Designers » B » Floral Green « Groups

Boucheron Eau Legere Boucheron for women

Boucheron Eau Legere Boucheron for women
dislike

Boucheron Eau Legere Boucheron for women Pictures Boucheron Eau Legere Boucheron for women Pictures

Boucheron Eau Legere by Boucheron is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Boucheron Eau Legere was launched in 2006. Top notes are mandarin orange and bergamot; middle note is hyacinth; base notes are musk and vanilla.

Mandarin Orange Bergamot

Hyacinth

Musk Vanilla

Boucheron Eau Legere Fragrance Reviews

krmarich
krmarich

I tracked down a bottle of this with some reservation. There is nothing like the original GIANT Boucheron from 1988. I thought after the reformulation and devastation of such a large composition, what is the point of a light version? I have and love the same edition for men.

This opens with a citrus green blast that quickly quiets down to some flowers. Its a little synthetic, yet not vulgar. Jasmine, neroli and possibly tuberose. Its the classic white flower bouquet from the original with some of the notes left out. There is a lot of the original formula intact to carry the spirit of Boucheron. There were so many notes in it that its impossible to describe. Oh, the skanky civet is gone, thankfully.

This dries down to a woody amber character that is reminiscent of the original. This time it doesn't wear you and is quite pleasant and still very elegant. As a man, it is wearable in public. I was always afraid of the original and it still is mostly full. I have to say if you like the original, you would enjoy this.

hills by the sea
hills by the sea

Sometime back, I went on a quest to try and figure out (and acquire) the summer versions of Boucheron. As a fan of the original Boucheron Femme, a gorgeous oriental, I first acquired this version (deep blue round bottle with a little design in the hollow centre). It came in a plain white box with blue lettering.

This version is the same as the one described by perfumeaddict (see review below). It bears little to no resemblance to original Boucheron Femme. It opens almost a little aquatic in keeping with the deep blue glass. The overall feel is fresh and blue/green. Hyacinth is present in the heart but although I love hyacinth, in this particular composition, it does little for me - maybe its the musk, maybe its the slightly aquatic quality. This perfume is definitely unisex.

Needless to say, I found another home for it. Just a note for those who are confused about the many Eau Legere versions of Boucheron - there is another blue bottle from a previous year as well (it is lighter blue with a golden tint at the top and comes in a sky blue box) and I have sniffed that one too. It smells almost exactly like this particular deep blue bottle. So both Eau Legere blue bottles smell similar. If you have one you do not need the other.

There are two more Eau Legere versions that I know of and both bottles have no blue in them. They are both golden colored bottles. One is Boucheron Eau Legere 2005 (listed in Fragrantica database).

And then there is another Eau Legere version (maybe 2009?) in a pale golden bottle, (with a little design in the hollow centre), housed in a golden box with pale grey swirls. (On this database, you will find it listed as a Jewellers Edition but it is another Eau Legere from a different year). I will post a review of that one later.

dekesh
dekesh

I've worn Boucheron Legere for many years and when I ran out and couldn't find it locally (I had purchased it in Paris), I checked online. It's been a while and I need to reorder again and see there are numerous 'Legere' options and am confused - please help! My bottle is blue, and I see online there are a number of blue bottles, but the packaging is different (white with blue lettering, beige with blue lettering, blue with blue lettering) and I don't recall the color of the box mine came in. Is there a way to figure out which version I have? Are the different box colors actually different fragrances?
TIA

jtd
jtd

I’ve been thinking about unabashedly synthetic fragrances. Not Comme des Garçons synthetic or non-perfume punk fragrances. I mean Hermès 24, Faubourg, Boucheron by Boucheron & Boucheron Eau Legère, Lauder’s Dazzling Silver, Paco Rabanne Metal. Some work better than others. The less successful of the lot seem to fail for errors of approximation and errors of scale. Boucheron by Boucheron approaches sensibilities of flower and amber, but misses them by just enough that they seem odd, then magnifies them enough that they seem alarming. Approximation and scale.

Boucheron Eau Legère (2006) uses the same palette as the original, but actually smells nice. Maybe it’s a lighter hand in the composition, maybe there’s simply a little room to breath between the notes. It feels like it has a thinner nose viscosity. It doesn’t hide its synthetic tone; there is a crystalline quality that is both pretty and shallow. The chord has a fetching ring, but it’s played on a tinny instrument. Smart, though. In Boucheron by Boucheron a similar chord, much louder, is brittle and harsh.

The strict use of aromachemicals rather than botanicals (and animalics, I suppose) does allow for a manipulation of abstract qualities. It gives PR Metal and EL Dazzling Silver their metallic glare. In Nahema, synthetics allow the creation of a sort of meta-flower. But in using solely aromachemicals to attempt to replicate florals, ambers, etc., perfumes like Boucheron and 24, Faubourg use synthetics as scent prostheses. A bit like using saccharine instead of sugar. It sets up an expectation that can't be met.

Eau Legère’s lighter weight is what allows it to succeed as a perfume. It verges on appearing over-produced, but it’s catchy.

etmpewo
etmpewo

Dear Olga... Your bottle is another version, which isn't available on this site, yet.
There are many eau legeres and many Joaillier versions EDT and EDP for almost all Boucheron parfums.

The bottle shown here, is a scent, as I see it, which could be for men and women. It's clear, fresh and stays for a lot longer (about 6-8 hours).

I also have many versions not shown at this site, yet.

The jewel version is only available in 50 ml EDP, which scent is exactly the same as the Boucheron de Boucheron.

olga1780

Just wanted to add for the Boucheron fans: don't be put off by "Eau Legere" part. I was wearing it today, and even though it is light, it has great sillage and lasts at least 4 hours.

olga1780

I agree, not much in common with the original Boucheron, but still a lovely fragrance for summer time,when Boucheron would most likely knock people over, especially EDP.

Looks like the photo is mixed up the with the Jewel Edition EDP, my bottle is clear with gold design.

BOUCHERON EAU LEGERE bears barely no resemblance to its namesake, BOUCHERON, which of course raises the usual questions about the rhyme and reason of the flanker industry... Why dash some expectations and instill others falsely by suggesting that a flanker will be related somehow to its predecessor?Alas, these questions may remain eternal mysteries of the world, never to be resolved.

EAU LEGERE will certainly be welcome to those who find BOUCHERON too heavy, too formal, and frankly inappropriate for most contexts. From start to finish, this smells to me like a light oriental woody fragrance, with a pleasant vanilla-infused drydown that is fairly subtle and not very floral at all. No idea, honestly, why anyone would read this composition as a floral green...

A nice everyday, unobtrusive and inoffensive quasi-skin scent, EAU LEGERE could easily be worn in all of the contexts where BOUCHERON might seem out of place. Not very original, but pleasant all the same.

Malegria
Malegria

I have another special edition (am not exactly sure which one - a light juice and white-ish pearly box with blue accents) - a gift from a friend.
It is a very elegant scent,sharp and grassy in the beginning - slightly bitter and warm in the end.Hyacinth notes are very lovely here, I also feel some lily of the valley. The vanilla-musk base mixed with the bitterness is very alluring. I am not sure where the bitter note is coming from - it feels like marigold or tagette.
I agree with perfumeaddict - it is an ideal day scent, even for work. The staying power is average, and it does not leave a trail behind like the Boucheron Femme does, but I still felt it`s presence all day long.

perfumeaddict
perfumeaddict

Some "light" versions of fragrances are just that: the same fragrance, but simplified and lightened. Boucheron Eau Legere has almost nothing in common with the original Boucheron Femme - it is a completely different scent. Eau Legere is a not-too-innocent, spring-like floral musk. After the citrus top notes fade, the fragrance dries down to a fairly potent hyacinth-musk floral. Vanilla is present to smooth the edges of the hyacinth and sweeten the green notes, but isn't prominent enough to take it into oriental territory.

As much as I like Boucheron Femme, I think Eau Legere might actually be more wearable. I'll reserve Boucheron Femme for romantic occasions, but Eau Legere is one you can wear every day.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Boucheron Boucheron Eau Legere fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Boucheron Boucheron Eau Legere, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boucheron Eau Legere by Boucheron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boucheron Eau Legere by Boucheron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.