Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Initial Boucheron for women
dislike

honey
Initial Boucheron for women Videos
Initial Boucheron for women Pictures Initial Boucheron for women Pictures Initial Boucheron for women Pictures Initial Boucheron for women Pictures

This precious perfume bestows to its woman a gentle and soft aura. It begins with the freshness of tangerine; the floral nuance is given by rose and jasmine, and pepper leads into sensual intrigue, together with almond honey and patchouli, leaving this intense welter trace. As it is always case with Boucheron, the beautiful bottle is a real fetish. It is especially present in the concentration of the perfume. This time it has a form of a pedant with a pearl. Since for many people the very process of putting the perfume is a real pleasure and especially by holding something like this in their hands, the special attention the designers dedicated in creating such a bottle is not a surplus job. The perfume was introduced in 2000, and the creator of this graceful bottle is Joel Desgrippes. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier.

Cassis Red currant leaf Mandarin Orange Pepper

Wildflowers Patchouli Jasmine Rose

Honey Almond Musk

Eaudemoiselle de Givenchy Ambre Velours

Initial Fragrance Reviews

anna.023
anna.023

It's always more difficult to write a negative review about a perfume.. I find it harder to explain what specific notes that you don't like, but I'll give it a try:

First of all, Initial are a serious spice bomb! It's strong, rich, intense and sharp. Initials sillage and lasting power are both exaggerated and on the extream side.

I'm not a huge fan of too spicy and overly strong perfumes. But notes such as honey and jasmine made me think that Initial would be a different story. Since it's a very rare bottle that you wont find easy or cheap, I was thrilled and extatic when I was given the oppurtunity to try it!

Initial starts out with a pepper strong enough to almost blind you, the peppery notes are a constant part in this perfume. It doesn't soften much but stays about the same. I detect a pretty strong rose note on my skin, which doesn't blend well. I almost get an "old/dated" feeling, not old as in age, but old like old stored things... In my case the honey doesn't really do much good. It adds a sweetness perhaps, but sweet honey combined with pepper as strong as this one it's rather suffocating. On my skin Initial are all about three notes; Pepper, Rose and Honey. Perhaps a hint of musc could also be found..

I did give Initial a chans and lord knows I wanted it to work!! Sadly it didn't. It's simply too strong and all the notes I dislike seems to be the strongest ones on my skin. Such bad luck!

henri345que
henri345que

I can see this as a precursor for the current style of the modern chypre fragrances, that uses a camphoraceous, but sweet, patchouli note attached to luminous fruity tones and some creamy musks sometimes. Initial in the EDP version has this kind of aura, a creamy honeyed musky that shines after a first medicinal almond opening, followed by peppered satined roses. I have to disagree that this is a common scent, common scents barely shines like this one, that seems sophisticated and balanced after the first minutes, when the dissonant almond starts to fade and open space for the beauty scent to glow at skin. A hidden gem, not for everyone I think, but it`s the kind of scent that seems magic when used in the proper skin. Although it seems to me,as other boucheron scents, a fragrance that you would use only in social moments, I would wear it everyday, since the glowing aroma is so appealing and makes me smile.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I just got a bottle of Initial EDP as a blind buy (This rating is for EDP not EDT). I can say I am extremely pleased to have obtained this somewhat rare gem. It's a lovely scent unlike anything else I have smelled. A floral woody oriental. I would not necessarily say it's got a vintage vibe but it's different. It is not at all your mainstream sweet syrupy gourmand scent that is saturating today's market. It is a gorgeous floral honey combination that combines a honey sweet floral with a touch of Oriental spice. Overall I am thrilled to have this beauty in my collection and if your are lucky enough to find it reasonably priced for sure grab some!

geur
geur

Floral-Spice-Honey -HEAVEN- if anyone finds this please let me know!

Had one bottle and I died a bit when it emptied of this liquid gold.

LOVE it and long-lasting!

emiliesolbu
emiliesolbu

i remember smelling this at the airport as a kid many years ago, and to me it smelled like barbie. i mean literally! it smelled like the plastic a barbie doll is made of. i HOPE this is how it actually smells and that it wasnt just a bad bottle, because i cant think of anything more amazing than smelling like a plastic doll!

Lovejaiphursaphir
Lovejaiphursaphir

Starts off on me as pleasant fruit then quickly becomes peppery.then the pepper warms and hints of rose creeps in with the pepper fading to background..but still there. Then some honey shows up. Boy this is interesting,but not surprising as Boucheron Jaipur Saphir is my all time favorite!!! Will give it a few hours and report back!

amelie
amelie

Beautiful, feels somewhat woody notes, perhaps this is almond and honey that give warmth. Very feminine, cuddly, what bothers me is a note of musk, but it perhaps adds additional charm to it.
Athough there is no similarity with So Pretty, they do have something in common, both were created in a same feminine way; these are the fragrances close to the skin, and I love it.

noshnosh
noshnosh

OH DEAR GOD! what an sophisticated chic amazing smell is it . it reminds me of my mother it is her fave perfume . its not suiting 20-ish girl anyways its perfect for 40-50 lady . smells like heavy honey and musk but heavy in a good way . the bottle is ceramic and looks like an egg . actually the design is so sophisticated as well and the smell lasts even washing her clothes which is good thing in my opinion , hope you guys find it helpful :)

milamilamilamila
milamilamilamila

first spread I feel like a magic Myrrh and soft elegant incense smoke covering my soul with honey jasmine rose blanket, yes its heavy for the first smell, but after blend with my body with in 15 minutes it is just confident fragrance and wealth and sacred. I love it. After 15 minutes comes rose, jasmine, almond and patchouli. Last're pepper, a little mandarin orange, lot of wild flower and feminine musk. Love it.
And might cassis or red currant leafs is what I thought myrrh and soft incense, I never smell cassis nor red currant leaf.

beatrix75
beatrix75

ooo this one finally i foundet in Hungary and i smellit !!what a wonderful smell strong long lasting but sensual warm and a lot of flovers with honey.at begining litlebit like "chanel 5"somthing but after some minutes woooou elegant feminine frag.This parfum bring for your soul peace i think so.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I didn't get the honey either which is sad because I was hoping this would cure my honey scent fix. This is delicately sweet soft florals on me that stays really close. It lasted through the night staying on clothes but very faintly after six hours. I got this for free so I can't complain but although a lovely floral I won't purchase as I prefer slightly louder florals than this soft spoken beauty.
EDIT: my bottle must be trying to prove me wrong or else the tropical weather has altered this beauty on my skin. All of a sudden, only in the drydown though, I'm getting yellow honey, not the dark rich ones but the syrupy golden ones. I must say I'm quite pleased and will spend more time with it in the hope of discovering more secrets.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

Unfortunately, on my skin Initial's honeyed note never develops. It is pure pepper with a hint of vanilla on my skin. It's not my cup of tea.

On the plus side, if this works with your chemistry it has great sillage. It is also very long-lasting as well.

akats
akats

I must say that it is not my type of fragrance. Yet, I bought it blindly as I found a very good offer today at a store. When I came back and smell it I thought it was quite nice, but not something I would love! It has a nice opening, due to tangerine but after that, florals and spices are not clear and warm. The sourness continues but it is not pleasant any more as it was at the beginning. Something does not suit me very well (I suppose that is cassis) and the overall impression is not what I would expect. I will give it time and try to know it better.....

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

Please Pass the Honey Dust, Sweetheart

I'm testing this from an old test spray vial. I think the top notes are shot, but I get the gist. Plus, I remember it from when I first got the sample.

Once the launch festivities subside, I find myself in a luscious, cozy, winter's night scene in which I am laying on a beautiful bed, admiring a room full of cut flowers while being sprinkled with honey dust by a very hot guy who happens to be wearing a sexy, peppery, spicy fragrance.

To love Initial takes a little bit of patience, but I promise that you'll be rewarded for sticking around for a bit. Initial, as others have written, just becomes sweeter and softer as it settles in. It is long-wearing, and the silage is quite good. I used two sprays on my chest under my top (and took a quick dab from the sprays for each of my wrists).

I am starting to wonder whether the house of Boucheron has a conscious ambiguity agenda going, as INITIAL, like so many other perfumes of this house (with the notable exception of the original powerhouse BOUCHERON) refuses to commit to a category or even to exhibit any sort of consistency from wearer to wearer. To my nose, this creation begins briefly with a tangerine/mandarin-spiciness evocative of the openings of a number of florientals familiar to me.

However, as INITIAL develops, a very strange mid-stage emerges, in which the pepper and cassis leaf (I presume) somehow combine to produce a dry cigarette-ash effect. It does not smell dirty here, as in Givency HOT COUTURE (which I do not like at all—in part because of the artificiality of the raspberries in that composition). Instead of smelling like a dirty ashtray, INITIAL mimics during its mid-stage (which lasts a few minutes) the scent of clean cigarette ashes—as oxymoronic as that may sound.

But wait, there's more: in the drydown, this perfume morphs again--at least on my skin, and according to my nose--into a honeyed-almond layer which lingers on and on and seems to bear no relation to the dry cigarette-ash stage, although it's not completely out of synch with the citrus-oriental opening.

Overall, I'd say that the identity of INITIAL is very difficult to pin down: it capriciously defies categorization and seems to manifest different notes to different wearers and even to the same wearer at different times. Given its manifest elusiveness, I'm not really surprised that this perfume was discontinued. The one thing that I can confidently assert is that INITIAL is both nonlinear and unique!

Absolutely love this one! Soft but at the same time intensive, not loud but there all around me. Fresh and crisp in topnote - I can also detect mint. wonderful, maybe not a sexy scent but an adult woman-scent. I bought a sample today 5ml - I want the larges bottle there is.. but nowhere to be found...If someone in Sweden have one - please let me know.

Bara älskar denna doften. Mjuk men ändå tydlig, inte högljudd men den finns här runt mig. Fräsch och krispig med mint i toppnoten. helt makalöst underbar. Kanske inte råsexig doft men absolut en doft för kvinnan mitt i livet. köpte 5ml prov idag - och vill ha en större flaska. om någon i sverige har det och vill sälja/byta mejla mig.

krmarich
krmarich

The new century dawned with so much promise for Boucheron. Initial would be the final official launch from the house.

The bottle just feels good in your hand and its luscious sheen is just like a pearl. The contents set a minor trend that briefly inspired the industry. It opened with cassis and quickly presents the white pepper. Then the honey coated jasmine and rose darts in and out gracefully. There are traces for other flowers, which I cannot define. Its masterfully composed and indeed smells like a pearl-left to your imagination...

YSL Nu followed this trend. Both were commecial flops. Or were they? The new market was pushing for childish celebrity offerings and elegant treasures from French couture houses were old fashioned.

"to cast pearls before swine". Thank you, Boucheron for such graceful beauty. I shall file it away to remember when style was in fashion.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

flowers dipped in a honey pot I

sublime!!!

etmpewo
etmpewo

I just bought this bottle (parfum) and this is quite an interesting scent. It reminds me of Boucheron de Boucheron as a base, but... It's got a lot more. It has a little bit sour-sweet. When that's gone the oriental part kicks in together with some powder-soap and then... I even smell some woody-moss.

Well done, Boucheron. Very intersting.

ReinaT
ReinaT

I looooove Initial! I purchased it when it first came out, because I love the original Bourcheron, and this one is a winner too! I received so many compliments on it, mostly from women! It is warm and beautiful, sophisticated, classy! I went through 3 bottles of it! It wasn't as expensive when it first came out, but now it's gone up in price! But I hope I will be able to get another bottle soon. I love the bottle too! Whenever I would take it out of my purse to show women who loved it what it looked like, they would call it an "ornament", but I would correct them and tell them it was suppose to be a pearl drop for a necklace, which is so perfect for Bourcheron since they make the beautiful sapphire ring bottle and they are legendary for making and designing fabulous expensive jewels since the turn of the century. I can easily recommend this fragrance for almost anyone. I adore it!
UPDATE: I just got small bottle of it, and I didn't remember how strong it was! It starts off peppery and almost masculine, but drys down to flowery and powdery and smells very expensive, of course! Is almost a unisex perfume, like Must de Cartier, or Obsession, starts out that way. Very Christmas-y smelling, warm. Recommend it for mature ladies, or maybe feminine men.

This perfume is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!! It is indeed creamy fresh and very 'intellectual'. It is one of my Boucheron favorites! LOVE IT!

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Ok, this one is discontinued right now.

It is no masterpiece but it is rich and creamy. It reminds me a lot of Gucci-Gucci EDP, the one in the dark brown packaging, also discontinued...

Bigtime almond, patchouli, musk.
I repeat. Almond.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Initial is an odd little perfume. I only have a mini - and it is so adorable, like a little pearl pendant - that I got off ebay, so there's a chance I may not be smelling it in it's freshest form. I am fairly certain though, that it is not a fake, per some other fragrantica members' input.

Top notes are very watery and vaguely honey-ish. On first application, I was thinking it must be fake or old. Then it goes through a little patchouli phase, which smells a tad musty, so again, I'm thinking it's got to be old. But after being patient for a bit, (bout 30 minutes or so), it blooms into a very smooth and sweet honey-almond dry down, At this stage, it is absolutley gorgeous, even though it still seems light - and this review is for the EDP.

The one thing that surprised me about this little gem is the above-average sillage. Like her bolder sister, Trouble, this fragrance has some serious projection. It's mild for the wearer but can still gain compliments from a few feet away. Totally inoffensive, too. I can't see anyone gagging or getting a migraine over this.

So I agree with the "lion dressed as a turtle" statement. It starts off so slow you think you must have a bad bottle, or you've lost your sense of smell. Oh, the horror! But then it does kick in and redeem itself with surprisingly good sillage and acceptable longevity - about 4-5 hours with good sillage and the faintest honey-almond dry down is still with you even 10-12 hours later.

All in all, I like it but I think I would LOVE it if it were a little stronger.

Edited 1-23-11: I do love this and it is becoming my go-to fragrance. A very soft, feminine and easy to wear fragrance.

sistertricked
sistertricked

On me Initial starts pleasantly fruity, with a sweetish hue and then suddenly something green (almost like oakmoss) comes in - must be the cassis leaves and the pepper. Yes, it IS the pepper. Flowery notes join in and render the smell sweeter. I believe I feel some vanilla too adding to the spicy flowers, but as it is not listed it must be the almond. I can't feel the almond by itself otherwise, but what is by now a honey, musky drydown. I am wearing Initial in warm weather and it is soft and undisturbing, an oriental touch to my whole person. I could wear it to work without annoying anyone, and this is what i will do.

So
So

still, it has been discontinued... what a pitty ! such an elegant, charming perfume ! at first is too oriental - probably the pepper gives me this impression - but after it dries down, it becomes so sweet and pleasant... so unique and highly recognisable... a true signature. discontinued, though...

Sissi
Sissi

At first you get the scent of orange
wrapped with spices and warm amber
Cozy fragrant Imaginings of a Old Victorian Fireplace on christmas eve
a rocking chair rocks back and forth
comly listioning to the sound fire
Crakling Misoltoe on top of the archway
faint sounds of tinkling music boxes playing. or in the scene from The Age of Innocence when Madame Olenska and Newland Archer suble erotic chemisty

or russia Before the revolution when
Tsars ruled with Ambered walls decked with fine paintings of great masters
Leo Tolstory with his Anna Karenina
Onegin wondered though
St Peter's Squaire Like a Person without a soul after his Doomed love for Tatyana. the sweet Soft sounds of the balakas playing. this was a world
before Lenin Stalin and Communist Regime
Distroyed it Forever.

these are the thing i imagine when i wear this. a bittersweet Sojourn in a bottle.

Berith
Berith

A typical winter perfume. I can imagine that they used the pearl to describe it.
Soft, shiny, romantic and memorable.

I spray it on in december, remembering Christmas with chocolate, warm and tender. Heavy oriental, but also delicate and soft to the skin. I will never forget Initial.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

For me, Initial is a lovely smelling lesson in patience. It is a lion dressed as a turtle. Initially, pun intended, I sprayed it, sniffed and sighed unimpressed. Some fruits, that may have been overripe, and a little vanilla/amber hit me without much charm. BUT, I left it on. As the day carried along, I kept noticing the perfume getting sweeter and warmer as though it was melding into my skin and turning into a keeper. By the end of the night, I was completely into it. The best words for it are warm, rich, thick and lush. It would go well with fine fabrics. I am a fan for sure.

guest_Vera
guest_Vera

Elegant, classical, a bit oriental; something that was fashionable like a 40 years ago. I imagine that Elizabeth Taylor used to wear something like this. Maybe she still does for the sake of the good ol' times.

weegee
weegee

I agree with asilverfire614 about the notes blending once past the tangerine opening. There's some dusky rose brightened by the jasmine, but I get no pepper, and -happily!- can't pick out the patchouli (to which I'm normally hypersensitive). I find it hard to believe there's no violet listed in the notes because I pick up a strong undercurrent of violet here, which I like very, very much.

What comes through most prominently for me are the almond and honey notes that linger in a rather rich, syrupy way. I can't wear this in hot weather but in cool/cold temps it's mesmerizing.

For perspective, let me say that I love more than a couple in the Boucheron line! Jaipur Saphir is my favorite, with the classic coming in 2nd, Miss coming in 3rd and the original men's in 4th spot. Each of these is distinctive in its own way and each seems a much deeper overall bouquet & has excellent lasting power. (Initial does not last on my skin in warm weather, only cold.)

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

Maybe I'm crazy, but this perfume doesn't smell at all like its notes suggest it should. The only notes I recognize, from start to finish, are tangerine in the top notes and a strong musky rose in its base.

Something about this reminds me of Chanel #5, and I can't quite figure out what. It happens to be something I don't like, which is a pity, because this bottle is absolutely gorgeous.

On my skin, after the tangerine wears off it becomes very powdery and soapy...not my type of fragrance at all. It's very strong and cloying to my nose and I just can't appreciate it. I find after several hours it is more wearable, but for me, just not worth the time to get to just being pleasant.

Hend Keshk
Hend Keshk

In one word: Luxurious!

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

I was told I just HAD to buy this by a friend. So of course I did and its ok.
Initally there is a spicey floral tone then sweet powder drydown. The bottle is so pretty. My man really was impressed by it! It is beautiful but not my style. If you love a floral oriental. And more of a rich womanly scent, this would delight you!!

star10
star10

spicy,oriental with some flowers scents.Then the spicy and warm notes become stronger.definitely sensual but not very feminine.it fulfills you with the notes of leafs and patchouli.I'm not agree with those who call it a disappointment.but I believe it's not a suitable fragrance for everybody & every day.I call it Eve's fragrance(maybe the name initial refers to this point too)Only a strong woman can wear it whether she's boss,manager or lawyer,but the mature woman who is enough strong to take this one.

alina terec
alina terec

by this reviews i'm seriously doubting on buying it now. i am fascinated by the botlle though. i don't know... it is so hard to find in stores for testing. i don't know if i want to risk it

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

I expected this to become one of my favourites but it turned out to be a disappointment. It doesn't last long on my skin and the drydown is somehow unimpressive and soapy. The bottle is really cute, though.

Goes on as a rich, densely noted oriental, but dries down on me as many orientals do, in an smokey, ash-tray amber. Starts great, ends unfortunately.

dina
dina

I was disappointed when i smelled it. I thought it would be very feminine and sensual, however it has strong masculine notes. It reminds me of opium.

guest_:( Discontinued
guest_:( Discontinued

Initial parfume by Bucheron is my total scent but it's been discontinued - I have bought some bottles on line but dont want to buy really old perfume that's been sitting in someone's shelf for a long time. Does anyone know of a similar parfume?

Candra
Candra

Too strong and sweet for me. I used it only a few times. Good for cold weather.

Halvah

Now, as I'm wearing Initial and testing it, after about an hour it seems to turn into a light, clean, almost soapy scent on me, which is rather different from the powerful beginning. It's even lovelier and more elegant.

Halvah

This is a very special one, not for eeryone, not for everytime. I agree that it's rich, but also sensual, a warm floral with a fruity headnote and a beautiful, classic base. Am I mistaken if I say there's a slight similarity between YSL Nu edt and Initial edt? Anyway, in my opinion, if you like Nu, you won't be dissapointed with Initial either.

popcorn
popcorn

wonderful worm ,rich parfum. i prefer it winter and cool autumn.

Initial by Boucheron 3.80 out of 5 based on 225 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Boucheron Initial fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Boucheron Initial, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Initial by Boucheron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Initial by Boucheron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.