Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

Boucheron Boucheron for women

Boucheron Boucheron for women
dislike

I have it: 641 I had it: 311 I want it: 300 My signature: 24

Boucheron Boucheron for women Pictures Boucheron Boucheron for women Pictures Boucheron Boucheron for women Pictures Boucheron Boucheron for women Pictures Boucheron Boucheron for women Pictures Boucheron Boucheron for women Pictures Boucheron Boucheron for women Pictures Boucheron Boucheron for women Pictures Boucheron Boucheron for women Pictures Boucheron Boucheron for women Pictures Boucheron Boucheron for women Pictures

Boucheron for women is a symbol of splendour, tradition and elegance, a classic floral oriental fragrance. Boucheron’s designers created this elegant perfume in 1988 and it was inspired by the art of Parisian goldsmiths from Place Vendome. The fragrance in perfume concentration has a shape of a ring, edt and edp also have a symbolic shape of a ring. The basic notes are sweet floral-fruity ones with a spicy note of basil and bitterness of pelargonium, which slowly receives intensity with ylang-ylang, tuberose, daffodil, orange blossom from Morocco and jasmine. The base, which is as thin, opulent and elegant as the whole composition, encompasses: civet, benzoin, woody notes, Tonka bean, Indian vanilla, oakmoss, ambergris and musk. The perfume was created by Francis Deleamont and Jean-Pierre Bethouart in 1989. A collection of 4 perfumes by Boucheron, called "Parfums de Joaillier"-“Waters by Jeweler”, was introduced in 2007. The design of bottles was inspired by this house’s jewelry creations and they seem like a metamorphosis of a jewel into bottles. There are initials P and J (Parfums de Joaillier) on the bottles and are written in gold and silver colour. All perfumes in this collection, except for the pink Miss Boucheron-Parfums de Joallier, have the colour of the gem amethyst. This special limited edition is available as 100ml edp spray and carries the same notes as the original version.

You can read more about it in the article Special Jeweler’s Edition of the house Boucheron.

Apricot Tagetes Tangerine Asafoetida Cassia Basil Orange Bergamot Bitter Orange Lemon

Jasmine Tuberose Madagascar Ylang-Ylang Orris Root Lydia Broom Lily-of-the-Valley Cedar Orange Blossom Geranium Narcissus

Sandalwood Indian Vanilla Amber Musk Benzoin Civet Oakmoss Tonka Bean

Innamorata
Desirade
Boucheron Limited Edition 25th Anniversary

Boucheron Fragrance Reviews

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Boucheron was a decant giveaway, which I’m thrilled to try. It is not as “big” as I had expected, not heady and larger-than-life. It started with a light citrus scent that reminded me of the opening of Chantilly. From there, I experienced the vanilla-floral note that seems common in perfumes from the 90’s -- think Wings and Gloria Vanderbilt, but not as strong.

It progressed to a light powderiness that, I think, has a hint of civet and is still faintly citrus and floral. Civet has always puzzled me, as I can never smell anything shocking in perfumes that appall some people; but there is a mustiness here, something animalic that goes beyond floral indoles. To me, it’s not strong or offensive; it’s just giving depth and character. There is also a lightly indolic quality here, too, that “flowers left in water too long” smell; again, not overly strong but not a fresh candy tuberose, either. I think the powder is coming in part from the amber.

This is a perfume that does not stay fresh and light; so if you are looking for a clean floral, look elsewhere. If you are looking for something that develops with time, has a heartiness and depth, projects a 90’s persona—this is worth trying. It lasted about 5 hours, developing interestingly along the way. Sillage was low-modest.

llburris
llburris

Here's yet another one that goes on lightly for me but begins to get bolder as it sits on my skin. Lovely fragrance.

auroramaria

I have just finished a bottle of this gem, I wear it at night even when it's hot.
I bought a bottle a few months ago and although it's not as good as it used to be it's still very enjoyable.
So many notes in Boucheron so very well blended.
On me I smell a burst of sweet citrus at the start then jasmine lily of the valley and on dry down lots of sweetness from vanilla amber tonka and benzoin
It's a sweet sophisticated sensual scent very feminine too.
I feel pampered when I wear it.

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

I just picked this up the other day because I miraculously saw a bottle of it at Marshall's and thought it must be fate. It had been on my test list for a while, and at first, I thought I was making something of a blind buy. I went out to the car and immediately opened the box and sprayed some on myself. At first, I was floored by the power of such a tiny little spray, and as I was driving home, I kept wondering to myself if I had just made a big mistake by buying a perfume that would never fit in anywhere by virtue of its sheer hugeness. I was getting a pretty strong citrus/basil/licorice smell, and I kept thinking, isn't this fragrance supposed to be floral? What is going on? About an hour later, though, I realized that it was starting to smell quite familiar... It was exactly the smell of my very fashion-savvy aunt. The longer I wore it, the more this scent took on a warm, lush, golden amber/sandalwood aroma, like heat in smell-form. I am just amazed by the drydown on this guy. It's opulent and complex, but it's hard to put a finger on what the notes are. Is that vanilla? Amber? Sandalwood? Benzoin? Perhaps that is what some mean when they say that it smells synthetic; smelling the drydown is kind of like stumbling on a beautiful alien artifact whose materials are impossible to determine because they come from another planet. Personally, I am amazed by the evolution of this unearthly beauty, and even though it has a decided eighties flavor and the potential to be overwhelming if smelled too directly, I think it is plenty modern, and I plan to wear it on many more occasions. Just... With a gentle finger on the trigger. :)

antihero
antihero

I am afraid I am in the minority here, I do not care this fragrance.

Two reasons:

1. Its overhelming civet scent

2. It seems to be made from completely synthetic material, and it smells it.

I appreciate your allowing me to voice my opinion to those that like or love this.

I had heard Boucheron is a wonderful fragrance, it just did not work for me.

nyalta77
nyalta77

MEMOIRS-The first time I smelled Boucheron was between the pages of a magazine, yes that's right, the 1990's when they still had scent strips. I think the mag was at the doctors waiting room and I was already addicted to scratch and sniff culture as a child in the time of scented erasers and pen ink, this was much better though because you could run your wrist along the strip and smell like the perfume without having to spend a cent. I experienced Benetton Colours that way too, at the time I thought that to be one of the best scents I had tried. I will probably get it for nostalgias sake. I remember that the reason I knew this particular magazine was scented was that I could smell the perfume from across the surgery, and that didn't often happen. I was immediately drawn to the rapturous fragrance, exotic, penetrating and enticing. An unforgettable fragrance that captured my senses the same way Poison had when I first encountered it's intoxicating aroma. I am a slave to that kind of 80's decadence. Fast forward to 2013, I finally had my own Boucheron, only in official sample form but that was enough for me, 20+ years on, and obviously re-formulated, however the sentiment remains.That is the only way we can embrace these changes is with fond memories that never vanish with time, I will forever remember the way I felt and the effects that the perfume had on me, I will cherish Boucheron always.

Monsieur Aramis
Monsieur Aramis

FULL SCORER! 5 from 5 - 100P - opulent floral - The manner how a bunch of floral can be concentrated to a lush, opulent complex, is unique in Boucheron. I do not see it oriental, it is french noblesse, traces of wood and leather perfectly integrated into a bowl of harmony. Though being loud, it seems to be destined for noble persons. The scent of beautiful summer eves in South-West France along with some wind, Berlioz, Champaign and Best French cuisine.

Eynat
Eynat

I imagined that this perfume would be my new favorite just by looking at the notes. However, I was highly disappointed when I first sampled it. My nose was hit hard with lemon, basil, asafetida, and cassia. The smell reminded me of a stale old-fashioned perfume. Now, I am a lover of the old timers as is evident in my profile, but this perfume just wasn’t for me. The dry down was missing all the base notes, and that ended my adventure with this perfume.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Very sweet, with strong vanilla notes, even in the opening. While the fragrance structure seemed very nice and classic, the strength of the overall was too much and headache inducing for me.

alchimia72

I remebered my mother receiveing this wonderful gem from my father as a gift when I was a child, closed in that beautiful flacon that resembled a blue and golden jewel, rich, somptuos, warm,luxurious fragrance. My mother was crazy about it. I smelled this marvellous perfume from the bottle in my mother's wardrobe and I dreamed to be a princess. Now my parents are both dead and in a nostalgic research to collect all the fragrances my mother weared I bought one Boucheron for me. This is the reformulated version.Maybe something is changed in the original formula and the bottle is uglier, but I skipped in the past remembering my mother spraying this beautiful fragrance near to me. The magic happened and I'm happy to have my Boucheron.

Rosamelia
Rosamelia

It's not memorable enough for my taste, not bad either. Just a good perfume.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

EDT review - This is definitely an elegant fragrance. Just to set the stage, forget all the fruity gourmand perfumes this is all business in a classy regal way. Not feeling this would suit 20ish crowd. I would say more 35+. Spray with a gentle hand. Mine is a new formula and I am quite pleased as to my nose I get nothing synthetic or chemical smelling. This could be a day or evening scent. Very lovely with a hint of spice hiding in the back ground. Really a pleasant blind buy.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

I wanted to try this perfume and was thinking of a blind buy. Thanks to the lovely Fragrantica member Denoula who sent me a sample I got the chance to try it out. A beautiful, elegant perfume which had the compliments flying all day. I will now buy a full bottle of the EDT ready for the spring and summer.

Catty
Catty

I tested it today and it´s definetly a Beauty!!! but is that really an oriental floral? it seems to me a green floral, touching the boundary to be citric.

This has a "french allure"; a Special fume.

I think it´s appropriate for day and night.

I will buy this beauty in the Future for sure. Its a very serious candidate to replace Cristalle, which I Love, but I am a Little Bit tired of.

verdigris
verdigris

I find Boucheron and Van Cleef,two of my favorite fragrances, to be related through the presence of sharp, slightly edgy marigold, tangy citrus, warm woods and sweet florals. They are both opulent but with Boucheron I detect less wood, more florals and echoes of L'Origan's opening stages. This is absolutely lovely if your chemistry works with it and you underspray; if even the smallest spritz seems too much the lotion might be just right. Better for evenings or special occasions rather than office wear as this one has PRESENCE and great longevity (8+ hours for me). When you wear this think of yourself as a Southern Belle in a gigantic hoop skirt that gets a little smaller in diameter every hour and remember that you will need space to maneuver until the hoop disappears; forget about getting on an elevator or an airplane until the end of the day as the sillage is at least 3ft. for several hours after the initial blast. No kidding, apply sparingly or stick to the lotion; this beauty is powerful and think of the hoop in your skirt as fragrant rebar...you really can knock people down with just a bump.

Hills by the Sea
Hills by the Sea

Review of EDT version: Love at first sniff. Its beautiful. A gorgeous classy fragrance, elegant and ladylike. Its really hard for me to describe the notes and I put off reviewing for a while because its difficult for me to delineate the individual notes. Its slighly soapy, a little floral and it reminded me just a bit of Dolce and Gabbana (red cap). As befits an EDT, it is not very heavy but I love it so much that respraying is a pleasure. I also got a back up.

I have a 2.5 oz EDT refill spray in a tall cylindrical bottle in a blue box. This is the version I am reviewing. Today I also tested the round bottle EDT (it is perhaps the latest EDT version) and found it to be the same as my refill spray bottle. The reason I am specifying this is because the EDP version seems a little different based on the EDP reviews by other reviewers. For instance, I don't get any civet in my EDT while some of the reviews above reference the pronounced presence of civet.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

I saw the notes and was a little concerned with it being a 80s perfume. But it isnt. I find it a floral with amber and civet. There is some citrus going on too. i think its a pretty safe perfume. I would say its generic but I think the civet livens it up a bit. the fragrance reminds me of an outgoing woman. confident and glamerous. i think this could be worn as a daily fragrance as there isnt anything too different about it.

galaxy86
galaxy86

Elegance in bottle. Yes, it can come across as older lady but that is when you are well settled and mature, right? You can wear this at younger age to project as a confident woman who knows what she wants. Definitely a must-have. EDP is super concentrated and will stay on your clothes for two days or more.

adrianabuley
adrianabuley

i love it!!!!it stay with you all day, if you dont like to pass without been notice..wear it, it is magical, elegant and delicious....

WhoScentsU-lee
WhoScentsU-lee

I would take Boucheron over Chanel No.5 as my ritzy fragrance any day! Smells very rich and regal...

Museumgal
Museumgal

First impression, wow there's a lot of civet. I'm afraid that might turn a lot of people off to the scent, it is really noticeable in the first moments. When it dies down the white florals come in, and later warm amber and vanilla. Very cozy, great for winter, but I'd only recommend it if you can tolerate civet. Much like in Obsession and Tabu it will make or break the scent for you.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

Heavy and complex... On me I smell temple incense. Smoky and spicy. Not sweet at all on me. It's very serious and not for a daily wear. Certainly a perfume for a crazed night out with a person you love. Smells like it could be a bar at night too. Not my type of scent. Too heavy

Sienadog
Sienadog

In the 1990s, designer fragrances were everywhere, and many of them smelled good. Before I had a sense of responsibility, I collected many of them - Beautiful, Coco, Cristalle, Samsara, and Paris, and two oldies but goodies - Estee and Shalimar - to name a few. The one I wore the most was Boucheron. At the time, it had a pleasant and sexy smell simultaneously, and I wore it all the time.

Regrettably, after I settled down and I got married, everything changed, and so did the reformulation of Boucheron. It got stronger, more expensive, and I couldn't wear it anymore. My mother, after I introduced her to the fragrance back in the early 1990s, still wears it to this day.

These days, I have to say that in my lifetime, I have bought at least 50 fragrances, and five of them are still my favorites. They are Jontue, Sea Island Cotton, Country Chic, Dancing Waters, and Fleur Cherie. All of them smell light and they show the taste I have as I have matured.

milkyway
milkyway

To be fair, I didn't expect THIS scent to come out of THAT bottle. I really quite dislike the bottle to be honest, it reminds me of Paloma Picaso a little... Slightly outdated..But back to the juice..

The juice is multi dimensional just like you'd expect from a good statement 80s perfume. And, just like you would expect, the first notes are rather strong..reminding you of the perfume your mom used to wear when you were little...However, the dry down is delicious, even though too sweet for me because of tuberose and jasmin overload..I wish there was a little bit of carnation to make it just slightly bitter..

I love it's balmy quality but couldn't personally wear it for being too sweet..Maybe to an opera or a ball somewhere..maybe..

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

I think it’s safe to say that I love Boucheron. Why-it’s a separate topic. It’ s my ultimate Nag Champa and much-much more.
I am a little bit concerned: I have recently smelled both Boucheron EDP and EDT newly packaged and Boucheron EDT in old packaging side-to-side. There is a very significant difference in delivery of the fragrance and I think even in the notes between the old and new packaging.
Old packaging EDT is doing much more: the performance of an orchestra piece where the constellation of violins weave their garland of a melody above other instruments with equally beautiful parts (incense included).
With the new packaged EDP or EdT it seems that everything is pressed inside of the base and the desorbtion of the molecules from the base is hindered.
Everything(it's much less than in old packaging) is drowned in the base, some familiar incense comes up, some familiar things are still in the base, but absolutely no top to talk about. Similar to the dust on the road after the first rain drops touched it. It's still smells richer or somewhat close to the drydown of Tom Ford's fragrances such as Black Violet or Volet Blonde or Santal Blush, but not nearly as opulent as old packaged Boucheron EDT.
When we talk about fragrance radiating, as I understand, we owe this radiating qualities to synthetic molecules, that provide the desirable pattern of delivery of the fragrance.
I am wondering if I should be happy that newly packaged Boucheron does not radiate(may be it is civet removed too) and also not as long lasting and lacking the top?
Difficult to imagine Boucheron without a top. Is this the sacrifice to lure those on another side of unisex? They think it's enough?That's why I quickly purchased the largest old packaged bottle not to be sorry later.
Needless to say, I love Boucheron.

biki
biki

This is not about the perfume. The topic about the most amazing revewers here being deleted, i still feel i have right to state my opinion. Reopening it would be useless i guess so just want to say here- thumbs up,Sherapope, if perfumes could be represented as a picture your words would most certainly be used as pricy,best-quality ink for those purposes.

Jerine123
Jerine123

Not my favorite.....I think it might be the civet that is turning me off.....gives me a headache, ugh and it stays on forever. I have the big bottle 3 oz plus size and I would consider trading for something since this was spendy and will NEVER be worn by me. Just not my thing and I tried it a couple times. Guess sometimes it is a hit or miss....I love some of Boucherons other fragrances and have a few, but this one sadly doesn't do it for me.

nakedcity
nakedcity

I recently acquired a sealed 1.6 EDT bottle, which I had no idea what it smelled like. Upon testing in on clean skin, hot dry weather just to give this review context, I was assaulted by Ysatis' frumpy spinster of a sister. I swear, you strip Ysatis of the huge amount of oakmoss and the screechy top, and voila! Boucheron is what you get. Since I already have and like Ysatis better than this and returning it was not an option, I did what any perfumista worth her bottles would do: I layered it. Now this perfume has very volatile top and middle notes, so you end up mainly with incense and sandalwood in a short span, and guess what? This is my layering genie, I swear you can cut the BS from any celebuscent... Got Purr By Katy Perry for your bday? No problem, just spray the genie under it and off you go. Love it.

vaiduakhu

Boucheron EDP new packing.
It's the original fragrance stripped off the citrusy, herbal spicy veil. Still very well-blended but less complicated.

Ascarlett
Ascarlett

Boucheron is a very light, soft scent. A little powdery, but also somewhat fresh. With th initial spray, all I smell is the green, which I am not fond of. Like wet flower stems. But that goes away and the drydown is quite nice. Everything is well blended and it smells very soft and flowery, but not too floral. It is just the right mix, so well blended that it is hard to pick out the seperate scents.

It is a nice inoffensive scent. I can see it for someone's everyday scent, or for an office environment.

I can imagine a very classy, elegant lady wearing this with pearls.

It is nice. But... Just nice. I truly do like it, I just don't love it.

It is well put together and does smell elegant and classy, but it is forgettable to me. For me, wearing perfume is a treat. I am happy when I can smell a scent that I love throughout the day. With Boucheron, it smells really nice, but just doesn't strike any great feeling with me. However, I generally lean towards more spicy perfumes, so that could be why.

However, I will try it a couple more times and see what I think.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

I still have the bottle when it was first launched in the 80's. It was my first grown-up perfume buy. Come to think of it…I was drawn to the heavy hitting perfumes at the time - Estee Lauder Knowing and Beautiful, Chanel Coco, Poison… The original's oakmoss announced "elegant lady coming around the corner". If you can handle that then you are rewarded with tuberose, ylang-ylang and jasmine balanced with sweet vanilla. To balance the florals, the scent seems roughened with amber (did I just make up a word?). The current formulation is still beautiful but more approachable without the oakmoss. I think it is more wearable and more lovable. Delicious! What surprises me is that this has asoefetida -- what??? That ranks so bad on me when I tried Ivoire de Balmain but not on this one (not a bit). Nevertheless, Boucheron can't compete with the newer perfumes that the young saleslady was insisting on. If you tend towards Arpege, Chanel Eau Premiere, Aromatics Elixir, try this one too.

I just discovered that, besides downtown Vancouver, this is available at The Bay Guildford (ladies, please leave me a bottle). They had a set with 100ml edp, 100ml shower gel and lotion for $175.

One spray on me
Sillage: two feet (go easy or spray under clothing)
Longevity: more than five hours

Pooja37
Pooja37

I just have one complaint with Boucheron... I wish I had found it earlier! Don't know how this has not been a part of my collection till now. I stayed clear of this line of perfumes as I have a rather critical aunt who wears 'Jaipur' as a signature and simply by association, I've avoided this and categorized it with 'mean old lady perfumes'. My stupidity entirely. The human mind is a strange thing!

Good news is, the human mind is also a fickle thing! Lol. Love at first sniff followed by a dry-down to die for. I absolutely adore it now. It is as beautiful on me, as dior addict, if not better! With addict, I literally have to wait for an hour to sniff the magical dry-down that Boucheron gives me in minutes.

After using Chanel 5 for years, I had thought that Hermes 24 Faubourg was it... but funnily enough, both make me smell good but 'different good' from who I really am - they are beautiful too but are not really 'me', not my essence, if you get my drift (wierd as it may sound.)

I am overjoyed at having found my true signature perfume, one that not only makes me feel very beautiful but magnifies who I really am (in a nice, non-megalomaniac sort of way ;) and just happens to be perfect for all seasons too!

Hopelessly in love. I echo the lament of a previous reviewer... 'Oh, where have you been all my life?'

madgefan
madgefan

The first thing I smelled was pine. Maybe I was picking up the oakmoss and cedar. I didn't smell any white florals, orange, amber or vanilla. I think I was smelling the right Boucheron, the one for women sold at Macy's. What's interesting is that while I love white florals, I didn't smell it at all in this perfume and I absolutely loved the clean and sophisticated pine scent. It's the kind of pine I like but can't find in men's fragrances because the pine is too masculine for my tastes. Boucheron's pine scent is sublime.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

The most "Breathtaking" scent in the world to me!!! The reformulation has done well with this beauty. Its just a powder and cream that is indescribable. IM MADDLY IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN!!! My new "Signature" scent. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

I have the vintage EdT formulation. It is somewhere between Obsession (but not as floral or as ambery) and vintage Balahe, but not nearly as strong as those two. If you are a guy and would like a tuberose scent that isn't too "feminine," this is one to try. At first there is almost a minty quality and it's a bit sweet, but within the hour or thereabouts it becomes very nicely balanced. It's got a little bit of an animalic quality and the oakmoss is detectable but the woodiness is blended in so that it's not clear. Over time it gets somewhat powdery but it's of a dry and light nature, which keeps the sense of a pleasant blend intact. The projection ("sillage") seems to come in wafts, which is fine with me, but may lead some to think it's weak. Longevity is very good.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I'm inclined to agree with jtd's review on this one. I'll preface my thoughts by saying however that I do think Boucheron EDP (the latest formulation, sans oakmoss) smells somewhat good, and makes me think of classic barbershop fougères like Canoe and Brut, especially as I read the ingredient list on the back (citrus, lavender, and coumarin are in there), but the mellow vanillic amber has a decidedly feminine, peachy white-floral air.

The citric peach note on top is really what reads first, followed by a soft melange of heady floral notes, none of which smell the least bit natural. There's a spirited freshness to the bouquet, and a surprising lack of indoles, but stylistically-speaking Boucheron doesn't feel very contemporary. There's something unexciting and stodgy about it, despite all the synthetic flourishes. I recall young Staci Keanan when she played "Lisa" asking to wear Cheryl Ladd's perfume, and the older actress attempting to sound motherly with a curt, "go easy on it this time." Apply one too many sprays of Boucheron and you'll smell like an obnoxious fourteen year-old from an eighties movie. Sexy? No, and no thanks.

Beth1218
Beth1218

My all time favorite fragrance and my primary,
signature.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

Boucheron EdP is a classical beauty from the 80s that always makes me think of the most expensive lush velveteen cream with a citric vibe.

Amber, orange, jasmine and vanilla are the first notes that charm my nose and make me feel elegant, irresistible and cozy. It's a comforting scent yet makes you feel very feminine and beautiful without that it feels like the perfume is wearing you. Boucheron has this rare quality that blends with your chemistry to enhance your natural beauty, rather than overwhelm you with a force-field of scent.

It's a true modern-classic that is very well blended and will enchant most women and seduce many men. A must sniff/own for every Perfumista for those moments that you want to wear something that embraces you in a feeling of classy, soft beauty. A Crimson velvet cape of sexy and warm "Hmmm".

Silage is: "An aura of warm, elegant & inviting beauty." -- Longevity is: Amazing with on me 6+ hours in which it warms up and gets more amber-like. Simply YUM!

fragrancelover
fragrancelover

My all-time favorite perfume. Its a classic and when I am dressed for an evening out, this is what I wear. I always receive compliments when I wear it.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

A big slap of decadent 1980's. I can't believe I actually liked this when it was launched; I liked Poison, too. Now they just smell like shoulderpads & too much makeup. Maybe to cover up this teenage girl's cigarette & beer smells...
Some ladies here described it perfect. To mee, now it smells like industrial bathroom cleaner. Chemical, amber, sickly sweet white flowers, sweet over sweet over yuck. Go EASY if you try it.

I.I

I have tried various Boucheron 'editions'. My most favorite is the 'older' formula of EDT.
I don't see a big difference compared to the EDP though, the only difference that I detect is that EDP is somewhat heavier in oakmoss and civet on me.
I ADORE this perfume anyway.
As much as i've tried, never did I find any perfume that really resambles Boucheron. It's unique and it's VERY well blended, it's difficult to pick up specific notes of it and to relate it to certain smells. It really has a unique personality.
Also, newest editions are more linear and not very 'velvety' but they are still very nice, they are somewhat heavy in oakmoss and they have, IMHO, less flowers in their compo.

Namida
Namida

This was the first floriental I fell in love with, when I was a child, and I still find it as magical, distinctive, intense, deep and full of contrasts as I remember. I think it was one of the perfumes that got me into perfumes. And if you love Boucheron, no surprise that you have hard time finding an equally beautiful fragrance in today's market.

Especially the EDP is a kaleidoscopic orchestration of white flowers, resins and incense that you feel since the first sniff and immediatly can recognize "the classic" spirit of its composition, trascending the era of bold fragrances in which it happened to see the light. It's not a skin perfume at all, it moves with a circular motion drawing a fragrant coil in the air, just like incense. The whole composition un-linear and tantalizing like the dance of a gipsy, I can imagine Esmeralda from Notre Dame de Paris smelling like this.

While the EDP is gothic (flamboyant!) and dramatic like a performance based on the Hugo's novel, the EDT is still full of beauty, with the main theme carried on, a different setting, though. No more a gothic chatedral with multicolored, big windows and whiffs of incense in the air, but an equally decorated baroque cloister in the sunny south, with its orange grove in the courtyard.

Here the composition has a more linear developement, the citruses and orange blossom shine in the opening (which is, by the way, very similar to Fendi's Palazzo), then become smoky and warm thanks to the resins, with a sweet embrace of vanilla, cosy and elegant at the same time. I don't particularly like this opening because orange blossom are a tricky note for me, here dangerously on the edge of recalling some fancy household products (damned scented products!) but it's a Cinderella scent, she starts cleaning the floor, then the magic happens, and she's dressed up for the night! Brocade and ornaments of gold...to warm my soul from the growing cold...

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I am very curious about this one... I never tried it yet, I am not even sure if I can find it in stores here in Holland. I definitely will NOT make a blind purchase on this one, because the civet really worries me. For me it can really ruin a perfume...

UPDATE: tested this... and am so glad I did not blind purchase this! Civet... the spoiler :(

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

oh! where have you been all my life?? what a complex Eau de toilette!! I get Boudoir, then I was reminded of Dior Addict, Bob Mackie, and what else to come? this is a chameleon fragrance with so many personalities. I smell carnation but there are none. Must be the amber and white floral combo... I get a nice orris root undertone on my skin that really keeps this from smelling too polite and chic. A warm, spicy, natural and earthy tuberose scent. As I said before, truly chameleon, it could suit many different women (men?). I can detect the civet but it is well behaved and discreet.

paulie86
paulie86

I love this fragrance it's fast become one of my top favorite perfumes. I originally wanted to try this because, I read online a while back that Boucheron was Selena Quintanilla's favorite perfume and i've been a huge fan of hers since I was kid so I decided to pick it up. The only other Boucheron perfume i've tried was Jaipur pour femme and that one is extremely beautiful and elegant as well.

Boucheron pour femme opens with citrus as well as heavy green and herbal notes it starts out strong then dries down to a beautiful soft powdery white and yellow floral bouquet. Boucheron has a sweet undertone from the rich basenotes but never becomes sickly. To my nose it smells like a cross between White Diamonds and 24 Faubourg but with a more lipstick rose/violet scent. It's a million times better than White Diamonds and just as breath taking as 24 Faubourg. Not only is the fragrance gorgeous the bottle is too with the clear glass and Boucheron etched gold built in sprayer with the amethyst on top is beautiful.

I have the edt concentration and it lasts a few hours before it becomes a skin skin I then like to reapply to experience the beauty all over again lol Definitely check out perfume shops for this fragrance because I got mine for only 45 dollars for the 3.4 oz bottle which is awesome because it retails for triple the price at department stores.

Boucheron is the perfect year around fragrance it's strong enough for the winter but will be just as beautiful in the warmer months. I think everyone should try this beautiful classic it definitely smells like it's from the late 80's and early 90's but if you love perfumes from that time you'll love Boucheron.

Edit: I just picked up a sealed vintage version of Boucheron in the blue and black floral print box today for $60 for the 1.7 oz edt, and its extremely beautiful. It smells pretty much the same as the one in the round bottle except the florals are a little more creamy and not as powdery and it has more of a vanilla scent. The civet is also more pronounced and it gives the perfume a bit of skank but in a classy way lol. It also came with a sample of the body emulsion inside the box and I can't wait to use it to layer with the perfume.

Overall Boucheron is a perfume that's lovely as it is in whatever version you have, because the differences from old to new are pretty much minimal except the most current version at the Boucheron counter didn't smell as rich and had a chemical undertone as well as fleeting lasting power, but other than that noone's really missing out or has to lament the past version I will definitely wear this fragrance until i'm dead lol.

cmoca
cmoca

I don't like citrus - unless it's from Boucheron. They are the only ones so far that do it right.
Having said that, this perfume is so gentle and yet so rich, it is so beautiful that it gets me all emotional. I don't want to spray it. I want to keep it, save it only for myself. No one needs to smell it. This is my little secret. My precious. I want to nurture it and make sure all its needs are being met.
I don't know anybody worthy of having me wear this perfume in their presence.. It's very fragile. I want it to feel comfortable.

RGR
RGR

This is such a mysterious beauty !
It opens the door in a stare-worthy white dress made of jasmine, tuberose, lily of the valley and of course the fruity citrus blast. The opening just screams classic 80's at first and I am about to look away and find something else to think about.

But then you look expectantly and find some golden, balmy glow about her... maybe she is an angel. Then she moves closer to the skin releasing some hazy smoke signals. Its as if she is transforming her lady magnetism to some rich, mysterious enigma I cannot quite comprehend.

I am enamored by the dry down. It is warm, amber and spices incense and it hypnotizes me so easily. I am left sniffing my wrists over and over again. So exquisite.

This is a rich, luxurious, velvety tuberose and sandalwood scent. So classy and distinguished.It has to be one special night for me to wear Boucheron.... it deserves nothing less than that.

suhaesa
suhaesa

i love the old formulation prior to 1999 so much more..its an elegant 80 s perfume.. full of everything.. so complex ..yet so modern.. so interwoven.. yet the end result is simple and fresh.. sensual in a discrete manner.. true.. beautiful.. confident.. characteristic ..unique... strong..proud...dried down beautifully..the dry down is even more beautiful than the initial top notes or opening....it has a masculine side to it ..a harsher note of woods.. sandalwood base not over whelmingly sweet or sickeningly.. musks beautiful light white silvery musks that brighten up the whole composition....powdery in its own way..
its a perfumers perfume a unique blend that doesn't scream anything overpowering with all those notes its a master piece ..a perfume collector s choice every perfumista should sample as part of perfume history or all time classics ..

perfume rating 4.5 out 5
bottle rating 3.8 out 5
day or night ware
all seasons
long lasting
can be a signature scent

gretavivante
gretavivante

this is a nice perfume for a mature woman

Zenobia274
Zenobia274

Mmmmm, La creme de la creme is the natural stamping ground of this haughty and exquisite perfume. When first sprayed, the scent of jasmine emerges, backed by rich ylang ylang. Then subtle notes of orange blossom, tuberose and narcissus, followed by base notes of amber and tonka bean that give it substance and depth.

Experts will tell you it's an 'occasion' perfume, however I felt like wearing it today (to work) and yet again, whilst travelling on the bus I was asked (twice) what are you wearing - you smell divine.

I love many fragrances and have (not many) but a few, however Boucheron is my Signature fragrance and has been since 1989 and always in my top 3 - next to Narciso Rodriguez (black bottle) and Opium.

Do yourself a favour and if you can purchase the classic bottle which looks like a sapphire ring of Boucheron EDP, then immerse yourself in the divine splendour that is Boucheron...you will be hooked. Enjoy.

stacey.donovan
stacey.donovan

I love Boucheron. It starts out with a bam! of lemon and basil that wakes me up, turns into a complex floral, and dries down into something very sophisticated, like being in an art museum after dark. It's the kind of thing you would wear with a more dressed-up or dramatic outfit; it would be a little ridiculous with a tee shirt and jeans. It's definitely a cold-weather fragrance, and it's bold enough to make me feel like I can take on my New Year's resolutions, or even the whole world, if I so choose.

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

I believe I may have made a bad review about this perfume a while ago when I got a new sample at a store. It just smelled like all the other Chanel No. 5, Youth Dew Estee Lauder stuff I didn't like. Old lady smell I call it... Well, after reading that the scent had changed a happened to find a small sample from the 90s on ebay from an estate. The minute I put it on I thought AH! Now that's not that bad! Then it just began to take me down memory lane with the memory of many women wearing this in the 90s. It definitely smells different on whoever wears it though! It smells great when you get a 'waft' as someone walks by. It definitely gets your attention. A very dignified smell. I usually don't like white florals either. I like it! You have to wear it though, or it will wear you.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I think you need to be a fan of typical 80's perfumes to appreciate this one. That said, in terms of 80's scents, it is one of my more favoured because it is not as 'screechy' as some of your other 80's numbers such as red door and Ungaro diva (eeek). They dry-down is welcoming: a smooth tonkabean, oakmoss and sandalwood mix that takes on a powdery approach. Unfortunately, I detect a rather syntetic note that remains in the dry-down. One thing you cannot fault it on though is it's superb sillage and staying power. I take my hat off to that. One light spray filled my vicinity. I was rather alarmed when I read it contained civet (another common 80's perfume ingredient), it is the one note that gives me panic attacks from the overwhelming nauseus feeling it is likely to induce. However, luckily, the civet appears to be either minimal or softly blended thankfully. There is a slightly screechy middle bit which I could possibly point the finger at tuberose and jasmine for. It reminds me in essence of another 80's hard-hitter Rochas Byzance, but I prefer Byzance. Please perfumers - let's put the civet days behind us - please!

alchimia72

Auroramaria, I was intentioned to contact you to know your opinion about Boucheron. My mother weared it a long time ago, so I remember only a luxurious smell about it. My love for old fashioned fragrances is still alive and Boucheron was on my wish list, but after your review I think it's better only to remember the past Boucheron.

auroramaria

just the other day I had the chance to renew my romance with Boucheron only to find that I was out of love with it the second I took a sniff.
This is not "my Boucheron" this is just a pale shadow of what it used to be.
The version I tried is obviously the reformulated EDP which is not offensive in any way, but can't be compared with the glorious, sensual richness of the original.This scent smells the same from top to base, there's no depth and smells very common.
Besides the bottle is a chunky piece of plastic that makes me sad just to look at.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

Viscous, plasticine, busier than a Byzantine mosaic and as finely wrought, but the buxom lavishness comes on like a bordello madame. And what is she selling? Boucheron has an amber agenda, a slick citrus schtick, oxymoronic or not vanillic dominatrix, bridesmaid fighting violently over maximalist white and orange bouquet gold digger slash murderess aspirations, and on and on. Thrilling on the right opera diva. For those less given to dancing in fountains in strapless gowns, original formula Rochas Byzance is a dreamlike, more nuanced take on post-opiated excess that I much prefer to Boucheron.

miranda 1969
miranda 1969

The best female perfume there is,in my opinion. i loooove it, Only recently i found out that the new editon with the blue top on the bottle has a different smell..i'm confused..something in the ingredients has changed, (now i order the old edition with the silver/gold top on it.)

Are there more people who have the same experience?

f4rances
f4rances

It's a fragrance that can wear you ...like you've borrowed an oversize mink coat! You have to be in a confident headspace to wear it. Very beautiful, very big, very lush with a bitter edge. I'm commenting on my own bottle which is pre reformulation.

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

I've always loved this scent on a woman. It's the scent of a true lady.

malia

I've been lucky again to meet Bill Wyman backstage. He has greeted me with a kiss, saying:"Mmmmmm, i love your perfume!"
I was wearing my beloved Boucheron ;-)
The Queen of all perfumes to me.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

This was my beautiful mother's signature scent in the 90's. I bought a bottle because I miss her terribly (we live 3000 miles away) and I knew I would feel connected to her thru this beautiful perfume.

What happened? I know there was a reformulation but this is just tragic!!! If you were fortunate enough to have the pleasure of smelling this before they changed it, prepare yourself for disappointment!! If you never smelled the old juice and are lucky enough to find a vintage bottle grab it and savor the precious liquid.

They should not have even kept the name and should call this something else altogether!! What a shame!!!

Jvs3005
Jvs3005

Wearing this for seven hours now and I smell very soft vanilla and ylang ylang. On me it turns gourmand with time and Lalique le parfum kinda.

Matt Oldham

Tried the newest version of this and it is a just a ghost of what it was. Washed out. The old is one of the best loud scents ever, I think. I'm not familiar with lots and lots of them but, comparing to the obvious ones. The ylang is wonderful, very very banana-y but still not cloying.

firstinthedance
firstinthedance

I loved this on my boss - but it just isn't "me". :)

diddyscafe
diddyscafe

I have the hard to find 3oz EDP. It actually looks like something Estee Lauder would make, due to it's navy and gold packaging. At the very first spritz, I was so disappointed because to me it lacks distinctive top notes, it smells very common and too "alcoholic". Patience, patience... I gave it some time to develop and not bad at all... I like the dry down better. I can detect honey, amber and incense scents in the dry down that remind me of Red Door. And since I love Red Door, then alright, I'm keeping this as a (more expensive and elegant) spare.

Matt Oldham

Was curious about this for a long time, so I jumped when I found older stock, since the reformulated doesn't sound worth bothering with. Wow. So very Alexis on Dynasty. Perfect for saying things like: this bread is stale: I'll ruin you! It's wonderful, better than I expected. Fantastic especially for ylang addicts. I don't wear it, except at home because of the Joan Collins angle. Extremely strong but not in the headache kind of way: sweet--strong like the farmer's market way, when apricots or strawberries knock you down with a mind-boggling wave of just-picked smell. Surprising. It wasn't at all what I expected for a scent known for being loud and "huge".

KSBelle
KSBelle

There are a few fragrances I remember my mother wearing when I was growing up. Opium, Poison, and Boucheron, were some of these perfumes. Boucheron is beautiful for its fragrance, as well as for it's sentimental value in my life. This truly is a classic. After smelling so many perfumes it's easy for some to fall in the nondescript catagory. While still others, which seem lateral or childish, hold more intrigue- simply because they are different than other perfumes. This is neither. It's familiar, mature, and stands out. Its a husky floral with soft powder, and a touch of honey. Initially there's a somewhat sneaky little "poof" of musky incense that sweeps across your wrist (and across the room). The main-stay of the perfume is a lovely symphony of dewy flowers with honey dusted leaves. This is not the honey musk and make-up smell of Red Door by Elizabeth Arden. Boucheron has consistency throughout, even though it has different sections of the orchestra and choir playing, and singing, at once. It works together and smells complete. The dry down, is just simply a "pretty" perfume dry down. A classic, non aloof, all present, to the point- ladies perfume.

Vierka
Vierka

Despite this is typical cathegory of winter/night scent, even more surprisingly I am in mood to wear it now in the beginning of very hot summer. Wearing this perfume now in this warm summer evening makes me feel really good and it smells great!

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

I used to own this in EDP. Boucheron EDP is a much more, what I would call an old-fashioned classic.

Surely, Boucheron would never cause offense to anyone because it's a fragrance you could wear to church or to the office.

I don't like it and I don't hate it. It's a classic fragrance that just lacks that something special for me.

mendosita
mendosita

My review is for edt version. I have small sample and I am thinking of buying the full size bottle.
The scent is very strong, feminine and mature. It's very rich mix of flowers but I cannot distinguish any particular note.
It is heavy and intoxicating, it might give you a headache if apply too much. It's very classical and a bit old fashioned.

dlane1953
dlane1953

I eagerly purchased a small EDP sampler bottle to give this classic a try. Two hours in, and I'm more than a little overwhelmed by the fragrance. Powerfully strong, great sillage, it's clear that a light touch in application is necessary. The opening was very fruity, the heart notes potent white florals, with tuberrose predominant. Too sweet and too strong in this stage for my taste. The drydown is my favorite part of the development; very resinous and woody with just a touch of civit to make it sexy.
Complex and multi-dimensional, Boucheron deserves its status as a classic. That said, I don't think it works for me. The sweetness of this oriental is too much for my chypre-loving nose.

Matusha
Matusha

This is truely fit for a queen! Boucheron would be the royal perfumer if France still had a royal family. I suppose everyone wearing this now is the queen of their world.

One wiff and you are invited to your own coronation. One spray is your crown. Heavy, rich florals envelope you like never before. It is classy beyond belief. Forget class, your are the empress herself.

I have my original bottle that looks like a big ring. Reviewers below say it has changed. That is a shame...

akats

Edp, stays much longer on skin than edt. In addition, it is more rounded and opulent. I finally grabed it in a very reasonable price. Although it is a Winter fragrance, you may use it during Spring also, provided you spray no more than twice. Excellent choice if you need a strong, warm, sensual but a romantic and inoffensive smell as well.

akats

Just gorgeous! It starts with fruits (apricot,tangerine and orange) are all present at the beginning. It ends with fruits again and vanilla and the other oriental raw materials. It's middle which is long, it is very floral, actually you smell a lot of tuberose, jasmine and lily. Normally, I'm not fond of white florals especially for tuberose. Yet,in this composition, I changed my mind as it is subtle and not overpowering, blended with the other fruits and vanilla that uplift it and make it spicy and exotic. When all florals calm, after many hours, the warm and sweet fruits become more clear again and this is a marvelous moment. I could smell them even the other day. This fragrance changes hour after hour and this is very interesting and challeging.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

Boucheron it´s an oriental floral, it starts with an fruity smell, followed by a voluptous bouquet of white flowers, I find it better for women 30+, maybe because in my skin it´s a mature scent,I like it, but it´s the kind of fragrance that doesn´t suit me well, at least not YET!! I still find it very Classy and nice, after 1hour it looks like Eden by Cacharel..

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Amazing rich and complex perfume. I couldn't get its single notes even in my dreams!!
It changes a lot on my skin, not only from hour to hour, but from day to day as well. I know, you'll say - this is normal for any perfume - but still, this one changes a lot. I believe Boucheron is extremly temperature and humidity sensitive. It smells the best when cold outside and not a lot of humidity... still needs a body temperature to develop ...and when develops, you'll get rich, warm and sweet scent embracing different citruses and citrus blossoms .... with woofs of bitterness. Really deep and special scent! Not to heavy, not kind of outstanding monster, but still strong and extremly long lasting beauty.

Ah, I feel miserable sometimes, when I can' t find the right words..... It's hard even in my mother tongue (which BTW is Slovene) ...... not to mention the difficulties in English.
All in all, this is an elegant, classy perfume. But like I said, extremly temperature sensitive , so it can work out heavy and just too much sometimes. Choosing the right time, you'll get the best from it. Good luck!

catdeluxe84
catdeluxe84

Classy, cozy, deep, empowering, suitable for evenings and cold season. I personally imagine it containing a touch of cardamom...what a dream would be!

Wittychic

Boucheron, purchased this in the early 90's blind. I still have a full bottle. Tried it again this morning. One spritz of the EDT. I remember it being very strong. I barely let any of the fragrance hit my arm.
For me it is too strong, too much, I had to get out of the room. Darn,some of it is still on my skin. I washed my arm. A bit got on the sleeve of my jammies. This fragrance on the on-set is way way too much for me. I don't appreciate it, it overwhelms me.
It is still on the sleeve of my jammies. Now it is becoming softer. Very powdery and something else. Too powdery. Coughing, eyes are watering.
EEECK.....top of the jammies has to go. I just want it to go far, far away....another galaxy would be good.
I can't put my finger on the note or notes of this fragrance that repulses me so. I am unable to get that far.
I am adding this one to my list of never buy again. Hell, never smell again fragrances.
I gave Boucheron Saphir away. Boucheron purfumes, thus far, just do not work for me.
Boucheron does get a strong reaction, I am feel quite sure the people out there who love her.....really and passionately love her.

Migalex
Migalex

I liked the orginal very much but not the current reformulation. It smells to me extremely synthetical and artifical, one of the most artificial and synthetical scents I can think of. I do not think that is a bad or a good think, it depends on the viewpoint and on the results achieved. But the current version of this scent smells to me very monolythic, as if it could me made up of a single synthetical molecule. I do not sense layers, contrasts, a particular nice texture, etc, and the scent does not evolve much. To me the most preeminent note here is a sort of orange blossom, seconded by vanilla and benzoine, although all quite artificial. It is quite strong and lasting power and sillage are very good. I think it has been reformulated at least twice. The previous reformulation smelled much more of benzoine to me, while in this one that quite artifical orange blossom note is very preemeinent. It is quite heavy, but that is a thing I like in a scent. It is the same type of perfume as Arpége and Coco.

Wittychic

This is a wonderful fragrance in the bottle. I pick it up and take a deep breath. Marvelous.
After a three years I still have a full bottle. It does not work with my chemistry. On me it ends up sickly sweet. Next time I go through my perfumes this one shall be passed on.

malia

This beautiful perfume has been for years in my top 5 and it will stay there forever! I have worn it again a couple of days ago after a few month ''break''. I was in heaven again. Amazing... It's unbelievable how magical Boucheron smells. I just couldn't get enough of it! It stayed a whole day on my skin and a few more days on my scarf. Mmmmmmmmm ;-)

Having a lot of perfumes in my collection the best ones kind of sort themselfs out just by being a real piece of art. They don't need to prove themselfs any more. They are just THERE with their eternal beauty and high quality. And Boucheron EDP is one of them. Thank God it was created. Halleluja! ;-)

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

Really like it so far. It is nice and floral. While the top notes (all the citrussy stuff) are kind of strong, the florals are so very mild (or is that my skin?). I dont get any of powdery from it at all, and usually that is the first thing that irritates me and makes me shy away from a perfume.
I think its a keeper.

I.I

For so many, MANY, years, I was trying to overlook the fact that my signature fragrance was 'here'.
Just like the love of your life that you can't detect it because it's so close to you that you don't suspect it's there for so many years!
I smelled it for the first time when I was about 12/13 y.old, it was a mini that my grandpa had brought to us from the dutyfree, as he arrived from Germany. I was captivated by its beauty. I remember myself holding this little beautiful 'ring' shaped cute bottle and smelling it over and over again till it finished.
I had the opportunity to smell it all the times I was on a dutyfree to my numerous trips from then till now but I never bought it (while I bought other perfumes). It was always so different, so captivating, so 'me' but I never took the time to notice it.
Now that I've bought a bottle, I can't stay away from it. Just like in my 12 years, I'm going to the drawer to take sniffs of it. It takes my mind today everytime I'm wearing it, I'm feeling like a white cashmiran esharpe, warm and luxurious, wrapps me up (IT wrapps me) and makes me sparkle like a fairy.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Sour and green classic opening, the drydown the same like Van Cleef Arpels Van Cleef, but much weaker.

mylancome
mylancome

Agree on Sassy1. Even organic cosmetics, there's no way 100% natural, unless you pick your flowers & fruits from your own garden free from fertilizer, blend it all and squeeze out the juice. But the mixture will get rotten within the day, cause without stabilizers.

If I think certain perfume is too synthetic to me, I just don't wear it. I have no rights to stop other people using it, they may have no problem with the ingredients.

Fyi, I'm from the 80s and I'm proud of the 80s fashion, makes me feel back home.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Dried exotic woods, flowers, sandalwood and vanilla, ground to soft powder. Velvety, slightly sweet.

BlueMoonRose
BlueMoonRose

Love this perfume ... I first tried it in the mid 1990's and fell in love with it right away. I never spend as much money on a scent as I did on this but I loved using it, it made me feel elegant and dressed up. Beautiful bottle too.

nannaje
nannaje

The top notes smell a little "too mature" on me. The drydown is to die for - amazingly warm and beautiful without too much spice. Really very comforting after an hour or two.

jtd
jtd

Using exclusively synthetic aromachemicals to make a perfume has benefits and risks. Tweaking abstract chemical components can allow for an interesting use of qualities to make a statement (eg. Lauder’s Dazzling Silver or CdG’s Synthetic Series.) The trap is in trying to recreate notes otherwise provided by botanicals. Simulation is risky against a known quantity. Boucheron attempts to make a floriental using flower-analogues and amber-analogues. These chemicals come off as both thin (no flesh to grab a hold of) and over-amped (no dimmer and the fluorescence is blinding.) If the goal of using synthetics is to produce a facsimile of known botanicals, missing the mark by a smidge doesn’t read as a near miss, it reads as horrifying. Boucheron smells just like mid-1980s make-up looked: un-nuanced two-dimensional drawing on a three-dimensional figure.

artsymom
artsymom

I really like this and it is not in my usual category of perfumes that I wear. It's deep, woody and smoky without being spicy. There are no harsh edges to this scent and it has a mysterious quality that stands out among all of the popular fragrances of today. I wouldn't call it a "safe" fragrance for this reason, but it certainly doesn't seem offensive.

I let my husband smell my wrist and he said, "mmm, incense- I like it!" He's right- for lack of a better description, this smells very similar to Nag Champa incense.

This gives me a warm and sexy "lounging if front of the fireplace in nothing but a blanket" vibe - I'd say it's perfect for autumn and winter.

krmarich
krmarich

In 1988, Boucheron was lauched with little fanfare. It was a dazzling, fiery, monumental showpiece that had to be experienced. There was not fashion line to accompany it. Boucheron was know as one of the finest jewelers in Paris. From this point on, they would be know as opulent perfumers for about the next 10 years. Boucheron is probably the last great perfumes of the 20th century.

Its composition is complex and ranges from formal to casual within the course of the day. The opening is as bold as they come. Its heart is comfortable and powdery. The base is a time for quiet contemplation. All of this unfolds in the course of a day of spendor and euphoria. Tuberose, jasmine and neroli are hypnotic. It was a splendid as a tropical sunset. Dont blink or you may miss it!

Then around 1999, something changed and two very obvious reformulations took place. The precious jewels were replaced by faux ingredients. A larger conglomerate had taken over the house and cheapend it!

The rare vintages have the "B" watermark on the bottles. They are getting expensive, but worth every cent!

7pi
7pi

An intoxicating oriental...a smokey, sweet rose. Stately...Refined...Yet, on a last "note" this glorious beauty is unpretentious as a welcoming cotton tee.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I got this gem today. I was 19 when this perfum came out en i could not afford it at that time, but i loved its warm,deep and rich scent. Over the years i got to know others scent and i forgot about this one.
As I was reading the revieuws about Boucheron i remembered how much i loved it. So finally it is in my collection and i treasure it. It is a perfum that you dont smell so much anymore. I got the perfum and 1 spray lasts all day.

Scarlette
Scarlette

Most gorgeous powdery floral. Is likely the very best smelling perfume of all time. Reminds of Cinderella.

Very posh. Has been one of my very favorites for a very long time. Always will be.

I don't reach for it as often as many of my others, yet I feel very strongly it is my very best.

It's just too special.

lara0905
lara0905

This perfume for me is a piece of India. Deep, rich, feminin.Absolutely perfect for belly dancing!:)

I was so excited to test this after reading the reviews. When I first sprayed this on, I was disappointed and wondered what the hype was about. I sprayed 3 other perfumes on other parts of my body so I could sample them all. About 1.5 hours later, I kept smelling something really fabulous. I figured it was a mix of all the perfumes radiating from my skin. But each time I caught a whiff, I began to wonder if it was one in particular. I was sure it wasn't the unimpressive Boucheron, so I sniffed all the other perfumes first. None of them were that great. I reluctantly smelled the hand with Boucheron on it, and BAM! It was most definitely Boucheron. It smelled AMAZING. It smelled soft, sweet, powdery, and super classy. I could definitely wear this daily. I need it! It shares a similarity with Chanel No. 5, a timeless classic.

I had to add that something in the opening notes kind of reminds me of pink bubblegum. Anyone with me on that??

Update: I figured out that I tested the EDT and wrote my review based on that. I recently tried the EDP, and I don't like it as much. It's not as powdery, and it has a note in it that seems kinda bitter to me.

twillocks
twillocks

Oh no, I put this on and my husband asked how can any one think that this smells good!! I have to agreed!

UPDATE: WELL I WAS WRONG AFTER ABOUT TEN MIN OR SO ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL - SOFT LIKE A POWDERY CLOUD LOVE IT.

etmpewo
etmpewo

This is the one for me. I have almost all possible bottles from this fragrance. Eau de toilette, eau de parfum, au legere. Special editions (also from Joallier). Now I still want the parfum. The eau de parfum lasts all day long and men and women seem to be drawn to it.

andrada2003
andrada2003

Oh yes!! That's my scent!
Blind buy as usual, it turned to be one of my all time favourites. Smell so lady-like, so classy, I almost fear to wear it, feeling I'm not well-dressed enough for it.
Just as strong as it has to, just as sweet as you need, just as bold to be noticed, but not overwhelming. On me it's more woody oriental, but never mind.I feel it like a sexy hug all day, it's long lasting despite it's only EDT, and hope to be on the market forever.
One of my colleagues which usually hates all my perfumes got addicted by Boucheron and order one for herself.And my point is... it's wonderful on her, too, even if the smell is kinda different.

Angel10

Do you guys think that your nose can "Go", just like your eyes and ears?

I am thinking maybe so, as when I read your reviews, it seems that I think this perfume, and most perfumes that you guys think are quite strong & spicy need more!!!

My ears are not the same either...my family is getting sick of repeating themselves (my husband mumbles though!) Anyways.....too many concerts in the front row!

I do believe this is happening to me. All other senses can go....I will need a "Smelling Aid" when they come up with them!

(BTW: my REAL review is below - Babblesworth)

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Spicy scent with a lot of presence. Classy, self-assured fragrance. I love this but sadly allergic.

EDT version.

For me, the first time I sprayed it is very different with the other times. Maybe it was because I over-sprayed the first time or my bottle had strong layer of alcohol on the top. However, this is not the type that drives me mad.

First spritz, it was like a mixture of mojito & margarita. I got the feeling of getting a slap in my face. Later, it developed into a soapy smell of detergent which I don't like very much. This stage lasted several hours on my skin. Finally it went into a sharp, pungent floral bouquet. I was quite disappointed with my first encounter with Boucheron. Also, it was the first time that I felt a fragrance was "old" although I feel totally comfortable with Guerlain Shalimar, Givenchy Organza or La Perla La Perla.

The later times I sprayed it, it became softer and more agreeable. It is quite nice but not my cup of tea maybe because it is too refined to me. It belongs to the group of the classic old lady floral fragrance such as Lancome Poeme, Givenchy Amariage, Estee Lauder Beautiful & YSL Paris to me.

olga1780
olga1780

A must-have classic! I don't want to be redundant praising this wonderful fragrance as there are so many reviews below. The only thing i have to say is the key with Boucheron is not to overdo it and turn a masterpiece into a noxious gas attack. I have an EDP, so for me 2-3 sprays are more than enough. And I try to put on at least 30 min before i leave the house, to let it settle on the skin and develop. I used to dislike it along with Shalimar, until I tested it on the skin and not from the bottle or on paper. Now both are staples in my collection.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Smells very "perfumy" to me. Even though it is a complex fragrance, everything blends together and it is hard for me to single out any notes. It just has this classic "perfume" smell. It is smooth and stays quite linear on me. I can't see myself wearing it but I do appreciate it.

Sissi
Sissi

They don't make them like these anymore the complex
and multilayerd floral was so in vogue in the 80's
back then Perfume was an artistry they had the time
to examine and experiment every note possible in a
Fragrance ranging from florals spices raisens
and deep animalistic notes now modern perfumery
is a mere shadow of the glorious 80's now choked
with watery fruity scent that has no charactor or
silage hastely produced for the masses leaving
art and more profit to the industry.

But Boucheron is much more then that it's a relic
to the past we need to make people aware that these
gems exists and don't think of them as a granny
perfume or it smells old and outdated look beyond
those boundries and see what have you been missing
before it gets discontinued.

What surprises me about Boucheron is the notes
complex yet well put together like well crafted
jewelery or a finely chissled sculpture Boucheron
is a work of art, It opens crisp with Bergamot
sharpness of Lemon aromantic cassis and closing
the openiing is zesty basil, in a few minutes dries fruity with apricots sweet but it does'nt overcloy tangerine with it's tangy nuances makes it's presence known there's a hint of spicy Gerainums noticible and add some spiciness to the perfume.

Tuberose opens the heart of the fragrance with a buttery sweetness delicate note of jasmine gives an herbal feel and smell Narcissus dominates the middle notes almost drowning the others into obillvion with it's deep and intoxicating scent Lily of the Vally is the elusive note of all i can't dectect, the drydown to the ending sweetish with amber patches of musk and traces of Civet for animalitic properties Benzoin note makes the perfume a bit milky and resianious; the finishing notes of sandalwood adds the dryness and vanilla with it's powdery sweetness.

Angel10

Boucheron is a must-have always-have fragrance, and will always be in my top ten! The ultimate really, isn't it? I have the EDP, but I really wish it was stronger. I would wear it more often if it was. I also think of it as especially "special", sacred almost, and so I don't use it as often as I should, even though I love it!

Nothing smells better, and I adore Bouchie, & feel like a Judas-traitor saying this, but it could be a touch more interesting....I might wear it more if it were slightly more interesting...but it IS perfect....I am in turmoil.

Picture a man who has THE most beautiful woman in the world, a true class act, kind, loving, perfect. Farts smell like rainbows. She would never embarrass, cause stress...but this man is just DYING for her to let loose & emit a huge belly laugh, make fun of herself, and be a tiger in bed.

That being said, Boucheron is truly PERFECTION.

bergamot
bergamot

Usually I would get many presents for Christmas and practical things like sweaters, jammies, etc. When I was a teenager my parents got this perfume for me for Christmas and nothing else. I think this is where my obsession began...

malia

If goddesses had to choose a perfume to wear, they would choose Boucheron. Absolutely divine!!!

FANTABOULUS!!! WOW!! O'BOY!! What a scent. So feminie, so sexy, so sensual, so fantastic. Soft, warm, longlasting, wonderful scent. I have tried a lot of perfumes and just a few realy gets my attention and this one realy have all of my attention. I bought the EDP-version, and when this bottle is empty I will absoulutely buy anotherone

Helt underbar, fantastisk och härlig doft! Mjuk, varm men tydlig. En doft som har fångat hela mitt intresse.. jag har EdP-versionen och när denna flaskan är slut - så kommer jag att köpa en ny..En klar favorit. Inga skarpa eller tunga noter men man får spreja försiktigt- den sitter i många timmar på huden, superdryg.

ReinaT
ReinaT

One of the most beautiful perfumes ever created. I have loved this perfume for decades. I remember when I first smelled it, I couldn't afford it and had to buy the mini! Years later I purchased the full perfume splash in the fabulous sapphire jewel ring bottle, which is so signature for the House of Bourcheron since they have designed jewelry since the turn of the century. This fragrance is very sophisticated and not every woman can carry it off, but it smells delicious on almost everyone! I have only received compliments on it, but I wear it for myself!

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

BOUCHERON is a glamorous, opulent and rich fragrance fit for a queen. I could imagine famous Egyptian queen Cleopatra wearing this stunning perfume. BOUCHERON is bold and strong but also very sophisticated and classy oriental scent. It is designed to stand out and it certainly gets the attention it deserves.

BOUCHERON seduces me right away with the opulent and rich opening. At first the scent brings a luxurious mixture of citrus oils with a touch of bergamot. But soon it is transformed into smoky, incense like cassia and earthy asafoetida. The heart is floral but never overpowering. The jasmine is gorgeous in the heart notes. It is sultry but at the same time fresh. The fragrance is well-balanced and has a beautiful flow from the top to the base notes. The base notes are amber with woody accord. There is tiny bit of civet-musk in the dry down but it is definitely not too strong or very noticeable.

I reserve BOUCHERON for special occasions to go with the long evening gowns and real jewelry. This is by no means an everyday perfume. This royal highness deserves respect and admiration. I highly recommend it for oriental perfume lovers.

jaa456
jaa456

This is my secret weapon perfume! It's elegant enough for any special occasion and classy enough to elevate any casual one. This is potent stuff, even the EDT. A little dap will do, use only wear you want to be nuzzled.

Cecille
Cecille

Ok, I didn't really "have" it. I spritzed it on at a department store counter, walked around a bit, liked the sniff, put on my gloves, and left. Went to see my BF and forgot my gloves at his place. When I picked them up the next day he said he'd slept with them because they smelled so good. He was right - the sillage was awesome and the scent dried down wonderfully soft and inviting.

Sassy1
Sassy1

This is a lush full floriental that is lovely from 1st sniff...no nasty chemical smell in the top like Bulgari pour Femme (sorry to say) and no powdered orange drink caustic cloud like Shalimar EDT.
Just a nicely done low volume citrus with a little licoric/anise tone, probably from the basil and the cassia.
It evolves into a plush floral, only slightly sweet, acceptably powdery and finishes with a to die for dry down that is well blended and simply divine!
I don't find it overpowering by any means so would work well for days when you just want to smell fantastic.

Love it!

Update: I'm the owner of a bottle of the EDP now and I've got to say, there is nothing overboard or strong about this lovely fume at all.

The 1st 10 minutes of any perfume is always loud...if it wasn't, it would disappear in seconds on your skin. Why would you want to wear a scent you can't smell??

Anorton1965
Anorton1965

I sniffed this one last night, wandered around Macy's with the test strip and ended up buying the EDP. (pretty costly) But, it was well worth the price.

I've been on a hunt for my signature scent and I believe I finally found it.

In reading the other reviews, I'm puzzled by "Potent" comments, or that it's a heavy scent not for the faint of heart.

I have to say I was intrigued by all the reviews, and I made a beeline straight for the counter where only 3 EDP boxes, and 6 EDT boxes remained. I spritzed on a test strip and was immediately in love. Mentally kicking myself for not having been prepared to spray some on myself (already wearing a scent) I wandered around the perfume department spritzing various perfumes on test strips, but always favoring Boucheron. Went back to the unmanned perfume counter and waited for what seemed like an eternity for someone to notice me, (I was NOT leaving without a bottle of this perfume!) Plopped down my credit card and bought the EDP without even flinching at the price tag.

I am enamored with anything glamourous, Audrey Hepburn, vintage clothing, etc. I should've been born in that era. And this perfume is magical. I can picture Audrey Hepburn, Vivian Leigh, Doris Day, Marilyn Monroe all wearing this scent.

The magic begins with the first spritz. It's creamy, soft, golden in nature. There's nothing that jumps up and punches you in the nose while waiting for the dry down. It isn't a scent that you have to spray 30 minutes before you go out so it's not punching everyone around you in the face. It's gentle, loving, ultra feminine and graceful.

It settles with loving grace on the skin, and leaves creamy wafts in the air as you move around.

It's a scent that smiles with ladylike graciousness, and beckons with southern belle flirtation.

It's nothing like the multitude of frags that have hit the market in the past few years that all smell remarkably the same.

This scent is classic and timeless, with a scent that is unique compared to what's on the shelves now.

It's suitable for any woman young or old who enjoys smelling unique, classic, graceful and ladylike. It's suitable for special occasions or everyday wear. I myself will be wearing this more often than not, I believe that every day is a special occasion worthy of the special treat of wearing my Boucheron.

If you haven't tried this one yet, this is definitely one that should be sampled.

IamWoman
IamWoman

Boucheron reminds me of a certain kind of woman. Maybe you've seen her before. She's tall, voluptuous, full-framed and well-curved. Her gown is midnight blue velvet...textured, thick, warm, and beautiful, and she fills it. Her jewelry is large and expensive. Her voice, though feminine, is full and commanding. She's no "little" woman, and could never be mistaken for a "girl" or, a "chick". This woman spells out "diva", and her every movement says that she's proud to be a woman! She's regal, stately, and definitely makes an entrance whenever she walks into a room. Boucheron is that woman: opulent, full, sophisticated, "textured", mature and regal. It is a successful blend of floral, spice, citrus, and woods, all blending together like a symphony. It definitely is a "big" fragrance; it stands tall and makes an entrance, yet later warms and softens like a velvet wrap. Boucheron is bold, proud, and a definite classic. It is as beautiful, "full", and feminine as its lovely bottle.

Passionflower
Passionflower

Indeed a classic and oriental smelling scent. There's too much wood to my taste though. I respect it, but it's not for me unfortunately. I think I'm more into fragrances that are less heavy and woody.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

If you like a really good classic perfume then this is for you. It's not the lastest celebrity fragrance but is one that will be comparable to perfumes like Shalimar and Chanel no 5 . Quality is not something that goes out of style. It's well blended, there isn't one note that sticks out like a sore thumb. It is typical of French perfume, very romantic and sensual smelling. It's not a little girl perfume, very grown woman smelling . It would smell elegant on your grandmother but it's not really old lady. It's more of a evening or dress up perfume, not for wearing to work. A small bottle would be enough to last you a long time because it's quite potent,
(at least on me it's strong and long lasting).
Try it out if you like a real perfume. Be sure to let it dry down good before you decide if you like it. It smells best after 20 minutes or so on your skin.

When Boucheron first came out , I sprayed myself with the tester and decided that it was great but too expensive for me at that time. Later on that day as the smell of Boucheron still bloomed on my skin, my father smelled it and asked what is that ? I quickly explained that it was Boucheron but I only used the tester and didn't buy it because it was expensive French perfume. My normally frugal father said that I should have bought it anyhow because it smelled really good. Boucheron will make you forget your budget.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Boucheron fragrance is the "Standard" of
what I call "FRENCH SMELLING"

The "FRENCH Smelling" term.
Funny that we can't really decipher what that is ...and describe it.
To me ... its a a unique powdery ..mix of ingredients...that gives the fragrance a distinctive Parisian smell.

I find that unique smell rewarding and it fills me with nostalgia
....for PARIS.

"BOUCHERON" bring me olfactory memories of the Antique Shops along the Quai Voltaire .

smellsheavenly
smellsheavenly

I received my bottle of Boucheron edt today, purchased very cheaply on-line. I am finding it a lovely soft scent, first the flowers, after they quickly burn off it reminds me of powder and lipstick - an old fashioned feel, but in a lovely soft way. It makes me feel very feminine - can imagine it will have a nice effect on my husband!

rockabette
rockabette

I love this fragrance, but for me it is something I only wear to an extravagant event. Basically I would only wear this on special occasions and for night wear.
I will never ever wear this fragrance during the day and especially not at work.

This oozes glamour and I highly recommend it as an evening fragrance for special occasions.

Gosha
Gosha

I wouldn't call it 80s classic, or any era classic for that matter, because I think that the main feature of this fragrance is timelessness...
And although it is elegant and sofisticated, it is definitelly not old fashioned. In fact the complex and refined composition (which does seem to be characteristic of "older" fragrances or of exclusive ones), is pretty lighhearted here in spite of the strong oriental feel.
This fragrance is rich and smooth and velvety, complex, yet easy and somehow pleasing. It is sensual and comforting at the same time. Quite delicious!
The drydown is somewhat sweetish and little too animalistic, but luckily it is not overly strong (maybe the civet?).

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I first discovered this perfume when i was a server at my mother's tea-room. Many elegant women came for afternoon tea's and most of them were women of wealth/ status. One day I kept smelling a whiff of this glorious scent every time I walked by a certain table. I finally had to ask the woman what she was wearing because it was the most intriguing smell ever! She was an older french woman who laughed and said (in her heavy french accent) ~ "my dear, it is Boucheron, but you can not wear this since you have zee blonde hair, you must have zee dark hair for a fragrance this dark"....i thought, whatever! and laughed and my husband finally bought it at a duty free store for me. It is wonderful but my problem was that everyone smelled it on me (in my circle of family and friends) and soon all of my sisters in law started wearing it too! This is a deep oriental floral with spices and nuances of orange flower that waft up and around you. When I wear or smell Boucheron, I feel like what I imagine an Arabian princess must feel like, or that I am from a long line of an obscenely wealthy Dubai Sheik's lineage. If you find this a bit too strong for your liking, may I suggest Joop for Her. It is similar but a bit quieter of a fragrance in my opinion.

nyoka
nyoka

This begins with sa blast of coolness smothness,and a sweet nuance that lasts.if u wait,u will b rewarded by a synphony of flowers spiked with gentle spices.The dry down,comes sliding in with wet,woody rich classy expensive flavor.One of the classic scents that never go out bof style.If this smells like a granny,make me a granny.

aromaminx
aromaminx

an 80s classic...........big flowers =big hair and big shoulder pads on power suits!

a woman in an executive career could make this work
the flowers are dominent and strong,but it seems to my nose to be a perfume which had been created in earlier times
srry..not for me

guest_RRCOOLMAMA2
guest_RRCOOLMAMA2

Sublime as my mother. You just feel familiar, comfortable and when the fragrance is distant you remember all the laughter and smiles. This is a classic Boucheron.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

Well I had it(EDP - was a blind buy), and couldn't understand all the good reviews - on me it smelled as if I tried on somebody else's shoes. Then I gave it to my mom, and magic happened - it smells rich and warm and sexy, in other words great!
Definitely try on before buying...

Migotka
Migotka

My first associations with Boucheron were Mitsouko and Shalimar from Guerlain. Although their composition is much older, Boucheron kind of fits in the same, classical trend. Rich with aromas that hint at the magnificent past, opulent, elegant, boroque.

A lot of fragrances from the 1980's do not really go well with my chemistry, I seem to stant Boucheron much better, but at the same time because of this rich mixture of rather heavy notes it is not easy for me to wear, specially now when dayr are getting warmer.

Boucheron is not so much Floral Oriental as Dusty-oriental with a hint of moss. The flowers here are represented in a very old fashioned way, kind of typical for the period when the fragrance was created. A nice find on a quest for a retro oriental scent.

dalmajen
dalmajen

I would have to say, this is really one of my very favorite fragrances. I have only had the edt, and have been very happy with it! get so many compliments, and wear it at work as well.As i have run out, and cannot buy it anywhere, as live in Croatia, i have ordered it online. Thru FragranceX. I was so desperate to own this perfume, i took the chance to order online. I also ordered cashmere mist Donna Karen, as this is another favorite. Now I am bitting my nails, as have never ordered perfume online before, and am so afraid it won't be the original!! So, if anyone has ordered from them before, and it all went well, please, please let me know!! I paid a lot for the premeuim shipping, so am keeping my fingers crossed!!I am praying it will be my original favorite.

this smells like a really sofisticade and expensive Giorgio by Giorgio Beverlly Hills... so good ans sofisticaded.. a floral explosion.. must have this, specially for winter season....

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

just got this through the post- a blind buy on reviews alone and - I love it!! This will be my summer scent from now on, a beautiful heady dose of tropical flowers. I find it creamy and smooth, not dusty or woody. I find Shalimar to be 'powdery' but this isn't, it has a buttery golden quality, it is filled with light and is not a 'dark' fragrance to me at all! I thought this one was going to be austere but no, it's friendly - though expensive smelling certainly!

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

I just knew I would love this one with all the lovely reviews. Gosh, was I wrong! I applied the EDP on pulsepoints & neck. I instantly started itching & the scent sickened me. To my nose, I smell extra thick syrup laden with dead flowers! Incredibly strong. I believe it might peel paint! It was horrid to me. Even worse was the rash I broke out into & mind you I don't believe I've ever had a rash from a perfume. There are times I'll get migraines from a handful of fragrances but this time it was both migraine & rash! I had to immediately jump in the shower and scrub myself. When I got out I still had the rash. I'm definitely not into this one. I'll stick with Boucheron's sexy one...Trouble thank you very much.

Boucheron's BOUCHERON is a dark, heavy, voluptuous oriental floral. The fragrance opens big and becomes much bigger as it develops. I initially detected ylang-ylang, tuberose, vanilla, and tonka bean, but after that I realized that there was way too much going on for me to be able to parse this one!

The citrus and basil top notes definitely give BOUCHERON a deceptively bright and shiny opening that slowly gives way to a deeply oriental perfume with amazing staying power in the edt. I believe that the asafetida and the civet contribute to the dark quality of this perfume, in addition to the significant chypre elements. I was sure that I detected either cloves or allspice in the drydown, but neither is listed in the notes.

BOUCHERON strikes me upon development as a very formal fragrance best suited for wintry weather and special occasions. Not to be worn haphazardly, BOUCHERON is a deliberate perfume of deliberation.

rithacha
rithacha

Thanks for the reviewers below who tipped me off to find the EDP! Reviewing Boucheron EDP.

Well, what to say? '80s oriental bomb. The opening is a fruity cloud of incense. The citrus isn't fresh and invigorating; rather, it's preserved in liquor and heaving doused with spices. This thick spicy juice drips down onto the white flowers in the heart, coloring them deep gold. Benzoin and tonka, for me, dominate the base, which is wonderfully rich and sticks around forever. The sillage and lasting power make a very clear statement: CAUTION confident sexy woman coming through.

I think Boucheron is for apricot/citrus what Poison is for plum. The two scents clearly come from a similar direction. Poison, on the other hand, is darker, richer and more opulent than Boucheron IMHO. Boucheron is also not for the faint of heart, but it is golden-hued, inviting, and warm. Also considerably drier because of the benzoin and the absence of honey. Poison and Boucheron both come out at night, but the former would be a vamp and the latter would don a floor length black dress, gloves, and million-dollar diamonds.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

The 80's were all about oriental florals.So let's do some birthday-research.
1984-Poison dior
1987-Loulou cacharel
1988-Boucheron
Yes,Boucheron feels heavily inspired by its past.

Still it quickly develops a more airy and dry character than the other two jungle-wet compositions. It is more decent and well behaved.
Is this a good thing?I am not so sure.
Classy?Yes.Timeless?No.

Sometimes it takes a twist,something to go wrong to make it just right.

c3c
c3c

When I first applied this there was a strange feeling of recognition, old ladies? I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I realized it's very much like walking into an incense filled import store, an old musty one. After an hour it was an even older store. I washed it off and tried to cover it with Japhir Saphir, which interestingly enough was a great improvement. It added the feminine tone that this lacks.

~ revision ~
After sitting in my collection collecting dust for quite sometime I had to pull this out again. I was at a friends and it turns out she has made this her signature scent. I'm standing there looking around sniffing the air and there sits the biggest bottle of Boucheron I've ever seen. "Interesting..." So I went home and tried again. It still makes me think of incense but apparently my appreciation of incense style scents has improved. I wouldn't call it love, however I feel much better about Boucheron than I did before. I may even drag it out now and again and wear it all on it's own. Although it still smells pretty good combined with Jaipur.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I didn't care for Boucheron upon first wearing. The initial blast of sweets and florals seemed a little too much.

I've given it another try, and while I'm still not sure if it suits my current perfume temperament enough to be full bottle worthy, I admit it is a well-crafted and likable scent.

The opening of Boucheron has a powerful candy aroma, exactly like a beloved U.S. candy known as Smarties. If the perfume stopped there, I would write it off completely, but the candy scent lingers for just a few minutes. From there, it moves to a pronounced floral stage that lasts hours on my skin. Initially, I found the flowers reminiscent of Bal a Versailles. Today they reminded me of the flowers in Ange ou Demon. If you like the floral notes in either of those scents, Boucheron will not disappoint.

The dry-down of this fragrance is a "greatest hits" of every classic base note known to perfumery(civet! vanilla! tonka bean! oakmoss! the list goes on and on!), and the scent moves seamlessly from the floral heart to the musky, slightly sweet base without losing its sillage.

I recommend purchasing a sample first, and give yourself a few wearings to really get to know it. I have a feeling its going to grow on me more with continued use.

guest_Venus
guest_Venus

My husband bought my first bottle of Boucheron EDP as a gift in 1998. I had never smelled it before I opened it. He knew I wasn't a big perfume lover, not a big fan of florals, but he thought it just suited me.

Rich, deep, soft, strong, sexy, feminine, daring, a little powdery, Oriental, powerful, sophisticated, smooth, luxurious, lingering...it's just pure loveliness in a bottle. It's even better once it settles.

It works great on my skin, but I know many who cannot wear it. I've tried others, but still reach for the Boucheron when I really want to make an impression, it's been my signature scent for 11 years.

eranaral
eranaral

The Jasmine and Tuberose definitely stand out. If you don't like those two flowers, I would not recommend this. There is also a hint of some strong chemical scent at the start like nail polish remover. The lasting is ok 3-4 hours.

guest_efikillkiss
guest_efikillkiss

In an old review i read that contains the note of acacia. I bought it for myself many years ago after reading it was a famous french actor's favorite female perfume. If young aristocracy had a scent, i think it would be this. Very intense although strikingly clean, sharp, mostly flowery, long lasting, elegant, mossy, fresh on a discreet oriental background. Impressive, interesting. 18-10-09, 6:02

The previous reviews that highly praise this scent are definitely written by people with excellent taste in fragrances.

Boucheron is a scent which defines sophistication, elegance and class. A rich, unmissable fragrance that doesn't have the popularity that it deserves.

I spent many months searching for this particular fragrance, and only managed to find the EDT concentration in an exclusive fragrance boutique. I was highly impressed by the EDT, and when I read that the EDP is even more impressive, I can't help being dumbfounded by this scent.

Boucheron is everything that a fragrance should be; complex, unique, intense and memorable. This fragrance has been created with the upmost care, blended beautifully, resulting in a rich, warm and feminine scent.

The top notes are not your typical nose-burning citruses and fruits, they have all been blended perfectly creating a scent that is inviting and interesting. Vanilla makes it's presence known right from the very beginning. It's the combination of the vanilla mixed with the lemon, orange and basil and then with the floral accords in the heart of this scent, that fascinates me in so many ways.

In no way is this fragrance dusty and 'old-smelling'. To describe this fragrance as being suited only to mature aged women is very misinformative. Any woman that loves this fragrance should be able to pull this off, it's not restricted to any age group.

Everything from the scent to the bottle is clearly elegant and sophisticated, making this scent perfect for those strict formal events and occasions. It's such a shame that this fragrance isn't more readily available in my country, although I have heard that where it is available, it sells extremely well.

Classic, Boucheron most certainly is. Expensive, but well worth the money spent. The lasting strength is guaranteed to be a highlight as it lasts well into the next day and clings to your clothes for days, managing to scent your wardrobe with its rich aroma.

I highly recommend this fragrance and advise people that have not tried this scent to "get thee to a tester immediately", this perfume is not to be missed.

megannsmom
megannsmom

Because of the generous and lovely Chat Lunatique, I was ale to sample this amazing fragrance; and I must say, her review is spot-on! I LOVE it, it is rich and delicious with spicy floral goodness! Very luxurious and yes, sexy! I tried it last night and can still detect it on my skin this morning, so lasting power is quite good! This is one that I will HAVE to have a full bottle of!

sjanira
sjanira

Great fragrance, very expensive smelling. A bit strong and sharp but mellows quickly into an oriental goddess.

renneyg007
renneyg007

Have to agree with Chat Lunatique, this a phenomenal fragrance and its seamless. There are no freaky changes, it takes you on its journey and doesn't lose track. My mother used to wear it and she got sooooo many compliments. Boucheron is a strong, statement fragrance. Not a girly scent, this one is all woman. I get lemon, vanilla, jasmine and heavy amber and that's just with the eau de toilette. It took me some time to get used to it because of its richness. Now its a keeper.

Annie_D
Annie_D

After I sprayed this on a tester strip I was too nervous to try it on myself. It is rich a spicy almost, I can not identify the specific notes, but at first it has a little citrus/fruit type smell but there is something spicy lingering behind. The middle comes in a spicy velvet like veil that covers up any initial scents that I had the potential to like. Very oriental, but I would put it more towards spicy not floral. But like I said I didn't spray it on my skin so it may very well turn floral on the skin. I am not sure if I would say it is quite grandmother, but it definitely has potential(from what I smelled on the tester). Maybe when I am brave and have nothing better to smell I will spray this on myself and give an update.

ktv0926
ktv0926

I personally like the fragrance a lot! Very rich and deep scent, I enjoy it.

But there's a huge BUT - I had a sample of it and whenever I was wearing it, comments would be like - Oh, where's that Grandma scent coming from? Or - It smells like in the church...

So I had to give it up(((

VioletLily
VioletLily

I am rather enamoured with this one. Sophisticated, sexy...velvety warm skin. It’s one of the most elegant fragrances I’ve smelt. Boucheron is one of those houses whose fragrances I have wandered past many times in a store, but not thought about trying. A few months ago, I had a spare testing spot left on my arm, so thought, why not? A little sharp at first with what seems to be bergamot, tuberose and orange blossom jostling for position. But it soon becomes a radiant floral sweetness with a luxurious slightly powdery warmth. The vanilla and amber provide a delicious smoothness, with a hint of sandalwood. A very beautiful scent.

PS: This is for the EDP. The EDT is also lovely, but does have a slight sharpness and is not as smooth.

essija

Strong, Powerful, Heavy and Bold!! Get the point? This is a Timeless Classic in my opinoin. This is a gem of a scent. Absolutely Gorgeous. Very Rich on my skin. This is a special occasion scent. Love how much depth it has...

I so wanted to love this one, but as usual with classic or strong orientals, it smells like an ashtray on my skin. All those deep, interlaced notes flatten out and I end up with a perfume-y scent overlaid with the frangrance of overflowing ashtray. I've smelled it on other as a delicious rich ambery oriental. Not so on me.

essija

A classic, a must have for every woman. I was really young when I discovered how wonderful this scent was, I wonder what is smells like today. Hope it has not changed...

glitteralex
glitteralex

I love this scent in any formulation. I get lemon-vanilla, then jasmine, then sandal/tonka/patchouli. I gave my Nana a sample, and it instantly became her signature scent. I like it on me, but LOVE it on her (90 y/o Neapolitan matriarch). She wears the EDP atop the comprehensive body products line.

For me, I prefer the Voile pours Corps, or Body Veil. It is an alcohol free mist that I spray with abandon.

I work in a perfume shop, and have yet t find anyone who does not like this rich, classy, and notable scent.

dina
dina

Definitaly a classical one. The edp is much more different and better than the edt.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

I love this perfume! One of my favorites that I plan on never being without. It is just so pretty. Floral yet warm...I find tuberose to be difficult for me to wear-too headache-inducing. This perfume has the perfect balance of florals mixed with spices in the drydown. I'm not good at describing all that I smell in this perfume-I just know that when I wear it I get compliments and it makes me feel very feminine.

jeanol
jeanol

I enjoy this fragrance; on me it smells warm and rich, very much in the classic mould. Whenever I wear this I always get compliments.

Aiona
Aiona

At first, on my skin, it smells like cough syrup. Then licorice with cough syrup, which is kind of nice-smelling, in my opinion. (I like licorice!) After an hour, it changes into a perfume that I can't distinguish from any other.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Boucheron EDP is a much more, what I would call an old-fashioned classic. Boucheron on my skin starts out with a nice dose of jasmine and powdery incense. It's really nice while those top notes last. Then in mach speed it turns dusty smelling then quickly disappears altogether. Surely, Boucheron would never cause offense to anyone because it's a fragrance you would wear to church or to the office. Though that's the very thing I hold against it, a great perfume causes a reaction or envokes a feeling; Boucheron does neither with me!

It's a very classic type of scent, but nothing that hasn't been done and redone many times since the 1800s.

Boucheron by Boucheron 3.97 out of 5 based on 749 ratings and 156 user reviews

BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ NEW PACKAGING
BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ NEW PACKAGING
BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ 2013 25TH ANNIVERSARY PACKAGING TESTER
BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Eau De Toilette 3oz
BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron EDT SPRAY 3 OZ NEW PACKAGING
BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron EDT SPRAY 3 OZ NEW PACKAGING
BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ 2012 LIMITED EDITION BOTTLE
Gift Set 1.6oz
Eau De Parfum 3oz
Eau De Parfum
Boucheron Eau de Parfum Spray, 1.7 fl oz
Boucheron Eau de Parfum Spray, 1.7 fl oz
BOUCHERON for WOMEN by Boucheron SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ BODY LOTION 3.3 OZ SHOWER GEL 3.3 OZ
Gift Set 3.3oz
Boucheron Gift Set for Women, 3 Piece, 1 set
Boucheron Gift Set for Women, 3 Piece, 1 set
Boucheron Eau De Parfum Spray Collector Edition 100ml 3.3oz
Boucheron Eau De Parfum Spray Collector Edition 100ml 3.3oz
Boucheron

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Boucheron Boucheron fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Boucheron Boucheron, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boucheron by Boucheron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boucheron by Boucheron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.