptic and can only be considered femenine because of the soft powdery notes.

I didn't believe Bottega Veneta could create something like this, so I sprayed it on my arm hoping it'd improve on the skin. Nope.

To the fragrance's benefit, it did last a very long time on my skin and the dry down after five hours was plesant.

If any readers want to replicate this frag, simply puff some baby powder on yourself and rub a corriander plant all over the body. I mean the whole plant. Rub it till you're covered in a sticky corriander juice and raw from the friction. There's your Bottega Veneta Essance Aromatique.

prettyswag

i hope this is not a prada iris powder tone...cant wait to hear more reviews to see if its worthy..im hoping!

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Available now on NeimanMarcus.com!:D

FaithFreemont
FaithFreemont

A lady handing out fragrance samples at Neiman Marcus handed this to me as I was swiftly moving through the cosmetic department, I took a smell of the strip of paper and it stopped me dead in my tracks. I circled back and asked to be sprayed. I sat in my car smelling my arm........powdery, feminine, clean, different. I had to have it......it's absolutely beautiful!

almarie

Can't wait to try this! The notes sound interesting.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.